Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Two Years Later... [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:57 pm

''What do you mean by that...?'', he would raise an eyebrow at her. Changing things wasn't so simple. He knew as much. And even then, it would require both sides to be willing to work on something, while most people around him were their own kind of stubborn as well. He would sigh slightly at her next statement, his expression a bit dejected. ''You don't really get it either, do you?'' It didn't seem that way from what she was saying. What he had said didn't mean he had a problem with her or anything. Just because he didn't like to really throw around the word friend didn't mean he didn't care either. What was it with people being so hung up on the whole 'friend' label anyway? Is that all what matters? He didn't have to stamp friend stickers on people to prove that he wasn't disinterested or something, although it sometimes felt like that's what everyone wants. He was just often iffy on the implications of the word, and the fact that a lot of people one would call friends can just be fake anyway, so why bother to begin with? But he'd digress. ''Yes. A lot of people aren't really genuine with their intentions. There's not much to do about that.'' You can't avoid something you don't see. And even if he did, he was likely to stay around anyway. Which was kind of his own fault.

''Right....''
, he would mutter, his gaze shifting to the crowd in other parts of the club absentmindedly for a while. It wasn't necessarily the truth, but he didn't really have the will to try explaining himself. He tended to suck at that, because generally people never understood what he was trying to say the way he really meant it when it concerned himself, at least. He was marginally better at assessing others correctly, but that wouldn't serve to help him personally. ''I'm not particularly keen on drawing attention, but that doesn't mean I dislike people.'' On top of that, he stood out decently, so that alone kind of guaranteed he wasn't going to go literally invisible. And while crowds were not his cup of tea, he wouldn't run away either. When it happened, he would handle it. ''Does being busy make you happy?'' He probably wouldn't like that much. ''Nothing that really matters.'', he would sort of shrug off her inquiries with a huff, not sure what to think of the giggly sounds she was making.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:49 am

"Well... You know what, nevermind." Mae answered with a sheepish smile. She wasn't gonna go in a deep discussion about this now. That, and it was hard to find the proper words for the situation at hand. Once a better opportunity arose, she would raise the subject again. But for now, she just discarded it. "It might just be better for another time." She would raise an eyebrow at Sharaku. "I'm afraid I don't get it... Mind explaining it to me?" She asked him. Even if they weren't close friends or anything, she wanted to at least learn a bit more about his thoughts on the matter. "Sadly, that's true. Not everyone's willing to understand how the other side might feel..."

"I'm sure everything will turn out fine for you." Mae replied with a light smile. Sure, she could hear him muttering about something. Surely nothing to worry about. "Of course. I know that. Hehe." If he truly hated people, he wouldn't be hanging around here at all, with how crowded it was here. She'd take another sip of her drink, gazing mindlessly at her own reflection the liquid's surface. "It's better than having nothing to do at all... but it does sometimes stress me out, yeah. Being busy in healthy doses can be nice." She replied. He really wasn't willing to share, eh? Well, that was his choice in the end. "Alright, I'll take your word for it."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

''.....?''

He was just asking..? He wasn't really getting this. She wanted to know something, so he asked something first to be sure what she was refering to exactly, and now he was getting blown off instead. That didn't particularly succeed in making him feel any better. She wasn't helping herself much. It was already hard to get him to speak up much in general, and shutting him off only made it more likely that he would keep quiet unless he had some motivation to keep going. Why did she ask to begin with, then? She must have known what her question implied before he said anything in return. At any rate, he would just say nothing to that. He would sigh. ''It's just..the way you put it makes it sound as if me not liking to use the word 'friend' equals not caring about people.'' Contrasting it with how she cares only made the statement that much sharper. Sometimes he really cursed the fact that even a single sentence could possibly kill his mood depending on how it was toned. Although he usually just pretended not to care, because people would most likely not understand what his problem was.

''Hm....'' It seemed that he had little to say to her next few words. He wasn't a big conversationalist when there was no interesting topic brought up, and he found a follow up to things like 'I'm sure it'll be fine' and 'Of course I know' rather pointless when there was no general direction established. That would just be a moot drag out. Unless she wanted to hear something completely unrelated, but he wouldn't really go for it, simply because he suspected doing that would only cause more confusion. He would look at her thoughtfully. ''You're here because of the show, yes? What do you do when not busy then?'' There was no saying what was really on his mind now, but he was asking nevertheless.

''You would.'', he'd state simply, not elaborating on that further. No, he wasn't keen on telling people about things like that, but his answer also depended on his current mood. Most people weren't able to pick up on what was the better choice of words, however.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:21 pm

"Oh, no. That's not what I meant at all!" Mae said with a frown. "I know you care about other people." The girl's voice sounded somewhat apologetic. "If that's how I came across to you... then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention at all." Indeed. She had never intended for him to interpret what she said in that way. Perhaps it was just the drink speaking, but the girl certainly seemed a bit more moody about that miss step than normal.

"That's right!" Mae started, responding to his question, a bit more chipper than before. "Well, I come here every weekend to perform nowadays. It's fun, and helps be pay the rent for my apartment." Every weekend, she had a blast here. Maybe it was just the atmosphere, plus her favorite pass-time and the fact that she got to hang out with friends that made these weekends so precious to her. "My freetime? Well... I'm still looking around for my biological mom, for one... Done some DNA tests, and such, and I Think I may have gotten a lead..." Which was certainly a long time coming, really. Perhaps she would meet her real parents soon enough. Now it was just a matter of time. Perhaps Jack could help out as well. "Aside from that? I dunno. A little bit of everything. Hanging out with friends, jogging around the city and other such things. Of course, I still have to take care of my new home and all that. And of course, I have those days where I just stay home." Well, that certainly was a mouthful. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm

''Then what...?'', he would attempt to ask, but just give up midway. He was only confusing himself further. Technically, he understood to a certain extent. This is something that didn't really change about her in those 2 years. She had a tendency to continuously affirm that she cared, even though she had said it many times up till now, which should suggest he already knew well enough. On the other hand, it sometimes made the matter appear too focused on how she cares so much about everyone and whatnot, rather than anything else. Yeah, she cared, but that was no news anymore. And while it was nice to hear at first, at a certain point it could easily start to feel pushy. Like she was doing her best to force her caring on people, making sure they knew at all costs.

''Fun? Why? I don't feel like noisy crowds and half-drunk people are the most joyful way to spend time.''
For the moment, he seemed to be simply curious. What was so great about this place that she would want to be here every weekend? He was surprised he could stand it few times a year. He would need a very good distraction to not be at least somewhat bothered by most of the surroundings, and god forbid being approached by people that were literally stinking of alcohol. He would lean against the counter, closing his eyes. ''Anything that seems remotely interesting? I don't tend to narrow down my focus too much.''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 pm

Mae would just drop that subject at that point. There was really no reason to keep beating a dead horse like that. Seemed like a good time to stop it, before there was a major misunderstanding between the two.

"Well, it's mostly because I get to practice my hobby here with my friends. I usually stay here with them for an hour or so after we're done for the night, just to take advantage of the situation and whatnot." Mae said with a light shrug. "Sure, people here can be a bit... annoying yes, but we usually don't pay 'em any mind. It's better off that way. As for why they didn't stay this time around... well, they all had some other things to take care of. I would've left too, had I not seen you." Perhaps it was just a stroke of luck that she did? Well, whatever it was, she was thankful for it.

The girl finished her drink, listening to what Sharaku said. "So... Would something like... Bungy-jumping be interesting to you?" The girl asked. Bungy-Jumping had been of course the first thing that had come to the girl's mind. No paticular reason why, but it seemed like something even Sharaku would get an andrenaline kick out of. She would then pay the bartender for her drink. "Well... I guess I could use a bit of a break from this atmosphere. Getting some fresh air, and whatnot. Wanna join me?" The girl slowly stood up from her seat, a bit unstable on her legs, but not enough to cause worry just yet. She didn't wish to drink too much. One drink was enough for the night. She DID have work tomorrow. It would really suck to deal with a Hangover when working with noisy kids.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 2:55 pm

''Hm...'' Well, what to say to that? He wasn't even sure what was there to take advantage of, in all honesty. Maybe once in a blue moon, but if it was him, he'd probably make sure to get out as soon as he was done. There's only so much of this atmosphere that he could handle before it started irritating him in one way or another. Crowds have never been his forte, and crowds of people he did not even know were even worse. It was acceptable for a while, and after that it just became too much of a bother. Afterall, the majority of people that liked coming here were probably people that liked 'party' life to an extent, so he did not even fit in to begin with. ''I suppose if you have a reason to stay around. But I can sit on my own anywhere else as well, so it's not like a noisy club has any benefits for me aside from potentially being annoying.'', he would shrug slightly. ''And it seems I fail at not attracting attention as well, seeing as you noticed me that easily.'' He was really trying to not stick out, but it was rather hard at times.

He would give her a puzzled glance. That was a rather out of the box question. ''I...maybe? Doubt I would make that a hobby though. It's one of those things that are interesting once.'' Interesting didn't even have to equal 'extreme'. And this was kind of leaning towards such. He would perhaps consider it, but he had a feeling he wouldn't have a great deal of motivation to actually go for it. ''Will do. The noise here is really hurting my ears by now. I didn't plan on staying long in the first place.'', he would say as he stood up as well. If she cared, she would probably be able to notice that he was even taller than he used to be two years ago, as it was more noticeable when he was standing, of course. Or maybe it was also the reason he was sometimes easy to see regardless of his position.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 1:39 pm

"Hehe. Then why did you go here if you dislike the noise so much?" Mae asked with an amused chuckle. "Well, I guess it wasn't really easy. I wasn't sure if it was you or not... so I decided to take a closer look." And her guess had indeed been right. Perhaps her eyes were sharper than she gave them credit for? He was... an odd one. Not really like anyone else the girl had met, or would probably ever meet. So many of the people she had met on Azores were all such colorful and diverse individuals, that the average person seemed very... bland. Even Mae thought herself to be somewhat bland compared to people like Jack, Charles and Sharaku, who had interesting quirks that made them so much more memorable.

"Heh, I'm not sure I would dare to do that by myself..." The girl said sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck. "I guess if I was drunk enough, or had someone with me, I could probably do it... But that's it. I'm... awfully afraid of falling." Not that Heights was the problem. It was more the sensation of falling a long distance that really scared her. Then again, the hardest part about doing these... adrenaline filled activities was, you know, muster up the courage to take that first, inital step. "Anything else you find interesting then?" She would ask curiously. Maybe he was a bit... difficult to entertain doing the same thing for an extended period of time. Mae was under the impression that Sharaku was very... nomadic in terms of hobbies, if you could call it Nomadic. He seemed to not really stick to one paticular thing like Mae and her friends did. When Sharaku stood up, Mae suddenly felt like a tiny dwarf in comparison. He looked to be somewhat short of two meters tall, while Mae stood at a miniscule 5'4". Had she not known him at all before this, she would've taken a run for the hills. But she knew Sharaku. He wasn't a violent person... and although he was a bit intimidating, the man was a kind soul. Don't judge a book by it's cover, as they say. "Ehm... Well then, shall we go?" And with that, she took the lead, wading through the masses towards the exit. She would have a bit of trouble getting through though. After a while spent pushing through the crowd, she made it to the door, and walked out into the cool, autumn night.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 2:21 pm

''I don't really know. I just somehow ended up here. To be honest, I even regretted it for a moment.'' Really, he would be hardpressed to just go and mingle with the crowd, so him coming here alone meant he would simply sit around on his own, unless someone went out of their way to approach him. In normal circumstances, he was not likely to approach people, except for cases when the given person was on their own, and he felt intrigued for some reason. Or already knew someone prior, and found it a good idea to butt in. Otherwise, he would either just watch people from the sidelines, or be on his merry way. With the exception of needing to get hold of someone important. More important than the fact that he was not keen on that kind of behavior. He would just make a small hm noise at the following statement. He was quite bad at it when he couldn't even find anything to say back in most cases. He just didn't. Anything that came to mind was either too awkward, or not even worth putting out there. Worse for him, this seemed to happen more with people he already knew. For some odd reason, he often found it a good deal easier to keep a conversation flowing with a stranger, rather than a person he was already familiar with in some way. He just...didn't know what to say. Period.

''....''
Maybe his brain was taking a temporary vacation from forming meaningful responses. Although he suspected there was a different reason for this. Well, more like he kind of knew what it was. Albeit, he didn't really want to think about that specifically. And Lord, was this stupid. Guess he really couldn't win either way, could he? ''Mmf...'' Nope, not going to work. Why was he trying again? He was quite aware he would most likely just keep failing bad, so why did he? That was anyone's guess at this point. Oops. He would actually say something that resembled words in response to her question about further interests though. Despite it not being extremely enlightening. ''Erm...some things. I don't think extreme activities are a go to though...'' Usually, even if he did like to play around in certain cases. Regardless, he seemed to be struggling for some reason. For the love of...

In a way, he was sort of pleased by the fact that they were going to head outside. He did not want to keep going at this with so many people around if he could help it. He would make to follow her somewhat absentmindedly, taking his time. Afterall, he had longer legs and naturally walked faster, thanks to quite the difference in their heights, so he had to actually make an effort to keep her pace. ''...anywhere specific in mind...?'', he would ask once they got outside.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:22 am

"Oh, really now?" Was Sharaku really that prone to just wandering around aimlessly? Perhaps that was indeed the case, or maybe he just didn't want to reveal his reason to come here in the first place. She doubted that he had come here just to see her. That would've been... odd. He probably would've shown up way earlier if he really wanted to see her that badly. Figuring him out was a hefty task all on it's own. Especially considering how little he actually gave her to go on.

"Is there anything you're paticularly afraid of, Sharaku?" Well, now that they were on the subject, might as well ask. He didn't seem like the kind of guy to have any specific phobias of any kind, but was there something this man even feared at this point? From what Mae knew, any ordinary fears would pale in comparison to what Sharaku had gone through as a child. Being experimented on, forced to run away from home and fend for himself... being constantly on the move. Yeah... the only thing Mae really thought would truly scare the guy was the prospect of him going through all of that again. "Ah... I see..." Mae said contemplatively. "I guess stuff that makes you sit still doesn't exactly last very long either, huh?" Stuff like reading, watching a movie, or anything else like that. Swimming maybe? That was something she sort of liked herself... Swimming around in a pool or the ocean gave this sense of... freedom. Like she could do whatever she wanted. Sure, not quite as entertaining or fulfilling to her than something like Singing, but still, she found it fun during the summer time. "Any Sports? Basketball? Hockey? Soccer?" She would look at him with a raised eyebrow. It was difficult to understand him at times. At least when it came to stuff like this.

"Not really... I guess we could go someplace with less people around...?" Well, now that she was indeed invested in this, might as well extend it a bit. "Hrm... How about... the beach?" A nice place to sit down and just relax for a bit. Surely nothing really wrong about it. Besides, considering the time of the year, there were probably very, very few people around there, if any at all.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:48 am

Yes, really. He had no specific reason for being here. He just stopped by because he was nearby, but it's not like he would even be able to understandably explain what compelled him to do so. You could say it was simply a whim. He felt like it for a moment, and so he did it. Albeit, it wasn't a very long-lasting first 'impression'. Then again, he was aware that the club was noisy, and not even something he liked too much, so the blame was on himself for going through with this.

...? His expression would turn puzzled for a brief second, until he realized that she was drawing from her own talk about falling being scary. He had been thinking too much to make an immediate connection, apparently. Of course, that didn't mean he wasn't listening to her. He simply had a lot on his mind at once, that was all. He remembered what she said without any real issue. The questions though. Why did they have to be so hard? He didn't find it an easy task to answer things about himself, and subjects like these were a bit touchy on top of that. ''Everyone is afraid of something, no?'' Classy dodge of the actual answer. What Mae wouldn't know though, was that her assumptions were completely wrong. Truth was, ordinary things could sometimes be more scary than anything else. Not saying that he would like to admit it, but the idea of some stuff was at times more unsettling than what he had gone through in the past. And it was certainly faulty to think he wasn't afraid of almost anything. Having gone through hell does not need to make you the toughest guy around, albeit he did deal better with certain things, yes. That's only one side of the coin, however. You excel at one thing, but there will be something you fail at. It's only human.

Hm. Yes? No? Well, not really. It was true that activities that were focused on remaining still had a smaller chance of scoring most of the time, as he was certainly prone to getting restless, but they weren't a complete no go. As a matter of fact, he was quite okay with reading books for example. They just needed to be entertaining enough to keep his attention, and it's not like it was a rule that he needed to sit the entire time. ''Not a rule. If I like it enough, I can sit.'' He was certainly capable of it, it just required him having an interest, and generally being in a comfy mood, you could say. And...sports? Sharaku just wanted to make a face at that. Very badly. No offense towards sports, but in most cases, he couldn't care less. Mainly when concerning those typical guy sports like soccer and whatnot. No thank you, even though he liked being active in general terms. But he had to answer, didn't he? He would shift about a bit, seemingly finding this conversation awkward. ''Mmnf, not really. I'm okay with things like running. I'm good at gymnastics-like stuff, I suppose. I find no real appeal in soccer, hockey and the like, however.'' Leave that to someone else. Frankly, he wasn't even really a sports person in general. He just liked being out and about, which led to him actually doing some of the stuff out of principle. But you likely wouldn't see him choosing some macho sport or whatever.

''I suppose that works.''
Even though he didn't know what she aimed to do at the beach right now. Nor did he really care, however. He hadn't been doing more productive stuff in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm

"Well, yes. Obviously." Mae said with a light chuckle. Ever the tightlipped guy eh? Well... "I was asking for a reason, you know? I wanna know a bit more about you." Sure, she knew a little bit about him by now, but mostly things from his past... Not much about his personal tastes and all that stuff. What made him think the way he did about things? The two had grown somewhat distant over the last two years, and Mae wanted to remedy that now that she had the chance.

"Hrm... Alright then. Fair Enough." She said with a light nod. "I guess for me... it depends on my mood, but generally I can sit and read a whole lot when I'm by myself." The pinkette gave an amused chuckle. "I remember back in highschool, there was this book my english teacher gave me to read. I think it was called 'Lord of the Flies'. I was so engrossed in the story it provided that I could spend hours inside my room, reading it with little to no breaks." Those moments were quite rare nowadays. She didn't really have the time now to really sit down and immerse herself in a good book. "Oh? Gymnastics, eh?" Mae looked at him, quite interested in this. "I guess Acrobatics has been something I've been amazed by for a long time... It's quite difficult, from what I've seen. If I ever get the opportunity to try it out, I'd love to do so." With a small and agile body like her own, she might do decently at that. Provided of course she got a lot of practice in... which she might not even get the time for. Oh well. Perhaps one day.

"The beach it is then." She said with a cheerful smile as the two walked to the beach. The smell of saltwater filled her nostrils as the gentle, yet chilly, sea breeze toyed with her hair and scarf. The moon hung high up in the sky, with not a single cloud in sight. Quite a beautiful scene, indeed. The white globe's reflection danced on the waves of the sea as they trailed towards the shore. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" The woman asked Sharaku, looking out towards the sea.

Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 2a757564d631781536aa0ffaec32e31c
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Oh, he knew perfectly well. She needn't really say her intentions. Perhaps he just didn't want to answer. To be truthful, this was not an inquiry she could expect him to answer right away. Maybe with time, but he would need to actually think on it first. Fear could be a complex issue, and he was just generally not too keen on elaborating on rather personal topics without sorting things in his head first, if it was something he was even willing to answer. He did not want to say something he'd regret just because he was being pressed to respond right away. ''I know.'', he would shake his head slightly. ''Maybe just ask me later.'' He really wasn't sure how to even go about dealing with it right now.

Hm. Well, he had never been that much of a bookworm. They were alright, but it would be unusual to see him spend a lot of time reading at once. Unless they were extra engaging, he would eventually end up not properly focusing on what he was reading, which made it sort of pointless. What's reading good for when you realize that after finishing a page, you have no idea what you just read, because it simply didn't register? He would just nod slightly, so it didn't seem like he wasn't listening. He was, just that he was quite content with not really inserting himself into the storytelling actively. ''If you're in good shape, it's manageable. The biggest difficulty is the fact that it can be dangerous the moment you happen to overestimate your level of ability and try something you should not. Everything can be done with enough practice.'' Acrobatics could be intimidating, but it was all about keeping your head on your shoulders and not trying to progress too fast. Because once you hurt yourself, it only gets harder to keep going properly.

''Mm...'' As per usual, the level of talkativeness was on the downlow, and he seemed to currently be busy watching the scenery, quite absentminded. If her aim was to get him to talk more than listen, then she would have to perhaps employ a different strategy. Afterall, something was bound to work, albeit she would have to be careful to not step over the line. Either way, as it was as if her current efforts weren't enough, unless she was happy with being the one to speak majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 pm

"Hehe, alright then." Mae replied with a light smile. Later it was then. Perhaps he just needed some time to sort things out. She would give him that space.

"Yeah, no kidding. Being levelheaded and not taking stupid risks is necessary with any sort of dangerous job. You and I both know that very well." She was of course referring to the events two years ago. Fighting Shadows was a far cry from anything you could call safe. "It's really hard to believe that two years have passed since then..." The year that truly changed her life in so many different ways. Had she not come to Azores, then what would she be doing now...?

Mae would remain silent, looking out over the ocean for a while... Several minutes passed in silence between the two. Taking in the scent of the ocean, Mae took a deep breath, relaxing a bit more. The nervousness she had felt when approaching him like that after two years was a bit stressful, in a way. Now, she felt a bit more comfortable, with less people around for one. Just the two of them... "Sharaku..." Mae said quietly. "What do you think about kids...?" A sort of random question, really. She thought of the kids back at the orphanage and wondered; would Sharaku even like the kids at the orphanage? They could get quite loud and noisy at times. Not that she paticularly cared if he did or not. She just asked him out of curiousity, seeing as she suddenly had a bunch of kids there to take care of.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:01 pm

''What if one likes the danger?'', he'd ask in a fairly careless tone. Was he asking for a specific reason, or did he just want to see her reaction to that? He probably wouldn't tell. Still, that's the response she'd get from him. He had kind of been hoping she wouldn't take the conversation down this road, to be honest, but he'd deal with it. Albeit, there were plenty other things he would rather talk about than this. He kind of did not want to spend his time reminiscing about the past. Sure, he would remember, and note it for the future if it was ever needed again, but he was not keen on looking back too much. Sometimes, it's better to just let go. Due to that way of thinking, he was somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that it was very likely that everyone he used to know would go ahead and ask about things that happened and whatnot if he happened to meet them. He'd rather stay in the present, and perhaps future. He was quite done polemizing over past matters with people unless it was a necessity for some reason. He couldn't stop himself from thinking about it sometimes, but he could very well at least avoid conversations of the kind. ''I find that it passed quite fast. Now, can we change the subject? I don't want to dissect what is already past even now, as long as it isn't necessary.'' Surprisingly enough, this time he actually expressed his opinion quite firmly, which was kind of unusual for him. He certainly didn't want to dig that up, eh?

Sharaku watched the waves silently, lost in thought until Mae spoke up again, bringing up a rather...odd question. Is that what people talk about when watching the ocean? He would look at her in slight puzzlement for a moment. But he would answer nevertheless. ''They're...okay? It depends on each kid. I don't fancy the extremely obnoxious ones much, but if they can behave decently enough, I'm fine with them. Why are you asking that anyhow....?'' He rarely gave a thought about kids, in all honesty. He could handle them, but he probably wouldn't seek their company on purpose. It all came down to the kids in question. Some could be nice, while some were simply beyond irritating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Years Later... [Sharaku]   Two Years Later... [Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Years Later... [Sharaku]
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next