Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A day out (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Did he? That was a tough question. He didn't like rollercoaters, nor did he really dislike them either. It was just a thing to do that was a little different than what one did normally, and he didn't consider it any better or worse than the activities that fit into the usual daily routine. It was just hanging there somewhere. He would turn his head to glance at her, opening his eyes. ''I don't dislike them, nor do I like them. I just don't find them special, that is all.'' He had no better answer than that. People probably did it for the adrenaline rush, but it did not evoke that kind of feeling in him, to be completely honest.

Following after her, Sharaku would shrug vaguely at her words. She wasn't going to get much out of him in regards to this subject. Amusement parks never spiked his enthusiasm a lot, which was probably the number one reason why he rarely considered coming. They provided a short term change of pace, yes, but that was just about it. Unless she could find an activity he'd actually take a serious liking to. He'd applaud her if she did. ''I think the arcades could do. At least, I'll hopefully get to do something, instead of just sitting on my butt.'', he'd answer eventually, perhaps a little grumpily. Maybe that was one reason those kinds of rides had little effect. He wasn't a fan of being still if he didn't have to.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Her cheeks would turn red from embarrassment, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to drag you on something that you didn’t think was very fun. I mean, I forget that not everyone is an adrenaline junkie.” She knew that she was, but she forgot some people didn’t get a rush from the rides. She didn’t want to be the only one enjoying her time here, especially since she’s the one who invited him. This was humiliating. She wanted to have fun with a friend, not just drag someone else along for the ride. She would laugh a little in her head at that phrasing. Get it? Ride? Because they were at an amusement park? Yeah. Her sense of humor was completely shot. It would have to be for her to laugh at her own bad joke like that.

When he said the arcade would do, she would give a silent cheer to herself, “Follow me.” She’d wander off to the park of the amusement park where all the games were. Just as she said, the ones outside were closed with the exception of two or three. That wasn’t the part that mattered though. Almost out of place, there was a building near the stands. She would motion him inside as she opened the door. It was clear upon entry that this was the arcade. There were crane games, and shooters where you actually got to hold your gun, and some kind of confusing one where you stacked blocks in order to win increasingly better prizes. She gave a smirk. This was a different kind of adrenaline rush, “Land of chance and skill, this place is. I think we can find something right up your alley.” She could imagine there was at least one thing here he’d like. She just didn’t know what.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Sharaku would sigh faintly at the way Naomi reacted. ''Do not worry. Not really your fault. I generally don't find anything fun. At least, not in the way most define the word.'', he would shrug indifferently, as if it did not matter. Did it? He wasn't used to that, and frankly, he would probably feel uncomfortable if he were to have fun that way all of a sudden. He could find things amusing, and funny, but he didn't get much of a rush from that. It was just a momentary thought when he considered something entertaining, and it never lasted for too long until his mood flipped due to another interference. ''I'm not against adrenaline, but this doesn't do it for me.'' He knew the feeling of that, at least, and it wasn't bad in case it happened. He didn't actively seek it, but he wouldn't refuse either. There was still a risk in him getting too 'high' on that, and he wasn't sure how much he liked that part of it. Hm, dilemmas everywhere.

''Right.'' With that, he would follow behind Naomi, looking around on the way. Not that he was seeing anything remotely interesting, but it was a way to pass time while walking to the destination Naomi chose. ''Can we? I'd like to see that.'', he would retort, a bit jokingly, as he proceeded to take in the insided of this place. The ones with guns looked somewhat amusing. Other than that, he didn't know, really.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am

She tapped her chin, “I won’t force you to have fun. I can’t really. But, you’ll never know if you’re secretly a ball of laughs and bad momentary decisions unless you try.” She joked at him. Her point was that fun did strange things to people. She just wanted to help him come out of his stuffy shell for a moment. She knew it may not happen, but she was happy to help people discover more about themselves as long as it was harmless. When he joked at her about finding something he would like, she mockingly rolled her eyes. She couldn’t even think up a funny remark at the moment.

She would walk over to a machine and slip a few bills in. In exchange, she would get back quarters. She waltzed back to Sharaku and handed him four of them, “Let’s start with the best one in my opinion.” She walked over to one of the games where a plastic gun was attached. She bent down to feed the machine four quarters of her own. The screen suddenly changed to tell her to pull the trigger when she was ready. She waited to see if Sharaku would grab the gun next to her or if he was just going to stand there and watch. Either way, she would eventually pull the trigger, “Just follow the directions and aim steady and true.” Not that she was all that good at these games, but it was fun. She lifted her gun and took aim at the screen before pulling the trigger to take out some ‘evil robots’ that were apparently taking over a building and threatening to destroy all humanity. She would pause for a second, “You know, most of the robots I’ve met have nothing against humanity. Wonder why this troop is so popular.” She would continue as more seemed to appear and she had to switch the direction her avatar was facing by flicking her gun.

((Sorry for the holdup. It was a busy day))
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 pm

And was that good..? ''I already do the latter often enough. I think I can live without this for a while longer.'' He could laugh, even though it was usually just momentary. That was enough for him. Bad decisions? Well, seeing as he was getting people to argue with him a lot lately, it can be said that he did do so a lot. Afterall, getting defensive and pissy without thinking was not classified as a good decision. And then he sounded lame trying to explain himself, because most people didn't understand him. Which wasn't a surprise. It was technically a result of his past, and well, making others understand how that went was usually a futile effort.

He would give a faintly amused smile. Guns were the best then? That was an interesting choice coming from her. He didn't really have objections either way. There probably wasn't that much difference, no matter what would she choose. He would raise an eyebrow at the screen for a moment, but eventually shrug and go stand next to her and all. There were worse things then shooting a few robots on a screen. ''I think it'd be the same no matter what kind of enemies were put there. The main point of it is to shoot and kill stuff. Robots are probably just an easy to use material.'' At least, he didn't really see the difference there. And he doubted all games like this featured robots anyway.

((It's ok. Still faster than some people, haha.))
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 1:42 am

Naomi awkwardly tapped her forehead with the gun while she thought, “In that case, let’s forego the bad decisions for now. It’s time to make better ones.” She lowered the gun suddenly as she noticed another adversary to aim it back toward the screen, “I’ll personally start with not withdrawing my weapon from use. You should make your own plans to. Maybe figuring out how to solve whatever’s on your mind.” She was an emotion reader. She could tell he was thinking about something quite often. It was probably related to what he said earlier about getting on people’s bad side, but she wouldn’t pry, “It’s just an idea though. Can’t particularly say if you should heed my advice or not, but it’s always there as a suggestion.” If he wanted to talk about it, she would be here for him. She learned from talking to him, however, that he didn’t always like to go into too much detail about his affairs. She respected that, but would still give some friendly advice.

She would shrug as she shot down more enemies, “Well, it’s kind of strange once you actually know a few robots. It almost feels like I’m shooting them when I’m not. Then again, I guess these games have human enemies all the time and I don’t feel anything then.” It was weird. Certain enemies didn’t make her blink, but others could cause her to question her own morality, “I guess as long as I’m not imagining them as the enemies, it’s okay.” She didn’t think Alphonse or Beep would like the idea of being target practice. She cared about them too much to do that anyway. She would briefly look over at Sharaku’s screen to see how he was doing. She couldn’t tell if he was enjoying the game or not. Her perception of people’s emotions was good, but not perfect. It didn’t help that he had a hard face to read.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:26 am

''If only we knew whether a decision will be good before we make it.'' Sharaku would huff lightly. You can't guarantee you'll be making good ones, can you? That would be an amazing ability to have. To know something you want to do is not favorable before you go and do it. He would frown a little, gripping the gun in his hand harder, though not looking away from the screen. ''I wish I knew how to figure that out. I would in that case. Trying only seems to make it more complicated for me.'' Figuring out his problems was never easy before, it wasn't now either. Thinking over it too much only had a tendency to make him feel down, more than anything else. He did not have a solution yet, and he doubted he would anytime soon. Not without making some mess during finding it, that was for sure. And they couldn't really afford that right now, could they? The world itself was in a mess of its own. He was already on rocky terms with Shun and Hyde. He didn't need more spats with his current comrades. The situation called for the exact opposite, even though he wasn't sure he could give that.

''Maybe you actually like robots more. They are less likely to be selfish and hard to handle than humans, after all. They don't act on emotions as much as our kind does. I'd say it's easier to come to hate and don't care for a human, than a robot.''
, he would state, shifting around a little to take aim more comfortably. In a way, it was true. Robots didn't naturally come with human emotions. They worked differently. It was uncommon to see a robot acting on instinct, keeping a pointless grudge and such. That was why she and Hyde didn't get along, right? Hyde was too impulsive and rushy for her. That was one aspect of human nature, he just took it to a higher level. ''Well, they are just a bunch of digital data in case of a game, so technically they aren't real enemies, yes. I don't think our world has the necessary means to make a game where the pixels on a screen actually feel what you do to them.'' That would in fact be rather weird. He didn't see a reason to do that, but some people were willing to try anything when they could. Though, he couldn't see a practical use for this idea, to be honest. All in all, the game was okay. Better than the rollercoaster at least. It gave him something to focus on, and he wasn't doing too bad for now. Unlike Naomi, he didn't really feel weird about shooting a few digital robots. They were just moving pictures anyway.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:17 pm

That idea sounded nice, “If I had that superpower, I’m sure I could have avoided many a bad decision over the course of my life.” Then again, did she want to? Sure, they were bad decisions, but they were her bad decisions. She admitted that there were some ones she really wished she could change, but there were others she might have been better off not changing. Then again, it would still be a nice ability, “Maybe trying isn’t the thing you should do then. In fact, maybe you’re trying too hard. Maybe you just need to stop and relax.” Once again, she was not a therapist. She was just spouting whatever came to mind. She almost wondered if she sounded crazy.

She would almost look panicked when one of the robots got too close and she started seeing red on her screen, “I’m not sure about that. I mean, I only know a few robots, so I can’t say, but they seem to have emotions like humans do. Besides, I like how people have emotions. It allows them to all be different. Then again, I guess we wouldn’t have bad things happen if we all acted on something other than emotions. Still, I wouldn’t want that.” She finally got the robot off of her and continued where she left off, “I’m grateful they can’t feel this. I think I would stop playing these games if they could. I mean, I think it would be rights issue at that point in time.” That was a disturbing thought. At that point, she was sure this would be murder. Right now though it was only violent fun.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Sharaku would just hum absentmindedly when Naomi stated what could she do with such a power, keeping his gaze locked in front of himself. If he was playing this already, better not get foolishly distracted. Though, that would soon change into a perplexed expression as he did look at her for a few moments. ''Stop? I normally...don't stop. How do you do that...?'' Truthfully, he didn't know what was she trying to say with that one. It's not like he had an 'off' button. Whether on purpose or not, he was always doing something, whether it was an action, or just thinking. When he wasn't wandering about, he was doing something else. He felt restless most of the time. Of course, he knew the word relax, but...he wasn't sure what to associate with it. Sleep? Maybe. Even that wasn't the best everytime.

Did they? Good question. He would frown thoughfully for a moment, taking the liberty of shooting an annoying robot in the head before responding to her statement. ''I can't say for sure. I've spoken about this with Alphonse before, you know? He's asked me about human feelings and emotions. He was interested, thinking that emotions are the ones making humans strong as they are. I don't think he has them naturally. He was saying something about taking them and adapting for his uses. I do not know how that works, however. Either way, I think emotions are a double edged sword. At times they do good, at times they can screw us over completely.'' That was his opinion at least. What was the truth about androids, he didn't know. He wasn't one himself after all. ''Perhaps it would. I am not a fan of violence, to be honest, but sometimes it can feel good to hurt someone, I guess.'', he would give an amused snort, squinting at the screen in slight thought.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Naomi would give a slight frown as even she thought of what she meant, “Well, I mean, if trying make things more complicate, what if you just stopped that. Instead of trying, just go with the flow and do what comes naturally. Maybe you’re just trying too hard and it’s getting in the way.” She thought that made sense. It did to her, at least, “And how you do it is simple. Just say whatever first comes to mind and express who you are without having to think about it. If it’s hard, you can practice on me. Just say whatever pops into your mind.” She didn’t expect him to do it, and she wasn’t going to force him. It was just a suggestion, after all.

She would look almost confused for a second before correcting herself, “I have to admit, I forget that he’s a robot most of the time. I mean, I sometimes remember, but…” She didn’t know how to finish that sentence, “But I know what you’re talking about. Still, it doesn’t feel like he’s faking them either. It’s complicated, I guess.” Heck if she knew the answer. She wasn’t sure about anything anymore, “But emotions are a necessary evil. They may make us completely irrational, but I don’t think life would be as fun without them. Then again, maybe it wouldn’t be as dramatic, in a good way. It all depends what you’re looking for.” She shrugged. She was sounding like a bad fortune cookie, the kind that didn’t even have fortunes, “But I’m not a fan of violence either. But this isn’t violence; it’s strategy.” She preferred that much more.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Interesting idea. And also a very...situational one. Sharaku wouldn't say that did him any good. Not thinking abou what he was saying often made things fall apart very quickly. Of course, trying to fix it was no good either, but if he had to choose....actually, he didn't even know. Neither of the two option tended to work out for him in the end. ''It's both hard and not. I am used to not saying exactly what I think, because that is usually the worst thing that can happen. In fact, I usually have to try fixing things just because I say something before running it through. On the other hand, it does get tiring at times, yes, but I don't have much choice here. Unless I find a solution.'', he would laugh under his breath. ''You know, me being myself tends to be exactly what drives others insane when I happen to do it. Which is why I've taken on a habit of playing it off. That's just how it is. It makes handling relationships with people somewhat easier, when I already have to.'' There were times when he didn't care, but drifting around gets tiring eventually. He still wasn't the best at keeping relations in line, but at least he didn't drive people away as much as he had several years in the past. Even if it took holding himself back at times. What choice did he have?

''Don't ask me. I don't understand it either. I just know as much as I've been told. I don't think one can truly understand a situation, unless they face it firsthand. You don't get how a robot works, cause you've never been one. It's as simple as that.'' She was right that it was complicated, but what wasn't? Logically speaking, everything that you haven't been through yet seems complicated to you in some way or form. Because you're not familiar with it, and a verbal explanation can only give you so much insight, when you can't imagine it precisely. He would take a moment to switch the gun into his other hand. ''Yes, depends. After all, aren't emotions the reason you and Hyde don't get along? You simply feel differently about the situation. They can be fun in a certain light, but on the other side, they can make you hate someone. I personally don't have the best experience with them so far, but I guess that's up to the individual.'' Maybe if he came across something really positive in the future, but as it was, he was kind of meh on this subject. Maybe he just had bad luck with those.

''I thought you were concerned about violence on robots a while ago. Now it's just strategy?'', he would ask, sort of jokingly. He didn't have a better comment on that.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:06 pm

She would look at him as she finally got taken out by some robots, “At the risk of making a friendship speech of my very own, I would like the real you. I mean, I think of us as being close, so…” She had no idea how to not make this sound cheesy, “Without sounding too stereotypical, even though you may like to play it off, you don’t have to around me if you don’t want to or don’t feel like it. I would like to believe that I’m not easy to make go insane.” She would give a lighthearted chuckle before continuing, “But this isn’t about your relationship to me. It’s about with everyone. Honestly, I think the people closest to you won’t mind either way. It may drive them insane at first, but then they will just get used to it, and all should be good.” She had no idea what had gotten into her today, but she felt like saying this stuff. Maybe it was because she saw something in Sharaku she didn’t feel like she had seen before. Vulnerability, no; weakness, no; it was just something different. It was… Was there even a word for it? It was just, something that made him seem not so different than the her she had been hiding for so long. He was human (even if he didn’t really like that comparison), “Maybe the solution is knowing when to be free not to do it…” She doubted that, but she couldn’t think of anything else.

She would make a half pouting face, but as a joke, “I know I’ll never know what it’s like, but I would like to believe I’ve been watching long enough to get a feeling for what it may be like.” She had been around robots and AI for a while now. She felt safe saying that treating them like people was probably their best bet. Then again, she had no idea how to treat them differently. The robots she knew were all her friends, “And my relationship with Hyde has less to do with our difference in emotions and more to do with how he acts on them blindly. Emotions are a good thing, but they can’t be the only thing. We have brains as well as hearts. We have to use them both.” She would not deny that she hated Hyde, however. He annoyed her to no end. Sharaku just couldn’t put the entire thing on emotions.

She would rub her head as she put in more quarters to finally continue, “Well, I do worry about violence, but not as much now that you’ve informed me that they are just figmants and not real creatures. See, you really are rubbing off on me.” She laughed as she started shooting the robot that had taken her out before, “But this is a type of strategy. It’s useful to be able to think on your feet.” She loved these kinds of games. She wasn’t sure why though. Better yet, having Sharaku by her side made it more fun. Today was a good day.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:36 pm

''..............''
''........''
''....''

This felt so wrong. He simply didn't know what to do. Sure, Hyde was sprouting things about friendship too, but the redhead always put it in that ridiculous, over the top way, that it was just easy to get annoyed and snap at him one way or another. Naomi, on the other hand...he didn't feel up to it, for God knows what reason. And it was fairly uncomfortable, because his opinion on that matter usually wasn't perceived the best. Yet, he didn't really want to go and butt heads with her. Frankly, he was confused as to how to approach this. Gritting his teeth indecisively, Sharaku would try to focus on the game, but almost end up dropping the gun, so he just gave up. Forget it. She had no idea how badly was she tripping him up right now.

''It's not that easy....I..am not good at being close to people. In fact, I've been avoiding just that for the most of my life. I've never even intended for this to happen..but I just kind of got stuck with you and the others. I tend to brush people off, if nothing else. I am simply not really comfortable around others most of the time since a certain point in past.'' He didn't want to upset her or anything, but they most likely differed on the idea of how close the two of them were. Not on purpose, that is. It was just a habit. A bad one, perhaps, but he didn't trust people enough to keep them too close, unless he was sure he could be in control of what was going on. Not anymore. He would sigh, staring at the ground. ''And as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure there is at least one person that dislikes this side of me well enough. In which case, it's actually...ironic, I think.'' Was it not? Shun appeared to not be taking him well lately, after seeing more than just the face he usually put on when interacting with people. The irony was, that the teen actually wanted to be close to him initially, and it obviously wasn't working out the way he probably imagined it. As for Hyde, he was not really sure. The redhead claimed to not mind, but they weren't on top-notch terms either. Hyde's day to day attitude just had the knack of stressing him out and making him blow up more than he found comfortable, even when he accepted the way he was.

''Would be nice to be able to tell.''
That one was moot, since it wasn't happening. And even if he miraculously knew when could he do what, he had the feeling that it would require him to put on a facade more often than not anyway. Maybe he should put it in robot terms, and just claim he was broken. Sometimes, he felt like that fit him quite well. He would glance at the game over screen blankly. ''Lucky you, if you can actually understand very well just from watching.'' That was probably a good ability to have. He could possibly pick things up that way, but he would need the opposite party to intentionally show him how it's done, rather than him just observing it on his own terms. That could just end up messily.

He would whistle faintly when she spoke about Hyde. ''I don't know. From what I know, he seems to believe that what he does is the right thing. He's told me that he doesn't want to regret anything he does. He's not willing to give up whatever he's doing, because he thinks quitting is the easy way out. I can agree with you on one thing. I do not understand his ideals, even after he explained them to me. I think he's way too idealistic with his claim that anything is possible. He and I are just too different.'' In simple terms, his problems with Hyde were similar to the ones Naomi had. The redhead just acted right off the bat, not really considering what the rest thought about it...because, he was doing it to protect everyone? Tsk. Well. Oh yes, he himself was very much capable of acting on his feelings blindly, but he did his best to catch himself when he did, before he went too far. And if he was aware that he's done something wrong, he would at least try to set it straight the best he could with his capabilities...even though it did not always work. Hyde claimed he wasn't truly sorry for what he did, because he thought he was right and that his actions were helping nevertheless...but, just trying to be friends through all that..could it hold out for long? It surely didn't seem to be working with Naomi. Him? He tolerated the redhead, because..to be honest with himself..despite being bitter about people..he wasn't cruel. Deep down he did not truly want to hurt someone badly, even though his mind toyed with the idea once in a while. It was just an instinct, most of the time. He both cared and did not. He could be a walking contradiction.

Eh? ''You say it as if you had no idea that they weren't real before I told you. I don't get how this means you're rubbing off me either way.'', he would state, a little flatly. ''I guess I just don't know anymore...'' Did he? ''Hm. Maybe it is. I think better in motion then when still. I suppose that's good? Though, I don't think I can just stop thinking no matter the situation.'' He would shrug a little along with that, as he stood there, crossing his arms over his chest, just watching Naomi play. He didn't feel like trying again himself right now.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:40 am

And, once again, she could see it. She had said something weird and now she made someone uncomfortable. How was she so good at doing that? She would just sort of tap her foot on the ground while she thought, “Good or not, it can still happen. Unless you really don’t want it to.” She was bad at saying what she meant, but she didn’t mean for him to interpret it in a way that was creepy or made him uncomfortable, “I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean that is a weird way. It’s just… I don’t know.” She couldn’t explain it. She would rub the back of her head nervously and smile, “No offense, but the feeling of being stuck together was mutual when we started. However, I would trust you at my back now.” She meant she trusted him enough to let down her guard around him, “And, feel free to not answer me, but are you upset about that? Did you want to be close to them?” If it was heard for him, it may have hurt to have that person change so drastically.

She rolled her eyes, half as a joke, half saying it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, “Reading people’s emotions is nice sometimes, but it mostly makes you paranoid about how everything you do and say affects them. I swear I must be a neurotic mess by now because of it.” She really wasn’t holding up very well in that department, though she tried, “I do admit that Alphonse is a bit harder to read than most people, but I’m not sure if that’s because his emotions are not completely natural or if they don’t display the same as a normal humans.” She figured it was the latter. She thought Alphonse showed pretty basic emotions. Enough that she couldn’t call him emotionless, at least.

She’d put away her rifle once again as she died from a robot that had snuck up on her from a different side, “Well, I can’t say I know him well enough to know his ideals. All I know is that his attitude doesn’t change, no matter what happens. He’s too idealistic. There are times when giving up is the best option, and when stepping back does more good than fighting. It’s all about looking at it and realizing what kind of situation you’re in.” She didn’t want to talk to talk about Hyde though, “At least you’re a more rational person. Have to admit, it’s pretty nice. I like people to be honest with their thoughts and emotions, but there’s a time and place for everything.” Unfortunately, that’s something not everyone seemed to have learned yet. Maybe she just picked it up a while ago. She would sigh with a bit of a laugh, “I knew they weren’t real. I was just thinking of them as the real robots I know. It was just a moment of thinking too deeply about it. I felt a little guilty, but not anymore.” She was good at thinking about too many things at once.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:56 am

Don't want...Even if, how would he go about with that? Tell everyone to fuck off when they so much as got within a foot distance of him? Sharaku wasn't that rude, and as long as he let people approach him freely, this kind of outcome couldn't be avoided. He knew that, but at times it was hard to swallow, mainly those where it didn't end up very favorably. He would frown a little. ''Weird? Not at all. You're actually making more sense than Hyde did anyway. It's just that I don't know how to take these kinds of words. Not your fault.'' He meant this one. He didn't find what she said weird...that's just how he reacted to this in general. She honestly weirded him out much less than Hyde, so there was no way he could blame her for this. ''I have no reason to take offense, because I'm no better when it comes to this.'' Right now, who knew. Letting someone do what they wanted around him while not paying attention was fine enough, he guessed, but he didn't know how much farther than that he would go with trust. He definitely wasn't capable of going to the level of trusting someone with his life in a more dangerous situation as it was. As of yet, he did not have anyone prove him that it was really worth the risk. He would give her a blank face when she posed the question. ''..Honestly, I'm not really sure what I even want. Upset..I don't think that's the right word. But I do not like it, that I can say. I don't know what to do about it. They insist on staying close, but when I let that happen it doesn't go well...if I attempt to push away, that's no good either. It's like no matter which way I go, they get upset over something. And I just end up feeling bad about it.'' He was far from happy, yes, but he had little choice there. It was like a neverending circle, and it usually just ended with him feeling bad over something...because nothing really worked out...and it wasn't like he could turn himself around to be someone else completely, just because someone wanted him to be different. Yet, what do you do when you have to stay on fair terms with that person? It would do him no good to break it up with someone that was a teammate as well. And so it went. By now, he really did not know what he wanted from it.

''Better to be paranoid than always find out you said something wrong too late.'', he would mutter when she explained herself. Maybe it was not fun. But at least she could consider her options better than without being able to tell. He wouldn't say he sucked at it completely, yet it seemed he wasn't very good either if he could get people in a bad mood over whatever he said. Though, it was probably the way he acted, rather than his talking ability. He could say a right thing when he put his mind to it thoroughly enough...but, often the other party flipped him out to the extent that he just didn't. ''Can't say...the only thing I usually notice is that he likes to analyze everything in detail.'' Fact was that he didn't always take the liberty to study the way others expressed their emotions..and he didn't think he he ever tried that with Sentinel. What for..?

He would give an amused chuckle. Well, they did agree about Hyde quite a lot. ''I've tried telling him just that, and he took it as if I meant that I'm willing to give up this current fight we're facing easily, and proceeded to give me a speech I think I've already forgotten. I'm under the impression he often hears what he wants to, not what is actually meant. Either that, or I can't speak properly. Which would mean I'm practically saying gibberish now...am I? Hmm.'' That was probably not very funny, but he was genuinely finding it hard to stay serious when Hyde was in question. Whenever the redhead did not annoy him, he at least cracked him up. 90% of the time it was one or the other. The rest was the small amount of time he could actually be truly calm when Hyde was involved. ''I don't see myself as very rational...but I guess it depends. I do try, at least.'' He did have his moments where he didn't think, and then he had those where he made himself think for the sake of the situation. That probably summed it up the best. ''Good. I think we'd really be above and beyond if we felt guilty even about a game.'' There were enough real lifes to consider..this would make it even more complicated. He did say it sort of jokingly, however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day out (Sharaku)   A day out (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A day out (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next