Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Hell if this wasn't one of the most ambitious things they'd ever pulled.
Television was a hell of an invention, Irvine had discovered. And it was just as much a massive source of ideas to people such as he.

Located right by a nearby rock face that had just had a fairly significant amount of the actual rock ripped out of the inside of it, Irvine sat on a floating platform of stone, looking over the expanse of water that lied in front of him.
...which now supported a massive obstacle course, loaded to the brim with tricks and traps, ice and fans, things that spewed flame and everything in between to try and knock people down and into the water.
Off in the distance, red light burst in the air in the form of a thumbs down, prompting Irvine to shake his head.

A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] Megaph10

"And that's alllll fooooor you!"

A rhinoceros-esque being soon finds themself washed back up on the shores, picking themself up and wandering off grumbling about how the whole thing was rigged.
Ahhh, the wonders of Junction.
And his old friends were loving it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:10 pm

"....the actual fuck is that?" Out of all the things Rhy would have normally expected out of having come by the shores, this was certainly not it. Wasn't this supposed to be a natural area? Orrr was he suddenly missing something? Because it kinda looked like someone was trying to turn it into a new playground instead. Which...might he say, didn't quite belong in this place? Shouldn't, at the very least. "Such a circus....", he would huff to himself as he looked around the area while he proceeded to walk closer so he could see this whole mess better.

...until he saw the person who appeared to be overseeing this out of place creation. "You!" The small horned creature would point one hand at the floating guy.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Irvine looks over to the voice that so suddenly came from nowhere...and then grins as he recognises both it and its owner?
He spreads his arms wide in a welcoming gesture as his grin only gets bigger. "Me!" Right after, he starts cackling with laughter, which winds down with him shaking his head and mocking wiping a tear from his eye. "Ahh...haven't done that in a while."

He shifts around, lying flat on his floating platform with his megaphone in front of him, not before his mouth but just begging to be used. "What's up, Squeak?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:35 pm

"Bwah? Is that supposed to be some overly silly joke?" Either that, or this dude was actually a legitimate madman. Rhy wouldn't completely doubt that after that can explosion from before, and all the egging that basically didn't lead anywhere. This guy was just making fun of him, he'd swear! He would waggle his still pointing hand up and down slightly a few times. "You better not pass your insanity complex onto me!" Nevertheless, he would shift to just crossing his arms over his chest afterwards, harrumphing faintly. "I was just passing by....didn't know a damn circus was in town. Hey! Do you even have permission to do this here? It's meant to be a living space for water creatures, not a noisy people attraction." Hmmm. That was actually something to brush up on. Just what were the limits of what was allowed...?
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Irvine rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow. "Really? Insanity complex? Are you calling me insane, or saying I'm compelled to act like I am? Come on, give me an idea." His legs kicked in the air as he laid on his front, head resting in one hand. "Gotta know what I'm refuting here."

His eyes flicked over to the course beside him as another red flare sprung up to signal another contestant's failure to pull things off to their conclusion. "Been planning this a while now. Most of the individuals in this reservoir are off for a governance meeting. In exchange for catering the event and not disturbing the deeper sections of the the reservoir, I can set this thing up for the day while they're out. Gotta pack up in a couple hours, but..." He looks over the waters again, countless spirits gleefully operating all the contraptions that made the course what it was. "Well, let's just say it's going to have been entirely worth it."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 pm

"Ehhh, well I'm not shrink to diagnose you with a mental disorder of any sort. I'll stick with the latter for now! You've certainly got the acting down, if nothing else." God hope the dude was just playing around. At least that would allow him to legitimately complain about it, whereas it'd be considered rude to someone who had some health issues causing the out of line behavior. Orrr, that's what was commonly assumed at least. He was no angel anyway.

A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] Jq06y8b

"Sooo, what's the point of this anyway? You handing out prizes to people who manage to win or something?" It didn't seem like the guy had much on him right now, but what would this be good for if it was all effort for basically nothing?
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Irvine winks. "I do my best to add a little flair to things."

"Well..." All of a sudden Irvine cuts himself off, looking distinctly unimpressed. He sits up on his platform, points to a spot on the water, and makes a 'come-hither' motion.
A geyser erupts from the water, arcing over the course and crashing into a birdlike figure, sending it flying through the air. Irvine turns to face another spot on the sands, where the figure lands - some sort of cross between a crow and an ape, looking surprised as it's caught by a cushion of air. "I told you before you started. No flying over the course. I know."
The platform spins to turn him back to Rhynex as the grumbling figure heads back onto the course, Irvine back to grinning wide. "Just a little bit of fun for the folks making this all happen. Mostly just for bragging rights. But if we're talking incentives for people actually taking on the course?" He pats a spot on the platform, and a camera pops out. "Putting up pictures of the winners in the restaurant. Free food for their first visit, and a discount from then afterward. It's amazing what people'll do for something to eat - we've had this guy in a suit with some robo-dog trying non-stop all day. Went at it like 8 times til he finally pulled it off."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 4:39 pm

"Ha! I'd think this place already has a lot of damn flair by itself at times. You get bored easily, eh?" With how colorful and varied Junction's population was, it sounded like a hard bargain to pull off an entirely boring day with nothing happening at all. If you needed to be causing a big boom on top of that, you sure got some attention needs that are above normal.

Speaking of things that are abnormal in any way or form..."Ouch?" Getting slammed by a column of water like that didn't sound pleasant at all, that's for sure. "You've got some rough handling, heh." Of course, Rhy was all for punishing rule-breakers, especially when what they did was really just a stupid choice rather than having found a better way in the system. Ouch for the slamming parts though. "Then....you're basically doing homeless charity!" Rhy would put a hand up to his chin in thought. "Does that make a loss in profit for a restaurant though?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 5:07 pm

"Naaah. It's entertaining, but it's not exactly something I need to do." He smiled knowingly. "More for my friends. Only so much they can do at their usual haunts. So I set things like these up so they have stuff to do. They don't get a chance to do much in the world otherwise."
A thought strikes him, and an impish grin comes to Irvine's face. Dark trails start to follow Irvine's swinging feet, shapes of shadow that seem more like pictures than any written language. Slowly, and quietly, a statue in the shape of Rhynex starts to construct itself in the sand behind him.

Irvine gives a little tilt of his head. "Gotta show them somehow I mean business."
Irvine looks up, affecting a ponderous looking, before shrugging and grinning again. "Guess I am. Most people like that don't really stop by though." He leans back, setting down his megaphone and placing his hands behind his head. "Most people are just normal people though. Curious, determined, or just hungry, whatever - they've all got their reasons." A little twinkle shines in Irvine's eye. "There's an initial loss for sure, what with the free food and the cheap catering just to get the spot, but hell if it doesn't put our name out there."
He flops out on the platform, showing no discomfort from the action despite flopping onto solid stone. "People hear about us at the meeting as they ask about the catering. The winners come over for their fill, and visit again to try more, maybe bringing friends. Why not? They have that sweet, sweet discount. Hell, for some if them, it means they can afford to eat out when they couldn't before."

He looks out over the water, where multicoloured light spiralled over the end of the course. Another winner. "Little loss at first, but it works out for everyone long term."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 6:59 pm

"Friends? I don't see no one. Invisible?" Thooooughhh if they could do this, wouldn't it mean they'd be able to somehow interact in general too? This was only different in the fact that it was planned out specifically, from what he could assume. That said, Rhy wouldn't think to turn around for the time being, so it wasn't like he'd really see what the guy was doing behind him. Not yet.

Listening to the explanations, the small Bronx would clap his hands together. "If it's people who wouldn't be able to afford the food otherwise, it's kinda charity too! Instead of actually homeless people though, it's the poor ones. Aaaand, then people who are eager to not have to pay much...probably!" Of course, unless they were adrenaline junkies and would do it just for the thrill. Well, maybe a few would. Eh. "So then...you're taking the risk, banking on it ending up positively?", he'd tilt his head a little. "How many people have actually won so far?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Irvine sighs, almost...wistfully? "Nobody ever does..." He has a little chuckle to himself. "Guess you could say so, though it goes a liiiittle beyond that." The statue is neeeeearly finished, the bulk of the body now forming out all the little details needed to make it a proper facsimile of the person yet to see it.
It really was looking good.

"Hmm...about 6." He springs back up as a carved stone platform floats over to the pair, bearing a tired, but proud looking individual. It's the one that got blasted out of the air before. Grabbing his camera, he turns and leans forward toward the new victor. "See? No need to pull a stunt like that." He holds up the camera. "Smile, buddy!"
They're beaming as Irvine takes the shot.
"And there we go. Stop on anytime, and we'll sort you out." They nod, and walk off, breathing heavily as Irvine waves them on. "Hope to see you later!"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 3:03 pm

"Huh? Isn't there a way to change that? Junction already has a lot of wild tech!" It could translate any and all languages and shit like that. Would it be impossible to make people see things they normally can't? There had to be some way! Orr well, assuming anyone decided to look into making such a thing exist. Rhy would snort slightly as he got his answer. "6 doesn't sound a lot if what you're looking for is your popularity soaring. There's way too many people living here." Unlesssss the dude got lucky and got those few people who'd bring an entire party along too, making the web spread a lot faster.

In any case, the small horned creature would watch the brief photoshoot moment, blinking at the soon retreating bird-like figure. "Judging by that guy's looks, this thing's quite the killer!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Irvine tilts his head side to side, exaggeratedly thoughtful. "Maaaaybeeeee...but you know, before I can get them doing anything, I gotta get people believing first. For all the crazy shit here, it's amazing what people refuse to believe." He laughs. "I mean, seriously. You have people made of metal, folks that can fly, everything to do with electricity in general...that was a culture shock, let me say. What's so crazy about the supernatural? We've already got those seekers turning up, but people still won't believe anything their senses can't pick up."

Irvine shakes his head and leans forward. "I told you this was mainly just for fun, didn't I? Not trying to call in the whole of Junction. It's not even like this really costs me anything. The whole course? Didn't cost a penny to make. Not gonna take a penny to get rid of, either." He shrugs. "Though, I think you're underestimating the sort of attention making something like this in the first place brings. Not like the only people to ever mention this will be the winners."

He whirls around to face the course, grinning wide. "Really went all out on this thing. Gotta be able to take pride in making it, and to take pride in beating it."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 5:59 pm

"Weeeird. I mean, some people being blockheads doesn't surprise me! You'd think the majority of people living in a place like this would be willing to accept unusual shit though. It's literally everywhere as is." Maybe not everything was super extreme in the craziness level, but still, people refusing to believe something after seeing what most of Junction was like...was a bit mind boggling. You think that one thing can't exist anyway or something? How 'smart'! Rhy would shrug a little. "I guessss....depending on how long a once off lasts though. You planning on doing repeats?" Yeah, people would talk for a bit, but unless it happened again, eventually people would forget. Or at least shove it aside in favor of other interesting things.

A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] Dcez0EK

"A hobby of yours?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 8:03 pm

"A hobby? Hmm. Guess it is at this point." He spins back around to face Rhynex. "As for doing it again...no idea right now. Still took a lot to set this up. Can't do it too much either."

He leans to one side, looking behind Rhynex. "Hey, that a friend of yours? Looks just like you."
The sand statue of Rhynex is juggling behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]   A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine] Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Course of Action [Rhynox/Irvine]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next