Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A day out [Open] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A day out [Open] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A day out [Open] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A day out [Open] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A day out [Open] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A day out [Open] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A day out [Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A day out [Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A day out [Open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A day out [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Attendant Ronald

Attendant Ronald

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:50 am

Moonlight drenched the city, neon lights and street lamps accenting the city. The sound of dress shoes clicking on concrete barely noticeable over chatter and music. A pale, blond haired boy stalked the streets, hands deep in his pockets. At first glance, he'd appear to a be a somewhat formally dressed 18 year old. No-one would guess that he was over 700, and that he wasn't human. He was humming a small tune to himself, and his eyes were half-lidded. This person was Ronald, an Attendant of the Velvet Room. This was one of his first times leaving the Velvet Room. His last outing had been...oh...thirty years ago. Much had changed since then. Namely all of the bright lights shining in his eyes. It was annoying, but he dealt with it.

"Vellllllllvet ohhhhh velllllllvettttt..." The man sang to himself. It was more a method of calming himself than something he wanted to do. He was nervous about this. Extremely so. Just then, his right foot trod upon a piece of plastic, and slipped. His balance was lost, and he fell backwards, landing on the ground with a harsh 'thud'. This would no doubt gain the attention of anyone around.
Back to top Go down

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:30 am

"Alexander, please tell me you're here... I can't just let this go."
Hikaru decided to return to San Malarus Island in the hope that Alexander would be around today. He needed to talk with Alexander about his tarot reading earlier; for whatever reason, Hikaru felt frightened by what he had heard. Plus, Alexander's supposed "hints" were leaving him with more questions than answers. If he could just find him, perhaps he could find the answers.

Hikaru strolled down the sidewalk in a hurried manner, hoping to remember his way to the takoyaki shop. Suddenly, the people walking in front of him stopped for a second before walking around an older kid that had accidentally fallen on the sidewalk. He decided to hold out his hand to help him up.
"Need some help getting up? I imagine that hurt quite a bit."
Back to top Go down
KingWestie27

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 am

"Geez, you'd think Elizabeth would be more grateful." Alexander sighed, stepping out of the blue door that led to the Velvet Room as he began whistling 'The Aria of the Soul'. He wondered what would happen if his prediction of what would happen to Hikaru came true and he hadn't received his persona compendium. As he walked down the street he saw, out of the corner of his eye, a familiar boy, and a man lying on the ground. He turned towards them and shouted "Hey, Hikaru, is that guy okay?" before walking towards them, looking at the guy on the ground. As he looked back at Hikaru, he said with a smile "Have you been okay lately? Nothing weird happened?"
Back to top Go down

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:37 am

As Hikaru held the man's arms to keep him upright as he helped him up, he saw a piece of fabric stuck to the bottom of his shoe. Hikaru reached for it, tore it off, and dropped it in the trash can. As he turned, he could see the familiar young man who he was seeking earlier run towards him, likely concerned with the fate of the other man. For some reason, Hikaru felt that there was a vague connection between them, as if both of them wearing blue didn't establish something. He turned back to Alexander.

"Hey, Alex. I was just helping this guy up; it seems a stray piece of adhesive cloth had caused an unfortunate accident earlier, but I got rid of it."

As Alex asked him if anything odd had occured, Hikaru thought back to the past couple of weeks. The only notable thing he could think of other than the colorful cast of characters he had met was... the nightmares.

"I don't know what it is, but something about that reading has really got me stressed out. Ever since that day, I sometimes have nightmares when I'm trying to sleep. I don't recall exactly what happened in them, but they sure as heck are freaking me out. I dunno, could we try again? Maybe the cards have something different to say. I-I hope."
Back to top Go down
KingWestie27

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

"Ok...lets hope it is different this time, eh?" Alexander said as he chuckled nervously. He pulled out the cards and lay them on the ground. He flipped the cards over again and they showed the same thing as the last time they did it. Alexander looked up at Hikaru and sighed "Tower, upright. Moon, upright... and Justice....upright. The same meaning as last time...but the event seems closer than before." Alexander decided, despite being aware if he could properly warn Hikaru or not, that he would tell him what the cards predicted due to how he could prepare himself. "Ok...Hikaru. The cards predict that something will cause you to be somewhere you shouldn't be...such as a different dimension or alternate universe. In that area... you will encounter a shadow of yourself. This shadow, wielding the truth you deny to attempt to kill you and take your place. You will possibly find a place called the Velvet Room and if you do...you might discover the truth about me. After the long prediction, Alexander stopped and caught his breath before following up with "Wow that was long! Anyway, if all goes to plan, then I will be able to aid you when that event occurs. He then looked down at the ground and wondered what would happen if he had just broken any rules.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Ronald

Attendant Ronald

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Ronald stared up at the starlit sky, gears turning in his head. The ground hadn't been so slippery last time he was here. He began considering if there was any sort of practical use for something like this. Perhaps it was for trapping small animals, and his lack of luck struck again. Or maybe it was a modified version of those Roller Skates he came into contact with. Either way, it wasn't like this actually mattered. He fell all the time, and it usually ended worse than this. That didn't stop a human from asking if he was okay. Ronald stood up.

"Do not worry for me. This sort of thing is...shamefully common." Ronald answered. He gave himself a quick brush off.

"Though, there is a matter you can help me with. I have been sent out to obtain the huma- perfectly normal 'snack food' known as Pocky. I have brought a sum of ¥10,000. I do hope that is enough." Ronald stated. Then his attention was caught by another person approaching. Ronald took a few steps back, watching their conversation. It seemed rather uninteresting, and the new person preformed a Tarot Reading. It suddenly clicked in Ronald's head that this new person was a Velvet Attendant, and this human may be his guest. Ronald took a few more steps back, deciding not to get involved.
Back to top Go down

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 4:39 pm

It was too much to take in at once. Hikaru had to grip his head again, trying to wrap his thoughts around what Alexander had just said. It was eerie enough that the tarot cards lined up exactly the same way as before, but this added details made it sound like this supposed disaster was predetermined, or that it had happened before. He couldn't think. Hikaru could feel something boiling in his heart, making him feel distressed and angry.

"Alex... I don't know what to think anymore. You're saying I'll end up in some other dimension, right? And that some "shadow" or something is trying to kill me and replace me? How am I supposed to believe any of this?! This tarot stuff... It's just a sham, isn't it? Why does this have to happen to me, huh?! What did i do wrong?! Why-"

In that instant, something in the back of Hikaru's brain just snapped. He could feel his body suddenly go limp as his consciousness took a backseat to some strange force, his head colliding with the table before darkness enveloped him. There was the sound of whispering, sinister and echoing, but he couldn't tell what it said.

Suddenly, something appeared to Hikaru; two enormous golden eyes, staring at him with an unshakable focus. The whispering grew to a chant while those gleaming eyes stared into his soul.
""I am thou... thou art I... I am thou... thou art I... I am thou... thou art I..."
Determined to stop the insanity that this vision was giving him, he willed himself back into the real world. He felt his body jolt up suddenly, likely giving Alexander a scare. Hikaru could feel small tears streak down his cheeks, with the image of those golden eyes still drilling into his soul.

"Alexander... What just happened?"
Back to top Go down
KingWestie27

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:10 pm

"I don't know....I'm guessing it may have something to do with your shadow...or what it can become... And, whereas with most people, tarot readings are a sham....nine times out of ten, I have been correct." Alexander then sighed, guessing Hikaru would just think this was some elaborate prank. Alexander then looked into the sky before looking back at Hikaru and saying "I'm guessing you saw something? Was it saying anything?" Alexander was purposefully dodging the question of 'why' by talking about different things regarding Hikaru. He then gulped and said "If I am correct...if you encounter your shadow...be strong... don't give in to the truth he will wrap in darkness...not until your friends arrive to help. If your shadow succeeds in taunting you...and no one is there to help... you will end up being replaced by your shadow." Alexander, never being attached to someone before, felt like it was his duty to protect Hikaru and be his guardian and at the thought he could loose his friend to Hikaru not believing him, giving in to his shadow, or going insane at the experiences he had recently had. Alexander then thought to himself "Philemon... if you are as lawful and good as you seem... please bless me with a Persona Compendium to show my true strength and help those who need me...to help my friends" After he thought these words he began to tear up, wiping his face with his sleeve, hoping Hikaru would believe him.
Back to top Go down

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:53 pm

His shadow? Wait... those gleaming golden eyes... Did they belong to his shadow? Hikaru could only see its eyes, but he felt there was something familiar about them. Why would a pair of eyes like that seem familiar to Hikaru? Were they... in his nightmares? He couldn't recall correctly, but that didn't matter. He raised his eyes, forced to hold back his sorrow, and stared at Alexander with fear-shaken eyes.
"I saw... a pair of enormous golden eyes floating in this black space. It felt like there was something behind them, but i didn't see much else. There was also this chanting, this sinister voice whispering the phrase 'I am thou, thou art I' over and over. Alexander... Those eyes I saw... Did they belong to my Shadow? Can you tell me what it looks like?"
As Alexander explained the procedure for meeting his Shadow, he could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket. He checked his messages to see that Kumiko had sent him a message.
"Dinner's being prepared! Head home as soon as you can. Love you, Hikaru
-Kumiko"
"

Flipping his phone closed again, Hikaru began to stand up until he could see Alexander's eyes misting. As he walked to the ferry, Hikaru placed his hand on Alexander's shoulder.
"I believe you, Alex, though I don't want it to be true. But, if I come across my Shadow, I'll do as you say. I'll hold my own against it until somebody somehow comes to save me. So, please, don't cry.
Hikaru flashed his grin in the most confident way he could.
"I'm stronger than you think. I've been through some tough times. I won't lose easily."
Hikaru bid farewell to the other man and Alex as he ran down the road to the ferry.

(Hikaru END)
Back to top Go down
KingWestie27

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Alexander smiled as Hikaru walked off and sighed "And I never had a doubt...". He then turned to Ronald and smiled, before saying Anyway, should we go get that pocky you were asking for? ¥10,000 should be way more than enough. After saying this he packed up his tarot cards and got out of his seat, beginning to whistle again. He then looked towards the moon and smiled, finding it's light to be comforting to how his friend would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Ronald

Attendant Ronald

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Ronald sighed. His question answered, he left, hands in his pockets once more. That other attendant had a much better understanding of this world, it seemed. He supposed it was natural. He had no interest in the human world, only leaving when another Attendant (begrudgingly) sent him. He muttered to himself, suddenly realizing he neglected to ask where to buy Pocky. He supposed he'd have to stay until he found some.

[Ronald END]
Back to top Go down
KingWestie27

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Alexander smiled as the other Attendant walked off, wondering how long it would take him to buy the snack. He then turned around and thought aloud "I really hope I get my Persona Compendium soon..." He then began to walk back to the door he had came out of, wondering what would happen when he got back.

[Alexander END] (Would that qualify for a social link with Hikaru?)
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Users formed a social link...?

Ronald failed to bond...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A day out [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out [Open]   A day out [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

A day out [Open]
Page 1 of 1