Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Empty
PostSubject: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:19 am

Sun, the trees, and a slight breeze barely scathing your skin, just enough to make you feel all wuzzy and awesome on the inside, like a human shaped lava cake!

It was a perfect day for a stroll. And stroll Frog did, with his dog, nonetheless! His big dog, the beast had nearly 80 kg, but he was a goodie, a gentle giant. Either way, Frog was enjoying himself, every once in a while looking down at the phone in his pocket to check for any possible updates, which rarely came.

At some moment, though, his dog seemed to have sensed something, as he raised his snout and began sniffing at something unknown to Frog. There were people around them, he probably just noticed some other dog. Although... he was never the one to sniff around with such intensity and vigor. Frog stopped and pat his dog, who finally seemed to have located what he'd been sniffing and began staring intently right to the front of them. Whatever he felt, the two would let it pass them by, just in case to avoid any possible dogfights with some nervous, barkative pup on the street.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Eavesdropping: One of Selenus's favorite passtimes. Well... it was more of a self-imposed duty rather than a passtime. Every day Selenus would hide and eavesdrop on passing people to gather information on possible next targets; it was definitely more efficient than it seems at first thought. This particular morning Selenus was hiding inside of a bush... well, a fern acually. An unusually large fern, large enough to hide Selenus's body. The people passing by hadn't really dropped anything useful from their mouths, most of them were talking either about personal matters or last night's psyche terrorist attack. Nothing that could help him track down a "victim" of any kind.

After roughly an hour of eavesdropping, Selenus heard the agitated barking of a dog; and by the volume of the barking it was a big dog. He initially ignored it, but then he noticed that not only was the dog barking, it was staring directly at him. Oh crap... not good. This dog could potentially give away his position, and then he'd need to find a new hiding spot. Shit was tedious...

Selenus's tail flew out of the fern and grabbed the dog's jaw and nose like a muzzle, pressing with enough strength to close its mouth, but not nearly enough strength to deal any sort of damage or even induce pain. Hurting an innocent animal would be unprecedented. After his tail, he poked his head out to look up at the owner of the dog.

"Please keep your pet under control, I'm trying to conduct espionage over here. Emphasis on trying."

With that statement, all of Selenus's body parts retreated back into the fern. On second thought, perhaps directly addressing the dog's owner wasn't the best of ideas. He trusted that the common person would be too confused to try and tell anyone else of such a sudden event, but... still; he could've done that better.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyFri May 13, 2016 4:58 pm

"...buf?" Titus Maximus the 1st, royal great dane of the Sunlake Palms suburbia, barked meekly as the tail shot out of the bush and gripped his snout, albeit, still tenderly enough not to hurt him. It mostly just confused him, and confused him enough to make him shake his booty and almost knock poor Frog off his feet. Frog himself didn't know what to think. Really? A dog robot popping out of a gigantic fern..? So... anime. It made him snicker, almost laugh to himself. And he would've, had that sensation not been mixed with a bit of confusion and rage at the thing for grabbing his doggie, and, of course, quite a lot of surprise. Sure, technology was growing ever more crazy nowadays, but this was new. Especially the way it acted. Conducting espionage... And nobody treats his dog like that, robot or not. "Yeeeeeeeeeah, not buyin' it." The boy grinned at thin air. Stupid little... "Hey, why'd you went back into your bush, come out, out, now! I'm talkin' to you! Sit, sit!!!"

Titus Maximus sat. "Buf."
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:11 pm

"Excuse me?" Selenus stepped out of the fern to look the boy straight in the eyes, then joined the three wires of his tail to form a sort of sharp mini-spear and pointed it at him, more with an intent of scaring than of harming. "Tell me to sit again. I dare you. I dare you!"

...It just now crossed Selenus's mind that he may be overreacting...

Selenus retracted his tail and placed it neatly behind him, then he addressed the boy once again. His eavesdropping had already gone to shit, might as well try to sincerely apologize.

"I apologize. Being treated like a common dog makes me... unreasonable. Your pet interrupted... personal business of mine, so I reacted as protocol dictates. My name is Selenus, and you are..?"
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyFri May 13, 2016 7:19 pm

"Huh!? What the banana..!?" Frog stepped back, pulling Titus Maximus with himself, as the robot shot up from the fern and began shouting at him. Seriously though, some scary stuff! He hadn't gotten a good look at it through the fern so its true visage had been a mystery until now. The thing was both big and intimidating with its design! Let's not even mention all the spiky parts! Looked like if he tried to pat it like he did his Titus Maximus, he'd prolly cut several of his arteries before even making contact with the spikiness. Caught off guard, he stepped firmly with his back foot and raised his hands in defense. "I-I call upon the laws of robotics!" He immediately retorted, trying his best to look as intimidating as he could when facing the threat of getting impaled by a eccentric robotic dog's tail extremity. "Ye shall not hurt m-e... Oh."

This was getting really... Let's use the word 'interesting'. No, let's actually not. The whole situation was really almost comical, except it was actually happening. And he had been threatened! That's one number off his 'to do' list! It really got his blood pumping too, without any consequences, as this robot seemed to have realized he'd gone too far in 'following his protocol'. "Right, right! Titus, apologie yourself!" Frog ordered, not ready to apologize on his own as frankly, he did nothing wrong. This was all looking more and more like some prank. He bet if he looked hard enough, he'd be able to find a hidden camera somewhere around them. Titus Maximus whimpered faced with such a odd looking dog and laid down in submission. "Awwww, sure, I'll keep you safe, you lousy dog! Even though it should be the other way around."

Another sure, he was gonna play along with the prank. "Anyways, my name is Frog and this is Imperial Caesar Titus Andronicus Maximus the 1st." The Frog gestured towards his dog. "We're pleased to meet you, right, Titus?"

"Buf!"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySat May 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Right... well then.

Selenus felt as if the problem had already been solved, but... it crossed his mind that if he let this boy go so easily, it would be highly likely that he'd spread rumors about him. Being noticed was the last thing Selenus needed right now... or ever.

In a desperate attempt to keep Frog from leaving, Selenus employed the last thing he thought he'd ever be employing to protect his anonimity:

Small talk.

"You don't have to make your dog apologize. I nearly broke the first Asimovian law, and again, I apologize for that."
Well, he'd already broken it plenty, but Frog didn't need to know that. "If you don't mind my asking though, how come-" Selenus stopped mid-sentence when he realized Frog's eyes were darting around, almost as if looking for something that could confirm or disprove the legitimacy of the situation. This wasn't the first time people had disbelieved his sentience. It was the first time in over six years, but it wasn't the first. "I can assure you this is not an overly-ellaborate joke of any kind. Feel free to search the area for cameras, it wouldn't be the first time I've had to allow confirmation time"

And with that out of the way, things became unbearably awkward. Frog would have to have a lot of questions though, right? Please for the love of all that is good, let him have questions! Not too intrusive questions though... If only Selenus were able to get friendly enough with Frog, it would be possible to ask him to keep everything he saw a secret without it seeming like he had been doing something he shouldn't have been, but it would certainly be impossible to get close enough on chit-chat alone, considering he had already run out of small chat fuel.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:18 pm

"Yeah right, because it's supposed to be normal for sarcastic talking dogs to be walking around town!" He wasn't stupid enough to believe such a thing! Hah! Even Titus had to have seen through the disguise! Tell me, boy, is this a real robotic canine? Surely you would know! Frog stared at his dog's eyes with a slight anticipation. When the dog tilted his head, Frog jumped up and clapped his hands with a stupidly victorious grin. "Buf?"

"I knew it!" He shouted as he pointed at the supposed robot dog. "Titus's reaction says it all! There must be like, what, at least 20 cameras set at all possible angles around in the trees? You're filming one of those 3D crap videos you tilt your phone while watching and the picture also tilts, am I right? I am, ain't I? Ahahaha!" Meanwhile, Titus watched the scene with a confused look. Better step up before his master makes a total fool out of himself.

"Buf... BufBufBuf!!!"

"Hmm? Hey, Titus, wait!" The dog broke free of Frog's grip at the moment the boy loosened it to bask in his own egoistic fantasies and ran over to Selenus. He pushed his flappy, drooly snout straight into Selenus's crotch and began sniffing furiously before starting to jump around his interesting, metallic new friend, wagging his tail as the leash dragged behind him. "Buf!" He barked enthusiastically as his master observed in shock.

"Titus!!!"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:03 am

"W-Wait, no! I'm not-"

Out of all the situations the robo-dog ever thought he'd find himself in: "Being unintentionally molested by a dog through being mistaken by a dog himself." Was near the very bottom of his list. Even if Selenus had no genitalia or sexuality to speak of, the act of getting his hind-leg-riff sniffed felt indecent at best.

Before Selenus could ponder whether or not he felt violated, Titus started bouncing around him like a diabetic child that drank Monster thinking it was soda. Selenus recoiled slightly, trying not to accidentaly collide with the dog, but unfortunately for him Titus was not having any of that. Trying to exit the circle of motion Titus had basically trapped him inside of, Selenus jumped to the side so he could have some space to deal with the creature. Unfortunately, Selenus was too distracted by the Dog's movement to time the jump properly and... well...

*THUD*

Dog and robo-dog collided in the air. Selenus's frame was actually much lighter than one might think, designed specifically to improve stealth. When compared to the weight of an actual large dog...

"...Hello floor, my old friend..."

Selenus stood up on all fours to recover from being slammed into the ground. He ran his tail over his enire body to make sure everything was in place:

Hind-Leg junctions:Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Apply
Barrel attachments:Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Apply
Front-Leg junctions:Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Apply
Vertebrae:Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Apply
Left Audio-receptor Protector:Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Apply

Right Audio-receptor Protector: ...

...Where was his Right AP?

Selenus looked at the ground beside him to find his right Audio-receptor Protector, the part of his head that resembled a wolf's ear, detached with its bolt laying next to it; leaving his right audio-receptor exposed to the elements. As fast as he could, Selenus grabbed it and started to screw it back into place. It was at that moment that Selenus realized he hadn't had maintenance in over four years, and most of his bolts were probably rusted. He made a quick, urgent mental note to seek out any mechanics experienced with K9 units.

Selenus turned around to address Frog as he finished screwing his ear back on. "I'll say it again: Please keep your pet under control." At the very least, Frog had no way of not believing him now, and this was probably enough of an event to spark enough interest for Selenus's goal.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:39 pm

"Buf!?" Titus shook his head in confusion as he collided with his newfound friend before recoiling a few steps back. He barely felt the impact. It was exactly like playing with his friends at the park!!! Suddenly, he felt a powerful urge to run over to his metallic buddy doing something strange on the ground, ready to pounce him up and play a bit, when he felt something pulling away at his collar.

"Titus! No!" Frog caught his dog's leash and pulled back at him, the choke collar pulling away at the dog's muscular neck with proportional force and stopping him in his tracks. "Sit! Sit! Sit!!!" It took a few attempts for Frog to finally get his dog to sit down, but, when he did, Titus not only sat, but, feeling scolded, laid down and watched his master with eyes pleading for forgiveness.

Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Sd_by_ninjacyndaquil-da2y6oi
"..."

On the other hand, Frog didn't have time to deal with his dog any more than he already had. His nerves thankful at Titus for listening to the command, Frog sighed in annoyance, kneeled down, began rubbing his dog's torso (at which Titus was most pleased; his master had forgiven him!!!) and looked over at Selenus. "..." Something from his head fell down. Sure, he could've disregarded it as Selenus just being remote-controlled, and, initially, he thought so, but... His mind thirsty for anything that broke the norm of everyday life, it swayed Frog to came to a biased conclusion that Selenus was a real robot dog because... Well, the movements he, or like, it made were complex enough to guarantee remote control would be impossible at such a high level. Frog grinned. "Eeeeeh, excuse Titus again, but more importantly... Hah, you really are a robot, ain't ya?"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Selenus was more worried about whether or not he'd hurt Titus. There was something about the big ball of dog that made Selenus like him. Guess that's just the effect animals have on sapient beings. Selenus's tri-wired tail gently pet the top of Titus's head like a head-scratcher, hoping to let it know the collission wasn't intentional.

"I've been trying to prove that for a while now. I'm a custom built K9-Q36i unit. We were mass produced by the military a few years back for black operations, but our production was discontinued five years ago after the Eternal Divide. Their excuse was having to cut back on expenses to fund what would now be the cadets, but... I don't think that's the only reason. I'm an experimental unit, however. I'm the only one that possesses a human mind and conscience."

Selenus's tail paranoidly swiped past his right AP to check it was still there. "I'm sorry you had to see that. I haven't had maintenance in a long, long time, and I don't exactly have any money to hire a mechanic."
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:09 pm

"Buf..." Titus wagged his tail at the two patting him. Both of them were patting him, both his master and his new friend! Even though he'd pushed him while they were playing... He was nice, this new dog.

"The Eternal Divide, eh?" Frog raised an eyebrow at the notions the robotic dog uttered. Black ops and such bullshit didn't really interest him, nor did the cadets, those blasted poo-poo heads he totally wasn't jelly about! Nope, nope, not jelly!!! Human mind and conciense... Well, with what they all knew, it wasn't so hard to believe, now that he thought about it, buuuuuuuuuut, he'd still probably have to call bullshit on it. Robots can't experience the world the same as humans, like, for instance, squids can't either, though they're much much closer to attaining it as actual living beings. If this thing had any conciense, which it kind of did project, though it was iffy, it was 'robotic-dog mind and conciense', not human. "You mean like, that last actual interesting thing that happened in this crappy boring world?"

He kept patting Titus as he observed Selenus. He didn't mind the fact the thing was falling apart. Nono, not in that way. Like, it didn't bother him that he needed Selenus to apologize about it. "Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, so then, who'd built you? Can't you go to them?"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm

"You mean like, that last actual interesting thing that happened in this crappy boring world?"

Selenus pondered those words for a minute. While he didn't exactly condone mass tragedies, he had to admit that after then, his life was... to put it bluntly: Shit. Maybe Selenus missed the battlefield more than he gave himself credit for. Either way it was true that since he was dismissed from duty his primary source of joy had shifted from going on missions to spending time with Newman, and once that was taken away from him as well...

"You have a point. It's unfair that only a portion of people get to lead interesting, entertaining lives and others don't. I can't deny that I enjoyed the adrenaline I felt that day."

The instant Frog asked the following question, Selenus became noticeably sad. "I was created by a team of specialists that has since then been disbanded. Even if I tracked them all down, they'd most likely still ask for payment. The only man who would repair me for no price... isn't... isn't available." Selenus's voice faltered during that last statement. Few things made Selenus visibly sad; talking about his master was one of those things.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Frog's face gleamed white as he grinned. "I know, right!?" He said, the sudden burst proning him to straighten up from kneeling, which, in turn, proned Titus to get up as well and start wagging his tail at his master expectandly of playing. However, Frog didn't have time to play with him. He pat him again and scratched under his chin, but kept his eager eyes on Selenus. "Like, if anything like that were to happen again, it'd be totally raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad-wait. You say you felt adrenaline?" How did that work on a robotic dog? He probably refered to a rush, not the actual compound, but still... 'Robotic-dog brains' maybe had that function, or something that tricked their 'robotic-dog minds' into thinking they're feeling like that, then. "Actually! Ahem! Neverming that." Frog gathered his composure.

Damn, he should've figured there'd be a whole team working on such an advanced and experimental unit. Too much games and shows, apparently. As his master pondered on such stupidities, overlooking Selenus's sadness, Titus noticed it and began whining at his friend, pulling at the leash in Frog's hand. "Nono, Titus, I don't wanna have you get scratched on any of his pointy, rusty parts!" Frog pulled him back, but Titus was determined to get to Selenus. And when such a big dog decided something, there was no stopping it. With a strong jerk, Titus once again broke free and ran over to Selenus to start licking his face, all the while whining comfortingly. "Buf..."
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySun May 22, 2016 5:10 am

Well... the affection wasn't exactly unpleasant. "I see your dog is very fond of me. I don't exactly protest to the affection, but once more: Please try to keep him under control."

It seemed to Selenus that at this point it would be prime time to proceed with his plans. Stepping out from below Titus, he walked up to Frogerio and spoke up once again, this time in a more determined and direct tone. "Listen, Frog. I would appreciate it if you could keep word about this to yourself. From one individual trying to find his own way of making life interesting to another; please consider that if anyone catches word of this my activities will be ruined and I'll be force to go back to having literally nothing to do. At all." Even if Frog refused to keep it a secret, Selenus was ready to employ more drastic measures if the need arose.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) EmptySun May 22, 2016 6:40 am

"Titus, you see you're bothering him!" Frog went over to grab Titus's leash, but, strangely enough, the dog came back on his own, saddened a bit but realizing that, right now, he couldn't do much to make the other one happier. "Hmmm. Alright, can't complain."

Now then... Secret activities. He did feel a bit sorry for the thing. He knew what it weant to have no point in your life to strive to, so he could empathize, even if he wouldn't show. "Don't tell anyone about what, hehe. Today was as boring as any other day!" He said with a slight wink and a grin. "Now gogo, hurry into your little bush, Titus and I'll be on our way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)   Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus) Empty

Back to top Go down

Who let the dawgs out? (Selenus)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next