Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sand & Snow [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:07 am

I know… I know……” Hyde would say with a sigh. He was planning on leaving, but he would take a seat again. It was a strange reaction, once you think that everything is over Sharaku would just drag you back in. “ You know, emotions can be a terrible thing sometimes. The way we just act on them and react to them, but it’s also one of the things that trail us back to our morality. Things would be hectic if we were motionless, and yet our emotions always seems to get ourselves in trouble.” Hyde didn’t really know what he was saying at this point. “I’m sorry; I don’t know why I’m telling you this. IT’s just the first thing that came to mind at the moment. The overall day, is this just an example of s being victims of our emotions?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:18 am

Sharaku would blink a few times, kind of not expecting Hyde to sit back down. Wasn't the redhead about to leave a moment ago? ''No idea. Motionless? You know, Alphonse as a robot does not experience them by base. He has asked me about emotions and how they work once, saying he wants to understand. He believes being able to feel is what makes humans strong. Yet, you can't say he's bad off because he doesn't really have them. I say they are a double-edged sword, depending on how one uses them. Personally, I do not think they do me good.'', he would stare off ahead with a faint frown. Emotions screwed him over a lot. And it was the one thing he had a hard time controlling the way he wished.

''Probably. On my part at least. That's most likely my problem, but I have no solution to it. I interpret emotions in a messy way.'' Afterall, this day wouldn't go like it had, if he hadn't blown over what Hyde did unintentionally. He just got too agitated for some reasons...but he wouldn't say what he did was necessary, even though he did think Hyde was sometimes a little overboard. There were better ways to deal with it, but...well...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:19 pm

People’s lives are forever controlled by two, emotions fear and greed. You can even with out greed for desire if you like. Either way ….fear actually serves as a motivator towards an action of some sort, all in the sake if your life, the life that you care about, or something important to you. Afterwards, greed or desire starts to kick in once things start to go your way. Like finding an angel whose dream could equal an array of promises, pleasures, and anything beyond your wildest fantasies for yourself and the human race. Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? It’s because we are human that this is very much a game it perfectly plays into all of our faults.”

Hyde was silent for a moment before he continued. “I don’t know what I have to do for you to believe me. I don’t want to leave, I want to stay here and hang out with you. Were friends, and friends fight. But after we fight, I’d like to think we understood each other a little better….or learned something about ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:14 am

Eh, Hyde could be smart when he actually wanted to be. Still, there was something..''I think forever is too strong of a word. It's not like it's impossible to fight fear, or moderate our wants. It is up to the individual as to how they handle it. They play on your faults only until you realize them, and do something about it.'' Sharaku would frown a little bitterly. It wasn't an easy task, that it was not. Yet, overcoming emotions was possible. After all, considering the previous talk...people are naturally afraid of death. Those that decided to actually commit suicide had to disregard such, no? Of course, it probably required a good amount of willpower, but all in all it was possible. ''Besides, when I give it a second thought, I don't find it that tempting. The Angels have their own views, and just because you might agree with one at first, I don't think you can enjoy all the aspects and details that come with it, once you learn all of its intents down to a T. No two beings usually desire one hundred percent the same. That, and as I said, this picking an Angel to stand behind charade will only make us oppose others. Is that the answer to what we want? Why do we even need their assistance? We could just choose what we want ourselves, and accomplish it with our own resolve and powers, instead of wasting the time searching for them, because apparently we have to even do that first. Tempting? At first, maybe, but I'd rather make my own view, if I have to pick a way.'' It would save them the time spent to seek all the Angels, if nothing else. He wasn't really of the opinion that they had the time to play hide and seek right now...just to possibly find one, and realize you don't like what they offer anyway.

''Fact is, I don't know either. I'm just normally skeptical about what is said most of the time. It's not that I hold anything against you. That's just how I came to be after everything that happened.'', he would shrug faintly. He didn't trust or fully believe people just like that. Could it be changed? Who knows. Maybe, but if so, he didn't really know how. ''..and when this comes up in the future, we'll fight over it again? I don't know. Understanding doesn't always help.'' Did it?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Instead of acting on them instantly, resisting them when you re confronted with a wave of those emotions most likely opens your eyes towards a bigger picture instead of just reacting n your usual sense. Other than that, we are up against gods. I spoke to angel, we cent do it alone, we most likely need an angel backing us if we are to beat the gods and stand a chance. To me, it’s not about that wish at the end of the rainbow, its accumulating investments in order to insure that we actually have a tomorrow to look forward to. We can pose our own ideals and save time, but with the subpar results that our power lone isn’t enough accomplish what we are trying to. We play by their rules, even if its only for now.

A means to an end to ensure that they have a tomorrow, that was what Hyde was thinking about. “Its easy to claim that having an understanding of each other doesn’t always help. We fight because our opinions differ from each other but that’s only a product of our individuality. it doesn’t mean we can’t be friends if we see things differently. What’s important is that we walk away with something from every conflict or encounter, what that “something” is and what it means to you and your life, is entirely up to you.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Maybe so. And that was one part he did not like at all. ''Yes, but if you make a mistake, and pick the wrong Angel to ally with, you might get a tomorrow you'll end up hating. Hm, we can't do it alone. And apparently neither can they? That would mean our powers do make a difference. Maybe if enough of us worked on it together? Besides, that is exactly what I do not like. Rules. It's always that. They make everything worse. I don't want to dance the way anyone tells me to. I hate doing that. I prefer making my own rules, if anything.'' Sharaku was far from happy about being forced to play this game, and doubly so when the future of the world was at stake. Did they get entertainment from watching them struggle?

''What happens when the differences are too big? How far do you think it is possible to go until a friendship breaks?'' Of course, he didn't believe that friends did not fight at all or such, but there were limits. At some point it had to be uncomfortable enough to interfere with the friendship itself.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:25 am

It’s up to us if a friendship lasts or not. It can last as long as we want it to, it could end as easily as it began. If you said you didn’t want nothing to do with me anymore and truly mean’t it, I wouldn’t bother you anymore. Only if you were ready to call it quits. It takes two to tango, it only doesn’t work if you completely disregard what I offer you. “ Hyde would then brush himself off before standing back up again. “Though, quitting is the easiest thing to do, which is why I’d like to think that sometimes he easiest choice isn’t always the best of choices. What about you? What’s your take on all of this?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:45 am

''Wouldn't? We're still a team, are we not? What would you do, ignore me? That would complicate the situation rather splendidly. Either way, how would you know I truly mean it? You always keep saying you have faith, even when I'm being negative. Would you be able to tell I'm serious?'' Hyde was putting it rather simply, but it wasn't always in every ocassion. Being on battlegrounds with a teammate brought nothing good, not matter how much would one wish otherwise. It was already rocky enough when they put Hyde and Naomi in one space. Second of all, Hyde never appeared to give up, taking everything lightly. The redhead would probably not realize he was being serious about wanting him out, would it ever come down to that kind of thing.

He would snort as he watched Hyde stand up. ''Is it not? If something only causes you grief and suffering, you'd rather keep going because quitting is an easy option? What kind of a decision is that? Sure, at times it can be favorable to give it a second try, but there are times when quitting is the best course one can take, and not because it's easier to do than anything else. I quit when something simply isn't worth it.'' That's about what he had to say on that subject.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Of course, maybe my hardheadedness would initially believe that, but I guess it’ll take some persistence in disliking me if you really want to get rid of me. And wow, you are actually admitting that we are on a team, maybe you gotten used to all of us being together?” Hyde would say with a small laugh. “When the chips are own and we are starting to lose the fight against the primorials, the big one that we can’t afford to lose quitting isn’t an option. Before the real troubles start to go ahead of us an things start to seem hopeless, I’m going to solidify my tenacious habit of persevering.”

Hyde was about ready to leave.” I had fun today, regardless of how things went. Surprisingly, after this talk, I feel a bit better. I’ll see you later Sharaku.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:07 pm

''.....and you have to point out just that.'' Sharaku would sigh. Really. Did Hyde always have to make some sort of assumption from a part of what he said? He had been saying that to illustrate a point, not to talk about whether he liked the idea of them being a team or not. Nevertheless. ''You can get used to anything. Even ants crawling up your butt. That wasn't the point, however.'' He would shake his head. Sometimes, he wondered why he even tried to explain something to the redhead. Hyde had the uncanny ability to focus exactly on what he found interesting, and not what was the actual point.

''That aside, I wasn't even speaking of this situation. There are some things that you can't completely quit. I meant those when it doesn't cost you as much as your life when you give it up. On that note, I think I've lost your train of thought anyway.'', he would just shrug. Whatever comes, goes. ''If you say so. I'll just hang around for now...'' He wasn't sure what to make of this day. For now, he would probably stay sitting here a moment longer, and then maybe wander around. Hm.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Hyde and Sharaku's friendship does not appear to be progressing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand & Snow [Hyde]
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10