Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] Empty
PostSubject: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Ray and Ally were bound to be worrying right now if they'd realised what was going off. He knew he'd had them concerned before when he told them what was going off with him after that trip to Determination. When he'd shown them what had changed.
He didn't blame them. He loathed it too.
But now, it wasn't going away. He was stuck with it, for better or worse, now that the event had been triggerey. And if he was planning to do something about Forget and the rest of Black Rider...he would need to learn to work with it as well.
So this time, he had no accompaniment as he left.

A black shadow stalked the slums, sharpened teeth beyond count and skeletal arms jutting from their body, nary an indicator to their presence but the very sight of the creature.
It was dark...he could feel it. He could wreathe his form in the shadow, and leave others none the wiser to his presence, an instinctive sense that he could stalk any here without a trace of them.
But...he wanted them to see. He wanted them to know he was here, to relish in it as they panicked and fled. It was a deeply buried feeling brought to light by this form, one that any other time he would have never let rise up.
But here...it was one he needed to master. To control. So that he could be his better self in the face of his worst.

Tenibrii's claws ran across the ground as he stared at them, leaving dark trails as he bent and stretched.

Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] Tenibr10

"I simply need to take this...one step, at a time."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Another day, another investigation. What was this world? Or, was it merely a city on an even greater, stranger world? Regardless, Toryuki wanted answers. Things to be settled nice and simply, so as to allow her understanding of her predicament, and upon sorting everything out, returning to Dystor in order to continue the fight. Still, she hadn't quite expected how truly unique this world was, or perhaps how wide ranging its inhabitants were. Perhaps the variety of this land was part of its mystery? That didn't matter.

What provoked these thoughts in this particular instance was the sight of what appeared akin to a shadowy mass, silent and moving without sound, yet clearly of voice - while she could not quite hear what it had spoken, it had definitely made a noise. So, deciding to cautiously figure out what was going on, and who this stranger was, Toryuki walked behind it, roughly 10 metres away, and simply sat down on the floor in a way that both her knees touched the ground, and she rested upon them with surprising grace. And there, in such a position, she silently watched in her own way, trying to figure out who or what she was looking at, and also trying to determine if it had noticed her, or had any hostile intentions. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Hmm...he had a strange feeling right now...
Was there something there?

Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] Tenebr10

Picking himself up, Tenibrii looked over his surroundings, to see a curious figure sat behind him - some sort of reptilian species, were he to guess...how curious, no?
Instinct demanded he tease a reaction from them. To stoke the fires of emotion and make them fret and worry, to drive them to an anguish he could feed upon. To create for himself a delectable treat to his palate of the many forms of torment.
But he didn't.
He held back.
He fought the thought.

They hadn't warranted that yet.

"Who have we here...?" On inverted legs he stepped toward the one who sat behind him, reaching out with both shadowy arms and ones of bone, the four-armed creature approaching til he was oh-so close before stopping shy. "You're not the first to follow me in this place. And if your intentions went that way, you would be deluded to think you would be last."
He felt his worse nature lead the way as he spoke, the sadistic and menacing tones resonating in his voice. It was so awful a thing...but it felt so good.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 11:25 am

As the stranger before her approached and seemed to reach towards her, rather than feel fear, or a sense of danger, the Dystoran warrior simply watched, and took into account the appearance of the stranger. Its words were dark, and voice malicious. Still, as a predator, it was either terrible at its job, or overconfident. So, with the bones and shadows reaching towards her, Toryuki just sat and watched, unshifting, unmoving in her position.

Allowing it to speak its words and get as close as it desired, Toryuki proceeded with a retort of her own. "I assure you, I hold no delusions. I came for a walk and investigation of my own curiosities, and upon seeing yourself and your actions, decided to sit and watch out of mere boredom. Nothing more, nor anything that would uphold whatever hero moral complex you seem to be referring. As to who you have before you, you may refer to me as Toryuki. So, my introductions aside, who are you? After all, it is only fair to... Reciprocate introductions, especially when approaching as close as oneself has."

After her tirade of borderline monologuing, Toryuki watched and waited, preparing to analyse the response of the creature before her. Perhaps this was a part of its culture, back from whichever planet was its own, in which case any misjudgement could prove impolite, or an affront. Best to wait, and analyse.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Tenibrii took note as the individual didn't even move as he approached. They certainly had more nerve than a lot of the scumbags that had decided to stalk him in the dark.
They tended to freak out a bit when he made an appearance. Or...when he didn't, for that matter. Especially once they found out their usual weaponry wasn't effective. As delightful as it was to see a would be mugger freak out when they realised that they'd found themselves in for more than they bargained for, it was good that they weren't reacting. It made self control far easier.

He drew back his shadowy arm, and let the ones of bone stretch out above and behind him. It was...so weird, having four arms he could work.
"A hero complex? Me oh my, just what do you take me for?" His mouth tears open as he can't help but cackle. "The slums are a dangerous place, don't you know...people have already tried to mug me as I simply went on my way. Can you believe it?"

Raising a single clawed finger, he trails it in the air, shadows pouring out of the finger to form characters in a foreign alphabet. As he wrote it out, it started reading as something more legible as the wonders of the Babel Field set to work. When he was finally done, the strange characters spelled out "Tenibrii. I thought it appropriate-" He gestures over his body. "-considering this form I take currently is quite literally my darker self...though I must admit, I never quite saw the origin to the form of the expression I usually hear." He chuckles darkly, amusement clear at the quirks of other cultures.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm

As she awaited for it to finish speaking. Tenebril. Either it was a nickname, or, that was its name. Not wishing to spark discontent with this stranger. Then, she let herself begin her retort, albeit beginning with a light chuckle of her own.

"You make it sound like a hero is a good thing. Yes, I can believe those would attack you and mug you. There's always some kind of moral deficiency within living beings, large or small, in one regard or the other. Still, I must say, Tenibrii is quite a unique name, although I can understand where it came from. As you put it, fitting."

With a light shrug, the Dystoran began to carefully stand, being sure to not make any sudden movements that would suggest hostilities. Upon standing at her full height, now looking down at the shadowy creature that was until just a moment ago looking down at her. "Still, I can assure that a fight or a "mug" or any such is not my intent. Although, if you do not mind me asking, what are you up to in this alley? After all, if being mugged is such a common occurrence, then surely it would be preferable to be in open spaces? Assuming of course that you actually care about avoiding the possibilities of unpleasant encounters."

At this, Toryuki shrugged, before stretching her legs out for a moment. "Goodness, I had not sat down formally in a while. Remind me to not attempt such a thing any time soon once more."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am

"It is, no?" He chuckles. "It's always interesting, to see what holds between worlds. To see where we find common roots, in language and in culture." He shrugs. "By definition, a hero is to be a good thing, no...? Though that depends on whether that hero is yours, I suppose."
"That is not what I mean to say, though...regardless of the truth of their nature, for one with such a complex, it is not that they are good - merely that they are so happy to condemn what they think is not..." He spreads each arm wide, shaking his head with a shark-toothed grin. "It's just a matter of the evil they see in me at that point."

Tenibrii laughs as Toryuki comments on the way they sat. "Of course, of course...I shall be sure to let you know."
He casts his eyes about, seeming to see right through the dark that covers the area. "I am simply getting accustomed to the quirks of this form, in a place where there are less of those undeserving to suffer any...inexperience, with its quirks. Apparently, it ties to the recent Seeker business...though I can't say I've heard of any Seeker that has ended up as I have."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 1:22 pm

The words that this Tenibrii spoke certainly got Toryuki thinking. Was this not their normal form? Furthermore, she'd heard mutterings and rumours about these seekers, yet little more than that. Did this shadowy person end up as they were as a result of becoming one of these seekers? If so, then surely none would desire to become a seeker? Unless, of course, the name of the title was as it sounded, and they sought out knowledge, something Toryuki would put herself at similar risk to accomplish. The hero thing was still something she found amusing though.

"Everyone has a hero and a villain. Even those villains and heroes."

Stretching her neck from side to side, she continued to look down, now with a borderline inquisitive look upon her face. "I'll admit, I'm curious. If you'll indulge me, you make it sound as though this is not how you normally look? I've heard of these seekers, yet never heard of becoming one and ending up with an appearance similar to yourself. If you'll indulge me in a tale, of any of these circumstances, I would be quite interested to hear. Of course, if such a thing does not take your fancy, then I require the information not. Simply curiosity."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 8:26 pm

He continued to grin, but the look took on a harsher edge. "Oh, it's quite simple...I was to accompany someone on a trip off world - Determination, our current stop. Have some fun, go see the races..." He growls. "Instead, I have the things I hate dredged up by a simple handshake from who I find out is a murderer wielding the same powers as these Seekers...granting me this form in the process. I can feel it affect me while I retain it, granting me new power and resilience, but also granting more control to the things I loathe...even as I fight it, it affects my ways even now."

Forget...he was going to kill him.
Literally.

"As I understand so far, what becoming a Seeker has done to me is not something consistent with others. I know no other like myself among their ranks."
"Others seem to have Personas or Manipulators from what little I have heard...but I am apparently a Shadow, and that doesn't seem to be a title that actually relates to my appearance or composition."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Toryuki nodded her head in understanding as she took in the words Tenebrii was saying. In terms of information, there was quite a bit there. A lot to process and take in. Her eyes closed for a moment in silent thought, before opening slowly once more. "I see. Thank you for your information Tenebrii. This has given me a lot to research and think on. I hope you do not mind that if I see you around again, I may come to speak with you. Of course, if you see me, you are welcome to do similar. Ah, of course, before I leave, you are welcome to ask me things, as you have indulged my questioning for a while."

Crossing her arms beneath her cloak, Toryuki began to turn. "From what I'm understanding, this is difficult for you. Taking up too much of your time, I would not wish to cause any pain or distress, or any other such side effects that form causes you. I live on this floor, so assuming you are around here as well, there is high chances we may meet once more. I have much to think about, and much to look into. Thank you."

Unless stopped, Toryuki began to walk away, her eyes facing forward and not hesitating or looking back once as, with proud steps, she returned to her walk, departing to look around further, and then return to her cave.

[Attempting to exit, exit will be cancelled if wanted]
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 12:57 am

A dark laugh rings out as Toryuki says her piece, the being amused by a joke that only Tenibrii seemed to be in on. "If you see me again, I don't think it will be like this. I suspect you would not even recognise me were you to see me another day."

"More to the point, though - if we are to part ways here, allow me to say...first? You don't need to worry for my state. Your troubles are going to be greater than mine if you investigate this. And second..."
The dark closed around Tenibrii's form, enveloping it in the black that cloaked the area and causing him to disappear before the Dystoran's eyes.

"I would see you before you ever saw me anyway."
"Have a good night, Toryuki. I hope we meet again."

Not even the most minute sound was there to note Tenibrii's departure.

{<>} DISAPPARATE {<>}
Back to top Go down
Demon Flame

Demon Flame

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 pm

The uniqueness of Seekers may certainly be worth researching.

The Gears of Fate are ever turning.

Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] ITPS9OQSadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] GsaEDMd

Toryuki of the Justice and Irvine of the Strength have forged a bond...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]   Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sadistic Shadow [Toryuki/Irvine]
Page 1 of 1