Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 pm

Hm. Shun was dissapointed which was not unexpected, but it was probably better than him actually going and digging into the subject. Sharaku already figured Shun could be pretty sensitive when it came to stuff, and it would probably not go in a pleasant direction, had he chosen to answer the teen's curiosity. That, and he hadn't exactly been lying about the fact that he'd rather leave the subject rest. It wasn't something people needed to hear about for no reason, and he doubted it would come up in any way or form unless he himself let it.

He would cast the teen a faint smile. ''I know you're curious, but this would not make for an easyflowing conversation. Maybe one day, but I don't really see it as something necessary to remember.'' Even though he did. Sadly, you can't just choose to forget things. That would make life much easier to handle. He was actually feeling calm enough to be somewhat optimistic right now, so whatever. Hopefully, he could keep the mood for long enough.

''Hm?'' The shift of subjects was a little sudden. ''Ah, haven't really thought about that yet. Anything you'd prefer? I'm sure I could manage.'' Unless it was something totally ridiculous. There weren't that many choices for pancakes, were they? That said, he would try to focus on task at hand. He wasn't planning on burning anything, nor making a pancakes in million pieces.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Shunnosuke still didn't get how that answer could be leverage a troubling conversation. It apparently didn't matter either. There was something he could say, but he wouldn't pursue  the subject. Nor he had a fully understanding of the boundaries to Sharaku's privacy. Anyway, the teen said nothing in that respect, just returning the smile with hints of resignation and acquiescence. What else could he say to a finished topic, anyway? Speaking about pancakes sure sounded better than being resentful over the previous subject.— Since it's my choice...strawberry and cream pancakes would be fine. Or something simpler, as chocolate pancakes. I won't make it hard on you, see? — A playful remark for a change. Whatever the man decided to make, the teen would be fine with. As long as Sharaku was proficient with his cooking skills...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Okay then...? ''I think I'll pick the former anyway. Chocolate gets boring.'', he'd answer almost immediately, not even thinking on the matter. To be honest, Sharaku never got what was so special about chocolate. Half of the sweet food had something to do with it. How do people never have enough, he couldn't understand. ''Hm, sounds simple indeed. Makes me wonder what do you consider as hard then.'', he'd add after a moment with a light hum. He was sort of joking with that one, though he meant it nevertheless. It wasn't like either of the options was hard to accomplish by base. On the other hand, was there a way to make pancakes difficult?

''I'll get to that soon. Wouldn't want to burn anything.''
That would be the worst option of all. ''Say, can you cook anything?'', he'd ask meanwhile, just to break the silence. It was obvious Shun was lacking a subject on hand if he actually kept up a conversation about the pancakes.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Shunnosuke frowned at that question with a  scornful, snobbish chuckle. — Me? Cooking? — Obviously he never got too close of the kitchen. That's were his employees stayed, not him. And if he ever wanted something, he'd just call one of them to bring him a meal, instead of making his way to the refrigerator or the kitchen's pantry. When you have people to do things for you all the time, you surely grow too accustomed to the convenience. — I can't even boil an egg. — Somehow, he said so checking his own nails, as if it was something to be proud of. — And besides, I can't stand the heat of an oven. Or having my hair and hands smelling like some strong-odor food rather than flowers. And you? When did you learn to cook?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Eh? Not at all? Sharaku wasn't even surprised about the fact that Shun couldn't cook, since that wasn't entirely unusual for teens that still lived with their parents. After all, who needed to do that when you could just have your family take care of it? That did seem to be the general attitude. Still, the tone the younger was using suggested he found cooking a complete bother. He would chuckle faintly. ''Is that so? And what would you do in case you were on your own for some time? Eat take out? It seems to me that you don't like cooking at all, but it can be a useful skill to have. You might find yourself without someone to do it for you one day.'' Would the younger try in that case? Who knew.

''When there was no other way, I suppose. I was around 19 I think. I am not fond of bought food enough to eat that all the time, and seeing as I am on my own, food won't appear out of air. Besides, it can be a fun pasttime occassionally. I'd rather do this than watch the TV all day, if I have a choice.'', he'd answer Shun's inquiry casually, moving over to search through the fridge once again. Of course, he wasn't that dedicated to cooking or anything, but he still found it more entertaining than sitting and staring at a screen, or any similar activity.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:30 pm

What would he do? Shunnosuke never considered that option. It got him silent, as it caught him off guard. Brief moment cast aside, thinking and repeating about the question itself, he shrugged: — Hire someone to do it for me. — He answered simply, as if the fact he was alone wasn't a nuisance, something worth the bother. Having hired someone seemed a pretty good option, isn't it? He had the credit card of his parents at his disposal, what could go wrong? That wasn't a concern at all. Unlike Sharaku, he never had to face any hardship on his own, or any hardship at all. His family might not be the best, amorous family, far from that, but they had money and no privation has ever befallen on the teen. And while Shunnosuke was not the empathic type, he felt a somewhat indescribable feeling towards that direction for what Sharaku had to go through on his own. — We can always go to a restaurant if you want. — It was a suggestion, but also a timid display of...compassion, maybe? That was probably the closest definition to his feelings...or rather the unusual empathy, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:01 am

Now that was quite the simple answer. A funny one nonetheless. Sharaku would laugh under his breath at hearing that. Of course, it was a sound answer in case you have enough money to throw away like that. Paying a person is more demanding than cooking yourself. That way, you need to spend money to buy the ingredients, and then pay someone to cook with them for you. Not everyone can afford that, however. ''How straightforward. Makes me feel sorry for those that don't have enough money to afford that kind of luxury.'', he'd retort flippantly. Technically speaking, he could do that himself...but, what for? He had no need for some personal maid when it was more efficient to do it himself. At least he knew the way it was done? Have someone cook for you, and then go complain to the air when you don't like the taste or such. Nope, not his idea of fun. Guess he was just far too used to do everything without help. It's not like he ever had any.

''Hm?'', he would turn his head to look at the teen at the somewhat sudden suggestion. What? ''Is that what you'd like to do? I don't really mind either way.'', he would state lightly, scratching at his cheek absentmindedly. While yes, he had to take this skill up because of circumistance, he didn't dislike doing it. It wasn't bad, and it served as a way to keep him occupied for a while. He had no reason to actually complain. But he could accomodate both ways. Going out to eat could be good too, as long as the place was decent enough.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 pm

"Well, their problem", is what Shunnosuke thought. He wouldn't utter it aloud, though, mainly because he considered Sharaku was one of those people, judging from his point of view. Therefore, he was careful enough to not say something that might put him in bad termins with the man, but honestly? Shun couldn't care less. If someone can't afford certain costs, then don't afford it. Simple as that. He shrugged, what else he could do?

Oh no, not that. I just suggested going to a restaurant only whenever you feel bothered about having to cook for necessity. I'd like that... — Shun quickly ammended what he said~in light of Sharaku's response. He pictured it would be a bore for the guy to stay on his own for the whole day and having to prepare something all the time. Hence why the teenager volunteered to make company to Sharaku in one of these occasions. Going out to eat doesn't seem like the best possible date ever, but...it was still a date, wasn't it? At least in Shun's mind, it sounded like it. A discreet invitation in light of a bothersome situation. — I'm fine...with your cooking for today, that is.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Sharaku didn't remember saying it bothered him. He wasn't as forgetful as that. Actually, he was sure he said that he'd prefer that to certain other activities. Really. Did Shun have to use that as an excuse? It wasn't like he would have minded if the teen tried to be straightforward with this for once and just say he wanted to go out sometime. He could understand this time around, but he couldn't guarantee he'd be able to read the inside meaning all the time. If he had wanted to be a jerk, he could take what was said literally, and just say no, cause it didn't bother him. He could, just to show the younger that his words could be taken the wrong way if he kept being subtle all the time. It wouldn't even be the first time. What was so bad about just saying it clearly? The teen did that easily in any other matters. Maybe he should just point it out.

He would sigh, honestly feeling a little exasperated. ''You know. You could just simply say that you want to go out with me one day. I even said that cooking does not bother me, so stating that is moot as an excuse. If I were to take you literally, I could just go and turn you down, since I do not complain about the job. You wouldn't like that, would you?'', he'd say with a faint shake of his head. Was he going to have to deal with this all the time? He wasn't mad about it or anything, but Shun was digging his own hole this way, by giving an option to be misunderstood so often. And he did not trust himself to get the actual meaning everytime.

That said, he needed to get finished with this, before the talk got way out of proportion...
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:31 pm

... — That was just the kind of reaction he wasn't aiming for. Okay, maybe Sharaku was right in his thought process, he could see where he came from. Still, since he understood what the teenager truly meant, he could have just said "yes". Or "no". That was just a question, no need for a reprimand as if he was a kid commiting a mistake, for his intentions were friendly this time. Did Sharaku forget Shunnosuke had a degree of difficulty in stating a few things outwardly? That attitude was nothing but offensive. Politely offensive. — ...yeah, whatever. — That's all he could mutter, not really pleased by that kind of response but not willing to go further, avoiding dimension what seemed as an slight misunderstanding into another argument. Sometimes he couldn't understand Sharaku, seriously. As much as he couldn't stand Shunnosuke's selective bashfulness when it comes to certain topics, the teen also didn't like being taken wrongly even in light of innocent remarks. — So...Valentine's Day is coming soon. Do you have any plans? Going out with someone, maybe...? — No use getting worked up on this. And if Sharaku wanted straightforwardness this time, then alright, he'd have it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:48 pm

''...............................................''

Was that seriously going to be all? Frankly put, he was just trying to say that Shun should be careful with that kind of talking, if he really had to do it all the time. Whether it was meant or not, that kind of response did not feel nice at all. You don't respond with a 'whatever' and expect the other person to be all 'yay'. Next time, he seriously wasn't going to give a damn in case he managed to misunderstand something. If Shun doesn't want to even hear this, then he won't be all nice when the teen gets upset about him misinterpreting some vague statement once again. He didn't have it in him to dance around blindly like this. He just couldn't. Be as it may, despite the fact that he was willing to hang around with others, he did not trust people easily. And honestly..? Vague sentences, where he had to wonder what he should take as a meaning...often just made him want to bolt. Literally. It was easier with someone he considered as a stranger still, because he could just walk away, and not really bother with the person again. But, when it concerned someone he was, by whatever reason, closer to....no good. It implied more seriousness, and he just had problems handling that. Because...not being sure about what the opposite party meant made him uncomfortable, in a way. That helped his already unhelpful trust problems none. Shun may not like stating his wishes clearly...but he just couldn't keep taking that. It only made for a high chance that he would get defensive on reflex, and do or say something not nice without thinking. Thus, an argument almost all the time. Bad combination is bad.

This time around, the younger was lucky he was consciously keeping himself in check, due to not wanting a repeat of what happened not even that long ago. Didn't mean it was easy. He would proceed to take a deep breath, gripping the handle of the pan he currently had in his hand hard. Why did it all always have to kick him right back..? It didn't seem that a compromise would work here. It was obvious that Shun had no intention of giving up this behavior anytime soon, and he wasn't rude, nor deperate enough to attempt literally forcing the teen. That would just make Shun hate him, most likely. ''You sure know how to give a detailed response.'', he would resign to simply stiffly stating this, trying to focus on what he was doing, to help himself stay calm. That's what he needed right now. Just take it easy....or try to.

The next inquiry did not help at all. Sharaku really felt like growing another head by this point. It was painfully obvious that the younger was most likely hoping he'd take him out or something along those lines. But the only thing that it accomplished was making him more frustrated. It was obvious, yet Shun had to be dodgy about the subject, and he was already having a hard time balancing his mood. Yeah, he was so going to take his chair out for dinner on Valentine's day, because why not? He seriously wanted to say something like that right now. Or claim he was going to go with Hyde. But that would just open another bag of free upset moments, no question about that. ''No. I haven't been planning anything yet.'', he would eventually state in a dry tone, keeping the subject neutral, for the sake of his sanity which he was already questioning by now.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 6:58 pm

"Detailed response"? Is that what Sharaku wanted? Shun could give that. The thing is, he didn't want to. Because, giving a detailed response in this situation meant dissing Sharaku for being obnoxious in his reply when he could just say a mere "yes" or "no", and should he decided to extend the discussion beyond the necessary, it would be the end of that meeting right there. If Sharaku was able to grasp what the younger meant this time correctly, then why bother with a moral lesson? Shun wasn't a kid anymore. And Sharaku wasn't his father, far from that.

But it's when he said he has not planned anything, disregarding that awful tone in his voice, that Shun felt like it was his chance. A small smile would appear on his lips, as if the boy was restraining himself from displaying any cheery reaction in light of the ground they currently stand on. Still, this was the right time for it. Sharaku asked for straightforwardness, no? So be it. — ...would you accept an invitation to go out with me, then? — He looked at Sharaku with great expectations this time, almost...shyly as any other teenager would be in the same situation. The man wouldn't know but overcoming his limitations and actually voicing the request was a great step for the teenager, to the point it's almost as if his heart could explode in his chest. He just wished the answer would be a simple "yes" this time.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Hm. Sharaku would turn his gaze onto Shun contemplatively. The fact that he didn't really have to fish for the meaning this time around was good, but the question this once was what to answer. He would just stare back at the younger for an undefined amount of time, thinking about God knows what. As a matter of fact, he really wasn't planning anything, because he found that day a little...weird? It just made him feel strange being out on that holiday and seeing couples cuddling everywhere and stuff. Sometimes, it was better to stay at home and avoid those kinds of sights. Not that it bothered him by base, but it felt out of place to him. And on second thought, why was there a need for that specific holiday in the first place? If two people liked each other, they could go out whenever they wished, without the need of a special day to justify it. Ah well.

''...I suppose so.'', he would answer eventually, doing his best to not sound too tentative. It wouldn't kill him to try, even though it felt silly to him. Maybe he could understand the whole big deal that way..? Nevertheless, he didn't really think it made things much different just because it was Valentines. It just made doing this obligatory, and if there was something he was not too fond of, it was moving the way he was told to.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:54 am

...oh? A positive response? Sharaku didn't sound too convinced, however...but it was definitely a “yes”. Or at least it was supposed to be one. A simple answer rather than a thesis about the teen's troubling behavior, just as he wished for. Yet, the fact Sharaku had given it quite some time to think of a proper answer left Shunnosuke wondering if that was truly what the man wanted. Well, Sharaku said before he wasn't the one to make excuses to mask his wills, but...“I suppose so” just sounded weird.

Do you honestly like the idea? — He had his suspicions but it's always preferable to listen right from the font. He wouldn't object staying at Sharaku's place in that holiday or any other option fitting the older's tastes, anyway, if he preferred so. Anything was better than staying home. It's just a “I suppose so” after quite some time of staring could be misleading, and the least they needed was more misunderstandings. Enough already. — I can guess you're maybe not a fan of the holiday, so if you have some other suggestions to pass the day, I'm willing to listen. — That's Shun making accordances, something he was not too eager to.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 1:18 pm

When Shun took the reigns to question him further, Sharaku would sigh faintly, setting the stuff he had in his hands down. He wasn't surprised, since he knew he had probably sounded a bit unsure, but he wasn't sure how to explain now that he had to. He would scratch at the back of his head thoughtfully. Well. ''I'm fine with the idea of going out as it is.'', he would state, giving the teen a faint smile. The action itself didn't bother him. He just found it silly that everyone felt like they had to do that when Valentines came by. As if any other day was less special. It just made him feel like a good half of the people or more did it because..that's what you're supposed to do on this day, no?

He would shake his head lightheartedly. ''I just find this holiday silly, that's all. When you want to take someone out, you don't need a specific day for it. Makes me feel like it's an obligation to go out with someone, just because it's Valentines. As if it mattered more than any other day in the year.'' To him it was there just to be there. And it was doubly annoying when everyone around would ask you who you're going to go with and such. And if you say no, everyone asks you why. As if not doing it was a crime. That's how it felt to him at times. ''Either way, I do not mind going. I just find the idea of that holiday pointless at base.'' There wasn't much more to it.

''That aside, how many do you want..?'' He was back to talking about the food, of course. He hadn't really been paying that much attention to amount, so he probably had enough for whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]   A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Visit to Set Things Straight [Sharaku]
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next