Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paige

Paige

Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] Empty
PostSubject: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:11 am

"Holy fu-!"

One second, he was glancing around, making sure the coast was clear before he started climbing through one of the portals to the other Penecia. The next, there was a tug on his jacket and he was falling face-first through the damn window, tumbling rather painfully along the floor of one of the Outpost's small rooms.

Stunned and mildly sore, Julian laid on the ground for a few seconds, grimacing. What the hell just happened? He couldn't possibly be getting worse at climbing through these holes between dimensions or whatever. If anything, he should be getting better. He'd visited this place enough times by now, hadn't he? So what caused that spill this time?

The teen slowly sat up, gingerly prodding his face for any damage. His teeth had clacked together kind of hard when he fell. The thought prompted him to run his tongue along the back of his teeth. Besides a dull ache, there didn't seem to be any cracks or anything. His jaw stung a little, but that would probably be gone in a few minutes. // Must've tripped or something. Didn't think I was so- //

// God. Damnit. //

Some guy was laying on the ground not that far from him, in apparently the same position. A sneaking dread settled in Julian's stomach. Did this guy think he was falling or something and get dragged through the portal with him? Was that even possible? ...Wait. Wait. Maybe this was just a guy from the Outpost that he hadn't met yet? That was completely possible. Totally. Maybe there ws no need to panic.
...Didn't hurt to be on the side of caution though.
Julian hauled himself to his feet, brushing off his clothes before crouching down next to the guy. His head cocked to the side curiously, a worried little smile playing his lips. "Hey. You alright?"
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:28 am

Everything is dark. I can't see anyone or anything around, I am like standing in the middle of a dark void. Everything was silent when a voice suddenly broke it. Hey! You alright!?" a voice of a man asked me. I opened my eyes, it seems that I was asleep when I was in that darkness. I saw a fellow teenager, he is male and I assume he is older than me. I rose from the ground and felt a little numb on my head. I then would stand up and look around my surroundings. Woah, where am I? I'm in Penecia but this is not the Penecia I know. Everything is in ruins and the sky is red and everything around me is green except for the two of us. "Woah! Where am I?" I asked the teenager right beside me. "Who are you!? What are we doing in this strange place!?" questions continued to flow through my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 2:42 am

At least this guy was awake. That was a good sign. Any smidgen of hope Julian had of this being just some guy wandering around the underground bunker, however, was shattered as he started blabbering. // Fuck. // Seriously. How the hell could other people fall in with him? That would've been a pretty nice little tidbit of information to know up front, wouldn't it?

Rising up with the teen, Julian laid his hands on the other boy's shoulders, staring intently at his face with a hint of concern. It was a lucky break that the normal guards posted around weren't crowding the portal at the moment. While they weren't in the small room with them, there was still a big chance of them being just outside the door, so anymore shouting would probably just spell all kinds of bad news. First things first: calm this kid down. "Calm down. Look at me. Look at me."

Should he have followed the directions, Julian would smile lightly and continue talking, slowly removing his hands from the guy's shoulders and letting them hang at his sides. "First off, you're okay. It might look a little dreary, but I swear, it's not that bad. Scout's honor." Not that Julian had ever actually been a cub scout, but whatever. "My name is Julian. And you're...?" the teen would trail off uncertainly. As he said this, he'd hold out his hand for a handshake, grinning amicably in an attempt to calm the guy's nerves a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 4:13 am

The teenager which introduced himself as Julian said that everything will be okay. Now, he is asking for my name. "Kazuya... My name is Kazuya" I answered. I will then walk a little distance away from him still wondering in my surroundings. Why is the sky red? and why everything here is just a wasteland?. I turned back to Julian and asked these questions calmly. "I'm asking you again, Where are we? and what are we doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:09 pm

The minute both young men fell through, the guard around the area looked in a bit of surprise, and nearly jumped when they came through the rift. He watched the two talk for a bit before tapping something on his chest that looked like a button connected to something, and he would approach the two to Julian and ask if he was alright, and if he was, would inquire to who the young man with him was. Though after a few minutes, a familiar woman with dark hair and a uniform walk to the two, and look oddly at the young man, then back to Julian.

Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] 368543-untitled_1_super

"Was this simply by chance or were you meaning to bring him? Furthermore, are you well you two?" Emmilene said standing in front of them. "Katzuya you told him your name was? Sorry, either way I am sure he didn't mean to trouble you. Alot will need to be explained in order for you to understand, and trust me, it'll be a lot. If you want, I can have him take you back to your own place and we can pretend this never happened. Though as you can tell, you are clearly not in a world of your own," she explained. In fact, she seemed to be telling the truth, with her well-spoken regal tone. Julian would see the rift, but Katzuya could only see the bottom patch, like the streets of the Penecia he recognized were leaking into this world. It was an odd sight, and Emmilene understood that he would probably be in a panic. "Please don't panic, you are in no danger here and if you choose to stay a bit longer I can simply send you back. My name is Emmilene Dulrish, and Neither I, the people here, nor Julian intends to harm you," she said trying to calm him down and eve offered a young soft hand somewhat coarse with physical use to shake in greeting. She didn't seem the least bit worried or confused when she spoke to him, like her moment of bewilderment was gone with the literal blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Why the hell did Murphy have to invent that stupid law? Everything was going to go downhill from here. It took a lot of willpower to keep from scowling at the guard. Rather, he managed a small smile and a, "Don't worry, we're fine." ...Oh great. Now he's asking about this guy. "His name's Kazuya." Julian glanced back at the other boy, silently asking whether or not he'd gotten the pronunciation right before turning to the guard and grinning politely. "Sorry, can you give us a minute?"

Assuming the guard would back off and give them some space, Julian looked back at Kazuya and looked him up and down for a moment, trying to think quickly. Since the damn guards pounced on this so quick, he couldn't just bluff and usher this guy out of here. No, that probably wouldn't work out well. This guy already seemed kind of suspicious and...well, oddly freaked out. Why the hell an underground room would be so weird to him, Julian had no idea. Maybe he was claustrophobic? "This place is...well...Penecia, technically."

He hadn't gone any farther than that when Emmilene herself strode through the door. Damn. He should've figured they'd send for her. She was always pretty quick to react to things. Gotta give this place props for that, at least. "We're fine, far as I know. Sorry about this, Em. I learned something new about the portals the hard way." A slight frown of apology crossed his face. She seemed alright, but if she was actually upset underneath that calm veneer, he'd prefer she understand that this was a kind of accident.

Julian stayed quiet for the rest of the girl's little speech. This was her domain, and the situation was basically out of his hands for now. But he'd stay around, though, since he started the whole thing. Otherwise, unless he really needed to add something, he'd let Emmilene take control of the conversation for now.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:11 am

"I see... I trust you" I said to Emmilene with a serious face. More questions are inside my mind but i'll be careful what to ask so I can avoid any trouble. So I started to ask questions "What is this world? and what's in this world? Do you guys live here?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Emmilene raised an eyebrow slightly at Julian's nickname, but welcomed it nonetheless. But she did lower her eyes with a dark expression when he brought up the expanded rifts. She too noticed they had changed, and certain things have been happening cause of it. It was....odd...but in any event, When Katzuya mentioned he had her trust, she gave a sort of wry smile. "It is good that you trust me, but you must be careful. Trusting everyone you see is not a smart thing to do. Not that I blame you for being in a different situation and looking for help," she said. ran a few fingers through some of her grey hairs on the side. "Well, as you can tell, this world is definitely not your own. This is apparently an alternate world of your island Penecia. And from what Julian has told me and what I have learned, there are other of these worlds you can enter from your island home. Our world is....well it's in a bit of a struggle. Come with me," she would bid the two to follow while the guard remained, and would lead them into a smaller room on the side, about the size of a classroom before allowing them to follow.

"I imagine this will be hard, but consider this, if two Gods waged a war using people as their soldiers, what would happen?" Regardless of his answer, he'd turn around to face him. "Well, that has essentially been the cause of our turmoil..." she would go on to explain the two gods, the Personas, and in turn, the state of their destroyed world. She explained who Julian was, someone who volunteered to help her in this quest, and though he did not pick Katzuya, he seemed to have been chosen by fate. "...You have the potential to obtain the power from me. You can harness your inner strength. My only wish is that you help solve the crises inflicting both of our worlds. And that you keep in mind one thing, if I were to die, everyone who I have given this power to shall lose it. It is essentially, making me a Person of Interest. You are free to back out if you wish, and I will lead you home." She awaited his response, a silent patient look on her face that made her look older, like a mother perhaps.

Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 am

(Ok... 48 hours have passed so skippin Julian's turn)

I would them follow into the small room and I sat on the seat near to the little girl. This is a little bit weird because a little girl is the leader of this resistance against Chaos guys. Well, she is already very mature on the young age, provably even more mature than me, and she can handle herself in this strange alternate world or we can just say that this place is a wasteland. Now she asked if two gods waged a war what will happen?. "Some weird supernatural things will happen to this world and it might also affect the real world" I answered. Now she stated some stuff about this world and Julian and her helpers then now she is pffering me something, she is offering me a power. It will be used as a weapon in the war of this two worlds but if I gained that power, I will be following her and protect her with all my might because if she died, we will lose this power. I'll accept this power not that she offered it, it is because that I want to help too to end this war. So i stood up and said my decision. "Ok, I'll accept it. It's not that you offered it, it is simply because I want to help in this war too and protect you with all my might. If you want more manpower then count me in!"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Emmilene smiled somewhat. She looked to Julian for approval. If he were to give his go, she would begin the procedure, but if not, she would not go through with it and explain it to him, and lead him out. Though the procedure itself with his blessing would begin with a simple card depicting the World Arcana appearing in Emmilene's hand. After crushing it with a decisive sound of broken glass, a blue aura appeared enveloping Emmilene and emanating two lights which would form a circle, connecting Kazuya at the other side. The space between would glow brightly with an azure hue, before a second tarot card appeared, though from above, and floated down to Kazuya's hand before vanishing in blue pearls.

Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] 161yqzp

At that moment, a golden mythical beast out of legend would begin to float into the air, flapping its wings while looking down at Kazuya. Kazuya could tell that this being seemed to be part of him, even as it began to speak. "I am Gryphon. Let us fly together and achieve true glory!" it said before vanishing. The circle and light would face, and the aura around Emmilene would vanish as she walked to him, though Kazuya would feel noticeable fatigue from the event, though he could now see the rifts not in their odd condition, and actually see the Penecia Island he had clearly remembered. "The Temperance. Balance, harmony, and consolidation. It is certainly....straightforward, though not often seen," she said to him as she spoke to him. "Are you well? Do you need a moment to rest?" Regardless of the answer, she would wave to Julian to come over to her while keeping an eye on the young man, and she would grab his hand and put a couple items within it. "It was unintended, but you did help me, and nonetheless, you are to receive your payment. I shall give more and more the more you bring, since we always find things, the same will go for him," she said with a confirming nod, which would be the one time she turned to him, as she then looked back to Kazuya to gauge his wellness.

Skill Used:

Julian Recieves:
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:45 am

Julian had followed Emmilene and listened quietly to her whole sphiel, carefully watching Katzuya's reaction to all of this. For the most part, the kid didn't seem that fazed. He was almost...calm about all of it. There was no denial, no disbelief, hell, there wasn't even any anger or anything. Should Julian commend this guy for keeping such a straight face or be suspicious of him?

He was starting to lean towards "suspicious" as the teen gave a response that nearly had Julian gaping at him with disbelief. Who said cheesy stuff like that in real life? It was like Katzuya ripped lines right from a Marvel movie or something. Add that in with the poker face, and...geez, this guy almost didn't seem human for a second.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, the dark-haired male took a few deep breaths. Alright, maybe this guy was a little...different. He couldn't say he really trusted him either. But as he raised his eyes and discovered Emmilene giving him a questioning look, he found himself nodding slightly. He'd just have to keep a close eye on this guy, was all. The moment he screwed up, there'd be hell to pay, of course, but maybe just this once he could let this slide. Emmilene seemed fine with it anyways, and he trusted her judgement a little more when it came to the matters of Alternate Penecia.

The following light show was definitely familiar to him. That was the same circle and whatnot he'd been in the night that one soldier decided to spirit him away to this place. A different card this time, though. Maybe each person received a different card? Hm...right, they were tarot cards. Of course they'd correspond to different people depending on their personalities. Maybe when he got home he'd have to look up this "Temperance" card and see just who he'd be dealing with from now on.

"Hm?" he hummed out questioningly as he approached the beckoning woman. ...Huh? Reward...? ...Oh. Right. "Bring more people and I'll give you stuff." That had been her stipulation, hadn't it? He had half a mind to try and return the items since this had been a big screw-up anyways, but thought better of it. The last thing Katzuya needed to see was him and Emmilene bickering about gifts and whatnot. That'd just leave a bad impression. So Julian just nodded before pocketing the items and moving to Katzuya and resting a careful hand on the guy's shoulder. "How're you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:15 am

"I'm ok, i'm ok. It's just that this is a little bit strange. Also i'm safe as long as I got Gryphon" I answered calmly like I was not in danger or something. I am always like this, Panic for a while but in a few minutes, i'll be calm. Sometimes, i'm always calm like nothing is even happening. I always look at the positive things in life and never look at the negative ones which is why I am always smiling. I need to get out of here now. "Excuse me but do you know where the nearest portal is" I asked but whatever the answer is. I would say "Thank you" and follow the direction as instructed then leave the alternate world.

Exit~desu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]   Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening] Empty

Back to top Go down

Slight of Hand [Katsuya's Awakening]
Page 1 of 1