Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:07 am

Shun wouldn’t reply immediately to the comment about him being mad. In fact, if Sharaku said that, he most likely knew that whatever he was going to say would rub the teen the wrong way. If that's the case, then why insist on saying it nonetheless? That wouldn’t do any good to either. He’d rather focus on cutting the pancakes and biting a few pieces.

For all I know, you could have it worse as well. Maybe you could have lost one arm or two back then? Does it make your past less painful? No? Then it’s the same for me. It doesn’t matter if there are people who get “beaten physically” while I don’t. Is it supposed to make it looks like I don’t have enough trouble in my life? People insist on saying there is always a worse possibility, as if I’m playing some kind of oppression olympics. — This part made him slightly exasperated. Was that supposed to be motivational? In fact, apart from the brief explanation of his mother’s reasoning, Sharaku was wrong in everything. It’s easy to give some crap advice “stand up for yourself” when you’re outside the problem sphere in first place.
No. I can’t. You’re a grown up man, I’m not. How can I stand up against four adults? It’s not just my mother, alright… — He knew his judgment on this was unfair here. His mother was obviously the main source of his problems, but not the only one. There are his strict and cold grandfather and wife (or “shadow”, as Shunnosuke called his grandmother) and his indifferent father. If once the man showed some care for the child Shunnosuke was, those briefs displays of affection (for the lack of a better word meaning anything closer to affection yet not quite there) faded over time. And due to certain familiar issues, even if his father supported him, it still wouldn’t bring any good to them, both of them. Leighton’s influence in the home core was zero. None. Shun couldn’t help but let a few tears roll down his face, silently, while he was doing his best to keep cutting the pancakes and drying them. Get busied is always better than grieve over your misery. — It’s more like “what doesn’t kill you immediately will kill you eventually”. Anyway, enough with that. I…I don’t feel like talking about that anymore. — He was just feeling to down here he wouldn’t even bash Sharaku for so many things wrong he said. For once the man escaped a “scolding”. Should they argue about their differences of opinion on the mater, it would just make Shunnosuke even more torn. He knew Sharaku was also looking right at him, hence why the teenager avoided as much visual contact as he could.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Sharaku would just sigh, leaning his chin on his hand. This talk was going nowhere. Why is it sometimes so hard to get a point across? People and their uncanny ability to look at a matter from only one angle. That doesn't meant the person posing it is thinking in the same pattern. Yet, trying to put it together and make sense by explaining only leads to verbal arguments, and at least one person getting upset and down. Was there even a way out of this charade? He was trying, but he did not know what to say to make the younger understand what was he attempting to get at in the first place. How did some people get along so easily? This right here wasn't working from either side, apparently.

''Yes, yes, I could. I never denied that. And no, it is not supposed to make it look like you don't have enough trouble in your life. You're getting that wrong. What I'm saying here is, that even though it feels bad as it is, your world isn't necessarily completely upside down. I'm saying that you should at least try to look at the positive side of life once in a while, not just get all teary over what is not going correctly for you. Yes, it's unfair a lot of the time, and it hurts, but show me one person in the world that has all they wish, everything that would make them sound and happy. Everyone faces some sort of hardship, and if all those people were to be down, and swim in their misery all the time, we'd have a rather depressing world. Do you see that when you look out in the street? There has to be something that makes you happy, or feel good. Simply complaining about the bad will not make you any better. Focus on the good parts you can find, not on the idea that it's bad, therefore, who cares that it could be worse. If it can be worse, it means there is still something good in it now. If you have the option, why not face things with your head held high?'' Sure, he wasn't a bag of sunshine himself, and he could never compare to Hyde in this sense, but he wasn't taking everything like it was a jab either. Maybe he did sound a little pessimistic at times, and he wouldn't deny that, but when it came down to business, he would do something, not just sit there, and cry over the unfairness on his own. Some instances may get to him, but he was done letting it completely stop him. He would take the liberty to explain when he thought someone was taking things too lightly, but the opposite didn't sit with him either. His life was bad, yes, but there were things that were just fine for now. If he were to focus on the negative solely, he'd be a total wreck by now. He almost managed so once, and he wasn't interested in going there again.

....and? ''What does that change? What more could I do just because I'm of age, except for the fact that I could take the easiest option and move out in your case? Do the numbers matter that much? I've dealt with adults when I was younger, and I'm still around. Never say never unless you've already tried everything that can be tried.'' Some situations were hard, and there may not be much chance. Yet, if you really felt like it bothered you, and something needed to be done, why simply state that you cannot because you don't fullfill a requirement? What exactly would change once Shun would turn 18? Age doesn't always dictate what you are or are not capable of accomplishing, except for restricting you with some laws when you aren't past a certain point. It wasn't like he was telling Shun to tinker with that part of it.

He would keep an unreadable expression as he kept looking at the younger. ''Even if that was true, who tells you to not try and enjoy the part in between? Misery isn't the only thing that exists.'', he would shake his head. ''What I think is, that you get too upset and down by everything. What good does that do, except for making it more painful?'' He had his moments himself, but he did his best to shake it off as quickly as possible. What good does wallowing in your grief do, except for making it hurt more? Talking about it was no fun, yes, but letting it drag you down? Just saying it shouldn't be as bad as the experience itself.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 am

…Aaaand Sharaku started sounding like Hyde, but..in the opposite direction. There were some crucial differences between them. Hyde had always this sunshine personality to the point his optimism could become a nuisance more than an inspiration, while Sharaku was the one who holds Shunnosuke’s affection. The teenager had this kind of talk with both of them and, surprisingly, the redhead managed to drag out a smile from the blond. On the other hand, Sharaku wasn’t really succeeding in making the teen feel better here. Perhaps Hyde’s touchy demeanor was the decisive factor in the equation…or maybe not, there’s no telling. In any case, Shunnosuke was definitely growing sadder. Sharaku’s advices sounded more like a judgmental analysis of him. “Simply complaining”? “Too upset by everything”? Fine, then. If Sharaku thought he was “simply complaining”, then he got everything wrong. Again.

…alright then. I won’t “simply complain” about it to you anymore. — Shunnosuke shrugged, his tone a bit indifferent. Not aggressive, though; he just didn’t think he needed to hear this. The older couldn’t even consider Shunnosuke was “resisting”. In his own way, inside his possibilities, but still, he wasn’t completely passive to his dysfunctional family. He does what’s within his range without sacrificing his luxury.  Wasn’t Sharaku the one who took Shun’s words on an extreme level as if the teenager was reprobating his assumed passivity? Ironic it is, he was doing the same. The odd part is, Shunnosuke wasn’t even complaining, he was merely explaining the issue to Sharaku. The man was the one to ask for it in first place, and then he implicitly criticizes Shun for it? The student he felt like it didn’t matter explaining, but no way he’s gonna stay quiet on this. — ”Everyone faces hardships”, so what? This is not a competition, I don’t care if there are people also struggling, who suffers more, who deals with it in a positive way instead of “getting too upset by everything”. Why is any of this important? It’s my hardship that matters to me, because I’m the one being affected by it right now, and if it was so easy to just “look on the bright side”, if everything I told you wasn’t that serious, I wouldn’t let this get to me, I’d just...listen, I didn’t tell you all of this to receive a “suggestion” or some piece of advice, for I know how to deal with this without suffering severe consequences, contrary to your common sense. If you want to help me, you could just…think of how hard this is to me and do what you said before…hug me…say everything is gonna be fine, like they do in the soap operas. — Yeah…he could like it. It’s way better than all the moral lessons he’s been receiving here. Shun’s eyes had a dreamy, almost desperate nuance as he finally looked back to Sharaku. He didn’t really expect Sharaku to actually do it. — That’s what I would do to you…
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:48 pm

...That wasn't..Ugh. Sharaku would just close his eyes, leaning against the back of the couch tiredly. There was no point in this anymore. ''Nevermind. Forget what I said.'' It was simply going around in circles, and he wasn't in the mood to keep trying anymore. This wasn't what he had been aiming for with his words either. He was aware that he spoke a bit harshly at times, but was it really that bad? So, he didn't necessarily think over each word he said, and the way the other party could take it, and he didn't exactly speak sweetly. He hadn't meant the complain phrase that way at all, nor most of what Shun had just pointed out. That was just the way he normally spoke, and it had nothing to do with his current intentions. He couldn't really change his way of speech that easily, just because others perceived his words badly. Most likely, he would sound like a complete idiot if he tried to bend. Besides, he didn't find the idea of adjusting to everyone very enjoyable.

He would sigh lowly. ''I'll just say this. I did not mean most of the things you just mentioned that way, but I guess it doesn't matter. I suppose you should take my words with a grain of salt. I convey things in my way, and while I am sorry for somehow making you feel bad over it, it's not something I can just change.'' He would leave it at that. The last thing he needed was to unintentionally continue the previous 'exchange' by saying something that would spark a negative response. That aside, he did not know what to do with Shun's request. He was trying to get the point, but failing pretty hard. Thinking of how hard it was for the other didn't do much to change his perspective on the matter. ''I...don't understand. A while ago, you implied that pointing out that the situation isn't as bad as it could be doesn't matter. How would me saying that 'it's going to be fine' be different...?'' Wasn't he technically trying for that before, just from a different angle..? ''..and aren't soap operas sort of a fantasy...?'' They were TV shows, right? They always made things fancier there than in real life, even though it was supposedly based on reality. He wasn't trying to dissmiss Shun's words here...but he really didn't get it. He was genuinely confused about this matter right now, and it was most likely obvious from his tone and expression. ''I don't..get this.'' Why..? Still, he would move to sit a bit closer, wrapping one arm around the younger's shoulders. Not a full hug, but something at least. He didn't really know what was he doing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Silence. Shunnosuke wouldn’t say anything in return. He has stated before he wasn’t feeling comfortable with that talk by the way it’s being led to, there’s nothing else to add. And apparently Sharaku wasn’t too satisfied with his input as well. Figures. Shunnosuke knew exactly what he said and he knew everything could come off as arrogant and rude, even though his tone wasn’t abrasive or harsh. Well, not his problem. He was better off eating the final pieces of his pancakes, which he wasn’t even appreciating as he should anymore, merely chewing out of duty.

…and who’d have guessed, Sharaku really accepted his request? — …yes, they are. — He chuckled a bit, closing his eyes the moment he felt the touch in his shoulder. It wasn’t a hug what he got, alright, but it was enough to make the teenager relax a bit. Even smile. A sign of trust. It was funny, not in a deriding way, how Sharaku didn’t get that single gesture was more important than he thought. — It’s different because saying “it’s not so bad” makes it look cold and distant, even for you…while this shows to me that you truly care… — Shunnosuke wasn’t usually too fond of physical contact, as one thing he valued the most is personal space and he made sure to let people now he didn’t enjoy getting too close to them….except the right kind of people. Sharaku was better off with this different approach rather than his usual speeches; regardless of the rightness in his words, it’d let to nothing but an argument between both with Shunnosuke feeling like he’s being judged for his demeanor, and it was clear to both that each other was extremely tired of it. The younger then touched Sharaku’s hand, moving closer; if Sharaku didn’t prevent him, Shun would just lean his head against his shoulder. He was well aware that this level of intimacy was something awkward and new, not that he cared. After all, he has said so much about him at this point, what was a hug compared to exposing a pivotal part of your privacy? The surprising part was…the teenager felt quite relieved he could count on someone to tell certain aspects of his life he didn’t enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Despite all that, and the short explanation, Sharaku was still marginally none the wiser. Cold and distant, hm? But why? It was almost the same meaning, just put together with a different wording. Was it because the former contained a negative word, even though it didn't really refer to that? Something was apparently wrong with the way he talked, but he wasn't entirely sure what it was. Maybe he wasn't good at being touchy. Or he just interpreted meanings differently in English. Whichever it was, it did him no good.

He would furrow his brows a little. ''Does it have to do with some nuance in meaning? If so, maybe I don't speak English as well as I think. Or is it because of the hug?'' He hadn't been trying to sound cold with what he had said, therefore the deal kind of passed him by. It was simply confusing for him. Was it because he wasn't used to that kind of treatment, and subsequently, did not go for that as the first option? He wouldn't protest when Shun decided to lean against him, staying still as he was. ''Hm. What now...?'' He didn't know what the teen wanted to do here, but he doubted awkward silence would help. Nor did he want to something, and cause another disagreement.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Hm… — That was…awkward, yes. He was trying to think of an explanation without resorting to cheap sentimentalism and melodramatic slurs to get his point across. On the other hand…certain things can’t be avoided at all. — Your English is fine, that’s definitely not the issue. Hum…it’s more like… — Ugh. Hesitating wasn’t something he was fairly used to. He took a deep breath before going on: — …most of the things you said…I know already. It isn’t something new, it isn’t something I haven’t heard before. People always say someone should “stand up for himself” just like that, and it’s more of the same. I do that already, I stand up for myself and I withstand the most I can. I also don’t believe for a second you meant any harm, I was not, I am not upset at you at all… — He detached himself from Sharaku for a bit, sitting straight again, looking at a vague point on the ground. His stare and expression were sort of empty in that brief moment the boy took to organize his thoughts. — …but a repeated speech is not what I need. What I need is…different. Is to know that there’s one person I can lean on, I can trust. And I trust you… You have said before we were taking the wrong approach and you would help me if I needed, haven’t you? — His sight changed back to Sharaku for a tiny moment, timidly, before staring into the void again. The older could probably tell this is exactly the one of the things the teenager mentioned previously to not be comfortable with voicing out loud. It was clear Shunnosuke wasn’t able to handle his issues alone, even though the blonde had trouble with accepting that fact for himself and stating it clear for others. — Does this all change your views on me…?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Needless to say, Sharaku was still fairly confused. Ignoring the fact that back then it did not really seem like the teen wasn't upset about it, he simply didn't understand the deal well. It was a normal thing that a good amount of people would end up telling you the same. It's isn't like they have a way of knowing you want something completely else. Besides, what then? What different was he doing now, sitting there like a duck, just for a hug? He was still failing to grasp the basic point of this idea. Nor was he sure how to go about this. No matter what angle you looked at it from, this was not his field at all. ''I suppose. I would..try, yes. But, I don't know why'd you choose to trust me...I don't really think I'm too good for that...'' To be frank, he wasn't really comfortable with this discussion either. In fact, it was safe to say he did much better in those arguments and any of the like than this. He could barely trust others, and it was unsettling to have someone claim they trusted him. As much as he should probably feel happy about that...he was just conflicted.

He would look upwards for a bit. ''No...? Should it..? Then again, it depends on what do you think my initial view was.'' He had a feeling Shun did not think it to be anything positive, which was most likely the reason for this question. He didn't necessarily view the younger in a negative way before, nor now. Problem was, he didn't know what to think at all. For him, it was like swimming against the water current, poetically speaking. Despite being the older one here, when it came to this side of relationships, he was no good. He jumped from one thing from another, seeing as he didn't know what to settle on in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:03 pm

...I don't know. You were the one who said initially that you didn't know much about me. Well, now you do. Does it make any difference or...? — He changed sights back to Sharaku, seriously wanting to hear what he had to say. It was a pivotal answer for the teenager, he wouldn't tell everything about his familiar background and issues for nothing. As for his previous question...that was a good point. Why did he choose to trust Sharaku, anyway? It was clear by now that the man was completely different from the initial image the teenager had about him. It was like the ideal image of a prince revealed to be a frog in disguise, although that wasn't also an accurate comparison. Shunnosuke had no immediate response to that; he was sure that the primary view he had on Sharaku, his debonair outer persona, was part of the reason why he thought of him as reliable. But...was that all there's to it?
When you told me about your story... I was taken aback at first. I didn't know what to think. It surely explained a few things that made sense later, but it would have never occurred to me otherwise. Then you told me that you don't have a job currently, it felt...weird, yes. Not what I was expecting again. Yet...nothing has truly changed, has it? You're still the same to me. It's odd, I was sure that I would never in my life fall for an underprivileged person, or someone who doesn't have a job.. — The tone he would devote here wasn't intended to look down on Sharaku or regard him as less important, it was mere a stating of facts. With an airy chuckle, he ended his reflections. Felt like betraying his own standards and being untruthful to his self, yet it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:34 pm

So he did. But...was there any difference? Sharaku figured he should probably feel differently. That was common sense. Still, what exactly...? He wanted to give an answer, yet, he couldn't come up with anything to say. Nothing that would be worth saying. ''...............'' He would look back at Shun silently for a while. This wasn't going to help him any, but he simply had nothing relevant to say. ''Not sure...I don't really feel any different right now...so maybe not...I don't know.'' There was just too much at once. He wasn't making sense of it anymore. Maybe if he took the time to think it over, but even then he couldn't guarantee he'd come to a conclusion.

Listening to Shun's following speech, he would give a tired chuckle as he rubbed his fingers against his temple. Well now. ''I suppose I defy the normal at times.'' There still were some things here and there that Shun didn't know, and which would most likely make him look at the situation twice, but he wasn't in the mood to make this more complicated than it was at the moment. Speaking of complicated...''What is underpriviledged supposed to mean here...? I'm not sure if I know the definition of that word...'', he would frown a little. He had an idea, but he wasn't sure of what it implied in this context. Despite his English being fluent most of the time, he did sometime have to doublecheck. ''Anyway, what is it that you expected? If you don't mind telling me, that is.'' It would be interesting to know at least...
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Hm. Nothing changed. Alright, it could have a positive meaning; after all, if nothing changed, therefore Sharaku wouldn't shun the teen away or any of the like. Still, the way Sharaku said it, so uninterested, made him think the man didn't truly care for anything. Sigh. In any event, he decided to  give it the benefit of doubt and stick to the favorable possibility of interpretation. — Hm, I suppose I could have said poor, underclass, "not on my level". — He shrugged, not really paying attention to it. Sometimes he was too eloquent for his own good, and this time he wasn't saying Sharaku was "not on his level", it's just he set his standards too high and his criteria involved finantial conditions, of course. Nothing for Sharaku to worry about, for he made the cut. On a second note, his last question made Shunnosuke ponder a bit. — Well... I expected a "prince". That's how you appeared to me at first glance. Tall, charming, polite, distinguished looks and attitude... You had everything I sought, it was natural to me to deduce you had a high, suitable job. Such as a salaryman. Or the very owner of a company. — The look on his eyes had some sort of dreamy, contemplative  expression. He didn't care much about it since Sharaku stated previously he accumulated a fortune on his own, and it seemed to be enough for him to live comfortably without the need to work for the time being. In the end, it meant to Shunnosuke one thing: Sharaku was rich, that's all that matters. — And you? Did you expect something about me? — Returning the question, he hoped Sharaku at least posed a not too aloof kind of answer.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Ah, so Sharaku had been mostly right in his assumptions. Still, it was always better to make sure. Some words could be tricky, despite him thinking he knew what was being meant. Confusions and all aside, it made him wonder. What was so important about class and wealth that Shun was not enthusiastic about the idea of getting involved with someone who was 'below him', so to say? Since when did that make a person? ''Hm, I see. A question if I may. Why? What do you have against people that aren't as highclass as you'd like? I personally don't believe status and wealth are the things that determine a person. A homeless person could be much kinder than a rich nobleman.'', he'd half ask, half state with a faint shrug. He wasn't really seeing the big deal there. Sure, seeing style and a lot of money was always pleasant to the eye, but would that matter if the said person was a jerk?

He would blink a few times at Shun's answer. Prince, really? If that was the actual truth, and the teen really expected that, then he'd have a lot to deal with. Oh yes, he could be all that, but truth was, a lot of that was just an act. It was always easier to move about when people perceived you that way. And he never sought to know others better before, therefore it was completely fine for them to only know as much as they saw. Polite and charming, sure, for it was usually the most suitable option, however he wasn't that smooth when he did not need to be. It was a habit by now, but one that he simply took up, rather than it defining who he was. He would smile thinly, giving the teen an almost apologetic look. ''I suppose you're not the first. I can appear that way, and most people are generally content with that. But as they say, appearance can be deceiving. A lot of that, I am not. It is simply easier to have people think so.'' It was not ideal for situations where he had to get close to people, but that had not been an issue in the past. Unlike now.

He would sigh when Shun turned his question against him. There wasn't an easy answer to that. At the very least, not one as straightforward as the younger man had given him. Frankly, he didn't really chase after expectations. ''Not necessarilly. The fact that you were most likely from a rich family was obvious right from our first meeting. Truth is, I don't care. Expectations are a fickle thing, and it's very likely that they'll be a miss. Unlike you, I don't have specifics on what kind of person I'd like to hang out with, and vice versa, therefore I prefer to adapt to what I see. Forming high expectations right away only serves to dissapoint you later, because they rarely turn out to be correct.'' Yes, he did assume at times, but that was simply a momentary response. He did not hold onto such for a long period of time. It all depended on how the person struck him at the current moment. And even when it came to things that were too obvious to not expect...it didn't matter to him much at all. So he could guess Shun had the money back then..and? That did not say anything worthwhile to him, except that the younger could pay for whatever he wanted. If he were to be honest, what he really cared about when it came to a person...wasn't something that could be easily predicted in most cases.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:48 pm

What do I have against them? Nothing. Otherwise, I'd never hang out with Hyde and Naomi, albeit necessary. — He replied simply, in a matter of fact fashion. It was a rather easy to answer question. He just never saw himself getting intimate with someone who isn't par up with his standards, be it social or financial. The fact he enjoyed his privileged lifestyle played a big role in who he associates with, he couldn't help it. Even if it wasn't his preference, his family wouldn't approve, anyway, his involvement with "lower levels". Gladly for them, it was not a concern.

On Sharaku's following remarks...the teenager had a blank expression, dwelling on it longer than he should, processing every piece of what Sharaku said. It quickly turned into a confused state. "A lot of that, I am not". "I prefer to adapt to what I see". What's that supposed to mean, in light of the situation they were in? Shunnosuke tried to not speculate on this, he really tried...and failed.
...what?...that's not how you truly are...? — There's no way he grasped the wrong meaning this time, in case Sharaku decided to complain the teenager was clinging to the worst possibility as usual, which in his mind was far from the truth. — Now what, are you going yo say this is all a façade to win people over? And don't even say I'm the one taking you wrong here or that I should take your words with a "grain of salt", you were the one who clearly said that looks are deceiving, you appear that way because people are content with that, it's easier... Be honest. — Shunnosuke's expression was somewhat mixed between lost, wrathful and hopeful that it was all a misunderstanding on his part. Should it be the case, he would refrain and apologize for jumping the gun and making conclusions beforehand, but...he couldn't help but feel betrayed. By the one person he didn't expect. He knew Sharaku was mysterious and secretive, and he may have his reasons to be that way. After all, trust isn't something you can demand and own, but something you earn. The thing is: Sharaku earned his, and even if it's not mutual, he doesn't have to lie about who he is. So...why? He really wanted to listen to what the older had to say here.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Well then. ''If you say so. I was just wondering since you seem to hold social status in high regards.'' For now, it didn't make much of a deal. Sharaku was just curious as to how important it really was to the younger, since Shun's way of speaking had implied it did hold quite the meaning for some reason..which he didn't get right now. Though, unless the teen actually went out of his way, and acted too selective, he had no reason to pay it extra mind. He just wanted to know.

...the confusion was not entirely unexpected. Sharaku hadn't thought that Shun would simply take it without a word in return. That would actually be sort of suspicious, had it happened. And he kind of figured what he said probably didn't sound the most pleasant when put in that manner. However, he had not been lying. Even though Shun did not get it precisely right, he couldn't deny all of what was said. And since Shun wanted him to be honest...well, there was no use lying about this anyway. Not as it was. ''We're still on the subject of me appearing the way you described me, yes?'', he would ask, just to be sure he understood the teen's statements correctly...though, his answer would not really change whatever the response to that was.

He would look to the side briefly, collecting his thoughts. ''Technically speaking, you are both right and wrong with this one.'', he would sigh faintly. ''Facade...? I suppose yes. To win people over..? No.'' That was the simple answer. ''This is hard to explain...You see, generally, I've come to not bother. Normally, I don't seek to know others at a closer level. In which case, it's easier to simply leave a pleasant impression, and not have to deal with an offended opposite party. It's a habit by now. I tend to act in a way that gives people little reason to cross arms with me. In simple terms, I keep others at a safe distance, one way or another.'', he would look back at the teen with a fairly calm expression. ''Well, up till now, that is. It's harder to keep things in line when I hang around the same people all the time. I'd say I'm rather whimsical, so I can't keep to one set up for too long. Not that it changes much for me...by being who I am, I end up with a similar result. People aren't comfortable with approaching me past a certain level, and in this case, it only hurts more.'' His tone was rather flat by now. ''Is that honest enough...?''
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:54 pm

To be fair, that was even more than he asked for of a response. What Sharaku said only raised more questions than it solved. Shun got that he had difficulties with intimacy, and all that developing a closer relationship, whatever relationship, implies when it comes to his privacy. Isn't that what everyone does in different degrees and extents? He most likely haven't considered that, by putting on a mask to avoid misunderstandings and shaky grounds with each other, he would unintentionally offend even more the "opposite" party when they realize that their closeness was based on a façade; and definitely, Shun was offended by that. However, he was also intrigued. Overall, the teenager failed to see why "people aren't comfortable with approaching him past a certain level". Is it because of his dubious skin color? Or perhaps the unusual amber eyes? None of that has scared Shunnosuke before and, by now, it wouldn't anyway. Is it because Sharaku was hard to handle in the long run? Maybe, but...he wasn't intimidated by that, though the man's behavior and general demeanor could rub the teenager the wrong way in very specific situations. So...what exactly?

...who are you, Sharaku? — A short silence before he held his gaze lowered. This topic was particularly far from being a pleasant talk. — You said "by being who I am"...you said that people aren't comfortable with you after a point...but you never said why. Then...why? Who are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next