Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Genji let out a defeated sigh as Naito became more aggravated with him, even though it was during a battle, he couldn't help but to feel terrible about it and try to fix this. He couldn't let this keep going, it wouldn't be good for a fight to have a guilty conscious, nor would it be good to fight aggravated. He didn't know what he did, but he wanted to apologize for it anyway. He could at least apologize for taking away from the fight.

"I'm sorry Naito, I didn't know that what I said would aggravate you all, I just don't want you guys seeing me as a burden, I want to make sure I can help you all, I also thought that I could make us feel better during the dung-"

The odd hand then cast his ice spell on everyone, Genji cringed in pain as he felt his body freeze up a little bit, but he didn't feel as much pain as the others, it hurt a little less than he thought. He let out a pained grunt, then continued, Damn... Dungeon, you definitely have a much better attitude and personality for this stuff, sorry, I don't want to hold you guys back, but I kind of did."

Genji didn't like how he was doing this, he was wasting time during the battle, it was definitely something that he didn't want to do. He then looked at his enemies, he was going to use his Persona for the first time. He knew the commands, what his persona could already do, he focused on the flying shadow that was making its allies faster. It was a good target for Genji.

He saw the tarot card materialize in front of him. He took his lance and stabbed at the card, shouting, "Protect me, Belial!" He felt some of his energy slipping away as he summoned his Persona, Belial materialized from his heart and stabbed at the Eagle twice, using his Double Fang skill, hopefully hurting the shadow enough to hopefully do some damage to it.

Genji's Stats and Actions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 pm

The moment the Dancing Hands were hit with the blast of fire, they were flipped back onto their palms and struggling against the floor. Obviously they were hit hard by the fire assault, so when the rest of the attacks came they couldn't particularly dodge out the way. Now they would need to use this time to attempt to recover their footing. On the other hand, the Venus Eagle would survive the attacks directed at it, and would respond with a maneuver of its own. Extending its wings with a shriek, each enemy would be hit by a low burst of Garu. With its companions down for the moment, the Venus Eagle was the only active enemy ready to attack. Still being in the way of the Persona-users, it cut them off from running back to the entrance of Limbo. The World itself began to write messages upon the walls once again, and they all had one thing in common. They all involved wanting the three Persona-users to bend over and die where they stood. Apparently whatever was behind the Golden Door, Limbo didn't want them to have. Even if they somehow got pass the minor guardians, there would be one final one awaiting them towards the end of the dungeon. If they couldn't handle the cannon fodder, there was literally no way they'd be able to handle the final guardian that watched over the first clue.

Dancing Hand 1:

Dancing Hand 2:

Venus Eagle:

Last edited by Philemon on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Ejji could not help but feel a sense of power and pride when the hand-things fell down, taking the hits from his fire attack. It seemed that those things were weak to this particular element and this was surely good news. No hand-monster was going to beat Ejji down if he had anything to say about it.

While the incapacitation of the hands was a good thing, the Venus Eagle seemed to take all the techniques thrown at it and persist. The shadow then used a wind attack, and the tables were turned once again. It seemed that this battle would prove to be more difficult than Ejji had first thought.
As soon as the attack reached him, Ejji could not help but fall down, barely managing to slam the point of his Okatana's sheath into the ground, so that he would now be kneeling with one knee on the ground, trying to regain his footing and to stabilize his breathing.

Everything went dizzy for a second, but Ejji could see, turning his head, that Genji would still be standing. He focused on the young man's blurry figure. "Genji..." Ejji rasped somewhat. "That bird - kill it. Obliterate it!"

He had to get back on his feet, praising whatever gods that his earlier attack had incapacitated two of their attackers.

Ejji's Stats and Actions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Genji cursed to himself as the wind blasted into his body. He didn't feel as much damage as he thought he should from this attack, either. It was odd to him, maybe it was a power of his Persona, he didn't know. All he knew was, this getting hit stuff still hurt.

He cursed again as his friends were hit my the wind attack, they fell over, but had to get up. He knew that he had to act to try and get rid of this bird, apparently Naito and Ejji didn't have a resistance to wind, but he had to do something.

He focused on his Persona and again summoned Belial. He felt the energy remove itself from his body as he again used a physical Persona. He shouted, "Please help us Belial, I'm counting on you!" He needed to be able to take out this bird, or else something worse could happen, if he could take care of this bird soon, then he could help the others and get out of here.

Genji's Stats:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Finally, the dancing hands would reclaim their lost footing from before and rejoin the battle. Shuffling back and forth, the first hand would snap its fingers and cast mabufa to cause a small amount of ice damage to each enemy on the battlefield. The second dancing hand would follow suit and cast the same spell, dealing another AoE small amount of ice damage to the enemies. Once their attacks were complete, the hands continued to dance back and forth. The Venus Eagle would be hit by the only standing attacker's attack, but would endure it aswell. However, its health was getting lower and lower at this point. Spreading its wings, it would cast a second wave of magaru to all the enemies. With the group still being surrounded, they wouldn't be able to flee from the battle as of yet. The world of Limbo seemed quite amused at the lack of strength the Persona-users had. What appeared to be a sort of laughter could be heard echoing through the cylinder cave.

Dancing Hand 1:

Dancing Hand 2:

Venus Eagle:
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Ejji was once again blasted with a barrage of attacks, but this time he managed to not only get up, but also remain standing. He was hurt and pretty badly at that, so some healing was definitely the right thing for him. However, he had a few options as to ho he could go about doing it. He could do it himself, or let others heal him. Remembering Genji's earlier words, Ejji made a quick decision.

At times like this Ejji was really thankful to his quick mind, seeing as how it helped him come up with a good strategy on the run. Just like now. His eyes quickly darted from his allies to his enemies, thinking up the best way to defeat their foe. He was quick to voice his plans to the others.

"I require immediate assistance - Genji, heal me." Ejji said, turning to Naito next. "You can take out the acursed bird with a single attack, along with the other enemies."

Ejji then turned towards the dancing hands, a card appearing before him. "I shall deal with these nuisances." with a quick gripping motion, Ejji shattered the card, willing Amatsu-Yarikami into existence before him. "Persona! Burn them to ash." The Persona responded, slamming the spear into the ground and sending the Maragi fire attack towards all their foes. Afterwards, it vanished and Ejji once again slammed the tip of the Okatana into the ground, helping himself stand.
He hoped everything would go well.

Ejji's Stats and Actions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 am

The barrage of ice and wind left Genji to only cry out in pain, this was the most pain that he's been in this whole time. He looked down at himself, surely to be bleeding, but he realized that he wasn't. It confused him, he went through a lot of pain, but didn't bleed. He wondered if this was a strange effect of Personas or Limbo. But there was no time to focus on his pain, he had to keep going, or else anything could happen.

Genji felt exhilarated as his team members pounded the shadows with their Personas. Genji looked around to see the condition of the others, it was hard to tell who was hurt the most, since no one actually bled out, but Ejji looked to be in the most pain. Naito wasn't too far off, but either he was holding his pain in, or he simply wasn't hurt that terribly. Genji needed to heal his friend Ejji before it got to be too much for him to bear.

Genji gathered the will from inside of him. This time, he didn't feel drained from the move, which was odd to him, he hasn't had a time where he summoned him Persona to not feel that odd sensation from happening. He shouted into the air, "Heal him Belial!" The card materialized in front of him, only to be stabbed and broken by Genji's lance. He saw energy from Belial gather and a glowing healing burst of energy form around Ejji from a short distance. Diarama would serve him well here, but it will also serve him well in the future.

Genji turned to Naito, hearing his words about leaving, Genji knew it was a good idea to leave, so he told Naito, "Trust me, I don't want to stay in here any longer than you do, but I think we all need to talk once we get outside, maybe not now. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. If you wait a minute, Naito, I can heal you as well. Even if we don't fight any more shadows, I can still at least help you by sending you home feeling less crappy." Genji was worried that Naito would never want to team up with them again, that is why he is going to try to keep a loose team together. Even though Naito and Ejji were both weak to wind, it might be good to have them all be on the same side. If they couldn't keep it together, there may be no point in trying to solve this mystery anytime soon.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm

---Victory---

You're free to continue on
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:33 pm

As the Shadows fell back into the goo they had been spawned from, Ejji let out a somewhat tired breath. Even with Genji superb healing, he still had felt that the battle had taken it's toll on him. After cheking his well-being he knew that it was possible to continue forward and go through a few more battles, but the risks seemed to outweight the gains for now. No matter how important this mystery was - it did not take priority over their lives. Faced with a choice as to what to do next, Ejji had already reached the decision. His companions seemed to have similar ideas.
Ejji stood straight, taking a good look at the golden light ahead and then turned to face his friends.

"It seems we all agree. We should leave - a tactical retreat seems like the most reasonable thing to do. As we are now, it would be very hard to win the next battles. And I am sure that Limbo will throw more monsters at us to fight." Ejji thew a glance at the walls, scowling as he restrained himself from verbally insulting the realm. It was beneath him. "As adverse as I am to this - we need more unfortunate people to be thrown into Limbo, for there is greater strength in numbers. Naito and myself..." Ejji looked at the young manin question. "... are not such a good team, indeed. We seem to have the same weakness and that makes possible enemies more dangerous. We need more people, so we can split into better teams and be able to cover more ground, while eliminating more enemies on the way."

With that said Ejji would turn to Genji, making a few steps in the direction of the exit. "We, on the other hand, need to get stronger. Perhaps a few more battles with Shadows are in order. We need to get a feel of cambat with these things in order to develop better strategies and get used to being a team. For now it's going to be just the two of us, Genji, but I believe if we do not go too far into enemy territory - we can get stronger and then come back here."

The Reiguu heir would then proceed towards the crimson door through which the three student arrived into this Dungeon. He needed to get a small break, and perhaps the next day would be good for venturing into Limbo again. There were other places they needed to investigate, but he would bother with that later. On his way back Ejji would make sure not to get ahead of the others when they followed, thinking whether he had any questions for Elizabeth or not. She seemed to be the most friendly of the attendants and if the earlier words of Justine were truthful - she had spent the most time here in Limbo. Would she know what to expect in other places?
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Genji was rather discouraged at the difficulty of this battle. Limbo was not a merciful place to be, it was cruel, punishing, and brutal. It had no words such as "mercy," or "forgiveness" in its vocabulary. This was a bad place to be, but it was necessary to finding the clues in order to solve the mystery. Unfortunately more people were going to find themselves in this madness known as Limbo, but Genji didn't want that to happen. He wanted to be strong enough to stop this himself, but it wasn't going to happen. He felt a queasiness build up in his stomach when he realized that not only did he fail, but more people would have to be dragged into this for anything good to happen.

Genji also felt guilty that the battle went as terribly as it did. It only took a matter of minutes for the whole team to be in danger of being wiped out. That was scary, very scary. Genji was way too young to die. It was also too soon for them to die. What would happen to the others if they would die? Genji shook his head, he didn't want to think about it. He began to follow Ejji and Naito out of the dungeon and to home, where Genji could be in his nice, comfortable bed, not having to worry about any of this for at least a few minutes.

Genji also felt troubled by the fact that Naito refused his healing offer... Was he angry with Genji? Ejji? Himself? Genji was confused. He felt responsible for something he couldn't even control. He also realized that his relationship with Naito was becoming worse and worse as the delve into the dungeon progressed. He had to do something about that, he had to become better friends with Naito. Ejji was also someone that he should try to be better friends with as well. There were only three of them out there, so far. He couldn't live with the fact that the only three users were not the best of friends. Even though Ejji and Genji were cool with each other, they could be much better friends as well.

As Genji continued to follow the two out of Limbo, he figured that it might be a problem if they were to be ambushed, Genji concentrated as he followed, then whispered the name of his Persona. If Naito didn't want to be healed, then Genji might as well use it on himself, he had no idea what could happen. He felt the healing energy wash over his body. It was an energizing experience, it almost made him feel happy. The effect did not last too long, though; he was still exhausted and wanted to go home. He only hoped that there would be no other incidents from getting out of Limbo, but he never knew, that's why he prepared for the worst.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:21 am

Feel free to continue on
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Ejji was relieved that the group had no encountered any sort of resistance on their way out. It seemed that Limbo did not wish them to proceed, but had nothing against them leaving in one piece. That was a good thing, since an ambush at this point would be simply useless. The white-haired student finally reached the crimson door that lead out of the treacherous realm. If there was anything he wanted to ask Elizabeth - nothing came to mind right now. He just wanted this over with for the moment.
Having said everything he had wanted to say, Ejji didn't need to add much. Stopping just before the shining doors, Ejji turned to his companions.

"Genji - I shall give you call when I am rested. Expect me tomorrow." he let the Ame-no-Tsuru fade away from his hand and turned around, touching the door.

There were many things he needed to think about and some plans to make. His spirit was somewhat dampened, but not truly weakened. He would return to Limbo to battle more Shadows and grow stronger. He needed Genji to be his support for this and together they, naturally, would have a better chance at fending off the monsters inhabiting this realm together.
The small excursion had also given him some idea about how Tsurinai would handle such situations. They seemed to be a bad team, both in their weaknesses and personalities. Ejji had a hard time picturing a similar venture with Naito present, and even though the boy did not truly insult anyone and had spoken the truth... the Reiguu still felt some displeasure with how his fellow student handled himself in their company. Or perhaps Ejji was simply getting irritated due to stress.

[Attempted Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next