Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

…My name is Rei…(Open to 1)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

…My name is Rei…(Open to 1) Empty
PostSubject: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:42 pm

(Note: Please read this: Read Drifter’s Social Links (Dollies Can be Friends Too) to learn more about this NPC.)

ThumpThump. ThumpThump.

The uneven sound of footsteps making contact with old wooden floors resounded as black boots crossed the remains of an old house and drifted outside. A pale hand would rise up to block the sun that assaulted the strange colored eyes - one blue and the other a deep reddish brown. The eyes would narrow as they peeked through the holes in the hand shield eyeing grey clouds above. Rain was coming, but it would not be falling today.

The pale hand would drop as the strange eyes leveled with the world and unruly black bangs brushed against the forehead of the young male that stood there. With a light sigh, he would reach into his pocket and pull out a cigarette and lighter before placing the object to his lips with one hand and lighting it with the other. With a snap, the lighter would be closed and placed back in his pocket as the young man took a drag on the cigarette and then slowly let out the scentless smoke. The action was calming on the young man as he looked around at the overgrown weeds of the abandoned lot the broken home rested on.

Yeah. Today will be a good day, he thought as he placed the cigarette back in his mouth and then moving back into the house that was serving as a shelter for the moment, the young man would grab his favorite and most trusted companion, Sally, his custom made guitar. The black beauty was the only thing he cared about more than himself because you see without her, he couldn’t sing his songs or tell his stories correctly. She was his comfort and security in a world that was becoming more and more foreign as time ticked on.

He could face this bizarre  world, you know? Try to help with the chaos going on regarding the other side and these supernatural beings everyone was hunting or fighting against. All he had to do was let “her” back in his life and he could fight again just like he use to back home. He could try to tilt the scales, but….

The young man looked down at his guitar holding it in both hands as he observed it. It wasn’t quite his time to do that now was it. Right now all he could do was sing the songs, tell the stories, and maybe aid the few that did come trust him with information, but fight? Nah…this one wasn’t his battle. There were already too many out there as it was confused, lost, and gnashing at each other. The battle was too far gone for him to try and join, so he would wait. Wait for his time to fight again and if time was merciful maybe he’d live through another war and see brighter days before his slowly dying body gave out on him. Maybe…just maybe.

The young man lowered the guitar to his side holding it carefully in one hand as he finished off the cigarette before dropping it to the ground and smothering the heat’s life. Blowing one last puff of smoke out between his lips, he would shoulder Sally before pushing off from his spot and limping his way back along the usual paths as he moved from isolation to crowds once more.

He drifted his way pass people until he finally reached his corner spot on the sidewalk. Settling on the bench there, he would take to tuning his guitar until she hummed perfectly. When all was right, he would begin to strum the guitar releasing a somewhat sad yet calming melody onto the world.

Last edited by Deshi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Tabitha happened to be walking through San Malarus that one day. She didnt really have much motivation to get outside today. Having not much to do honestly. Today wasn't a day where she could flaunt her natural talent around. The Academy had unfortunantly closed, causing Tab to sigh as she remembered the slight notion. Not a chance in the world to hear the idiots around her proclaim of her intellect. Sure there were some stupid enough to mock it and they certainly got what they deserved after class.

Tab hadn't cared to dress up well today either. After all. Nobody she even knew would see her today. As she walked on the sidewalk of San Malarus she began to hear a rather... Interesting melody. As she put it in her thoughts. It drew her in. Someone that actually sounded good for once unlike the people in her school. Half of them sounded like banshees in the voices they butchered song with.

As the young girl made her way over to the melody she spotted a pale young man with decently well kept black hair sitting down. Smoking a cigarette of some kind as he turned out to be the conductor behind the melody. Morena figured it would not hurt to approach. Perhaps this was someone who stood out as a actual musician.

Hey...That's a rather nice melody. Did you compose it yourself?Tabitha said with interest in her voice for once.

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 4:06 pm

The young played his melody in silence barely glancing up at the people who drifted by, some eyeing him, but in too much of a hurry to stop. He wasn’t here to gain money or anything of that sort, so he really didn’t mind the runners he was surrounded by. He was simply here to share a tune he had been working on with the world and not the humans. See humans didn’t listen, they just wandered on too wrapped up in their own thoughts to appreciate such a song, but the world? That. That always listened whether people knew it or not.

Letting himself be wrapped up in the soft embrace of music, he would pass the time on in the corner like he always did. His mind wandering to this or that clump of music or that bundle of scribbles in his head for a drawing. His music showed him movies and views no human could recreate. The dull world was shaded in color and beauty. It brought warmth to his heart and made the day not so bad. As usual he expected to stay in this world until he got tired of playing or a police officer suggested he moved along, although he did nothing wrong.; however, it seemed the spirits above had something else planned for him this day for as he was working on the second silent verses of the song, a shadow appeared and then within his sight a pair of shoes as a voice spoke to him.

His fingers would stop strumming the guitar as his eyes drifted upward taking in the girl’s lanky form before landing on brown head’s honey colored eyes. She was a cute teen probably no more than 15 or 16. She was probably from the Academy. which was a train ride away. However, she could’ve been a tourist or resident or maybe even someone new to the area. It was no telling these days since both child and adult ran about like feathers scattered by the wind. However, these were trivial things in the end and did not matter to the street musician as he watched her silently for a moment before giving her a light nod.

“Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them,” he said his voice soft with a slight twang to them that suggested he might’ve been a foreigner to this European world. Maybe he was an American from down South, but to look at him it would be hard to tell. His eyes had a slight slant to them suggesting Native American or Asian blood within. He was definitely a strange face in the crowd; however, this mattered not as he answered her question.

“…Yes. I wrote the melody based off a song I heard sung long ago,” he said blinking at her calmly. He was silent again as he watched her and then tilting his head slightly he would look away as he shifted on the bench to make space.

“Would like to sit, Miss--?” his strange eyes would look back at her as he left the option of giving a name to her.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Tabitha honestly had a hard time distinguishing who this guy was. She hadnt recognized him anywhere in the area before. Maybe he was someone new. Maybe she just never noticed him. Tabitha totally was not a stalker of any kind. Though... She did have moments sometimes.

What song was that? It must be rather lovely.. Said Tab as she looked at the man carefully examining him. This guy seemed rather pale. As if he was ill or not so well at the moment. She hadn't seen many like him.

Perhaps this one was starting to peak Tab's Interest. A unique person amongst the imbeciles that inhabited this city she thought to herself.

I certainly would not mind sitting down at all Mister. Said Tabitha as she sat down next to the man.

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm

He studied her and she studied him. In silence they passed judgement and set boundaries without the need of chatter. It was rare to find people like this in the world, but Rei was glad these sorts still hung about. Those that thought rather than just chattered and moved forward blindly. She was a curious child also. She asked questions. Questions that the quiet musician had no issue with answering as he shifted his guitar so it rested carefully against his leg out of the range of being kicked by passbyers or the girl.

“…It is called the “Cry of the War Lily.”…The woman who sang it used to sit on the wall that divided the city from the crazies on the other side that sought to destroy it. She…sung about that wall falling until the day she was taken out for it,” he said and then letting out a barely audioable snort he would finish. “Ironically, she was right. The wall did come down…”

The musician would fall silent as his mind went back to those darker times for just a moment, a ping of anger running unseen through him as he thought of the injustice of the War Lily’s death. Taken out for trying to warn the arrogant of just how flawed their wall was….

The dark haired young man would pull himself back from his thoughts as the girl decided to sit. He took note she did not give a name, but unlike some, he did not push the matter. He didn’t mind not knowing everything. As long as the secret keeper remained civil he could care less what secrets he/she sought to keep. After all, it wasn’t like he laid all his cards on the table either.

“…Rei…” he would say in response to being called mister. “Just call me, Rei. You’ll make me feel like an old guy with all that mister talk,” he said his voice remaining soft as he gave the other a small smile, showing his words were a joke. Age really didn’t mean a thing to him. As long as he was could get up and move about daily, he was grateful for the simple blessings.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Wow... Sounds like a certainly interesting song haha. So. Fits perfectly the melody of what you composed.

Your names Rei huh? I'm Tabitha. I live over around Penecia primarily actually. Do you live around here? I haven't seen anyone like you around. Nor with your... Musical passionTabitha said in an eager tone. She was taking some interest in the man.

(OOC,Feeling sick off my ass atm,so barely a response)
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

((I am usually not this fast at posting. In fact, I am one of the slowest here, so feel free to rest. Besides I care more about healthy people than quick responses. Hope you get better.))

The girl seemed to find the story interesting, even if she did laugh. It didn’t sound like she was making fun of the situation, so the musician let the laugh slide as he nodded to her words a light blush appearing on his pale face as he looked at the ground.

“You are very kind, but I hardly believe I can do the originator any justice with my songs,” he said humbly before falling silent once more letting the small rush of embarrassment wash away. When he looked back at the girl, he was calm again, the red tint to his cheeks gone as he listened to her words, giving a light nod to confirm her question.

“Tabitha. That is a pretty name. It is nice to meet you,” he said politely before shaking his head. “I don’t belong anywhere to be honest. I am just a drifter finding wherever I can to rest,” he said with a light shrug before raising an eyebrow at her last words.

“I am not sure what you mean. I am just an average guy, so not sure why I stick out so much to you, but I thank you for taking the time to chat with me anyway. It’s always nice to find those who like chat in this fast moving world,” he said as his eyes watched the people around them move for a moment before his eyes slid back to the girl next to him. “Even nicer when said chatter seems to be a fan of the finer arts. Are you...a musician yourself?” he asked taking note of her eager tones and even interest. While he remained unreadable, he couldn’t deny he curious to learn about this child that had come to him.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 6:20 pm

(Now I just feel weird as hell,So I guess I'm ok)

I think you certainly do the originator some justice with how you portray the melody so... Distinctly. Giving a perfect rhythm that matches it. Tabitha didnt seem to dislike this Musician at all. She guesses that he travelled around alot considering she hadnt seem him around. Makes sense from how he said he's a drifter.

Well technically I am one. I'm in the arts and music department of my school actually. I primarily play the flute myself. Though I'm more of an artist than a musician.

The world does move fast yes. Though for some of us. It moves slowly. As if it has stopped all together. Personally that's how I feel at the moment with nothing to do. Tabitha said in a disappointed tone. She truely had been bored lately.

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 1:24 pm

(Hope you get better Break)

Rei titled his head at the child next to him, his eyebrows raising in light surprise as she described the melody he played with words that could only come from artists or lovers of said subject. He found it pretty amazing how deep the girl went even when she would never hear the original song….it was a like a breath fresh air in the world this change up in perspective. He almost couldn’t handle it as he looked over at Sally, thoughtfully.

“You don’t say,” was his soft response as he took in the praise he was not used to. To think his song could actually move someone like that. Perhaps the humans weren’t a lost case after all. The thought would only linger for a while before it was being pushed to the side as the man turned his attention back to the curious girl as she answered his earlier question.

“The flute, huh? A soft yet powerful voice in the wind section. Very cool,” he said with a nod and then tilted his head at the last words. “Oho? What sort of art do you do then?” he would ask very much curious about this kinder spirit. He would give her a moment to answer before focusing on the next subject at hand.

“…The world can run slowly for the young or bored, but for me it moves at a speed that can be unbarable. It’s a bit frustrating, but it is something I’ve learned to live with,” he said and then with a soft chuckle he would tilt his head at the child.

“You say you have nothing to do? Well then what do you want to do? I can’t imagine myself being that much fun to be around,” he finished with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Really? I've only known you for a bit and your more interesting than half the people I've known. She said in a noticably entertained tone. Rei wasn't like the fools she knew around her area it seemed. Then again he wasn't from around here from the looks of it.

I guess you got that right. The world is at it's slowest for those who are bored off their own ass.

I vary in the art I do. Though I dabble in abstract art at times. To be honest I never really settle down in one style. I like to explore different kinds you know? Responding eloquently to the questions Rei was asking. He didnt seem to pick at her too much. Asking just the right things and not trying to dive into her entire life in a mere matter of seconds.

I don't know what I want to do. Though I guess talking to you is the only entertaining thing I have today and what I want to do it seems hmhm.She said with a smirk. She enjoyed the time she was spending with Rei. Despite how little they had known each other for.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Rei would give the other a light smile in return, amused and appreciative of the compliment even if he believed deep down inside he wasn’t that great. He was just a humble wanderer. Nothing more. Nothing less. It was kind of odd having someone think so highly of him, but also kind of nice. In any case, he didn’t have much to add there, so he would stay quiet as he listened to the girl continue to speak. He would give the other a light nod to her comment about the pace of the world especially when one was bored.

“I can’t argue there,” the man said with a soft chuckle before listening to what the other had to say on art. As she spoke, the quiet artist couldn’t hide his amazement.

“That is quite admirable and a perfect way to be when it comes to the arts. I too like to experiment with different arts to try and get my stories across through the various mediums. Not wanting to box yourself into one box, that is understandable. The creativity dies when that happens, you feel me?” Rei said becoming more and more relaxed around the girl that had art in common with him. He liked that and appreciated the fact this child wasn’t the typical kid her age. Over the top in the drama department or so darn noisy it was off putting. The change up and easy exchange was nice. He could get use to this.

“Heh. Alright, alright. If that is what you want to do then I don’t mind the company,” the dark haired man said as he reached for his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

“Mmm. Do you smoke? And if so would you like one?” he asked as he easily shook the pack so that one of the cigarettes were within easy reach for the girl. Apparently, Rei made no assumptions about folks when it came to age and what was suppose to be done or not. People were just people and teens and adults could smoke if they wanted to right? So there was nothing wrong with the offer, right? Unless she found the stuff offensive…If that occurred well he could work himself out of that one.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Yeah I understand you. It's impossible to just constrain yourself to one form of art. You really gotta divide yourself into a bit of everything you know? It's hard to find someone who is like that. Most people limit themselves heavily.She said. Rei was proving to definently be more than just worth her time. She was amazed at how well she was getting along with him. This was certainly someone she'd like to get to know better.

Don't even get me started on the other people in my school in my club. Half the art kids barely care about it and just want extra credit. While the drama kids. Their all overdramatic and loud and pompous. Acting as if their going to get a major film score just off having a background part alone as a tree or something! She said laughing a bit. It was rather ridiculous how they did act. If only Rei could have seen it for himself.

Sorry. I'm not exactly much of a smoker. I ain't even 18 eitherShe said with a bit of a joking smile. She seriously wasnt even 18 however. Nor would she catch herself dead smoking or doing any form of vice. She had to keep herself pure for her own sake.

I think I'm going to be heading out actually. It's getting a little late and I have to be home sort of. Tabitha said reluctantly. She really didnt want to leave. Though she had too. Her older brother was not one she wanted the wrath of...

It was rather nice talking to you actually. Don't wander off from here!This town could use more people like you that are unique.She said in a more pleasant tone as she walked away. Finally. Someone that was....Decent. She could get more used to this Rei person.

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Nice. Very nice. The kid understood where he came from when it came to art and exploring the different ways it could be used to spread a message and paint the world. What a relief and a breath of fresh air to find someone on the same wave length for a change.

“Yeah. I hear ya, but society don’t let folk choose so freely and not too many want to break from the norm like us,” Rei said to the girl with a light smile quite glad she had come along to talk with him. When she started speaking of her classmates, Rei would chuckle lightly at the descriptions. “It sounds like you have a very typical bunch on your hands. Maybe one day you can straighten them out and show them what art really means,” he said giving her a light wink of encouragement before settling on the cigarettes.

When he offered her one, she declined and even joked about the ordeal a bit. The lightness of the decline caused the musician to smirk lightly as he nodded.

“Alright. Cool. Cool,” he said as he shifted the cartoon, and pulled out one for himself before pocketing the rest. He’d search for his lighter for a bit pausing only when the kid said she had to go. His eyes would look over at her with a bit of disappointment. He had gotten quite comfortable with her there...and to be honest he didn't want her to live just yet. The company was nice in comparison to solitude. Kind of sad the kid had to leave though, but good bye was going to come one way or another right? So…

“Ah. I see. Well, I won’t hold you up,” he said before putting the cigarette to his lips and lighting it. As the item lit no scent would come off of it as he took a light puff and blew the smoke away from the girl as he looked up at her as she talked.

“It was a pleasure talking with you too. Hope I meet you again down the road,” he said and then smirking shook his head at her last words as she began to walk away. “Don’t have to worry about that, lil miss. You gave me a reason to stick around a bit longer,” he would say so softly that the retreating girl would not hear. He would watch her until she vanished into the crowds once more.

Stilling feeling rather light-hearted, he would take another puff of the cigarette before pocketing the lighter balancing the item between his lips carefully as he picked up Sally and started to work on a different tune inspired by the child that he had talked with not too long ago. He continue to work on this new song well into the night.

Tabitha and Rei have exited the thread. This topic has ended.

(Thanks for threading with my NPC Tabitha. I enjoyed it. Don't think you can get a social link, but it could count towards one of the three threads needed to awaken. Hope to RP with you again some day. =))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: …My name is Rei…(Open to 1)   …My name is Rei…(Open to 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

…My name is Rei…(Open to 1)
Page 1 of 1