Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Moonie

Moonie

A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:31 pm

It was apparent that Newman had accidentally brought to light a sensitive subject for Shun, which was never a good thing to let slip by while on a date. Luckily though, allowing Shun to take the first seat seemed to snap him out of his trance-like state of moping.

Sitting in front of Shun, Newman had to hunch over a little bit to fit into the pod due to his height. HE listened attently at Shun's explanation of what he liked in a man's body, nodding from time to time to let the Kurosawa know that his words were, in fact, being heard. "Sounds a lot like me, wouldn't you say?" Newman smiled. He did fit perfectly into Shun's description though: 1.81 meters tall, slightly muscular and in good shape but not ripped, in his recommended range of weight, always looking out for his hygiene... Shunnosuke had met his match. What Shun would answer in regards to personality, however, would throw Newman for a loop. He certainly wasn't expecting something so simplistic. "Attention and support, huh?" Newman had never thought much about what a potential partner could give back to him, he was always entirey focused on pampering his partners because... well, it felt good! Whenever he'd see the smile in his partner's face after having offered to help with something, having bought them something expensive, or having told them that he loved them... it made him feel like all of his actions were justified, but was it really fair to not give the other party involved the pleasure of giving as well?

"If we're being simplistic..."
Newman began. "...someone who'll let me be there for them is fine."

Feeling that it was Shun's turn to take action, Newman would stay comfortably silent as the ferris wheel took the both of them higher and higher. He'd look mostly at Shun's eyes, occassionally looking through the glass to admire the festival from up above.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 4:07 pm

"Sounds a lot like me". Shunnosuke wasn't really aware of the fact he was probably describing the man in front of him, not until Newman fit himself in the description. The realization made him  turn back to the other, eyes expressing a bit of disconcertment, as evinced by his lack of an immediate verbal response. "Hum, yes, it may sound just like you. Though don't get too confident or cocky, clothes can be deceiving and give the wrong impression about someone's physique..", he would throw back in a jesting manner, a vocal attempt to cover the fact that, alright, he admitted to himself Newman cold be a potential crush. The clothes allegation, while a reliable argument to the cause, was just an excuse to not make it too obvious.

"Hum... What about you? I've said enough about me already, my turn to make questions now. I expect a full report. Physical appearance, behavior, personality, whatever attracts you in a girl!", Shun's mischievous smile broadened, as if taking fun in the talk. He figured making it clear it was a girl would make Douglas more comfortable in formulating a response. After all, so far his orientation pends to the female spectrum of genders, it's only fair. On the other hand, he also felt like a "bro" talking about girls. Considering his only friends were females to whom he could chat about potential male love interests, to talk about girls with a male was...rather weird. Unless it was a diss talk with other gay friend, then it's justifiable.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:33 pm

"Ouch." Newman would exclaim, a mock look of hurt on his face. "And I was really proud of my getup too." The magnate smiled. If anything, the two seemed to have compatible senses of humor. Newman was more immature than Shunnosuke, but that didn't seem to be a barrier in this case. Newman had to admit, Shun trying hard to conceal his interest was incredibly sweet. "Maybe you could give me some fashion tips next time."

"What do I like in a girl?" Newman was thrown off by the word that finished that question. Sure, he'd told Shun that this was his first time dating a man, but it still felt awkward to be asked this question in a context that didn't technically apply to the date at hand... so he decided to modify his answer a bit. "What I find attractive in people in general... would probably have to be delicateness and/or petiteness, when it comes to the body. I don't look for hot or sexy or beautiful in my partners... I just look for cute. All I expect in terms of behaviour is someone who's kind, empathetic, and can appreciate what they have. In terms of personality... intelligence has always been a huge attractor, but creativity and optimism are also pretty great."

Looking through the glass at the fair, now fairly visible from their height, Newman sighed in awe and happiness. "Beatiful, isn't it?" Newman asked Shun in a lax yet charmed tone "So many people putting aside the troubles of their worlds for now, just so that they can be happy..." It truly was a beatiful sight to the businessman. "That's why I became a philanthropist. I want to help people be happy."

Unless Shun said anything in response, Newman would continue to watch the display of joy below him, completely entranced by the satisfaction it brought him.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 9:14 pm

"It'll be my pleasure. Though...you look mighty fine as you are..." Fashion was his department, after all, and Shun was completely proud of it, or he wouldn't pursue a major in Fashion Design in a renowned british university at all. Given his in-your-face personality, Newman could be sure that, if he was badly dressed, Shunnosuke would straightforwardly point it out. Perhaps in a very displeasing and quite offending manner, but sincere nonetheless.

Alright, probably mentioning the female gender wasn't the most appropriate word choice, given the context, though he had the best intentions while he did it, out of simple respect for the other's pace. He learned, perhaps by the worst manner, how to not be clingy and overly pushy when it comes to his partner's limits. Newman didn't seem to mind enough, rectifying shortly the sentence and providing some input that made Shunnosuke reflexive for some time. Crossing his legs and putting one elbow against the knee, therefore leaning forward so the chin could rest on the hand supporting it, the Kurosawa smiled, lifting his eyebrows. "Hum... Say, do I meet the criteria?" It's only fair, no? Newman felt entitled to say he's Shun's type, so the other way around is also valid. At least judging from part of Newman's description of an ideal match. The optimistic and empathetic values in his personality...er, might need some work to improve.

"Hm?" At first confused by his question, Shun quickly got what Newman meant, releasing at first an unimpressed "ah" in response. Though...a second look to outside, the bird's-eye view... The small lights from far above, people from below invisible to the eye, while the buildings got smaller and smaller as the ferris wheel kept spinning, taking both men to the top, the distance from the ground, the silence at the sky... Truly a mesmerizing sight, when was the last time he experienced the opportunity again? "Beautiful, yes..." The outlines of his smile gained a new...tone to it. Similar to when he went to the New Year Festival years before, after a long hiatus. All of this was enough to install the feeling of awe Newman shared. More than awe...he was happy, in the purest sense of it, just like Newman said.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 pm

"I'd say you do." Newman looked Shun up and down and scanned his face. "You're clearly intelligent, you seem to me to be kind, and you've already told me how you appreciate what you have. Though I've never seen anyone eager to be called delicate and petite before." One more chuckle left his lips. "But just for the record, yes. I do think you're cute." He was tempted to follow that up with "for a guy." but he quickly realized that could've come across as derogatory instead of its original intent of complimentary.

As Shun stared happily through the window, Newman couldn't help but stare at Shun himself. The happiness in his eyes was... blissful. Beautiful, even. He would keep this up until Shun looked back at him or spoke to him, at which point he'd quickly look back through the glass in surprise and very slight embarassment. "Sorry." He'd begin. "You're just... surprisingly pretty when you're happy." Of course, everyone looked prettier when happy in his eyes, but this was a different kind of pretty. A kind of pretty that, like most emotions he'd experienced on this date, were familiar to him yet not quite in the context in which they were being presented to him.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Newman reached into his jacket and pulled out a small white box wrapped with a golden ribbon. "Here. It was hard to get my hands on it on such short notice, but it was nothing a few calls couldn't arrange." If Shun were to open the box, inside he'd find a glowing piece of crystalline material in the shape of a butterfly wing. "It's a Plume of Dusk. They're essential materials in creating the sentience of sapient robots and they're ludicrously expensive." He'd chuckle as he said the word "ludicrous". "Nothing my wallet couldn't handle, of course." He'd say, faking a tone of pride and egocentrism in good fun. "Selenus keeps trying to get me to give him some, but I don't know why. Says they might save him or something."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 12:16 am

Being called cute was one thing, a satisfying compliment he could take with a straight face and a cocky smile without letting his guard down, so to speak. But...being called surprisingly pretty was just another level of praise he wasn't ready for. The kind of rare compliment matching the equally rare feeling of genuine happiness. Shunnosuke just stared in quietness and embarrassment at him, until his eyes averted to a different random point, followed by a brief giggle. The comment wasn't unwelcome, no, he appreciated it. But his appreciation was similar to that an undeserving child who was rewarded after doing a bad deed or playing a prank.

"A gift this soon? My, you're truly trying to earn me, aren't you?" He joked, with a mocking face, ultimately picking the white box and placing it over his lap, soon letting curiosity take over his actions and unfolding the gift. "...it's...impressive, yes...", his eyes widened, registering the bright sparkle coming from the "Plume of Dusk", as Newman called it. So far, he was unaware of the in-depth details regarding the creation of sapient robots. And frankly, no, he never had further interest in searching what causes inanimate creatures to walk and develop rationality on their own. Science development might not be his best area of interest, however even Shun could acknowledge how amazing the progress made was. And weirdly, it all lied in a small and single wing-shaped sparkling structure. "Hum... Diamonds are a girl's best friend... and Plumes of Dusk are a boy's..." He chuckled, still astonished and mesmerized by the hypnotic glow. "I suppose I can make my own walking robot now, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 pm

"I don't go on any dates unless it's my intention to keep the other party." He smiled. A lot of people would argue that giving someone a gift that expensive on the first date was a risky move, as it could be interpreted a a sign of desperation or possibly lead your partner to develop an economic depndancy on you, but in this context Newman saw no problem in it. It was part of his chivalry and they were both rich, so economic dependancies weren't an issue here. "I would've gone for a diamond, but that's been done to hell and back. I wanted to give you something only I could give you." Well, he wasn't the only person in the world who could give him one, but he was among the very few.

Hooh boy, Newman wished it were that simple. "It's a little more complicated than that." He chuckled. It was infinitely more complicated than that. "I meant it more as a commemorative trinket. I was hoping you'd keep it as a house adornment or wear it as jewelery, but of course, what you do with it is up to you in the end." Perhaps the glow was too attention-grabbing for it to be worn as jewelery, but it's not like he was the fashion expert here.

Another bout of silence washed over the two, and Newman suddenly became very aware of the little distance between him and Shun. "You know..." Newman began. "I wasn't sure about showing up at first because... well, you're a guy, but I'm so glad I decided to come in the end." The bout of time in which Newman had been trying to test the waters and find the differences between dating a woman and dating a man was over, and he had his anwser:

It was the same damn thing.

Looking deeply into Shun's eyes (partly out of romantic interest, partly out of a lack of much to look at as the Ferris Wheel had begun to bring them back down, and the descent was never as exciting as the ascension), Newman felt the romantic tension rising. He'd wait a little longer, however, before he tried anything. He had to make sure that Shun was feeling ready for a kiss before actually going in, lest he risk ruining the date. This was Shun's moment to give him the green light or the red light.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Wearing it as a jewelry huh? He could work that out. "It'll look better on me anyway." Perhaps a necklace, or a brooch. A bracelet even, all are discreet yet charming options for an accessory. It would attract more attention than most time can handle, but well, if it isn't flashy and eyecatching, it isn't Shun. Besides what would he use a robot for, anyway? He had his maid and chauffeur for anything he wanted.

...Now, the gift was enthralling and all, but not as much as what came after. The car they were in started to make the opposite path downward, though it was not the reason why he felt anxiety taking over his heart. He had to say, Newman seemed like such a flirtatious casanova when they first met, the embodiment of a playboy, but...he was being so sweet that it installed a completely different atmosphere between them. It was...lovely like floating on air, enhanced by the soft descending movement of the cabin. He was okay with the possibility of this first date failing to the original purpose of a romantic date, he wouldn't pry on it if Newman decided he wasn't ready for this kind of involvement. But...what he said was almost like a gift, a better gift than the Dusk even: feeling accepted and approved as you are. "I'm also glad you came, glad to be here with you...", he uttered, returning the eye contact with a composed smile of his own, fingers fidgeting over the Plume's surface. There wasn't much to be said, and while they're both adults, the relevance of the age gap caused Shunnosuke to just stand still, sitting in front of Newman, enjoying the last moments together. Newman was free to reduce the already short distance between them, for it didn't seem like his date would be daring enough to make a move on him alone.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 6:25 pm

Eye contact, smile, fidgeting fingers... the green light had been given. Gently yet firmly grabbing the side of Shun's face, closing his eyes and tilting his head to the right, Douglas closed the distance between them. This kiss, however, was different from the one they shared earlier. The Newman that kissed Shun at the tent was wearing a mask that he used to face the rest of the world: a persona of a charming playboy billionaire who enjoyed having the world and its inhabitants at his beck and call. The Newman kissing him now was the man behind the mask: a humble, kind and sweet man who wanted nothing but the happiness of the world around him. The kiss changed accordingly: This one wasn't raunchy and fierce like th last one, but soft and loving, yet at the same time very much excited to be taking place. It was a romantic kiss.

After what felt like a blissful eternity to Newman (though he was unsure how long it actually lasted), he would pull away. He'd happily run his thumb through the edge of Shun's hair before releasing his cheek. After that, he'd simply stay silent, appreciating what little was left of the ferris wheel ride and their time confined in it.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Instinctively he closed his eyes when Newman came closer, letting himself be dragged away by what the situation. Lips interlocked again, but unlike the previous contact they both shared, this time Newman was less fiery, leading it in a very romantic, tender manner hardly resembling the seductive man from the kissing booth. The kiss was still enjoyable as before, just...in a different manner, in a different pace. So much that, when they were pulled away from each other, it took Shun longer to drowsily reopen his eyes and return his senses to the reality. The awe printed in his face remained, the teenagery nervousness from the moments prior to the kiss...didn't, Newman's lips leaving a composedly charmed smile over Shun's.

"Would your "son" still think I'm a threat now...? You don't look hurt to my eyes", he said in return, not letting the silence linger for longer to the point mutual disconcertment would install and ruin the moment, without saying much as well. Just enough and on point, just like the meeting itself. For a first time, everything was surprisingly...perfect.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 9:41 am

"I may not be hurt, but he'll make up wounds where he wants to see them." If there was one thing that Selenus was, it definitely was not open-minded when it came to Newman's safety. "I'm sure he'll warm up to you eventually. Just give him time." If newman were to be completely honest... the prospect of Selenus remaining this overprotective of him scared him. Not because he thought it would affect his life negatively, but because he felt it would impede Selenus from growing as a person. Now, however, was not the time to worry about that.

As their pod returned to the ground, Newman would allow Shun to exit first, making sure to remain consistent in his gentlemanliness. "I hope you enjoyed yourself in there. I definitely did." Newman would happily look into Shun's eyes, appreciating the moment they'd just spent together. "Oh, I just realized, I never got your phone number." If Shun complied and gave his phone number to Newman, he'd add it to his contacts list on his own phone.

Before Newman could escalate things any furhter, hoever, a canine figure approached the both of them as they walked away from the ferris wheel. "I'm sorry to interrupt your playdate, but you've got places to be." Newman would turn around to find Selenus standing up from a sitting position. He'd been waiting outside of the ferris wheel for the both of them.

"Sele, I told you to wait for me at the other si-"

"I know what you told me, but unfortunately Professor J. should be waiting for us right about now." Selenus would hold up a pocket watch using his tail so Newman could see the time. His eyes widened immediately upon realizing that he was going to be late for a meeting with one of the universe's most brilliant roboticists. Turning to Shun, Newman would scratch the back of his head. "I'm really sorry, but I have to go now. Business calls." He'd give Shun a quick yet gentle kiss on the forehead before leaving, unless Shun stopped him. "I'll see you around."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 10:58 am

Shunnosuke frankly wasn't too concerned about Selenus not appreciating his company. If anything, the robot would have to suck it up. He couldn't control who Newman gets acquainted or, on a deeper extent, involved with. On the other hand, he also didn't want to fight a robot for someone else's heart. This is real life after all, not a sitcom.

"It was...lovely. Everything was, without a doubt", he smiled back to Newman, delighted. Though the whole meeting was rather brief for his tastes, the succession of events presented a steady pace. Romantic, without being pushy on both parts, and respectful. It's been a while since the last time he had an enjoyable time like this, either for his own or someone else. "Unless you have deleted my message or you have a memory problem, my number is already on your cellphone. What's it, old age symptoms?", he chuckled mockingly, making fun of the fact Newman was, for sure, reasonably older. Not that he minded; Shun has always felt more inclined to feel attracted by older guys anyway.

While staying silent most of the time either because of Selenus's presence, his canine appearance (even if the robotic nature stands out more for now, unless he starts barking and growling like a real dog!) or the fact it wasn't his place to speak up, Shunnosuke just sighed, putting on a smile nonetheless. Business is business, and besides, acting demanding and spoiled on the beginning was a way to rush everything and, therefore, ruining everything. "Oh. I understand. We'll have plenty of time to catch up later.", he waved as Newman parted his ways with Selenus. Overall, he couldn't complain. Though their time together had come to an end, there was always next time.

( Exit. )
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 3:20 am

(Newman and Selenus have left the scene)

(End thread.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]   A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Shot in the Dark [Selenus?/Newman]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2