Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Too long, not enough (Rinna)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

Too long, not enough (Rinna) Empty
PostSubject: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:03 am

She had an idea. Last time they met, she told Rinna she would try to figure out what was up with the weird Persona in her head. She had a few theories. That wasn’t the main purpose of this visit, however. She was mostly worried about how Rinna had been doing since she got out of the hospital. It had been quite some time. Still, she didn’t regret it. Rinna had needed to recover and the space may have done just that. She should have gone sooner though. She finally got around to watching that broadcast, and she had seen Rinna’s name there. That meant the island knew. She hoped she wasn’t getting a hard time because of it. Naomi sure as heck was flying under the radar. It seemed spending most of her life inside, away from people meant no one knew who she was. Even with her name out there, they didn’t know what ‘Naomi Epona’ looked like. Of course, some of her more on the up and up clients had asked her about it. To which she shrugged. Most of them thought she was so ditzy that they bought that and moved on. Her mother hadn’t been fooled though. That had been quite the emotional moment. She never meant to hurt her mother like that.

This wasn’t about her though. This was about meeting up with Rinna and seeing how she was doing. She hoped she was living her normal life, more or less. There was so much she had to do. As she looked at the entrance to the museum, she prayed to whatever god she believed in that this would go well. She couldn’t be any more nervous. She made her way in, paid the fee, and went to find the booth where she remembered Rinna worked. She didn’t know where the older girl lived, so this was the best way she had of finding her. Otherwise, she would have done this at a better time. Of course, she would keep this strictly friendly while in public. The serious stuff could wait until there weren’t other ears listening in.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:26 am

When Naomi approached the booth, Rinna would be sleeping....hopefully not on the job....well, as if on cue, her eyes fluttered after a few moments that Naomi was there, and quickly rubbed her mouth, and smiled awkwardly. "N-Naomi..! You are here. You snuck up on me...what are you doing here...? Oh....hey I guess," she said scratching the back of her unkempt hair. She quickly took a drink of her coffee before looking back to her like nothing had happened. "I'm sorry. It's been forever, I thought you forgot me. I think even the news forgot I existed," she said with an oddly dark chuckle. It was a bit relieving to see an old friend, and her blue eyes almost seemed brighter after looking at her...or maybe it was just the sleepy tears she got when she woke up.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 3:45 am

Naomi would shift her weight from one foot to the other. Was it really that shocking to see her? She didn’t think so, “Hey there yourself. By the looks of it, you aren’t getting enough sleep. Maybe you have an iron deficiency?” She would comment seeing as she still seemed really out of it, “In that case, may I recommend red meat?” That stuff was supposed to be loaded with iron. That wasn’t here or there though. She rolled back on her feet before settling, “And of course I didn’t forget about you. I don’t think that’s even possible.” Naomi didn’t forget people, no matter what that meant. People, especially friends like Rinna were too important. She realized that after seeing the Rinna in that place behind the door calling her name get pushed off the side. She tried to save a Rinna she knew was fake, so why not visit the one she knew was real? Seemed logical. Then again, logic wasn’t really her thing. She pulled out a piece of chocolate from her purse and held it out to Rinna, “Coffee keeps you awake, but chocolate eases the soul.” She hadn’t missed the undertones of that remark. She was getting this feeling that something was wrong. She just couldn’t put her finger on where, “We can talk about it, if you want. Or, we can not. Your call. I’m here to listen if you need me.” It wasn’t necessarily what she came here for, but it seemed to fit under the same umbrella. What were friends for if not to be there through the hard times? Not that she had been doing a very good job of that lately. Still, she was trying. It was hard sometimes. She wasn’t always sure what to do, “If it means anything, I’m pretty sure I know a few people that haven’t forgotten you.” She didn’t, and she was sure Lune still remembered. It was something, at least, “Besides, you can’t tell me you liked all that attention from the news people?” Could she?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:55 am

"I don't like meat. Well, most of it anyway. I'm not a vegan though," she snapped back, not rudely however, more like another teenager, if she wasn't an adult already. When offered the chocolate, she accepted it and took a small bite. "I guess you're right. It's nice." She continued to chew on the candy silently until Naomi not so subtly asked her what was bothering her. "Nothing...! I am fine. I hated the attention yeah. It was a pain in the ass. But I dunno....it's just weird that everything is happening all at once....It's weird..." she said, turning her head to the side and eyeing her desk. She took another sip of her coffee and started to eat the chocolate a little faster. Maybe she was just hungrier than she thought. She'd have to get some water later or everything she ate was going to dry her throat up.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Naomi almost looked amazed. She loved meat. She couldn’t imagine not liking meat. How did people live that way. At least she still liked a little sugar. She would just stand and listen to Rinna’s problems. She could actually sympathize. Everything did seem to be happening at once. She had experienced the same problem not too long ago. She still was. It was hard to keep up with all of it. Maybe… maybe now wasn’t the time to be telling her about her Persona. Maybe it was though. Maybe knowing what it was would ease her mind a little. Or maybe it would have the exact opposite effect. She didn’t know what to do, “I have to agree.” Good way to start, “It’s really weird and I don’t think you ever get used to it. You just sort of roll with it and fix what you can.” That was what she found, anyway, “It’s hard to explain it all. I personally find myself moving from place to place, trying to live a normal life while doing things on the side to try and fix what I can.” It’s all she could do.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Too long, not enough (Rinna) Vocaloid___ia_miku_and_rin__by_komaari-d6xmitn

She frowned, it turning into a sneer shortly. "I hate it. It's so stupid sometimes. Why can't it all just be normal? Haha....is it time for my break yet?" she said, checking her clock for a brief moment before looking at Naomi. "Why aren't people at least standing up for themselves? Everyone is so scared, but only cowards and dead people roll over," she ranted. No one was really inside, and there were few people working near the front, so essentially Naomi and Rinna had the desk to themselves; not that it would have stopped her in any event, but it definitely didn't help. "People are such crybabies. Maybe if they bucked up they could actually do something about it. But apparently everyone is just comfortable enough staying indoors and pretending this will all be over soon. Idiots."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:45 am

“Maybe they don’t know how…” She would suggest. Had Rinna always been like this? She knew the girl wasn’t a pushover, but had she always been so cynical of others? Last she saw her, she was in a hospital worrying about the power she had just gotten, “Most people don’t know how to change anything and some people don’t have the power to. There aren’t many of us that actually have that power. When you count those of us that know what’s happening and how to fight and that have the skills to back it up, there are even fewer.” Could she even think of more than a handful of people? She didn’t think so, “I can’t even begin to think of what would happen if everyone started trying. We’d have a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, getting in the way of those that can actually do something.” That was a better way to think of it… maybe. Honestly, she didn’t expect anything out of them. Still, this conversation seemed… strange. What the heck was going on? Did Rinna really think this way? Well, she just said it without any shame, so probably. It just seemed really pessimistic.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Rinna rested her chin on her hand as she listened to Naomi. Yeah, not a lot of people had that ability. "Then....maybe the ones that can need to bring the fight to whatever's causing this. I am just so tired of being forced to take abuse from someone because they say so. There's enough corrupt humans to do that, we don't need weirdos doing that too.....what happened?....When did these islands turn so sad?" She said, looking around, as if pondering something. She didn't understand sometimes. Anyone who knew her knew she was very outspoken and not at all afraid to share how she felt, even if it did rattle others. But, at the same time, this rant was going nowhere. Naomi probably knew everything she said. It probably wasn't worth yelling at her for it after all she had done for her. She sighed. "I'm sorry. You did a lot for me Naomi. I can't ever thank you enough for it. I just wonder sometimes what will happen. Some people are asses....but I know there are people like you who probably care about this. Everyone needs some safety and freedom from this crap," she said with a frown.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:49 am

Naomi would look down at her feet for a brief moment. She understood where Rinna was coming from. Not the abuse part, but the sadness and corruption part, “It feels like a long time ago, but I’ve been aware of it for less than a year. Maybe it was happening before that though. I don’t know. It’s just that everyone sees it now.” That was the only way she could answer, “The only thing I think we can do is keep looking for the answer and taking it on when we find it. Other than that, I’m not sure. I’m trying to find what I can, but I wonder who is on our side and who is against us.” She knew about the Angels, but she wasn’t sure she trusted them, “I don’t know what will happen. It’s scary and there are many things that can happen. Have to try though. If we don’t know one will.” She twirled her hair around her finger, “I’m almost afraid to ask, but how has your little friend been?” She would tap her head to indicate she meant her Persona. She needed to tell Rinna at some point. Might as well be now.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:42 pm

When she asked about her "friend" Rinna figured out what Naomi meant. She looked downcast before sighing again. "It could be better. It talks, but I guess I'm used to her now. I haven't been seeing much with her since that day," she said thinking about it. She wondered what would happen if she summoned her "friend" again; the thought was alien to her. Not something she hadn't thought of before. "Thanks for coming out to see me. I.....missed you I guess. I am glad you're okay. Don't be stupid and run off like an idiot," she said, scratching the side of her head, like words so humble were not her thing. It wasn't that she had a huge ego, but she was unmistakably rough around the edges; and she definitely knew it, but having to be nice was kind of not done so often. Maybe some things rubbed off on her certain ways, which was strange. She lost so much, but certain things were still given to her. An act of fate, or pity? Either way, it gave Rinna Lauderdale some kind of comfort.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 3:14 am

She nodded, “If she’s calmed down, that’s good. I was worried that she would still be a problem. I guess if she has nothing to say, there may not be a point in talking though. If Persona can even think that.” She knew hers didn’t talk to her. Period. She wasn’t sure how the ones like Rinna’s would react, “I mean, as long as it isn’t bothering you like it used to. Also, I think I may have figured out a few things about her. Nothing amazing, but it’s something.” She remembered how Rinna was last time they spoke. She seemed to be coming apart because of it. She formed a small smile when Rinna said she missed her… she guessed, “I missed you too.” She didn’t have to guess, “And I promise that I won’t be an idiot and run off into something I can’t handle as long as you promise the same.” She needed to know that this talk of changing things wouldn’t lead Rinna to her own destruction. This was a tricky situation they were getting into. They could stop it, change it, and fix everything, but not if they rushed in without thinking. They were just as vulnerable as anyone else if they went into other worlds. Powers be damned. She cared about Rinna. Even if the sentiment wasn’t returned to the same extent, if at all, she cared. She didn’t want anything bad to happen to someone she considered a friend.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Hearing her say that drew a thin smile on her face. She liked knowing that, but she wouldn't tell her why. "I learned a couple things myself, but what have you figured out? I'll listen....one second..." she said, taking a card and swiping it into a reader, and typing stuff, before standing up and walking in front of the desk. "I'm gonna be on break for now. You can come on," she practically ordered, grabbing Naomis hand and taking her down a hallway to a smaller lounge. No one really used it much since it was just easier to break outside, and she never got caught if someone joined her, so it couldn't hurt to bring Naomi back here.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyMon May 25, 2015 2:07 am

Naomi’s feet would stumble over one another as she was dragged by Rinna. She wouldn’t fall, but walking was awkward. She followed dutifully though. When she was lead to the room, she would look around nervously, “Is it okay for me to be in here?” It didn’t seem like the kind of place where they allowed guests. More so, it seemed like the kind of place that was private, and no one could go. Not even those that were supposed to. It was cut off so no one else would hear though. That was a nice touch, “Well, like I said it’s nothing special, but I did figure out that even though she’s a Persona, she isn’t the same as mine. I guess the best way to describe it is that yours is a gift while mine is a part of me. Yours is from a third party, which is why it’s able to act on its own a bit. You can still command it, I think, but it has what could more easily be defined as a will. The ones I’m used to may act as if they have their own wills, but they really just do what they’re told and act according to how the person wishes. At least, that’s what I gather…” She had to admit, this was still confusing, “I’m not sure if you already knew that or not, but it’s what I could find. I have to admit that you’re one of the only people I know with that particular type of Persona, so I couldn’t ask a firsthand, more knowledgeable source.” The only other person she knew wasn’t on Azores anymore. That thought made her heart hurt. Still, she was trying to help Rinna as much as she could. It would help if these things came with instruction manuals.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyTue May 26, 2015 2:46 am

Rinna smirked a bit. “You’re fine, don’t be a baby. Coffee? Tea?” she offered. She was being rather nice all of a sudden. Maybe she was feeling a little better. Though, it would be short-lived when Naomi brought up what she knew about her friend. “I figured it was a gift of sorts…hm……well, I haven’t done much with it since I guess. I see them in my head and dreams sometimes. I am turning into a psychopath I bet…” she said, scratching her head. This whole mess knowing that not much was actually discovered bothered her. What could she do from then on? She just wanted it to go away and leave and she never even took the time to research what it was. Maybe she was just scared, but it was the truth; it was all just one big mess.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) EmptyTue May 26, 2015 6:47 pm

She shook her head at the offer of a drink, “Thank you for offering.” She didn’t think she had the room for it right now. She was too nervous about being somewhere she shouldn’t be. She would almost feel bad when Rinna’s mood suddenly changed. She appeared to have a brief moment of happiness and it was gone as quickly as it came, “I don’t think that makes you a psychopath. The rules for yours are just slightly different. Maybe yours would actually have some advantages you haven’t thought about. Like, maybe you and she could talk and she could tell you more about what’s going on. She has to know what she is, at least.” That was one possibility. She knew what having a Persona was like, and it was scary at first. Rinna had it harder, since she had to figure out her unique situation all on her own. Naomi knew she wasn’t very helpful, but she was trying. She then remembered what Rinna had said earlier, “You said you learned some things too, right? What were they? Maybe there’s something more to this I can help explain or figure out.” The Persona probably had something in common.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) Empty

Back to top Go down

Too long, not enough (Rinna)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next