Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Dark Blend [Selenus]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Dark Blend [Selenus] Empty
PostSubject: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 6:09 pm

The hours kept ticking as nighttime started settling in over Endymion, the sky already nearly pitch black out in the less populated areas like East Eden. The majority of people were likely in their homes, catching up on snoozing at this point in time, but stragglers always happen, don't they...?

The tall, darkskinned man was sitting on a branch of a tree nearby the main pathway through the place, almost as if watching over the night silence as a hawk. Well, in theory at least. Keeping the silence wasn't his top priority after all, and anyone who'd happen to walk past during this late hour would likely notice the faint, regular clink sound of metal coming from the spot he was currently occupying. Thanks to the darkness of the night and the leaves of the tree scattered around, the one producing the sound would likely not be all that easy to notice, however. Assuming someone would have an interest in seeking him out right now.

An odd situation to behold indeed...
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 pm

The first error Selenus made that night was underestimating just how long it would take him to walk from the Backlight all the way back to Sunlake Palms. The second was assuming that just because he couldn't get physically tired unless he overclocked, he would have the necessary patience to stand doing nothing but walking all the way through the trip. Needless to say, he did not have such patience. At the very least, J's maintenance had left him with a feeling of freshness that, being mechanical, Sele hadn't been able to genuinely experience before, only simulate.

Walking through the darkness of the nearly empty road, Selenus would hear a faint crinkling sound coming from a nearby tree. Normally he would've just passed it off as a squirrel, but judging the position he'd gotten himself in since last night, he could never afford to assume the best. Switching over from regular sight to scanning mode, Selenus would see a dark-skinned man sitting on top of a tree branch. The way he blended in with the darkness of night was... impressive, to say the least.

...If his thoughts were automatically posted on the internet, he'd have half of Tumblr on his ass by now...

Regardless of the man's intentions, Selenus would simply observe him from the road underneath for now.

Respective Skill:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:11 pm

As luck would have it, someone did actually come by despite how low the chances of that happening were. Of course, it was hardly an issue since the reason the tall man was here wasn't to run away from people or to hide. He was simply hanging out, having chosen the night to do so for currently unknown reasons.

At first, he wasn't truly paying the passeby much mind, but that fact would soon change when the being in question decided to stop walking and stare at him. How nice. Well then, it would be rude to ignore, wouldn't it? Smiling to himself slightly, Gray would put the small item he had been playing with into his pocket as he turned his gaze to focus downwards. For a moment, he would remain quiet, wondering what was he actually looking at. It wouldn't be unusual for an animal to sniff him out, but this one didn't look exactly normal..? Assuming the night wasn't playing with his eyesight.

Eventually, he would just squish the thought, putting it into the back of his mind for now, waving at the odd dog with a gloved hand.

''Hello there...?''
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 am

"Hello there...?"

Selenus chuckled "Hello there yourself. Any particular reason why you're being sneaky? It's not exactly common for people to be hiding outside in the middle of the night." Not that he was anyone to talk, what with having sneaked his entire way here. "Or are you just admiring the scenery?" He could definitely relate to that.

Suddenly noticing the weird look the man was giving him, Selenus would speak up again. "Yes, I'm an unusual sight. Please do not be the umpteenth person to remind me." He understood being uncommon, and even hard to process for some people, but it was still annoying to constantly be reminded that he's not like the rest.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Reason...?

Quite an interesting thing to be concerned about to start with. Whatever actual reason there was behind it, it would affect the future outcome none, wouldn't it? Gray would give the talking canine an easygoing smile. ''Hiding? Is that what I look like? My apologies then. I simply found this an interesting place to hang out at. I suppose you could say it is the latter. The night sky is never a boring scenery to watch.'' And yes, he took notice of the fact that said canine was actually speaking...seeing as he was currently responding to that. It would appear that he was taking that unusual occurence in stride however, after getting over the initial oddness of being started down by a non-human all of a sudden.

His smile wouldn't really vanish even after being 'called out' based on the way he was looking at his new companion, and for a moment he would regard the other in a somewhat contemplative manner, resting his chin against the fingers of his hand. ''Ah, see, I didn't actually plan on addressing that. But you know, by assuming that's what people are about to do, you only help them by actively drawing attention to that particular trait of yours, my friend.'' Indeed, he probably wouldn't have made much of an ado about it. He was very aware other beings than humans existed, even though he didn't actually know much about robots exactly. Thus, there was no need to zero in on it unless the matter was begging to be dealt with.

On the other hand, since he was being given a reason to poke at it a bit...''Since you're bringing it up though....a little caution never hurts, right? For all I know, you could be a demon who wants to try to eat me. And that wouldn't be very nice for me, don't you think?'' The chance was probably pretty low, considering how he didn't really run into demons normally as far as he knew, despite the fact that they indeed lived around Endymion. Yet, one can never be completely certain. As a matter of fact, he was mildly curious as to what exactly this one was, but for now he steered clear of directly asking, having already been slightly deflected before he even tried anything.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Selenus sighed a heavy sigh. Like any other person, he hated when the exact thing he didn't want to happen happened, but he hated it even more when the only person responsible for it happening was him and his big mouth. "I suppose you're right. Sorry, it's... it's just getting to me lately." His tail would swish from side to side as he spoke, partly out of anxiousness, partly out of his own mechanical version of the human necessity to stretch. "Please. I'm no demon. I'm a robot with a virtual intelligence. Call me Selenus." How many people had he commented those same words to? Eh, not like he had too many other ways of introducing himself; If he tried to introduce himself any other way, people would probably get the wrong idea of him.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 3:53 pm

This one really didn't like being called out on what he was, hm...? Wasn't that a rather tricky ground though? It's only expected that people would wonder one way or another, for it isn't something you see everyday. ''Hm...'', his gaze would wander towards the night sky for a brief moment before returning back to his odd new companion. With a faint smile, he would hop down from the tree, brushing his clothes off in case of some stray leaves sticking to him. Once done, he would speak up. ''There's no need to apologize for that. I'm not going to take offense to such a small misunderstanding.'' Could it even be called that? It was hard to pinpoint what was the true cause right now, besides the...well, elephant in the room? ''Selenus it is then. Nice to meet you.'', he would nod. ''If you don't mind me asking...why is it that it stresses you out so much when people point out you're different? Being unique is not always a bad thing. A lot of people would willingly go quite far just to be recognized for their differences.'' Aside from the fact that stressing over something nearly unavoidable will never make you happy.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 pm

"It's a personal matter." Was all he would reply to the man's first question. He didn't really feel like going over the whole "Never going to be human" deal with someone he'd just met a minute ago. After hearing the remark he made following the question, Selenus would sigh before replying. "People who don't stand out want to be different to the point where they'll lie about themselves to others and even themselves, yet people who aren't par for the course will do anything in their power to fit in and be accepted. I suppose the grass just has a knack for being greener on the other side of the fence, eh?" That being said, Selenus wasn't exactly innocent of envying the people on the other side of the normality front. "I don't think I caught your name."

Last edited by MoonMoon on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:30 am

''Noted.'' Even though for an apparent personal matter, it comes out into play pretty easily. Which could turn out to be bothersome in some situations. After all, he didn't even need to actually try to do anything special for it to come down to this, which does say quite a lot when you think about it. Gray would study the robotic canine as he heard the following words, a slight wistful smile on his face. ''I'd prefer to call it the power of perception. But you are right, people are known to envy that which they do not currently possess. Perhaps it is a paradox in a way. Wouldn't it be better if they learned to be proud of who they are instead of constantly wishing to be who they are not, though? Changing yourself according to your dreams is not guaranteed to make you truly happy in the end.'' There is a chance...but if you're just wishing to be a certain way without actually knowing what it would truly be like..can you be sure you won't regret wasting the energy on getting there once you get a real taste? That's a philosophical question for another day though. ''Ah, my bad. You can call me Gray.'' Guess he got a bit caught up in the strange topic on hand...
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 9:30 am

Selenus would consider the man's words before replying. "Yes, it'd be ideal for people to simply take pride in who they are, but unfortunately life isn't that simple." Selenus would comment as he approached his new acquaintance "Unfortunately, the pursuit of happiness isn't that easy. Sometimes you just can't bring yourself to feel pride for what you are or what you've done." He'd hang his head slightly low "I'd know." He muttered in a depressed and quiet, yet not entirely unhearable voice. He knew perfectly well that the easiest way to happiness was to simply extract happiness from whatever you had at hand, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't bring himself to do that one, simple step towards joy. "Well then, nice to meet you, Gray." He commented, breaking out of his temporary moment of sadness.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Good question. What would life be like if it were easy in all aspects? That's one nobody has and answer for. ''It's...not simple no. But nothing is truly impossible. Perhaps all one needs is some time to find out a reason to take pride in themselves. Everyone can be important in their own way, no matter who they are.'' It wasn't a given, but if you tried hard enough...there was always something that could be done to make you matter in the world. Or at least wherever you live. ''If it was too easy, there would probably be no real worth behind anything you manage to gain.'' It means more when you accomplish things yourself, even through obstacles, right? Regardless, Gray would keep a calm, easygoing manner with this talk. He did notice the other was sad over this..but well, being in the dumps as well would likely not help it. Double gloomy mood is only that much heavier. ''Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you at such a time of day. Or night, I should say.'', he would respon with a faint smile.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:01 am

"I suppose that holds true as well." Selenus's mind redirected to his earlier conversation with Nola, wherein he discussed a similar topic. "The tricky thing is that relevance and importance can be achieved without pride, and as far as I'm aware, it's real easy to screw up and lock yourself in a state of prideless fame." It was no secret to people who were familiar with basic psychology that if a big enough goal is achieved too easily, or if the goal has one separated from their status quo, the end result of that goal would be anything but joy. "It's lonely at the top." as it were. Fortunately for Selenus, his peculiar situation ensured that he most likely would never descend into such a state.

"Likewise." He greeted back sternly as he approached. He'd jump up onto the branch where Grey had been sitting and sit himself. "So, where you doing anything besides admiring the night sky before I came along?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:40 pm

''That..is possible, yes. Life is never too straightforward, is it? But if there is a way to screw up, there must be one to correct things as well. So, not everything is completely lost forever even if you happen to hit the rock bottom somehow.'' Anything and everything can happen in today's world, and in many cases, all that was left to do was simply keep walking forward in attempt to make things right. ''Although, I'd say fame is rather overrated nowadays. Sometimes it's much better to not be extremely well known wherever you step.'' A wonder how all those popular people even deal with it. Sounds like an annyoing addition to one's days.

He would turn around to face Selenus who had now decided to occupy the tree instead of him, thinking for a short moment before responding. ''Not really. I haven't found anything very interesting to do out here just yet aside from watching the scenery. It's pretty empty at night after all.'' What do you do on your own at a place like this during the night? There aren't many worthwhile options.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 1:55 am

Selenus's mind smirked. "Simply because the night is devoid of people doesn't mean it's devoid of opportunities." Nice one. "I like to roam around Endymion at night. Nighttime gives every corner of the city such a different feel, that sometimes I forget I'm looking at the same place but on different times of day. The lack of people, the sounds of nature, and the moonlight make everything more interesting to admire than during the day." He said as he gazed longingly at the moon. Mind you, there were some exceptions, such as the Suzie-Q district. "What about you, Gray? Have you ever stopped to appreciate nighttime's effect on the city, or are you more of a daytime person?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Blend [Selenus]   Dark Blend [Selenus] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Blend [Selenus]
Page 1 of 1