Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] Empty
PostSubject: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:46 am

The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] P123298727-3

The Literature Club...

The sunlight shined onto one side of the room through the windows; the other side covered in a cool shade. Silence filled the room and one person sat alone within the room reading a chapter of an unknown book. This girl, Azami Aihara, was still inside the clubroom after the remaining members had made their departure. It hadn't been that long since they had left but none the less it could appear odd to see that she chose to stay here after they had taken their leave.

Azami herself wasn't quite ready to return home nor did she really have anywhere else to go -- and really, she was quite fine with that... or at the very least that's what she told herself. After all, the book she was reading was rather intriguing. It was a classic known by many far and wide. To be more specific, it was a copy of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Only recently had she gotten around to writing it but despite this she had seemingly gotten a bit farther than most would.

It was here, in the peaceful and silent room that surrounded her, that a familar face would soon enter. And so would begin another chapter of the adventures of the two; whether Azami knew it or not.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 am

“Hello!” Hyde would say as he walked inside the literature club with a smile on his face. However there was only one person here, good thing it was the person he was looking for. “Azami chan! I was hoping that you was here, we forgot to change numbers because you was in a hurry. Then I realized that you was in this club and I wanted to check it out!” Hyde would then find a seat across from Azami and look at the books on the table. “Oh, what’s this?” The book read literature for dummies; Hyde was looking at the back of the book as he read its content. “It’s a book that teaches people how to read, wow. “ After giving off a small laugh, Hyde looks over to Azami. So what are you reading?
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 pm

"Oh, hey."

Azami wasn't surprised to see Hyde energetically burst through the door of the Literature Club at first -- or at least it didn't show on her unfazed face. She could vaguely recollect informing him of her membership in the club during their last meeting although she hadn't been 100% sure that she had done so. None the less, it seems that she had or that Hyde had found someone who knew of her presence within said club.

With that she'd proceed to give her contact information to Hyde -- allowing him to call her before then proceeding to sit back down. "Coincidentally, I'm reading the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I'm sure you've read or at least heard of it before, have you not?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 10:11 pm

“Hmm, I don’t think I ever heard about that book before. I mean my only choice of literature is manga, comic strips, and comics in general. I like to avoid all of the wordy and unentertaining things like the plague. “ Hyde would say as he pushed his chair in and looked at Azami from across the table. “But if this book is something that interests you, surely it must be very entertaining read. You know…I was expecting you to read a book about a yakuza samurai or something, considering that you like kendo. There is this anime called rurouni kenshin, I think you would like it. “After that, Hyde gets back on topic. “So what’s the book about?”
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 1:58 am

"I don't remember the first chapters word-for-word naturally and unfortunately don't have a bookmark with me at the time. However, I can give you a general summary of what occurred if you're interested." Azami would offer; ready to narrate the general plot of the beginning should the boy have an interest in hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:02 am

“Story time?” Hyde would say as he went in his bag and took out two fruits. It was a banana and an apple. Hyde placed the banana closer to Azami as he started to peel the banana. “Alright, well we shouldn’t tell stories on an empty stomach, I made sure to get you an apple this time so it’s a good thing I ran into you. “After taking one bite, Hyde was ready to hear the story. “Alright, I’m ready. How does the story go again Azami chan?” Hyde actually wondered who those two people are; he was a bit weary of the title of Doctor. Hyde usually associates doctors with needles and the like, something that Hyde didn’t like very much.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

"Well, if you insist." Azami would reply; closing the book and looking directly at Hyde as she recollected the events of the narrative as best as she could remember.

~And so begins a story.

Mr. Utterson: an average citizen and a lawyer. Those were the roles he fulfilled and he fulfilled them well.

He was a man of few and blank faces. Never a smile sat upon his cheeks and never an emotion did he express. Some even joked that one could hardly tell him apart from a corpse -- for he was arguably only dry bones and dust that wasted away day-by-day. Yet somehow, within this husk of a man, people found something to love. He had acquaintances, friends, admirers, and all things of the sort despite the nature of his personality.

Perhaps it was that they themselves had witnessed that something within him. During times of relaxation and recreation where the atmosphere was warm and the wine tasteful, people found humanity within the old man. He laughed, he smiled, he pitied, he empathized and he expressed what was without a shadow of doubt emotion. But he did not do this so blatantly -- for all these actions were not seen on their own but instead witnessed subtly tucked away inside his satisfied face after these evenings: or, better yet, witnessed in what he did. After all, a man should not be judged by what he appears to be but rather what his actions make him to be. One could almost say that he tolerated other individuals -- almost, that is.

It was one day though that, while out with a close acquaintance, that Mr. Utterson was told of what was a horrid sequence of events. A sequence of events witnessed by his relative; Enfield. This began upon a chance encounter late at night; wherein he noticed two individuals -- an old and strange-looking man whom appeared to be walking in the general direction of a young girl, likely in hopes of passing simply by her.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:58 pm

“oooooo… that’s pretty brutal. Why does his name have to be mr Hyde again? It’s like that’s suppose to be me when I’m an adult or something? Pretty creepy…” Hyde would comment as he continued to be immersed in the story.

Story

“Foolish girl…..” Edward Hyde looked down on the young girl that fell to the floor when she bumped into him. His cold eyes pierced right through her soul as he continued to bring down his foot across her body. He trampled her repeatedly in the stomach, chest and face. Her muffled cries were covered by the dirty soles of his shoes. “ What was that? Was that an apology? Was that a cry for mercy, such trash shouldn’t have any right to rub across my garments and expect a pardon as if we were equals. You pathetic waste of human life.” Edward’s entertainment was short-lived as someone found themselves to th scene of the incident, that someone’s name was Enfield. “Tch” Edward sucked his teeth as he made his way to flee the scene, even though he was captured eventually.

Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 1:23 am

"It's probably just a coincidence Hyde. I don't think you'll have to worry about finding yourself trampling over children at any point in time." Azami would speak calmly and confidently. Afterwards she would begin speaking once more...

"STOP FIEND!"

Enfield rather quickly came into pursuit of Mr. Hyde as he found himself rushing forwards. Swiftly avoiding the occasional bystander and object he swung around the corner; rushing towards the man he had identified. Without hesitation he grabbed onto his shoulder with a glare of such great contempt that one could almost smell the aroma of char and fire coming from his flame-filled eyes.

"What do you think you're doing you damnable bastard? You trampled that girl over with no concern and you just think you can walk away?"

Enfield was not a man of justice. But... for this monster of a man to just trample over a girl like that -- it was unjustifiable. It was horrid, it was disgusting, and above all else it was unforgivable. The girl was but a child and had done nothing but simply cross paths with him.

If it wasn't clear, Enfield was most certainly far from content with what had just occurred. He wanted an answer, right then and there, and nothing short of it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:21 am

“I don’t care what you think of my actions, tiny man. That woman was in my way, and she even assaulted me. I had every obligation to defend myself…. “ Edward would turn around with a twisted while and a menacing appearance as he tipped his hat. Assault wasn’t exactly the right term when she bumped into Hyde by accident, but the man was crazy. “What of you then? Are you expecting to take me to justice? How intriguing….” Edward Hyde taunted his pursuer as he was held accountable and taken into custody by the man. “Unhand me!”

Real World-

Hyde was totally into the story, even though it was a bit scary and the man had a coincidental last name to his first name. He laughed a little when Azami said he wouldn’t be stepping on children anytime soon. “I won’t be stepping on children ever! I plan to have my own someday, what kind of parent would be If I had a horrible personality that inclined me to give random people brain damage for no reason. Not the good kind of parent…..”
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:03 am

Enfield couldn't help but roll his eyes at the excuse of the man. Did this man take him for a fool? He had witnessed the scene with his own two eyes. Not only that but he also admitted to the crime to top it all and it was clear upon examination that the victim was a child -- making it all the more likely for the assault part to have been made completely up. In fact, the claim would likely seem absurd to anyone regardless of whether they had or hadn't witnessed the scene.

"If you wish for me to unhand you I'll do so. You should know however that should I do so I will gladly inform the authorities of your every involvement in this case as well as the media and those with connections in high-places. Your life will be shattered to pieces just as you could have very much done to that little girl. Now, let's make this clear. You WILL come back to the crime scene with me. Do we have an understanding?"

Enfield would only tighten his grip on the man's shoulder; not letting go in the slightest and standing there, unflinching, at the individual before him.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 3:41 am

"oooooo! Azami chan, things are starting to get a bit serious. I think that guy is suppose to be a super hero or something, the modern day superhero of Sherlock holmes?" Hyde would think for a second and then he would scratch his head with a small laugh. "Wait, i think i'm getting the stories mixed up. But this is starting to get good. What happens after this? Is there a big fight scene? Does he surrender?" Hyde would say, asking Azami some questions about the story with pure interest and curiosity
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 pm

"Well, Enfield takes him back to the crime scene after Mr. Hyde reluctantly agrees. There's no fight or struggle between them really -- at least not physically." Azami spoke in hopes of answering Hyde's question.

"The real conflict comes into play later in the story when we discover that Mr. Hyde is the split personality of Dr. Jeckyll; an upstanding citizen. The two personalities are conflicting with one another and the main goal of Jeckyll is to get rid of Hyde or merge the two personalities into one considering how, from what you can see, Hyde is out of control. In a way it could be taken as symbolic. Hyde represents the dark, uncontrolled side of us all. After all, humans are capable of terrible things and many choose to perform such acts on each other. It truly is a sad world when we'll bludgeon, stab, shoot, or perform any act of murder and/or assault onto each other for idiotic and irrational reasons... Humanity truly can be despicable at times."

Azami delivered her next words with her calm demenaor at first but at the end her tone would reveal a mixture of melancholy and rage; clearly aggravated as she explained how humanity could be heartless at times. Her eyes flickered with flames of rage for a split second before the moments of emotion faded away betwixt the figurative fingertips of time and she returned to her normal state. For a moment she sat there before realizing exactly what she had did... Yes, she had made a grave mistake. Having gotten caught up in explaining the scenario she basically spoiled part of the book.

"S-Sorry... I guess I got too caught up in what I was saying and forgot that we weren't even close to that point in the book yet. Apologies." The girl's head hung down slightly in shame and embarrassment as she extended her hands forwards; the book within them.

"If you want you could read it for yourself. It's my property so it's no big deal as long as you return it. Plus, I wouldn't be around to accidentally reveal crucial plot points during my ranting and raving." She offered to the boy before her. Whether or not he accepted was up to him though, of course.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:01 am

Hyde gave off a small laugh as he noticed that Azami was a bit shy after explaining most of the contents of the book. “haha….hey.. you don’t have to worry about it. As a matter of fact, seeing how interested you are in the book has actually inspired me to give it a read myself. Besides, it wouldn’t be very cool of me to turn you down without giving it a try, not if you cherish it up to an extent. In that case, I’ll happily give it a try! “Hyde would say as he grabbed the book and started to put it in his book bag. While he was putting the book in his bag, he wanted to ask Azami a question that was on his mind. “So what’s going on with the other members today Azami chan? Are you the only one here today?” He wondered f most of the members would call it a day early? Or maybe Azami just liked the privacy?
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 pm

"Ah... Them."

Azami nodded in response to Hyde's question; signifying she knew the answer. "They seem to have other matters to attend to. I personally don't know what those affairs are but regardless it's none of my business. After all, if they wish to leave there's nothing stopping them." She stated with a shrug of her shoulders. Really... it didn't matter much. People had lives to experience. They had places to be and people to see -- and she wasn't a part of that equation. That was just how life was: nothing more and nothing less. To insist otherwise was foolish. What right did she have to decide how others live? And even if she felt comfortable shoving herself at them it wasn't as though there was any chance of her making it better. They'd just keep living the same way regardless -- assuming her presence didn't make matters any worse.

Her thoughts continued to flow through her mind; analogy after analogy until it eventually came to a halt and she simply looked up at Hyde with a sigh.

"I don't mind being alone. There's no real downside to it, is there?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]   The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Dr. Azami and Mr. Hyde [Private]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next