Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

★ changing opinions -- [grantus]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

★ changing opinions -- [grantus] Empty
PostSubject: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Through the indigo portal, the 3rd year known as Barbados Cole slowly stepped into the room consisting of nothing but blue velvet. The portal dispersed into little azure droplets as he took a few more steps within this seemingly empty room. He looked around with vigilant eyes yet didn't spot a single soul. Something deep within the confines of his chest told him to make his presence known with a thunderous greeting. Normally he wouldn't be against such abrupt gestures, but he wasn't here to chitchat with the 'oddly' looking locals. Not to mention he was still extremely sore from his past expectation in the topsy-turvy world known as Limbo. So, ultimately, he wasn't in the mood to talk. But why would he be here then? Surly someone like him who doesn't fully trust the Attendants has no reason here, right? Wrong. More gossip on the girl known as Satoshi Anya has been sprouting and growing through the school. This gossip centered around the cops pestering the girl and asking her questions 24/7. The 3rd year sucked his lip in frustration. Why did't those idiots just let the poor girl rest first? Not like she'll be going anywhere again... Or so he hopped; one could never be to sure with situations like this. That is why he is here; to read the request board and see if everything is alright with the girl. These Attendants seemed to have eyes everywhere across Ueitwa, so if she was indeed in trouble. The request board would be the best place to learn of such misfortune.

'Lets see...'

He pressed one of his thick fingers on the board and read each request one by one until he came to something about the girl. He exhaled a sigh of relief as he retracted his arm and turned away from the board. Just question the girl? Yeah, that can wait. Not only did she need rest, her rescuers did also. He'd pinch the bridge of his nose as he started to walk off; his slow heavy footsteps echoing through the entire room made of blue velvet. Things were going surprising smoothly. He expected at least one of these so called Attendants to be here to greet him. Yet there wasn't a single soul. Was he complaining about these sudden turn of events? Hell to the fuck no! He just found it a little odd, that's all.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:29 pm

It was never time to enter the Velvet Room in Noctis' mind, rather, it was always waiting for the time to leave back into the world of humans whenever he showed up. But to him, it was quite good to remember his home, and visit to see the Attendants there, and more importantly, help the guests that may show up. He himself had not come across any guests, only those in the human world with the potential to be said guests. He would walk into the Velvet Room, pulling out a piece of candy from his azure coat, and opening it to pop into his mouth, in order to satiate his urges for junk food. 'Velvet, oh Velvet. I need to think of a song that is not as boring....' he would think in tune. That song that the other Attendants would sing, soon becoming boring to his ears. But he was getting distracted once more.

He would soon notice someone who was dressed unlike the guests in here. Once more, his skin as black as ebony. He always found that fascinating about humanity, how they come in all shapes, sizes, and apparently, colors. He would have to see if that affects how relationships form. Though, this was also new to him. He had never encountered one with potential walking in here before; not that he didn't know they could, but he has never come across one. He wanted to speak with him the moment he saw him. That in mind, he would walk to him slowly, still chewing on the candy that he had received from the other world, before swallowing it right when he made it to the man. He would give a slight bow, with a wide grin on his face. "Hello sir. Are you well?" he asked. During that time, he would pull out another piece of candy to eat, which by chance, happened to be a lollipop. He would open it, and put it in his mouth. ".....Cherry. Perfect," he would say allowed, nodding in confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 pm

'Am I well...? I'm peachy.'

The upperclassmen replied with a dull tone. He may have proclaimed to be but his tone and appearance said otherwise. Cole was dressed in his typical school attire, hair tied back in a jumbled mess of nappy black locks, and cream colored bandages of varying size and width covering a majority of his face. Ever since the rescue, the 3rd year has been using this as the perfect excuse to skip classes. He'd play the wounded and exhausted role, but when getting some time to himself, he'd spend most of his day in the gym training and thinking about the current situation at hand. But now wasn't the right time to think about this. He'd finally place his glare upon the 'oddly' looking Attendant and look him up and down. Cole noticed the male indulging himself on candy. The 3rd year rose a eyebrow to this. So these 'people' eat? Interesting. He'd stuff one hand in his pants pocket while he used the opposing appendage to gentle stroke his stiff neck. He'd look around the blue constructed of nothing but blue velvet before asking a question.

'So where are the other Attendants? You are one of these Attendants, right...? '

Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Noctis would be relived at the man's response. But he sounded so worn out the way he would speak. Seeing as how he used his potential, otherwise he would not have been able to get here, maybe he had fought the Shadows at some point? He should probably get some rest when he could, though being here means he might have actually needed something. And right now, no other Attendant seemed to be available. It struck him as odd, almost as though it was planned this way. But if anything, this would help him in learning, whether it be learning how to help guests, or learning more of how to interact with them. Then again, he did just happen to notice that the man was rubbing his neck. So maybe he really was in pain?

"Are you hurt? You seem-oop!"
he was interrupted, by the lollipop that fell from his mouth as he spoke. He quickly moved to catch it, and succeeding, but catching the candy part of it with his left hand. So now, after continuing to eat it once more, his left hand would end up being sticky later. 'The only downside to candy, if you eat it poorly...' he would think, flexing his left hand at his side slightly, already feeling the annoying sensation on his hand. Though, he remembered there was a guest in front of him and reverted his attention to him. "S-Sorry sir! Being sticky is not enjoyable. I sympathize if you ever get those issues," he would say. His train of thought would end when he asked about him and the room, and he would nod. "Oh, right. Yes, I am an Attendant. Welcome to the Velvet Room. I have actually never spoken to someone who has realized their potential before. Is there something you needed?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Cole was at a lose for words at this moment. This Attendant seemed a little 'odd' yet very respectable at the same time. As the sucker popped out of his mouth, the 3rd year instinctively took a step back; not wanting it to land on his clothes if he could help it. He apologized for his incompetence. Cole simply dismissed the words with a waving gesture of the hands as he looked across the velvet room once again. The Attendant continued to speak; going on about how he was indeed an Attendant and officially welcomed him to this velvet room. He continued to go on and say how he never spoke with another who has realized their potential; potential being the Inner-Power, Cole believed. The upperclassmen put his glare back on the Attendant and shrugged his broad shoulders.

'I'm just here to get a little more information about the condition of Satoshi Anya. You wouldn't happen to know anything, would you?'

Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:39 pm

"Anya Satoshi? Is she alright? I had heard of another man who was looking for her, is she still missing?" he would continue not really stopping to answer his question, getting distracted by his own. He finished his lollipop, but the stick remained in his mouth as he pursed his lips in confusion. It was one of the few times where his face would be anything but content, happy, or curious. "Sorry sir. I really do not have much to say on her. I do know that I did seem to sense her in Limbo. It is not often people without the potential arrive there. As for her current condition, if she is out, I daresay she should hopefully recover from all the stress it probably caused her. But that is truly all I know. Forgive me," he said rubbing the back of his head with his non-sticky hand.

He hadn't felt guilt before, but he knew that was what he was feeling, based on what he had gathered from human interaction and their vocabulary. It corresponded with his feeling of wishing he was able to do something. It was his job, nay, his duty to assist the guests, and once more, aside from his research's sake, protect those who cannot fight themselves. Perhaps he would have to learn if he could find a way to assist the ones with the potential in other ways. "Is there anything else I can help you with sir?" he would ask, his smile returning halfway.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:32 pm

It seemed this Attendant had no real information about the girl; which wasn't necessarily bad. The candy loving Attendant continued to speak; mentioning how he could sense the girl while she was in Limbo. The battered 3rd year found that little fact interesting. So these Attendants had the power to sense people in Limbo? Such a skill could be useful if something else along these lines happened again in the future. To bad Cole didn't trust these vague 'people'; they had the potential to make great allies. In the middle of this thought, the golden eyed Attendant asked yet another question with a faint smile. Cole glared at the male with a dull look before shrugging his shoulders.

'No, not really. I'm just here as a type of precaution, get it? If you don't have anything important to tell me about the girl, I'm pretty sure we're done here. Also, stop with this whole 'sir' shit, well ya'? Just call me Cole, okay?'

Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 pm

"A precaution? Well, I am always here to help if you need something," he said nodding at what he had said. The man himself looked a bit frustrated when he spoke. Maybe he was unsatisfied with the answer? He would have to think of something about her. He had to know something about her right...? But he really could not think of anything. If he saw her, he might be able to tell how she was physically, but she clearly, was not here. His smile would return upon hearing the man's name, and he would hold out his hand. "Cole it is! I am Noctis," he would say. He would shake his hand if he took it, and if not, he would pull the stick, now candy-less from his mouth and look around, but unable to find a place of disposal. "I should have a garbage can installed in here at some point. Surely Attendants come back once in a while...." he would say, putting the stick back in his mouth.

He would turn to Cole. Maybe this was a good opportunity to calm him, in some manner at least. "If I may, Cole, you seem a bit annoyed. Is something on your mind besides Anya? Or is she worrying you? Here," he would reach into his jacket and pull out a grape lollipop, still wrapped up, for him to take. Should he refuse, he would put it back and ask once more if there was something on his mind. If he took it, his smile would turn to a happy grin and he would nod. "Humans have the greatest food. I find it can sometimes help me at least, though, that is usually when I am hungry," he would say.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Noctis was this Attendants, huh? The 3rd year watched as he extended his arm in formal gesture. Cole glared at the extended appendage, back at the Attendant, then down at the arm once last time. He'd shrug his broad shoulders and humor the formal gesture with one of his own. Both their hands collided and the handshaking commenced. While this happened, the Attendant would say something about installing a garbage can. Was he making some kind of horrible joke? Or was he serious? Regardless of this, Cole just looked at the man with a dull exhausted expression. The Attendant continued to speak; attempting to see what bothered the typically happy 3rd year. The man would then offer him a sucker. Cole declined the offer with a simple hand gesture. Even if he wanted to indulge himself on the sweet candy he wouldn't want to put himself through the pain involving chewing and other oral functions. The Attendants last comment got a little cackle out of the 3rd year because he shared the same sentiments exactly. If there was one thing Cole loved more than the sport of prize fighting, it's grubbing down on some delicious food. But that's a conversation for another time.

'Other then being battered and bruised? The situation surrounding Limbo. I'm back at square one and things are still revolving around the girl. Just leave the poor broad alone, ya know? But why am I telling you this? You Attendants don't seem to care all that much in the first fuckin' place.'

His words were a little hostile, but that's how he truly felt.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:54 pm

He would keep the lollipop in his hands, until later. He would probably need it, once he decided to break down and put the stick in his mouth somewhere. Though, he would smile a bit wider once he gave a very loud laugh. Perhaps he agreed with his statement about his food. Or did Cole find him humorous? Either way, it was comforting to Noctis. When Cole would mention being "battered and bruised", an eyebrow would raise, in curiosity. "You got hurt? Did it have something to do with Anya at all? only my assumption," he said. Perhaps he was coming to her because Anya had hurt him somehow? He was interested in some sort of explanation, special or not, as his tendency to get distracted usually got the better of him.

Though, his final comment, about how Attendants did not seem to care, actually did give him pause for thought. And it was one of the only times, Noctis could be seen, giving a slight frown. It actually did make him feel guilty. A part from his research on bonds of humans, he really was doing nothing on his own accord to help the ones who had awakened to their potential. And it wasn't like he was doing it out of malice, if anything, helping them would also help him. But that was the selfish way of thinking, and Noctis was never selfish. And essentially being told that he may be that way, was unfortunate. "Sorry Cole...." he said glancing to the side, his frown apparent, then turning to him. "The Attendants do care to my knowledge. It is why we are here. The issue is...well, I believe many Attendants are unwilling to get too involved with their guests, lest they lose sight of their duties; which to me, seems a bit ridiculous," he quickly added. Surely the best Attendants were those who did get involved, so they could have the best chance to assist their guests. "I promise, the Attendants can be trusted to assist you. Though many are unwilling to go into certain situations with you, but what we do provide is guidance. You are able to trust us, and me as well," he said. Noctis may be a little naive, but he did not want him to have a poor opinion of the people willing to help him. He would nod, his friendly smile returning. He would finally relent and pull out the stick, quickly popping the lollipop he had offered into his mouth, causing his lips to instinctively crunch together at the taste. "...Sour..." he managed to mutter with the candy still in his mouth, with a look of agony that only sour candy could give to him. It was good, but sour is always shocking at the first taste.
Back to top Go down
Cole Sama

Cole Sama

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 am

The Attendants words were convincing, to say the least. But Cole; being the hotheaded and stubborn person he admits to be couldn't accept what this candy loving male said. With an annoyed sigh, a stern glare followed directly behind it.  

"Tch, could've fooled me. We risk our lives by going into that shitty place known as Limbo on little to no information. I put it all on the line for little to no reward, the least you Attendants could do is give us some real fuckin' information."

The 3rd year found himself taking all his frustration out on this Attendant he didn't even know. He was raised better than this; he WAS better than this. He'd avert his glare from the Attendant; another sigh expelling from his plump lips.

"The girl. The rescue was a success as you already know. But the outcome if we would've failed could have been disastrous. I'm talkin' Game-Over disastrous, understand? I just don't like playing russian roulette, is all."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Noctis nodded, listening intently to his words. Cole was clearly upset about not receiving any sort of help, and perhaps rightfully so. For trying to solve the issues and discover who they are, compensation and assistance is easily within his and the Attendants grasp. "Well, once I get my Compendium, consider me an ally in combat for one," he said will full conviction in his voice. He was convinced helping the man would probably get him on the proper track. "As for information, if you wish to know anything of Anya, or anyone in the future feel free to ask. I know for sure three people are trapped in Limbo after being taken by the Shadows. They are stable for the time being, and it seems relatively safe, as safe as Limbo can be to travel near their location," he explained. It was his methods of trying to explain to him that he could tell him information. Admittedly, the information may be useless to him, but it was not without a try. "If you are worried about gambling your life, which you should be, call upon me, and I shall help you," he repeated. He had to think of some way to ease the tension, but nothing condoling was working. "Perhaps you should go talk to Anya to get a bearing on it all," he would finally suggest, hoping for something positive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ★ changing opinions -- [grantus]   ★ changing opinions -- [grantus] Empty

Back to top Go down

★ changing opinions -- [grantus]
Page 1 of 1