Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A day of rocks [Sada]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A day of rocks [Sada] Empty
PostSubject: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:18 pm

So far, so good. It wasn't often that one would see Sharaku outside, and doing something that wasn't basically just a type of wandering around with no purpose at all. Was this any better? Maybe. He would certainly say it was better than hanging around others. At least this place was mostly on the quiet side, and he could do whatever with little chance of getting into something he would rather not. Even if doing something meant attempting to climb on rocks. He probably looked rather odd doing that, but he didn't particularly care.

Physical activity was always good for stress, and he wouldn't deny that running into people he knew lately was kind of frustrating in some cases. The view here was nice too.

Currently, he was hanging upside down from the top of a rock, staring out at the ocean. He probably appeared rather strange...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Why was Sada here in the Rocky caverens? Why indeed? Surely he was here because f the fact that there were plenty of ghost stories surrounding this place, along with rumors of people going missing at night or something. Things of ghost, the supernatural, things that aren't supposed to necessarily exist at all. It intrigued him to a degree, and Sada wanted to see all of this for himself. "......" The footsteps could be heard, a bit echoing to a degree as Sada came across a rock formation and a man being upside down on a rock. Sada had no clue what this man was doing, but he looked familiar. "Conspiracy theorist...."Sada would say simplistically as if it's the only name he had for him. "What are you doing?" Is it a concicidence? Sada looking for something interesting, and the same man that patronizes him to a degree of not experiencing what he wants, is here before him once more?

Weakness
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Hmmm, the water could actually be interesting to look at. Or perhaps he was just in an unusually calm mood today. Otherwise he might have been bored by now, as great as ocean waves were. Too bad the weather wasn't quite...''Hm?'' Well, he really hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings if he has not noticed someone walking close by until they spoke up. The downside of daydreaming. Then again, he wasn't really scared that he would get attacked or something during the few minutes he was not looking around. Even though the chances were always there. Blinking a few times, he would focus his gaze on the person that disturbed him, but stay upside down as he was. ''Mm, hello. Didn't think I'd see you again so soon.'' The world was small sometimes. ''Not doing anything special. Just spending some time outside.'' He would have said alone as well, but that wasn't correct anymore. Regardless, he appeared to be in a rather laid-back mood right now, not making a big fuss about the guy being around, or calling him stuff.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 3:46 am

Right....." It was quite unconvincing for Sada's taste, but if thats the story that this man wanted to go with, Sada would hate to counteract him. He seemed boring anyway, so Sada dismissed the notion of Sharaku being here for any other reason other than hanging out. "I just find it quite odd that someone like you would he bere of alll places. The amount of ghost stories and rumors of strange thhinges happening here once, and instad of finding those things, i find you..." Of course the counteract of Sada desires is a man in his late 20's that has a tendency to act like a know it all. Either way, Sada ended up climing on th other rock formation in a rather skilledful or even abnormal way to some. He basically climed up so nautrally without any sort of struggle. After sada got to the top, he would sit down and sigh.

strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 7:51 am

''...?''

Sure, it was sort of odd for him, but...why would the guy assume so anyway? They met once. There was no way one would be accurately able to tell what he would do and what not. 'Someone like you'. What did that even mean? ''Hm? What do you mean? We've talked to each other only once. It's not like you can surely know what is odd for me to do or not. Or are you a psychic?'' His tone was mostly just perplexed, albeit he felt like the other might just think he was trying to provoke him somehow. Then again, you can't control how people perceive your words. ''Anyway...'' He found more interest in the latter part of what was said. Ghost stories and strange things? Did that have to do with what happened two years ago? It seemed like the most likely possibility. Stuff had happened in many places, and this one probably wasn't an exception. Even though Sharaku wasn't really familiar with what all happened here exactly, as he did not come here often in the past. But surely, something probably has, simply because the entire Azores had been involved at some point. But it was hard to think properly when upside down.

With a faint huff, he would drop off the rock, staying in a handstand for a few moments, before flipping back to his feet. It was easier to see the other from this angle as well. ''What kind of stories do you mean? I think I know what you may be talking about, and if it is so, then you won't really find anything here anymore. It's all past, unless something breaks out once again.'' Which was always possible. Non-human beings still existed. Afterall, it's not like his own Shadow vanished after the calamity was solved. It was just a matter of whether something happened to bring them over here, where they didn't really belong naturally.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 5:43 pm

"Not to say i have a good sense of judgment myself, but you left quite an impression...if anything at all." Sada would say in a "matter of fact" tone as he looked at the sky. Maybe the sight up here was pretty interesting for the time being. It's vastness reminded sada of a whole world that he can explore, the amount of things that he can possibly capture and cultivate, or experience at his own leisure. Everything out there, simply waiting for his arrival. That train of thought was sadly broken though, it seemed that the mysterious man seemed to wonder what kind of stories Sada meant "Strange happenings, shadowy figures, black water, things rumored from two years ago that I haven't necessarily experienced myself. I was.... out..." Literally, there was the Spectre project that Sada had to account for, there is a degree of lost time that Sada isnt even aware of yet.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Vague statements at their best. But perhaps the fact that the guy wasn't refering to himself as the better one was a good start. As much as the type of impression could be questionable. Most likely, he came off as rather odd, more than anything else. ''Well then, I'll take that as a compliment.'', he would state in a laid-back tone, choosing not to polemize over it too much for now. If the guy wanted him to know what he thought, then it would come clean eventually. Currently, he wasn't in the mood to pick anything just to know where he stood, as much as he did like figuring that out in most cases.

Hm. Well, that confirmed what he thought. What was there to say though? Indeed, the rumors were from two years ago. One could hardly expect anything to be still visible when the only rumors were from back then, right? ''Hm, yes. That is true. Those things are true, but that was two years ago. How likely it is to happen again in any form, I do not know.'', he would scratch the back of his head lightly. ''Though, I think you said you do not necessarily believe in the supernatural, right? This particular investigation will only lead you to those matters. From Shadows to Angels, it's always on the side of inhuman in some way. Even a lot of people that were around at the time do not understand the full extent of what had happened.'', he would look towards the ocean in thought. ''If I may ask, is there a reason why you show interest in this?'' The guy already seemed to be the kind of person that isn't a big believer in Gods and the like. So why chase stories and rumors?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:18 pm

I don’t, but everyone seems to do, constantly on edge whenever they mention things that don’t even exit. Is it just a hunch, a rumor? Seems to be if it’s not showing itself in front of me. “ Sada would say, as he looked away. If there’s something I want, then I’ll have it, I want the truth, and so far, the truth is… you’re all out of your heads. There is nothing in this world, that I can’t grasp with my own eyes, and if I’m not seeing it, it doesn’t exist, end of story“ With a simple shrug, Sada brushed it off. How can something be so over him that it's left for him to understand without any sort of proof or background? He needed more than that. But then, something clicked with Sada as he looked at Sharaku. “ What did you say a moment ago, shadows? What’s that, what are you talking about? “It’s the second time he mentioned something abnormal, or did something abnormal. The first thing was when he was talking to himself, the second is mentioning something unrecognizable to biblical terms. Angels is angel bullshit, but shadows? What the hell could that mean. “You know something?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:16 am

Sharaku would chuckle lightly. At the very least, this guy knew how to be amusing. Although that firm refusal to believe anything that has not left a proof behind is a little troubling to deal with. ''They have a good reason to be on edge. Afterall, what they talk about had almost caused the world to be destroyed two years ago. I'm sure they fear it could happen again, and actually succeed this time around.'' It was surprising to hear people were still spreading rumours about those happenings. Right now, there was really little to no tangible proof, and it could seem very farfetched to people that were newcomers or the like. He would tilt his head at the other. ''I'm afraid that is how it is. You either accept things that have no full proof, or choose to not believe them. There are many situations when something does not leave behind a tangible proof once it is done, and someone digging a few years later has little to go on. Certain things happen simply in the moment, and when they are done, they are also gone. You don't happily stay around and let people gawk at you like an exposition once you do something big and dangerous that they would most likely hate you for, do you? And things or beings that die can't remain either. I can understand why you'd be skeptical, considering what the heart of the matter is about, but I still have to say that unless it somehow happens again, real proof is either not here, or too scarce to be truly observed.'' Even if he could understand the point of view, there was nothing he could do about the current situation. Afterall, he himself liked proof in many situations. Not to the extent this guy was asking for it, but proof was always a nice thing to have when you aren't sure.

What could he show? Shadows in natural form were long gone, so were Angels and the portals to the other worlds. And those were the most important ones. He would frown lightly, thinking to himself. Well, there was one thing he 'could' do. He couldn't evoke his Shadow's full power in these conditions, but there were still certain tricks he could perform. Would that change anything? ''Hm. There is one thing I could do. I can't prove exactly what had happened, but I can prove to you that supernatural matters and happenings exist in some way or form. That is, if you want to see.'' He seemed to be willing to go out of his way right now.

Sharaku would blink. Now Shadows were the interesting ones? ''Yes, Shadows. They are probably the 'shadowy figures' you heard about. At least, I assume people could have called them that at some point. Shadows are a type of being, you could say. But they are...kind of like a physical manifestation of negativity, or such would be the easiest explanation for their existence. Most often, they appear as various black blobs of goo, but stronger and more intelligent ones do have animal or human like shapes, and may even be able to speak. It's hard to relate them to anything human, to be honest, for they are not. Even though some Shadows can be born out of a specific human's negative side.'' Maybe a lenghty explanation would help the no proof problem a bit? He didn't know, but either way, he would rather explain properly when he was already doing it. Technically, there was proof for this one, but it wouldn't work, as the guy previously thought he's talking to himself, rather than anything else.

''Define 'something'? I know what I've seen or participated in. Or been told from others. I've been here two years ago when it happened. What I know is what I've gone through during the time. That is all.'', he'd answer, giving the guy a contemplative stare.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 3:18 pm

"Oi, then what are you waiting for? Prove it to me that they exist or not." Sada was a bit demanding, or his tone of voice of finding out if they existed or not was obvious towards the fact that it both intrigued him and annoyed him."....." Sada was quiet when he was listening to this man's explanation as to what Shadows were and the details about them. Animal and human shapes, creatures that are born out of the negative sides of humans. Sada didn't deny this outlandish explanation, he was always in the habit of listening two times as much before he made his judgment on things. Though, if this man was willing to give him more information, Sada was determined to take as much as it from as he can, as long as it continues to prove useful to him.

"You seem to know much... and you said participated. What did you mean by that?" Two years ago, there it is again. Sada was unconscious for the rest of the year apparently due to the specter project, he had no clue as to what was going on at that time.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 pm

''Correction, I can only prove supernatural exists in itself. I can't decently prove beings of the kind being around. As for why am I waiting? I don't fancy having to do this very much.'' There was a difference between the two of them. He was aware of the power he held, but he did not wish to abuse it in any way or form. This guy however...it was easy enough to see that he wanted to use anything as he saw fit. This one was actually seeking power, even though Sharaku wasn't certain for what goal just yet. Which wasn't really a good thing, but he couldn't do much about it at this point. He would play along for now. He wouldn't be harmed that easily. He could operate on the point that the guy could not really force him into anything, for he knew how to defend himself, and had the means to do so.

But now...he had to actually do something. In the back of his mind, he had hoped he wouldn't have to. As much as he was acutely aware that there had been a fat chance all along, simply based on this guy's attitude towards things. Hmm, what though. He could go with his prefered route of summoning some butterflies, but he supposed it would be more effective to show something more out there in this case. He doubted the guy would be convinced by him making butterflies out of thin air. The things he did sometimes. He would stretch his arms a bit. ''Very well, since you are so eager. Watch me for a moment.'', he would state, before moving up towards the big rock he had been hanging off of not so long ago. With quite the smoothness and speed, he would procceed to slash the structure apart into small rock pebbles using his bare hands, the pieces of rock apparently coated with a sheen of ice, as if it was the temperature drop itself making it crumble. Either way, the hard rock probably appeared more like some sand, with how fast it gave out. Afterall, he was using his weapon to do this, and real world objects stood no chance against this power, no matter what material were they made of. ''Hm. This world is really fragile when you look at it...'', he would mutter, talking moreso to himself right now. Though the guy was free to comment if he so chose.

He would tilt his head slightly when he got nothing for his explanation, but say nothing. He was sure the guy would ask had he wanted something specific. ''Another way to say being involved. And from a certain angle, it could have even been called a sort of game, in which case participation is a valid term to use.'', he would smile thinly, leaving it at that.

Stuff:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Seeing Sharaku perform actually did something to Sada. It was a bit different than most reactions that Sada , it generated two at the same time. The first was a look of surprise, of awe and wonder. Was this it? Something that made this man able to crush rocks at ease? This is power, isn’t it? The fact that this man was able to destroy that boulder with no effort whatsoever. It was incredible. After the moment of wonder passed by, Sada only smiled, but it was more wicked than before.

A day of rocks [Sada] D0725ee2592111382f9637ceb27023b4
“ Is it now? Of course, it is. Of course you would think that, only those with power could possibly think that!” This reality can't get in your way of achieving what you want in life, and you have everything you need to make a difference about it. Sada jumped off of the rock, displaying a show of interest in the man from the way looked at him. “What’s your name?” This guy……..was strong….. Sada had to acknowledge that at least.

This game you played, is that why you have this power? Or is that’s the reward for winning this game in the first place?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Well now, that was quite the reaction. Partially expected of someone who had no knowledge of this. On the other hand, the words spoken made Sharaku frown a bit, out of reflex. He didn't really like the way the guy phrased it all. Perhaps, it had some truth in it, but he did not care about that aspect of power at all. It held no meaning to him, aside from having the means to defend what mattered to him when the time called for it. Aside from that? He did not care enough. ''It's only a speculation. It is true that such power can overcome a lot. I could even kill you here and now, was it something I wished to do. Yet, I do not. I never asked for this power to begin with. I may be able to exercise raw strength and magic, but it will not give me what I seek. I don't want some world domination or anything like that. What would I gain by being a destroyer?'' Nothing. Only having people fear him. He wanted nothing to do with that.

''Sharaku Rikei. How about you then?'' Might as well get a name in return if they were suddenly doing this. He would prefer this not be onesided. ''It was a catalyst. Allowing people full use of their powers, if they had any, or managed to unlock them with time. No more than that. I learned to use it properly during the time, but my abilities did not come from what happened. There was no winner in that game. It took the effort of a lot of people to even put an end to it, before everyone was killed.'', he would shake his head slightly. ''I can't even use the full extent of my powers right now. Only the parts that do not require a certain environment to be evoked. And I'll have you know I am not the only one. There are plenty individuals of varying strength here in Azores, most of them the survivors of what happened two years ago. They simply do not make it a habit to stick out of the crowd and make a ruckus. Normal people are wary of the supernatural nowadays.'' There's no reason for him to even think about running around and showing off.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 1:58 am

Morihiro Sada.." Sada would say his name in return, it was only fair. Also, he was going to be famous anyway, might as well get to know his name before he became out of reach. "Kill me? It sounds so easy actually, those without powers like yours has tried all the same. They might nit have killed my body, but they did take something from me, that killed my spirit... nearly... but I got it back... " That was a story for another time. "I realized something, you have everything I want, and you never have to ask for it. I like that, you achieve power but you look at it in spite... its granted to you because you deserve it. Reaching the level, power that seeks you instead... you're privileged.... why aren't you happy?" Sada gave Sharaku a sense of legitimate confusion, was sharaku just being mature about it?

"Normal people fear what they don't understand. They even seek to outright reject it... but not me... if it's before me..ill embrace it with open arm.... and claim something like that as my own. One day... I two will achieve power.... and live my life the way i want. " Sada clenched his hand in a fist and looked back at Sharkau. " Is your only desire to protect what you cherish? Humor me, what do you cherish in a fragile world? What do you seek?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:19 am

''Is that why you're after power now...?'' It would make sense that after being beaten down, one would wish to be the one on top somehow, to show that they ain't the weak one. Even though an extreme like this was something he'd call unusual. Still, powers were not an answer to everything. A normal person could kill him were they skilled. Sure, he could destroy any object in this world, but only when he noticed it. Things like guns were still an issue. Unless he could actually catch the bullets effortlessly, his powers were pointless, because he would probably get shot eventually anyway. It's not that easy. He would tilt his head at the guy. ''I don't despise it. I simply do not believe it is of importance to me in normal life. I'm not happy, because power like this can't give me anything I would want. All it can do is be potentially destructive and dangerous. I don't feel the need to hurt anyone. I will use it when it is needed, but not just because.'' Sure, he could be careful about using it, but it was still risky. He wasn't willing to cause an armaggedon just to get something. There were plenty other ways to achieve goals. It didn't have to be this.

He would look at Sada quizzically. ''Why like this? Power may be an easy shortcut to certain things, but surely you do not need this to achieve your goals, unless you wish for the nearly impossible. What kind of life do you even want?'' What would you literally need this for? Many things can be gained simply by honest effort afterall. He would blink at the question...''Yes, perhaps is it. Is that a bad thing?'' He would do that, sure. Would it all even matter if he let everything he had around him be destroyed and all? He would pinch the bridge of his nose. This was hard to answer. He wasn't sure he was able to formulate an exact answer to this one. ''It is because I respect humanity. Everyone else is a person just like me. If I use them all as stepping stones for something...what do I gain? I will be alone, because everyone will hate me for being a greedy bastard. It's the same as the saying 'Money can't buy you happiness'. Perhaps temporarily, but what you gain by being too selfish is not happiness, it's simply momentary satisfaction of being the winner. But that shall pass, and you'll only find yourself looking for another buzz. Perhaps until you destroy yourself as well. People need each other in the end. Seek to control the world coldly, and you just might find yourself going insane eventually.'', he would sigh lightly. ''I don't need power to live in a normal world. I can achieve my goals by using my own skills and abilities, instead of relying on the supernatural. It may be something that is mine to wield, but in the end, it is not the means we are meant to use for tasks that do not require it. It only leads to corruption when used not wisely.'' That was his stand on the matter, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day of rocks [Sada]   A day of rocks [Sada] Empty

Back to top Go down

A day of rocks [Sada]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next