Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Two Years Later... [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:40 am

''Alright, alright, I get it.'', he would mumble sheepishly. There was no way he'd be getting a different response, was there? Mind you, he didn't dislike it. It was...just a little odd, okay? He wasn't very used to this, and it was definitely an odd dynamic. Both of them would insist on not minding and wanting to be helpful to a great length. So, which one of them would get to have the last word in a situation like this....? Technically, she did this time. He didn't have the will to keep trying to come up with a smart response to throw back about how she needn't bother with him. And it was starting to get old too. ''Well, if you say so...I just don't want you to have a bad work day because of me. I didn't intend for this to happen...'' But it did. A lot of things about tonight weren't originally intended afterall. Their whole meeting was a coincidence.

Such silence. Didn't feel too bad though. Still, he felt compelled to speak up just for the sake of it. He wasn't a very big talker in general afterall, so he ought to make up for it at least sometimes, when he felt in the mood to engage without feeling like it's a necessity. He would look over at her. ''Hmm, so...we met here by coincidence. What about others from before? Do you keep contact with anyone...?'' Can't fail with that one. Besides, he was sort of curious about it.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:54 am

He sure was a little unwilling to let her go out of her way to make sure he was doing okay. And indeed, he appeared to be the same as Mae in that regard. Putting others in front of themselves. She wasn't paticularly new to this... Her relationship with Ayane had pretty much been the same, and they got along just fine. Then again, their friendship was now much more refined than Mae's relationship with Sharaku, so naturally, it was a little difficult to give in to the other. "Heh..." He really was looking out for her, which was quite flattering in it's own way, and it made the woman feel all warm and fuzzy inside. "In the end, it was my choice, no? I'll deal with the consequences of my own actions." Mae said with a light chuckle.

"To a degree, yes." Mae answered thoughtfully. "Blaez and Jack mostly. The others... I see occasionally, but those two I've met more often. Especially Jack." Oh, yes indeed. The very mention of Jack made the girl chuckle a little bit. He was indeed quite the... character. Loved by the kids at the orphanage, and whatnot. "Aside from those... Not much." She shrugged lightly. "What about you...?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:32 am

''I...suppose so.'' He couldn't really fight against that one. In all honesty, he wasn't even completely sure why did he find it so hard to let go anyway. He didn't always go to such lenght. It did kind of depend on the person and the given situation. Maybe it was that he has changed thit much? He used to be more standoffish in the past, because it was often easier than to go out of his way to do this. Easier, but not better. For he only caused himself trouble by putting that kind of play up, and it left him feeling bad. Still, it came down to how the person was responding to him in the first place.

He would look up at the dark sky. ''I see. Is Jack still the same superhero goof he used to be...?'' Probably yes, but he could still ask. For a moment, he was tempted to ask about 'the others'. But then he realized he didn't even know well who exactly had Mae associated with back then. So, most likely, the answer wouldn't even be very enlightening for him. The only other he knew for sure was Charles, and well, he would think that she had enough reason to not spend time with him. Unless they made up or something. He wouldn't know. He would shake his head. ''No one. I took time to deal with my own things. And no one went out of their way to contact me first. I wouldn't have told them to buzz off, but they didn't in the first place. I'm not the one to force people to interact with me.'' Not like that. If he already met them somehow, he would probably talk to them. Literally seeking them was a different matter.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:54 am

"He is for the most part... I guess he's toned down the super-hero act a little bit in favor of becoming a police officer, but he's still just as silly." Mae replied with a light chuckle. Jack really was an... interesting fellow. A nice guy, yes, but man, he could be silly at times. If it wasn't for the whole ranger thing, he'd make a good comedian, if nothing else. And him being a police officer... Mae wasn't sure if that was good or bad. He had at least done a good job thus far.

"Fair enough..." She did feel a little bit guilty over not seeing him for the last two years that had passed, but with everything new that was going on with her life, it was understandable, yet Mae never saw that as an excuse... "Look... Sharaku. I'm sorry I didn't contact you for two whole years... Sure, I've been busy with work and all that, but still..." Her expression and tone now carried a sense of guilt. "That's no excuse... I'll make it up to you somehow."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Jack as a police officer? That was rather hard to fully imagine due to a multitude of reasons. Sure, the guy had the bullheadedness to keep going with things, which could be useful for that kinda job and the tricky people one might need to deal with....but otherwise? He was also a bit too silly to take many things as seriously as should be. And police work is nothing like being a self designated ranger boy with his team afterall. It is a different kind of responsibility in the end. ''I do hope that he takes at least his job seriously. I don't think a silly policeman on the job is something we really need.'' Most likely not, because that could be a walking catastrophe.

He would raise his hands a little. He didn't mean it like that. Sure, it was a bit of a downer that no one considered doing so, despite how many people even had his phone number. But he himself hadn't done anything either, so he couldn't blame them fully. It was...okay. He didn't die of loneliness just yet. ''It's fine. Don't worry. It's not that significant of a deal...people have their own lives, and well, you and I parted on a strange notice anyway...You don't have to feel bad for that.'' Let's not go back into the land of apologies, because it would turn into another loop again.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:26 pm

"From what I've heard, he's doing a decent job." Mae said with a light shrug. "I understand your concerns though. He can be a bit odd at times. I'm sure he keeps that odd personality to himself though when on duty." She certainly hoped so. It would be bad if he didn't take his job seriously enough when it matters.

"Alright." Mae said with a sigh of relief. "Well, that's about to change now. We should see eachother more often." A wide smile made it's way across the woman's face as they reached Penecia Station. Just like the rest of the island, it was almost completely devoid of people. In fact, Sharaku and Mae were the only ones there at this point, due to it being so late. Mae took a look at the timestables. "Hrm, let's see here." The woman let her finger slide down the list, looking for when the next tram would arrive. "02:12 AM..." That was roughly fifteen minutes from now. She would then pace her way over to a seat nearby, shuddering a bit. It was rather cold here, since it was just a small tram stop. She would of course make room for Sharaku on the bench as well, should he wish to sit down with her.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:36 pm

He would smile somewhat sheepishly. ''It's not that I'm concerned as much. I know Jack has the ability to stick through an ordeal, which is a good trait for a high demand job such as working for the police. I just legitimately find it hard to imagine Jack, and police in the same category with a straight face, thanks to the things he has pulled in the past.'' It was really just the initial feeling associated with this kind of revelation. But he knew Jack was a good man too, and was certainly concerned for the wellbeing of people of the islands. As much as the two of them often came from different perspectives, as shown by that one talk about Angela's goals they had once long ago, he would be able to trust Jack to do the right thing in the end. More than some other people, really. So it wasn't an issue. Just something to make some fun of, because one cannot deny the hilarity of the situation. Who would have expected Jack to become a cop, hm?

''Alright. Fine with me.'' There was no reason to say no. He didn't have a problem with her company, and as long as he wasn't pestered for outings way too much, he would roll along. All he asked for was some time alone when he needed it. Because sometimes he just did, and it wasn't about him not wanting to be friendly. He simply needed...how to call it, recharge energy once in a while? Otherwise he could end up being cranky in conversations, and no one wanted that. It was easy to keep on the cool side when he wasn't high on stress and whatnot. He would walk after her in thought, waiting as she read the time. Hmm. Oh well. Time to wait. He already came to terms with the fact that he wasn't sleeping much tonight. If he got to bed at 4 AM, he would be lucky. When she went to the bench, he would move to stand by her, not sitting just yet. Instead, he would watch her curiously. ''Are you cold...?''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

"As long as he does the right thing for the right reasons, he should be fine as a cop." The woman nodded. He had taken on a serious job, and thus he had to take the responsibilites that came with it as well. He was now a man of the people, after all... In the end, that's what he wanted to be, no? "Well, if you know him as well as I do, his career choice might not be as suprising as one might first think." It did suit him quite well, in all honesty. Plus, the kids adored him for his job, so at least he was a good role-model. She'd rather have them look up to Jack than some stuck-up jerk of a police officer.

"Great!" This made her happy, knowing that there wouldn't be another 2 year gap. Of course, she wouldn't overload him, as she very well knew that one could only handle so much. She'd keep it regular, if nothing else. Not daily, for sure... perhaps weekly? Sounded good to her. Besides, with work and such, Mae probably wouldn't have the time or energy to see him on a daily basis to begin with. She shuddered abit more, huffing a bit over her hands to try and keep them warm. "A little, yeah..." It wasn't much of an understatement, but she was clearly colder than a little, but not to the point where it would be visible, the occasional shudder aside.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:15 pm

''Yes. I know he can.'' Can and will be are different, however. In the end it was up to Jack as to how seriously he took the job. Then again, why even take up such job when you intend to be silly, right? So it ought to be fine. ''I can say I'd know he would be inclined towards a job of that caliber. It's still a step up to own up to that instead of just playing a hero like he used to, though.'' Jack had plenty of bouts of childishness afterall, and it meant letting go of that when you wanted to be responsible in this manner.

Heh...well, she was happy at least. That was good enough for him. It was strange to think that things would go like this after no contact for two years. Then again, aside the bout of tension back then, the two of them never had a big problem with getting along properly. Well, as properly as can be. There are always moments you wish went differently. He would watch her contemplatively, taking in her response. Well. ''Here...'', he would mutter, offering her the coat he was wearing right now. Or was, technically speaking. Hmm, it was indeed a little chilly now that he was only in a shirt. Could have been worse though. He could handle this for a while. A little cold was nothing compared to other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:47 pm

"Hehe, indeed it is." Mae replied. It was a big step-up from what he used to do, but Mae was confident that her friend would succeed. As long as he didn't abuse his role as a police officer, then San Malarus had nothing to worry about. And considering how responsibly he had used the power of Persona two years ago, him suddenly abusing his newfound seat of power was basically not even worth discussing.

Despite how they had split up last time, things were going very smoothly, much to both parts suprise and joy. It was nice knowing that things wasn't as awkward between them as it could've been, for Mae knew exactly what kind of risk she was taking when she approached Sharaku at the bar earlier. And she was happy that she had taken that risk. Mae took the coat with a cold hand, and a grateful smile on her face as she put it on. She actually had to stand up to put it on properly, given the remarkable difference in size, but it kept her warm. She would then hide her hands inside the Coat's sleeves. "Thank you..." She said shyly. Even though it was a relatively small gesture, it meant a lot to the young woman... "You're such a gentleman~!" her voice being chipper, and slightly more energetic now that she had gotten somewhat warmer. "Why are you standing up? Come on, have a seat." Mae gestured towards the unoccupied space next to her on the bench... Did he perhaps find it awkward to sit with her now...?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 6:50 pm

That was that. Guess they were done discussing Jack now. Besides, there was no need to pick apart someone else when they're not around for too long. Although seeing as it was Jack..the guy would probably like the idea of being popular enough to be talked about. There are those kinds of people....

Hmmm? He actually kind of expected her to protest at first. Afterall, by giving her his coat, he was going to be the one freezing up...eventually. For a certain while, he would be fine, but it would start getting to him soon enough. He didn't have weatherproof skin, and a shirt wouldn't cut it for very long during a cool, autumn night. There was a reason she had been cold to begin with. And that is the fact that it was chilly out here. ''Hm, I sure am....'' He was sure the weather would gladly remind him of his gentlemanly levels. Soon. ''You're very much welcome, either way.'', he would smile lightly. Good. He would blink a few times. ''I don't know. It just happened.'' And it would also have been harder to get off his coat had he sat down to begin with. Just fyi. Regardless, he would take up the offer this time around, looking around the empty station as far as he could see. ''And now we wait....''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Mae would normally have complained a little bit with him doing what he did, but this time around, she took it with a smile. Perhaps she just didn't really want to deny him that, since he did it out of the kindness of his heart. Felt a bit weird not to accept it, especially considering how cold she was. Of course, she planned on returning it once she was warm enough, or when the tram arrived. Whichever happened first. The next minute was spent in silence, while Mae thought of something to talk about. It would just be odd if they didn't talk at all on her way home after all.

"So... What have you been doing today?" Mae asked, somewhat curiously. Might as well start somewhere, and that one was as good as anything else she could think about. Mot too awkward, and it sort of made sense...? Maybe? The woman's eyes scanned the environment around them, until they finally stopped at Sharaku. Sometimes he was really tough to figure out... but at least now, Mae thought she at least had a decent grasp on who he truly was. That is... if he was being himself. Sometimes it was hard to tell, but compared to the man she had met two years ago at San Malarus Station, she felt much more confident in the notion that this was indeed what the real Sharaku was like.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Well, another bout of silence ensued, but it would seem he was comfortable with that, leaning against the back of the bench they were at, closing his eyes after noting that there wasn't anything interesting around to look at. It was harder to see in the dark anyway, no matter how good his eyesight was. It was probably okay. Company didn't need to mean that it had to be filled with constant chatter, for as long as the quietness wasn't of the unpleasant awkward kind. In which case something was wrong in a sense. You don't need to always be doing something big.

''Hrmph....'', he would mumble lightly, not answering her question right away. Frankly, he wasn't all that versed in basic small talk, and it was something he usually avoided. It just felt a bit pointless to him to scrutinize someone's recent actions when it barely mattered. Yeah, they're basically courtesy questions, but still. It would change nothing to answer those in most cases. Many times, it wasn't even interesting. In his case, that was even more true. He tended to not do a lot of exciting stuff when he was on his own, sans exceptions. ''Besides what happened since you approached me at the club? Nothing much at all. I suppose I was even bored. Which may be the reason why I ended up where I had, despite my general dislike of chaotically loud environments.'' He was fine with sound, but clubs were just egh. Too many sounds in one. Loud music, dozens of loud people dancing and talking. The sound of drinks being poured...and all that. Together. Just a nightmare after a while, really.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 pm

"Ah, I see..." Mae replied with a nod. Well, she was lucky that he did decide to visit the Wave's Peak today. Things had been much different had he not been there. Mae probably would've be sleeping by now in her bed, blissfully unaware that Sharaku was still on the island.

Minutes passed in comfortable silence, until eventually the tram arrived. There wasn't anyone else on board aside from Mae, Sharaku and a couple in the back of the tram, obviously drunk, and too immersed in their make-out session to even notice that the tram had stopped. Once the doors closed behind Mae and Sharaku, she would take off the coat, and return it to Sharaku with a smile. "Here you go." Afterwards, she would sit down next to the window in the front end of the tram, as far away from the drunk couple in the back. "Ugh... the nerve of some people..." Mae said in an irritated tone as she glanced back towards the two other passengers. "I know there's not a lot of people around, but still, geez..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Yeah, right...Well, it happened as it had. Better than expected, at the very least. Had she not come up to him, he would probably have just wandered off elsewhere after a while. He wouldn't last in such an environment too long without something to keep him there and interested.

He would raise an eyebrow momentarily at the other passengers as he took his coat back with a nod, but seemingly not bother over it a lot. Perhaps kind of indecent, regardless of the fact that it was the middle of the night, but what can you do? As long as the people aren't bothering you specifically, it's passable. You can just...well, not look? Walking over, he would sit behind her, casting the other two another sparse glance as she spoke up. ''It's unfortunate, but at least they aren't hitting up on anyone else...'' That would be an issue, wouldn't it? Drunk people can be capable of a lot sometimes. One of the reasons he did not fancy drinking too much. It was just no good to overdo it. Then you do stupid things. ''Does it bother you?'', he would ask, meanwhile taking to searching through the pockets of his coat, looking for something. Eventually, he would pull up a pack of something, offering to her. ''Want..?'' The somethings looked a lot like cigarettes but he would opt to explain before she asked, as funny as it would be to see her reaction if she thought he was actually offering her a smoke. ''Before you ask, it's just chewing gum.'' An odd choice of chewing gum indeed. The ride wouldn't take extra long, but distraction was always good, considering the kind of people around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Years Later... [Sharaku]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next