Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 5:53 pm

"Ah, so she isn't your master! She's just the master of the place you're staying at. And I can imagine you petting you. And telling you when to go to bed. And probably feeding you scrap metal, ahaha!" Frog put on a cocky smile as he continued prodding.

Now then, just when Frog was getting all hyped up and all, just thinking about this cool new powers and this cool new team that was practically assembling itself around him for whatever reason... He really was getting people around him, wasn't he..? It seemed like almost some kind of dream, because frankly, he's never had people (well, outside his family) care about him. Not want to hang out with him. But these few were now all eager to be his friends, and he's only met them yesterday... Gah, enough thinking about it. He was nearly getting a tear in his eye. And he didn't want to jinx it by showing overt happiness about it. Anyways, just when he was at his peak... Selena had to go around and start spouting this... Heresy.

Frog frowned at the robodogthing's remarks. So what, now IT was lecturing him!? That was hardly something he was gonna just stand idle about. Just... Ungh. "I was there too five years ago, you thing." Frog began in a harsh tone. It was clear he was immediately upset. To think some friggin' dog robot's words could actually shake his heart and give births to doubts, albeit temporarily. Because he knew he was gonna shake them off the moment he didn't have to look at Selena again. "And what if it was eating people like ice-cream!? Hah, I bet I'd be able to do the same now! Because they're all weak, aren't they? Humans do the same, feed on the weak, no matter if it's kids or whatever in question. But the point is, we are not weak anymore." Nor scared... "And sure, I'm not some friggin' idiot to go underestimate any demons, so don't go lecturing me about this like you're my mom or anything. This is most certainly real life. And that's exactly why I must take my powers to the extreme! Because this is something to actually live for! Mind you, I said 'live' and not 'die', because I don't plan on dying. Even if they pierce my heart or something I'm still not gonna die like some weak normie! Because I actually have the strenght they lack, the strenght that comes from knowing the truth!"

"I am not just a human. You'd have to know what that feels like, wouldn't you? You're even less of a normal human than I am, if you actually are anything but some fourteen-year-old's remote control dog robot!"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:50 pm

When Selenus was being designed, a great deal of importance went into making him light so as to facilitate stealth, while also making him tough and durable when things came down to combat. The way to manage both these things deemed most efficient by his development team was to give him an ability found in animals, the ability of shifting his center of gravity with subtle position changes, and amplify it with robotics. This allowed him to be light and nimble one moment, then resilient and tanky the next, just like a lot of quadrupede animals, but at a higher efficiency.

"...if you actually are anything but some fourteen-year-old's remote control dog robot!"

And that's exactly what he did.

Retracting his knives as far into his paws as he could so as to not cause irreversible damage, Selenus would pounce unto Frog as fast as he could before shifting his center of gravity before making contact with him. Landing on the ground with a thud (Frog or no frog underneath) Selenus would once again look him in the eyes. Not with seriousness this time, but with a mixture of sadness and anger.

"Now you listen here you little shit! What would you know about strength?! All the truth you've ever known is the truth that's been spoon-fed to you by society, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you've broken out of some sort of matrix-like lie! You have no idea what it's like to have no say on what you do or don't! You weren't forced to do things you protested against! You weren't stuck in an endless cycle of unvoluntary killing and brutality without even the comfort of knowing that one day it'll all be over! You. Know. Nothing!"

And then: Silence...

No more anger, no more words... only regret...

Getting off of Frog, Selenus gently walked deeper into the alleyway, getting away from the man he had just assaulted.

"I... I'm sorry."
Selenus would say in a clearly depressed voice. "I was programmed to kill, but I didn't want to be a killer. When you made that remark about me being remote controlled... it just brought up some bad memories." Walking back towards Frog, he'd sit in front of him, head looking straight down to indicate shame and guilt. "Even so, there's no excuse for having attacked you. I apologize."
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Frog gazed down upon the metallic canine with a wicked gleam in his eyes and a victorious smirk on his lips. He wore these as accessories right now because he could see how much of an impact it made on the thing. It was getting angry, or well... Whoever was controlling it made it act as if it were angry. Or its robot-dog brain was pretending it was angry. Regardless, Frog was satisfied.

Until the dog decided to make an impact on him. Literally.

Frog didn't have any time to react. Selena was as fast in real life as she was climbing America's top lists, and the way it threw itself at him was more than enough to knock Frog off his feet and onto his behind. Again. This was like... How many times had he been thrown onto his ass lately..? No matter that at the moment. He hit the floor hard, first with his ass and then with the full surface of his back and then with the back of his head. Luckily, he wasn't a filthy normie and he could handle such a petty trial without getting a goddamn stroke because a fly flew straight and collided with his head. Still, it hurt. And was enough to at least stop his internal snickering for a moment and swap it with confusion and then rage.

He grabbed the spikiness that were Selena's legs and tried throwing it off of him as he struggled to get up and listened to the cacophony of the dog barking into his face while they rolled on the floor. What was he even talking about..? Killing? Brutality? Who cares about that though-Selena thought Frog has merely broken out of a Matrix-like lie? No way was his journey to enlightenment gonna be compared to some stupid movie. Oh, now he was pis-

But then the robot got off him. There was a moment where every sound stopped and only tension filled the air around the two. But it dissipated rather quickly and Selena, getting his weight off of him, also allowed Frog to actually absorb and process what he'd heard. The things the dog added afterwards, as Frog was getting up to a sitting position, only solidified his conclusions. Or whatever his brain managed to cook up in that severely limited amount of time.

And it directly opposed his conclusions thus far. And all of his rage faded away... He just couldn't be angry at a dog feeling bad about what he'd done...

Frog blinked at the robot, whose very presence seemed to be oozing sadness and grief and regret and negativity instead of sunshines and rainbows. The way he's been saying his words suggested they were truthful... And that he was indeed self-aware. Concious. But that couldn't be right... And it also couldn't be right that this thing was making Frog feel bad for what he'd said... But it was. And it was.

"No... I'm sorry." Frog said, faintly. The fact Selena had sat down in front of him like an actual dog begging for forgiveness in the form of a treat made him chuckle though, but he quickly composed himself and continued on. *ahem* "I'm sorry about that too." He'd clear his throat, avoiding direct contact with the dog. "Like... I would've attacked myself probably too... If I were in your position... I can be... Unthoughtful and..." Talking bad about himself was tougher than he'd thought... It was definitely one thing thinking about it, but saying it carried additional weight. "Inconsiderate... So... It's all right that you... Did what you did."
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:42 pm

It was indeed humiliating to bow like a dog begging for forgiveness of its master, yet Selenus had, once again, nobody to blame but himself for the necessity of such an act. "I'm glad you understand. And you're not inconsiderate... you had no way of knowing that I was sensitive about the subject that made me attack you. If anything, I should've considered the repercussions of my actions before I allowed my emotions to take over." Standing up, Selenus would adjust the velvet key around his neck before grabbing the plush toy, which found itself on the floor, and dusting it off with a single wire while the other two kept it in grasp. Finally, he'd walk deeper into the alleyway, taking a shortcut towards a part of the giant mall-like district that he yet hadn't scoured for his destination.

"I... suppose I'll see you tonight, then. Goodbye."

[Selenus has left the scene]
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Emotions overtaking a robot, eh..? It was hard to believe, yet there it was. For a moment, Frog believed the muttbot's story and actually felt sorry for the thing. But Selena kept apologizing and honestly, Frog couldn't think of what to say as a response to that. He was still sitting butt locked on to the floor. He watched the dog get back up on his feet and pick up the toy, silently.

"R-right... See ya?" Frog said uncrtainly before bowing his own head down. Maybe out of shame or guilt, who knew. He stayed that way until Selena walked away, seeing the robot off in a way. This wasn't a perfect meeting, but at least he learned something about the thing, didn't he? And doubts began arising over the validity of his claims so far about Selena not being concious... Maybe...

Frog shook his head. He'd have enough time to think about it some other time. He pushed himself up shakily on his feet, adrenaline coursing through his body but slowly vaning, like the Moon.

"Heh. Welcome to the team, I suppose."
He looked towards the alleyway whose darkness consumed the robot one last time with a slight grin, before throwing his hair as he spun in his own direction-towards home.

[Frog - Exit]
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 2:51 pm

A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 The_je10 A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 18_moon

Frogerio Zander of the Jester and Selenus of the Moon have ranked up their Social Link....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]   A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Machine's Maddening Machinations [Frog] [Afternoon]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2