Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Hmm... — Shunnosuke hummed, taking a simple bite of his salmon. That would guarantee the teenager would have enough time to think over Hyde's explanation. He had a sort of reflexive, down stare straight to his plate, while chewing on his food. The redhead may or may not know, but his words sunk deeply into Shunnosuke. — What good does it do to desire for someone to be happy over sacrificing your own? That's ridiculous, it takes away the point of falling in love if in the end you would have to give up and let go. I don't buy it. If you're sure you can make this one person happy, why give up, then? Why would he, or she or whatever, not want to be happy with you? — It was noticeable Shunnosuke was a bit exasperated by what Hyde said, while still avoiding visual contact with the redhead. As if his words were a personal advice to his core. "Winners are born from people who aren't afraid to lose", huh? Yet the teenager felt like a loser, despite clinging to a groundless relationship, almost stubbornly. Was Shunnosuke wrong in chasing all the chances he had while he still had them — or rather, while thinking he still had them? Sharaku never said a definite "no", so... but after Hyde's speech, what did he know?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:50 am

Well , the point of it all is to not give up on yourself, but you shouldn’t really take my words for it. After all of the pain and suffering that I managed to endue, i found my own answer. Love can be something that can potentially end you. After all of this, and it still doesn’t go your way, could you think of the possibly of it getting so dark that you even had thoughts of ending your life?” That was an open question, the matters of the heart were confusing and not easily controlled.

We cant control how we feel, or what we feel for whom. All we can really do is prepare for it, and either enjoy the experience or….” Hyde didn’t have much to say beyond that point.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Hyde was right. We can't truly control what we feel and for whom. To an extent, it was sort of an unpredictable subject. However, it wasn't necessarily true. Taking his case, his relationship or whatever that's called with Sharaku developed from Shun's evergrowing interest right from the start. He willingly pursued it. Therefore, the feeling bloomed due to his voluntary inclination for such.
...is it true? Can't we really control? For example, you and that bi-- — Noticing the imminent name calling, he pursed his lips, took a deep breath and went on: — ...I mean, that lady Oki, isn't it? You're readily seeking her attention and company. You're willingly going to take her out tomorrow. So, you're on fully control on what kind of relationship you aim for and what kind of feeling you intend to develop for that...girl. — His tone in the last word was contemptuous, unintentionally or not, and Shun held his gaze still lowered, busying himself with gradually cutting another piece of his salmon, directing it to his mouth...until his hand stopped along the way. Shunnosuke's sight shifted to meet Hyde's face. For what he was about to ask, he had to look at him and register his possible reaction: — If it fails...would you consider killing yourself over that girl?...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 pm

We just met, Shun, it’s not even that serious. Who knows? Maybe she would say no? Maybe it wouldn’t turn out that great? you always expect that much on your first dates when you are trying to feel everything out?” Hyde was a bit quiet for a moment before he continue. “ However, I would say this. As human beings, we contain the ability to adapt to any situation, the loss of love can be replaced, and that gap can be filled. But If it comes to the point of being irreplaceable…. That not even substitutes can suffice.”
“Hyde would then look up at shun with a smile. “ Then you have to do whatever you can in order to not lose them. To me, you are of the most irreplaceable of the people that I known in my life shun…. That’s what I believe… even if you don’t.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Okay. They "just met". Fine, then. He had nothing to say on this, though he hoped whatever Hyde was getting into wouldn't be fruitful as the redhead expected. Call him selfish if you may, but Shunnosuke was, in that moment, praying for an unknown celestial deity to curse that start of a relationship. On another note, Hyde was again succeeding in leaving Shunnosuke with little words to be said. In spite of his involvement with that girl, he was happy and relieved that someone cherished him that much. If he weren't well aware of Hyde's personality, he would have doubted his classmate's words.

So, does that mean you're afraid of losing me? — He smiled with some hints of irony, biting on his small piece of salmon for a short while. — Prove it. — This time his tone was serious yet nonchalant. — If you say I'm irreplaceable...if you think I'm one of the most important people in your life...then prove it. — How Hyde was going to prove it was solely up to him. Shun believed what he said, of course. But words can easily be gone with the wind and a formal declaration of affection is far behind what the heir of the Kurosawas wanted as a proof...even if he didn't even know what exactly he wanted. To him, it was more like a test for Hyde's actions, not something to take seriously.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:41 am

“Prove it? Hmm… ok…. You are so important to me that… “ Hyde was silent for a moment. “ The deal I made with Igor for the wild card power, it dangerous to my life. It…..could kill me…. I....i can die when all of this is over… but…. I wanted to protect you…protect everyone so much… that…. It didn’t matter. That’s how important you are to me shun, I made a gamble for more power….. so I can fight even twice as hard for all of our sakes….. I won’t let…. Anything….” Hyde looked into shun’s eyes with a smile. “ Is…. That good enough for you? I'm your knight...remember?" Hyde gave Shun a small wink and started to eat again, a little slower this time.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Shun stopped eating to pay attention at what Hyde was willing to say. Somehow his demeanor seemed hesitant and silent suddenly. Well, that's satisfying. He wanted to put his classmate on the spot and he was successful with that. What he didn't expect was what came after.

...you're joking, right? — Static, that's how Shun was. He hoped it was just a banter from Hyde or something of the like. Sure, Kurosawa was well aware that their lives are in constant danger the moment he accepted to join them, he faced situations where he thought he'd die by the hands of shadows, but...somehow, he knew that it was different from the case here. It's just something he could feel by Hyde's tone, by the way he spoke about it. And knowing Hyde as he knew, it wasn't a mere joke. He was being honest here, as he always is. Shunnosuke's expression was pretty...blank, assimilating everything Hyde stated, focusing on the "die" and "kill" parts. Quickly he cleaned his lips in an impatient fashion. — First of all, drop the knight jester and stop with that wink right now, I'm serious here. Second...what on heavens did you do this time, Hyde?? I tell you from time to time again to not pull the trigger and do things without thinking and that's exactly what you do. First you let yourself be arrested, then the mass panicking in the Alternate World, now this... What's wrong with you?? What the hell is that deal, and who's Igor?? Don't go around saying halved things with that importance, explain everything! — Shun was definitely enraged here, until his expression suddenly softened to a more...shocked, scared, as you will. — ... You said you "can" die and it "could" kill you. So, I assume it's uncertain whether this is truly your fate or not. But...how? — He didn't want to discredit Hyde here, but...oh well.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:08 pm

“Well, you know that text messages we get when something happens. Naomi’s awakening, all of those missions and things blah blah….well the attendants are the ones that text us mostly…and their maker is Igor, and Igor’s boss is Philemon…who is where you and me…our powers kind of represent his side of the spectrum. If you never been to the velvet room, you should take a visit by the way, you could buy some stuff. “ Hyde would then explain what he saw.
“I signed the contract in a dream, and the words “memento Mori” popped up. So….. that’s why I thought what I did.”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:37 pm

"Memento mori", the words that stood out the most. The latin expression for people's mortality was also an omen of sorts? That was...hard to swallow. He heard stories before of acquaintances falling ill to degenerative diseases, or cancer, but...when it happens to someone you consider yourself close to, it's different. Everything is different when you're in the spotlight, even things you never considered you'd go through. He indifferently sat his silverware on the table, still visibly shaken by the mere possibility of Hyde dying, shaken by his friend's sudden quiet demeanor. Still...Shunnosuke was skeptical by nature, and after paying attention to the redhead's confession that it all happened in a dream...everything became clear. It was definitely a prank. A prank that won't be passing for it made Shunnosuke furious. — You jerk, don't do it to me, alright, DON'T! What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?? All you had was a nightmare!! — His furious expression would gradually atenuate to a relieved countenance, almost laughter. He was so intelligent, how could he fall for that jest? — You seriously need to stop doing those things to me. That's not the way to earn my attention!
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:03 pm

The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 300px-Ittoki08

"Hahahah, yea, that's true. I don't necessarily dream as often as i do, there could be a chance that either ate some bad sushi, or the simple cause of midnight snacking at 1 Am. " Hyde would say as he happily continued to eat his food. He figured that it was better like this. " I'm sorry about that Shun, its just that everything seemed so real. I can be a bit silly sometimes. Wow, this food is really good. " Anyway, its better to just enjoy the rest of the day with his friend. He might be spending some time with sharaku or something. No need for bad vibes, even though sharaku already knows.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:39 am

You shouldn't worry about it if it's just a dream. I think you probably have been thinking too hard about "everything" that's happening in Azores to the point you lose your sleep. — That seems the only logical explanation here. It was kind of cute how Hyde was truly concerned about the state the islands were put in...unlike him. Shunnosuke cared about the issue in hands, of course, but...to a lesser extent. — It does raise my curiosity, though. What happened in the dream exactly? Was I there? — He said everything seemed so real, didn't he? Dreams are usually random and out of your league, unless they're lucid. Shunnosuke cut another slice of salmon for himself while waiting for the answer.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 pm

'not really......" Hyde kind of focused o his meal now. This was pretty good and he didnt want the food to go to waste. After a few minutes of chewing, he would speak again. "I was aloe in a dark room, where i signed the paper. I had a choice not to sign it, but i figured that it as a dream so i did anyway. Then i was teleported to the velvet room i that dream. I spoke to igor and i asked "what happens when you die." Afterwards, i woke up.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 5:40 pm

This is...interesting, to say the least. Hyde's description about it was sort of theatrical for a mere dream. He pictured the redhead sitting alone, light falling right upon him, illuminating his body while he makes the dramatical chice of writing a single paper. For a nightmare, that was just too plain and dull, honestly; Shun was disappointed. — I wonder why you keep this dream in your head. It was clear you're just to impressionable about everything we've been going through. — He cleaned his lips with a napkin and made a light sign for the waiter to come. — Are you afraid? Of what may happen to Azores, that is. — Since the subject was more or less related to the islands' condition, Shunnosuke thought of it as a good opportunity to introduce the conversation. His meal wasn't finished yet, and he stopped eating for a bit to listen to what Hyde had to voice in that respect. He knew the redhead's hero complex for a while, but...what's behind it? Why?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:34 pm

“Afraid?” Hyde would say as he thought about what shun said. He had just finished his meal and was rubbing his stomach for a quick minute. “Who wouldn’t be afraid? Things happen, bad things happen to good people and bad people might even get away with most things. I’m afraid to lose you, and I’m afraid to lose this peaceful life that we have. Maybe my highest times of being heroic is just a reflection of how worried and concerned I am. I’m only trying to break even with my feelings, but I still believe something that can be done, even when it seems hopeless.”

Hyde took a sip of his water. “Just some wishful thinking, we haven’t even found an angel yet. “
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:52 am

I'm not going anywhere, Hyde, calm down. — He replied mildly, not sure of what to say to the redhead's display of affection. It was appreciated, of course, but it didn't even cross the teen's mind that the matter is much more serious than he can conceive. It was the best to brush his worries off for the meantime, which didn't mean Shunnosuke wasn't worried himself. He was, about his life as well...not to a deeper extent, because he wouldn't venture in the Alternate Worlds alone. He wouldn't risk his life fighting shadows without the company of what can be considered, his team mates. But...he has faced the possibility of date a couple times already to know where he's stepping onto. On the following remark about angels...Shunnosuke was fairly confused. What did he miss? Are they talking about the religious, christian meaning of angels...? How does that connect to the supernatural events they're involved into? — Angel? What do you mean exactly?...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)   The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Day Before Valentine's (Hyde)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next