Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joseph

Joseph

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] Empty
PostSubject: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 1:28 am

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] Vp7qfc
------------

The morning was cold and desolate at this time of day. He could see his breath clear in the air with each sigh. It was rare for Joseph to be getting up this early. But there was a good reason for it. The last few nights taught him that he was far from ready. The difficulty in the patrols questioned his own abilities. He knew that his upbringing alone wasn't necessarily going to be enough. No one in the family fought demons nor did they so much lay so much of an eye on them after the Divide. As much as he loathed physical work, he was well aware without it he wasn't going to last very long as a Cadet.

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] RlNGITh

"Any dumbass here?"

His voice was hollow and echoed through the empty gym. No one answered. Good. The Cadet advanced inside and looked around. It was huge. Just enough space for the daily calisthenics. In the corner of his eye, there was some equipment laying around. Probably some lazy sorority member not bothering to clean up after himself. He rolled his eyes and just began to take off his shirt. His skin prickled at how cold this place was. But seeing how he was so early and the only one in this place, Joseph just didn't feel like wasting time as he began stretching. By the time he was finished exercising, he would be gone before anyone came in. The Cadet was so sure of that.

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] Aw7hbgF

Oh, if he only knew...

Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 3:04 am

Though the night before was as convoluted and troublesome for her, the day after would bring some solace to the young terrorist's heart. As she often says, "everything is gonna be different by the morning". She wasn't entirely healed from the incursion into Invidia's lair and her own doubts about the role she chose, but standing idle would hardly improve her mood by itself and while the company of her dear ones would cheer her up, Brittany felt like being alone for a while. Not wanting to see any familiar faces for the time being, she opted for the only two options she could go without being spotted or chased down: the pool or the gym, knowing early mornings aren't usually the time people choose to hang around either locations. Thanks to her inability to swim (even if, the fact the pool water was colder at such early hours of the day served as one more reason to avoid the place), it was only natural that her next stop would be the gym, a very familiar meditation place.

As she entered the gym, the girl went straight to the bleachers, dropping her bag there, unzipping it, hands quickly shoving inside and searching for whatever that was on her mind. The cheery tune coming from her earphones (pinkish, just like her hair!) served well to the purpose to distract her. Perhaps a bit too much, as a second presence there was unnoticed to her eyes, albeit only for a brief moment. A sigh of disappointment came out of her lips, and as she took one of the earphones out, her connection to reality came back; with it, the realization she wasn't alone. There was someone else in the gym, someone who possibly thought the same: that no one would come to the gym so soon. Apparently they were both wrong. She should be stretching too, but that would ruin the first fun moment of the day: to watch the guy until he noticed her, only to have a glimpse of the scared/embarrassed face he'd make.

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] WHXidZx
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 am

It was almost like mundane routine doing all these stretches even if this was the first time in this kind of gym. It felt almost good to stretch out these muscles. This was something he would rarely admit to himself. As he continued on his stretches, he absentmindedly ignored the noise behind him thinking it might just be a janitor. Who the hell cared about those dirty losers? He continued to stretch with his back still facing whoever was behind him. But even with this part of the routine finished, Joseph began to turn around. And when he did, lo and behold, the worst kind of bitch was standing there unabashed. He seemed uninterested at first with the preliminary glance. Then reality sunk under his stomach when he realized it wasn't who he thought it was. The look on his face seemed almost frustrated and a tinge of embarrassed. Ultimately, he was shocked at her presence.

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] DtUOzlo

"Shit."

Why of all people did he have to meet this bimbo again? God almighty, did she have to fulfill every stereotype checklists? The look of a cheerleader uniform on her figure almost made him cringe visibly. He quickly scrambled towards his discarded shirt to put it back on. At first he fumbled with the shirt stuck on his head and his arms struggling to get through the sleeves. He was cursing in mutters along the whole way. He managed to fit it on, but on backwards and it was utterly obvious. God, how he must've looked like an absolute loser.

"Uh, morning. You come here early?" he tried to play it off nonchalantly. Hopefully she would just ignore the absolute blunder just now. God, what the hell is it with him and reoccurring meetings with people he was trying so hard to avoid?
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 am

Alright, when Brittany stayed silent to watch the guy (whom she realized to be the one who helped her retrieve her cellphone, Joseph), she had a clear idea of how funny it would be the moment he turned around. She didn't imagine, however, the face he'd make would be so priceless. Not enough to make her burst into a laughing fit (and it's thanks to her current sour mood it didn't happen), but enough for her to draw a smile and snicker at the humorous sight of a flustered Joseph.

Not really. Practice time starts way later for me but I thought it would be good to warm up before everyone else comes... I didn't know I would meet you here, of all people”, she said, trying to keep a courteous composure this time, though the look on her face could indicate, alongside her words, the girl was somewhat impressed. Her behavior and overall tone were much more down-to-earth and much less agitated compared to their first meeting, something Joseph would be able to identify with little difficulties. Her friendliness and certain degree of playfulness in mannerisms, though, remained untouched. “You don't have to stop your training because I'm here, you know. The gym is too big for the two of us anyway, I'm not gonna get in your way. Oh, aaand...”, her eyes seemed to scroll over him from top to bottom, only for her smile to acquire jesting outlines as she pointed to him. Precisely, to his shirt. “You might want to, like, check on it. It's on the wrong way around.
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] S0RfCzX

"Goddammit."

It's an understatement to say his mood soured from Brittany's sudden appearance. There was something off about her, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Was it that she was less jittery compared to their last meeting? At least that stopped, it annoyed him. However, what did annoy him now was his blunder made him look more of a loser anyway. That smirk on her face made his fist feel like kissing with its knuckles, hard. The shirt was backwards and his gambit failed like a multi-car crash. Joseph meekly muttered, "That's fine. I'm just gonna... change. In there. Don't mind me."

He picked up his bag and headed over to the nearest restroom where Brittany couldn't follow her. But even with the door closed, the muffled sounds of movement and angry cursing could be heard no matter how small the sound. Why did this day have to come off so horribly at the start? Did this all start when he decided to be a Cadet? Did he deserve this? All those questions had no real function but to vent a little to himself. His morning was ruined, but he just couldn't leave. He slept in and woke up early. The Cadet couldn't just waste this time just because some bitch showed up.

Joseph finally grudgingly came out of the room. He was attired in a black tank-top shirt without sleeves which showed the muscle definition in his arms again. The black shorts went along with the shirt. His bag was locked up inside the room's lockers. Coming back out, he still felt moderately cantankerous. But he knew it was just better to ignore her and focus on what he came here for. That's why he already started doing squats with the barbell and weights on his shoulders.

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] Ed1m5Im

He quietly swore someone's going to get slapped at the rate he keeps meeting these deplorables.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Once Joseph went somewhere else, followed by Brittany's giggle at how hilarious was his reaction once she pointed out the shirt fact, her attention returned to her initial purpose of being there: the exercises. Adjusting her tiara in her head, she started with bending down so the tip of her fingers could touch her toes. Inhaling, exhaling... restart and repeat multiple times, perhaps too many times she even lost count. At certain point, Brittany forgot what she was originally doing, her mind trailing off somewhere else... to the moments the night before. It felt like a dream. Or a nightmare. Everytime she closed her eyes, the flashbacks were there to be relived. Invidia. Frogerio by her side. The change of attitude. The screams, the firing shots, the loud noises. Their invasion, their decision... Too real, too fresh in the memory that she had to scare herself out of her brief trance and focus on whatever else.

A breathless gasp and she opened her eyes again, in fright. She was at the gym. Stretching as she should be, though it took a short while for her to recognize the surroundings were, indeed, the gym. Good. For a moment, the cheerleader had forgot it, if only the solidity of the ground under the girl's feet reminded her what she was there for. At this point, Joseph had already returned, back to his own workout schedule.

Are you part of some sports club or something like that? Or do you just work out to, you know, get buff?
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 pm

He felt pain in his limbs and shoulders. It was a familiar sensation as he felt his body becoming steadily warmer from each ascent and descent. Each breath was as controlled as they could be. The weight he carried started out heavy, but that's only because he wanted to see how far he could carry before seriously warming up more. Joseph would be satisfied to be kept well alone, but of course the cotton candy-haired bitch has to bother him. He gave a bit of a stink-eye at Brittany's direction. "Hold on..."

Joseph couldn't stop right now. Especially when his knees were cocked half-bent in the middle of a squat. He kept to his routine a little longer, at least until he could feel his muscles begin to give. The bar left his shoulders to hang on the bench with a loud clang. But he did think whether or not to tell her. It wasn't like it was a crime to be a Cadet. He began taking up lying across the bench before picking up the bar again to begin pressing. "Cadet. Just joined them. Gotta get strong to stay alive and do my job."

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] PTVoeTx

His face soured all of a sudden. The thought of her in the Cadets would be a joke that was too much to bear. There's no way a literal milquetoast stereotype could ever join the Cadets, right? Maybe looking down a shotgun barrel wouldn't be such a bad idea, after all.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 9:43 pm

A cadet. A weird gleam run through her eyes that moment, as if she was hit by a truck, noticeable only for a couple of seconds (and chances are that, giving Brittany's awkward position, Joseph wouldn't even notice with so much of her hair down, covering her face; to that, she should be thankful). The moment after, she set her position straight again. Some messy hair strands were still there (to which Brittany made no effort in fixing or controlling) but not enough to block her usual cheery expression.

A cadet. Felt like a dangerous game to play, get acquainted with the enemy the night after committing a crime. Dancing with the devil in the purest definition. “Oh...cool. Like, it's nice that there are people willing to take the job no matter the risks. So that means you're now an authority I should respect? Mister Joseph.” If anything, she'd think the role fit him well. He had been polite and helpful to her the day before, the kind of behavior expected from someone who's in a position of power. Maybe the new job would serve him fine. Still, something about the prospect of turning against him in the future worried her from the start...
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am

There was an odd pause after he answered. But Joseph was busy trying to get through this part of his exercise while Brittany remained silent. He didn't seem to make much of that pause and lacked any care of what she thought about him being a Cadet. If anything, her groveling in front of him would make the cringe any worse. The thought of it almost made him drop the damn thing. The bar returned to the bench after that last rep. He sat up and ran a hand through his hair.

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] D40mTVO

"Don't call me that. I'm just trying to give back to the community."

That was a lie. He didn't give a damn about the useless masses. They were just as expendable as your next piece of toilet paper. But it sure as hell was going to be cool getting to use your authority on people. Why else would he sign up for this godforsaken job? With his hands on his hips, Joseph opted to have a question of his own. "What about you? In some kind of club yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm in the cheerleader squad. We make entering acts whenever there's a game scheduled. Normally we train at early mornings or after morning classes, it really depends whether the gym is occupied by another club or not”, she said, hands running through her hair and bringing the misplaced hair strands back in place. Once they were in place, a pin she kept in the pockets of her skirt was used to set a mildly loose hair bun, only to prevent if from falling down again during the next session of exercises. Apparently Joseph was humble too about his job. How admirable! “Then there's the model business I attend at afternoons... uh yeah, I don't really have the time to be a cadet. But I admire those who do!

Last edited by Brittie on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] 9QJwXKf

"Uh, thanks. It's really nothing to gawk at. We just do our job like everyone else." She was a model? Ugh, great. Joseph could really see that. Pretty bitches just flaunting themselves around for money. It almost made him want to roll his eyes up so much only the whites would show. But that didn't happen for obvious reasons. Appearances needed to be kept up. He began to stretch around a little to let his muscles have some refreshing respite from "Modeling and cheerleading, huh? Sounds like you get busy a lot."
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Huh, yeah, somewhat... I kinda miss having free time, I don't even know if I remember a time when I, like, had the whole afternoon free...” As she pulled her right elbow back towards her head (another one of a basic stretch exercise, bending said elbow so her right hand touch the upper back, a practice she would repeat to the left elbow as well), her usual stare kinda vanished. Almost empty in distance, reflexive even, focusing some random point at the gym's walls. Something was definitely on her mind, but not for long. “But you know, can't really complain, things have gone well for me.” The moment after, she turned again to Joseph with the gentle smile before walking to another point away from the bleachers, but closer to the empty middle of the gym space. “Hey, what about your family? Do they approve of you being a cadet? I bet they are proud, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 8:38 pm

It felt a little odd to hear someone like her saying she had responsibilities. Too many times Joseph witnessed the irresponsible and incorrigible behavior of his peers before stepping foot in Seven Stars. But he shrugged that off and kept his composure. But it wouldn't last long when his expression soured at the thought of his family. "They expected me to be a Cadet. My family has a tradition of every member to be a public servant at some point. Police, firefighters, and military, you name it. We all worked for the public good like that and expected the same with everyone. I'm the first in the family to get involved with the Cadets."

The last sentence in his reply had a soft mark of scorn. But it wasn't at Brittany, for sure. He wondered to himself why he had to be brought up by this family out of every other household around. He began to walk to another clearing away from Brittany to give himself some room as well. To his right hand, a blade suddenly appeared. He began trying out some basic drills while being careful to take note of Brittany's presence. "I certainly don't want to be the first in the family to die in Cadet service either. But what about you? Are your folks cool with modeling?"

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] CE5NMjg
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Deep breath taken, she was ready to do some more aerodynamic, practical exercises now that the warmup session was done. But… there was something odd in the way Joseph said it, something that made the girl stop whatever she was doing to just contemplate him, in a different way than just admiring his way with swords. Considering the piece of information he told her about his family background, it wasn’t really hard to come with a deduction. “Uh…If by “folks” you mean parents, relatives or, you know…family, then nope. I live alone, actually…” “They died a few years ago” would be a more accurate answer, but definitely not the most pleasant one. Regardless of the gruesome underlines of her past, the feeling was still there. The moment before, Joseph had said he wanted to be a cadet to “give back to the community”. Now, it doesn’t feel as much of an altruistic motivation at all… Traditions were never a good thing in the long run. “Okay, but… Is that what you really want? To be the first cadet in your family?
Back to top Go down
Joseph

Joseph

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Even when he swung his weapon, Joseph could still feel an odd kind of intensity from Brittany's direction. He did his best to ignore it and continue the forms with each muscle relaxing and tensing in every movement made. The steel spun in a flourish as he began to re-imagine the demons he once fought in the last prior nights. But there was a curious pause after that one swing during the cheerleader's reply. He didn't really care for much about her own background. In fact, Joseph believed she probably was being a thoughtless slattern who couldn't pass up a chance to get paid with her good looks. Oh no, he just wanted her to leave this place and grant him the solitude Joseph desired. And he wanted it so much more after what else the pink-headed bitch said. "Someone has to be it. I got the luck of the draw and they had me join up."

Of course he wasn't going to delve any deeper into his own motivations. Screw that. Why was he going to share it with some vacuous floozy he just met yesterday? "'Sides. Endymion's finest could use more cannon fodder, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]   Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany] Empty

Back to top Go down

Begone, I Asked For Gains [Brittany]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next