Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Penny

Penny

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] Empty
PostSubject: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm

It was the end of the day, the moon shone beautifully in the skies of Erisia, hidden behind a rosy tint that certainly belonged to the Barrier Magic. For Samael Ryer, who would presumably be in his house, this should be an odd day. Being a resident of Parangelia meant constant work, nearly no time to rest, and complete dedication to his cause, did it not?

Did this Halt of Order not make him think?

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] Tumblr_lxpia2v2771qhyte9o1_500

A single black butterfly with purple edges to its wings floated idly in the man's room, its back turned to him. He could not know why, but if he laid eyes upon the butterfly, he would be unable to take them off it, and with its positioning, that was only an eventual fate. Sooner or later, the man would see the black creature, and a voice would resound in his head...

"What do you think?"

The question came to him again. At the beginning of the day, he had certainly seen the same butterfly, and those questions popped up in his head only naturally. As soon as the question came again, in his own voice, the young man would feel a throbbing headache right in his mind, that would ripple through his entire body, but even then, his nervous system told him to continue looking at the butterfly.

"You know how amazingly egocentric this holiday is, right? Shouldn't you be working right now, or was that only what Mommy and Daddy told you to do?"

A strange laugh, but it was his voice, echoing in the back of his mind. For some strange reason he had lost control of his body, now forced to focus as the butterfly fluttered its wings, slowly but surely flying over to the man and perch on his legs, the pain of the headache subsiding as a calm settled.

"I don't think this is what you want, is it? Tell me, what do you wish for? To be free, like those Maidens? Or work, like everyone else in this Colony? I'll give you a choice, think hard about it. Hahaha..."

Despite the headache now being gone, Samael would still be unable to completely operate his body in general, but thankfully, at his apartment, he was all alone. He had all the time to think, how would he try to react to such an affront...? Well... that was up to him.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Samael was sitting down on his bed as the day neared its end, his thoughts wandering over the things that happened during the day. It was certainly a bit different afterall, due to the holiday being held these days. Usually, he didn't have as much free time as this once, thanks to something always needing to be done.

His eyes would wander momentarily as he saw something flutter in the corner of his vision before his sight landed on a strangely colored butterfly. ''...?'' Didn't he see one like this before or was that just his imagination? He didn't really get the time to dwell on that, however, as a voice sounded in his head, followed by a sudden bout of headache. It certainly wasn't pleasant, but for some reason, he couldn't really look away or do anything about it, aside from simply listening to what was being said.

He was honestly confused by this strange occurence, and while it was easier to think once the pain subsided, he was none the wiser. What was this butterfly, and why was someone speaking in his own voice?

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] MM2ZTXj

''I don't necessarily mind working most of the time. I just prefer to work on my own terms, rather than through other people's rules. Having complete freedom may sound nice, but I don't think we can live by doing nothing. Without putting in some effort, there's rarely any good reward.''

He would answer eventually, deciding that it was probably the best action to take now. Whatever the voice wanted, it would most likely keep asking questions nevertheless, and he didn't seem to have other options. It's not like he minded answering all that much for now, although he did find this a bit suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:18 pm

He felt his own voice chuckle within himself, and become slightly twisted, as if a deeper one was over it. It was like someone was speaking directly inside his mind, with two voices coming out of their mouth at once and while it was certainly a strange occurrence nonetheless, it should not be surprising in the least.

"I see, that is indeed an answer I expected from myself! You were born in the right Colony, it seems, and you are willing to put in effort. Tell me, Samael Ryer, do you think you deserve better? Do you strive for a better life and work towards it? If so, can you tell me why we are not allowed to exit these Barriers set upon us, as humans?"

Samael felt as if he could move his arms again, part of his control was being restored by whatever force held him in place. What did he think of this entire process? It was not surprising that the young man didn't seem scared, He always knew how to pick the best ones. The model citizen, there would be no better suited candidate for this position.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:48 pm

The voice..or voices apparently were a bit confusing. Speaking like he was talking to himself, which was technically impossible, and Samael didn't think there would be two of him all of a sudden. Was someone playing around with him? There were many possibilites, but he couldn't really identify a voice that was only in his head. A butterfly wasn't extra help either. Still, it didn't seem like whatever this was meant to harm him so far, at least.

''I'll do whatever it takes when it's for a purpose that is worth it.''

He would pause a bit at the last question, however. Was he supposed to know that? Well, the only thing he could do here is apply some logic. To get past a barrier, you need to be able to break through it in some way. That requires a force of some kind.

''Because we don't have the needed power to...?''

That was just a guess, however. One that made enough sense at the moment, considering that he had no idea what the voice was aiming for by asking him these questions.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:08 pm

The voice simply listened to his answers, and though he could not see or feel it, they would grow more and more satisfied. He had a good heart for this. Despite being who he was, Samael Ryer still lived with the others. If only... but that didn't matter right now. The young man would hear that low chuckle again as the butterfly on his leg started to glow and float away. Once it was relatively away from him, Samael could feel full control of his body once more, but for some reason, his eyes still ordered him to focus on the insect.

"You are correct, Samael Ryer."

In just a twisted moment, the world seemed to freeze and stop, and in only that split second, his eyes would be forced closed by a blinding dark red light. Though this would only last for but a moment, the butterfly that was just there was seemingly replaced, Samael's whole room now standing in a limbo of inverted colors, and should he look outside, he would find the same scenery. In front of him, looking straight at his face, was a man...

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] 6ELSWLP

"Samael Ryer, I do not believe I need to explain your role further. As the Crawling Chaos, I will grant you the opportunity you need to gain this power, and expand outwards. Take my hand, if you so wish. I do not have a large connection to this world, so this is all I can do for you."

The strange man extended his hand towards Samael, his other holding some kind of weapon, though he was not in a position to fight at the moment. It was his choice on what to do, either take the Faceless God's hand and seal the contract, or stay powerless and watch as the further events unfolded without him. What was his pick...?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:41 pm

While he was aware he could actually move now, Samael wouldn't just yet, keeping his gaze on the strange insect as it decided to flutter further away again. And before he could react to the words spoken, he was distracted by a blinding red light for a moment, only to see that everything switched colors during that short while. This was definitely growing more odd by the minute, regardless of the fact that he was still pretty much fine. And not alone anymore....

Butterflies shapeshifting into people were certainly...something new. He wasn't sure what to think of this right now, or how exactly to react. He didn't feel scared, really, but this definitely wasn't normal in any way.

Listening, he looked at the man and the extended hand, thinking. What would doing this mean in the end? Although, did that really matter? Life wasn't extremely outstanding as it was now, and it didn't seem to be changing very much as time went. The idea of seeing what was in other places was intriguing to a certain level. And while trusting someone he didn't really know a lot about is a risky choice, he wasn't the one to dismiss it right away either.

''Alright, I will give it a try.''

He would state, taking the offered hand after a short while of consideration. What could he really lose?
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:50 pm

The man seemed satisfied and displayed a small smirk, as color returned to normal around Samael. Once his hand was taken, the young man could feel a light sickness in his stomach, and a short burst of dizziness, but he would be all-around fine.

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] YcfAx96

"I will come to see you in the future, Samael Ryer, just know that, from this moment on, you must take responsibility for the choices you make. See you soon... Facet of Chaos."

Now with a light breeze, Samael would begin to feel increasingly lightheaded, and he would soon fall into unconsciousness completely in the dead of night... but for what it was worth, it seemed he wasn't alone. Right outside his window, after he had fallen asleep, a quiet ring would come out, followed by a voice.

"Looks like he's made his pick, the sneaky guy. No, no, don't worry, I'm sure everything will be just fine. How? Well, ma'am..."

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] 9fyLFvb

"You wouldn't have hired me in the first place if you doubted me, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Taking a deep breath at the sudden dizzy feeling, Samael took notice of the colors flicking back to normal. That was probably a positive thing. Even though he had no idea why were they different before. But it seemed he might find out one day as the strange man promised to come back later. Well, now he had an aquaintance that could apparently come and go as he pleased. Which was both interesting and a little unsettling at the same time.

He didn't have the time to sort through all of his thoughts however, as he soon found himself blanking out.....

Where was this going to lead...?
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Samael Ryer has forged a Rank 1 Social Link with the Mysterious Man of the Devil Arcana...

Obtained:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]   The First Meeting [Samael Ryer] Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Meeting [Samael Ryer]
Page 1 of 1