Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) Empty
PostSubject: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 3:39 pm

Lunch period at the academy, and for once Tatum wanted to get away from everyone.  Before, it was alright.  Just find a nice quiet spot and eat her lunch.  She could handle the stares and the rumors and what not.

But now she needed to be as far away from everyone as possible.  The kids her age were bound to come up with new rumors to spread due to her very spaced out behavior.  Kids were apparently very cruel, a fact she was slowly learning to accept.

Older kids might not be better, but there was no rule stating that a ten year old couldn't have her lunch anywhere on campus, right?  So, she walked past the older students, and made her way right to the front.  There were already a few other students of various ages having their meals here, but it was otherwise a relatively solitary place.  It was the prefect place to sit under a tree and be alone.

Alone with her thoughts.

Alone with her.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 12:27 pm

After a productive chat with her new acquaintance Lance, Brittany promised to herself she'd head straight to her agency. She really did, and in her core she wished to be more disciplined and have perfect attendance in the photoshoots. No, it's not like she skips her work on a daily basis, she takes it seriously enough to not act so reckless and risk being expelled from the agency for lack of punctuality. However, the last two days have been extremely tiresome to endure and, to top if off, she spent the entire night doing...things. Terrorist things, completely forgetting she had school the morning after. Therefore, while she had made a vow to meet her manager at the office... She decided to be faithful to her biological needs and claims of rest, and found under a tree the perfect place to take a nap. Or two, three naps, as much as possible until the afternoon.

With her back leaning against the tree's trunk, Brittany's body started to give in, sliding to the side unbeknownst to her. In no time, she had fallen to the grassy ground and, oddly enough, she remained asleep. Not even twitching or shifting her position out of possible discomfort. The bag on her lap, however, followed the fall and therefore the content from inside spread around: hair brush, perfumes, notebooks, pens, everything you can imagine that lies in the glorious alternate dimension commonly referred to as "a woman's bag". "Zzzzzz"
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:31 pm

A tree, a very peaceful tree. It was definitely a tree worth sitting by. With it's wonderful, serene, and most important, solitude, she sat down and called to the presence in her head.

Okay, I know you're in there. Time to wake up!

"Zzzzzz"
Holy crap, I didn't realize you were THAT asleep!

Look alive, other me, that wasn't my z's!

Wait... if that wasn't you, Inner Me... then who- She decided to search the other end of the tree.

There was a girl there, deep in sleep.

Wow, you found yourself a sleeping beauty! Mercury stated casually. I guess this wasn't as private as we thought it was gonna be...

I guess so... darn, I really need the alone time for once... plus... no mask and...

We should draw on her face.

What?!

C'mon, draw on it! You've got a marker! Draw a bunch of dots or a twirly mustache!

Mercury, no! I'm not going to do that!

But you waaaaaant tooooo...

It doens't matter what I want! We're at school! It would be mean to do that while she's asleep! I could get in trouble, then that would cause mom and dad trouble! Gee, hat is wrong with you?!

Okay, okay, when Mom and Dad are brought up, thats definitely important. Still, she's kind of cute, huh?

What are you talking... about... It seemed Mercury was right. After getting a good look at the girl, Tatum couldn't help but find her kind of cute, sleeping there so peacefully with her things tossed over. She couldn't help but blush a little.

Hey, she's sleeping beauty, right? We should draw a "kiss me" sign on her forehead and see what happens!

"Darn it, ENOUGH WITH THE TRYING TO WRITE ON HER FACE!!!!" cried out a very frustrated Tatum, only to slam her hands into her mouth shut. She screamed that rather loudly, after all.

Ooooooh, now you're gonna get it! Mercury thought mischievously of her other self.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm

The resonating voice of Tatum could bring Brittany back from dream land, albeit momentarily. She was still numb in the grassy ground, eyes flapping sluggishly as one hand went to her face, rubbing the eyelids that kept them close. One moment has passed, then two, and the "sleeping Beauty", as Tatum and her persona referred to Brittany, slowly lifted her torso, hands serving as support against the ground, and a lazy "yawn" as a sign of regaining consciousness. "Waaaah...", she stretched her arms upwards, now eyes slothfully open (or should it be "half-open, half-closed?) watching the surroundings, yet still struggling with the reluctance of her sleepy nature to vanish entirely. First to the left, ignoring all her objects tossed around, then to the right...to the very side she spotted this young kid who was sat nearby, under the tree... Brittany didn't remember seeing this young lady here before. Actually, she didn't remember her face at all. Was it a new student? "Huhhh...hiii...uh...hey, what time is it?"
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 9:59 pm

She stared, wide eyed as this one seemed to very, very slowly return to the land of the waking. The entire time, watching her get up, watching her regain an understanding of her surroundings, watching her look at her discarded items, watching her stare back at her, and not once did Tatum remove her hands from her mouth.

It wasn't so much she was terrified of becoming any louder. Far from it. The problem was the fact that she was without an actually efficient means of covering or obscuring her face. For the time being, her hands were the only "mask" she had available to her.

It did absolutely nothing to help with her social anxieties.

"Um... I think it's... lunch period... Um, or did you mean the actual number? T-that would be tw-twelve... please don't be mad!"

For the record, I'm only going to say what you're going to think later... this is absolutely pathetic...

Inner me, not helping...
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 12:29 pm

"Huh...?" Brittany was still glancing at this little child, but her stare was as empty as her sleepy eyes could convey. "..." And another bout of silence meddled in their interactions for a fair share of seconds, perhaps 5, before Brittany's eyes widened suddenly, scaring any hint of dreaminess. "W-wait a bit...! T-TWELVE?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!" Her hands went straight up to her face, as quickly as the girl herself stood up, not really caring about the bag on her lap. As a result, said bag flopped onto the ground upside down. "Gosh, how long have I been sleeping?! It was just a nap, ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!"
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 1:43 pm

"You're getting maaaaaad!" said a panicked Tatum, suddenly flailing her arms in equal panic. "Wait, I can help you get back on track! We'll get you back in time to whatever it is you're supposed to do!"

Thus, in a blind panic, the child rushed to try and help gather up things for the teenager, starting with the upside down bag.

Fun fact, when in a panic, clear thought is often difficult to achieve and requires conscious effort to be able to maintain. As such, people who are panicking and trying to focus, in some cases, are usually mentally drained from trying to be able to keep a clear thought, or emotionally drained from the sheer panic itself, unable to get any form of clear thought at all.

Tatum was, unfortunatly, the latter. She grabbed the bag from it's bottom and lifted it up, spilling the entire contents of the bag onto the ground.

"Fudge buckets!" she cried out in greater panic, "I'm sorry, I'm so very sorry! I can pick that up, I promise, I'll make it up to you, I promise!!! With reckless abandon, she started to shove all of the items on the ground into the bag, including a few things that probably didn't belong to the teen (such a Tatum's sports watch and perhaps a few of her pencils.)
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 11:12 pm

"M...mad...?" Brittany, still up, watched the girl in what seemed some demonstration of surprise. Did she seem mad? Because she wasn't. Perhaps a bit exasperated not because of anything Tatum may have done while she was asleep, or because the girl's loud voice could bring her back from her dreams to reality (in fact, if anything, Brittany should thank her, otherwise she'd lose track of her time and completely skip today's work schedule). The true reason for her freaking out behavior is the acknowledgment of her own fault, and watching the younger pick her things up made her slightly confused. "Huuuuuh...? No no no, I'm not even mad at you!" It was funny spotting someone so concerned about evoking Brittany's wrath when in fact she was someone hard to faze or anger. She could be upset with herself sometimes, but almost never with others. "Woah, calm down, mmkay? You're even starting to sound like me! Totally!" Brittany giggled, kneeling in front of the girl and helping her to pick her things scattered all over the grass back to the bag. In other words, helping her to help herself.
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 1:28 am

"O-oh, so, you're just, I mean, I was, um, I'll just help you finish picking up your things..."

Wait, we talk like her? For realsies?

I was unaware she was able to speak in panic speak...

Heheh, I'm glad you still have your sense of snarky. C'mon, say something sassy! It'll make her smile!

"I didn't realize we spoke the... the same way..." she stuttered as she very slowly calmed down, continuing to help return the contents of the bag to it's, um, bag. "Either w-way, I hope I didn't set you back with that little screw up..."

That lacked any semblance of sass...

Leave me alone inner me, I'm stressed enough as it is!

At least now her panic had calmed down to a nice and even timid. If nothing else, at least now her mind would be clear enough to think things through.

"S-so, are you a student here? I don't often run into older students... though, that's probably because I'm in the earlier grades, so... that probably has something to do with that..."
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am

"Ah, you don't. I mean, I wasn't being literal, it was just...figure of speech, you know?" She didn't mean they were that similar from a first contact. It was a figurative way of speech where she noted how similar their despair was; that's perhaps where her naivety suitable to her age comes into stage. "Yep, I'm a student! You probably haven't seen me around because I'm, like, running here and there always. After the classes end, I have to go to training, and when the rehearsals end, I gotta head to my work and stuff. You know, it's a busy life!" She had stopped picking her things to explain the possible reasons for them not knowing each other. As a social butterfly, she enjoyed any social interactions inside the school to the point she basically knew everyone from Seven Stars. Or virtually anyone, and on the other hand, most students also knew who she was due to her little fame as a local model. This girl, however, must logically be a new student. "Alright, let me check... Perfumes here, my hair brush is here too, my notebook...hmm...my...towel isn't here. Have you seen it? It's a white, very decorated towel with golden details. Like, you can't be missing it!" Should Tatum notice and look the surroundings, said piece was right under one of Brittany's knees, a bit hidden for the easily distracted girl to notice.
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 1:53 pm

"Oh... I'm going to discreetly bury my head under the ground soon," she announced. This... this was why she hated being without her "mask." She does awkward, embarrassing, and often really dumb things like assume someone was getting mad at her or assume they were speaking in the exact same way.

Stupid panic...

The explanation this one gave actually makes sense, logically speaking.

First, the towel in question. She gave a quick look around. It wasn't in an obviously easy to notice location.

"You might want to check your knees... I hear knees like to hide things from people..."

There we go! A tiny little bit of snark! Be bold, be proud!

Be quiet!

Tatum mentally sighed as she continued the conversation, as awkward as it is.

"So, a very busy life... you said rehersals... some kind of TV star? You probably have some kind of fame, maybe. I wouldn't know. I'm so focused on my studies, I don't have time for anything else..."

What about when you're Endymion exploring? Oh wait, you're more focused on exploring than you are magazines and what not. Plus you've only recently let yourself start making friends again, and not a single one has mentioned TV or movies or what have you. To be fair, you've only met them, what, only one time?

I guess I no longer have the excuse now, huh?

Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 6:50 pm

"?" For starters, she didn't get what the girl said about knees hiding stuff from people. As in, knees doesn't even have a will of their own and the girl talked about them like they were rational creatures, or mischievous wild animals. An amusing thought, that's for sure, however a quick glance to her own knee would give away what Tatum truly meant, and once Brittany understand the girl's banter was just a hit about the towel's location, she rolled her eyes and giggled like it was so obvious she must be pretty dumb and distracted to not realize it first hand. "Of course! Duuuuh!" Picking the tissue from the ground, she shook it in the air a few times before it was visibly (only visibly) clean enough to return to her bag. "No no no, I'm no TV star!...at least not yet. But I could, right? Maybe one day some producer will meet me in the streets, eye me and say "you're the girl I've been looking for"! But for now, I'm just a cheerleader, part of the official team here, you know." In her school, her popularity was akin to a subcelebrity in ascension. Naturally, some people would know her even if they have never exchanged words with Brittany, however that wasn't the norm. She was not like Beyoncé whose worldwide fame spreads among all classes to all people from all countries. In a way, she preferred it that way.
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 7:14 pm

"A-admittedly, that would be kind of fun... almost like destiny or something..."

She tried to imagine someone going up to this... cheerleader, she said?  To this cheerleader and trying to recruit her.

"Young ma'am, you're moves on the field, how your charismatic flair captured the spirit of cheer and lead that whole group into such a display of goodwill!  We need you to star in our movie, post haste!"

"Oh my goodness!  I don't know, this is so sudden and all!"

"You will do fine, trust me!"

This is normal, isn't it, you having random fantasies...

Oh let me indulge a little, they're fun!

"So... um... cheerleader, huh?  I kind of envy you for that.  I wouldn't have that kind of courage... nor the time, really."

But think of all the stuff you can use for explorations that you can learn from cheerleading!  I mean, cheerleaders are very agile and limber, right?

Cheerleaders are also NOT allowed to have anything obscure their faces!  I'd freeze!!!

Uuuuugggggh...

Somewhere in the back of her mind, something was trying to call attention to itself. Something that seemed familiar. What was it? For now, Tatum just left it be. If it was an important memory, it will come back on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 11:00 am

"I know, right? But what are the odds? Like, for that to happen I need to be at the right place at the right time!" Anyone who knew her knew Brittany was hardly that type. Sometimes, she even wondered how she managed to be a model if she was such a slacker at times. That and, in all honesty, she didn't aim for a celebrity life just yet. Albeit acquiring a small fame in a rather meteoric ascension thanks to a successful campaign, she preferred to not be all that known. "Envy me for whaaat? Everyone can be a cheerleader if they want to, you know! It's all about how you do it!"
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 12:36 pm

All about how I do it, huh? Easy for you to say, you don't need a mask just to be able to be brave.

"W-well, maybe I'll figure it out someday,"
she thought out loud, trying to imagine what being a cheerleader would be like.

"Tatum, what are you doing! You're needed on stage!"

"NO, NO NO NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

"At least come out from behind us a little, you're supposed to be the top of the pyramid!"

"ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

It would be a disaster. She chose not to think about it for now.

"M-maybe I'll try and catch one of your cheer practices,"
she offered, "At least then I can see what it's... like..."

Her memory was still calling out to her, begging to be noticed.

Okay, what's with this familiarity? Why do I feel like I should know this?

At this point, her mind was tugging at something else, as though trying to use it to trigger the lost memory.

"Gosh, how long have I been sleeping?! It was just a nap, ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!"

Her voice? Now that I think about it...

It does seem kind of familiar...

"Woah, calm down, mmkay? You're even starting to sound like me! Totally!"

It's almost as though...

"Of course! Duuuuh!"

We've heard it... before...

"Picking on young girls is not nice, you know!"

"You get a fireball, you get a fireball, everybody gets a fireball!"

"...Oh my gosh, right! Fill you in! You know, I'd love to, but, like, I have to find that man! You know, the one who gave you the arms or something! He's so handsome, oh my gosh, can't believe he's a terrorist too! Totally gotta find him!"

"You did fine! Like, totally fine! You'll get the hang of it eventually, you don't need me for that, but in case you have trouble, just wait because Pretty Guardian B will come!"

Finally, the memory clicked. In that instant, her eyes went wide as she got to her feet, giving an accusatory point while giving a very exaggerated yelp of shock.

"Y-YOU! You're, you're, you're- was all she could manage before her instincts took over, slamming her own mouth shut.

Yes, I do believe the potential Magical Girl in front of you will appreciate you not giving away her secret identity!

I need to confirm this! I seriously need to confirm this!

She swallowed hard and got close enough that she could whisper to the cheerleader.

"Are... you... by chance... a... a... um..."

It was no good. Without her jacket, she didn't have the courage to ask.

Just ask her.

I can't just ask her! That would be rude!

You're worried about being rude?! You've been rude before!

I don't want to ask her invasive questions, not right now at least!

You've asked invasive questions before. Remember Mr. Hatsuharu? From the Train? Just come out and ask her!

Tatum finally lost her patience with her other self.

"I had my jacket then, Mercury! It's a lot easier for me to be brave when I have my jacket!!!"

Once again, she slammed her mouth shut.

Way to blow your own cover, kid.

"I hate you, Mercury," muffled Tatum through her hands, "So much right now..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)   Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoping to know oneself (For Brittie)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next