Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) Empty
PostSubject: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Therapy was over, and so Tomoe Kyokudou found herself trying to spend some time in the mall. Maybe she would go to the bookstore and see what they had. Though she hadn’t actually made her way to said store. In fact she was sitting in a bench near the entrance, people watching to pass the time and thinking about what her and her therapist covered. She reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a small pink pill, the size of a tic tac and put it into her mouth. She had to swirl it around in her mouth with her tongue because she lacked a drink on hand. She figured she could probably get it down without it. After swallowing it though, she got the sensation that it was lodged in her throat despite the small size of the pill. “Bugh…” she let out, swallowing several times in a feeble attempt to get the uncomfortable feeling of obstruction out of her throat to no avail. She patted her chest a couple times, before looking around the bustling mall. The people here were blocking the view around the entrances of stores, and were being a bit loud at that. She was lucky to be in a bench near the entrance, as there was a hallway that led to the restrooms, and right outside a water fountain that she for some reason did not notice when she first came in.

Her relief should have been washing over her, but the chemicals in her brain did not seem to want to celebrate, and were all very angry with Tomoe. She lifted her hands high up into the air before slamming down on her thighs a few times, causing pain to herself. A few mall-goers did turn to look, but Tomoe wasn’t exactly interested in it. She stepped up from her bench and took a deep breath, like her therapist suggested. Her disorder may never heal, but she figured that it’d either work out for her in the end, or she would find some way to deal with it. She took large strides as she moved to the water fountain, drinking heavily from it until the feeling eventually subsided from her. She almost reached into her coat pocket to grab an ibuprofen, but she put her hand back on the fountain, taking a few sips before stepping reluctantly from the fountain of relief. The side effects of pills can be headaches, which weren’t often, but she was instructed to take them only when necessary, and in exchange, she put on sunglasses to keep the light from aggravating her eyes and head. She reached to her neck to adjust her red tie, and lowered her hand to her left thigh to adjust her tights and started to walk slowly down the left side of the hallway, staying near the wall by the entrances as she made her way to the bookstore.

A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) Tumblr_mxtp6lAxct1r3rdh2o1_500

It would be a few minutes, but Tomoe would find the entrance, and walked in slowly to look around the entrance at the many hallways that contained piles of literature from pretty much any subject or niche. Maybe she could buy a book on Roman history or law or something to that effect. She was rather fond of that subject. She took a moment to remove her sunglasses that she was still wearing inside for some reason and put them away, and then paused to take in the air of the store before trying to look around to find the section. She didn’t want to make a mistake and raise her voice in this place by mistake. She sure thought redundantly sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 am

"Come one, come all to the grand re-opening of the Yoro Carnival! The Festival of Peace is right around the corner, don't you want to find your soul mate in the tunnel of love?" A man seemingly dressed as a weird black circus clown was passing out fliers through the crowds of the mall. Last year the Carnival located in Yoro had been quarantined and shut down thanks to the strange red zones that were popping up around the region. People were hesitant to return there, even though there hadn't been such incident in more than a year. That weird occurrence was finally over and peace returned. They even had a Festival of Peace ready for the anniversary of the end of the case that rocked the homes of Ueitawa.

Joka felt this was the perfect time for things to return to normal, and a Carnival would surely push that notion wouldn't it? But for some reason, people were being put off. Maybe by his appearance? This was troubling. The man took a sigh and made his way into the nearest store to take a break. Of course, it would would a bookstore, meaning he had plenty of places to sit and rest for the time. Putting his fliers on a table, he take a seat and order a coffee from one of the bartistas working the counter.

A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) 30bzcm1

"A troubled beginning for a troubled day..."
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:30 am

It wouldn’t be hard for Tomoe to notice the colorful man walk into the bookstore as well as hear his advertising for the carnival in Yoro. Tomoe tilted her head the sight of the man. He was very much dedicated to his job the way he dressed up the way he did in a normal mall. She did remember when those weird red zones started popping up in Yoro, Nokawia and Nadashiki. She was worried at the time, and even threw fits around from all the stress, but it all seemed to stop, so that was something. Tomoe did feel a bit bad for him. For him to be so far away from his territory advertising was it because no one was showing up? Maybe she should take a pill before going over there to the counter, but instead she found herself walking to the table where the fliers were and grabbing a couple, giving the face that only a child could give at the sight of the carnival. She could not recall the last time she went to an amusement park or even if she went to one. Her throat started to choke up and water started to fill her eyes for a brief moment, but she rubbed them quickly with her coated arm and sobered up. She had to try and control herself, like she learned today.

She then reached out her hand to grab Joka’s hand to give him an enthusiastic shake, not really bothering to offer one and instead taking one. Her other hand would be placed on his wrist gently if Joka did not pull away from the shake. This was not her acting up, she actually did not have much of a knowledge of personal space. She was always this touchy kind of person, even from day zero. She was actually pretty calm, and keeping a friendly smile on her face. "Hey there, I like your clothing alot," she greeted. Some of the most eccentric people brought the best conversation, or maybe he was a serious guy overall. She at least respected that he was this dedicated to his job; reminding her of how much she wanted to be dedicated to her future profession. She almost got jealous, but she truly was fine. The medicine may have been working, or maybe it was a placebo. But whichever, it wasn’t on the mind of Tomoe. “Thanks for the flier. I haven’t been to a carnival I don’t think in forever! You’re doing alright right?” Assuming Joka's hand was not pulled from her, it would still be in her hands after the shake.

Traits:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:01 am

It would be an understatement to say Joka was not expecting someone to be so spontaneous and become so touchy feely without properly introducing themselves. And the open weeping caught him off guard aswell. His eyes were open wide and rounded as he looked at the others in the bookstore who was surely looking back in confusion. This was making a scene, but it wasn't like he wasn't used to being in the center of such scenes. The man would clasp the woman's hands back while closing his eyes. "A kindred soul who enjoys the wonders of a Carnival! You are indeed a rare breed, my fair maiden!" Joka bowed his head repeatedly. "The Yoro Carnival has had its ups and downs, but it's as up as ever now. I myself, Joka, can prove this to you, ma'am! The people here are very hesitant to come, but I'm sure if they see a lovely lady like you at the carnival, they'll flock like sheep!" The man released his hands and ran it through his hair with a wide grin. "I have a proposition for you, young lady. How would you like to assist me in gathering supporters for the carnival? A few fliers passed here and there. A few tricks performed to gather interest. It'll be great! I'll even pay you for your efforts, my dear." The oddly dressed man stood from his seat and place a hand gently upon his chest.

Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Good thing her intrusion into his bubble didn’t scare him or bother him. The last thing she wanted was to scare him off, but no, he seemed rather happy to see her. That was good. Though as the few people around her looked, Tomoe could not help but feel a little embarrassed. This man was probably used to this kind of thing, and Tomoe was to some extent in her younger years and school. Some of the students would treat her like a sort of exhibit when they would learn about her illness.  She wasn’t sure if that was a bad thing or not because right around the time she noticed, Joka had called her a fair maiden. The compliment only made it better, and made her turn a slight shade of pink. She didn’t get compliments from friends or people like that unless it was obligated. A stranger who just called her “lovely” got some extra points. Tomoe returned the smile to him when he stood up, his flamboyant outfit really showing off in the room. Tomoe felt so much younger in his presence even after remembering what she came in for, but the more she thought, the more she thought what she wanted could wait for the day. She smiled and nodded. “I’m Tomoe. But I can help, can’t let you go do this alone with so many people. I don’t know what tricks I can do….but…..Oh,” she said. She poked her chin for a moment in thought, before snapping her fingers. “One moment.”

She moved to grab a few more fliers and held up a finger in a waiting gesture before going out to a couple of the onlookers of the two. Handing out a few to them, she would give a large smile. “Come to the Yoro Carnival as soon as you can! It’s finally back, peaceful, and a perfect visit for any kind of visitor. You will get your day’s worth of fun and happiness, and no one will be left behind!” she said, holding out the fliers to the couple of people. They did seem to take it, albeit a bit confused by her presence, but apparently swayed a bit by her words. Being a good speaker was one of her strong points, so running around and convincing a few people to stop by would not be too troubling. She gave a friendly wave and walked back to Joka. “Did that help at all? Maybe if you had any ideas we can use them together. I have plenty of time before dinner, so if you need me, I’m here.” Tomoe brushed some hair out of her face in awaiting of his response.

Traits:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Joka pinched his chin and gave a few well thought nods towards the younger female's way with words. She would surely rake in the crowd with that charisma. Perhaps there was even a place for her in the carnival if she wished to join in on the acts. Though he may have been overstepping boundaries going that far, no? "Tomoe, hmm? An interesting name, I'm surprised this is the first time we've met, my dear. Have you always lived here in Ueitawa?" The man was truly curious. Ueitawa was a big place, so of course he hadn't met everyone in the entire region, but working at a carnival usually introduced you to the lot of the populace. She seemed quite interested in the Carnival, so why didn't she come out before? Perhaps this was a sign from God? A shining example of what he needed to do to revive the Carnival to its full splendor! "Tomoe, how would you like a job? I promise to give you an ample sum for your hard work. You should certainly think about it! And you'll have a front row seat to our acts aswell." The oddly dressed man gave a wink before bowing forward with a smile. "What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Tomoe tapped her cheek a bit when he asked his question. She actually could not recall coming to the Yoro Carnival, even when she moved here. Maybe when she was really young, but if so, that memory was long gone from her head. Maybe she really did go, but it’s not like Joma would’ve remembered her face as young as hers was right? “I’ve been here since I was twelve. I don’t really remember stopping by the carnival though, though now maybe I should,” she said, with a small chuckle. This man had a way with words. She wondered how long he was in this business, but decided not to ask at the moment. What really interested her was the job he offered to join the carnival act. Maybe it was just in the moment, but she was a bit tempted to take on the offer…actually, quite tempted. Fumbling and twirling her fingers, she pulled out her phone long enough to check the time and see that it wasn’t time to take another pill yet. “I’d uh……Hm…” she felt a bit heated inside, like she was angry she did not get this offer earlier after she took the internship at Shiba Hospital. She enjoyed her medicine and wanted to study it to some degree. It didn’t seem fair to just leave it now, and at the same time this job sounded like so much fun! This bothered her a bit. She took a fist and lightly patted her right wrist a few times, not obviously enough to cause a scene, and really only Joka would notice. She would’ve hit harder, but she was trying to control herself. She didn’t want to act out again like earlier.

“I am at another job, but I can always check out the carnival myself or with you and see if it works. Unless you mean to just pass fliers around? I can do that,” she said, almost panicky and trying to find a way to fit this kind of job, her internship and her classes into her life. She would love this kind of thing. She could put something she was good at to use and maybe her parents wouldn’t be so upset. She waited to see if Joka had a way to reconcile this anxiety that Tomoe was developing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:43 am

It didn't take much for Joka to tell the female was having some trouble with this sudden offer he had put upon her lap. Was she contemplating something this much to the point where it appeared she may suffer from a panic attack? The oddly dressed man would raise a hand and pat her head in a manner to calm her down. "The offer will stand, even if you can't do it any time soon. After all, with your help today the carnival will be standing for a good amount of time. But don't worry, my offer will always stand. So relax about my proposition, sweet heart." Joka gave a soft smile as he removed his hand from her head and looked down at the fliers she had mentioned. "I was thinking maybe you'd like to be part of an act. Unless you prefer to do things, like passing out advertisements, in your free time. Though even that can get tiring for someone like me." Joka gave a slight chuckle as he placed a hand on his hip and looking back towards Tomoe with a smile. "In the meantime, you were a big help today with getting some people back to Yoro Carnival. I'm sure business will be bustling!"
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 am

Tomoe felt like a small child the way Joka put his hand over her head, not that she didn’t appreciate it. She felt a bit comfortable even with his costume making it seem like some kind of skeletal hand. She rubbed her cheek to make sure it wasn’t turning pink again. She was glad to be in control at the moment, assured that Joka was going to keep the offer open when she wanted to take it. She nodded. “I can pass fliers out in my free time. I’d have to check out the carnival to see about the acts, but I can consider it if I have the time. I’ll probably pass out a few more today if that works.” She grabbed a couple more fliers and kept them in her hand for the moment. Tomoe returned his smile with her own, glad she could help the man out. “Thanks! I'm glad to give you some business. I promise I will check out your carnival in the near future. Stay safe um…” she said. She either forgot his name or he neglected to mention it. But she shook her head, not minding the thought. “Well, nevermind. Have a good day,” she said, using her free hand to grab at Joka’s hand to shake once more before letting go. She hoped people would come back to the carnival, this man probably deserved his business back.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 am

As the young woman ran off with her fliers, Joka tilted his head and gave a few blinks. Raising his hands, he'd wave after her. "If you're ever by the carnival, ask for me by name. Just ask for Joka, you'll be sure to find me!" The man yelled over the crowded mall, not sure if his words even reached her ears. He gave a sigh and shook his while before gathering the remaining fliers and putting them in a pile. Even though she ran off, he still had work to do here. After all, getting the Carnival up and running was priority number one. And with the Festival of Peace coming up soon, things were looking up for him. He had a few more days until the Festival, so there was a chance things would be ready by then. They had to be.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 pm

She’d run out into the crowd around the store long enough to hand a few fliers, before heading back to Joka as she heard his voice. She didn’t get far when he spoke, so she heard his name, Joka. “Was there anything else you needed?” she would ask. If he had nothing, she would nod and wave once more before moving out of the store to start helping out with handing out fliers to various people. This’ll surely help for the upcoming events!
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:34 am

Needless to say, he was surprised she returned so soon. The oddly dressed man blinked a few times before shaking his head. "No darling, do not let me keep you any longer. We'll save our reunion for when we meet again at the carnival itself. So just take it easy." Joka gave a smile before giving a courteous bow to the young woman and taking his leave. Tomoe was a rather strange young woman, but she was not a bad person at any means. Infact, Joka believed it would be best to have more people as helpful as her in the world. Especially after those horrible events that took place those years ago.

Exit
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 am

Tomoe has established a Social Link with Joka of the Strength Arcana...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)   A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Moment of 'Peace' (Open to Three)
Page 1 of 1