Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A little update - Page 6 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A little update - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A little update - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A little update - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A little update - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A little update - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A little update - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A little update - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A little update - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A little update

Go down 
+13
Jerry
Godai
Penny
Avaritia
Yatagarasu
Grantus
Roy F. Jones
Nyarlathotep
Genji Kano
Eris
MadTeaParty
Philemon
Xombie
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

A little update - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:50 am

Alrighty then, since everything important for the Aeon Arcana is settled, we are now going to give the it a good nerfing that has long been overdue.

The changes will come first. Firstly, any regenerative/healing passive skill like Regenerate and Divine Grace or tactical skills like Healing Wave and Pathway of Light will only be buffed by 5%. For all Boosts and Amp skills, (Fire Amp, Wind Boost, etc.), they will get a 10% boost. The Slash/Strike/Pierce Master skills, Auto-Buffs, Ailment passives, and PvS Evade skills can remain the same. Counter skills and Apt. Pupil can remain the same, but like the Critical chance, the max Counter chance will be 60%.

So as you can see, much of it will be remaining the same, but certain things about the Aeon's boost made it pretty ridiculous, hence the nerf. The other skills like Slash Master only buff dexterity, while auto-buffs only last for a few turns, so keeping the 15% on those are fine, though if it looks like it's too much, those skills will be nerfed as well. But for now they are alright the way they are.

Now, for those who have the Jester Arcana. Since the chance to land on Aeon is so small, if you hit it, you can keep the 25% boost to all passives including healing and boosts.

The Arcana on the boosts page will be updated to reflect this change. But apart from that, the Aeon has nothing more to fear. Carry on, and for the mournful Aeons, enjoy some spinning Anzu.

A little update - Page 6 Tumblr_njb8geRDRH1qj0f5go1_500
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:00 pm

There are two things that will be mentioned in this update. The first thing that needs to be addressed is the nature of dungeon crawling, since I know several have been asking me about the numbers and the percentages and overall, many are confused. So as long as I run this current plot, I will make it clear right here how I will simplify the dungeon rules:

Every 400 words is 10% in traveling as per usual, with a speed boost via Sukukaja or a strength being 14%. You still travel six spaces at 400 words and anything less will cause you to go 3 spaces. It is doubled if you have a strength in travel or a speed boost skill active. If you have a weakness in speed or things like that, you will travel 6% at 400 words, since it is an even balance from strength to weakness in travel. If you post anything less than 400 words at normal speed, it's still 5% travel, and if you have a speed weakness, it's 3%. So far so good right? I haven't changed anything except added some things. But another thing regarding group travel is that when traveling, your speed is the average of everyone's percentage. So for example, if you have a group of two, and one is going 10% but the other is going 6% because they  have a speed weakness, then for the first post of travel, you all have gone the average of both percentages, which is 8% in the example. Seems okay? This is basically just an addition to the travel rules to make it clear how travelling will work for the remainder of the plot.

Another thing I am editing is the Ore acquiring system. Now in Shuffle Time if you get the Ore bonus, then you will get one Ore for each Shadow that you had just fought. This means that everyone will get more ore; however to balance it the cost to upgrade things will be increased to five ore. This also means that the randomizer will be altered a bit to make the ores reasonable to get depending on how rare they are. Shadow Hordes will drop more Ore, and bosses will have a higher chance of dropping rarer ore types.

Both of these updates are effective immediately, including any current dungeon threads. If you have any questions, be sure to ask.

A little update - Page 6 Tumblr_njb06iF3IF1tydz8to1_500
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 am

Happy Easter everyone. To celebrate this occasion, I wanted to give out something, and I feel that alot of the item ideas are already used, so to let them be forgotten so they will seem new again the next time this is done, I will be giving out a bunch of dough, in the form of cold cash. Dollah bills:

15,000 Vc

You may add this total of money to a single character. You have until the end of the month to claim it.

Also, as of now, the ability to start at rank 6 and not 4 can be done once you awaken. This means people if they want can start a little further on and not have to worry about catching up to players who have had more time on here. Refer to this thread for specific details:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t1019-suggestion-for-the-current-problem

Please notify me BEFORE awakening if you intend to start at rank 6.

A little update - Page 6 Tumblr_mxii8xKgnl1sl3509o1_500
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Small update but you can choose Ailments as a strength or weakness. The only catch is that if you choose it you are choosing both Physical and Mental ailments to be strong or weak to. You cannot pick one specifically. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:13 am

Happy Summer everyone. It's good to see you all finally getting your time free after exams and school stuff. To show my appreciation, you can all pick any card item you want from the Velvet Commodities. It can be given to one and only one character. You have until the end of the month to claim your reward. Never panic, and know that while it is getting intense, it is not over yet. Will you all be able to succeed? Well then, have fun.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 3:33 am

A new Attendant has built a shop that revolves around taking Human Skills and rebinding them to other Personas if you want to switch them. For the courtesy of our Attendant Rin, please check out the store and see if you are interested!

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t2723-rin-s-skill-swapping-corner-service#25817

A little update - Page 6 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down
Avaritia

Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 am

After the long, long wait, I, Raki, am proud to announce that the Interdimensional Coliseum is finally open to everyone! If anyone is interested in using it, the subforum is right here:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/f96-interdimensional-coliseum

I'm very happy that this is finally up, but I do want to give just a disclaimer to those that haven't read the general information topic yet or haven't been active in chat for me to say it already: this arena isn't a plot of its own or a side event or anything like it. It's meant to be a simple arena, completely OoC, and while it may have events going on in the future, it isn't made for that purpose right now. The full details can be read in this topic, it anyone requires more information about it. Enjoy the arena, everyone, I put a lot of work into it and hope that it satisfies everyone~

-Raki
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:27 pm

The Exp system has been updated. Please take a look at the Battle Guide and Rules for this update.
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:39 pm

Because there's been a little confusion for the system when choosing to change or not, I have decided to make another change to the way it will work just for this plot so that both people who have worked can be rewarded, and new players will not be too far behind when starting out, so don't hate me lol. If you choose to transfer to the new system of EXP, you do have the option to transfer any earned EXP you have and use it towards level ups. However, for each level up you gain from the transferred EXP, you will gain three points across the board and three to throw wherever. Then for every subsequent level beyond that, you will gain the 10 points and 10 to distribute. If you switch however, you get new skills by completing the requirements for your respective skillset and will not be able to rank up your skills through EXP.

The reason why I am doing this is because since we are testing this now, it is going to make progression between characters jump all over the place. This way veterans will get something out of changing and it won't be too insane for new players. Once this site shifts over to the next event and plot, the old system will be scrapped in favor of the new one, and the 10 points will be set in stone. This is just since the plot is closing in on the end, that everything is for the most part, balanced for everyone.

The 15 HP/SP boost for each Persona rank up will still apply if you choose to switch. Please decide as soon as you can if you are switching and if so, make the appropriate update in your Compendium before taking any recently earned EXP for future levels. If you have any questions ask me. This is still subject to change if it proves to not be good enough, but this is the best idea so far, so have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:42 am

Because the new system of EXP is causing a lot of discrepancies and it is frankly a nightmare to try and make fair, it is being done away with for the remainder of this plot. Everyone will be sticking to the old system of EXP for this. No exceptions. If you have any questions be sure to ask and be sure to make the appropriate updates to your stats in your Compendiums.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 am

So we're coming to a wind down, and I'm sure everyone knows this but we'll be having a short mini plot between the Azores plot and the next that follows. If you're interested in running this plot, in the General area, please create a topic with your username name and then [Plot Idea] that follows. In this topic you're going to want to put your ideas, which will include a story synopsis that doesn't spoil anything, plus how long you think it'll last.

We'll have a vote on the different stories (depending on how many are interested) to decide which of the plots we're going to go with. Once this is done, the winner will gain modship and DM powers so we can start setting up their locations in the side plot area. If you have any questions, PM me.

I'm hoping by Sunday, anyone with a side plot idea has posted it. Also, just for me to make it completely clear, the side plot does not HAVE to be Persona based only. As long as it follows under SMT, it's fine. So if you wanted to go more Demon side of things like SMT, or even devil survivor/ Digital Devil Saga/ even Raidou, go for it. The floor is yours.
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:42 pm

For clarifications sake, if you have a Nihil Soul and make a weapon, it does not have to be a physical element. As long as it starts as a single element, it can be any of the magical elements if crafted by a Nihil Soul.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 9:50 pm

Since the plot is winding down, something is going to happen to tide the time between the end and the next sideplot. I think it's time to finally get that Tournament of Shadows rolling. It's a PvP fighting tournament where players can duke it out with maxed out Shadow Selves. Sounds pretty fun right? I will lead the tournament, and when we get enough players we can everyone that wants to enter we can start. See the link below for rules:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t1151-tournament-of-shadows-event

Winners of the tournament will get prizes that can be used in the sideplot so long as Ri-tan (Header of said sideplot) doesn't mind. Have fun, and good luck.

A little update - Page 6 Ea5dd1b14a6721d65edb84024f50387f97d0d88b_hq
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:05 am

Hello, everyone, it's your favorite (I hope) toaster, Aigis! So, as pretty much everyone already knows, the Side Plot, "Where You're Needed", has started already and it seems those in it have been getting fairly confused about some mechanics that are put in it. That's fair, it's reasonable, I won't blame anyone for it, but I'll go over what has seemed to be a confusing issue in chat so far.

First and foremost, like in the upcoming Endymion main plot, PCs do gain stats from their innate first three ranks, but since it would be a tad overpowered to just let everyone take full stats for them, people are going to instead be able to add half of the regular amount of stats they would normally get from ranks into their own right at the beginning, for each of the three ranks. For Persona Users, this means adding 9 points across the board and having 9 to distribute, while anyone else gets 18 across the board and 18 to distribute. The regular 15 extra points in HP and SP, though, are not halved, so all classes, AFTER adding the previous points to everything, including HP and SP, get to add another 45 on top of them.

This is meant to balance stats in some aspect, because the level system is also being introduced into the side plot, with a twist: each enemy, depending on their level, will give more Experience than another, to level up your characters accordingly. This makes it so the plot has a RPG-esque feel to it, with somewhat linear level progression, but in such a way that it still gets tougher and tougher to level up as you progress in the plot.

Hope that has cleared up any issues that players may have with the plot, and rest assured, those who join farther on in the plot will start at a relatively higher level to make them able to join the action faster. This level will be judged accordingly by the level required to beat dungeons around the area, and the average level at which the current active players are, but it'll generally be the same as that latter, maybe one or two levels lower, although it can be higher in some circumstances.

Well, that is all, so enjoy some cute chibi Aigis in your day:

A little update - Page 6 Tumblr_n10f9gIZt61rdrzuxo3_250
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

A little update
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next