Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Squeak? [Irvine] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Squeak? [Irvine]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Squeak? [Irvine] KtumjxK

The Slums weren't exactly the place Rhy held dearest to his heart, but he'd totally say it had its uses when one managed to engage enough creativity to figure something good out. Like his current idea for example! The small Bronx could be found sitting close by a bunch of trash cans, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked around, seemingly watching for something. He was sporting a sleek black headset on his head, with a microphone attached to it that naturally rested in front of his mouth. Probably some of the tech he normally used at his radio job to carry his voice over better. What was he doing with it right now? Well, that would be anyone's guess.

What he appeared to be, was sitting there, and making random squeak noises, resembling those of various small rodents, such as rats and the like. The mike made it so that he'd be fairly easily heard around, of course. What was he hoping to achieve here?

Relevant strength:
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Step.
[FWOOSH]
Step.
[FWOOSH]
Step.
[FWOOSH]

With Irvine's every step, a burning footprint was left behind, flames springing to life in the shapes of his soles every time his feet lifted to take another step forward. It was an old exercise at this point, but it never failed to get old, nor to remain a worthy challenge to the attention of his host.
...except for Percy. Fuck if he wasn't good.
The trick was simple - they had to leave exact trails, shaped correctly, and placed correctly. THere was a certain amount of prints they had to maintain at all times, and when an new print formed, the old one had to disappear with it. The real trick was handling the timing and process so it looked convincing without burning whoever you were working with.
It was fun.

It was in this manner that a curious Irvine approached Bronx as he made sounds around the trash cans. He knew it wasn't an attempt at speech - that crazy Babel Field thing would be handing him words if it was - so...this was actual noises.
He smirked as he stopped by him, flaming footsteps trailing behind him. "Whatcha doin', pipSqueak?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Ha! Someone did end up stopping by. Albeit it was hardly the kind of person Rhy had been looking for. Then again, he probably sounded weird enough to attract random passerbys too, as much as that was not quite part of his main goal there. The small horned creature would clap his hands together, as he offered the newcomer a grin, checking him out meanwhile. "Squeak! I'm conducting a social experiment! Well, kind of. It's not exactly proceeding the way I expected so far. Too bad for me. Guess for you too, depending on what you thought you'd find here." Did this guy come over because of being drawn by the sounds, or did he actually see him from distance? Hell, he couldn't really tell, as he didn't possess eyes separated from his body. But! He could make guesses.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Irvine laughs. "I figured I'd either find something making noises or someone doing the same. I found the latter, and hey, what do you know! That's the more interesting one." He leans against the wall, placing a foot against it and leaving another burning footprint in its wake on the floor.
This one though, was admittedly a split second late. He tuts at the air. Was going to have to mark George down for that.
"So what's the aim of the game, then? Gotta admit, I'm interested. Anything a bored passerby might be able to do?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Rhy would raise his arms up in the air. "Well yeah! Unless it was a talking trash can, but then it'd technically be SOMETHING. Objects don't normally live." There was no real way to find something that made noises, without it falling into one of those two categories in the end. Maybe if one focused way too much on damn technicalities, which would be kinda funny. The horned creature would tilt his head at the guy when he took a closer note of the..flames? "Iunno about you, but just in case it isn't clear, I ain't burning trash here. I just wanted to know if rodent noises would attract any other animals, or animal-like beings. I caught a person instead! Oh well." This dude was definitely not animalistic in any way, so that ended in a minor fail.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm

He looks down at the footprint, and back to Rhynox. "That's just something that happens. Always been like that. Pretty normal for me, honestly." It was just ghosts making fire, after all.
"Looking to pull in animals with all those squeaking noises, huh?" If one were paying attention at the time, they'd notice part of Irvine's flame trail blink out. "Ever think to not just try the squeaks? Or, well...that the sounds you were making were way, waaay too loud? Can't say I've ever seen a rodent that loud that hasn't asked me my name before."

He waits a moment, his eyes then flicking up. "Alllsoooo..." He gestures a finger around. "Kiiiinda nothing in the area."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 8:29 pm

"Ha! You forget what place you're at. Anything could exist here, even an animal as loud as that. I don't actually need to get anyone though. I just wanted to see if this would yield any success." In fact, maybe not having to deal with some dirty strays was actually a pretty good outcome. Wasn't like he wanted to be adopting any damn pets all of a sudden, and he sure as hell wasn't going to feed dumpster animals either. Rhy would cross his arms over his chest once again as he gave the guy a huffy look. "Pfft! Like I don't know I'm not currently sitting in the middle of an animal den. That's why I was being louder. So that if there was any damn thing further away, they'd still be able to hear me. It's really simple! I can't be at several places at once, so I make sure my voice reaches further than next door." He'd get nothing if he was too quiet either, so that was hardly a viable solution here. Aaaand, were he to keep walking around, any potential target would easily spot him and see he was not what the sounds implied.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Irvine sighs and rolls his eyes. "Noise control regulations require that entities of such extreme volume be fitted with noise reducing equipment for the wellbeing of Junction citizens. Non-compliant entities will be dealt with appropriately, be they citizen, pet or pest." Oh, the noise regulations...good thing he could work around them. "Anything that wouldn't be scared shitless by what you're doing will have been dealt with. Even if you are pulling things from far away by boosting your volume, you're scaring them away again before they ever come close enough."

He looks over and gives Rhynox a shit-eating grin. "Besides, you don't go looking for Top-Warders in a sewer with a wine bottle, a business contract and some hors d'oeuvres, do ya? If you can't be bothered to find a proper spot to test, you can't compensate by destroying the hearing of everything in the area."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 pm

"Really? You sure don't look like a cop that's come to arrest me or anything like that. If you gave that much of a damn about it, you'd have shoved rules down my throat first thing rather than wait. Sooooo, what's the swell occasion?" Honestly, this dude didn't give the vibe of wanting to get him in jail, based on the fact that 'threats' and the like didn't start pouring out immediately, nor were there any attempts to keep him from potentially running away. Maybe the guy just wanted to be an ass at his expense. Maybe?

"Neh. If they run, it means they're not interested enough to check it out further. Fine by me. At least I know I won't be entertaining chicken!" Rhy would snicker faintly under his breath at that one. Really, he was somewhat loud, yes, but had his voice been enough to bust ear drums open, he would have hurt his own ears too. Thus, it couldn't have been that BAD. "You can try to do anything. That's how you learn what has a chance and what doesn't. Plus! Your hearing seems to be just fine despite having come here, so you can't claim everyone would go deaf. I didn't hurt myself either!" It wasn't impossible to find someone from the Top Ward here. Hell, anyone could have a reason to do something odd sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Irvine listens.
And then he laughs.
"I don't know, your hearing seems a little off buddy..." He taps his ear. "Just telling you that the shit that likes what you're doing has been offed or had its ass tossed off before a jump. Either-or, really."

Irvine gives Rhynox a wry smirk. "You're attributing higher brain function to dumb animals." Shaking his head, he returns to leaning back. "These things teeeend to have sensitive hearing. Comes with being a little thing that needs to know when everything's coming. Or you know...trying to find them."" He shrugs. "Animals just don't like loud noises in general. People...eh, that can vary, but not really in the way you want."

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 9:23 pm

"Hah? How would you know such happens and there's no one left?" That's kinda a rather peculiar sort of information to be so sure about, and besides, isn't killing and such apt to get people in trouble, one way or another? "Buh, I'm simply going with the fact that there's always a possibility here in Junction! That's why it's an experiment. I never claimed I was completely sure about what results I'd get, if any at all." Dumb animals maybe, but was every animal-like creature living here really the same? You legitimately couldn't say that for sure...well, unless you were goddamn CWIS and had records of everyone and everything living in this species dump of a world.

"Maybe, maybe not! This place is pretty big overall, and it eats all kinds of living organisms with every trampoline jump it does. Just because your version of an animal is that way, it doesn't mean all foreign beings similar to that happen to be like it too." He's seen a lot of weirdos already, and an animal not scared of loud speech would seriously be on a pretty low oddness scale.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm

"Who said anything about people?" Really now, putting words in his mouth.
He shrugs. "Guess so. But it's always worth knowing the variables."

He tilts his head side to side. "Leeeet's just say I've had reason to do some reading. Sometimes, there are things ya gotta know. God, all the scientific stuff they have here? Beautiful. None of that back home, and hell if it hasn't been interesting keeping up with it."
It's at that moment a trash can decides to burst into flames, blasting its lid off in a shower of embers.
Irvine doesn't react.
"Thaaat's enough of that though. I get to know who the crazy guy is that's been doing all of this?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Rhy would close one eye as he regarded the dude. "Did I say the word people?" Sure, one could think he implied it. Orrrr, maybe he was just being nice and not referring to animals as beings of lower importance in the sentence. One way or another, he hadn't specified he was speaking about people there. "Yeah, this place's got some bling! I can agree with that. You kinda gotta when trying to properly house and care for beings from all over the galaxy...and maybe beyond. Hell if I know what reach Junction actually has." Probably hasn't even been proven...considering how all over the place the jumps were and all.

"Wooh?" Rhy would turn his head towards the exploding trash can, blinking a few times. "You mean me? Name's Rhynex. Aaaare you trying to accidentally set me on fire though? Cause I'd have a few objections to that, if it isn't obvious enough." He wasn't fireproof alright, and unidentified fireworks that close could be damn dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Irvine grins as Rhynox looks away, but his face is back to normal by the time he looks back. "Me? Naaah. I can't do anything like that." He makes a pantomime of placing two fingers to his head and thinking hard, before shaking his head. "Nope. Nothing. Maybe you're haunted."
He pushes off the wall, leaving yet another flaming footprint - this time, on time. "I'm Irvine. Good to meet ya, Rhynox." He walks off into the distance, flaming footsteps in his wake.

Step.
[FWOOSH]
Step.
[FWOOSH]
Step.
[FWOOSH]

{<>} DISAPPARATE {<>}
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 10:17 pm

"Riiiight. Totally believe that the man who's making burning prints wasn't the one to set a can on fire. Educated guess says otherwise!" Rhy would wave a fist at the guy once he turned his gaze back towards him. Nevertheless, he didn't seem to be trying to seriously threaten or anything, as he didn't move from his place outside of the gesture. "Good grief, champ!", he'd stick his tongue out towards Irvine's distancing backside, before getting up and moving to inspect the previously blasted off trash can lid. Was that burned with normal fire....?

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Squeak? [Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squeak? [Irvine]   Squeak? [Irvine] Empty

Back to top Go down

Squeak? [Irvine]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next