Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:24 pm

"Hehe. I guess that's one way to go about it." Quite... unorthodox, but each to their own. If people were being spiteful they didn't exactly deserve being treated nicely either. Not that Mae would go about it that way. "Not sure how good that is in the long run. But as long as you don't do it too often, it should be fine." It wasn't like he went out of his way to be mean. Everyone's patience has their limits after all.

"Okay, I'll stop." Mae accepted that. If he didn't like it, why should she push that paticular subject any further? It would just end badly for her. "Well, then I suggest taking care of those who you consider to be close. Makes them that much more valuable." What was that saying again? It's better to have one bird in your hand than ten in the forest? Something like that. Whatever, she had gotten her point across. "I'd personally prefer to have a few really close friends over a large group of not-so close friends." A combination of the two was... kind of what she had right now? "I guess that's just the optimist in me, but you're fortunate to have somewhat close friends with you... It's all thanks to what's going on though... Nothing forges bonds better than a common cause." in true times of desparation, that is. Strong bonds could of course be made outside of that too, but... the friendship she had with Jack for instance felt quite strong despite that they hadn't known eachother for that long. Maybe it was thanks to the whole rangers deal that got them this close to begin with?

"Ah, nothing really. I was just thinking." Regardless, she had gotten what she asked for. "What's his name? The android you were talking about, of course." It was more out of plain curiousity than anything else that she had asked about it to begin with. "Well... If it's a good relationship, wouldn't the difficulties getting there be worth it? I always find a treat to taste better if I have actually worked hard to get it." But what did she know? Perhaps it was just how humanity has evolved over the course of time? "I guess so... Hence why I have pretty much let go of what I had with Charles. It just wouldn't work out after that..." Mae chuckled lightly at Sharaku's last remark. "Hehe, I guess you're right. I need to stop worrying too much about this stuff..." She smiled sheepishly at Sharaku. "Alright then. Let's just see what happens. If it doesn't work out... It just doesn't. Nothing more, nothing less... As sad as that would make me..." But if that did end up happening, at least she could try to make sure that the two were still on good terms afterwards. Sharaku was still a friend, after all.

"Hehe, okay. If you say so, Sharaku." Mae chuckled lightly, smiling at him. Bothering himself, eh? "Oh? So it's like... Penecia, then?" Obviously she would make the comparison. That island's primary source of income was tourism, after all. "Well... If you were willing to teach me, that would make things easier... Unless I can study Portugese in school. That would be very convenient." If Zela Academy ever re-opened again after this. Ah... She knew this would come up eventually. "Yeah... She's leaving this weekend. Apparently there was some troubles with the Refugee center, and her flight home was delayed..." Now that he mentioned it... "Since I don't live at Charles' place anymore, I have been living in Ayane's Room at the refugee center... As you may remember, I used to live in the dorms, which are still out of commission... So once Ayane leaves, I have no place to stay..." It was quite the predicament really... How would she actually go about finding a place to stay?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Maybe it wasn't too good in the long run. But avoiding people wasn't the best either. In the end, it was frankly just whatever. No method was a guaranteed win all the time. So he could just do it the way he wanted to. He didn't have to follow rules if someone was being unfair in any way. ''Avoiding people doesn't solve it either. And I don't enjoy losing unless it's fair.'' He couldn't say how often, but he wasn't the type to step back just because.

Hm. ''I guess so. I'm just...not very good at doing that, I think.'' Often, even when he tried to care, people took his intentions wrong. He simply wasn't very skilled at being sweet and all that, even when he was trying to be nice. So, it often just ended in a disaster whatever he did. And once it got into an argument or such, it was kind of done. Because he still had a fuse, and he wasn't going to let people misunderstand him forever before he snapped himself and actually stopped caring for real, as that was what they thought he was doing anyway. ''But...I can agree with that. I prefer smaller crowds. Having too many acquaintances around just gets confusing for me eventually. And you can't accomodate everyone so that all people are happy.'' It could just become a big pain eventually. He was always better at handling people personally. The best when he could speak to them one or one, or close to that. He would hum a bit. ''In a way. But on the other hand, it can also make them worse. If you start disagreeing on how to proceed and all...it might end badly with time.'' There were two sides to a coin, afterall.

Right. His name. Though, he wasn't sure why she wanted it. But he figured it was mostly curiosity, so why not? ''He goes by the name Alphonse.'', he would answer simply. It would probably not help her much anyway. Androids weren't alike that much, just like two humans were not. He would smile thinly. ''If it works out..then yes. But it can be somewhat off putting if you happen to fail 10 times before due to it proving to be too difficult each time. But I do agree that having it be no work is not exactly the best either.'' But there was no balance in anything, was there? ''It would perhaps be sad...but there is always a bright side to it, I guess. There's still time for you to find someone who it would work with in the end. After all, you're not old yet.'' If it already had to be hard and everything, then it should at least be okay to be happy about it moving in a better direction even when you had to leave something behind to proceed.

Like Penecia? Well. ''Partially...perhaps. But there aren't islands there, so there isn't a specific distinction. It depends on each individual area, and what people find popular enough.'' It wasn't...that similar in the end. It kind of fluctuated, and there were other places where people went to as well. Like the capital city, which wasn't that close. He would huff. ''Well, I could try teaching you. It is a worldwide language in a way, but you're more likely to find a school teaching you Spanish. That...and there are differences based on which kind you learn. It's not that simple.'' And when was it, really? Japanese was hard...but at least you had only Japanese itself. Then you had languages such as Portuguese that were rather different depending on which variant you were learning. And this one had it worse than American and British English. He would frown. ''Have you thought of what will you do? You can't just live on the street...and I severely doubt they are planning on opening the academy again, until this whole mess is solved.'', he would inquire with a quizzical look. Was she just going to do whatever? It didn't seem like she was planning to even tell him if he hadn't mentioned Ayane.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 5:24 pm

"Yeah... That's true. Running away is almost never a good solution..." Hence why she had planned on seeing Charles, and getting things settled on that end. She wouldn't gain anything from running away... Unless, he had already done so. If that was indeed the case, then things both became better and worse at the same time. On one end, she didn't have to deal with any potential conflict that may arise... but on the other end, nothing got solved either. But perhaps it was just meant to be. Well, she would find out in due time...

"Well... You can always try." Mae said with a sheepish smile. "I can tell you care though. If you didn't, would you have even showed up in the first place?" It was a nice thought, actually... He cared about her. Well, they were pretty much friends now, so she didn't see a reason for him not to... but still... It made her feel special, in a way. She wasn't exactly sure how, but it was a nice feeling that she would hold onto. "Yeah, and it's not like you have time to get any strong friendships going with any of them without being forced to neglect another..." That was why she preferred to have a few, really close friends that she could lean on in case she was in a bind, or vice versa. "Well... Not everyone can agree on everything." The way society was buildt, it was impossible. Heck, the very society they had right now was built on the very foundation that everyone was different... If everyone had the same opinion, there would only be one kind of clothing, just in different sizes, and innovation would pretty much come to a halt. And without innovation, progress stopped as well...

Alphonse... Sounded very... British for some reason, but Mae wasn't even sure if it was a british name to begin with. It was definetely an english name, that much was certain. She highly doubted she would actually meet this android, but you never knew... Sometimes, things change. "Yeah... But hey, everyone's different." Mae smiled warmly at Sharaku, before his next set of words slowly drained the smile from her face. "But that wouldn't be you..." Which was very true... Sharaku felt special to her. And it was not just the way he looked or anything that made him special. Perhaps it was the seemingly genuine care he had shown her that affected her somehow... Although, his looks weren't completely irrelevant either. They were just not a major factor. But they still did play a part. "Likewise... If this doesn't end up working, I wish you good luck finding someone... Whether it be a guy or girl, they're lucky, in that case. Heh. Once they get to know you a bit better..." It wouldn't be easy though... But hopefully it didn't end up like that anyway.

"Well, Penecia is the only city I've been in that's dedicated itself completely towards tourism... Sure, I've been in Thailand once... But we weren't exacly in any big city or anything. We were visiting a couple of islands where only a few locals live. That's pretty much the extent of my tourism." It wasn't that much honestly, but hey, if she actually ended up going to Portugal sometime in the future... That would be interesting, and probabaly a great deal of fun too. "Oh? That'd be great! I guess you'll be Sharaku-Sensei then." She'd poke at him teasingly. "I'm... Honestly not sure... I could stay at a hotel or something... But that would not be all that great in the long run... and most of my friends used to live at the dorms as well, and I don't wanna bother anyone who's already having a friend sleeping there with me..." But she couldn't just sleep on the streets either... That wasn't exactly a life-style she'd like. And her mother didn't have space in the bus for one more person...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 pm

''It could be if you knew you'll never see that person again.'' In which case, it wouldn't matter anymore. On the other hand, it would be a somewhat cowardly move to do. Just up and leave like that. That wasn't really an option here, however. Azores packed some size, but there was no guarantee you would not bump exactly into the person you do not want to see. It was the irony. Always happened when you wanted it the least.

He did try...usually. It just didn't always work the way he would want it to. ''Probably not. Either that, or I wouldn't have bothered to listen to you. But...many people seem to think that caring is associated with nice words first and foremost. I'm not exactly a sweettalker most of the time, so people tend to take what I say the wrong way.'', he'd answer with a slight shrug. First world problems, apparently. ''Maybe if we could clone ourselves? That way you could be with several people at once. But that would probably just be too tiring in the end....'' Not really a good suggestion. But to be truthful, he was fine with things as they were. He didn't seek to have a neverending list of friends. He didn't need that. Nor would he be able to give each of them enough attention to warrant being friends in a case like that. He liked his alone time too, so it simply did not work together. ''We can't...it would be boring if we all thought the same way...'' As much as it was annoying to have to face big disagreements. Though, it could work if people just agreed to disagree, and went from that.

''I know...'', he would mutter a bit sheepishly. There was no answer to that. Yes, it wouldn't be him..but what could he say to that? Nothing without sounding dumb, at least. He would just smile slighty, not saying anything. He knew well that getting to know him wasn't very easy, but he didn't wish to pick that subject apart right now. Besides, it was a what if regardless. Hmm. ''Well, it isn't necessarily completely dedicated to that. I mean, people can still live in Penecia, so it isn't just for tourists to visit. Even though, living there isn't exactly cheap. But, Thailand sounds interesting.'' On second thought, no place was probably fully tourism. There was usually at least some people normally living there.

He would blink a few times before sticking his tongue out at her.

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 Tumblr_mmnnswyR0M1r4t83xo1_250

''Isn't that a bit too formal, hm?'', he would chuckle a bit. ''But sure. Beware though, it won't be too easy.'' It wasn't exactly that close to English, or Japanese. Afterall, it was a different language family altogether. He would frown thoughfully. ''But...you did ask Charles before, yes? Why do you think it would be a bother this time around?'', he'd ask, somewhat curious why did she think this way all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:27 pm

"Well, yeah... But is that really an optimal solution to the problem?" Of course, the option was always there, if the person was being unreasonable. But again, people might see this subject in a different light from Mae.

"I dare say actions speak louder than words, no?" She was göad that he had showed up like this. That he had been willing to talk about her problems, and help her come to terms with them... "Hehe. With me, you don't have to be much of a sweet-talker. Sure, it helps, But I prefer genunine care, rather than someone talking nice to me, pretending they care." Words could easily be bent to fit the situation. Actions were a little bit more difficult to be deceptive with. Not saying that it couldn't be done. It was just a bit more difficult. That's all. "Indeed. That really wouldn't be a solution in the long run. I'd rather keep a close, but small group of friends than feeling the need to clone myself just to have enough time for everyone." And honestly, it wasn't worth it, even if cloning was a thing. "Besides, even if you did clone yourself... Would your clones really be you?" That was something worth thinking about. Mae couldn't help but chuckle in the end though. Somehow, their conversations ended up in some sort of Philosophical topic. Not that she minded it paticularly. Philosophy was interesting... "Indeed, everything would be so dull... No personality to speak of." A World where everyone thought the same... Sounded like a poorly constructed wish from an Angel, and a terrible wish at that.

"Hehe, what's with the sheepish look for?" Mae couldn't help but chuckle a bit, poking her left index finger carefully on the tip of Sharaku's nose. "It is. And it's quite beautiful. Plus, they have monkeys." Heck, there was even a very famous beach close to phuket called Monkey Beach. And it's not a name that's just for show. There were monkeys there, hanging out with humans. The locals had put up warning signs saying that you shouldn't feed them, as when a monkey realised you didn't have more food, or they thought you hid some from them, they could get violent really quickly.

"Hehe, maybe? You got a problem with it?" Mae asked, grinning widely at him. "Hehe, I didn't expect it to be either. Learning a new language from scratch is never easy." Luckily, Mae was a quick study when it came to languages. "Yes... I used to do that... But after what happened, I couldn't bring myself to live there anymore. It brought up bad thoughts... So I just left. As far as asking goes... I just don't wanna be a burden to anyone. Charles wanted me to stay at his place... It was kind of an act of desparation, really." She'd chuckle faintly. They were now almost halfway through the park... It's amazing how time flies when you have something to do.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Sharaku would shrug a bit. ''Don't know. But what is? Is there even a way to say which option is the most optimal?'' Didn't feel like there was. Everyone had a different mindset. Someone would agree with you, and another might diss your choice of action. What is optimal in one's eyes, could easily be the worst thing ever in another's.

''Yes....probably...'' But it was sort of subjective. Some people paid more mind to the words, doubly so when they came before the action. It was really up to the individual as to what they thought was more important for them. He would look to the side a bit. ''I think...I can't even really do that. I can pretend I don't care rather easily...but not the other way around...'' Well, he could try, but it felt rather forced when he did. Unless the other side would be too blind to notice. But he was bad at acting like he cared when he did didn't for real. Then again, plenty of people were bad at reading others themselves, so at times, he would luck out just because of that, as they would honestly not even realize he was just playing it. Not that he did it often. It was easier to just let them know you aren't that pleased with them. It would cause friction, sure, but at least you didn't get stuck in an endless play pretend to keep it going smoothly. As of course...they would expect it by that point of time. He would smirk faintly. ''Well, I wouldn't even if I could. I prefer to be alone at times, so too many people to handle would just be a nightmare, clones or not.'' And a very bad one. He'd probably suffocate if he had to be constantly with some big company. Or just error out due to lack of some quiet and solitude.

''Not really..? But in a way? I don't know. And I don't really want to actually try cloning. I dare say one of me on the face of earth is enough as it is. I'd probably just end up being the death of myself.''
That was both a joke and not. Most likely, he wouldn't be able to stand himself, if the clones were to be genuine enough. God knows he argued with his mind sometimes. He did not need an another full version of himself. ''In that case...it probably wouldn't even really be worth existing.'' What for? There would be so many people like you around anyway. And it would be a bland existence to no end.

''I...ahm..?''

He would make an almost cross-eyed face as she poked him, trying to somehow focus on one point that close, which then turned into a slightly confused one. ''.........nothing?'', he would finish eventually, looking somewhere at a random point. Ahem. Let's pretend that didn't happen. He probably looked both awkward and ridiculous in one right then. Or however would she choose to interpret that. ''Monkeys? Maybe not for me then.'', he would huff a bit. Not that he disliked them...but nor did he really feel enthusiastic about those animals specifically. Besides, some humans did a good enough job at being like monkeys themselves. He would whistle a bit. ''Not really.'' He just found it amusing that she would go call him sensei, while wanting to date him. Isn't it a bit inappropriate to go out with your teacher? Theoretically speaking. He would chuckle. ''Of course.'' It wasn't easy, indeed.

''Would you consider living on the street a better option that possibly being a burned to someone? Besides, I think that if someone let you stay at their place, they wouldn't see it that way.''
If it was to be a burden, then they could just say no and tell her to try with someone else. Simple as that. Logically, at least. He would shrug a bit before adding in an amused tone. ''You could always ask me. I live alone anyway.'' If anything, he at least wanted to see her reaction to that.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 am

"Probably not." Mae shrugged. It all depended on the situation and the people involved. There was almost never a clear-cut answer for everything. "In the end, it's up to the individuals view on the matter." That seemed to be the case for a lot of things nowadays. Nothing was ever Black and White in terms of what the right choice was. Everything was just different shades of grey. Picking the right choice wasn't always easy...

"Then what's your view on it? Do you prefer action over words?" Mae had already voiced her opinion on the matter for the most part. As to what Sharaku thought about it, she had no idea. That's why Mae had asked him to begin with, to learn. "See? That's a good trait to have, no? At least the former. It just means you genuinely care. If you don't, you just show it. Sure, that might cause some friction, but honestly, sometimes pretending to care can hurt the other more than simply not caring." She had tasted that herself once, back at Miyazaki High. A guy in her class had started dating her, pretending to care about who she was, until Mae found out he only did so as a shortcut to get famous... That was probably one of the more emotionally painful experiences that Mae had gone through. It was even worse than with Charles... Luckily, Ayane had been there to support her through the ordeal. What would Mae do with herself without any friends? "Hehe, yeah. That's very true. I don't think I could stand more than one Mae at a time." Some might beg to differ though. People generally liked Mae around here, and actually sought out her company. It was flattering, in a way. Just like everyone else, when you go someplace new, you go there with the expectation that you're not gonna get any friends... But look how wrong she was.

"Come on, don't sell yourself short. You're a wonderful guy, once people get to know you a bit better... or at least see the side of you which I have." Mae giggled happily. Seeing him confused like that was... kind of cute. Endearing even. "Well, it's really just that one beach. I think you'd enjoy the rest of Thailand though. The beaches are beautiful, the water is crystal clear and the food is delicious, if a bit on the spicy side. It gets really warm there though. When I was there last time, it was 50° Celsius at noon. In fact, you could step in the shower, wash away all the sweat, come back out, and immediately start sweating again. It's brutal. But on the upside, night-time is rather comfortable." Of course, she had been there during the dry season. And the temperature hadn't reached those heights in ten years prior to her visit, and to her knowledge, it hadn't been that warm there since then either. Just her luck, huh?

"Hehe, I called you that just for the laughs, honestly. But formalities aren't such a bad thing. I guess Sharaku-san will do." Mae said, giggling. "I dunno... Maybe?" She said contemplatively. "I guess not... But still..." It was more of a problem on her end. Mae blushed vividly at his suggestion. "R-Really? You'd be okay with that? I mean... Where do I sleep and such?" She had a futon with her, just in case, but if he had another option for her, she'd gladly take that instead. The futon was getting rather worn, and it was a rather cheap one too, so it wasn't all that comfortable.

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 Kyoko-Sakura-kyouko-sakura-37626125-507-681
"I... I'd love to, Sharaku..."

If he was okay with it, of course. Moving to Penecia... Would be interesting. Perhaps she could start working part-time at the sushi resturant with Hyde. As a Waitress of course. That way, she could at least get money to pay for food and such. She didn't like the prospect of Sharaku needing to pay money for her needs. He was already kind enough to offer livingspace. Asking more than that from him would just be plain rude.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:29 am

Indeed. Sharaku would just nod. There was nothing more to say that was not one of the things which had been said before already. It depended on the person, enough said. There was no point of continuing a talk that was done.

Erm. ''I suppose I do prefer actions. But...I don't do it that way often. For whatever reason, most of the time, words are more called for in a situation. So I adapt to that in the end. It's less of a risk to get into a physical kind of disagreement if you keep it to words.'' It was almost always about a verbal clash when something happened. And he did not really fancy the idea of getting into a real fight, which was more likely when you focused on actions. It just...didn't seem approppriate most of the time. He would frown a bit. ''Well, I figured that already...'' Either that, or Shun was just hurt over everything. In all honesty, he had a feeling it wouldn't have been much better right now even if he had insisted on not going along from the start. But what did he know anyway? ''I'd say almost no one could really stand themselves. Looking into a mirror is enough.'', he would huff a bit. Well, he didn't dislike looking at himself, but if the mirror wanted to speak to him...it would be worse.

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 XZxUDqQ

''I'm not..trying to do that...''

He would make a slightly sheepish face, looking off somewhere, muttering under his breath. He didn't even know what he was actually doing anymore. Ah well. ''Well...I can handle the heat, but I'm not that fond of salt water. Beaches are nice, but only for a while.'' It wasn't too horrible, though. But not neccesarilly something he'd spend a lot of time doing in the end. He would huff. ''They're not. It just seems like we aren't equals when you go calling me in a very formal way.'' It was a bit amusing though.

He would chuckle a bit at her reaction. Well then. ''I guess so. I never tried that before, so it's not like I can assume it'll be a bad thing.'' He never shared living space with someone in the past...not like that, at the very least. So..he had no reason to have a big problem with it. Sure, he did prefer being alone, but he couldn't do that all the time, could he? ''Depends on what you would want...though I guess most likely the couch? Unless you like floor better. I only have one bed, and I kind of don't think you want to go that way.'', he'd answer after a short moment of thought, sort of poking at her. Besides, he would probably be iffy on that himself. Right now, at least.

''Besides, I can't let you stay out on the street like that, can I? If it happens to be problematic, we can work something out later.'' Afterall, if it was a big deal, she could look for another place..but at least she wouldn't be out on the street while doing so. He'd have to see. He really had no idea how something like this would go.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:32 am

"Yeah... Arguments are probably better off staying verbal... I was mostly referring to positive things." Mae said with a bright smile. "I, for one, think it's worse when someone pretends to care, than actually not caring. It just adds insult to injury, in my opinion." Indeed... But luckily, Sharaku wasn't like that. "Hehe, yeah. I have enough trouble looking myself in the mirror as is. Because once I do, I can spend hours trying to make myself look good... I'm quite choosy when it comes to that stuff... I hope I did a good enough job today..." Mae smiled sheepishly. She had spent roughly 2-3 hours trying to look as good as possible for this paticular meetup.... Normally, it was around half that time, but she wanted to impress Sharaku somewhat. Hopefully, she did.

Mae giggled gleefully at Sharaku's reaction. "You're not that used to being complimented, are you? That's cute." She was being completely honest about it too. Sharaku was one of the last people she thought would react like this. And yet, here he was. "Isn't that usually me? Hehe" Mae had some trouble with recieving compliments as well, but probably for a different reason than Sharaku. Mae was a very modest girl. "Well... I like beaches and bathing in general... There's just one thing I dislike about the beach, and that's wearing a swimsuit. I... Don't really like showing off everything like that." She especially hated it if there were some guys who could not keep their eyes away. Sure, quick looks were fine, but when those turned into long, uncomfortable stares... She really couldn't stand people like that. Not that Sharaku looked like someone who would be perverted. It just didn't suit him. At all. "Hehe, alright then. I'll stop." Enough kidding around with that subject, before it got on his nerves.

"A-Alright... I-I'll swing by with my things after I have seen Ayane off this weekend... The airport is on the way to Penecia anyway." Mae blushed lightly. "T-The couch works fine..." Yeah... No way she was sleeping together with him in the same bed anytime soon... But perhaps one day, if this relationship worked out well. Still, thinking about it made her blush just as badly as she was back at the club. Her cheeks were positively glowing. She still carried a bright smile on her face though.

"You're being so nice... Thank you. It makes my life a lot easier." Now she had a place to stay, if only temporarily for now, which made her future look much brighter. And it was Sharaku's place... Which was the best part!
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 am

Positive...for whatever reason, nothing really came to mind. Perhaps he was just hopeless. ''Perhaps it's just me being a magnet for the negative.'', he would shrug a little. Should he be bothered? Maybe, maybe not. He wasn't really trying to be pessimistic or anything, but sometimes it was hard to think of something positive. His mind just kept drawing a blank. ''Yes..but what do you do when you don't want to upset someone, but know not caring will do just that, no matter how you put it?'' That was probably the only reasone he would ever try to pretend...but, he was obviously not good at it either way. He would raise an eyebrow as he looked at her. ''You make it sound as if you needed hours just to look good.'' Not that he was against...stuff like make-up and whatever..but when you take enormous amounts of time to pretty yourself up..does that mean you don't look good without it or something? It's not like you'll always have time to do it before meeting someone. It's more important that someone likes you the way you are, not when you pimp yourself up.

Ehh. Well, no, not really. People would sooner call him out on what he was doing wrong than give a compliment. He would blink at her, still kind of out of the loop. ''I'm...what..? But...ahem, no, I guess...'', he would mutter. It felt awkward, to be honest. He wouldn't say anything to the follow up...simply because he kind of couldn't come up with anything that made sense at the moment. But...she still probably took it better than he did. He would chuckle a bit. ''But wearing a swimsuit means you techincally aren't showing off 'everything'.'' No? It's not like it meant walking around naked. Though, he figured it was a bit different for girls. He personally did not care about that much.

He would look at her thoughfully for a moment. ''Shouldn't I come pick you up? You can't exactly swing by. Unless you were stalking me, and already know where exactly I live.'', he would smirk at her. Sure, she knew he lived in Penecia, but he didn't remember telling here the exact location. Or did she want to go on a search expedition? He would just nod when she decided the couch was fine. He could poke at her more, but that would probably not help, based on how she was reacting already. He would huff. ''You're welcome. And I don't have a reason to be a jerk, do I?''
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 pm

"Well, that can be changed. Teehee." Mae giggled, looking at him with a wide smile. Maybe she could shape him up to be a little more positive, at least. "Well... I dunno what I'd do. I haven't exactly found myself in a situation where I would need to do it..." Maybe it was because she cared for the people she knew? Or her upbringing? Either one of the two, if not a combination of both. "Ehehe... It's not necessarily that I spend much time on Make-up and stuff... I actually rarely wear it. No, the thing that takes so much time is picking clothes to wear. When it comes to that, I can be terribly indecisive..." She would try out all manner of combinations of clothes every morning to find a combination that fell to her liking. She had picked clothes with this in mind, that she could mix and match them without the colors or design clashing with oneanother. Plus, she always had to take her hair color into account. Pink didn't exactly go well with everything. "I just spent longer time than usual today... Because... W-Well..." Mae blushed, twiddling her thumbs.

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 Image
"I... W-wanted to impress you. T-That's all..."

Mae smiled at Sharaku. "So no-one's called you cute before?" She'd poke at him. To be honest, Mae was rather curious about this. Then again, as he had stated earlier, he didn't exactly have much time on his hands until now due to moving around so much. "I know. It's just the way guys look at my... Curves... that's bothering me. Sure, a quick glance is okay... but some guys tend to stare. It's not funny." Even less now that she had Sharaku...

"S-See! That's how flustered I am!" The notion of living in his apartment had pretty much occupied Mae's thoughts for a while, that she completely forgot the fact that she didn't know where exactly on Penecia he lived. Oh geez... "I guess not..." Mae looked at her watch, just as an excuse to hide her flushed face from Sharaku. Oh... She needed to get back to the Refugee center. It was her turn to cook today. "Oh... I'm sorry, Sharaku, but I need to get back to the refugee center. It's my turn to cook there today, so... I guess this is good bye for now..." If he looked carefully, Sharaku would notice that Mae was reluctant on leaving. "I-I'll see you on saturday then, ok?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:15 pm

''Maybe.'' Well, he knew that things could change. Afterall, he was very different from what he used to be before, even now. This wouldn't even be possible a good while ago. He would blink. Clothes. Okay. Why not? Then again, he still didn't really care? As long as you don't look like you just came out of a trash can...He never truly cared about things like that. Yes, he would admit a good choice could look pretty, but a person could dress themselves in gold..and if he didn't like them as a person, the clothes would help them none. At times, he really couldn't care less. ''I...'', he would trail off a little, debating on how to put this. He would look at her with narrowed eyes in slight contemplation for a moment, before flicking her forehead with a chuckle. ''I appreciate that...but, I am not the type. I..care about what a person is like on the inside first of all. As long as you don't go wearing a garbage bag..you don't really need to worry over it too much. Though, it does suit you, yes.'', he would smile a bit.

''No...'', he would huff a bit, looking to the side. Cute...he couldn't even remember when was the last time he actually heard that word said aloud before today. ''Well, to be fair, you're probably not the only one. Though, I suppose that is something you can't prevent? You can't forbid people from looking.'' Sadly. Even though he was hardly bothered if it happened to him. So people could stare. It's not like he cared about them? And he didn't walk around naked, so it wasn't that extreme either. Perhaps it was just less of a deal for a guy.

''Yes, I see.'', he would snort in amusement. It was funny. He would tilt his head a bit. ''Didn't you say you are just learning to cook...?'' It wouldn't be the best if she made a mistake when trying to cook for everyone, no? Ah well, none of his business. He would smile lightly. ''Yes, see you then.'', he would nod, waiting around until she left, before wandering off himself. Might as well spend some more time outside now that he was already here.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 2:02 pm

"T-Thanks..." Mae answered with a nervous giggle. Okay, noted. He didn't care much about what she was wearing... Good to know. But still... He said it suited her. That was more than enough.

She would smile at Sharaku. He needed to get used to this. And it was fun to see him being a bit confused. "Well, you are cute. I can attest to that." Mae looked away from Sharaku for a second, as she spoke up again. "It just feels like they're judging me somehow... I dunno how to explain it better without it sounding weird." She would then return her gaze back to him, as she smiled sheepishly. "Well... I have help today. I actually volounteered, just so I can get some assistance while cooking. I don't exactly wanna try it out on my own just yet..." The people there were nice enough to help her with it. Hopefully it would go well. "Y-Yeah... I'll see you then."

It was a very different Mae that left the park than the Mae who had entered it. She was actually smiling this time. Everything had gone so well... And He was okay with it all. Mae just had to get back to the Refugee center as quickly as possible and tell Ayane of what had happened. She just had to!

~ Mae Iharu has left the scene ~
A Walk in the Park - END
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Sharaku and Mae's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]   A Walk in the Park [Sharaku] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park [Sharaku]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3