Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:01 am

Rules, eh? So they would rather stick to some rules and possibly get killed for it? For being above humans, they didn't strike him as too smart. It was sure beneficial to fight each other while someone else is targeting them meanwhile. He wouldn't say so. What were the Angels, little kids that had to bicker over some sort of toy? Were they that blind to what was going on, and what could eventually happen to them? They couldn't rely on humans to stop all the 'BS' happening, plus using them in their personal competition.

He would address Helen first. ''No one said rules cannot be broken. Plus, I think there is always a reason for what is happening. I know fairly well what Deva stands for, and that isn't the point, really. Let Oki be. I am the one who wanted to come here. Nothing is completely inevitable, unless one decides that they aren't willing to see another way.'' Being too stubborn and egoistical would come back to bite you one day. And it seemed the Angels were fairly sure of themselves if they kept going on with this game of theirs, despite all the risks of their own demise.

''If you want to know, despite me joining her, I play by my own rules. If it wasn't so, I would be here to destroy you, would I not?'' That's what they wanted, no? But he didn't really follow that. And if it had to be so, then all the Angels would have to go. But then, defeating Thesis and Ananke might become an even bigger problem. No win-win there. ''I want to know why. Are you aware of all that is going on? I'm pretty sure Thesis and Ananke aren't really playing by rules. I think that if you Angels keep up this competition of yours as strictly as this, you will all be in danger. Not sure if you know, but one of you, Teshub already died thanks to the Primordials acting out. Israfel was lucky to have survived the same invasion, but the world he resides in is completely and utterly ruined now. While you all are fighting each other, they are going to pick you out and destroy you meanwhile. Is that how you want this to end? I don't understand why can't you somehow work together just for a while, if nothing else. None of your Wishes will matter if Thesis and Ananke manage to mess you all up. Something has to be done now, or everyone is in trouble. Both you, and us humans. I've decided that I'm tired of fooling around, and that's why I'm here. I refuse to die just because you guys are too focused on your strifes. All of your Wishes have their own merit, and while you propose different things, ultimately, it is possible for them to work together. We humans are proof of that. We are capable of accepting either. I personally don't even think it's right to choose one side in this. We won't be humans anymore, if we don't have all we do now anymore. I did join Angel, yes, but I did it mostly to understand how your powers work, rather than anything else.'', he would explain, shaking his head. ''Plus, your actions have already earned you another enemy. I should probably warn you. Maybe you know him. The name is Simon Alba. I know he used to be one of you before. He plans to destroy you all, and is gathering people to help him do it already. I have no idea if his claims are true, but he is saying that by having been one of you, he still retains a part of the power, and that he can use it to defeat you all, along with the Primordials.'', he would add, before going silent, letting everyone in the room process that.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Nothing was going according to plan….at all. The plan had been simple enough. Just bring Sharaku to Helen and hope she would be understanding enough to let the man speak with herself and Deva. Sure Oki had thought over the many ways this could meeting could go right and even more ways this could wrong, but it had hoped so hard for a good outcome that when it all came crashing down, Oki was crushed in a way that words could not describe.

Helen was pissed saying that there was no option except to fight and even came down hard upon itself. She said she was disappointed with it and such. The words stung, but even worse than that was Deva herself. While she did not exactly directly chastise Oki the being could feel her disappoint or maybe anger at itself for this action. It all hurt….alot, but Oki did not cry or back down from what it had chosen to do as it took the lashing.

“I brought him here because I still believe in a peaceful solution to all this. I did not bring him here to upset either of you or threaten you. Fighting simply cannot be the end answer to it all,” Oki said its voice rather quiet as it held back many emotions as it kept a straight face in this deal. It was hard to do, but it appeared it was not so alone in this. Sharaku….Sharaku was on its side in all this. He even defend the being a bit using his own words in an attempt to draw the anger away from Oki and to himself. A bit surprising, but Oki was glad nonetheless. It was proof that what had done was right.

What followed next was a bit of what Oki knew from a previous chat with Sharaku, but the news about Simon Alba was well... new to it. It had been doing something else at the time and when it had come back homw only whispers of a strange rally were floating around, but up until now it didn’t think much of it. Did that rally really have something to do with what Sharaku mentioned? Strange, but trivial at this point.

“Simon Alba? I’ve heard the name before, but the one I associated with did not appear to be rebel in this matter. When did he make this move and why all of sudden now?” Oki folded its arms as it bowed its head for a moment in thought then shaking its head, it would look towards the ceiling to where it could see Deva within its mind eye.

“Goddess, Helen….if these events are unfolding like this on both sides…will you truly ignore them to continue the Event? Does it not matter to either of you what happens to the worlds, as long as the Event is completed?” Oki asked the question and then awaited the outcome. Trying to determine something within….something that caused chaos within...What did it mean to Helen and Deva?...What did humans and their lives mean to them? Was everyone aligned with an angels just pawns?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:14 pm

"Your world is hardly relevant to me. They have yet to hurt us yet. Does that mean by what you say by "not playing by the rules" they have begun attacking you? Then you simply have more reason to fight for your home while I defend mine. Make alliances with others all you want, but even if I wanted to, I could not help you. I cannot traverse into your world, so my efforts will be useless to you." She said.

"Simon Alba...? He was nice to me...! But he betrayed us! He left us cause of the other girl! But he's a smart guy, I am sure he knows when we aren't the bigger threat to him!" Deva's voice echoed cheerfully. "I can't do much here, this whole time I am basically bound to this world! You should probably take care of Thesis and Ananke now and then we can finally bring it all to a close! I heard that Mother has become impatient with you all trying to make a decision! Shouldn't us giving you our powers be enough? Or do you wish to rely on us for the entire fight? If you want, we can help you and grant you full support, but we would have to disqualify the Event and prevent you from having your chance!" she said just as cheerfully as before.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Well...he didn't exactly know what all the rules were. But Thesis and Ananke didn't seem to really be caring about stuff when they did what they did. ''I know Ananke had once already. Basically, they just do what they want, and when they want. They're targeting both us, and you as well.'' It had been a while since the last time, but no one said they wouldn't pick on another Angel eventually. He had no idea what kind of schedule they followed, if any at all. ''And I know I can't really ask you specifically for help. I simply don't want hostility when it isn't necessary, that's all.'' Regardless....it was rather strange that people on this side couldn't go over, while they could go back and forth easily. The people here were the same as them, no? So why were they stuck?

He would look towards Oki briefly. ''Recently. Don't know if you heard about the Rally, but he was one of the organizers. And he said it was now, because apparently the Angels would suspect him of trying something had he started sooner.'' It didn't make much sense in his mind, but who knew. Didn't seem like the Angels were extra worried even now, based on how Deva reacted to the news. Would they have cared before? If this was their attitude, then probably not so much.

He would raise an eyebrow. ''Other girl...?'' He knew there was another that became an Angel with Simon before, but that didn't fit. Because as far as he knew she stayed with the Angels, therefore by this she was Simon's enemy now. So who then? ''Regardless, I am not so sure he cares. He made it clear that he wants all the supernatural gone. So both the Primordials and all the Angels. He's trying to persuade people to help him too. He's claiming that you can easily be a threat as well, and that humans shouldn't believe you. Apparently, he left you because he couldn't bring himself to agree with your plans after he learned of them.'' At this point it was hard to decide who to even believe more. Technically? Every side was a threat in its own way, just from a different angle of perception.

He would shake his head slightly. ''How much have you tried to look at the situation from a human's standpoint? Your powers? Technically, we aren't relying on your assistance that much. In the end we are the ones doing all the actual dirty work. Defeating the Primordials, as well as going to the extent of facing other Angels if we actually make a real alliance with one. We're risking our lives just to proceed somewhere. At times, it seems more like you are relying on us to solve your own strifes. We aren't like you at all. Humans and Angels think very differently, and we want different things. Many of us don't even want this Event at all. What is it good for? If humanity is supposed to get better, shouldn't we do it by our own hands? Having you just rework the world with a snap of a finger isn't really an achievement for us. Maybe for the few that would actually be involved...but the rest of the Earth? They wouldn't even know what happened. We aren't really tools that can just be upgraded, I think. This Event is only causing us to fight, and suffer a lot of pain. We can't decide, because most of us don't want this at all. We want to make our world by our own hands, and at our pace, instead of being handled like little kids by our mom since we can't do it without some Event being pushed onto us. We may not be on your level, but that doesn't mean humans can't be independent.'' What exactly did 'The Mother' think? They were on a lame time limit, they had to fight here and there just to survive, had Thesis and Ananke to deal with as well....and apparently they were to make such a grave decision quickly? Not very funny. What right did they have to be impatient after literally forcing all this upon them, and not even being much of an assistance aside from vague stuff. It's been over a year, and there were still things they didn't know about this whole matter. And they should decide like that? ''If you want my honesty...I think this Event is a bad way of doing things. I'd rather it not exist at all. You all could just give us pointers on how to improve, and we could do this without all this unnecessary bloodshed and pain. Why should we be forced to change so drastically when we never asked for it?'', he'd ask, still keeping a fairly calm tone. He would like to know their justifications behind pulling something as big as this without even asking, and now expecting God knows from them. Yet, they didn't seem to trust humans to progress themselves in the first place, otherwise this Event wouldn't have to be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Hardly relevant?….That was a bit harsh. Oki eyes would become slightly cold at that comment. While it knew Helen was straight to the point, it had thought she would care for both sides. After all if one side fell wouldn’t something happen to the other…just like what happened on the island with the fallen angel? To say she didn’t care was almost like she didn’t care about her own world either. It took a moment for Oki to process this and then from there find a clear way of speaking.

“It is true we each have our problems in our worlds, but separating it like that might be dangerous. After all, I’ve heard and watched things twist or harm our side when the other side went haywire. Ananke and Thesis probably knows this fact well and thus corrupts the angels here. On top of this, they do things on our side to impact your side, i.e. attacking to keep us from defending this side. These worlds aren’t separate Helen at least I don’t believe so. So even if you can’t cross over, working together does help. It helps defending both ends easier,” Oki said to the woman calmly in its own way aiding Sharaku’s statement and also its pride for its world. It didn’t like a connecting neighbor disregarding its side like was a fly or trash. If what Helen said was true, then….why bother with Oki? Was it really for her own gain? It’s suspicion in the woman began to grow and the trust it had with her began to break.
Maybe….maybe she couldn’t be trusted. It would just have to see.

In any case when Simon Alba came up things took a strange turn for Oki. On one hand it was perplexed by Sharaku’s response to its inquire about the guy. So he had waited due to not wanting to be caught by the angels? Then…what did that mean? Were the angels really the bad guys here or what? Confused, Oki would scratch its head with a frown.

“I had heard whispers of the Rally, but none those whispers suggestion such things. My, my, how curious,” Oki said falling silent for a moment in thought before looking up as Deva spoke. She seemed to be somewhat fond of Simon, but what was this other girl she spoke of? Around the same time Oki opened its mouth to ask the question, Sharaku pretty much verbalized the question Oki had. Welp that took care of that problem.

Anyway, as the subject moved on, Oki became a bit more peeved with the situation as words were exchanged. This was becoming a bigger mess and having words thrown at them as if they were little kids did not help the matter.

The being let Sharaku talk and let what was said be processed before letting out a sigh and speaking.

“We cannot disagree with Sharaku. Humans have been fighting their own wars for years…and now they fight yours….” Oki would pause briefly its tone changing as its personality shifted with the emotions within. “It is true you gave us powers, but the more I listen…the more I have to wonder why,” Oki would look up at Helen cooly for a moment watching her with a odd glance that suggested it could attack if it wanted, but chose not to. It was an animalistic look, kept in check by Oki’s desire not to turn this ugly for its friend. It did not want a war.

From Helen, the being would blink as it shook its head lightly.

“Stuck? Oh I dunno about that anymore. Sure I can see Helen perhaps stuck, but can your power not let her slide over to the other side if need be? Why is this one sided, neh? And how is it that if you’re all stuck here, that one of the ones we are supposedly enemies with is on our side residing in a tower? How is Ananke and Thesis doing the same., sliding here and there on a whim? Or for that matter a fallen angel living amongst us? We don’t mean to be rude, but there is no clarity here. What are we rushing for and why is all so eager for humans to make a descision all of a sudden? What is "mother" worried about? What are you really about?” Oki said clearly not in its regular mind, otherwise it would not dare ask such things; however, the conversation shook too many screws within Oki and unleashed too many emotions at once putting it in a neutral state for the moment as it awaited to see what all would happen here.

Note: The Hanged Man is becoming unsure of Deva and Helen the more the conversation goes on. What is happening here?

Current Mood: Neurtal and nonhostile.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Helen took a moment for silence. "If Simon presumes to challenge me, then I will defeat him. It is as simple as that. I am not as weak as you may seem. Do you have a point of this conversation if all you are going to do is look for common ground between beings who do not know the meaning?" Helen said little more, however, a presence began to form behind Helen's back in the form of a white light, though it took no shape.

"I don't recall that given that you still joined Angel anyway; so aren't you a hypocrite no matter what you say?" she said, with the voice of a now stern mother, practically tapping her fingers with such emphasis you could almost hear it in her voice. "If you want to reject this Event, relinquish your power, take on the Angels, or defeat the Primordials. We have chosen to side with you. Humans and Angels must work together in order to defeat them for good, so why do you complain that this happened if you accept our help willingly? That makes no sense at all; and it's why Humanity did not need minds to begin with in my own humble opinion." She finished, before her attitude changed once more, into that of a small child. "They can't come over because we told them so! We control who can travel through and back through the portals, and it was our decision!" That alone made Helen turn her head to see her. "Is that so...? Your world has a bigger impact on ours than I thought..." she looked at the ground in thought. "We did this to gave you an opportunity. If you wish to reject it, do so. If the Primordials fall before we do, then we will give you the chance to see her, at varying costs of course!"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Sharaku would frown a bit. This was more of a pain than expected. He knew the Angels were most likely a bit too sure of themselves, but this was starting to become almost condescending in some parts. Oki starting to get moody probably didn't spell anything extremely positive either. So much help the Angels were. Always talking about how they were helping. Work together, right. They were supposed to work with the Angels, but the Angels couldn't even bother trying to work with each other. It was always about some restrictions that only made the whole situation harder to deal with. Plus, he wouldn't say humans accepted this completely willingly. There is a difference between being fully willing, and willing mostly because you don't want to die, and this is the only sensible choice to at least somehow make sure you'll have a better chance at survival. No one asked for this Event to happen, so by base, no one was doing it because they wanted to. In one way or another, they were just forced to conform and adapt to this. Otherwise little would matter, no? Simply kicking the bucket would not help the case.

''We don't know how strong he is either. It is your call, but I would be careful regardless. And...what is the point of this whole situation then? If they do not know what common ground means, then how are we supposed to properly 'work together'?'' Then they might as well just jump at each other for everything. Because no common ground meant that there would be obvious problems in actual cooperation. And it showed. The Angels couldn't work with each other, and didn't seem too good in working with humans either when it came down to it. Ironically, that is exactly what they were proposing. And already disrespecting the other side of the deal the moment after. If Deva had a problem with a human speaking their mind just because she couldn't comprehend the idea, then how much did they even care about humanity?

''Maybe because I don't follow your style of what makes sense instead. That's what cooperation, and being open minded is about. Just because I am tied to someone, shouldn't mean I will automatically turn my back to others. That is just a form of discrimination. Do you Angels hate each other that much? Even us humans can come to work together when it's needed, despite our differences. Plus, I find it ironic. You say humans and Angels 'must' work together. It's more like we have to only work with one Angel, having the others dissaprove of us once we do, because you guys can't work with each other at all.'', he would shake his head calmly. ''I'd say our willingness is only partial. No one asked whether we wanted anything like this Event. Most humans dislike the fact that it has been forced onto us to begin with. They are mostly willing to take your slight assistance just because they would rather not die in this mess. Since there is basically little other choice. It's always some rule saying this won't do, or we can't tell you that yet. We have to take what we can so we don't end up severely underprepared for anything. But that is not true willingness. It's a matter of feeling pressured.'' Even if there was someone actually happy about this Event and all happening, it would be such a small percentage of people compared to those that did not like it in at least some way.

''Saying that makes you seem arrogant. Just because you can't comprehend an opinion different than yours does not mean our thoughts do not matter. You may have made us, but we have become our own species, have we not? Stating that is just blatant disrespect from your side. Aren't we allowed to stand up for ourselves in this? We aren't just your pawns to follow the rules you make up, nor is it any considerate at all of you to make us do this.'' As if the Angels were making use of their minds so much better. He wouldn't say they were that superior if all they knew was to act like mules with a thick skull. He would snort. ''Can you? If it's true, then tell me how did Thesis and Ananke invade Israfel and Teshub's worlds then? Didn't even seem like it was any trouble for them. That's how well you can control the passages? Israfel would have been completely controlled by the Primordials even now if we didn't save him back then. Doesn't look like your 'told them so', is so failproof.'' Overconfident much?

''Don't we already pay by risking our lives in this? We have to deal with all this being thrown at us, and even seeing someone has a cost on it? What is this, some sort of trading? We put ourselves on the line despite never asking to have this Event held, and everything is just a chance, or us having to pay even more for it. I'm not sure I would call your methods exactly fair towards us.''
It just seemed like Angels were the ones that had the grasp on all, and humans were supposed to struggle hard to even get one piece of a reward for this. On top of the fact that many were basically forced to play the game unless they wanted their lives and homes ruined. He would look towards Helen. ''Technically, yes. It seems the worlds affect each other in certain ways. Probably even connected somehow. We even have the same names of the worlds on both sides, and some share similarities upon a glance as well.'' As much as he didn't know what that meant.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:35 pm

"You are pretty sure of your path in this, aren't you?" Oki began its voice calm as it looked at Helen, a small smile curling its lips. "Is really just confidence that cause you to be so sure or....Is it becuase you know more about the angels than us?" The being would watch her carefully for a moment, before almost tiredly it's eyes would drift to Sharaku as he began to speak.

It would nod as it maintained control of most of itself. "This be a valid question and on that note...how are humans to get along if we were to beat all other angels accept one? Would the Wish make us peaceful? Or would it strip us bear of all we have and leave us drones to the Will of the angel?" the being asked its doubt growing steadily as it continued to listen its mind spiraling out of control as the conversation unfolded.

The talk of willingness and such only made the spiral grow more unstable within. It's eyes would shift to Helen as she seemed to be surprised by something Deva said. It would smirk coolly at the woman.

"We don't think you are really stuck. Perhaps you simply had to ask to come over," it would say to Helen quietly before its eyes shifted to the white light appearing behind Helen. What was this? It tilted its head as the argument continued on, its insides tormented by it all.

However, it all boiled over as one thing caught its attention.

"Varying costs involved to see Mother?.... Prey do tell what the costs are? And what is Mother coming to do?"
Oki asked it's words slipping into Japanese as it watched the light and Helen, its body remaining calm, but not pleased with the situation at hand.

It did not like this arguement, but even more than that it hated the idea of being used for someone else's game. The memories associated with such things were...less than pleasant. Never the less, Oki managed to keep its cool under stress, unconsciously moving to stand by Sharaku, a habit of going towards the thing it felt safest near when threatened. While Helen and Deva did not strike out, the being was uncomfortably confused and thus sought understanding rather than violence despite its rather odd behavior.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:00 pm

"Don't ask me. My world has its own problems. I am looking for the suspect, while preparing for the inevitable visit from a certain someone that I am positive has nothing to do with your world. I know about as much as you do Oki, perhaps even less." Helen said.

"Hmmmmmmmm perhaps. Ananke and Thesis have abilities of their own. So perhaps it is starting to affect this world. I wonder why indeed. But they are Primordial Forces so I bet that has something to do with it! If you plan to reject the Event, I cannot stop you! The costs of it all would be to simply never meet or fight any of the Angels, however, we would have to make it efficient! That will be up to Mother to decide how to do that! But these worlds will be locked away from you, so very sad! Human ascends through conflicting opinions! That's how they grow, through fighting or otherwise, we have never controlled that since day one! It is always sad when those conflicts lead to the deaths of Humans." She cried. Helen was unsure what to think right now. Of course she needed Deva, she certainly had a mind to oppose this newcomer, but even Oki looked unsure. She stayed in silence.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:40 pm

''Suspect..?'' What was going on everywhere lately? Regardless, this was far from good. No one knows anything, apparently, even though they are serving the Angel. And Deva herself just said she knows next to nothing about Ananke and Thesis? Really? What are the Angels doing, just hoping for the best and keeping up a confident front, while not really knowing much at all? It's not exactly encouraging to know that not even an Angel who should be some help knows anything actually useful.

Sharaku would sigh. ''So you're saying you don't even know much about Thesis and Ananke to begin with? Then how are we humans supposed to stop them then? Plus, you act all confident, like nothing can get to you...and then you just say you don't know.'' That was...almost lame. Seriously, it almost seemed like he knew more about the enemy than the Angel. Were they drinking tea here instead of actually doing something to assist their followers? ''Sad? It doesn't seem that those of this world care too much about us or anything...so in the end...what would it matter that that we wouldn't be able to come here? There's little point if we're just seen as outsiders and potentially enemies here. And I'm not sure I agree with you completely. Yes, conflict can help humans sort things out, but not all kinds of conflict are healthy. Ones that cause a lot of suffering, pain, and possibly even death like this? How is that help? It's closer to making people depressed, overworked and generally worse than they were. It's destructive to itself. And the fact that you have pushed us into this Event without our agreement to begin with is already a type of attempted control. This whole Event is dictating us what to do and how, giving us rules to play by. How is that not controlling at all?'' It didn't really measure up. If there was no controlling involved, then this all would not be happening like it is. ''For humans, death is inevitable at some point...but doing this only makes it more likely to happen, as we are basically participating in the conflicts between all the Angels and even the Primordials for whatever reason. So yes, it's sad. I'm just not sure our definitions of the word are the same right now.'' Sad. Then why were they okay with letting them fight this war for them instead of trying to find a solution from another standpoint? Were the Angels that helpless? It didn't add up.

''I wonder. How should we know what to do, or even be sure how to do things, when you don't really tell us anything without being pressed for it? It's strange. I thought Helen here is a follower of yours. Oki as well. And it appears neither of them know much at all. You talk about how this and that needs to be done by us, and how this and that is sad, but aside from those blessings you give, we are almost always left to our own devices. Every Angel likes to avoid clear answers, or anything of the sort.''
At this rate, this was going to go nowhere, but he was determined to stay calm regardless. If it became pointless, he could always just leave anyway. There would be little reason to take ages with this, if the result is always the same in the end.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Oki remained in its neutral mood staying by Sharaku as it tilted its head at Helen and then frowned a bit perplexed. Sharaku asked one of its questions, but the other Oki asked itself.

“Helen is in the dark too? How peculiar. I thought you would know more considering you were with Deva first. As for the suspect and the one you wait for…perhaps the reason it has not been found is because it can maybe hide in our world? Maybe it is all more connected than we assume. Not sure what to do here though, so confusing…” Oki said as it raised a gloved hand scratched its head moody as ever, but still not hostile.

When Deva spoke, Oki expression would go blank for a moment as it’s hand went to its ear. It would pull slightly on its earlobe as it thought and listened.

“Oki is not sure what it is anymore,” Oki said with a sigh as it eventually dropped its hand back to its side.

“On one hand Oki wants it to all stop, on another Oki just wants to help, and on the third Oki wants to tear everyone to pieces to find the path once more. Information goes in circles and questions just keep cropping up. We be in knots and guidance out is a no go,” Oki paused and shook its head.

“You speak of human death as if it is a necessary always, so do you see this as simply a game, Goddess? And are you alright with such a notion if was true, Helen? Can you really simply follow and not question?” Oki asked since Sharaku had pretty much covered the other bases. This circling…was becoming more and more irritating. Would any answers be provided here or was this like talking to a wall? 

Oki wasn't sure and wasn't sure if it would ever be sure if the conversation stayed like it was. It was a tug of war with no winner in sight. Frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:14 pm

"We know what they are capable of. But it's not like we didn't see it coming. We can, so it's natural they could. If you feel like the worlds should stay separate, than stay the course, deny the Wishes and the Event. But it will not end until you see the Mother. Officially the challenge shall end there. From then, there is little to say. I personally don't want to see people upset with it. I have been answering what I can. I am bound by the rules of Mother, I can't make them myself," she said. Helen still remained silent. She seemed even more lost in thought than normal. "I don't think of it as a game. Death happens to many, and while I wish to avoid it, it's a natural part of life. Not even I can prevent that."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:42 pm

This really was going nowhere, instead just looping back and forth. And getting a little annoying. Just a moment ago, Deva spoke like she was barely sure about what Thesis and Ananke could really do, and now she was claiming that they do know. So much contradiction everywhere. How were they even supposed to know what to believe as the truth? Everyone was just tossing them around, saying something else each time. He would look ahead, golden eyes narrowed a bit. He wasn't sure what to make out of this.

''Is there a reason for this inconsistency? Just a moment ago, you spoke like you were not sure about Thesis and Ananke's actions. Now all of a sudden, you claim you know what they're really capable of. How are we supposed to know if we can even trust you when all the imformation is vague, unclear and often even goes against each other?''
It wasn't exactly easy to believe when it always felt like you were partially being played with. ''I wonder, however. If we do not follow the Event, that means we would lose your blessings, does it not? Angel claimed that only a person aligned with one of you can defeat the Primordials for good. Is that true or not? Because if it is, then it's stupid to turn around just yet.'' Even if they wanted to. He doubted anyone wanted Thesis and Ananke to somehow come back eventually.

He would scoff a little though. ''Always with those rules. Why is it that everyone should follow them? It seems to me that this 'Mother' is being rather restrictive both towards you and us. I don't particularly enjoy being ordered around, when I don't even know who exactly is the boss. That's a bit disrespectful.'' What was the point? To make them feel like ants or something? Just so they could gain an audience with her? Why should they even care to begin with? Dealing with all this crap just for that.

Helen was quiet this whole time, not even responding to Oki. He had no idea what she was thinking about, but hopefully she wouldn't decide to point a gun at them again. He really didn't want to deal with that right now. He could fight, but he wasn't keen on that idea now. If he ever decided to go against the Angels, it wouldn't be straight away. He would come back later in case he wanted to do it. Besides, it wouldn't be right to fight now. He did tell Oki that he wasn't going to come here to battle, and he planned to keep that promise unless he got attacked first. He would glance at Oki. ''I think it's up to you as to what you choose to do here. Not going to stop you. I came here for my own reasons, so you're free to make your own.'' He wasn't sure what Oki wanted to do now. It appeared that it was having trouble choosing a course of action, based on its words.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Helen was quiet, not answering Oki’s questions as Deva continued to speak. As Oki listened, the being would watch the woman with steady eyes wondering just what was on her mind. Was this tormenting her too? While Oki was irritated to no end with this game of ping-pong with words, it did feel its heart soften towards Helen. Perhaps she too was caught in her own version of confusion. Oki stayed where it was by Sharaku’s side quiet for a moment.

“Helen…you don’t have to bear whatever is bothering you alone. Angel or no angel, Oki still will try to understand and help you,” the being said, its words hidden under Deva’s, but if the woman was listening carefully, she would hear them under the storm.

In any case, after that was done, Oki would turn its attention back to the conversation at hand. Sharaku pointed out the flaws in what was said and Oki had to admit it agreed with the man. There was too much of say one thing and then turn around and say another. She said this wasn’t a game and that Mother and this rule or that rule restricted her from doing this or that, but in the end….things still remained a tumble mess and now Sharaku was giving a choice to the internal struggle within Oki.

The being was quiet for a moment and then blinking in a slow fashion, it would lean against Sharaku, balancing its weight against the man (provided he didn’t move). Its head would rest on his arm as it kept green eyes upon the pair in front of it. It’s expression, unreadable, its action perhaps a way to support itself in all this chaos. Or maybe even a defense mechanism to keep it feeling secure, it was hard to say. 

“So it all ends with Mother rather one participates or not? Then why the Event at all if her coming is inevitable in the end? If you didn’t want upset humans at the end? Why stir us like this?” Oki would ask calmly and then blinking again, it would look at the ground.

“My decision? We are hard pressed for what is mine and not mine these days, Sharaku; however, we do understand why one would try to get out of this mess. So confusing, it is just better to do things your own way. Perhaps that was Simon’s statement when he left.”

The being words remained non-hostile and calm. It seemed it had slipped into a state of absolute neutrality making it hard to tell what was really going through its head anymore. Still it wouldn’t attack unless provoked.    

Box of Stuff:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:07 pm

"I didn't deny that they could, but it is nonetheless not all that surprising. Defying the Event means you would lose our powers, it only makes sense for Man to go against us without our help. We can assist you in defeating the Primordials, however should you choose to reject the Event, your powers will be taken from you following. Are you upset that something has come to challenge you and breaks you out of the world your minds thought would be? You only are upset because you expected a life without a bit of disorder. We are here to contain that disorder, while the Primordials wish to drown us both in their conflict. I believe I have said all I can about it, but are you not persuaded? Simon was naught but a young man, who helped me a lot, only to run from all of us. He was a nice meanie!"

Helen frowned. "It's not like I have a choice. Without her power my world holds little hope. I'll take the minor sacrifice if it means my world remains safe. I'm sorry Oki, but it's just how it works. I have to worry about my own."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]   Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two sides of a coin [Oki/Gran]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next