Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) Empty
PostSubject: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 1:28 am

Snow would stretch as she stood outside of her tent. The early morning air was nice and crisp, the sun not quite out yet as the wanderer let out a yawn before letting her arms drop to her side as her honey brown eyes looked around the woods she had hidden out in for the night. It was as peaceful as always at this time day. Peaceful and relaxing. That was the way she liked to start her morning. With an appreciative sigh, she would wander off to a more private area of the woods to take care of some personal business before finding the river to wash off in. Once she was done with her morning ritual of getting ready for the day, she would head back to her tent to prepare breakfast.

Her breakfast was a simple one of: a slice bread, dried meat, and a few grapes with a nice cup of water to wash it all down with. As she ate, she’d watch the sun rise taking the day in one breath at time. She would spend about an hour simply relaxing before moving to pack up her camp. Making sure to clean dishes and store her tent just right, the woman would put out the fire she had created making sure to thoroughly kill it so no random forest fire would occur.  With her bag ready and the surrounding area safe from flames, the woman would place the pack on her back before beginning her move from the forest and back into the real world. She would walk for a long time with only the sounds of nature surrounding her as she moved. She didn’t mind the quiet. In fact, she enjoyed it as the sun graced the earth with a pleasant warmth and the skies above remained clear and blue.

It was simple things like this that caused Snow to prefer the outdoors to being inside; however, it looked like she would need to head to the jungle known as the city to make some money today and perhaps some more days depending on how bad sales were. Her stash of cash had been getting low, so it was time to refill it before it hit empty. And the only way to refill it was to head into the city. Her sleeping spaces would be odd for she was use to sleeping in a tent, but being in the city for a bit meant she would have to sacrifice that luxury and sleep in an inn until she had enough money to go out on her own again.

It was a minor annoyance, but simply the way life worked. Without money, she couldn’t buy the stuff needed to stay alive on the road. It was as simple as that. So the woman would continue her walk to the city where she would perform her job as a merchant this round.

As she walked her paths went from quite to a bit more congested with people as she entered the city under the mid morning sun. Making sure not to stay too long in the more crowded locations, Snow would head to Sunlake Palms where she first made a stop to the local inn to get a room and also to square away her bag. Once that was done, she would head back out to explore this the quieter section of the city. She wanted to give it a good look around to determine just where she would perform her business later on in the night.  To explore her options of where to set up shop, she took to wandering the place at a casual pace. She would wander the streets and pass through a garden that took her into a quiet residential area. Slowing her walk, she would move through the peaceful shade of the area wondering what sort of people rested behind the doors she passed. She would continue to walk until she came to a fork in the road that left her with choices of going back, going right, going left or going forward. To her left and right were more houses and the straight path seemed to eventually lead out of the area. She wasn’t going to be backtrack any time soon so the pathway leading back the way she came was out of the question. So now she had three choice. So…what did she want to do?

Exploring the residential area further would probably not help much in finding the ideal location for her shop, but at the same time knowing a better lay out of the area could be helpful down the road. On the other hand this could be a perfect excuse take a break from location hunting for a bit…Hmm? What to do?

Debating, she would stand in the grass alongside the side walk to stay out of the way of any foot traffic that came her way as she pondered what she preferred to do: continue exploring or push forward in finding an ideal shop location as soon as possible…

Last edited by Deshi on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Usually, Gray liked mornings just fine. Maybe a bit of a pain in the ass on those days when you just don't feel like getting up from your bed, but otherwise they were a nice start. However, this particular morning was everything but the desired chill and calm time he would have liked. Why? Well, there is this thing called 'neighbors'. Especially ones who have kids that know how to be extremely bothersome at the worst moments ever. On the other hand, maybe he should be questioning his own sanity as well, for having decided to not bail from their victinity right away before things could go wrong. Children are lovely......right....?

Thankfully, he did manage to escape the buggers eventually, in lieu of a sudden change of plans to go for an improptu walk. Which was honestly just an excuse to get away and contemplate his current state of misery. He sure looked the part as well, his white jacket slightly torn at around his right shoulder and his dark brown hair obviously more messy than it should normally be. And he certainly did feel like he just went through some sort of meat grinder. Kids these days can be wose than demons sometimes. Seriously, he would probably have done better against a demon.

That said, he found himself aimlessly wandering around for a while, not quite settled on a follow up plan of action just yet. At the very least, there weren't all that many people around to see him looking like he had been in a fight or something, aside from that one odd woman who appeared to be busy thinking however. And Gray wasn't really paying her much mind right now, still a bit preoccupied with his predicament, a mildly exasperated expression on his face as he absentmindedly tousled his hair further, muttering to himself.

''I wonder how much more do I need to look like a thug...''
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 2:15 am

The dark haired woman would continue to think as a nice breeze passed through the area causing her Rapunzel like locks to shift a bit as the band at the end struggled to hold it all in place. She was still debating about which way she should go with her exploring and probably would’ve settled on a direction, if the sound of someone walking hadn’t drawn her back to the present.

As she heard the footsteps, she would pause in her thought as she let her right hand fall from her chin and come to rest on top of her bandaged left arm that was crossed right under her breast. Her honey brown eyes would drift to the sound of the footsteps and take notice of the man that was walking there. He was a good looking fellow with dark skin and dark brown hair wearing an outfit of white that probably had seen better days. Right now it looked as if the outfit and perhaps the man himself had gotten into a bit of trouble with something to get them beat up like that. While Snow most certainly couldn’t tell exactly what happened, she saw the signs of some form of struggle on the guy...and with it being so early in the morning she found the sight quite odd. What on earth did he do to get like that before noon?

The situation was indeed peculiar. Even more peculiar as the other seemed to move towards her muttering something. For a moment, she would not say anything waiting until her's and the man’s paths had crossed before speaking out in a rare effort to engage with something that caught her attention.

“It seems you are having quite the day already. You going to be okay?” she would ask as for the moment she put shop location hunting on the back burner. As she asked her question her face would remain serious as she watched the other to see what he would say or do as she eyed the tear in his clothing before moving her eyes to take in the rest of this strange man.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Seeing as he was definitely not attempting to draw the female's attention, the reaction was actually highly unexpected. Yes, he looked like he got a little roughed up perhaps, but not nearly enough for him to look like he needed help or anything. At least, he did not think he gave off that kind of vibe. And while he was perfectly fine with social interaction, it wasn't usual for strangers to speak up to him like this.

Gray would stop in his tracks, his hand falling from his hair as he turned his head to actually get a good look at the blonde female he had previously paid little attention to. For a moment, his expression would be more so unreadable as he considered how to approach this situation. Soon enough, it would turn into a polite smile as he nodded at her. ''Yes, I am very much fine, miss...?'' There were plenty things he could say right now, but he opted to keep it simple to start with, until he knew if she had any other reasons to stop his walk aside from a random spike of concern. He didn't think he had seen this woman around here before though....
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:58 am

Honey brown eyes would watch the guy as he came to a stop not seeming to be bothered by the unreadable expression he gave her. She would simply remain quiet as she took in his ruffled appearance with serious eyes waiting to see if the quiet man would answer or simply brush her off. It would take a moment, but eventually the man would smile and speak.

In response, the woman would keep her arms folded, her facial expression remaining serious as she nodded at the other. “I am glad to hear it,” she would say and then blinking she would tilt her head as her black hair shifted slightly with the movement. Ah. He wanted her name. Of course.

“Forgive me. Your ruffle appearance distracted me a bit and I forgot my manners,” she would say and then giving a faint smile back, she would shift in her position to face the other fully. She would place one arm at stomach level while the other went to her side and her upper body bent towards the other as she gave a bow, her eyes never leaving the other as she looked up at him through the dark locks of her hair. “The name is Snow. And you?” she ask, her tones calm as she simply studied the other wondering if maybe he was a resident around here or mayhaps a wanderer like herself. She was curious now that she had his attention, but instead of flooding him with questions, she minded her manners and kept the questions simple and less abundant for now.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 pm

So she was. Even though he was still not completely sure why was a random passerby concerning themselves with his wellbeing like this. However you look at it, the notion is simply an unusual one. After all, most people look out for themselves mainly, and those they actually care for..and it isn't like he was dying in the middle of the street. Still, he would give a good-natured wave of his hand as she commented on his appearance. ''How intriguing. Perhaps I should start keeping this kind of look more often if it attracts people so easily. Who would have thought...'' There was perhaps also a hint of amusement in his statement, but for the most part he was just bouncing off of what she said. He didn't appear to really mind said lack of manners for the moment, unless she went ahead to give him a solid reason.

Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) 8V9JMQA

''My name...
...you can call me Gray. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Snow.''

He would respond by giving her a nod, rather than a full bow in return. In all honesty, he found it a little awkward to bow like that. He was aware it was a common practice in some cultures, but it came off as rather stiff to him to do that. Not that he was about to comment on it however, since to each their own, really. Though, this kind of behavior did make him wonder where was she from. Then again, Endymion did have a Japanese based district, which could work in this case. He would shove away his train of thought for a momet however, his lips curling into a faint smile. ''As much as this brightens my day, is there any reason why is a lady like you engaging me in a conversation out of nowhere?''
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Snow would blink at the wave and the comment her expression remaining serious for a few seconds before a small smirk came to her face.

“I dunno. With a pretty face like that I am sure you would have no issue with drawing folk to ya. Perhaps the rough appearance will draw the odd’s attention instead. Like myself. You sure want weridos around you?" Snow would ask as she watched the other, her honey brown eyes holding an air of amusement. Her approach was rather unusual by normal standards, but on the other hand, the woman did not know this or know how to act any other way. While she functioned in normal society well enough, social norms eluded her like no other typically chasing others off, but this guy? He actually hung around and spoke with her. Now that was something.

In any case, the expression would settle into seriousness once more as she made her introduction and bowed before standing straight again and hearing the other’s words. To what was said the woman would shift her weight to the left as she recrossed her arms and looked off to the side.

“Gray, huh? Well, I can remember that. As for you, drop the miss. I don’t need the formality,” she would say her attitude laid back despite the blunt nature of her words. When she was asked a question some time later, she would look back at the guy as she tilted her head a bit.

Like I told you before you appearance caught my attention. Thought you had gotten beaten up or something, so I just asked. Didn’t think it would turn into a conversation of any sort though. So I can’t really say I was intentionally trying to engage ya outside of seeing if you were okay. Though since we are at it now, I suppose I will just go with it as it isn’t hurting anything.” She would pause to tap her lip with her index finger in thought as she looked up towards the trees for a moment. She really didn’t expect this, but it is what it is right? But wait…..

Honey orbs would shift back to the man. “On the matter of harming things, why are you questioning this? Did I do something that unusual?” she would ask not seeming to understand that her random asking was indeed just that: unusual.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 8:47 pm

When the woman tossed out her response, Gray would at first raise an eyebrow, not having expected that kind of statement. Soon after though, he would give a low cough before shaking his head in mild amusement at the situation. That was quite the straightforward one if he had something to say. ''Fast with the compliments, aren't we? Should I be worried?'' She didn't really seem like she was actually trying for anything serious, but it was certainly an...interesting way to formulate words? ''No big deal however, I'm weird enough myself so I have no true reason to complain about people that approach me.'' And it would be mildly rude to label someone as a weirdo right away after meeting them...unless they were painfully obvious in some way.

She was certainly not the typical person, that much he'd admit though. From her style of speech to the bowing and whatnot. ''Ah, but I was just trying to be polite. But if you so wish, I'll omit that.'', he would smile faintly at her request. At this point, he was having a hard time deciding whether she was actually amusing, or whether he just found this entire situation unusual enough to feel mildly out of the loop. Sometimes, the people that don't really look it at first glance are the most unique ones after all.

Hearing her explanation, he would tilt his head slightly. ''You have interesting notions, that's for sure. Perhaps I was just under the impression that addressing someone pretty much equals engaging them. Unless you actually expected no more than a flat yes or no from me, with both of us moving on immediately after that. And if that's so, I suppose you missed your mark.'', he would smile nonchalantly. ''However, if the path taken doesn't please you, you can always just say so.'' He was honestly fine either way. He could deal with a bit of small talk, as well as with moving on, really. And it was kind of her call after all, since she was the one to come to him in the first place.

''Well...'', he would pause for a bit, a little unsure on how to answer the question she posed afterwards. It was indeed a bit unusual, but he was starting to get the feeling that she was far from being the usual kind of person herself. Her way of viewing things struck him as slightly different than what you see in the majority of people. ''Sort of. It is not unseen, but most people aren't that interested in inquiring about the wellbeing of some stranger in the middle of a street. That level of concern is typically saved for people one already knows better. I suppose there are exceptions though...'' Like her. And maybe a few other people, for various reasons. Still, it was not the most common thing to just flat out ask like that.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 2:12 am

Snow’s smirk would fade as she tilted her head at the man’s response to her words.

“Compliment?” she would say as she looked upward and to the left as she tapped her lip in thought. “Mmm. I wouldn’t call it compliment. More like a truth,” she said before serious brown eyes drifted back to the man and her hand dropped to her crossed arm again. “You are a pretty boy and if I go by observations, having a nice looking face or body attracts others. At least that is what the world seems to show me.”

Yes. The more attractive you were the more the world paid attention to you. Whether this attraction came from physical appearances or something else, the world paid attention to things that stuck out from the norm. It was a curious truth about the world with even more peculiar reactions; however, this musing was beside the point. So drawing herself out of her wandering thoughts on the matter, she would blink once at the other’s words before returning the cat like gaze on him.

“You the flexible go with the flow type then? Or are you just good with people in general? Also how are you weird? You seem pretty normal from a visual standpoint,” she would say as her eyes crossed over him. Outside of being a pretty boy, he looked pretty human and seemed to be dressed more appropriately than herself with her wild and torn look. So how could someone that looked so ordinary be weird she had not a clue, but maybe there was something else about him that made him say such things. Maybe if he was kind he’d shed some light upon the matter even if they were just strangers.

Regardless of what happened there, the woman would give a light nod to the words spoken about dropping the Miss off her name. “Politeness is not needed here. Only respect. In any case, thank you kindly fulfilling my request,” she would say her voice holding none of the usual politeness associated with the words. Her lips holding none of the smiles associated with such gestures. Her words were blunt and to the point devoid of the typical mannerism the norm would expect as she studied the other before her. She was indeed odd and didn’t seem to be ashamed of her action at all, making one wonder if she was ignorant of social rules or if maybe she spoke and acted the way she did because she honestly didn’t give a damn about the rules. It was hard to say and her expressionless face would give no insight into the matter.

“I honestly never know what to expect when I am around people. Most just avoid me or do their best to pretend I am not there in a casual setting. Customers are a bit different, but even they are skittish in my presence. I never expect to engage in long nor short conversations with those I encounter. I actually expect quick and to the point response before the one that engaged me scuttles off," she would respond back and then hearing the rest of his words she would close her eyes with a light sigh. “If the path chosen bothered me, I would’ve been gone a long time ago not even bothering to entertain this thing call conversation.”

Her voice would remain level and calm the whole time without any hostility to it. She would reopen her eyes and be quiet until she had asked her question to which the other began to answer, but paused for a bit to consider it. Instead of rushing the man or trying to insert something into the silence, the woman simply waited until finally he did reply back. To his words, she would lower her head in thought.

“Hmph. Unusual again, my dear,” she would mutter to herself in at a tone that was barely audible, the words coming off as a grumble to the normal ear. Regardless of this, she would look back up at the man with a nod.

“Then I suppose I am the exception. And perhaps you are too. You are not running from me and you decided to stay to make idle chatter with me. Why?"

Despite her direct way, she seemed preplexed by the man who could've easily snapped at her or brushed her off without a word. Yet...he hadn't. was this part of being polite too? Or was his motives different?

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Well, it would seem the woman was pretty much missing his point. Or better said, she had next to no idea what her statements could easily sound like to others. Gray would sigh lightly as he ran one hand through his hair in thought. This one wasn’t all that easy to deal with, that was for sure. Then again, he wasn’t a quitter, and he didn’t really have anything planned at the moment anyway. So the choice would come down to either staying here and entertaining this talk, or continuing to wander around simply for the sake of not sitting around somewhere. ‘’Everyone’s preferences are different. To everyone, said truth would be something else. Falling back on generalizing is a bit of a letdown…’’ And a little unsuitable for a talk with someone you just met, but that was another thing. He would give her a wry smile. ‘’And you just take everything the world shows as a fact? I’ll have you know, I don’t necessarily appreciate being called that by someone I just met. And I’m not exactly a boy either.’’ His tone was calm, but he was obviously willing to stand his ground on this. To be honest, calling someone a ‘pretty boy’ sounds like some cutesy nickname or something. Not something you just casually blurt at someone just because. And she didn’t even seem to even be trying to accomplish anything with it anyway.

‘’Either or. I would say it depends on the situation. Being good with people only goes so far. Some people can’t be dealt with nicely no matter how hard one tries.’’
Which is a shame in a way, as he didn’t really aim for a confrontation with people unless it was a must for some reason. It’s better to only fight the battles you know you can win after all, for as long as you have the choice to do it that way. He would momentarily glance at his gloved hands, before offering her a half-smile. ‘’Looks aren’t the only factor that matters. Regardless, this isn’t a story I tell just because I’m asked about it, so you’re free to stick to your imagination for now.’’ It wasn’t necessarily that he had a problem with others knowing something, but he wasn’t enough of a fool to announce things to just about anyone he ran into.

He would tilt his head slightly at her flat response. ‘’Ah, my dear, but you should know that respect is harder to come by than politeness. It’s not something you earn right off the bat. That is why most people resort to simply being polite to begin with, before forming an actual opinion of the person they are engaging.’’, he would state, his tone half amused, half cool. He was generally a nice person, that much was obvious, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t capable of chilling people down when need be. And it is possible to be direct without being rude after all.

He would frown at her quizzically for a short while as she explained her expectations. Eventually, he would just give her a wistful smile. ‘’If people keep avoiding you, then who’s fault is it? Maybe it’s telling you that there’s something you should be working on. Unless it actually is your goal to intimidate everyone on sight.’’ Which didn’t appear to be the case based on how she stated she wasn’t sure what to expect out of people. Well, you can only expect to receive something similar to what you yourself give. With a few exceptions here and there, but not many people were generous to a fault. ‘’…I see.’’ He could have commented on her declaration as to how she would have just left, but for now he would opt not to. Someone certainly missed the lesson on mannerisms though. It would be pretty rude to do that, assuming it didn’t just sound that way due to her choice of words, which came off as pretty rough.

He would stay quiet as she grumbled to herself, waiting for her response, at which he would put one hand on his hip with a laidback smile. ‘’I don’t really have any other plans, for one. Two, do I look like a wimp? I see absolutely no reason to run from someone like a scared puppy unless they give me a serious reason to completely ignore them.’’ And while he wasn’t entirely pleased by her lack of consideration on some things, that wasn’t something he’d immediately see as a reason to brush her off.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 10:01 pm

A sigh and a movement to run his hand through his hair. Was this one perhaps frustrated with her? Or was the action towards something else? She wasn’t sure, but she began to lean towards the former as she heard his words. To what was said, the woman would give him a blank look for a moment.

“.....”

Silence as she studied him a bit debating how to respond to that without coming off as hostile. After some contemplating, she would speak.

“I am not here to impress nor try to convince you my way is right. I understand everything is a matter of perspective and preference when it comes to anything. That is nothing that needs explaining. As for being letdown because I view things differently. Well that is your problem,”she would say her words as blunt as usual. She...was not going to make this easy on the other it seemed even though in the end she was not even trying to be difficult. This was just her. The man could either accept that and adapt or leave. It was up to him.

“If you cannot trust your own study and observation to make conclusions about the world around you, then what else is there to trust to help you understand what is before you?” she would ask as she shifted her weight to the right as she gave the other a serious look her lips remaining in a line that did not curve. She was trying to understand his point with this. Was there a point at all or was he doing something else with this talk? As for that last point, she would give the other a light frown.

“So we cannot use figures of speech then?” She found that odd, but whatever. She wasn’t try to make this one uncomfortable or start fights with her odd wording, so shaking her head a bit to clear it before continuing. “Noted.” That was all she would say.

No apologize or anything of that nature. Just a simple word to sum up her settlement on the matter that had been presented. Her briefness could make one wonder if she cared at all as her face remained as hard as ever to decipher. Even so, she didn’t seem to be trying to cause harm by her words, so maybe that was okay. After all, the guy was still here for one reason or another….
Peculiar.

“Hmph. Perhaps so,” she would say as she considered that for a moment. So he was adaptable on one hand, but on the other did not value his people skills? Kind of odd in her book...Though she could agree with the point being made. People were odd and how one handle them was an even stranger affair, but even so sometimes being direct and unforgiving was the way to go. Though...she had to wonder if there was something else behind his words. With a tilt of her head, she would ask the question that came up from this wandering session. “Am I difficult for you to handle?” she would ask, her voice calm as usual as she observed the other some more.

She would take note of him glancing at his gloves and when he spoke she would raise an eyebrow at him.

“That’s a shame. You actually had my interest there for a moment,” she would tell the other her voice serious, but if one were to have a careful eye her lips would show a slight smirk. Was she playing a bit?

Maybe, but it was hard to tell as the smirk faded and she dropped her right arm to her side as her left one moved upward. Bandages fingers would mix with thick black hair as she scratched her head with a small frown.

“I am not your dear.” Would be the first blunt comment out of her mouth and then following that “Yeah. Respect is hard to gain. As for being polite, I don’t get it. I am talking like anyone else - with words - yet people squirm and flee as if I was gonna bite them or something. I don’t get how pretty words equal politeness and just being upfront equals rude. I find that a bit baffling.”

That and she probably was missing something along the way. After all she wasn’t trained in the way of normal society. Her blunt nature worked fine in the past and most of the time silence was even better, but out here? It seemed everything fell apart on that end. It was quite strange.

Even stranger was the guy’s next comment.

“Hm?” Snow would give him a cool look. “So I have a different way of speaking and carrying myself. Why should that be intimidating? I am not being hostile, so what is the deal?” she would ask clearly not understanding this. She spoke to people and didn’t raise a weapon to them, so why? Why did they run...but not this one? This was quite perplexing.

“...”
A silence to the short answer given back. Guess he didn’t have anything to say back, so she did not see the need to try and expand on conversation there. Moving along.

She would give the other a quiet stare at his next statement debating how to take the words. When she settled on something, she would blink and become active again.

“Hmph,” she would begin and then looking him up and down she would continue as she shifted from her spot and came nearer. Keeping her distance reasonable, she would circle the other as she sized him up much like she did a prized fighter. When she stopped again she was facing him once more as she took a step back and fold her arms.

“You don’t look like much on the outside. You look like the type to snap honestly with your frame and all, but on the other hand. Your type can be surprisingly strong and deadly, so without an actual fight I cannot answer your question fully,” she would say her voice business like as she made the assessment and then settled to watch the other once more.

She probably didn’t need to answer, but she had anyway. Welp, so much for understanding the rhetoric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)   Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray) Empty

Back to top Go down

Morning: Business Location Scouting (Gray)
Page 1 of 1