Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) Empty
PostSubject: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Okay. Naomi loved the water. Blame the fact that she had been living on an island for the whole of her life. She was just born into it. Of course, no one would guess that since she was an average swimmer. She knew more about the emergency situations than she did the advanced techniques. Still, she loved swimming. Unfortunately, it was winter. Not that she disliked it, but it made the beaches cold. She was not going swimming just so she could freeze her butt off. She needed it to sit, after all. Thankfully, she lived in San Malarus where there were such things as indoor pools.

The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) D9587e10

She was in her two piece and ready to take a swim. She was not going to cannonball into the pool as she would like, however. Instead, she used the ladder to climb into the shallow end. The one nice thing about indoor pools over the water at the beach: they were heated. She loved when the water didn’t freeze her skin. As soon as she was submerged, she flipped onto her back and started floating. Half her body was above the water while the other half was under. She seemed to have enough room that she could just float, and no one would suspect her of her true intentions. Before she left today, someone was going be be attacked. In the fun way, that is. He laughed to herself thinking about it.

Last edited by Naomi Epona on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 7:31 pm

This was not something Sharaku did often. Yet, he did kind of like water. It was just that he was not very fond of beaches. Outside was nice, but sea could be irritating. Don't get him wrong, but salt water was not very pleasant. Salty things were not his forte, and water fell into that category. It was an annoyance to always make sure to not get it where it shouldn't be. That said, he tended to avoid sea water most of the time. Which was pretty much everywhere with a beach...unless there was one near with normal water. But if there was, he didn't know about it, and didn't really care enough to actually look for it. He could swim, and it was a nice pasttime once in a blue moon, but he wasn't into it that badly.

On the other hand, in winter, it was actually plausible to do something like this, without it being weird, seeing as who would choose inside, when you have a beach a short while away..? Well, he probably would, but that wasn't the point. Aside from that, the fact that it was at least warm inside was a plus. Cold was fine and all, but he had never been a fan of snow and such. Not when it got in the way.

The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) Tumblr_n9jxkzPD4z1rwakbio1_500

As interesting as this place was, however, he wasn't about to get into swimming yet. For now, he would stay sitting on the edge of the pool, with only his legs in the water, watching god knows what. He was apparently somewhat distracted.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Aah, the pool~ It'd been a while since Rita ever really had any chance to swim. Her job at the circus kept her busy so going to the swimming club was a no-no right now. Well, in any case, it was a break right now, she could have some fun, for once (not that the circus wasn't fun, but still) so the pool was the best place to go to! It was a weird feeling, to say the least, to be back in such a building. The indoor feeling of it really did leave a mark but it was exactly what Rita liked. Those Olympic-style pools where you could race to the end in your lane, she just loved those, they were amazing. The set-up Rita chose today was a simple one, just a two-piece red swimsuit with no real decorations on it. It made her look younger than she actually was, but it wasn't like she was here to show off... in fact, the only people she could show off to were lolicons anyway so it really didn't matter.

The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) TsjZ9HG

"Alright, let's rock~!" Suffice to say, Rita was quite cheerful right now. Even with everything going on, her spirits had been lifted quite a bit and she was ready to train even more. As part of her previous regimen, Rita did usually go swimming at the public pool back in Japan, so the sport wasn't an unfamiliarity with her. In fact, due to her strength, she'd probably have a better time swimming than most people, if that made any sense.

In any case, the first thing she did when arriving to the pool was set down her things and ready herself with some warm-up exercises. It brought back nostalgic memories of before, in Rita's case, it made her remember how amazing it felt to actually succeed in something you previously couldn't do, something that was holding you back yet you somehow surpassed. "I missed this..." Would be her only words while exercising before getting into the water.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:03 am

Naomi’s eyes flashed to the side when she thought she saw a familiar face. Well, it was more like her brain went into danger awareness mode when she thought she saw a certain someone without his usual fancy attire. She was speechless. She rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn’t crazy (which was a bad idea given they had just been in chlorine filled water), but she needed to be sure. Sure enough, it really was Sharaku. She completely forgot about her plan to attack someone when she saw him dangle his feet in the water and instead decided to wade up to him. Her face was half submerged as she went up to him, as if she hid he wouldn’t notice. When she figured she was close enough, she would wave, “I don’t know why, but I didn’t think you swam.” She would examine that statement for a moment before fixing it, “Not that you’re swimming at the moment, but semantics aren’t my thing.” She would quickly dart under the water and stay there as she tried to think of something to say that didn’t make her sound like a fool. That was hard considering that ‘fool’ was her default setting. She seemed pretty content to stay there until she suddenly came up. She took a deep breath before sighing, “Man, I wish I was part fish. It’s hard to stay under water that long.” The last time she had done it was an emergency situation. She would look to the side with an embarrassed blush, “Can we pretend I’m not an idiot for five minutes?” She still had her moments where she was bad at speaking to people, even those she knew. This was one of those situations. Thank goodness it was Sharaku, who didn’t seem to hold that stuff against you. She looked around the pool one more time. There seemed to be people that were warming-up for something. She didn’t get competitive swimming. She would rather enjoy being in the water than working against it. But their thing was their thing.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Sharaku was definitely not paying enough attention to notice at first, no matter whether Naomi was half hiding or not. He only looked over in her direction when she waved at him and spoke up.
The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) Filetypes

He would end up staring at her silently for a moment, a bit confused as to why was she even here. And before he could even say something, she submerged underwater, leaving him to watch the water surface for a while. Weird as it was, he didn't have much choice but to go with the flow. Apparently. A short while later, she came up, commenting something on fish. He was still severely confused as to what the point of this was, and he would give her a slightly puzzled look when she inquired about being an idiot. ''I didn't even realize you were.'', he would state calmly. The fact that he wasn't getting this did not mean she was being an idiot. He was just taking his time catching up. He had not expected to see someone like Naomi here. ''Either way, as for what you said before. I can swim, I just don't do it often. The islands are full of beaches, but I'm not really a fan of salt water.'', he'd explain casually, before following her gaze as she looked around the place.

...He ended up stopping when he saw a mass of silvery white. Really now..? He didn't come here to run into people he knew, yet it seemed that was on the menu for some unknown reason. Luck apparently liked trolling him. Still, the other female was busy enough not to take notice, though, he doubted it would stay so for long. He was sort of noticeable with his skin color. Doubly so when he wasn't wearing too many clothes over it. Might as well. He would glance at Rita for a while, probably just about enough for Naomi to notice he wasn't paying attention to her. ''Hey, Rita. あなたはここで何をしているの?'', he would call out to her, using Japanese to grab her attention more easily. He'd rather do this than wait till she noticed him. Less confusion on his side. Naomi managed enough, when she approached him out of nowhere.

''That aside, I didn't see you as a swimmer either.'', he would turn back to the blonde girl for now.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:08 pm

As expected, the Japanese words did snap her out of her concentration and warm-up and instead made her eyes quickly shoot their sights at the origin of the words. Now... huh? To see Sharaku here was unusual, Rita had no idea he even liked this sort of stuff. Still, like normal, she walked up to him casually, stretching a bit still from the tiresome exercises. As she was about to respond -in Japanese, mind you-, Rita noticed the sight of another girl by him, inside the pool and, presumably, talking to him also, as he seemed to respond to her.

"I'm just here for some practice, haven't swum in a while so I figured that I'd do it today, when I'm free." Finishing her stretching, Rita turned to the girl next to him now before glancing back at him. "Is this a friend of yours? I don't think we ever met, did we?" That last part would be aimed at the girl, of course, almost like a semi-introduction. In all honesty, if Sharaku hadn't called her over, just her seeing the girl would be enough to keep her away; after all, Rita wasn't apt for social situations, she'd be way too shy to actually approach her. There were some rare occasions when she actually approached new people, but after recent events, Rita figured it was best to be cautious...

Still, that wouldn't stop her from putting on a normal smile. This girl was Sharaku's friend, after all, so she shouldn't be a bad person. That's what Rita believed, at least, so she was fine being around her right now. Nevertheless, Rita still wanted to dive in and get some training done, it had been way too long and her arms needed more practice aside from her swordsmanship lessons... well, self-imposed swordsmanship lessons, but still, they could count. In any case, Rita just stood still normally, waiting for responses to what she said; there wasn't anything much else she could do, now, was there?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 3:07 am

She would tilt her head, but nod anyway, “I guess salt water is just something you either like or you don’t. Although, it’s supposed to be good for your skin and hair. Still, can’t vouch for its taste when you accidentally swallow some.” She knew that firsthand from all her years of swimming as a kid. Still, it was true that the water was good for people, “And of course I’m a swimmer. Well, casual at least. I could never do this professionally; too much work.” She flipped onto her back again and began floating, “I am a dead man most of the time.” That got a laugh out of her. She enjoyed this, “Chlorine isn’t that good for you though, so remember to wash off after this.” Naomi’s face would turn into one of confusion when Sharaku changed languages, “What in the world did you just say?” She only spoke English and every other language may as well have been from another planet, “Things I’m still learning about Sharaku: he’s worldly.”[/color] She couldn’t even identify what language he had switched to. It sounded Asian. So, she could guess Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese…. or something else. Still, his words seemed to catch the attention of a girl across the way. So she spoke that language too? She was quiet until the girl turned to her directly to speak. She would wave slightly, “I’m Naomi Epona. Nice to meet you.” She would introduce herself.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Exactly. Though, technically speaking, you didn't even need to swallow it. Getting a taste was enough. Sure, it depended on just how salty the water in question was, but Sharaku was not a fan of it nevertheless. He wouldn't decline if someone invited him to the sea, but if it was left to his own decicion, he would reconsider greatly. Chlorine was obviously not the best solution either, but at least the taste didn't make him feel sick. And there wasn't really a third option. Not here at least. A river or a lake usually weren't salty...but, eh. ''Trust me, I know that. That's mostly the reason. Salt water tends to make me sick if I taste it.'', he would elaborate, before giving her an amused glance as she spoke about swimming. ''Hm, it is work yes, but it could be a good way to keep in shape, if you like swimming in itself.'', he'd state casually. Then again, he didn't really do it often either, so he had no real say in it.

He would just nod at Naomi's comment about washing off, before busying himself with looking around and talking to Rita. He would turn back rather swiftly afterwards though when Naomi questioned his words. ''I just asked what was she doing here. Simple as that.'', he'd translate his own words, just in time for Rita to come over and give her answer. ''I see. Lots of people seem to like swimming, apparently. That aside, it's nice to meet you here.'', he would say, skipping over Naomi's next comment for a bit, in favor of letting the two introduce. He would nod when Rita asked about Naomi being his friend, letting the two talk it out afterwards. Though, he would come back to what Naomi had said soon after. ''Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by worldly, but I'll put it this way. I probably haven't mentioned before, but I'm not from here. English isn't even my native language. Learning it wasn't very fun.'', he'd say, shrugging a bit. Actually, now that he thought about it, a good half of his teammates didn't know of that. Then again, he didn't really consider it neccesary to point out until the subject came up in some way or form.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Well, that was actually quite lovely to see. Sharaku did seem to be having a nice conversation with this girl before Rita came along, then she turned quiet... well, Rita wouldn't blame her, she'd do the same if they were in opposite positions, so it was only natural, in Rita's mind.

"Likewise. My name's Rita Arisato, it's a pleasure to meet you, Naomi." There'd be no need for Rita to hide her first name, after all, since Naomi was a friend of Sharaku's. Since she trusted Sharaku, whoever was his friend should be somewhat trustworthy too, right? At least, that's what went on in Rita's train of thought.

"It's nice to meet you here too, Sharaku; though, I have to say, I definitely didn't expect it." A slight chuckle afterwards and Rita would take it upon herself to get away a bit from Naomi and dive into the water, her posture would be one of an actual trained swimmer thanks to her regimen. Of course, she wouldn't be as good as, let's say, a professional swimmer, but what could you do? She'd at least be better than a casual swimmer or someone who hadn't trained... that said, Rita was quite rusty at it, not having trained for a while, so her form while swimming would be a bit off. In any case, she'd just swim up to the group again, letting herself float next to Naomi since that was really the best place for her to be in the pool if she wanted to be in the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:46 am

She would nod in agreement with Sharaku, “Great exercise, but I just enjoy the feeling of being in water. Though, I suppose being able to swim competitively would help since we’re surrounded on all sides by water. You could swim to one of the bigger countries for a weekend.” It was clear by her tone that she was mostly joking, “Personally, I’ll take a boat or a plane. Those put less stress on my poor body.” Also, she didn’t trust what was waiting for her out in the deep blue sea. She was actually taken aback when Sharaku said English wasn’t his native language, “Really? You’re so good at it that I just assumed you grew up speaking it. You really are more world than I ever thought.” She realized she should explain herself, “All I meant was that you know about more than one little section of the world. I figured that most people only know about where they live. You know more though, so you’re worldly.” It was as simple as that.

She had to think about that name when the girl introduced herself, “Rita Arisato? Rita... Rita is a friend of Sharaku then?” She was speaking to herself, trying to put everything together. She would laugh a little when Rita said she didn’t imagine Sharaku being here, “Seems like that’s the common consensuses today.” Did that mean Sharaku let off a certain aura? She wouldn’t put it past the guy. She would watch as the girl jumped into the water. So there was one of the people that actually tried to do this as a real sport. She could tell based simply on the way she entered the water, “You’re actually a really good swimmer. That’s so cool.” She was only average, so she was impressed with anyone that could manage to look as if this was easy.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Naomi was trying to be funny, eh? As nice as it sounded, another country was a bit too far away to reach just by swimming. Ocean is rather big in that regard. ''I think I'll stick to where I am for now.'' Too much traveling was just too much. He wasn't planning on going anywhere in the near future, even if jokingly. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to. ''Well, I did take some time to learn it.'' Sharaku wasn't really sure what's got Naomi so surprised. If nothing else, English was a fairly common language. Many foreigners knew it on a decent level, most likely. Besides, it would not be favorable to go somewhere and not be able to speak the language. Safe to say, he had no interest in trying to communicate with hands and legs. Which is the main reason he knew English and Japanese on a pretty much fluent level. It makes things much easier. ''Well, theoretically speaking, it still applies to an extent. I can't say I'd know much about a place where I didn't live. The difference here is that I didn't stay in one spot my entire life.'', he would attempt to counter her, though just casually. It was true that most people only know about where they live, but that said, he did not live only in one place up till now. It would be different had he learned the languages just because, and never been to the respective country. In that case, she would be more correct in her definition. ''That said, languages aren't that hard to learn when you give it a serious try. Maybe you should try out one day. I speak three and it isn't like I wasted way too much time on them. It makes life easier when you decide to go abroad for whatever reason.'' Though, Naomi seemed rather comfortable with sticking to English from what he gathered so far.

He would frown a little when the two females agreed on the fact that it was weird for him to be here. ''Why is that so..?'', he'd ask, a bit curious as he glanced between the two. Just because he didn't seem like he would do something, it didn't automatically mean he really wouldn't. Or did it..? Hm, sometimes it was hard to understand people's thoughts. Rita decided to do a jump soon thereafter, showing of her skills. Well, at least someone here was more then a seasonal swimmer. Not that he minded. She did remind him of the fact that he was the only one sitting outside by now, however. It was kind of comfortable there, but might as well. Seeing as he was right on the edge anyway, he would just push himself off with his arms, ending up somewhere nearby Naomi.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 pm

What was this about languages again? Rita seemed to have intruded upon a silly conversation spanning some stuff about swimming to... other countries...? Alright, this was funny, for sure. It reminded her a bit of how she was, in all actuality, so she was having fun.

"I heard that a trio of borders in South America is actually comprised entirely of water and it's not really deep. In that situation, you can literally swim from country A to country B, then from B to C and, from C, back to A in about an hour or so. I don't really remember the details of which three country they were... but I know that's possible somewhere on Earth." That was just a bit of trivia she learned on the internet, but it was all she had on this business. Regardless, the whole language deal didn't interest her too much, since she only spoke two or three languages fluently. In fact, Rita wasn't even sure of how languages she spoke exactly, it was at least two, English and Japanese, but not really any other came to mind.

"I think you give off a bit of a "Can't get myself messy" aura normally, that's why it's odd to hear that you swim... does that make sense?" It was an interesting thought, really, but she had no idea why Sharaku gave off that impression, honestly... when Naomi complemented her on her swimming, Rita'd look genuinely happy, though, breaking out from her trance of thinking on the previous issue. "Ah, that was nothing. I haven't practiced in a long while so I'm really rusty at this... trust me, anyone would be able to beat me in a race how I am now..." She'd chuckle slightly, amused at her own comment, but it wasn't far from truth. Even despite being quite an adept swimmer, Rita was already out of practice. A casual swimmer that was used to the sport could probably beat her no problem right now...
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 4:13 am

Naomi’s cheeks would turn red from the embarrassment she felt when Sharaku said learning languages was easy if you worked at it, “I tried once to learn a second language. I wasn’t very good at it.” In fact, she couldn’t remember anything about it other than how to say hello. That, and how to count to three. She would nod in agreement as Rita spoke, but would raise an observation, “To do that though, you’d need to laminate your passport. I don’t think I could even open it if I did that. Or maybe swimming back across the water to escape the cops would be easier… Which do you think has a lighter jail sentence?” She had to think about that. Mostly, it felt as if they were having some abstract conversation for how to break into a country. She could already tell that she and Rita were going to get themselves arrested.

“Wouldn’t getting in the water actually make him cleaner?” She pointed out the contradiction in Rita’s statement about Sharaku seeming like that kind of person, “Personally, I just thought you didn’t do anything sporty. I just took you for more of the intellectual type than the sporty type. But… I guess that means I was only thinking in binaries. Although, I really should have known better.” She knew Sharaku could hold his own in a fight, so she shouldn’t have assumed he didn’t have an sports in his life. She must have been really out of it to be thinking so simply. Her attention would turn back to Rita quickly, “Don’t sell yourself short. I’m sure that all your training and hard work still makes you better than someone that just swims for fun.” She didn’t believe that would be so easily lost.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:44 am

''Hm? Well, maybe you picked a complicated one. Some languages are harder than others.'' Sharaku would comment casually. He'd say Naomi seemed smart enough to be able to learn. Perhaps she would just need to go for one she found interesting enough. It was harder to learn when you weren't really into the language or you chose a complicated one to start with. God knows he wanted to burn down Japanese back then. Sadly, he didn't have much of a choice. He refused to go somewhere and not be able to say a word. The only reason he did not toss that one out of the window at the first opportunity.

..and then the conversation went weird. Somehow he managed to keep up with Rita's statistics, but when Naomi made it into jail sentences, he kind of lost the thought process in that one. Didn't they start with swimming somewhere far? How did that even have anything to do with cops and jail..? He would scratch at his cheek, putting on a poker face. Well. ''I think I'll stay out of this one.'' At least until he managed to figure out the point in this talk.

At the answers from the two, he would just look bewteen them again, a bit baffled. ''..Is that because of what I usually wear?'', he'd inquire towards Rita. He could understand it from that standpoint at least. Then again, it depended on what all fell under messy. He sure wouldn't go roll in mud, that's for sure. ''I wouldn't really call myself that smart. Though, you are right to a degree. I don't really do sports very often. Depends on what kind, I guess.'', he would retort to Naomi, rolling his eyes a little at the whole intellectual type thing. In all honesty, he wasn't much of a thinker. That just sounded odd. ''I just hope the two of you won't start arguing on this now.'', he'd comment offhandedly, hearing them discuss the difference bewteen a casual and trained swimmer. Then again, it would be interesting to watch them compete or something. On the other hand, he doubted Naomi would be interested.

Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:04 am

Okay... best not to get into the whole language business, God knows how she despised some obligatory classes about languages like French and such, though mostly because of God-awful teachers, but that was beside the point.

"Oh, really? I dunno, maybe you could make a specific government-approved waterproof passport. I wouldn't put it past this era, everything that's ridiculous and silly's being made, so why not this?" It definitely was an interesting idea, though, and the choice Naomi proposed did make her chuckle a bit. Honestly, while the concept was quite funny, Rita doubted that the actual practice was indeed fun at all.

"Depends on what cops you're trying to escape and what country it is. If you end up in that three-country intersection, though, you'll end up going in a circle trying to avoid the cops, haha." Again, it was a funny thought, but actually putting it into practice? No way she was going to test it.

"I didn't really mean messy as in dirty, I meant it as disorganized, Sharaku looks like someone that'd definitely like everything tidy, prim and proper. Though... yeah, I guess it is because of your style, though appearances can be deceiving so I'll just leave my theory at that." It was best not to push her luck when it came to this. She knew how Sharaku was and assuming things about him just by looks was never a good thing, it seemed.

"I dunno how good I am, but I won't argue about it. I dunno who is really able to beat me either, that was just a wild guess." After that, she'd shrug and dive below the water, swimming under it like in mermaid style to see just how long it'd take to reach the end of the track and come back. During the time when she was gone, she obviously wouldn't be able to hear anything, but she'd come back in a flash right afterwards, emerging from the water a bit farther away from them than before. She'd take about a minute or so for the whole swim, but, assuming this was a regular pool, it wouldn't be too impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)   The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beaches are Closed (Rita/Sharaku)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next