Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel

Daniel

The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) Empty
PostSubject: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:53 am

Sake sighed it was nighttime he was leaning up against a wall on the sidewalk, and currently was trying to get some sleep. Sleeping seemed to come to no avail he listened for some sound from the alleyway he was in he never knew when he was being followed the mustachioed man sighed he was always not getting sleep thanks to his insomnia. Sake then stood up walking down the surprisingly empty streets, there was no other living people in sight. Sake then untied the jug of Alcohol that was tied around his sash he uncorks it and starts drinking the beverage going down his throat. Sake recorked the bottle he and placed it back were it belonged. Sake felt the hairs on the back of his neck go up maybe, he was just being paranoid but to just make sure somebody from the clan of Spies wasn't following him. The mustachioed mans ears perked he could have swore he just hear footsteps, and the he stopped he had enough of this. "Whoever is there better come out I can hear you, you can come out if you want" Sake said hoping the person wasn't hostile, he was in no mood to get into a fight right now.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:36 am

The being had not been following the strange man, but rather had been traveling along the same pathway he had chosen. While the man was coming down the alley one way drinking his drink, the being came the opposite way eatting what appeared to be some form of shishkebab. As it munched on the combo of meats and veggies on a stick, it held in its free hand three other kebabs wrapped tightly in foil to keep them warm.

The being had to admit it was quite enjoying the food as its mind stayed grounded in reality for once. The night air only added onto the relaxation the creature felt at this moment. So it kept walking only pausing when it heard the approach of another coming from the pathway up ahead. While the creature wasn't scared or anything like that, it was a bit curious as to who would also be lurking about in alley. Sure, the being was strange and so coming down an alley where it could potentially be stabbed was nothing unusual for this creature to do, but to have another that was just as uncaring about the danger of such a path? Now that was just plain strange…and yet it was the strangeness that kept the creature rooted to its spot as it tilted its head from one side to the other listening and observing the pathway ahead.

When the strange man came into view, Oki would give him a blank glance before deciding to stoop down and crouch as the man spoke. Not exactly hiding since it was right in the pathway, the being went back to eating its food.

“You know,” the being began speaking around a mouth full of veggies and meat. “ ‘Hats how folk end ump dead. W'at imf we wanted to kill ya?” the creature would pause to swallow what it had in its mouth before examining the stick. It still had a few more bites left on it, so it took another bite of the food. “You make job easy by speakin' out like that. Should be more careful,” the creature would finish before falling into silent chewing as it kept an eye on the guy up ahead.

Mood Box:

Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 3:30 am

"Well If I died no one would miss me to much I'm just some homeless bum"   Sake said to the young woman with honesty. "Well then I suppose I should Introduce myself it would be rude otherwise,  I am Sake the Martial Artist Hobo"  Sake said to the young woman as he himself sat down. "I'm not sure how I feel about these Islands a lot of people are boring, but there are also a few interesting people here". Sake sighed Azores was still strange and new to him, it didn't help that he has never been here before. Sake started to drink from his jug the alcoholic beverage parching his thirst. Sake remained quiet observing the younger woman, he had never met a person with such a strange way of talking before. "So are you out here because you couldn't sleep, I myself have insomnia so I barely get an hour of sleep a day" Sake was wondering why the younger lady was here. Sake's eyes darted to rooftops to small nooks and crannies to see if THEY were following him he still needed to be alert after all, and Sake didn't want to be jumped either.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 2:09 am

Oki would finish the kebab it was working as it listened to the guy and watched his approach. It was unphased by him getting closer as it placed the empty stick next to itself and took in the words spoken. It would not respond until after the man had sat down and decided to introduce himself.

"Homeless bum, huh? So you be wanderer like us?" the being would ask as it tilted its head curiously at the other as it tried to comprehend exactly what the man meant by his words. It would be quiet for a moment and then realizing it should give its own name, the creature spoke. "We be Oki. Nice to meet you Sake," it would say as it folded one leg so that it could sit. It would rest the unopened kebabs on its lowered leg before propping its now free hand on its raised knee. Quite comfortable despite the odd surroundings, the being would continue.

"These islands are nice and the people nice too. Quite frankly we are happy with the boring," the being said with a light grin. These islands...were really something wonderful when they were peaceful. "Oho! Wait! Sake be new to the islands?" the being would ask after a moment as its mind processed the rest of what was said. After the question was spoken, the creature would fall silent to see if the other would answer; however, its mind would begin drifting elsewhere as the silence ticked on.

"Huh?" Oki would blink at the question that snapped it out of drifting thoughts. Why was it out here? "Well...Oki can sleep okay, but not when hungry. We came out to find favorite shop for kebabs. Lucky, they open only at night, so food be fresh," the being said with a grin quite pleased with the food it had. Oh....

"Did you want some?" the creature asked as it gestured to the still wrapped kebabs. Sure, it loved food and on a bad day would be reluctant to share; however, today was one of its better days, so why not offer?

In any case, the creature would make its offer before becoming quiet again as it noticed the other looking up at the rooftops. The way he was observing them was bothersome.

"Lose something up there?" the creature would ask in calm casual tones not exactly trying to be pushy with its curiosity on the man's strange nature.

Mood Box:
Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Sake listened to the Woman as he finally lowered his guard. Sake nodded at Oki he agreed the boring was night the less random fighting there was the better in his opinion. "Yeah I'm new to the islands" Sake said nonchalantly. "No thank you, I'm not hungry don't eat much these days" Sake said with a smirk. Then Oki asked if he Lost something up there "Haha nah never know someones following me ya know" Sake said with a laugh. Sake then took a swig of alcohol from his jug. Sake was always nervous he didn't know who was following or when so he was kind of paranoid. Sake then took a swig from alcohol, and waited on Oki to say something.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:54 am

The air around the man seemed to relax, letting Oki know he had lowered his guard or at least had become comfortable around it. A good thing considering that it was much easier to hold a conversation when everyone wasn’t sitting on pins and needles.

“Ah, a newcomer. Well welcome. Welcome,” Oki would say with a friendly smile as it nodded at the other. “Some might try and turn you to the tour guides to get to know the island, but if you ask us, we think exploring on your own is more meaningful, especially if you are planning to be here a while. Say where do you come from anyway?” Oki would begin before pausing to make its offer of food. When the other refused, the being would simply nod as it unwrapped another kebab and began eating it as it waited for an answer to its question. Welp more food for itself. It didn’t quite understand this whole refusal to eat thing, but then again it wasn’t about to start questioning it either. It seemed it had met only one person that keep up with it as far as eating went and that person was---.

Oki would push that thought away rather quickly. There was no need to go down that path, especially not in front of a stranger. In any case, it would refocus on the other as he answered its question about the roof tops. When it heard his answer, the being would raise an eyebrow.

“Mmm? You be hunted? What for?” the being asked before falling silent to finish off the second kebab and also to listen. While it was eating, it noticed the other kept drinking from that strange container he had. It knew it was some form of liquid in there and from what it could smell, it seemed like it was alcohol. It wondered was it a good idea to drink that fast? Wouldn’t he get drunk? And if so wouldn’t that be bad if he was being hunted? Wouldn’t that give the enemy or whatever an advantage? Huh. Such a strange man.
Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 am

"Asia...I come from Asia" Sake said calmly that's all he would say about that he didn't need to tell the woman were he actually came from, she wouldn't believe him if he told her the truth anyways. Sake took another swig from his jug a cheesy grin coming to his face. Sake then scratched at the scar on his face the darkness of night actually calmed him down quite a bit, the night was a great time of day unfortunately he couldn't see the stars. "Too bad I can't see the stars from these islands very well, back home I could look up and see thousands of stars" Sake said with a bitter smirk. Sake didn't understand why he couldn't keep his mouth shut. "The reason I'm being hunted I'd rather not talk about it, if that's OK with you it's a long and painful story, and you wouldn't believe me if I told the truth anyway ha ha" Sake said with some honesty in his eyes maybe he was drunk, but that couldn't be it he knew when he is drunk.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 2:10 pm

“Asia, huh?” Oki said as it paused on eating a piece of meat. “That’s a big place. What part?” it asked seeming open minded and not really doubting the man’s words. Why should it? Everyone that lived on these islands had their own stories to tell and it wasn’t like Azores was the only place out there. So the possibility of someone being from another country or place was not unusual in Oki’s book. After all, it wasn’t a native to this place either; however, it rather not go back to that part of life. Still, the man didn’t have to tell it anything if he didn’t want to. He didn’t seem to want to expand before, so maybe he had secrets he didn’t want revealed. Regardless, Oki being Oki would ask its questions, its curiosity accepting no other ways in the matter.

In any case, the being would meet the grin it got from its welcoming the guy to the island with a light smile of its own before going back to the food. It would finish the second skewer before placing it down on the ground next to it along side the first. Looking at the last two kebab's it debated about eating the third, but then opting to save the last ones for later, it would place the items carefully in a deceivingly small looking pouch that was much deeper than one would think. With the food secured for later, Oki would pick up the two sticks and using the left over foil, it would wrap the now clean sticks in it before placing the trash by its side again. Reaching into a back pouch, it pull out the bottle of water it had with it. Opening it, it would take a swing of the cool liquid before replacing the cap on it as it looked over at the man with a nod.

“Mmm. In the towns and cities the buildings block out the sky; however, if you are a climber and can get on the roofs, the sky is all yours again. Though, we must admit the best places to go for star gazing are a bit further out and less populated than here. We personally like Lunapa and the beaches there. It is a great rest place and perfect for relaxation and star gazing,” the being would say as its eyes looked up at the sky for a moment. The sky was a blank canvas meaning it should’ve been pitch black; however, the eerie light from the unnatural stars that hung in the sky illuminated the world, their strange beauty hidden by the buildings. Oki would blink and look back at the other.

“You said you could view the stars easily from home? What was your home like?” it asked curious both about the guy and why he seemed bitter when saying his words. Did he not want to share or something? Huh.

“Heh. Try us. We’ve heard a lot of stuff in our life. You might be surprise how much we actually will believe,” Oki said with a lopsided grin. A slight play, but one that wasn’t far from the truth either. It really was open to various things. Even so…

Oki’s face would become serious once more. “Still, if you don’t want to share that is fine. We are not a fan of digging up uncomfortable subjects,” the being said as it gave the other a sheepish look. To be honest, it had its own crap to deal with so it could understand the desire not to share pain.
Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm

"He's from a clan of Gypsy's that's your freebie info Oki" a whit haired man was standing at the entrance of the alley he is wearing a suit and tie but he has a lazy look on his face Sake glares at him for giving info up about his past so freely. Sake then watched as the man shrugged an annoyed look was on Sake's face now. "Sake you know very well that the first piece of info is free now Oki will have to for info from now on" the man said with a bored look still on his face still.
The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) Gintoki-sakata-gintoki-25597383-640-480
"Sorry about this Oki he's Sal an informant and friend of mine, so what are you doing here Sal" Sake apologized to Oki then turned his attention back to Sal. Sal just shrugged and sat next to Sake stealing the jug out of Sake's hand taking a swig. "Well someone has to have your back might as well be me" Sal said with a bored look still on his face, but his words seemed sincere. Sake glared at the man for stealing his alcohol jug out of his hand.  "Well Oki Sorry about this jerk he always thinks about how to get more customers don't use him his info is useless" Sake said to Oki with a big grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Oki had been focused on the man that was sitting before it, so when another voice answered a question posed, the being would tense slightly as the sound reached its ears. Turning slightly in its crouched position, the being’s green eyes would shimmer lightly from the shadows of its hat and high collar as it studied the newcomer.

The newcomer was a white haired man that was well dressed and looking like he was bored out of his mind. He seemed harmless enough even if it was kind of odd how he had snuck up on them like that. Hmm...Maybe this guy’s hidden presence was why Sake had been feeling paranoid before then. Regardless of the unexpected change, Oki’s eyes would narrow, a sign it was grinning behind the high collar of its jacket that currently hid the lower portion of its face when it turned.

“So you’ve been listening to us chat then? Naughty. Naughty to spy and not say hello,” the being would say, its words a warning it did not care for spy work when it came to others ease-dropping on them. Even so, the words kept a playful air considering this one wasn’t a hostile and on top of that Sake seemed to know the other.

As Oki let the other approach and join them, it would watch the interaction between Sake and the other with a blank stare for a moment before it was blinking and shaking its head, quite amused.

“Oho? Is that so?” Oki would ask as smirk crossed its lips. “Now how can someone be useless when he gives information so freely?” the being would say as its eyes locked on the other narrowed with a grin. It had not missed what was said nor did it ignore the fact that these two were in the same boat with each other. Sure, it might have to work harder for more information, but if the other was informant then perhaps it could pick at the other for what he knew. Who knew? The being might get something else for free. In any case, it was worth a try considering it wasn’t sure if the other was asking for money or something else with his other statement.

If they were asking for the former, then the business man was out of luck there. Oki never paid with material goods for information it could be gained through a different sort of trade. Regardless of the thoughts, the creature would chuckled when the banter between the pair ended.

“Well then Sal, it is a pleasure to meet you,” the creature would say with a light bow of respect to the other. After the bow, Oki would become calm once more as it looked between the two men for a moment before speaking.

“So what is the price to learn exactly what this gypsy clan is?” Oki would ask its nature remaining as mischievous as ever as it watched the pair before it. This had just become more entertaining than before.

Mood::

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)   The Perceptive Drunkard  (Deshi) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Perceptive Drunkard (Deshi)
Page 1 of 1