Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Rebirth (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:54 am

He would nod slightly. ''Good luck with it then. Perhaps you'll find where you want to go with time.'' It was never easy to decide in this kind of world. And these occasional supernatural issues were not very helpful in the matter. Made everything even more confusing for most people. But maybe obstacles would make one's final decision more meaningful in the end. What do you know? He would blink slightly at the following answer. For a moment, he was tempted to ask what the guy was if not human, but decided not to eventually. There was probably a reason why it wasn't elaborated, and it wasn't like it truly mattered to him. He rarely explicitly cared about someone's race unless that person had the need to constantly remind everyone of it by some disrespectful actions. Otherwise, he couldn't care less. They were all living beings, and that was the most important fact. ''Interesting. You do resemble one, however. I think that your everyday person that has little knowledge of other races even existing wouldn't even think you aren't human. It's hardly obvious.'' Which would probably serve the guy well in its own way. ''Well, copying is indeed an option, but that would just make you a liar. It's not really genuine when you convince people to accept you based on something you actually aren't. It may be more challenging to find a purpose by being the odd one out, but most likely more satisfying when you succeed, not having to put up any pretend acts.'' Wasn't it? ''At least, I found that trying to conform doesn't really work for me. Everyone just gets upset when they find out I'm not what they originally thought I am.'' He would shrug slightly.

He would smile somewhat sadly. ''I don't think it has much to do with one's kind. I was just forced to deal with more than most people, so I think a bit differently than a lot of them. My age plays a rather small role in all that. I see it as something that varies with every individual and the kind of life they lead....'' Afterall, you learn by facing things, and those that don't happen to will turn out different. At times, a ten year old can seem wiser than someone who is past thirty. It can certainly happen. Although, he didn't particularly think he was that much better than others. He just had an odd way of perceiving some matters. ''I can agree with the eternity though. Sometimes, no matter how much time you have, it seems like it's never truly enough. It's ironic. One would think that immortality would make someone happy, but most likely, it wouldn't solve all that much.'' You'd just get bored of living eventually. That, and everyone around you would keep dying as time goes, which is far from a pleasant idea.

He would huff in slight amusement. ''Your call. It is a little complicated afterall. And not even I know everything. Only what I figured out. I was never told just what they were really doing with me.'' There were still some thing he probably didn't really know. And maybe he didn't need to anyway. ''Regardless, I don't mind. So if your brain decides it's ready, go ahead. I don't see a real point in lying about these things. It's who I am, afterall.'' People were bound to find out eventually, if they ended up meeting him more often. It was probably easier to not dance around it at all. Better to know right away, than find out later that a person has issues with him once they learn things about him. ''It seems easier to run. I can see why would people lean towards that option. I did that for a while. But I've come to the conclusion that it's no good. The problems will always catch up to you anyway, and constant running away is just unpleasant.'' Avoidance was pointless in the end. ''I'd gain nothing from disagreeing regardless. The name's Violet Soul by the way. We're still separate beings. I just don't talk most of the time, because people get weirded out. As much as it's fun to watch.'' It was fun, but could also get annoying. Besides, talking was all he could really do in the end.

''To be honest, Shadows are kind of similar in most cases. More likely to just be a beast, but the more intelligent ones could resemble people. There used to be plenty two years ago in certain situations. In a way, Demons and Shadows can appear to be similar at first. The differences seem to be something that doesn't have to get noticed right away. From what I understand, at least.'' He knew little of demons afterall. It just appeared that way. Except for the fact that demons were more likely to posses some sort of tangible intelligence, unlike Shadows that were more often just powerhungry beasts. ''Well, I personally don't care. There is no point in having problems with someone when they aren't doing anything to earn it. Sometimes I wonder why are some people so hasty. It only creates unecessary troubles.'' Of course, when there was a glaring reason to act, then sure. But otherwise, it could just end up making bad impressions.

...he would just stare. Um, okay? He was right here though, and could hear everything. And he wasn't dumb enough to not realize where this was going. He would keep staring at the duo blankly for a while, before laughing at the absurdity of the situation. Comedy much? He would calm down soon enough however, giving her an amused smirk. ''I get it.'' Even though he didn't particularly approve. ''Shouldn't you consider your own kind though? I could easily just squish you.'' His tone was lighthearted, not meaning it as any sort of threat. But it was still true. With his height, he was even bigger than your average person, and she was tiny in comparison. She sooner looked like someone's pet, than anything else.

Other than that, he would turn his attention back to Hiro. He did hear the question asked afterall. And unlike the little demon who was busy being shy, he had no qualms with answering it. ''A lot of things. You see, acknowledging someone's appearance like that often equals interest of a certain kind. Physical attraction is generally closely linked to romance and the like. She's embarrassed because she likes me, and the fact that she's making it painfully obvious.'', he would glance towards her briefly. ''Am I right?'', he would chuckle slightly. He was definitely finding this highly amusing. As much as he had no actual interest of that kind in her. He was more interested in the fact that the guy seemed quite oblivious to what was up at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:48 am

“Thanks,” Hiro would respond back with a light smirk of appreciation. It was hard to say what would happen by doing this and maybe by trying he’d only tick off Fate who had him in such a tight grip. It was an uncomfortable thought for sure, but then again he was tired of being barred in. Even if he couldn’t see the path this time and was more than likely going to fall, maybe this time the end result would be more rewarding than before. It was a nice thought despite the unknown that surrounded the path. It was a hopeful thought. In any case, he would let the matter drop unless there was more to be said about.

“Heh. Well that is a bonus in luck for a change. Can’t say I approve much of the change, but can’t complain either,” Hiro would say as he observed his gloved hands for a bit, contemplating why his looks had been changed. Maybe it had something to do with finally being hole again. It was a complicated issue that the spirit didn’t wish to wrap his head around at the moment. He hardly thought he would get to the right answer anyway, so why bother with something that was truly pointless? In any case, Hiro’s manner remained relaxed and open suggesting that maybe he was comfortable around the other. Either that or he saw no reason to hide anything in this case. After all, the other seemed opened enough, so why close an open floor?

“A liar? Heh. Well can’t go treading that terrority again,” Hiro would say as he looked over at the other with a small smirk of irony. “It would’ve been nice not to learn the hard way of where that path leads,” he would shake his head to knock away that train of thought as his expression softened once more. “Hmm. I guess I’ll just have to work harder this time to not repeat the same mistakes. A bit of a headache considering I hate extra work; however, I’ll take it this time around,” he would say as he looking up at the sky for a moment in thought before returning blue orbs back to the other. His mood would dampen slightly, a small frown appearing at the words heard.

“Forced to grow too soon. Just what sort of life did you have?” he asked, the question coming out of a genuine concern for the other. While it was true the past shouldn’t matter. In this particular case, he felt it necessary if he was going to at least somewhat understand the man before him. In any case, he’d leave that door open for now to see what happened.

“Heh,” a light chuckle would escape Hiro as he heard the other words on eternity. “No eterinity does not solve anything. If nothing else it causes more trouble than one would think. Ironic, the mortals envy the undying and the undying envy the living. It is wonder anyone can find true happiness these days,” he would say to the other easily enough. He knew from experience what a long life could bring and while he was sure it was different for others. For him it had only shown him hate and pain….

Hmm? Hiro would look at the other with narrowed eyes observing him through the squint as he rubbed his chin in thought for a moment and then settling on something began to speak.

“You are quite bold and a lot braver than some. Considering I am a stranger, I am curious why you’d be open to me like this,” he would say in thoughtful tones. It was rare that people just opened up to another. Whether this was based on confidence or something else, the man wasn’t so sure, but the trait was interesting enough. In any case, he would let that matter sit on the table for a bit before speaking again.

“Well I had intended not to pry, but since you invited, so I will ask. What did you learn about the process or why they even decided to do such a thing to you?”

While it was probably just useless information to some, for Hiro it was a learning process that could probably help him in the long run.

“I suppose running is just as bad as submitting to something. It’s easier, but we still end up miserable,” the spirit would say before blinking as the voice came again. So there really was two of them in that one body. Violet Soul.

“Huh. I can understand why the chat might weird people out. It is a bit disorienting if you're not expecting it,” Hiro said in tones that suggested even he wasn’t sure what to do with the voice. Sure the voice changed, but the guy before him was just the same face he’d seen before. It was mind boggling, but after a moment Hiro simply accepted that this was just the way the guy was. “Regardless it is a pleasure to have a name to the voice. So are you the shadow then?” Hiro couldn’t help, but to ask. This situation was peculiar, so he was curious.

“Mmm. It is hard to say. Considering I am on the opposite end when it comes to shadows. I hardly dealt with them. Just heard of them and how they behaved. Aggressive and thoughtless; however, it seems my intel missed your kind and others that may have wandered about. Curious, I wonder how they hid so well if they were out and about. I know a demon would not hide itself should it come over here….” he would say thinking of the world he came from. Demons over there did not hide and if they were to come to this side? He didn’t want to think about the chaos they’d cause if that were to happen. The whole world would be flipped on its head if demons suddenly appeared. He wasn’t sure if shadows had prepared humans for such an ordeal.

“Yeah. I hear you there and unfortunately can’t even begin to form an answer for people’s behavior,” he would say as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Human, spirit, demon….no matter the form they all seemed to have irrationality built into them. That and confusion.

Hiro would watch Aria as she flounder around stumbling over words and seemingly digging herself into a hole with each passing second. Hiro didn’t get what was happening, but it sure was funny. Even funnier when the other responded back.

At first the small demon seemed to be relieved, but then puffing her cheeks. She would fold her arms as she tilted her head upwardly in a cocky manner.

“Please. Do you think I couldn’t be with you? After all, while he may be a short cakes in comparison to you. I haven’t gotten squished yet, so I think I could take the challenge on,” she would say as she stuck her tongue out at the other clearly playing. She understood the difference, but still she did could not deny he was attractive. However, that play would end when she thought back on her own kind. “Ugh! Date those jerks? I don’t think so. I much rather take my chance being squished than to put up with their shinganis. Honestly, they are just brutes,” she would say thinking of the male version of kind. The nerve of some of them. Didn’t they understand this girl had high standards and was not interested in being someone’s babysitter? No. She definitely deserved something better.

As this all went on, Hiro would simply watch not really following the conversation as much. Love and flirting were foreign concepts to him, so for the most part he simply observed and was beginning to somewhat tune the banter out when quite unexpectedly he was drawn into the conversation.

Eh?

Hiro would blink absorbing that for a moment. Physical appearances meant something and was linked to love? And the reason Aria was acting weird was because she liked the guy based on looks? Hiro would frown at this truly perplexed.

“Mmm..I follow what you saying, but still do not understand it....If that makes any sense,” Hiro would say as he looked back at Aria as she simply sighed.

“You’ll have to forgive him, he has a long way to go in some departments,” she would say as she shook her head looking at Hiro the way a mother would when she feels she failed to teach a child something. The comment only got a deeper frown from Hiro; however, she would pay little mind to that as she looked back at Sharaku.

“Hehe. I am pretty obvious aren’t I?” she said rubbing the back of her head. “But honestly who can blame me? You’re a stud with a nice set of eyes too. I don’t care what others may think, I like the tall and dark look,” she said before lying down in the air on her belly her hands folded under her chin as she watched the other with a dream like stare. “Don’t mind me. Even if I can’t have you to myself, I will still dream,” she would no longer be flustered now that she had been caught.

“Heh. An open invitation. Right....” Hiro would say watching Aria for a bit before looking over at Sharaku, a bit confused still.

“That doesn’t bother you? The staring that is?” he asked trying to wrap his head around this strange concept he was witnessing.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 9:53 am

''So if you had the option to pick, would you want to look different?'' The guy said he didn't completely agree with his current looks, yes? That was somewhat odd. It was probably better for him to fit in with the people here, and it wasn't like he was totally ugly or something that could warrant dissatisfaction from that angle of view. Just like the reactions his demon friend my get from some people, Hiro would get some too, were he to look inhuman by base.

He would tilt his head slightly. Well, yes, it wasn't easy. ''Some people can get through by lying, but it can indeed be pretty bad in case one's cover blows. Depends on how severe the pretend acts were to begin with, probably.'' Small lies may work out. But big ones only lead to more lying to cover up holes, and once it all falls...well, usually no good. Some people may choose to forgive, but not everyone would go that route. ''Is it? Now that you already know what is a mistake, you at least know what not to do again, right? Unlike last time, where you had no idea that it is something to avoid. Perhaps it is work, but at least it is something, rather than walking blind. There's a silver lining to everything, even when it seems like a bad thing.'' Well, maybe there were some exceptions. Still, usually there was some good coming even out of a seemingly irreparable scenario. As hard as it could be to see it when you were the one walking the questionable looking path.

He would smile sadly. His life used to be a mess of its own kind. ''Nothing to boast about, really. I've spent 5 years as a lab rat for those experiments from when I was 13. Then I lived on the street for a while, because there's hardly anywhere to go after running away. And things. You probably don't want the details of everything in any case, because that would likely ruin your mood for the entire day. Besides, it hardly matters nowadays. Can't change the past afterall. It's something we all have to live with.'' Sure, it had been pretty bad, no matter how one looked at it....but there is nothing anyone can do about the things that have already happened. Aside from talking about them, that is, but how much was that really worth?

Right. ''Everyone wants what they don't have at the moment. It's always been like that, hasn't it? Happiness is a strange concept, but I don't think it's impossible. The hardest part is figuring out what would make you truly happy. Once you do, you just need to seek it. Although, not everyone is lucky enough to attain what they wish for....'' But going after it means that you at least have a chance. Whether it is a small or a big one. Thing is, it's fairly hard to find out what happiness really means for you. Often, people are chasing only illusions, and once they get them, they'll realize that it is not what they truly want. They just thought it would be.

The following question caught him off guard for a second. Why? He hadn't really given it much of a thought. Frankly, he rarely did, unless the other party brought the matter up. There was no clear pattern in his case. Some people, he wouldn't be keen on telling anything, and then this. It just happened. Perhaps it was some sort of unconscious decision process or such. He couldn't rely on sound reasoning much for the people he just met and the like, afterall. It came down to whether it felt okay to do or not...and he wouldn't question that, because he could hardly decipher his own mind, really. Humans were complex. ''Hm...'' He was trying to think about it, but it wasn't easy to come up with an understandable answer. ''Maybe I'm starting to become careless?'', he would joke slightly. ''Seriously however, I'm not sure. Perhaps it's simply that I don't feel like it would be an issue. I get into so many useless verbal fights with people most of the time, that maybe I can already filter out who's safe enough without really thinking about it at all. You don't strike me as the type that would seek to harm people without a sound reason behind it, but that's just me.'' And hell if he knew whether he was right. He could be totally wrong, but it's not like suspecting everyone and their mother gets you anywhere either. Might as well go along with the flow when he didn't feel like being extremely cautious for once. Besides, this conversation was going rather well so far, so he had no reason to complain. With some others, it would have been edging on an argument or some sort of negative atmosphere in general by this point, based on his luck.

He would scratch his cheek in brief thought. ''As for why...I think they just wanted more power for their own gain. Shadows as a standalone aren't easy to tame in most circumistances, and they are likely to just disobey on whim. Binding one to a human should logically be easier in the control department and all that comes with it. Unless the Shadow is actually stronger than the human and takes over, but I don't think I want to know the result of that.'' Not a pleasant thought to entertain. ''The process varies, I'd say. Not every method works on everyone. I would know, since it took them five years to figure out what to do with me. I'm almost surprised I'm still in one piece. That, and not every Shadow and human are probably compatible enough for it to properly work, so it's a hit and miss. It's not natural to begin with afterall.'' Maybe that was actually why it took so long. Bad picks and whatnot. He didn't know what he was facing back then, aside from being aware that those creatures were odd and unlike normal animals. But thinking back on it now, he could tell the differences. Most honestly probably just wanted to eat him for dinner..which obviously showed how bad of an idea it was to try any kind of bonding there. ''Hey, I didn't try to eat you.'' ''No, you just tried to kill everyone else. Speaking of which, why are you even interrupting my thoughts?'' ''I felt like it.'' ''I shouldn't be surprised anymore.'' Really though, as much as it was kind of random at times. He felt like Violet was doing it on purpose though, since they could just as well have this talk without speaking aloud. He'd digress however.

''Being a coward generally doesn't work in this world.'', he would shrug slightly. Whether it was in the form of running away, hiding, or submitting without a fight for what is right. It was nigh impossible to be happy after taking those courses of action. He would sigh. ''Certainly. I can't do much about it though. We happen to be bound in a way that doesn't allow any form of separation, so many people would even think I'm talking with myself somehow. Which is hardly a pleasant opinion to be faced with.'' It gets a little annoying sometimes. And he had little to no proof, mainly when trying to explain to someone unfamiliar with the supernatural. He most likely sounded like he hit his head pretty hard in those cases. ''Yes, I am. Hello to you too.'' It would seem Violet was at least having fun with this meeting. Surprisingly enough.

He would chuckle. ''Because they didn't hide. They didn't come out here often at all. For whatever reason, they seemed content to stay prowling inside their worlds, and only attacked anyone that went wandering through them. They didn't make the effort to come out here to hunt in most cases. And I'm just a special case. There aren't many like me alive at the moment, I think. Not everyone even survives what it takes to become this.'' Why, he didn't know. But he had no problem with it. Having Shadows actively come here would have only made it worse back then.

''There probably isn't an answer.''
, he would snort lightly. People behaved however they wanted to, and it was nearly impossible to predict that soundly. Expectations, yes, once you knew a given person decently well, but that's kind of where it ended. When Aria poked back at him, he would raise an eyebrow at her. ''Mmm, yes. Question is, would I want to be with someone bite sized? Can't even do anything, because at best you'd fit in my pocket. That's like a person trying to date a squirrel. The result of that is rather null in the long term.'' It just couldn't work. Sure, height differences were okay, but not as enormous as that. You could work with a person a foot and half shorter, but not someone who is the size of your hand. Well, she was an amusing one if nothing else. ''I'd think there are different kinds of demons, just like there are different kinds of humans. There should be some that aren't aggressive.'' That, and you obviously won't be compatible with whoever you want. It worked the same way with people. On that note, what did she know about him? He could be worse than those male demons for all she knew.

...he would end up mirroring Hiro's frown momentarily, before shaking his head with a faint huff. ''Do I look like I care? At least he isn't openly ogling me like you. I'd take the former anyday, really.'' It wasn't that he was against some appreciation, but being extremely forthcoming right off the bat like that just made him want to roll either his eyes, or take it as more of a joke than a serious interest. ''Anyway, it's fairly simple, I guess. When one looks for a partner, they are probably aware that it means a person who they'll spend a lot of time with if it works out. Would you sincerely enjoy frequently looking at someone that you deem ugly, and having them close to you? Most likely not very much. Personally, I say one's character and personality means much more, but appearance does play a part of its own.'', he'd attempt to explain a bit further, since Hiro's demon was more interested in pointing out failures than fixing them in any way.

He would turn his attention back to her briefly, actually taking a few steps closer this time, while still keeping some distance between himself and the duo. ''Well, do what you will, I suppose. Just remember that dreams won't become a reality for no reason.'' Regardless, this was pointless. He already didn't enjoy her attitude very much, and while he could tolerate enough to keep things calm, it was as far as it would go. He was kind of wondering how did Hiro handle her...unless this was just a special occurence, and she did not actually act like this frequently. In any case, he would take her advice for the moment, not minding her, as he turned to Hiro at the given question. ''I prefer to take the 'don't care' approach towards this. Acting bothered would just turn this into an useless squabble, and honestly, as long as it's just staring, I can live with it.'' It couldn't hurt him. He wasn't very interested in being a show off, but people look at you all the time anyway. ''Besides, you're looking too, no? Maybe it's ju-'' The Shadow sure wasn't helping himself, because Sharaku would just cut the questioning off in slight annoyance. ''Is there a reason why you're unusually obnoxious today?'' ''Plenty.'' Right. He was perfectly aware what was Violet trying to poke at, but seriously, joke or not, that was a little inappropriate for the situation. ''Anyway, ignore that. He thinks attempting to make this awkward is funny.'' ''Ouch, but I mean well.'' ''I think I'd be the one to decide on that.'' No, really, what was with this today? Perhaps it was his fault for actually entertaining this kind of discussion to begin with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:19 am

“Well, my other form wasn’t inhuman looking either and since it was my original body, I would be more comfortable in it than an altered one that was not what I was used to,” he would say before looking at the other with a tilted head. “Is it wrong to want to keep your old looks or do you think change is good?”

An odd question perhaps, but one that Hiro wanted to know the answer to. While body shifting was probably beyond the level of humans, he had to wonder if they were content with their looks and if they were altered was it by their own will or something else? Did the end result, please them? Was Sharaku pleased with his end result? An off topic thought, but one the man did not shy away from as long as the other was willing to talk about it. In any case, he would let that subject pan out as it would.

When the subject of lying came up, he would close his eyes as he nodded. “Mmm, I can understand that logic. It is a mess once you’re too deep,” he would begin before reopening his eyes and smirking at the other as his hands went into his jacket pockets. “True, I do know better, but I still wonder if the past won’t come back to bite me,” he would give the other a sheepish smile. “Perhaps I am paranoid and a bit pessimistic when it comes to this sort of thing. It’s not that I don’t want to believe something good could happen, it's more like... if I get my hopes up, then it will just get taken again. It’ll take some time before I can see silver linings,” Yeah it would take a while for many things to sink in and change for the man. He still had some doubts in his abilities, but…he’d walk forward no matter how painful the journey was.

“I see. Thank you for sharing. I won’t pry further,” Hiro would say in soft and respectful tones, as a hint of sympathy flowed underneath it all. He understood where the guy was coming from and understood the burden of the past. That was something they couldn’t escape no matter how much one wanted to do so. Crosses to bare….right.

“Is that so? Huh. Never tried seeking out true happiness. I only sought out what I desired…and once gained I was never fulfilled. So I can understand the not getting what you wished for part...” Hiro would say. He always sought power and revenge, things that only satisfied one for a moment before leaving one craving more and feeling more and more empty each time the next sweet morsel was devoured. It was a truly miserable existence now that he thought about it...

“Hmph,” the amused sound would escape the man as he heard the answer to his question. “Careless, huh? Hard to imagine since pegged you as the careful type,” he would tease back lightly the words simply flowing off what he heard rather than concrete knowledge of the other. After all, he and this one did not know each other, so who was to say if this one was careless, playing games, or simply open and honest? He sure couldn’t say, but at the moment did not mind that. They were getting along well enough for now. “An impressive trait. I just hope it continues to serve you well,” Hiro would tell the other as his light smirk stayed in place. He did not confirm nor deny the assumption made about him because in the end while the man was mostly right, there was no telling what he might do down the road. Still, he had hoped that whatever he did had a better outcome than the last.

“Power huh? I can see how that could play a factor into things. One really doesn’t care about who they harm or trample over when that is all they can see in the end...” A truth that Hiro understood well. “Unnatrual…yes, but I suppose the process reflects the corruption of the ones behind it, no?” Hiro would say with a nod as he absorbed what he heard. It was a fascinating subject to be sure, but the man would not pry too much more on the topic for now as a silence fell between the pair leaving each man in his own thoughts. That was until the shadow began speaking again.

He didn’t try to eat the man? Eh? What was that all about?

Hiro would narrow his eyes slightly his expression a bit confused since the conversation had come out of no where. Still, he would shrug it off in the end. It was none of his business he supposed…even if the feeling the oddness left was awkward say to the least. Anyway…

“I supposed not,” Hiro would say thoughtfully after he had recovered a bit from the awkward moment caused by the shadow. Speaking of that, Hiro would tilt his head at the other. “Mm? So he doesn’t speak out often then?” he would inquiry as he blinked before looking away. Did the shadow perhaps only speak in the other's mind then? Interesting…then was it speaking out now due to the fact that it simply felt like performing the action? Huh. Curiouser and curisouser….

“…Heh.” Would shake his head at that shadows response unable to come up with anything to say back that wouldn’t make the situation even more confusing for all parties. At least this other voice seemed harmless enough, so he guess as long as he kept some respect for both parties he would be okay. Blue orbs would move back to the man as he chuckled.

“So they decided not to come over. Interesting considering they seemed to have an open door before them. Well at least they seem like the lesser of the threats in that case,” Hiro would say as he reflected on the information for a bit before chuckling lightly. “I didn’t expect to find a true answer,” he would say amused at the thought of their actually being a hidden secret behind the way folk acted sometime. His statement had been a passing wandering than anything serious. So Hiro found the response back entertaining; however, that entertainment would turn into awkward observing as Aria poked at the other. The end result while amusing was not turning out well…it was actually becoming a bit painful? Yes…painful to watch.

Aria would fold her arms in disapproval at what she heard.

“Hmph! You didn’t even consider giving the possibility a chance. How rude!” she was say her mood shifting rather quickly. Despite the snap, she would still hear the other out as he seemed to at least try to make up for the blow. “Maybe, but what if I don’t want a some other demon, hmm? Ever consider that?” she would ask with a small frown. Honestly, didn’t this guy get that? Didn’t he understand that some demons…no some women had high standards? She was truly distressed at this. The matter only got worse as the conversation went on.

“You really don’t care if he is out of loop? Wouldn’t you find it boring to talk with someone that had no clue what was going on?” she was ask at first curious and then becoming a bit ticked again she would shake her head. “Why do you prefer boring over adoring? I just don’t get that. Yes, I stare, but why not?” she would pretty much demand of the other. She didn’t quite get it. And would you look at how he brushed her anger off as if it was nothing? Why did this guy have to be so infuriatingly beautiful?!

Meanwhile, Hiro would wince a bit at the conversation deciding it as better to be quiet than add onto the situation…and quite frankly he was enjoying letting Aria get what she brought upon herself. Sure, he did not hate the little demon, but at times like this she was rather infuriating. This was not the first time, she had pulled this sort of stunt; however, the outcome was that she was getting the flack instead of him. Thank goodness this guy seemed to know where to place his agitation or what not. At least Hiro didn't have to worry about trying to survive someone or something's wrath because of something Aria had done.

In any case, Hiro would listen to the information given and pondered it for a bit. “I suppose I can see your point to a degree. Pleasing is better than something that is not. As for your question,” he would look back up at the other with a light shrug. “I have no idea if that is right or wrong. Never tried such a path before….Or rather I don’t recall doing so,” he said trying to rack his brain for anything to relate this subject, but then realizing where that path was leading he quickly shut that door and return to back to the present. No need to examine that again, right?

He would shake his head to clear it as he looked back at the pair just in time to see the other move closer. While he kept his ground relatively well, his spunky little side kick did not do so well. While she did still stare and rest in the air, their was a noticeable shift in her positioning. She had sat up and was now leaning away from the other, clearly still intimidated, but trying to put on brave face to prove a point as she simple smirked in defiance at the other. She wasn’t going to back down no matter what. Anyway, big person vs. little person aside….

“Mmm. You’re better at the game than I am then. I would get annoyed after a while as she can back up,” he would say as he nodded at Aria, giving a hint that she might’ve tried the same tactic with him at one point. It didn’t work clearly, but the man put up with the demon’s negative traits just as Sharaku seemed to deal with his shadow. Speaking of Violet, he seemed to be trying to stir the pot…and not in a good way it seemed.

“Maybe it’s just what?” Aria would ask picking up on the how the other cut off the words. Being the mischievous demon she was, she looked for ways to get revenge on those that had burned her and while she did stare at the other, his attitude was a no-no in her book. In her mind, he needed to be punished still. Perhaps her little plan would’ve done something, but Hiro had had about enough of this play. It was one thing to tease, but this was getting ridiculous. Besides, he did not want her egging on who knew what was happening. Taking a step forward, he would grab the demon out of the air and with a bit of a fight he would stuff her into a small pouch and close it. The small demon kicked and cursed in her own language, but the anger was muffled thanks to thickness of the pouch.

Scowling at her antics, he would shake his head.

“I swear she is trying to get me killed at times,” he would grumble before looking back at the other with an apologetic expression under the annoyance that showed.

“Sorry about that. She is a bit of a handful at times. Didn’t think she’d go after you though. Let’s try to forget that ever happened on either side, k?” he said with a weary sigh that suggested that this was something he had dealt with one too many times in the past.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:30 am

Sharaku would hum thoughtfully. ''I think that depends on what feels right for you. I am quite fine with change in most cases. It's still my own body in the end, not someone else's. Might take a bit of time to get used to changes, but I don't mind that. I can see why it could be uncomfortable though, if the difference is big enough.'' It also depended on the severity. Eye color change wouldn't be as problematic as an obviously different height and the like.

Watching the other, he would play around with a few strands of his hair absentmindedly. Pessimism seemed like a fair answer at times, but...can you get out of the black fog when you don't even make an effort to at least think differently? You have to start with yourself when you want to make a change in your life. ''I can't deny that. Sometimes, our hopes do get crushed, because life will never be only about rainbows and sunshine. But if you never hope, can you ever see the brighter possibility before it falls through your fingers? I usually see that overly paranoid people tend to fail to see even the good that is actually in front of them, because they automatically doubt it and paint it in negative ways.'' He would stop to think of a short while. ''Maybe it could help you to find something or someone that inspires you to keep going? Motivation is always a good help in moving forward.'' That was just a random idea, but it was the best he could come up with right now. It isn't easy to get out of that kind of thinking.

He would smile thinly, simply giving a nod. There wasn't much to say to that, although he was wondering why would the other need to thank him for that. It's not like he was helping him by telling his personal stories. It would probably hold little meaning for the guy in the long run. ''It's quite easy to end up chasing something that will never make you truly happy. Everyone probably stumbles like that at least once in their life. Or more, seeing as it is definitely the more readily available option than taking the time to find what actually holds real meaning.'' People had a tendency to go for quick highs, thinking it would be enough. Which they usually weren't.

He would smirk faintly, putting one hand on his hip. ''Perhaps I'm just not in a 'careful' mode right now. I hardly question myself nowadays, because figuring it out is a headache even for me.'' The more he'd nitpick on himself, the more odd it would get. Perhaps he was better off just going with the flow of his current state of being, for as long as it wasn't creating a big interference. Though, if he really wanted to explain this logically, it would be that he exercised different levels of carefulness based on what he was facing. He didn't feel the need to be too careful around the guy, so he naturally wasn't. Forcing himself to act differently would make it somewhat obvious that he wasn't being himself. When he went against himself, things were likely to get awkward, at least. ''I wish. It normally serves to make people think I'm strange.'' His tone was lighthearted though, as if he wasn't actually bothered by that fact.

''Corruption...'', he would sigh. ''Maybe, although I don't like to think that way. I had it pretty bad, but the final result wasn't only because of them...'' He usually didn't pay that part much mind, but there was a reason behind why things were the way they were. It wasn't a normal occurence for appearance to change as much as his had, with all the different colors and whatnot. By now, he was already quite certain as to why did that happen. Technically, it was his own 'fault', if one wanted to call it that. The irony, really... He would frown slightly eventually, noticing that the out of nowhere talk was confusing the other. ''Don't mind that. He just likes confusing people. There was no need whatsoever to say that aloud.'' Unless he'd want to discuss it, but there was barely any reason for that.

Eh, that was a hard question. ''He does so more nowadays, but it really depends on the situation.'' ''Well, I do get bored sometimes.'' ''That's what you say.'' Regardless....''I suppose there's no clear answer.'' At times, the Shadow spoke a lot, and at times he wouldn't say anything for an entire day. That's just how it was. He would click his tongue slightly. ''Actually, I think I know why they didn't. Back then, we couldn't use our powers properly unless we went to the other side. I think the Shadows would have been limited here as well, and couldn't properly thrive in that kind of environment. They only appeared when some sort of power surge happened that allowed us to do what we wanted to freely.'' It could have simply been that. It wouldn't be easier for them to come over, so they didn't. ''Good for you.'' Albeit having an answer is nice.

Ah. Really then? She certainly had an attitude problem. Maybe that's why she wouldn't get any in the end. What man would like a bossy girl of this type in the first place? Most people wouldn't enjoy getting plowed at like that. And if he cared about her opinion enough, he wouldn't either. Alas, for now, she was just amusing him excessively. Hmm, what to do. His gaze would flicker between her and Hiro momentarily, thinking. The idea was tempting, although it could get him in slight trouble. Likely, Hiro wouldn't catch on anyway, though. Then again, she was asking for it, and it was hard to resist. He would stick his tongue at her. ''Why'd I consider something that won't work?'' Right? ''Ever thought I just might not be interested in women all that much?'' Take that. Besides, it wasn't a complete lie. He was willing to go both ways, but he was certainly more interested in men at base.

He would tilt his head with a light smile. ''Should I? I don't really mind when someone doesn't know something.'' As a matter of fact, at least it gave him a good reason to hold a conversation. He didn't mind explaining or helping out in general. ''Adoring or annoying? Maybe I don't really like your attitude. Who wants a woman that throws hissy fits over not getting a bit of attention? I have no obligation to be into you, so I'm not sure what are you trying to get at.'' A bit of playing around was fun, but she ought to know what his stand on it was. Even he had a limit to his patience, and he would rather that it does not go that far. For now, his tone was still on the calm, laid-back side, but he couldn't guarantee anything if she kept being obnoxious. He knew how to bite while still keeping a pleasant face all in all.

Now, back to the more interesting. For him at least. He would watch the other somewhat curiously. ''Would you ever consider trying it?'' There were a few things he could have asked, but for now, he would leave it at that. He didn't want to poke the guy way too much. It was different than with the little demon afterall. She was quite aware of what she was spewing, so he wouldn't hold back on her, but Hiro seemed clueless enough already. He would grin at Aria jokingly as she sat up, showing his fangs a bit. How amusing, really. Was there a problem with him coming closer? Well, he didn't particularly care much right now. ''Annoyance is momentary. I have my ways to deal with it.'' Usually.

He would glance at Aria when she tried bringing up the half-assed convo that just happened. There was a reason why he shut the Shadow off, but if she really wanted to know... Ah, well maybe not. He actually had the mind to answer her, but it would seem he wasn't going to get the chance. He would wave his hand. ''You didn't have to. I can handle. Besides, she was just setting herself up to get burned even more. It's her own fault.'' It could be mildly annoying, but he would just filter through it. He rarely stayed in a bad mood for too long.

''I'm not really bothered. I've dealt with much worse already. And you can't keep her away from me forever. So don't worry.'', he would smile faintly, brushing a few strands of hair away from his face thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Hiro would nod at the answer given before reflecting on what was said. An interesting point and one that made him feel a bit relieved. Guess he wasn’t that far off from normal after all.

“I guess that is one way to look at it even if it is a bit hard to swallow,” Hiro would say as he gave the other a small sheepish grin. Honestly, the changes weren’t that bad, but still it was a bit odd wandering about in a body that did not match his older looks. Sure it had been two years, but it was two years without too many mirrors. Seeing his own reflection was still alien for him, but something he would get over in time…he guessed. It was still odd, but trivial in the end.

“Hmm…” the man would hear the words spoken, but would not respond right away as he looked down at the sand beneath his boots. The question Sharaku was posing was a complicated one that the man did not really have an answer to. Sure, he understood the pitfalls of narrowed mind of thinking. After all, he had been down that path and paid dearly for it already; however…

“Inspiration might be the thing; however, for me I think I need to find courage first before I can find motivation,” Hiro would say admitting out loud for the first time in his life that at the end of the day that is exactly what he was. Scared. It felt odd saying it out loud after so long, but the weight it lifted was a good feeling. “Still…I will try to find that hope you speak of. Seems like a powerful thing to have in this world…” he would trail off wondering if it was hope that helped that group beat him last time.

From here, a brief silence would pass between the pair as moments of the past was shared. While it was indeed true, the information gained from the man would do nothing to help Hiro with his own issues, in the end the shared information gave him a bit of clarity as to what he dealing with. And that form of information was always appreciated no matter how trivial it may seem in the long run.

“Yeah tell me about it. The short cuts are easier, but I’ll try the longer road this time,” Hiro would say as he looked up at the other with a small smile. A smile that would turn into a genuine grin when the other decided to play back when he poked at the careful comment.

The man would give a light chuckle of amusement at that. “Oho is that your excuse then?” he would play back slightly, but in the end let it drop knowing better than to poke too far on subjects. In the end, it would ruin the fun and become an annoyance. Best to leave the joke while it was still on good grounds. Besides, everyone had their reasons for doing things. No reason to pick at those details unless someone was acting questionable...and as far as Hiro could see Sharaku was not acting questionable.

“Well at least you are not alone in that boat. You just seem to handle it better than most,” Hiro would say as he caught on easily to the tone in which the man spoke, his own voice remain relaxed and calm.

He would raise an eye brow at the other’s comment.

“No? Then what cause the end result?” he asked curious to know more about this man. It was odd, but he didn’t seem to place full blame on the ones who performed their experiments on him. Had he forgiven them or did he chose not to linger in events that did not matter anymore like he stated before? How interesting if it was the former.

“Ah okay. I’ll try to keep that in mind these lessons then,” Hiro would say still a bit confused as to how to appropriately react to this duel nature of the man. In the end, he would shake the matter off and just let it go. The more he tried to think on what to do in this situation the more his head hurt. Best to go with the flow in this case.

Hiro would nod at the other’s words when it came to the shadow speaking or not. It seemed there wasn’t a full answer to that and that shadow just did as it pleased. Simple enough to understand and something that Hiro felt no need to add onto. He had gotten his answer either way.

Folding his arms, he would think a bit on what was being said as he nodded. “It makes sense when put like that,” he would say, although he had to wonder if there was more to it than that to keep the creatures at bay. It was a thought, but not one he would ponder too much as a light smile appeared on his lips to when he got an answer to his comment. This fellow was amusing to say the least, but alas he did not have a comment to further either conversation at the moment, so he would let them drop unless picked up again.

Speaking of letting things drop, the odd argument that was occurring now was one that Hiro wondered if it had an actual end to it. Aria most certainly wasn’t letting what was said go by without a fight…and it seemed Sharaku held his own ground when it came to these sort of things. In fact, was the guy actually enjoying this?

Hiro would catch the look the other gave, but for now he would observe what would come out of it rather than try to stop it. To be honest, he was quite curious how the show would pan out for the moment. Taking a back seat to the conversation for now, he’d simply listen as the conversation went on.

“Ooh. Why are you such a tease?” Aria would groan as she heard what the other said. She was honestly frustrated in that moment due to not getting what she want though she had to admit she liked the play. Still, the little demon was much too proud to admit this. However, her agitation would take a sudden turn into silence as the man made his other comment.

“Eh?” she would say blinking, a bit stunned. “You’re not interested in women?” she would repeat with a blank look unable to handle that for a moment, but then recovering she grinned mischievously. “Hehe. Then would you go for him then?” she would ask as she jabbed a thumb in Hiro’s direction.

Surprisingly, Hiro did not flinch or complain at the idea. Something which completely floored Aria. Was he truly out of the loop with what was being said…or was there something about him she didn’t know? Now that she thought of it, her tactics didn’t work on him either. Then did he fall in the same gender boat? Or was he being quiet to destroy her fun?

Grr…These two…Why did they have be such meanies? She was suppose to be the victor here not them. And would listen to this guy!

“I would think that the knowledgeable would be more fun to speak with. At least you have more room to play. The clueless are kind of like babies with all that hand holding stuff. Not a bad thing all the time, but seriously it can get tedious,” the demon would say with a definite nod…a sign she had less patience for these sort of things. A few seconds later, she was angry again.

“Pfft. Call it what you like. I just like what I see, so love my attitude or not, my point is that I am going to stare and flirt with you like it or not. Sorry pal, but there is not other option in this game,” she said giving a devilish grin as her more malicious side came out. Sure, she didn’t plan physical harm to the guy, but when she wanted to be she could deal out her little vengeance about things in the most annoying of ways. It seemed that for the moment this beauty she could not have was getting the vengeance treatment. Either that or this was a way of showing her love to the guy. It was hard to say. Hiro just hoped it wouldn’t bite both of them at the same time. Let her take her own punishment alone for once.

Wait what?

Hiro blinked at the question as he thought about that. Try a path of love? That was a question he never sat down to consider. “Hmmm. I suppose if I found one that matched with me then yeah,” he would say. “And how can you find that if you’re so clueless in this matter?” Aria would demand as her agitation momentarily shifted into exasperation. To this, Hiro would fold his arms as he gave her glare.

“Yes that is true. I do have some things to figure out, but I am not that hopeless. So back off,” he growled at her. In turn Aria only giggled in amusement. “Oooo. Hit a nerve did I?” she would tease back. “Tch! Whatever,” Hiro would grumble as he looked away from the pair clearly peeved. Why was this even a thing at the moment?

Staying quiet to recollect himself a bit, he’d let the show between the pair continue watching them from the corner of his eye for the time being. Chuckling, Aria would look back at the other male just in time to see him give her a fangy grin. At first, she just gawked, but then slowly she would smirk back as she laid back down in the air. She wasn’t afraid of him. Nope. Not at all. Besides being closer meant she could take in the finer details even better. Win-win no?

And just like that she would forget about Hiro’s problem. After all, a creature like her was only capable of showing one emotion at a time with the curse of not being able to hide the emotion at all, so like shifting currents the mood would constantly change on this small demon. A thing she did not mind. She liked being honest about things anyway, so she found her traits enhancing rather than detracting. Overconfidence much? Maybe, but that was just how it was when it came to this demon.

“Hmph. I have less ways to deal with it,” Hiro would mutter still a bit peeved with Aria, but in the end was slowly calming again. Maybe the shift was a bit of his old self showing momentarily, but honestly there was only so much of a poke he could take before snapping. Aria knew this and yet seemed to like to do such things occasionally. Another bump, in their otherwise good relationship.

The annoyance on Hiro’s end would only increase as the little demon continued to poke and pry. When he had about as much as he could stand for the moment, that is when he acted and grabbed the little creature out of the air. She didn’t like it, but honestly he was not looking forward to her tripping up something down the road. Sure Sharaku had played with her this long, but how long before that play turned to something worse? Hiro honestly didn’t want to know the answer to that one. While Aria continued to throw a tantrum for a while longer, Hiro would look back at Sharaku as he spoke.

“That was what I was afraid of. She may not look it, but she can get much worse than that...and frankly I do not want to deal with that sort of thing at this point right now,” he said with a sigh pinching the bridge of his nose to ease the pressure of a headache. He suppose he was getting tired, but for now he kept the feeling at bay.

“Much worse, huh? I cannot comprehend something being worse than her when she has gotten started,” Hiro would say as he glanced at the bag. This little demon. Loveable, but such a pain in the ass at times. Seriously, there was no break with the little demon around…but in the long run that was okay. Cause in the end while she did have some really bad habits, the good moments out weighed the trouble she could bring. To the last part, Hiro would grin.

“True, but you guys can continue that another day. Right now it’s a bit too much for my brain to handle…though that was amusing,” he would admit as he watched the other brush away his hair. Hmph. He truly was a pretty creature, wasn’t he? In any case, a brief moment of silence would fall between them for a moment as Hiro looked out at the ocean, his mind beginning to feel heavy with fatigue.

“Hey Sharaku. It may be odd asking this since this is a first meeting, but…if there was a way, could we meet again sometime?” he would ask. A rare upfront move for the man, but one that showed just how at peace he was around the other.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Was it truly that hard...? Maybe for some, but Sharaku didn't really find it a big issue. Perhaps it was a result of having faced changes somewhat periodically. Thus he was already accustomed to the flow. At this point in time, he surely looked quite different than he had when he was 12 for example. A good deal of people wouldn't even recognize him from an old picture if they did not know beforehand that it was meant to be him. ''Well, you can still consider it good in a way. At least you're still human looking. Unlike me, who appears as part monster at this point.'', he'd remark in a laid-back manner. He was certainly amongst the oddest of the bunch, no matter how you looked at it. Thankfully, he didn't gripe about his appearance much. That was something he was completely fine with.

He would watch the other calmly, waiting for him to finish thinking. He wasn't really in a hurry at the moment, even if he was curious. ''Courage...'', he would muse to himself. That's a tricky one. Personally, he didn't have a big problem with it, mainly when he knew he wanted something. In his own way, he liked new things and some change, which would never happen if he was afraid of moving outside the line sometimes. ''I suppose you need to believe in your own abilities then. I'm sure there are things you are good at, and could use as a means to help you progress on your path.'' Everyone had some strengths.

After that, he would remain moreso quiet, acknowledging what was said, but choosing not to expand on the matters further until the poke back. ''It's an excuse for an excuse.'', he would respond nonchalantly. In a way, it was, although he would leave the other to interpret it to his own liking. He would smile thinly. ''When you get exposed to something a lot, you'll learn to deal with it.'' Not always, but he had his ways already. Only a few situations could unbalance him enough, and it didn't happen very often. That, and he accepted that he was strange anyway.

''Hm...''
, he would take a moment to think when Hiro called him out on the results he mentioned. ''Perhaps caused is not the best word. More so, influenced. It was partially my own fault. It's just that I didn't know what I was doing back then, so it wasn't exactly on purpose. I helped them do what they wanted in my own way, I suppose. On the other hand, it served me well enough, so I ought not to complain.'' It was a little complicated. It would take a longer story time to fully explain, so he just skimmed the basic details. To the rest of the statements, he would just nod calmly, not wanting to drag out conversations that were already done with.

''It is who I am.'', he would answer quite simply to Aria's accusations of him teasing. She invited him to poke around, and thus he would for as long as it kept him entertained. He would tilt his head. ''Not very much.'', he would state before raising an eyebrow at her question, giving Hiro a brief glance. ''Assuming the choice is you or him, then yes, I would.'', he'd answer rather smoothly, unbothered. He expected a similar jab, so she hardly surprised him much. And he was quite certain about his preferences, so she wouldn't catch him off guard by questioning his stance on genders.

''I play my own way. Besides, everyone has things they do not know well. I don't see a problem with needing to learn something, just because it takes time.'' He'd bet the little one too had things she sucked at. Wouldn't that be tedious to deal with, hm? He would laugh at her. ''Well, aren't you a bit of a hypocrite? You call me rude for not considering your interest. But isn't not giving me an option equally as rude? Staring is rude too. You sure you don't want to date your own ego instead?'', he would jab at her in a lax tone. She was asking for it, so he would deliver. Besides, she wasn't even able to really affect him with her words. She widely missed anything that could get to him seriously.

Ah? He would look between the two during the little conflict he seemed to have sparked. Eventually, he would snort. ''I think the hopeless one here is you little girl. Talking down on people will only get you contempt, not any kind of date. At least he isn't acting snobbish, because I see that as a major turn off for most people.'' She definitely needed a filter before she would get someone to be genuinely interested in her. Only a fool would lean towards someone that behaves like this right off the bat. That, or someone who thinks that a 'bad girl' is a good thing. Perhaps she was just compensating for her own inability to attract someone by dissing someone else. Wouldn't surprise him, even if it was done unconsciously.

He would narrow his eyes at her briefly after the grin, but leave it at that. He didn't particularly care much right now. ''I find that the best way is to wait until they destroy themselves. Overconfidence is one's own downfall.'' All you needed to do is hold out long enough, and they'd stumble into a trap on their own eventually. He would shake his head slightly at Hiro's worried after he stuffed her away. ''Maybe. But what can she really do to me anyway? I doubt she can take me on, so I have little to truly worry about.'' All she could do is talk into the air, really. He would give an amused huff. ''I see no need to consider it that bad. She tries to get back at me, but it would seem she isn't a good people reader. She can't seem to actually address something that would truly matter to me, so I'm guessing she isn't good at being a manipulator anyway.'' Which meant that she was just a slightly annoying distraction. He could see other matters as worse, because there were actually people that knew where to jab at to make an impact.

''Maybe. Alas I'm not very interested. She's predictable enough to start being boring to me at this point.'' That, and he liked his peace way too much. She was too disruptive, and not in a positive way. Hmm. He would blink as Hiro asked him about further meetings. That was a little unexpected...well. ''I wouldn't mind. Do you use a phone? If not, it might be somewhat tricky. I live at Penecia though, so we may meet if you come over there.'' Either way would work with him in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Acceptance of changes to himself were a bit harder to swallow than some would think. It wasn’t that Hiro was stuck in a rut or something, but rather he was not quite prepared for a complete make over to his looked. Sure he expected a little change, but this? This was just strange. The looks did not match either his old look or Akumu’s looks so it was a bit jarring at times when he did look in the mirror. Still, the chat wasn’t so much a complaint as an out loud wanderings about the change. It was rather bizarre; however… Blue eyes would drift over to Sharaku as he spoke.

“True, but at least you are certain that look is you and you alone,” Hiro would say to him and then giving a small smile. “Besides you don’t look that bad. At least to me you don’t.” The statement was honest and straight forward. The guy was still quite pretty underneath all of it…but then again Hiro lived around things far more monstrous than the man before him, so the form was normal in his eyes. Regardless, he could see where the man was coming from with the monster comment. He wondered if that made his life harder. Hmm, a wandering thought that Hiro decided not to pursue at the moment as the conversation began to shift to another topic... namely moving forward in life.

Hiro would hear the other’s words as he cupped his hand under his chin in thought. Believe in his own strengths?

“Heh. You mean outside of trying to break things?” Hiro would say the tone light-hearted rather than serious as he looked up at the other with a small smirk before becoming serious again. “But perhaps you are right and I have just forgotten what I was good at anymore. I suppose it is something I’ll find again along the way,” Hiro would muse as he thought about the strange path of rebirth before him. It was a strange and intimidating path, but the more time he spent with Sharaku the less fear he had of facing it. Perhaps this is what it felt like to have someone at your back rather than being on your own all the time. The feeling was quite nice even if it only existed now. The memory would be something to fall back on should he falter along the way. It would give him strength again…or so he hoped that is how it all worked.

In any case, the conversation would tick on as the sounds of waves and the cool breeze of the ocean surrounded them. To the man’s poke back, Hiro would chuckle amused at the words. This one was a curious creature indeed and entertaining to boot, even so he wouldn’t poke back with words this round.

“That is very true,” Hiro would respond back as he followed the man’s logic with that one. Repetition, no matter its form, almost always prepared you for situations that were similar to each other. He suppose it was left up to the person if they were going to get overly ruffled about something or not. He was just glad this one seemed chilled about things.  However, there was not much else to add to that for now, so like the other conversations that had no reason to be extending this one too would be dropped unless picked up again.

Hiro would tilt his head curiously at the other as he heard the words spoken. He was curious and actually wanted to pry a bit more on the subject; however, the fatigue that was slowly setting in on his end advised him not to do so, so for now he would nod with a tired blink.

“Mmm. I see," he would say for now as he pondered what was said for a bit more.

Meanwhile on the show: Wasting Time with Aria...

Things seemed to be getting a little too deep for the small pixie to handle as her opponent became a bit more vicious in his blows.

“It is who you are,” Aria would grumble in her own fashion mimicking him quite agitated with the man. She didn’t mind the poking, but she had bitten off more than she could chew this time. She was used to others floundering around and not actually fighting back when it came to these games…unless of course they were just out of the loop like Hiro. She honestly didn’t know how to handle this, but was to arrogant and stubborn to end the war she started. Things got even worse the more it went on. This one did not care for women and on top of that, he would chose plain and boring over herself! Was this guy blind or what? Clearly she was the better option. The pixie would begin to glow red, a sign she was losing her cool despite bringing the trouble upon herself.

“Geez really?” she would respond back as she folded her arms annoyed. “That is quite the boring game you like to play,” she would say in cool tones not really liking the fact that the guy didn’t seem to care if someone was smart or not. For her that was a big plus; however, calmness would end when the other jab back at her.

“No, it is not rude at all. You should just accept that as a given rule. Also, if you think you are higher than me bub I’ll prove you wrong in the end. You just wait. I will win you over whether think so or not,” she would say heatedly, her desire to have what she could not have only growing deeper the more this one pushed her away. Clearly, she had her own rules…either that or she was too narrowed minded to see it any other way. Oh, but the button pushing didn’t end there either. Oh no, he kept going.

Now he was trying to correct her ways?

“You think you know everything, don’t you? Well, you don’t sweetie. I know what the world wants and needs. I am not talking down to him, I am simply stating facts. If one can’t appreciate that, then they can get lost. Also I am not snobbish!” she would say still glowing red as she turned away from him. Oooh. She hated him, but at the same time loved him even more. A strange and unfortunate trait of this particular demon kind. In the end this would never work.  Never, but Aria could never see it that way. No she would keep going until she couldn’t anymore.

The overconfidence statement was the last straw and she was honestly thinking of going at the guy with a physical blow; however, Hiro decided to interfere and stuff her into a pouch. Steaming, she remained in the darkness listening to the muffled sounds of their voices for many long moments as she did her best to recompose herself. Jeez, she hadn’t gotten that upset with someone in a long while. Sure, it made her unfriendly and probably left a bad first impression; however, the demon liked the challenge it left afterwards. At least she had a target to focus her one track mind on.

Anyway, with that show ended Hiro would slowly relax as he was able to collect himself a bit from that ridiculousness. Yes it was amusing, but he had a lower tolerance for the show than the other seemed to have, so he ended it before it made him truly mad. He might have to pay for it in the end, but he would deal with that bridge when he had to.

“Mmm. She can’t do anything physically, but her kind are specialist in the magic department. Still, I honestly don’t think she would attack you like that. I am not sure, but maybe she likes your resistance? Can’t really say as her type are always hard to read thanks to always keeping their emotions out in the open and I can’t even begin to figure out what goes through their heads as far as partners go,” Hiro would say with a light huff before smirking at the others. “No her kind are definitely not good at manipulating, but then again some of the older ones have power to back them up, so there is no need for them to try that if they think they can just level you out with magic.”

The strange pixie like demon race that Aria came from was indeed a strange bunch that could be annoying, but also quite a pain in the ass to deal with if underestimated. Sure, Aria was the minor evil of these tricksters, but even so their power was nothing to scoff at once one did encounter one that was powerful, but his mind was wandering to places it didn’t need to be right now. Where were they? Oh yes.

Hiro would smile lightly at the words.  “I see. Well, let’s hope that will eventually get through her head. I’d hate for her to do something to truly tick you off,” he would say calmly, his tone suggesting he wasn’t super worried about this, but still held caution. A habit from being burned one too many times thanks to the little demon’s play.

“I used to have one two years back, but I am afraid it has been lost since then,” Hiro would say as he shoved his hands into his pant pockets and he gave the other a sheepish look. Yeah…phones didn’t seem to carry over or last very long the world he had lived in before. He kind of forgot the need for one until it was brought up. “So Penecia Island. It might be tricky, but perhaps if I wander enough I’ll find you again and maybe next time I’ll have phone, so we won’t have to worry about a hunt,” he would give the other a light smile before becoming silent again.

When the conversation came to an end, Hiro would give the other a light nod.

“Well then, Sharaku, as much as I have enjoyed the conversation, I am afraid I am going to have to excuse myself. So until next time we meet. Take care,” he said giving the other a respectful bow. If the other did nothing to stop him, he would move from his spot on the beach and move pass the man he had met. That conversation was nice despite how Aria tried to ruin it. He was still alive and unharmed, so maybe if they met again, they could continue the conversation and perhaps then with less distraction from his winged friend. At least that was something Hiro hoped for down the road; however, Fate always had a strange way of bringing people together once more for other reasons.

Unless stopped, Hiro has exited the thread.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:43 am

((OoC: Too lazy to write an essay as an exit, so I'll just cut it to what happens from Aria and onwards. Most is irrelevant for an exit anyway.))

''Exactly.'', he'd state back at her in a matter of fact tone. If she had an issue with him being himself, then she clearly didn't even deserve a try in the first place. She already confirmed that all she cared about from the start were his looks, and he found that extremely shallow. That, and he was not going to change his personality for anyone. A small to medium compromise for someone he really cared about, yes, but not beyond that. Trying to put him in a box of sorts equaled a huge fail, for he would never go out of his way did he not want to himself at least a little bit. And even though he could forgive an occasional misstep, her behavior was downright unacceptable in his book. ''So? It's boring to you, not me. I think I'm entitled to decide what I think myself.'', he would shrug lightly. It wasn't his problem that she was too impatient to consider teaching someone a thing.

Though, when she went and rounded off on him, he would actually react. His eyes would narrow as he'd sneer at her, suggesting some sort of distaste at the very least. ''Sorry to pop your bubble princess, but the only rules I adhere to are my own, and ones that I come to accept. I can't care less as to who is considered to be higher, but I will not do what I do not want to. Considering that you aren't even doing anything to earn my respect, don't expect that you will get anything from me just because you say so.'' She could keep talking to the air, sure. But she was sorely mistaken if she thought he would give to someone like her. He'd sooner bite off her head than that. He had his personal boundaries he would not break unless he was completely commited to someone. Honestly, her behavior was just equivalent to asking him to spit in her face. Literally. He just had enough self control to not do that without being provoked way too far right now. He would roll his eyes. ''Maybe I would give your words credit if you didn't go and contradict yourself within three sentences. You know what the world wants, sure. Who is the one that thinks they know everything then?'', he would shrug nonchalantly. ''What I meant is that he is obviously not pleased by what you call 'facts', thus your actions aren't entirely positive regardless. Those weren't even facts, but your personal opinion on the matter anyway.'' She was just being impulsive to all hell, and couldn't even prove herself very well. ''Acting like a brat won't help you. I'd gladly get lost, for your information. I know what's not good for me.'' He wouldn't even regret that. She wasn't going to guilt trip him by being childish.

Regardless of her frustrations and all, he wasn't going to budge on his personal opinion like this. Thanks to Hiro, he wouldn't even need to consider so, apperently. He would huff. ''Resistance? I am saying no because I am honestly not interested. If she can't even recognize that, well...'', he would shrug. There's a difference between playing hard to get, and being serious about no interest. ''Power is not everything.'' One probably shouldn't rely only on that. ''If she doesn't, then it's not like it's my problem. Play with fire and you'll get burned. She'll get what she's asking for.'' He'd play the game only for so long before she'd see some real consequences. Hmmm. No phones then. That made it tricky. ''Maybe. Although I don't always hang around there. It's just where I live.'' He couldn't guarantee he was always to be found there.

''Very well then.'', he would nod at Hiro, letting the other pass by. While he'd turn towards the ocean for a while. Now that he was here, might as well watch something calming for a bit...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:58 pm

A Bond has been Forged...

Sharaku Rikei of the Jester Arcana and Hiro of the Devil Arcana has forged a Social Link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebirth (Open)   Rebirth (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebirth (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2