Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Understand..? Sharaku wasn't so sure about that. But somehow, he really didn't feel like commenting on that, because that would most likely bring about more verbal exchanges, and he was dead tired of doing nothing else but arguments that went literally nowhere. Maybe it settled for a short moment, but it just came up a while later. Unless it got actually solved in some way, rather then kept being pushed away like it was so far. Somehow, he didn't see that happening easily right now. It always ended with the conversation being cut off at some point, usually by Shun choosing to not say more for some reason. And he was not about to enforce further talk when the other person wasn't showing much interest in continuing. Being too pushy was never a solution. He knew as much. Guess he could try thinking this over, but he had no idea if he could come up with something.

''If that is what you want to do...'' He could stop the younger, but what for..? To risk another fight brewing up? It was highly possible after all. Besides, without talking all the time, he could perhaps finish this before the day ended. He could multitask, but it was no fun most of the time. Well, whatever was Shun going to be doing during his self proclaimed waiting period, he wouldn't have more than approximately ten minutes to do so. Working in silence was much more effective, at least. ''Well, here you go.'', he'd walk up to the teen eventually, holding the plate out to him. Shun was lucky he even had the requested fruit at the moment. Strawberries weren't something he entertained often. He prefered different kinds of fruit when he had a choice. Most of the time at least. With that, he would just keep standing around, choosing not to sit down yet.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:24 pm

A few minutes immersed in his silence were just what Shunnosuke needed to calm down and think rationally about everything. Whatever “everything “means in this case. Kage, the cat, was nowhere to be found. Which is odd, the boy felt like having a company. Even if it’s of a naughty cat. Yes, Sharaku counted, but…they are clashing too much to enjoy each other’s presence. It didn't take long for the older to reach him, lending him the plate with the pancakes, to which Shunnosuke accepted the place of pancakes with simplicity, muttering a single “Thank you” and placing the place upon his lap. With the silverware, severed a small part of it and took a bite. — …Hm. — He enjoyed strawberry pretty much, no news so far. Sharaku's abilities, though, got him a bit surprised. Shun wouldn't evaluate it as superb, for he had too high standards to settle for lower, but it’s far beyond simply edible. Plus, it’s something Sharaku made especially for him, because he requested it. A little gesture that, despite their constant bickering, Shunnosuke appreciated. Perhaps Hyde was true when he said that eating something with your loved ones makes the food seems tastier. There Shun was, remembering Hyde again in a moment that had little or nothing to do with him. Made him chuckle a bit at this coincidence. — You’re good! Kind of makes me regret I've asked just for three. — He didn't mean it literally, obvious, he wasn't used to each tons at meals. However, it wouldn’t do any harm if he complimented Sharaku a bit. — Won’t you eat too?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Sharaku would nod at Shun's thanks simply, choosing to remain standing where he currently was rather than making any other move. He was content to just take his time watching the teen deal with his food. It wasn't like he had anything better to do by now. And it mattered little to him whether he was standing or sitting at the moment. It was actually easier to see when up. He would blink a few times when the younger made the move to compliment his cooking. Was Shun serious about it....? He would probably never know for sure, but for now, he would flow with it. No harm done by that. He had no reason to complain after all. He would smile faintly. ''Think of it as a good deed to your weigth. Eating too much sweet is not healthy.'', he would state in an amused tone. He was joking with that one. He wouldn't really mind if the teen actually wanted more. He had enough for that.

''Me..?''
He would stop to think over that for a bit. He hadn't even considered eating himself up till the question was popped. He had been too busy with everyting else to think of that little detail. ''Not too hungry. I was doing this for you. Didn't consider myself in the picture, really.'', he would answer after a moment. He could, but he wasn't the type to scarf down food just because. It wouldn't be a problem, but unless he was actually hungry, he tended to turn down an offer he didn't have to accept. A habit of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Shunnosuke chuckled a bit, glad the atmosphere slowly became less cantankerous. In light of the recent events, weight was the least of his problems, it was funny Sharaku would point it out even if it was meant to be a humorous banter. Well, he was still flattered that the man stated it was done for him. Shun knew it already but it was always appreciated to listen it right from the source, the kind of confirmation that made the teenager smile. He was a bit troubled to eat and stay sit while Sharaku preferred to stay stood. — Really? Gladly, my metabolism prevents me from gaining too much weight, sorry to disappoint. But while we’re at it, say… Wouldn’t you like a little more meat to…hold at night? — His tone here was low, meant to be at the same time suggestive yet playful. Sharaku was joking, no? So was Shun. Let’s see how he deals with that. Funny how it’s way easier than inviting him out or arguing with him, that’s for sure.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:54 pm

That so...? Erm. Shun could really shine at times. That could really be considered an inappropriate topic over food. Thank god he wasn't eating now, or he would probably have to take a break for a while. ''...That actually made me imagine hugging a steak in bed at first.'' Sharaku would deadpan. But no, really. Of course, he did get the intended meaning but...there were plenty kinds of meat. Pork, beef? Or maybe even chicken. Ugh. He would shake his head to clear his mind of those ridiculous thoughts. Ironic, how he was actually cracking up over the meaning that was so obviously not intended. Logic upside down. ''That aside, however...depends. The whole night..or just a part of it?'', he would ask humorously, with a raised eyebrow. Well, depended on whether Shun got what he meant by that specific inquiry. Or moreso, what was he implying. Either way, inwardly, he was kind of wondering what sparked this.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 am

Hugging a steak? That’s gross. And hilarious. He knew sometimes Sharaku could be dense and read things the worst possible way, but that was way too much and Shunnosuke couldn’t help but to laugh a bit. He also knew the man could sometimes get things pretty much in the right track too, grasping exactly whatever the student meant. Like he had a turn on/off button to grasp the secret meaning of things and read between the lines. Shun had just finished eating another bite of the pancakes when his attention was dragged to Sharaku’s following remark. That wasn’t what he aimed for initially, his previous statement was just a way of light up the mood. Still, he wasn’t indifferent to what Sharaku implied. Oh no, he got that pretty well. — …whichever you choose. For how long would you want me to stay?... — In his question, something that could be identified as a hint of indecision. He would want to stay, he really would. Everything was better than having to return home, and in case Sharaku allowed, the teenager would just…lie to them or whatever to comply to their wishes. Yet…he wasn’t completely sure about that. Felt wrong, even if deep inside this is where Shunnosuke wanted to be, should Sharaku accept his prolonged stay.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:54 am

Sharaku's expression would turn into a somewhat thoughtfull one. It didn't seem that Shun really got the meaning of his words, otherwise he wouldn't be saying 'whichever you choose'. After everything he's seen so far, it was quite doubtful the teen would willingly want to roll with the latter option...if he knew what it implied, that is. On the other hand, the following question...how did they get to that from spending time in bed? Did the teen mean some kind of sleepover...? He did understand the basic meaning, but wasn't sure what Shun aimed for in a long term deal. Hm. He would put one hand on his hip, looking at the teen in silence for a while.

''You sure you understood what I meant..?''
, he would ask, before giving the younger a light smile. ''On the topic, however, what exactly do you mean by staying? I am not neccessarily against having a guest, but how long do you think you would want to stay? I don't think you could just not go home for a long period of time, unless your parents let you. You're not really old enough to make a decision like that on your own without possible trouble in case your family doesn't approve.'' He wasn't going to decline right away, seeing as this was something he had never tried before. Frankly, he couldn't say how well could he handle constant company in his own home, but..nothing for a try? But he wasn't intending to get into an argument with Shun's relatives over something like that if it were to pose a problem. It wasn't exactly the same situation as staying over at a friend's for a few days. From several angles.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 am

He knew Sharaku was right. Whether he liked or not, Shunnosuke wasn't in total control of his life. In fact, he had little control over it whatsoever, and it wasn't something he felt like having pointed out right to his face. Because, seriously, his family makes it clear every now and then, the last thing he'd want now is a responsible-toned speech from Sharaku. The kind of speech he couldn't refute. — Like they care. Maybe they'd even thank if I vanish. — He replied a bit harsher than intended. Shun didn't mean to lash out at Sharaku, it's just that this topic in particular was a sensitive subject the teen would do his best to avoid whenever it was possible. And the fact Sharaku was "not necessarily against" the idea, yet asked "how long he wanted to stay" irked him a bit, as if he wasn't too fond of it in first place. Shunnosuke wasn't even thinking of running away this time, and he wouldn't anyway, for the teen valued the luxury of his lifestyle too much to exchange it for spiritual peace. With a sigh, however, he calmed down and placed his plate on the couch, by his side. — ...but you're right. I can send a message to my father's cellphone, saying I'm going to stay at one of my old friend's place. And if you want, I can leave by tomorrow morning. I just...don't wanna go back for today. Please... — He wasn't looking at Sharaku this whole time. Rather, Shun's somewhat distant gaze was kept in some random point in the ground.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Sharaku would frown slightly. He was getting that Shun had a problem with his family for some reason...but like that? If they truly didn't care, they could have kicked him out or any of the like. Why did the teen feel like they didn't care at all, he didn't know. ''Why? If they didn't care at all, I think you would have been much worse off than you are.'', he would ask, keeping the tone light. He wasn't trying to argue now, just to understand. It's kind of harsh to talk that way about your own parents behind their backs. That kind of statement requires a fairly decent reason behind it.

''I'm not sure how that changes much, seeing as no matter how long you would stay, you'll have to go home eventually. But I don't mind you staying, as long as it doesn't get me into trouble.'' He wasn't really of the idea that lying through a message just to spend one day away was worth it, but if that was what Shun really wanted to. In case he was having problems, running from them even like this would not fix anything, just push it away temporarily. And that may just come back at you twice as hard later. However, he didn't think that Shun would take him opening his mouth and stating his opinion well, therefore he would stay quiet for now. This was no way to solve an issue between people, if he were to say something. He would sigh, addressing a different matter instead. ''I do have a question, however. Are you planning on sleeping here in your day clothes? I do not think I have anything your size for you to wear.'' His clothes would be big for the younger teen, even if only in terms of length, due to their heigth difference. And in general nevertheless. Though it would be hilarious to see Shun looking like he was wearing a bag on him.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Sure... — He replied simply, not willing to extend the subject. "As long as it doesn't get me in trouble". Wow. That's such a horrible, self-absorbed statement the teenager had considered the idea of changing his mind. Definitely not what he wanted to listen. As if the previous remark wasn't hard to swallow on its own. However, he wouldn't blame Sharaku. After all, the man accepted his request. Even if going ahead and stating "it isn't so bad" was nothing but jumping to conclusions here. The man wasn't aware of the full facts, what gives him the right to make his own assumptions that the situation is not as it seems to him? If Shunnosuke felt like they didn't care, then they didn't, simple as that. Though the teenager could explain, he wasn't really in the mood for that. And the received response made him feel like he wasn't really wanted there due to the unjust hypothesis that it could attract trouble to Sharaku, anyway. In the end, it wasn't so different as how he felt at home...

I can borrow anything. As long as it's not in rags, dirty or smelly, I don't really see this as an issue. It's just one night. — He commented, getting back to his meal. Somehow, the way he cut the pancakes was a bit fiercer, more impatient even than before, even though his tone was casual and not arrogant.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Ugh. Shun was really a work of art at times. Not that he did not respect some privacy and all, but he liked knowing what kind of ground he stood on when doing something. Letting the teen stay over, fine, but with reasoning like this..? Sharaku did not grow a second head yet, and he was not liking this. The two of them did not get along too well...how was he a better option than home? Even if his parents didn't give him all the attention he wanted, or whatever the problem was...doing this was supposed to do what..? More importantly, however, he was seriously growing tired of this dog chase. In case Shun really had to keep his mouth shut, as if it hurt to say anything about it...at least explain that you don't want to. Completely ignoring a question with a lame 'sure' is rather rude. Thanks for that. Besides, it was quite a contradiction. Shun did not bother to be more than vague on the subject...then got all shut and depressive when he went and stated something. Hello..? If he didn't know anything, he couldn't be expected to get things right, or to not make a mistake in assuming what is going on.

To him, it seemed that Shun simply wanted him to be nice and care without knowing why exactly was he doing it. And that was not his kind of game. When you want someone to acknowledge you, you don't bounce them off. He knew he himself was harder to approach at times due to that, and he accepted it. Besides, when it really mattered, he would tell what was needed. He already told Shun things about his past that were relevant enough, even if it didn't seem to make much of a change. The teen, on the other hand apparently liked avoiding any touchy situation that concerned his being. No serious offense, while not being a huge empath, he could care...but his initiative to do so was low when he barely knew what he was supposed to be caring about. Shun was not making it better for himself that way. He knew very little about the teen to be honest, besides the vague casual facts. Funnily enough Shun was the one to call him mysterious. He had talked a lot, had he not? Next time, he was probably going to just use Shun's approach and say whatevs, because that might actually be more beneficial to him.

He would do his best to keep a neutral expression. ''You know, it's kind of rude to just brush someone off with one vague word. I'm speaking to you, not the air.'' He was willing to clash over that, because he wasn't going to accept that a relationship of any closer kind should work this way. He wasn't about to always be the one trying to explain why he acted the way he did, and Shun doing his best to avoid the same proccess. Wasn't Shun technically asking for trust back then when he had stated he normally did not? Because he would say it wasn't working the other way around either. ''Hm. If you say so...'', he really didn't have anything to say here. Just one night, eh? What for...? Didn't seem like the night would be any fruitful, with Shun being all depressive already.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 am

Rude, you say? — While eating, he lifted his eyes to look directly at Sharaku's face without having to move his head one inch. Shunnosuke wasn't really up for another discussion, but being referred as "rude" kind of brought him back to the game. His gaze was serious this time. — I don't know how that can be considered rude, probably our conceptions about the word's definition differ quite a bit. For example, I consider rude when somebody asks for your help and you reply "as long as it doesn't get me into trouble", as if this somebody would really put someone he lik-- — He refrained from saying that word, he doesn't even know if that still implies, in light of the recent events. — --anyway, as if this someone would really put you in an embarrassing or dangerous state just because of one single night. For example, I consider it rude when you're not aware of the full facts of a history, yet you imply it is possibly "not so bad as I say". Do you want to know everything before forming an opinion? Sit down, then. I'll tell, but do not dare to make conclusions about things in my life as if I'm exaggerating or lying. I've asked you if I could spend the night here because I'd like to stay close to you, we don't have much opportunities to do so, but if you seriously think this might backfire, then forget I suggested it. We don't have to go through this and I don't need to feel underappreciated and unwanted anymore. — Everything was said with a calm, yet firm tone. Once he was done, Shun cut for himself another piece of his pancakes.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Sharaku would stay silent, letting Shun say his piece with a stone face...but, what the actual fuck? An argument was not in his best interests, but he wasn't going to swallow something like this. It made no damn sense when put together. So, apparently, Shun was agitated that he wanted to know 'everything' before forming an opinion? Did he not state his opinion with the sentence that the teen found rude, because he was doing it without knowing the facts? Come on, those were the two literal opposites there. So he shouldn't be asking for an explanation to make an opinion, but not make an opinion without being aware either. Then, what the fuck was he supposed to do? Stay quiet and go along like a good pet or something?

He would grit his teeth, trying to not literally blow up about this. ''I think we should make a few things clear here.'' This was not going to head anywhere as it was. ''Why did I consider it rude? Simple. I wouldn't have minded had you just told me you didn't want to talk about it. But you know, by not bothering to say more than a 'sure', you only did as much as outwardly ignore all I've said, or asked you, as if my words weren't even worth more than a single-worded response. And this is not the first time. Tell me, if you asked me something, or were curious, would you enjoy it if I went and shoved you off with a whatever or sure as an 'answer'?'' He would cross his arms over his chest, doing his best to keep a calm expression, despite the fact that they were pretty much arguing again. ''On the matter of trouble. As I've said before, I'm just not interested in dealing with your parents in case they find out you lied and decide to make a deal out of it. That is all. I'm not saying it will happen, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to consider the possibility at least.'' Sheesh, what did the teen think? It's not like he was expecting Shun to cause him an armaggeddon here. He was just a little cautious, nothing more.

''More importantly, however...'' This one really bugged him. '' 'Do you want to know everything before forming an opinion?''', he would repeat what the younger said a while ago. ''Excuse me, but just before that, you said I shouldn't imply something without being aware of the facts. What I did is, as far as I know called stating my opinion. And unless I am mistaken about what happened, if you do not tell me the deal...and I form my own opinion, you apparently do not like it. So, explain this to me if you will, because I do not understand what the actual FUCK am I supposed to be doing? I shouldn't form an opinion without knowing the 'truth' as you say, but you don't want me to inquire the details off of you either. Is there a special way I am not aware of? As far as I am aware, every person has the right to be entitled to their own opinion. Can I not say something because it doesn't line up with what you think? Is that IT? Should I just nod to whatever you claim like an obedient parrot, to make sure you don't take it as an insult? Besides, I only said 'possibly'. That means it may or may NOT be true. I didn't go and state that it has to be 'not so bad', just that it might. I believe you're taking it way out of proportion here. Nothing is 100% certain, except perhaps the fact that we will all die one day. Therefore, unless your parents directly told you they don't care, your own belief may not be correct. There are reasons behind things happening, and there may be one behind this too..but if you're just going to say 'I'm sure they don't give a damn', you won't know for sure. They may have their own problems that prevent them from giving you what you want, for all you know.'' He would stop for a moment, to take a breath.

''Also, you're the one that reacted by mentioning you don't want to go home, and saying your parents don't care after I simply asked to make sure that they would be okay with this and all. You're the one that implied that this is a big part of the reason why you want to stay. I never said I think you're not staying here to spend time, so?''
He would shake his head. ''You know, it appears to me that a lot of the time, you take what I say ten times worse than it is meant. I just don't feel interested in reaching out, when you automatically go and assume I think wrong of you, just because my sentences don't immediately look positive. This is my opinon on the matter. The way you go about may just be the reason that makes you feel unappreciated. Most of the times you thought I did, I did not even mean it in that manner at all. I don't know what you want to hear just like that. Actually, what do I even know about you, besides the fact that you have rich parents, that you like me, and those little things that are half-public knowledge anyway. You've stated before that you think I'm being mysterious, but you know more about my past and all, than I do about you. What do you want from me then...? To hug you and just pretend this is all okay? I don't even know what ground am I standing on.'' With that, he would stay quiet, just looking at the teen calmly. He had nothing more to say right now.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 3:32 pm

The more Shun listened, the more he wanted to yell at Sharaku. Especially after that F-word. What the heck? Alright, it was his house and all, but seriously...manners? Hello! Still, there wasn't anything he would say immediately. He busied himself eating, chewing on the pancakes with not much will. There they are, arguing again. Some things just can't be helped at all. Yes, he volunteered ignored Sharaku at times. Which should be considered a privilege for the man because, really, Shunnosuke wasn't the type to ignore an argument. Rather, he'd end it quickly with an arrogant response and a self-entitled attitude that could usually put the clash to his favor. With Sharaku, he saw himself coming back and forth with listening what he had to say, apologizing if he felt offended by anything, acknowledging if he did something to offend, displaying affection every now and then, in short, going out of his way for someone else. That, to the teenager, was enough and it was starting to be too much already. Explaining why Sharaku was wrong in each of his points was too time-consuming for Shun to even try. Though, the teenager was hit right in the spot by certain parts of his rant: the demand for trust being unilateral, for example.

I don't think you would even if I said that's what I want. If you have to ask such question, then you clearly don't get anything I say at all. — He didn't cast his plate of pancakes aside again, but he stopped cutting the pancakes into smaller slices. By now, there was just one and a half pancake to be done. Sharaku complained about not knowing anything about Shun, doesn't he? Okay then. — For your information, I know what's their problem already. I was not planned to be born. My father was my mother's teacher and she was my age by the time they hooked up. It was just an one-night stand, but somehow, she got pregnant from there. And she couldn't abort, my grandparents are a very strict and traditional couple. They still think this is 50's Hiroshima, and they didn't give her the option, they forced her to have the baby. As for my father, he got expelled from the job after everything leaked, and I assume he couldn't find anything else to make a living out of it, otherwise he would never accept my grandfather's proposal to work under his guidance at our company and marry my mother, I can tell he hates his life so much. I don't think they gave him much option either, so they married, after all, nobody would see with good eyes a single mother. Just like nobody sees with good eyes an abortion, or a pedophile. This is the story everybody knows deep down around Penecia, even though no one really speaks aloud about it, because of our family's influence. My grandfather made it sure that it's an urban legend, that their lives are a fairy tale and my parents pretend to be a happy couple, although they barely look at each other at home. I didn't hear it from anyone else, my mother was the one who told me, along with "I regret going to bed with that man because of you". Sometimes ranging from "I hate having a sissy like you as a son" to "Do as you want, I don't care". See? You can be happy now I made you sure you won't deal with them anytime soon. — Shun's words were full of bile, and he would not look at Sharaku this whole time. Not even once. — These are "their own problems", as you said, thank you for caring; the fact I was never intended to exist in first place. But well, what can they do at this point? I'm here already, unless they kill me, kick me out or wait for me to move out on my own, nothing's really gonna change much. — He let out a breathy chuckle with hints of resentment before turning back to a way beyond sad expression. His voice was reaching the point it would eventually crack, just like his eyes were a bit red and teary, announcing the boy was about to experience an emotional breakdown. — But sometimes I wonder...why? I've done everything they wanted so far... None of this is my fault... — His gaze, fixed on the plate on his lap, turned blurry gradually. The teenager kindly rubbed the back of his thumb on them, drying the imminent tears right away, just before he, once more, dedicated his attention to cut the few pancakes left. He wasn't even hungry anymore, all that talk and mutual misconceptions drained his appetite.

Last edited by Shunny on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow at first. ''How do you know what I would and wouldn't do?'' He would shrug right afterwards though, letting that matter go. ''I wouldn't say I don't get what you're saying exactly. I just get confused by your words at times. Not everyone is a champion at getting the hidden meaning all the time.'' Honestly, Shun's way of speaking had him wondering most of the time. Unless he knew how to relate to the person in some way, there was no guarantee he would get exactly what the other person wanted. And he kind of found it hard to see the view from a different angle, when he did not really know what kind of angle it even was.

He would frown momentarily at what followed. Well. Was it just his luck, or did everyone around have a messed up life? It did not make things easy to deal with. He didn't think he was too good at this. ''Well then....'', he would sigh, moving to stand closer to the teen. ''Just in case you'll want to be mad at me for saying something, feel free to go ahead, I won't really mind.'' Shun had said before he didn't want him to make conclusions, but he sure as hell wasn't going to just stand there and be quiet. ''I believe that it ultimately isn't your fault, nor does it have much to do with the fact that you do everything they want. People tend to be self-absorbed a lot. From what you said, it looks like she's using you as an excuse to have something to blame her own mistakes for. It gives off that vibe to me. I'd say it has more to do with that she regrets that she was careless in the past, but instead of admitting her fault, she blames it on someone else, because that's always the easier thing to do. She must have been aware of the risk when she did what she did, as well as had at least an idea of what her parents viewed as acceptable. The fact that the two of them do not get along most likely has nothing to do with you.'' He would look off into the distance for a moment. ''I get that it hurts, yes, but you could still have had it worse. Psychological pain is bad, but at least they don't beat you up physically as well. Nor did they throw you out and leave you to fend for yourself with no money. You have somewhere to live, if nothing else.'' There are all kinds of bad, after all. Would Shun have been better off that way? Probably not.

''Not everyone has the luck to live a happy life, but as the saying goes, 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. If she says you're a sissy, then prove her wrong. Fighting when it hurts is not easy, but that's the only thing we can do. As you said, you will be able to move out one day. You can hold onto that, in case it helps. If you truly believe it isn't your fault, then stand up for that. Lies hurt, but when you know it isn't true, then you don't have to swallow them. A while ago, you said it is possible to decide one's future...and even if only to an extent, it means you can do so too, no matter what others say, isn't that right?'' With that, he would make to sit down somewhere next to the teen, looking at him contemplatively. Was he going to get chewed out for thsi speech too...? Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next