Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Prelude (Lance & ????)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sosina

Sosina

Prelude (Lance & ????) Empty
PostSubject: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 7:25 pm

The Park was a great place to relax in the central area, At the moment travel to Central was allowed due to the Coming Festival this would allow other people to come look around get used to navigating the area, and allow those that wished to set up shops, to get the paperwork squared away and approved and gave them time to set up and prepare for the festival.

One thing that was quite the common sight in central, the Presence of a Waddle-dee, these little Creatures seemed to be absolutely everywhere, running little errands and cleaning and preparing the place for the Festival along with people who where doing the same. In the Park however The Waddle-dee's seemed to be taking their time off, likely being told to go rest or go play as normally the little spirits would work till they were quite tired and told to rest by a Waddle-doo. But in the Park groups of them  could be seen sitting in the grass with others, napping under trees and tending to flowers or simply running around playing with other Waddle-dee's.

And among the Multitudes of Waddle-dee's wandering about, there were a few Waddle-doo's keeping a protective eye over them, to make sure the people that showed up to play with the Waddle-dee's were not being mean to them.

It would be in the middle of the park that an old man was sitting petting a Waddle-dee and giving food to a few others and gently humming a tune to them.

Prelude (Lance & ????) Ondu_210
Back to top Go down
THE_BUTLER00

THE_BUTLER00

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 6:57 am

With the festival getting closer and closer, Lance had found himself spending less and less time on the ranch, and more time stuck in the ‘city’ part of the Central City. And the more he was forced to be stuck in these crowded city streets, either delivering supplies to the stores and stands in the areas, or working the ranch’s own barbeque stand, he would often take time to sneak away for trips to Concerto Park, heralding it as his only safe haven of nature in this concrete jungle he’d been forsaken to. Now, was it actually as dramatic as he was making it? Probably not. Was he going to treat it any less than a tragedy that he wasn’t riding horses through the mud while wrangling cattle? Definitely not.

Which was why he was currently laying in the grass underneath a particularly shady tree with his signature cowboy hat covering his face, just for good measure in case some of the stray sunbeams found their way through the branches and down to him on the soft ground. Though, his relaxation would be short lived, as one of the playful Waddle-Dee in the area had found its way into the branches of his shady oak. And as it climbed and jumped along the branches, it sent down a miniature cascade of acorns from above to rain down on the resting ranch hand, who’s only real defense against this hailstorm of seedlings was his sturdy build, and the precious cowboy hat that covered his handsome face. “What in damnation!” He’d exclaim as he pulled the hat off of his face, though upon seeing the adorable culprit that had just rained down acorn hellfire upon him, he’d simply let out a chuckle, before rising to his feet.

“Can’t be mad at something as cute and pudgy as you, now can I?” He’d shake his head to quell the minor case of bedhead he’d gotten from his short nap, before replacing the hat back onto his head. And with him back to his feet, he’d take a moment to properly look around the park. And beyond the large collection of Waddle-dee’s and doo’s, he’d also noticed the strange elderly man that seemed to be feeding the round worker demons. ‘Howdy, sir!” He’d call out as he approached the old man on the bench, giving him a friendly tip of his hat. “Nice day out, isn’t it?” He’d ask, his southern accent palpable.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 9:18 pm

The waddle-dee in the tree waved down at Lance when he yelled up, seemingly not scared of the sudden yelling, and apparently not even aware of having caused the small acorn bombardment, and when the ranch hand got it it waved again and continued on it's merry way along the tree branches apparently just having fun wandering the trees with a Waddle-doo walking around under the Waddle-dee keeping an eye on it so it didn't hurt itself.

When the young man walked over and called to him the old man looked up and smiled, giving a wave, the group of Waddle-dee's all turning to look at Lance as well and each one waving in unison with each other, some watched him walk up as a few others turned back around to get pats or food from the old man, letting out little happy sounds when given ether.

"Well hello my young friend... and yes... I would have to agree with you on that, the day is very nice, very nice indeed, and I am glad to see the Spirits are enjoying themselves as well" he said looking over the Waddle-dee's and their Waddle-doo guardians.

With that smile still on his face he looked back to Lance "So mind keeping an old man company? maybe talk a while? you seem to not be from around central" he said with a nod to the mans manner of dress. "Care to share the news of the distant district with an old timer? if you have the time I mean, I understand many are busy with the Festival"

Last edited by Sosina on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
THE_BUTLER00

THE_BUTLER00

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 6:56 am

“Spirits?” Lance would question, before quickly realizing he meant the Waddle-dee and doo’s that had gathered in the park that day. “Ah, right, the little guys.” He’d give one of the Waddle-dee a sturdy pat on the head to show that he understood, before moving closer to the old man. “I can sit and talk a while, sure.” He’d give the old man a quick look down, wondering to himself why the man would’ve chosen to wear such a heavy cloak on a nice day like today, but he’d never think about asking aloud, since it’d be rude to judge.

“Though i gotta say, I actually am from Central. Just the more...rural part, back in the valley. So I wouldn’t know much about the other districts besides the deliveries I make sometimes for the ranch.” He’d ramble on, not even inquiring as to whether the elderly gentleman even knew about the ranch at all. “Though I’d much rather be out in the countryside going horseback riding than being stuck here in this concrete jungle.” He’d comment as he took a seat next to the man on the bench, pulling the hat from his head and resting it on his knee. “The amount of people that come and gather for this festival baffles me every year, ya know?” He’d try not to make himself sound too against the crowd and the festival when he made the comment, but a bit of that yearning to be back to his quiet lifestyle would creep it’s way into his mannerisms.

“But what about you old timer? From the way you talk, it sounds like you’re also from Central, though probably the more populated part, right?”
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:22 pm

The old man looked at Lance and smiled as the man put together what he was meaning, he supposed not everyone was aware they were called Spirits, perhaps some don't know still even in this day and age, perhaps due to being as far out as the man informed him he was from a rural part of of apparently central, and that seemed interesting considering Central had no Rural areas.

"Well my friend... if you don't feel like telling me what district you are from, that is fine, though I can tell you that Central has no Rural area's" he chuckled as he looked to the man, and then turned back to look at the Waddle-dee's and continues to pet them "As for your preference, well I suppose if one grew up in the fringes of the city, they would have that feeling. he chuckled as he continues tending to the Waddle-dee's.

"As for the amount of people, I am not surprised, many have reasons to want to have access to Mugic, they likely want to protect people... and some likely just want to enjoy a festival, ether way it all seems to be a good thing doesn't it?" he said with a smile.

The old man chuckled a bit more at the question "Well As I have said there are no Rural area's of Central, and also no Ranch in Central.... there is a reason it's called central you know... surrounding it are all the other districts, so there is no place for a Ranch" he clarified
Back to top Go down
THE_BUTLER00

THE_BUTLER00

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:27 am

Lance would smile as the old timer would reiterate that there were no rural areas big enough to harbor a ranch within the Central City. But that smile would eventually fall into a flat frown as he turned to face the man. "I was hoping you'd just go with it and leave us there." But after a loathsome sigh, Lance's smile would return to his face, a little more labored than before. "You are right in sayin' that old timer. Ya see, I'm from the Cou-" He'd pause and shake his head picking the hat back up from his knee and placing it back on his head with another sigh. "The Emo district. He'd say the name with a bit too much negative emphasis than he'd meant to, but it wasn't like he could take it back at this point.

My family owns the Edwards Ranch there. We raise animals for their meat for the most part. But we’re trying to branch out and start with fruits and vegetables too!” He’d say as his smile grew into a genuine beam. He was always proud to talk about his family’s progress they’d made. ”And yeah, I suppose the Mugic does draw a lotta people into this place every year. Powers like that’s just…well, wild.” He’d shrug, not sure how to put it all into words as he patted the head of one of the passing Waddle-dee. ”But I can also understand the folk just comin’ in for the excitement of the festival.” In the end, he’d just let out a hearty chuckle. ”I guess I’ve just got some personal biases that makes me averse to the whole thing.”

Though, his eyes would drop again as he remembered the old timer’s original question. The man wanted to hear about the ‘tales of the distant districts’, and Lance could technically give him that. ”Well, the Emo District is…dreary. Dark and unwelcoming. And the transition’s been…rough, all things considered.” He’d say, once again removing the cowboy hat from his head and giving the old timer a solemn smile. He’d hope that his outfit alone would be a tell enough that Lance hadn’t adjusted to the district’s style and hadn’t really planned to. "Well, I told you where I'm from. So how about you dish about your home? Are you from Central like I'd thought, or are you also trying to hide your stomping ground from the public?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 3:35 pm

The old man nodded slowly as the man finally relented, and the tone he gave mad the old man smirk a bit "See it isn't to bad to be honest, besides it's hard to tell a man as old and traveled as I that there is a ranch in the district he now calls home" he chuckled, as he picked up a different Waddle-dee and continued to pet the friendly spirits, "Well then I can understand seeing your home slowly change to something you no longer recognize, it makes one wonder what is there that is the same doesn't it? However just because your home has changed, it doesn't mean that the place isn't worth fighting for wouldn't you agree?" the old man said with a chuckle.

When the man petted a waddle-dee it seemed to be quite content, but when he moved his hand away the Waddle-dee looked up and then grabbed his hand and placed it back on it's head and looked content again and the old man chuckled a bit more "Careful with petting the Waddle-dee's they believe in being quite fair among themselves, it wants to make sure you pet it for as lond as the other Waddle-dee have been getting pet" he smiled as the Waddle-dee Lance was petting then Wriggled out from under his hand and scooted to the side and another Waddle-dee walked over and looked up at him expectantly [colro=purple]"See now they have formed a line"[/color] she laughed as he placed the Waddle-dee he was petting down and picked up another.

"As to your question my young friend, I am indeed from Central, that's how I knew you were not entirely truthful about where you were from, perhaps something to remember the next time you try to avoid certain truths when talking to others hmm?" he said in a playful tone "Well not that I expect you to have to, but perhaps you should tell people you are from the Emo District and stand proud about it.. So that people don't forget it used to be the Country district... or perhaps you want that memory and knowledge to fade?" he asked as she placed down the Waddle-dee he was holding and reached into the sleeve of his robe and pulled out a bag "As for my manner of dress, I have gotten so old that I need the extra warmth, not to mention the handy design of this robe lets me easily carry my food and food for the Little spirits" he chuckled as he took a large sandwich out of the bag and started to break pieces of it off and hand it to the waddle-dee's one at time.
Back to top Go down
THE_BUTLER00

THE_BUTLER00

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 9:11 pm

As the old man spoke of the changes of one’s home, and whether or not it’s still worth fighting for despite being unrecognizable, Lance would sigh. He had a flurry of different emotions that came with him whenever he thought of the re-genreing of Country to Emo, and most of them were rather negative. So when he heard the man ask if his ‘home’ was still worth fighting for, it came bubbling out. ”It doesn’t feel quite like home anymore, ya know? It’s somethin’ different. Somethin’ new that I don’t think I'll ever get used to.” But the smile would eventually return to his face, as he patted at the Waddle-dee. ”But the people are still there, ain’t they. They’re my home. Not the district, but the family within it. That’s what I’d be willing to fight for.” Perhaps that wasn’t the realization the man had wanted Lance to reach, but it was the one he’d come upon.

But his attention was quickly drawn down to the little critters, or Spirits, as the old timer had called them. He’d give out a loud southern chuckle at the formation of a small petting line before him. ”Well, guess I’ve got some work cut out for me after all.” He’d say with a beaming smile as he set to work getting each Waddle-dee before him the attention they expected from him, a content look locked onto his face as he did so.

Though it wasn’t long before he was back to a lornful frown when the old timer said that maybe he should tell people he was a part of the Emo District with pride instead of hiding it away. If Lance was any less of a respectful person, he’d have probably rolled his eyes at that statement. Though, he would glance towards the old man when he mentioned the memory of the Country district fading away. ”Now…you know that ain’t what I meant to do. It’s just…I don’t understand why we needed to change the genre in the first place. I ain’t found no problem with country, so why the shift to…emo? Don’t make sense to me.” And as though this roller coaster of facial expressions hadn’t already gone through enough twists and turns, Lance would softly smile again when the old man explained his robes. ”I understand ya. Getting old can do that to ya. And I suppose it’s good to have a place for yer snacks too.” He’d respond with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 9:44 am

The old man nodded slowly as the man from the emo District made his case, "Hmmm I see.. so a place stops being worth defending if it no longer fits what you like... but the people who may have gone with the change, are worth defending?" he asked as he gave food out to the Waddle-dee's and the Waddle-dee's seemed to make sure that they were getting the exact same amount of sandwich and they seemed to be waiting to make sure they were getting food first so they could make sure they all got the same amount, and the list getting pettings from Lance would then go tot he line to get food after they had their pettings the small spirits looking quite content.

To the mans comment about work the old man simply chuckled before he let him continue talking about the reason for the change and the man looked up a bit, but let him continue still, smiling at the mention of the snacks before he replied "Well my friend, from what I hear there haven't been any People awakening to Country Mugic in the last few auditions.. and the District seems to be having people awaken to Emo Mugic instead.. but that's rumor, but I have noticed as such from each audition I have been to.. maybe you will find the answer here this year?" he said simply and nodded.

"As for getting old it does have it's good points, and being able to do what you want for the most part is one of them... the snacks at any time and the senior citizen discounts don't hurt ether" he ended with a laugh as he continued to had out the pieces of sandwich to the round little spirits.[/color]
Back to top Go down
THE_BUTLER00

THE_BUTLER00

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 1:00 am

Lance would sigh again when the man questioned him about his stance on whether a place is worth protecting despite the changes made to it. ”Well…personally, I believe that a home is somewhere where the tune in your heart resonants with the tune of the scenery. And, my heart just can’t resonate with that dreary local that we call the Emo District.” He would however look the old man in the eyes as he continued the next part of his statement. ”But no matter what, the people are always worth protecting. Whether they support the change in scenery or they’re against it. People are precious no matter their tastes, but that doesn’t mean I gotta like the change they’re forcing on me.” Now normally Lance would’ve kept these kind of thoughts about the district shift buried deep inside him, saving them for hushed discussions with the like-minded individuals in the Emo District. But there was something about sitting here with this old timer petting Waddle-dee that got Lance talking.

But Lance would smile a bit when the old man explained that there hadn’t been any new County Mugicians forming in the district in the last few auditions, and that there had been a ramp-up in the amount of Emo Mugicians forming in their stead. But this would just make Lance laugh, especially when the man proposed that maybe Lance would find the answer he was looking for at this year’s auditions. ”Yeah, and for all we know, I’ll prove ‘em wrong and awaken to Country Mugic myself!” At this point his voice was raising just a bit, showing a bit of excitement where he’d originally had no positive intentions towards the audition ceremony. Hell, he hadn’t even planned on going to the audition ceremony this year, but now he had a goal in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 3:56 am

The old man smiled "Well only one way to find out is to go hmm?" he would say with a smile[color-purple]"though I would advise that if you go, look for people to talk to from other districts, gain more knowledge of the city that way if you can, it always helps to look at the larger picture when it comes to things of this nature after all."[/color] he nodded sagely as he fed the Waddle-dee's, handing out more sandwich pieces until all the small spirits had some, and then the little round balls started to make sure that they all had equal amounts breaking off little bits to give to each other to even things out until finally they all had exactly the same amount with enough left over of every ingredient to give them to the Waddle-doo that was watching over them so he had some too.

"See even the Spirits understand the need to look at the larger whole.. thanks to that the one left out still gets to have the same amount as everyone else" he said with a chuckle as he looked to the young man sitting with him "The time is growing short though.. you should head off to the Audition festival soon if you want to make it in time" he advised.
Back to top Go down
THE_BUTLER00

THE_BUTLER00

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am

Lance would smile and nod as the older gentleman continued on with his sagely advice, noting that the only way Lance would find out if he could awaken to Country Mugic was to go and find out for himself. And he would continue to advise Lance that if he did happen to go to the festival, that he should attempt to meet up with some members of the other districts, to broaden his horizons a little, and gain knowledge that he didn’t previously have. ”Right…I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for some other folk from the other district” But he would quickly look down and mutter to himself. ”Though I don’t quite know what they’d be able to do for me.” But nonetheless if the old man was recommending that he do so, the most he could do is oblige. And when the Waddle-dees were once again used as an example, Lance could only smile as he watched them divvy up and offer an equal share to the Waddle-doo amongst them.

Though that smile would crack when the old man brought up the fact that time was growing short, and that he needed to leave now if he wanted to make it to the festival in time. ”Aw, shoot, yer right! I plum lost track of time.’ He’d quickly rise to his feet and throw the cowboy hat onto his head in a hasty motion. ”Well, it was a pleasure talking to you old timer, maybe I’ll see you around!” He’d say as he offered the old man another tip of his hat, before making his way towards the park exit that would lead him to the festival the quickest. ”Maybe I should check up with Johnny at the ranch’s stand while I’m there…make sure he didn’t go and burn the damn thing down…”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Lance & ????)   Prelude (Lance & ????) Empty

Back to top Go down

Prelude (Lance & ????)
Page 1 of 1