Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Feeling safe. She did have an interesting view on things, though if Sharaku were to say something on it, he'd probably have a rather skeptical assumption on the whole things. Honestly, safety seemed rather scarce most of the time, and simply a person who wasn't scared wouldn't really help all that much. Though, in feelings maybe, but when did that part of it truly matter? ''Good for you, I'd guess.'', he would say, a bit matter of factly. He didn't really think further discussion would prove any good anyway. He hadn't exactly meant the whole thing with words the way she put it, but maybe it could pass in a somewhat farfetched way. ''Not neccessarily.'', he would shrug a little. ''I wouldn't really use the word gift in reference to that, but it's a complicated matter anyway. It might be better to not discuss that though.'', he would somewhat elaborate, giving her an almost apologetic smile. It was obvious that there was something he wasn't telling, but as far as he was concerned, it was fine for now.

Though, he almost wanted to laugh at the way she reacted to his side comment. Was there a problem with cats or something? Either way, he hadn't really meant anything specific by it. Seeing milk just seemed to make him think of cats at the moment, and it wasn't like he even knew why himself.

Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 Tyki_mikk-14

''You sure react quickly.'', he would chuckle a bit, obviously rather amused by the display. ''But really, I didn't mean anything per se. The milk just makes me think of cats, that is all. Though, you are free to interpret it as you wish. I shall not attempt to stop you.'', he would explain, almost a bit cheekily. He definitely hadn't been going for this when he said that. Truth to be told, he hadn't been going for anything. She seemed to have a knack for overexaggerating a little bit. It was extremely amusing in its own way though. That is, as long as she didn't do it in situations where it'd be a mess.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Though Rita was still looking down, embarrassed still by his comment, she couldn't help but look up at Sharaku's quirks and such, something she thought a bit unusual, though also very interesting... though his stoic answer made her lose what words she might have had to say but just a simple... "Ah, um... yeah, thanks..." Still feeling a slight bit skittish now that the whole cat thing happened, Rita just stared silently to the ground while she listened to Sharaku talk, feeling a bit intrigued by what he meant with "a complicated matter"... though she dropped it, feeling it was something Sharaku wasn't willing to discuss out loud. "Alright, if you don't wanna talk about it, I won't force you..." Smiling gently at him Rita took a few more sips of the milk, not really caring about the cat thing anymore, just listening to what Sharaku had to say about it... giggling a bit at his chuckle as if it was contagious... "Well, yeah, I've been told that a lot..." Quite a bit more cheerful and even more relaxed, Rita just limited herself to answering more than anything, not really liking formulating questions herself... though his remark made her laugh quite a bit more. "Ehehe, I normally associate cats with milk too but I dunno if strawberry milk's really that good for them..." Laughing still, Rita was obviously joking, not intending for Sharaku to take it seriously at all... though she would interpret it as just another one of his quirks and move on to the next point. "So, would you like me to point you the other ones of that collection or no?" Looking again in the bookshelf's direction, Rita turned away from Sharaku and started searching in the "B" section since she had found the second one of the series a bit before the first, the third, she imagined, would be contained early in this section's line-up... though the next one would be "H" and it would be not at all hard to find on its own... the problem was if this bookstore had even stocked the books in the first place... looking a bit worried, Rita waited for Sharaku to speak up while searching around, not really knowing if he wanted the books in the first place...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 pm

At first, Sharaku wasn't entirely sure what it was that Rita was thanking him for. He hadn't said anythi-Oh, well maybe..Hm, she sure had unexpected reactions to some things. ''No need to thank me. It isn't like I've done anything.'', he would wave it off lightheartedly. Playing nicey nicey was allright, but it was no fun in the long run. He prefered to stay at least somewhat entertained, if nothing else. There wasn't too much else to hope for anyway. Well, she surprisingly didn't attempt to prod, which was in a way good. He was used to people asking when he gave vague answers. And he happened to do that a lot, as circumistances often swooshed the conversation exactly where...it wasn't completely appropriate for the moment. Though, he was essentially willing to talk...but not at all times. ''Appreciated. I would tell you, but I'm afraid you might not even understand.'', he would concede eventually, with a light huff. That was probably the best way to go for now.

''That so?''
, he would quip when she admitted she had been told that a lot. Though, it was quite believable. She did seem to bristle rather quickly. ''I'd try, but I think it isn't worth the risk.'', he would retort at the comment about strawberry milk. Not really in a serious manner though. He figured it'd be a lame idea all in all. When she suddenly switched back to books, he would blink at her a few times. It seemed that he had almost forgotten about the original matter on hand. ''Ahn, well sure. I don't mind.'' He didn't really. It wasn't like the books were going to kill him, nor cause him any trouble, whether he ended up actually reading them or not. And he honestly didn't care about the money in the first place, so that part was completely moot as well. ''Aren't you looking for any for yourself though?'', he would ask, a little curious. Yes, she did have those two with her back there when she was sitting, but he had no way to know whether she was buying that, or only that for the matter.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Listening to him, Rita just simply nodded away his first response, finding that matter cleared up and over with... though her search for the third book was swift and easy as she took hold of it and placed it on a nearby bench next to the second volume which she went back to find right now, only to be stopped real quick by Sharaku's words. "Well, I never was one to pry about people, especially ones I've just met... I'm not one of those girls who just wants to know everything about your life on just the first date..." Though the expression "first date" was used more as emphasis, aiming to evade a repeat of two lines in the same sentence... she wondered if Sharaku caught that and continued looking through, taking out the second book of the series and placing it atop the third one neatly, matching how she liked to place her books back home... now looking at the "H" section, Rita would once again begin her search for the sought-out fourth book, one she hadn't read herself, if her memory wasn't failing her at all right now... though Sharaku's next comment only earned a "Mhm" sound from her, notifying that she thought that conversation topic handled as well... though she found the fourth book quick and easy, she almost screamed at the price tag, being an outrageous double of all other books she had examined so far, standing high at 50 dollars... while disappointed that she'd have to wait until next month to buy a book she's been waiting to read, Rita still picked up this copy for Sharaku while replying to his next comment. "Well, feel free to try... I'm easy to anger but pissing me off is almost impossible, I find..." Giving him a slight giggle as she answered this, Rita placed the last book at the bottom of the pile, picking them back up with one hand while taking Sharaku's book away and placing it on top of the pile. "Yeah, I'm done searching for now... These are yours." Placing the stack of four books on Sharaku's hands, Rita moved back to where she was before, expecting Sharaku to follow her back as well. "Well, I have this to take home today... hopefully money won't be an issue since we're still in the middle of the month..." Worrying a bit, Rita picked up the two books sitting still where she placed them, on the bench and sat down once again, offering Sharaku to sit down beside her as well. Taking a few sips of milk, Rita would notice Sharaku hadn't even started drinking his yet... which to, in response, Rita pointed at it with her free hand and would signal her head to him as if saying: "Aren't you drinking?" Though the phrase was actually non-verbal and mostly just what it might seem like to Sharaku... waiting for his responses, Rita'd sip her milk some more, finding it was almost empty...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:03 am

How honorable. Still, it wasn't like Sharaku would have told her much, had she wanted to go ahead and pry. Some things were better untold in certain circumistances after all, and he had no intention to tell about any of these things to just about everyone. Besides there were some requirements for the other person to understand in the first place. In retrospect, the idea was funny. If he did tell her anything, she would probably just assume that he's grown a second head at the very best, the way things were. ''Well, isn't that all mighty and nice of you.'' It seemed as if he was somewhat teasing her. ''Magnificient though. You spare me the trouble of having to worry about freaking you out.'', he would conclude aloud, his tone, however rather laid back even though what he just said might have sounded a bit weird. It was up to Rita to interpret the meaning of his words as she deemed appropriate. How serious he was being right now was up in the air.

While she busied herself with the continuous searching, he would simply watch her with a thoughtful look. Well, that was going to be a lot of books, apparently. ''I might just bow out on that one. Trying to piss people off on purpose is not exactly my kind of activity.'' Yes, well, generally. Then again, even when he managed so, it usually wasn't an elaborate intention from his side. Angry people weren't that fun to deal with. They just yelled at others, and he did not enjoy his patience being tested. And pray to all hell about the things BESIDE patience. At least in his personal case. ''Well, this sure may take a while....'', he would mutter when she handed him four books in total. And tehy weren't exactly thin either. When was he even going to read all that? Sure, he did have plenty of free time, but he wasn't planning on reading all day. Not to mention that he wasn't even used to reading books in english. Still, it didn't seem that he was really down about it. Books, unlike people, could at least wait.

He would do his best to follow her which was a somewhat daunting task, holding four books in one hand, and that damned milk in other. Thankfully, he managed to not drop anything on the way. ''Hm? Are they expensive? Though, I suppose books would be...'', he would question when she explained that she was taking the two he had seen her with before and worrying about the money. Whether she noticed or not, he apparently hadn't even checked the price of whatever she gave him yet, even though he was asking her about such. Way to go. Either way, he would take the offered seat, if only to stop having to balance everything around. Those books weren't lightweight either. '....?' At first he was a little confused as to what she was getting at, but it wasn't too hard to figure out once he followed where she was pointing with his gaze. Ah, yes, that. 'Do I really have to...?' He would proceed to stare at her for a short while, not even saying anything. ''Well....I guess.'' He would give eventually. Besides, it wasn't like he could just dump it somewhere. Though, this was definitely going to take a while, as shown by the fact that he didn't even get far initially, stopping to mutter something under his breath. Mostly unintelligible to her, but she could have caught one word : Sweet. What was that all about...?
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Still sipping away at her milk, Rita was about to crush the box as she felt all the milk slurp up the tiny straw and into her closed mouth, which still held quite a grin from the conversation... only to turn to a playful pout, an obviously fake one, if you will. "Hmph, jerk!" Though her tone would be playful and a giggle would come out right after it... and then her grin would be replaced by a face of complete and utter surprise at Sharaku's mention of freaking her out... "Wait, freaking me out...? Now I wanna press further a bit..." Contemplating her choices, Rita shook her head and decided not to push her luck, this talk had been going well so far and she didn't want to try and get Sharaku mad accidentally... Though she wondered then if he was actually serious at all or not... Tossing the milk package to the trash, Rita hit it square in the inner wall, making it ricochet down and into the bottom of the the can, freeing her hands now. Though she seemed to appreciate that Sharaku was every bit as laid-back as she thought, not really finding joy in pissing people off... "Well, it seems you really are a gentlemen..." Giggling with joy at this fact, Rita looked back at the books she was planning on buying, not really paying attention to Sharaku aside from his comment on the books. "Well, I promise they'll be worth it, if that says anything..." Still looking at her books, the price tag on each read the same, twenty-five dollars... Squinting a bit, Rita worried about whether these would be worth it and if her brother would be able to raise her allowance... "Damn... they're not expensive alone but fifty dollars out of the... one hundred I have left this month... it's a bit much, see?" Replying to his comment, Rita looked at Sharaku with a little downcast smile, trying not to worry him at all... "I wonder if I'll be able to get more money if I full-time my job whenever I leave school..." Thinking a bit about the future, Rita knew that she could make more on her job if she dropped out of school and simply worked there... but her dreams lied elsewhere and for them, she needed school... glad that Sharaku was sitting down by her and drinking the milk like she asked, Rita gave another giggle when she heard him say the word "sweet". "Ehehe, is it too sweet for you? Or are you saying I'M sweet for giving that to you?" Nevertheless, it was just a joke, one that she wanted to make with the purpose of lighting up the mood... looking up at the ceiling, Rita squinted a bit at the light that shone above her and put her hand over her face to block it, still looking up while waiting for Sharaku to talk himself...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Jerk? Well, that was a new one. Not that Sharaku really minded right now. As long as she didn't get mad seriously, he could care less as to whatever she'd call him. In actuality, it was slightly amusing to see some creativity. ''Am I?'', he would smile thinly, not really taking her comment to heart. Afterall his own words that had caused the reaction weren't truly serious, that is. No concern for him, even if Rita had meant her words for real. When she got all surprised by his statement, he would offer her a wry smile. ''You'd be bold to push your luck. Though, it is somewhat admirable you have the guts to think fo pressing on after hearing that.'' He would tilt his head to the side in slight amusement. She was interesting, really. Though, she probably had it good, not being a wimp. ''How about this. Keep your eyes open, and you might find out one day. That is, if we do meet again after this.'', he would offer a rather simple solution to the current problem. Afterall it was the truth. While he wouldn't dream of telling her anything right now, who knew how things would progress in the future. With the current happenings around Azores, there was always a possibility she would get an actual chance to snoop around. He wasn't going to scratch that out, even if he wasn't really that enthusiastic to actually tell too many people. At the very least, not completely everything.

He would proceed to watch her throw the milkbox, turning back to her at the gentleman comment. ''Always.'', he would remark in an amused tone. Translation : Whenever it suited him. But that was a secondary fact. ''Fair. It isn't as if I'll know until I attempt to read.'' He had no idea when that would be, but it wasn't like the books would run if he took a while to get to it. Then he would see whether it was worth his time. Though, he was not too choosy, so he doubted he'd end up throwing them at the wall after a few pages. When she told him the prices, he would squint a bit, thinking about something. Most likely doing math in his head. ''That's pretty much half of what you have. You want those books that much, eh?'', he would chuckle a bit. Well, he personally couldn't associate with that much, but it was probably nice that she had some hobby like that.

Rita singlehandedly interrupted his muttering, and he would look up at her, contemplating what to say. ''Well, you are sweet sure, as long as that is what you want.'', he would say, almost a little sheepishly, before shaking his head a bit. ''But...it's just, that I'm not used to sweets. That's about it. If I don't count one occassion when I was talked into it, I haven't had any for...several years I believe.'', he would shrug afterwards, as if it wasn't really that big of a deal. At least he wasn't obsessed with them like some kids nowadays use to be. ''Anyway, I have an idea.'', he would give her a side glance, as he shook the box with the milk thoughfully. ''I can help you pay for those books, since you gave me this for free.'', he would smile a little. ''That way, you won't have to worry about your money. How about it?'' Of course, as usual, he had to try to make good on the fact that he didn't like people giving him stuff for free. No matter what, he would always do his best to pay back somehow, and she gave him a splendid opportunity to do just that. If she accepted that is. Though, he wasn't about to give up easily.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Relaxing a bit, Rita took out orange bubble gum from her bag, plopping one into her mouth, being careful not to chew it noisily... contemplating the situation, Rita simply shook her head when Sharaku asked her if he was a jerk, making sure he knew that she was simply kidding... Grinning, Rita listened more intently to his words, finding that it'd be wise to do so... "Ehehe, I'M bold? Look who's talking, good sir!" Chuckling a bit, Rita nodded at his follow-up, thinking to herself that she really was a bit reckless at all times, no? "Well, I dunno about that but I can be pretty reckless if it comes to it... and I'm not shocked easily, really so whatever you'd say, I doubt it'd freak me out unless it was something completely unnatural..." Leaning back a bit on the couch, Rita eyed her books again, considering once more the price and her balance before looking back at Sharaku for his reply on her calling him a gentleman, replying only with a simple giggle and nod before going back to thought, her jaws moving up and down slowly while she chewed her orange-flavored gum... though the books she had recommended him were good, she had no idea what he liked, though he said he had no preference... so what he said after prompted Rita to nod and reply. "Really, if you like fantasy at all, you'll love these books, guaranteed." Though the fourth book was a complete mystery to her as she hadn't read it yet... though it didn't matter, this was an easy book to find since it was still relatively new... and once again, the issue with money came up and Rita sighed for it. "Well, it's complicated... I find a link to these books... like a supernatural force tying their contents to myself, you know?" Shaking her head, Rita realized how ridiculous this must have sounded... though that was exactly what she felt... dispelling this thought out of her mind, Rita stood up and stretched, only to sit back down in surprise at Sharaku's words, feeling her cheeks blush a bit again... "A-ah, I'm sweet? Really?!" Smiling a bit, Rita really did feel glad he called her that, she wasn't really used to being called sweet by someone... though she looked a bit disappointed and then surprised when he talked about not eating sweets in a long time and not being used to it... "W-wait, really?! Good sir, you've been missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures, feeling the sweetness of something against your mouth!" Sitting up, Rita pointed Sharaku her finger as if lecturing him, giving him a playful smile and turning back around and dropping to the seat, making it clear she was just kidding, she couldn't force her own pleasures onto others, right? Though the next suggestion by Sharaku took her by surprise. "W-wait, you mean that, for that little packet of milk, you'll actually buy me fifty bucks worth of books?!" Completely and utterly flabbergasted, Rita sat up and looked him straight in the eyes. "You know that box of milk's just, like... two or three dollars, right?" Trying too see if the man was actually going through with it, Rita couldn't deny this would help out her finances very much so... though she couldn't take something so expensive just for milk! Contemplating whether to accept, Rita picked up her books and headed to the desk, stopping midway to look at Sharaku to see if he was coming.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:45 pm

''I'm talking, yes.'' Sharaku would comment matter of factly, when she called him out on the bold part. He had a good idea what was Rita getting at there, but he felt like being off hand on that. It was up to her as to what she thought about him anyway. ''Well, as long as you don't overdo it.'' Being reckless could be a double edged sword after all. ''Unnatural, eh? And if it is?'', he would throw back at her with a small grin. He was pretty much just scoping out how she'd react without telling her anything specific. Hey, it was good to know just in case. And it didn't hurt to do a little poking when he could. She was sort of encouraging that anyway.

''Fantasy can be overrated at times, but I think it'll work.''
, he would wave the book discussion away with that. There wasn't much else to add on the subject. ''Supernatural?'', he would raise an eyebrow at her briefly. ''Do you think it would be a good idea to mess with that?'', he would ask, a faintly amused smile playing on his lips. Not that he believed a book would give her anything on that, but she shouldn't try to wish for those things. They only bring trouble after all. Lots of it. Though she did seem to have the guts to handle such. Heh, who knew. ''Why not? Or should I call you bitter?'', he would ask jokingly, when she flustered up about the sweet comment. Honestly, he could go either way. It wasn't like there was an actual definition of what it meant to be sweet, no?

When she suddenly gave him the mini lecture about sweets, he stared at her for quite a while, rather dumbfounded. ''Eh...?'' That was a bit too out of blue. ''I...well. Maybe. It's just...Nh, nevermind.'', he would shake his head slightly. ''It's a bit complicated, I guess. I do not have anything against sweets though.'', he would shrug lightly. No big deal. Supposedly, at least. Thankfully, the pay topic took his thoughts from that. ''Is there a problem with that?'', he would say almost innocently, wearing a slight grin. But really, he didn't care about the price differences at all. ''If it worries you, it's not really any trouble for me. Unless you'd want to buy the whole bookstore. Now that I would have to reconsider.'', he would add afterwards, poking her a little with his words. She was lucky that he didn't really hold onto money much...so he didn't mind doing this at all. It wasn't like he was going to miss that little bit. That said, he would follow the younger female...after picking up his stuff of course.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Looking a bit surprised at Sharaku's answer her own joke, Rita gave him another slight giggle to end this talk as well, solving it for now... though her recklessness was an important point too, apparently... "Well, if protecting people when they're in danger overdoing it, then I'll overdo it whenever I want!" Puffing out her chest, Sharaku could now see... it was flat... something Rita didn't care and it was just something he could clearly see now, if he couldn't before... whether he did anything with the knowledge was up to him... "Unnatural". That seemed to be a pretty important point for him right now... though Rita waved her head and dismissed it with a quick reply. "Really now, I won't pry so you don't have to tease me about it..." Giggling a bit as she said this, Rita would then proceed on, marking this matter closed... "Always depends on the book and author, no? I promise this'll be a great series." She didn't even know how much she promised the same thing any more... though her senses kept being drawn to the books, prompting her to look a bit surprised as Sharaku's comment came right on time. "Well, it's just something I feel... nothing really important..." Scratching her head, Rita shook it from side to side, not knowing how to answer Sharaku's follow-up question at all... and now on to the next topic... a blush came back to her as Sharaku teased her a bit more... but aside from that, she'd say nothing more on the matter, as if no answer came to her mind today... Looking as Sharaku stood there now a bit... flabbergasted, she'd find, at her lecture, Rita would maintain a low-sounding laugh, having seen the man behind the desk glaring at her a few times already... "I can understand that, don't worry.. it really was just a joke, you know?" Giving him a hearty smile, Rita moved to the desk and continued their talk there, hoping Sharaku was following her as well. "Well... I'm not a fan of taking free stuff from people... even if it's juts in exchange for a packet of milk... so... I dunno." Shrugging, Rita'd place her books on the middle of the table, making it so they could go either way, Sharaku's or her funds. "Honestly, I can't tell you what to do with your money... So you decide now..." Feeling her cheeks fire up once again, Rita left the books there and waited for Sharaku, calculating that the total amount for every book here would be one hundred and seventy-five dollars... not cheap at all, and, in fact, too much for Rita to be able to afford and live... though thankfully, only two of the stack of six books were for her, which, while payable, set her back a bit on expenses...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 am

Well, wasn't she a brave one? ''And in case you do overdo it and get in trouble, who will protect you?'', he would ask in return, watching her curiously. Was she not afraid of her own wellbeing? After all it was natural for people to look after themselves first and only then everyone else. In theory, Sharaku could understand being selfless for others, but applying it to reality was a different matter. Then again, maybe it was just that he was a bit too skeptical about humanity in the first place. As for the less important matters, he didn't seem to be interested in contemplating anything regarding her looks. ''If you say so.'', he would state simply, when she told him to stop teasing her about the matter. He didn't have to, he just liked messing around with people when he had the chance.

She didn't seem as bent on responding anymore, but he'd guess most of the points were moot by now pretty much. ''You have a strange way with jokes, that's for sure.'', he would comment casually, though not in a bad way. She just kind of startled him with her exclamation back then. Not something you expect in a bookstore. ''I think that's two of us then. I usually don't take things for free either.'', he would state, in slight amusement. ''Either way, I insist. What kind of a gentleman would I be to interrupt you, take free food and do nothing in return, hm?'' It didn't seem he was willing to give up either way. ''Ahem, how much is it anyway?'', he would ask her afterwards, setting hsi own books down, and glancing towards her. He apperently still hadn't checked all the prices, figuring that she would have counted. Hopefully. He didn't enjoy math too much.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 am

A smile curling up her lips, Rita knew just what to say to Sharaku's comment about her recklessness. "You think I can't defend myself, Sharaku?" Putting up a haughty pose, Rita placed on hand over her hip and smirked. "I'm a trained swordswoman, you know? Give me a broom and I'll kick anyone's ass." Speaking fully seriously, Rita looked at Sharaku with determined eyes, as if saying that she needed no-one to defend her... though she broke the pose right after, not liking it as much as being expressionless. Nodding to Sharaku's comment, the point was very moot now with Sharaku agreeing with her, so Rita said nothing more of it... "Heh, I have a funny sense of humor... get it?" Giggling at her own joke, Rita looked again at the prices of the books while Sharaku was talking... the number 175 was dancing in her mind, that's how much she would have Sharaku pay for both her books and books she recommended to him... Giggling at how similar they actually were, Rita simply nodded, agreeing with it... and then laughing aloud slightly when he said his other piece. "My, you really are a gentleman after all... fine, fine, I accept your offer... though next time, you must allow me to treat you!" She meant almost nothing with the expression "treat you", simply saying she'd maybe cook him a meal or take him out to dinner in return... not really as a date, seeing as Rita had no interest in men at all, despite having a different kind of interest in Sharaku, one not of romantic nature, though... "Ah, ummm... all the books here are normally twenty-five... but that last one is double... fifty... we have six books here... pretty much the price of seven..." She had calculated it just a bit ago but she felt like goofing off and show Sharaku her... simple math skills, she guessed. "Then seven times twenty-five... is... one hundred and seventy-five..." Looking at Sharaku with a sheepish smile, Rita felt that drop of cold sweat roll down her face... "Ermm... I know the titles of that whole collection so you don't have to buy them all now..." Trying to justify herself, Rita just laughed awkwardly, knowing she really had nothing to say in her defense but a simple "Sorry..." muttered just loud enough for Sharaku to hear...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Heh, she had quite the act. Though, swordfighting with a broom? That sounded a little farfetched. Would she really do that? ''I never said you couldn't. Life is not always fair though.'', he would say, with a slight smirk. ''Speaking of fighting, I'd challenge you to that, but I don't want to make too much mess.'', he would remark somewhat playfully. Sharaku didn't neccessarily consider himself a fighter, but after all this supernatural kicking in, he'd say he wasn't that bad at it. Though, fact was, she probably wouldn't have a chance if he decided to cheat and use special powers, no matter what kind of broom she'd have on her. ''Of course, miss obvious.'', he would quip lightly at her humor comment. Funny sense of humor, yeah. It is supposed to be funny in the first place, no? That was the point.

''I'll consider it.'', he would respond with a thin smile, when she requested that she pay for something next time. Though, it amused him quite a bit that she was already assuming that they were to hang out sometime in the future. Not that he minded, but it was still a funny thought. He would remain silent as she did her calculations aloud, simply listening to keep track of the numbers. Oh, he wasn't bad at math, not at all, but he better be sure, since he wasn't doing the counting himself right now. 175 then....Eh, fine. She seemed to think it was a lot though. At least that's how it seemed. ''Hey, don't be down about it. I already said it's fine. If it makes you feel better, I actually thought it was going to be more than that. No need to apologize. After all, it doesn't pose a problem for me.'', he would explain smoothly, giving her a pleasant smile. Really, she should stop worrying about anything related to him and money. There was really no point in that one. That said, he would go ahead to finally pay for those books, though still listening if she had something to say. Thankfully, he had enough in actuall cash with him at the moment. He wouldn't have wanted to spend time checking whether they took credit cards. Either way, it wouldn't take too long, and she was free to take her books afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Still smirking a bit from before, Rita still kept up her attitude as she wasn't about to put herself down when it came to her skill with a blade! "Well, just give me something like a pipe or a stick and I'll get to it, life is conquerable anyway!" Though she spoke quite haughtily, Rita herself wasn't sure of what she said... life had been nothing but cruel to her so far and only recently she managed to luck out and get some friends... "Wait, you fighting me? You can fight, Sharaku? Ehehe, then maybe I'll have to use an actual sword against someone for once..." Though she had no idea what his fighting skills were, Rita could sense something about him that just made him seem... strong... very strong, in fact... she actually noticed she shivered a bit because of that feeling... as if this man was something much more powerful than she was... though her mind deviated from it and Rita giggled at Sharaku's comment on her sense of humor. "Pretty sure that was on purpose, actually..." Still with a smile on her face, she nodded, thinking no more of the money incident if she could at least pay him back somehow later... "Fine, fine... I can see that I won't be able to stop you from doing it so I won't try..." Though Rita thought about the other book she wanted as well... that'd have to come out of her own funds, though... Picking her books up after Sharaku finished paying the stoic-looking man behind the counter, Rita bowed deeply to him, exiting the store now with Sharaku, who she assumed was following her with his own books. "Well, it's getting late now... I guess we spent quite a bit of time in there, didn't we? Ehehe..." Giggling, Rita pulled out her cellphone, flipping it up. "Does your phone have bluetooth? If so, register me so we can meet up later on!" With a smile, Rita set everything up on her end, though she'd give Sharaku her number if he didn't have bluetooth on his phone, instead opting for asking him to give her a call so she could register his number as well... nevertheless, Rita stood and waited for Sharaku's reactions to all she said, noticing a hint of rain coming over to Penecia in the horizon...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Life being conquerable. That was one way of being optimistic, if nothing else. Sharaku wouldn't say life would keel over under the force of a pipe or a stick. But, nice try. Though, he wouldn't say anything towards this, only inclining his head to the side lightly, apparently not interested in getting into a more heated discussion on that subject. If she wanted to believe that everything could be knocked away with a stick, so be it. He wasn't going to attempt to argue with her on that point. At least she thought she had a chance against anything, if nothing else. Positive thinking was supposed to be....good, right? ''How scary. Maybe I'd like to see one day. And yes, I'd say I can fight.'', he would conclude, shifting his gaze a little meanwhile, apparently not really worried about her possibly using a real sword. Well, he wasn't planning on letting himself get cut up in any case.

''Pretty sure I'm aware of that.''
, he would throw back at her, in a laid-back tone, when she made sure to point out the fact that her little joke was on purpose. Which was pretty much why he said what he said before. Because it was moreso obvious that she said it that way for a reason. Why else would she have? When she finally decided that she was done resisting in any way or form, he gave her a smooth smile. She was right that he wasn't going to be able to stop him. Unless she actually went ahead and got violent about it, in whcih case, it wouldn't really be worth his time to press on it. Following after her when the paying was done and over with, he would gaze at the sky thoughtfully. ''Perhaps so...'', he would mutter, when she called on the fact that they've spent quite the amount of time inside. After all, it didn't truly matter to him. It wasn't like he had anything to attend to, or even planning anything specific to do. Maybe it was a good thing, actually. At least there was less of the day left to spend doing pretty much nothing.

He would look back at her swiftly though, when she suddenly changed the topic, inquiring about cellphones. ''I think so.'' That was just about it. He honestly never really bothered with functions and all too much. Still, it wasn't like he was using some old piece of crap, so his guess was accurate enough anyway. ''Already planning on meeting up later on? I didn't know you liked me that much.'', he would make a snide comment to poke at her a little, while they were in the middle of the whole exchange contact thingy. Though, it was only just that. ''Either way, I suppose I'll see you around eventually. I should be going anyway. It was a pleasure meeting you, Rita.'', he would say his farewells, when they were just about done ith everything, before walking off somwhere into the streets of Penecia...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]   Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Books? Psychology? Wait, who are you? [Rita and Sharaku]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next