Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Too long, not enough (Rinna)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:15 am

Rinna tilted her head to the side as she finished her cup before setting it to the side. “It tells me things. It talks about things in my life only I should know. It knows about me, like it’s been around in my life. When I got mine, the thing who gave it to me said something about it being a demon I have been near for a while. Are Demons and Gods just commonplace now? Seems so surreal.” She said, looking off into space in a trance. Rinna wasn’t sure about whether to go on or not. It was also something that mostly did not matter admittedly, but it meant something to her. It was something foreign and she didn’t know what to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:38 pm

She tilted her head, “It tells you things? I must admit that is a bit different than what I’m used to. Generally, they can speak, but I’ve only heard mine once. They only spoke to me the first time, so I can’t tell you much about that.” It called itself a demon though? That was unusual. She had never thought of them as demons, “Demons and gods are starting to sit next to us. Honestly, I’m wondering how long they’ve been here…” She didn’t think they were new to this place. They were probably here for a long time, but no one noticed. The question was how long. She could feel Rinna’s hesitation to talk about some of the things weighing on her mind. Naomi would simply smile, “I’m here to listen, if you want to talk. If you want advice, I’m here for that too. Just do what makes you comfortable.” She wasn’t going to force her. She wanted to help her get through this. Being alone was a hard thing. Even if they weren't exactly the same, she could try.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Rinna looked down, and then looked to Naomi. "I dunno....I have dreams sometimes, and they always involve these islands, after something terrible...What if you got offered a power better than your own. Would you take it? I just....I thought...What is gonna happen to these islands? I just don't want to see you and others get hurt is all okay? But I am pissed off alot as well. I hate it here sometimes. Maybe I should quit my job for now." She crossed her arms and yawned a bit. "Maybe I should just do something about this. I am so fucking tired of sitting around to be honest. Naomi, what are you up to right now? Anything making your time less boring here?"
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Something terrible? That was pretty vague and she didn’t know what to exactly make of that statement. A lot of terrible things were happening lately. She didn’t want to think about that though, “We’re going to be alright. I’m… I’m looking around for an answer for us. There has to be an answer for us somewhere.” How she hoped, “And having a better power doesn’t mean you will be better. Maybe stronger, but experience and skill also account for something.” Using a power you were used to, even if weaker could prove to be the key point to victory. They would get through this somehow, “And if you quit your job where will you go?” She needed some way to make a living. They weren’t losing their world. She couldn’t let them. She shrugged at the question, “Not much. Gathering information, hanging with friends. You know, balancing the chaos that is my life.” She laughed at herself, “Don’t you have anything happening right now? You have a life outside of this place.” At least, she assumed so.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Rinna opened her mouth, but she closed it, sitting back to look to the side and think. "I could.....I guess I could move with my parents again....they may not like it, but it's tempting...I didn't exactly leave them on the best note, we kind of fought it over. I didn't want to stay there really..." She said running a hand over her face. So Naomi didn't exactly think that taking it would be a great idea. Maybe it was better that way. She didn't need anything. She just needed to get better at what she was now. When asked about her life, she smirked a bit. "I guess. I don't party or anything, but I am preparing something. Kind of a charity event in a way. But I am not doing anything else. It's all become so boring, and I need to get out so I can do something....this job isn't helping," she said, moaning a bit in weariness. "What if we did something together? Surely you have to have something that can unbalance my life right?" she said a look with a twinkle of hope in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Naomi looked down at the ground before raising her eyes to look at Rhinna, “Umm… If you don’t want to move back in with your parents, I could talk to my mom. We’re a family of two in a house with more than two rooms. We actually have four, one of which is a guest room. Well, it’s supposed to be, but we never really had any guests before. It has a bed, a computer, and some other basics. That’s it though. I could see if you can stay with us, if you want. She may ask you to pay rent though.” She was trying to make it clear this wasn’t a charity case. She wanted to help Rhinna, and she knew her mom wasn’t that accommodating. Still, it could probably be worked out, “It’s just something I can look into, if you want.” Home didn’t sound like the place she wanted to be right now, and she didn’t feel like putting Rhinna through any more stress. She girl seemed to be contemplating something of her own right now, “I won’t ask what it is, if you don’t want to share, but if you need to talk it over in more detail, I’m right here.” She could tell something was on the grl’s mind. She wondered what, but she wouldn’t pry. She was more choked up when Rhinna asked about unbalancing her life, “Y-you mean like in the supernatural sense?” She thought she was getting the subtext. If she got any sign that was what she meant, she would continue, “Well, I could take you out for training sometime, if that’s what you want. I’m assuming you haven’t gotten much practice in since you got your Persona. That’s the first place to start. Can’t guarantee it’ll be easy though. Shadows don’t do easy.” She knew firsthand how that felt. It was just training though. Nothing too bad. Then again, she had been running into stronger Shadows lately. Those had their own risks.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:38 am

Rinna looked at her, with a shocked expression. Clearly she didn't expect that from her, and her anxious look on her face proved it. "O-I-I didn't ask to stay with you! I'm just not trying to make a burden out of myself, but I just like bitching about it....cause I am actually doing crap about this." She sighed heavily, her face turning a slight shade of red. It was clearly embarrassing for her to be shown an act of graciousness. She wouldn't tell Naomi, but it meant a lot to her. She had an issue with accepting help. "I plan to host a rally...of sorts. I want to rally people to a decent cause. Maybe I'll see you there." When she brought up possible training, Rinna ran a finger over her chin. "Maybe....but I want to do something useful. I can train on my own time. Do you need it Naomi?" she asked. She would not be above joining her, but she had ideas for what could be done if she did. She was curious herself about what Naomi had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 3:26 pm

She saw the expression on Rinna’s face and smiled a little. She would never push it, but, “If you change your mind, the offer is still open.” She didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable, but she didn’t want her to be in a situation she didn’t want to be in. Then again, maybe she wanted to make up with her parents and this would be a good excuse. Still, her offer meant Rinna had a place to go if she needed it. She raised an eyebrow when Rinna talked about a rally, “What cause would this be?” She needed to be careful. Rallies could gather both people that cared about a cause and those that just wanted a reason to get angry. The world was made up of all kinds of people. She nodded, “Training is always useful, no matter where you think you sit. The lesson I have learned though is that you never want to go in alone. Some Shadows are strong to aspects, others can deflect your entire arsenal. You want to have someone with you so that you never run into that situation. It diversifies the attacks and strategies you can use. Also…” She sighed, “If you go unconscious, they can pull you out. Shadows are merciless once you’re helpless, and it’s life or death.” She looked at Rinna with eyes that obviously were speaking from experience, “You can go one your own, because you are a human with free will and can make your own choices, but I hope you will consider what I just said. Also, don’t bite off more than you can chew. Two or three fights is enough for one day. After that, you will begin to feel fatigue and it really begins to show.” She had been doing this long enough to know.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 am

"I uh.....well, I want to get people prepared, and be able to stand up for themselves for this crisis. It's just not right that we are sitting back and letting this happen! Something has to be done. We're all on here to do something right? If we have the power to do it, it's almost a responsibility to do so. If we hide, we are only validating everything that's happening..." she ranted. She'd continue on if Naomi let her. She was a very vocal type of girl if Naomi had not already noticed. Rinna did not want to take anything lying down, especially after her business nearly a year ago. Though she would end up stopping anyway when Naomi brought up practicing. Rinna had a thick sense of pride on her person, but even she knew what it meant to go alone. And Naomi probably knew it wasn't the smartest thing to do. "Alright then. I guess I'll tag along with you. But don't think you have to watch out for me! I'm not a little kid."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Naomi listened to Rinna’s rant without getting distracted. She said she would listen if the girl had anything to say, and she meant it. She actually admired her a bit. No one else was getting others involved. Even those with powers were divided amongst each other. She was cautious about getting normal people involved, but if it was just preparation and not fighting, she could live with it. Heck, maybe this is what people needed. The feeling of getting to still control aspects of their life, “I like that idea. Just be careful. Some people will still use it as an excuse to run out and fight whatever they can. It’s not that simple though. Nothing that is not supernatural will help win a fight.” She would then listen to whatever else had to be said. She would crack a little smile when Rinna said she wasn’t a kid, “I hope not. You’re older than I am, after all.” Maybe by only a year or so, but still, “And I will be there more as your partner/maybe mentor than your babysitter. I’m just making sure we’re looking out for one another.” Rinna was new and that meant she was going to make some mistakes. Everyone did. Naomi did. She just wanted to be sure that Rinna could learn how to handle herself and that she got stronger, “I’ll be sure to bring plenty of supplies.” She didn’t feel the need to explain that. She hoped Rinna knew that having some item to help would be a good call.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Rinna nodded agreeing. "Don't worry, it will be here soon...I promise..." she said quietly to herself. She nodded when she brought up being a mentor. "Alright. Sounds good. Hm...Naomi. You haven't stopped trying right? I don't know everything about what's happening, but I just don't think I need to quit. I don't want to know you are quitting too, alright?" She said, frowning a bit, before lifting her head up and smirking. "What am I saying? You're not whining, so you're probably still hanging on. Sorry bout that." She got up and checked the time. Break wasn't over just yet, but maybe she should head back. She stood up and walked to the door, gesturing to Naomi with her head to follow. "You know, my arm's healed up. I can punch properly again. Maybe I can test it when we go out, I've been dying to show these things what for."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Naomi raised a questioning brow as Rinna seemed to speak to herself, “What?” She would ask for clarification, but would not push if the girl was not up for discussing it. It was odd though. She laughed a little when Rinna asked if she had given up, “No. In fact, I would say I’m more geared up now than I ever was before. I’ve been looking into the other worlds. It’s possible that I may be able to save one of them. I hope, at least. If I can do that before it becomes corrupted like the others, that may end any chance of that corruption leaking into our world, leaving that island habitable. It could also mean I’ll be able to find information about how to deal with the other supernatural beings hanging around. That’s what I’m hoping for, at least.” Two birds, one stone. It was sounding like a better plan all the time, “And don’t worry about it. You never know what people are thinking until you ask.” She stood up to follow after Rinna, “Glad to hear it. Although, unless your weapon is your fist, it won’t hurt them. Remember how real weapons are useless against them?” Just a tip. She could tell Rinna needed to get back to work, “Happy to hear you’re doing better though. It’s nice to catch up after so long.” She meant it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:08 am

Rinna shook her head. "Come by the rally and I will show ya okay?" That was all she was going to say on the matter. The notion of the other worlds being corrupted and making their world inhabitable made her pause lightly. She seemed at a loss for words about it. "So, it was the truth. Then I guess we have to stop it.....maybe I can find a weapon other then my fist then. I'll figure it out." She smirked, turning to the side when Naomi said she was glad to see her and talk to her overall. "Yeah....me too. Don't get the wrong idea. We're friends but I am not mushy or anything. You can call me if you want though, here," she said handing her Rinna's number should she accept it, and guided Naomi outside and back to the main hall of the museum. Time to get back to work. But it was good to see that she still had someone on these islands that helped her. Naomi may not have realized it, but she was incredibly grateful for it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:08 am

Naomi and Rinna's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too long, not enough (Rinna)   Too long, not enough (Rinna) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Too long, not enough (Rinna)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2