Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:47 pm

"What a sad day this is," Nanami muttered to herself. At last, her tiny, tiny little netbook had given up the ghost. No matter what she tried, the screen would not show anything other than a vast whiteness. The port for a monitor had broken long ago and even if it hadn't, she didn't have a monitor to work off of. At home at least. There was no way that any of the faculty would allow her to borrow one of the school's monitors for the remainder of the school year. It was time to get a new laptop.

Unfortunately, she was broke. Sure, she had SOME money, but she didn't have a stable income, or any income at all. Try as she might to save up something, she always wound up spending it all on little things. She had a measly thousand yen to try and figure out some way to get a new device that will run some form of word document program and get out on the internet. She didn't need it for much! Honest! The student looked to one of the more expensive computers and sighed wistfully. Better harddrive space, better RAM, she had heard that the graphics card that was in it was a good one too... Maybe if she bought it, she could finally play the mysterious League of Legends...? But she couldn't and she'd have to settle for something else. With a heavy sigh and a heavier heart she moved away from it. Another time. Another time.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:49 pm

This store in Yoro seemed to be rather close to what she was like in anatomy. She knew of computers and how they worked, so perhaps she should learn a bit on what was used to form her. She would have to return to Shibakuzoi down to her place of birth and grab any papers with details on her makeup when she could. Until then, she would be in this store for the time being, looking around. She would need to get a job of some sorts soon to earn some money and perhaps get new clothing. She was still wearing her same zipped up jacket covering her upper body and exposing her legs from the middle thigh down to her feet.

The place itself was intensive. Plenty of people roaming and looking. She had also seen a woman there of particular weight. She could not recall if she had seen her before. Either way, she would roam down the same isle near her, as she looked for computers as well. Maybe they had a similar processor to hers. Even her creators had been scrapping for money in order to get proper equipment at lesser costs. So maybe she would find something here she liked.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

These laptops... That was had the best processing, that had a good motherboard AND was light, it was impossible to choose which one she needed! Something all around good, and would last her years, even with her rough treatment. God damnit. Nanami turned-

And smacked right into a woman.

"OOF!" She took two steps backward and hit something else. Apologies were pouring out of her mouth, both to the lady that was in front of her and the table behind her. She was too clumsy, too clumsy by half. She did shut her mouth when she saw the girl. A girl, nearly impossibly skinny. Super long, super thick hair. Extensions? Doubtful. It all looked like one piece. Wig? Could be. Who's jacket was it? Why did it only zip up to her waist? Why was she wearing booty shorts? True it was spring, but it was still cold. That much body fat was not going to keep her very warm. Highschool, about her age? It was really weird. It was almost like the girl was a model, but she didn't give off any aura that she was. It seemed like she was... dazed. As if she didn't feel like she was a part of society. Well, the only way that she could be reintegrated is by a person with a few kind words.

"Hey," Nanami started quietly, smiling. Exude an aura of calm and welcome. The market was loud. Too loud to be talking conversationally. "Uh... sorry about bumping into you. I wasn't looking."
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Checking the computers themselves, she was starting to realize that coming here may not have been the smartest idea. The massive amounts of people here were starting to bother her, and cause her to take a glance behind her every so often. Were her fears acting up again? They must have been, since she was now clutching her left arm a bit tighter than usual, as if worried it would fall off. She would not be paying attention when the woman of particular weight walked right into her, causing her to fall backwards on her rear. It didn’t hurt one bit, it just knocked her completely off guard. A moment where she was vulnerable….what foolishness Ruo was partaking in. She needed to straighten herself up. Immediately looking back to the woman, she would not accept any help she offered and pushed herself up a bit stiffly. She was not angry with her, she just was afraid even she might be someone suspicious. She had grown a bit less paranoid with her Persona, but even she knew not to let it get to her head. She was not going to lose her sense of self-preservation even with her power.

She would brush herself off lightly and look towards the woman. She was being very apologetic about bumping into her. It was probably no big deal really. But the problem with it all was that she found herself checking her upper body with her right arm in between her jacket. She would take a few seconds, utterly focused on making sure her status was alright. Even after checking, and deeming for the moment that it was okay, her fears never left her. She would maintain a stiff demeanor as she spoke back to the woman. “Don’t worry,” she said. “I was not paying attention myself. I was rather distracted by what was going on around me.” She would look around at the crowd, making sure no one was going to look at her, much less try to reach her. She would try as hard as possible to maintain a look at the woman as she spoke. “What brings you here? I am here to look at parts to compare to what I have at the moment,” she said explaining her purpose here….sort of. She wasn’t lying really; as it was not going to reveal too much if she said it anyway, so nothing will really change.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Nanami looked around. There were a lot of people here. "Ah, Not good with crowds?" She laughed a little bit. "I know a place that's much quieter. If you want to go there of course. If not, you can just..." She waved a hand around. "Continue with looking about. I know I'm looking for a new rig too. Mine's getting broken down. I'd rather get the parts replaced before it all comes crashing down on my head, you know?" She grinned sheepishly. "It would be... bad, to say the least." Another quick look around and she grinned. People were thinning, and there was more room to look about. "Wanna... stick together? I'm not much of a computer person, but you seem to know your way about. Besides, shopping by yourself is boring." A quick wink to her new conspirator and she held out her hand. "Himura Nanami. What's your name?" At least she was unhurt, which was always good.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 1:39 am

It seemed that this woman saw through her rather quickly. There was no use in denying it now. “Yes,  am rather unsettled by them. I prefer being on my own. It makes me feel more comfortable and safe,” she explained. When she offered to leave the area, Ruo would nod. “By all means. I expected this area to be less populated. Apparently I was mistaken by it,” she said. But this woman seemed interested in learning more. Ruo did not feel it proper to force her from a place she intended to go to. “If you want, feel free to stay. I do not want to deprive you of what you came here to do,” she advised, attempting to be friendly.  But this woman seemed rather lost, and did not know what to do, so Ruo felt maybe it was the least she could do. To help her at least know all she could do before making a decision. It was a firm belief of Ruo’s after all.

“Oh, actually if you need help, I can stay.” She would rejoin the girl and look at the machines she was near. They were not too hard to understand. She actually found the very same processor used in one of her arms. Apparently it was a fairly high-end one; which for Ruo’s hardware, was not something you see every so often. She would look back at her and see her raise her hand out for a handshake, introducing herself as Nanami Himura. Ruo would return her shake, not really that jittery this time and nod with a light smile. “My name is Ruo,” she said. She had no last name, so she could not make one up on the spot. It was not like it would reveal anything about her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:05 pm

((IT FUCKING ATE THE POST FUCK THIS))

Nanami laughed. It wasn't dainty, but it was honest. "To be honest, I don't like crowds. They're only good for hiding or people watching." She looked around and smiled at Ruo. No last name? That was interesting. Overly friendly or she didn't have a last name? Either way it wasn't any of her business.

"Mostly I just need help researching. I need something that can stand up to wear and tear, good harddrive and RAM. Maybe a good graphics card. That and some money." She had a few friends she could probably bum cash off of, but she could never keep it for long. She spent her money so frivolously, and usually on food. There was no way that without a steady job she was going to get a new computer any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Ruo would listen to what she was saying and nodded in agreement. She didn’t think someone else had similar views of crowds like she did. Blending into them also seemed like a new use Ruo hadn’t considered. The only problem was that her fears would possibly get in the way and she would not be able to handle whatever she was trying to do. Maybe in the future she will attempt that; after buying some new clothes of course. She needed a way to acquire money. Perhaps she should ask the woman when the given subject was over. But first, she felt she should give Nanami some pointers.

“With all the requirements you have, and from what I know…”
she began. “It is worth mentioning that if you are technologically capable, grabbing various parts and making your own device is much cheaper,” Ruo offered. She had economic knowledge as well as quick access to the web, so looking up things like that is practically child’s play. “If that does not matter to you, you should probably look for various brands you already use. If they work now, no reason to stop using them yes?” she would say nodding in confirmation. Ruo was ready to explain herself if Nanami needed more help, and after all of it, Ruo would take a moment to ask her a question, if she knew the answer to it. “Actually Nanami, if I may. Do you know of any areas around here where money can be earned? Or better yet, places to earn money from your home? I am rather short on money as you seem to be,” she said chuckling lightly. Laughing was slowly coming easy for her. Maybe she was learning how to properly speak and blend in with humanity. Was that a good thing? That would be something to think about later.
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:57 am

"I am not technologically capable." To be honest, technology scared her. It was something that could be used, but only the truly dedicated understood. "I barely know my mother board from my cooling fan. There would be no way that I could build my own computer." Though going with the same brands as before would cut down tremendously on the tedium of trying to look for something good. She just needed a crappy little replacement.

As she thought of this however, a question was posed to her. Nanami turned her head to the side to think about the question, trying to give it all the attention it deserved. "Well, I hear the malls always taking people to hire on with them. Hayabusa's basically a bust since they're almost all mom and pop places who won't take on anyone but family and family friends. I suppose if you got lucky you could work at the night club. I hear it pays well. Or- since I think you'd have a snowball's chance in hell of working at the nightclub of your volition- you could get super lucky and do online tutoring." Did she go to school? She had the body of a high schooler, but the maturity of an adult almost double her age.

"In the end, do what makes you feel comfortable. You could post stuff on the bulletin board giving some qualifications and things you can do- Like clean a house or put together a computer. You know, a pseudo-resume. And then have little tabs where people can call you if they want to hire you." Now that she thought about it.... "Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad thing to do at all..."
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm

She would listen to Nanami’s words and nod in agreement. “Then yes. Perhaps sticking to a reliable brand is best. Not good to take unnecessary risk without knowing what you will buy right?” she said. That was decent and convenient about it. If you were not technologically sound, you could simply talk to someone who was or buy a premade computer or other bit of technology so you will not have to put in as much effort. It made it less challenging to think on it. Perhaps Ruo should build one. She would have little trouble; but the only issue would be if she ever acted up during the actual building. Her limbs are not perfect, so they could cause her to err and mess it all up. Truthfully, it was unnecessary, as she had the internet all in her head, she remembered.

Nanami would give ideas as to where money could be earned. The bulletin did give her some idea. Instead of putting out what she could do, perhaps she should check there and see if there were jobs being offered there. Ruo would nod with a smile. “That is very appreciated. I may do that on the way home today. I could use the money for clothing. I am running short on it as of late,” she said. This woman was very helpful. Maybe if she left now she would have time to get some kind of job or at least look for one. She would also have to try and get over any fears she might have when purchasing clothes. It was better than sticking out everywhere she went. “It was a pleasure Nanami, you actually helped me very much. I do hope we meet once again,” she said suddenly eager. Her personality seemed to jump to a very happy state. This time it seemed rather appropriate. She would have to hurry so she could finally rid herself of this problem. She would quickly grab Nanami’s left hand to shake with both of her own with a sudden happy grin on her face, before practically speed-walking out of the store and onto the nearest job bulletin. With any luck, she may find herself with a job before the day’s end. And it was much owed to Nanami Himura.

Weakness:

((Exit))
Back to top Go down
Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Nanami smiled at Ruo-san. Well, at least she understood better than most. Maybe they could get the parts together and build it one day? Ah, but that was thinking far in the future. Besides that would be a bit selfish, asking her to chip in for something she wouldn't probably use. Maybe there could be an exchange? Clothing for parts? Ruo-san would know more about computer parts and Nanami had no doubt that she could clothe the slim figure better than just a jacket and booty shorts. She did say that she was running out clothes and that was something that Nanami was all too aware of.

No sooner has she opened her mouth to propose this, Ruo shook her left hand- why her left?- and beat a hasty exit, to do what Nanami had advised her to do. Well... good? It was weird why she would scamper off so quickly. She hadn't even gotten a number or a school name! Damn... Nanami shook her head and sighed, lingering over the computers before beating her own retreat to look at the bulletin board to see what jobs were being offered.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 pm

Users have established a rank 1 Social Link...
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)   A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Girl? Shopping? Preposterous. (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1