Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] Empty
PostSubject: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] 20080220tunnel_end

As the message stated, there would be a straight path underneath the Dysfunctional City. It stretched down to a large golden door that seemed to shine so bright it illuminated the entire pathway. Though there were no Shadows to be seen, it was safe to say Limbo would bring its loyal guardians to its side when danger arrived. However for now, Elizabeth would be standing at the entrance, near the red door that led into Limbo. In her hand was her Persona Compendium, and on the ground beside her was what appeared to be a bag. Limbo didn't seem to see her as a threat to attack. That, or no Shadows wanted to be wiped out by the strange woman in blue. No matter the reason, Elizabeth stood off to the side while humming to herself. Her golden eyes looked down the pathway that seemed to resemble a cylinder, or an old service tunnel to a city. The ground was damp and the walls were covered in grime. The only saving grace to the tunnel was the beautiful golden door that stood so defiantly towards the end. Though Limbo was an artificial world, it didn't mean it held no beauty. Elizabeth was rather new to the world, but she had a certain understanding to what was lovely and what wasn't. Having her liberty from the Velvet Room gave her a new look upon life.

Dungeon Map & Key:
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm

The red door which served as the gateway into Limbo emitted a red glow, which started to intensify, until with a flash of reddish light a single figure appeared on this side of the two realms. It was a young man named Ejji Reiguu, and he seemed to be the first to answer the call of the attendants. Coming straight from his time off the Academy, he was dressed appropriately to the situation. Covering his torso was a black jacket, with a shirt underneath which served to protect him from the cold weather. On his legs were a pair of warm dark-blue trousers, on his feet a pair of black boots and finally a pair of fingerless gloves.

As soon as Ejji arrived on the other side he summoned his Okatana to his left hand, where he would hold it for the rest of his time here. Danger and peril were sure to follow on this journey and he was ready for it. The Reiguu heir looked around, making sure that he examined his surroundings before jumping head-first into the dungeon. It seemed only he and Elizabeth he guessed, one of the attendants, were present for now. Ejji had no doubt though, that others would soon follow. Ejji had a theory that messages such as this were sent to all those people involed with the Pesona business, since Tsurinai Naito had appeared to help Genji before. He would simply wait for their arrival before venturing forth. It was the wise thing to do.

Being not without manners, and even though still suspicious of the attendants Ejji would take a few steps towards Elizabeth and give a slight bow of greetings and acknowledgement.

"Greetings, Attendant-san." he began after a second. "I'm sorry, but you must be Elizabeth, am I right? I hope all is well."

Ejji did not know if any conversation would follow, as seen with both the nice Yu and that other male attendant, but it was worth a try, at least. There was almost always time to be civil, and besides if he wanted to get to know the attendants better - he would need to speak with them, so now was as good a time as any.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Genji entered the red door as quickly as he could. He could finally be of use to his friends, after all. The red door led him into the mysterious world of Limbo. It was a place that he wasn't still very familiar with, but he didn't think that either Ejji or Naito were either. He was the last to arrive of the three of them, but he saw the two of them in the lobby, he went over to greet them and then saw another attendant. She greeted herself and called her self Elizabeth. Genji wondered about how diverse the names of the attendants were, but didn't think too much into it.

He felt his lance on his back again, but didn't notice it right away, since he was so concerned with meeting up with the others. Genji knew what was at stake with this dungeon that has opened up. If he would choose to accept it, he could learn a clue to whatever is happening in Limbo. He could not fail, so he had to be vigilant and ready to dish out some damage to his enemies, maybe even take some hits for his friends if need be.

He went to his friends and said to them, "So we are going in and apparently we get a clue to solving this case, right? We need to be very careful, then. I don't want any of us to get severely hurt or anything. Who knows what's beyond here? This seems to be safe, for now, anyway. I don't have as much experience as you guys but I have the feeling that being here is going to make me learn very quickly."

Genji couldn't lie to himself, he was nervous, but he had to be strong for the others, he couldn't let them see him as a burden, he has to learn quickly and get stronger fast so he can help them. There was no room for babysitting, this was not only a matter of their three lives, but the lives of others that may be thrown in here as well. This was no time to play around anymore.

Genji's Strengths and Weaknesses:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:51 am

When the three arrived onto the scene, Elizabeth would give them all a bow in greeting. "Hello, my name is Elizabeth. Today, I am here to inform and assist." Raising her head, the young woman would look towards the rather abrupt one that began to ask her questions right off the back. "Ah, yes. You must be the one my sister informed me of. Naito-kun, straight to the point. If that's correct, then this one must be Ejji-kun. I do not recall who this other one is." Her attention shifted over to the last to arrive as she tilted her head in slight confusion. Turning back to Naito, she would address his questions. It was her job, after all. Her purpose. With a smile she began. "A piece of the truth rests behind the door, yes. However, the whole truth is scattered amongst various dungeons such as this. In total, there are nineteen dungeons, each more sinister than the last. How exciting!" She seemed to be enthusiastic as she spoke of the circumstances.

"Oh! I have almost forgotten!" The woman in blue would kneel down to the bag she brought with her. Reaching in, she would remove three pairs of glasses. One dark blue, one silver, and one dark green in frame. "My brother William wished for me to give you these. He says as long as they are on your person, you should feel rather invigorated! Simply amazing! I wonder if I'll ever get such a pair of spectacles!..spectacles? special?..Specs?" The woman confused herself for a second before pushing past the thoughts. Standing, she would hand the blue pair to Ejji, the Silver to Naito, and the green to Genji. Once this was done, she walked back to her original position.

Items Received:

"I'll remain here to overlook your progress through the dungeon ahead. If you are concerned or need answers, simply address me and I will attempt to inform you. However, even my knowledge is limited." Once again, the woman would bow to the three who entered the dungeon.

OoC: Genji exit your other topic or this one before proceeding to post
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 am

The Velvet Room attendant Elizabeth turned out to be not at all how Ejji thought she would be. The girl seemed so much like any ordinary human, if not a little bit too enthusastic... and even cutely so. The snow-haired young man had to remind himself that she was something not of the human world though, so not to get attached or anything, as it could prove to be dangerous. Although... could a cute girl like her truly be evil? Could he really suspect her of anything? Perhaps only as a tricked follower of a skilled manipulator, but he was going to far in his conspiracy theories and it was time to return to the task at hand.
He had to supress a small blush at his name being used with such a familiar suffix at their first meeting, but seeing as she did the same for Naito - it meant she probably used those for almost everyone.

With a simple nod of thanks Ejji took the set of glasses presented to him. He began examining them, noticing with a degree of pleasure that they were his favourite color. The glasses themselves seemed to be as ordinary as any other, except for their stylish appearance. With two smooth motions Ejji flicked them "open" and put them on. As Elizabeth had said - they surely didn't feel like normal glasses... in fact Ejji never felt so invigorated in his life. It was a strange notion, and within a split second the decision was made - he would wear them in Limbo. Definitely. These belonged to him and if their color was any indication, were made specifically for him and added to his style.
He could wear them out of Limbo too, although he would not do so in public, more as a precaution against being recognized as a Persona user, if any other such people would have similar glasses.

Ejji pushed the glasses up with two fingers and raised his head a bit. "These are quite remarkable." he looked over at the golden light in the distance and then back to Elizabeth. "Please, pass my thanks to their maker."

Then Ejji would make a few steps away, adjusting the collar of his jacket, as he prepared himself for what was to come. Elizabeth would not follow, and truthfully enough she had done enough by simply giving these gifts to them - he would not press for anything. Ejji turned to his companions.

"Let us go then, if you are ready." his eyes then moved specifically to Naito, to add a bit more. "And you, Naito, since you insist on being not part of the group." Ejji decided to leave any coments he had to himself, and just left it at that. He also dismissed any worries Genji shared with them - if all they did was worry about what lies ahead no one would get anywhere. Ejji was all for taking initiative.
Ejji would move ahead with the rest when they did.

Items Obtained:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am

Genji felt embarrassed that he didn't introduce himself to the attendant earlier. He didn't know how these attendants worked, they were very strange in how they did their business, even though they all did them in different ways. Genji then introduced himself to Elizabeth, saying that he's the newest Persona user. He was very happy to meet her, too. He didn't know much about attendants, but they always do nice things for them. He didn't want to question them too much, only bad things could happen through suspicion.

When Elizabeth gave them all the glasses, Genji was quite confused as to what they were. He saw his two companions put them on and saw how they found these to be such a great invention, that it would actually help them out a lot. Genji figured he should give it a try as well. As he put the glasses on, he felt power course through his body before he could even put the glasses fully on. He didn't know if this was confidence, or the power of the glasses. Genji thought about it for less than a second, it more than likely wasn't confidence.

Genji glanced towards Naito, who told them all that he didn't want them to slow him down. Genji didn't think that he would be a burden, he was here to not make himself a burden. Genji turned to Naito and told him, "I don't know about slowing you down. I think that I have the best healing out of all of us, plus you fought my Shadow, he wasn't taking any hits at all, I'm sure I can make sure that we stay a good group and it would be much better if we at least try to act as a loose team."

Genji didn't like the idea of them splitting up, but he couldn't find it in himself to force Naito to work with them. He wasn't really great friends with him, but he wouldn't try to make enemies with him. He didn't know why Naito didn't want to be grouped up with them, but Genji didn't want to ask, it would be pointless to do so. Just a lot of aggravation when he needed to focus on the dungeon ahead of all of them. It was going to be something that none of them knew anything about. Genji didn't have any experience using Personas, but he was hoping that he would learn fast for them.

He followed Ejji and Naito towards the dungeon. He turned his attention towards the destination ahead of them. Genji then looked at his two "companions," well, more like one friend and one "companion." He was ready to go. He took out his lance from his back holder and held it in his hands, he asked the others, "I'm ready to go all, are you?"

Item Received:
Spoiler:
Genji's Stats:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Elizabeth watched the three young men make their way into the dungeon ahead of them. Leaning back against he wall, she'd open her Persona Compendium and begin to flip through the pages. It was a shame she could never join in the fun of such rigorous activities! Her master, with his rather long nose, wouldn't allow such behavior from an Attendant of his. Though, Justine got to have fun, so why couldn't she? A double standard perhaps? Oh well, her fun would come one day. For the moment she would simply hum the Velvet Song to herself. It had been some time since she visited her old home.

Meanwhile, the three began their journey into the cavern. The moment they stepped inside, the tunnel seemed to groan out of anger. Messages began to appear on the walls all written in blood red liquids. "GO BACK." "TURN BACK." They all meant the same thing. Limbo didn't want them there, and this would be its only warning before it became hostile. The Shadows were on standby, and they were ready to encounter those coming into their home. These three Persona-users would find out the hard way that the deeper they went into Limbo, the stronger the enemies. Coming down into the bowels of the world would be their downfall without a stern will and unfailing determination.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Ejji gripped his sheathed sword tighter as the ominous messages appeared before the group of three. It seemed that Limbo was a realm with vicious intelligence, or the inhabitants simply had some form of control over their surroundings. Whatever the case - their presence was known and trouble would soon follow. At that moment Ejji had felt a trecherous desire to turn back his head and check if anything happened to cut off their exit, or if Elizabeth would give some kind of reaction, but that was just for a moment. Ejji kept his head straight, and his eyes quickly roamed all ove their surroundings. He watched the walls, the ceiling, the floor - everything, for any case of danger arising.

"Stay sharp." was all Ejji would say, not making any more attempts at a conversation. He was not the type to talk when nervous, or simply to fill in the silence with useless chatter.

There was nothing else to do but press forward. Ejji was not going to retreat for no reason and he certainly was not afraid to face their supernatural enemy. He could purify this darkness.
The tunnel itself did not hope improve his mood. It was dark and a sure feeling that the group was unwelcome here was almost physically felt in the air. The white-haired young man also noted that this Limbo world seemed to have a broad range of different locations, all of which seemed to have a few things in common though. They were dark and shadowy. The only real difference here was the golden light that bathed the tunnel with illumination. Ejji could not really tell what awaited them in the future.

The dungeon could prove to be a challenge to not only their strength, but in return they could obtain a clue to move forwards with their investigation. Although the word "investigation" was not exactly right, since they had barely even touched the surface of this whole matter. Though Ejji had to guess he felt like a lot of time passed, simply because of the stress of his awakening and from battling Genji's Shadow.
The Reiguu also wondered what kinds of enemies they would meet here. He doubted all the shadows were as strong as the one he faced before, but there was a possibility that what he faced for now was only the weakest of them. There really was no way to tell this, and the only way was to deal with these things as they came. Ejji was not frightened though - retreat was always an option if things got out of hand.
Ejji walked on.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Genji stayed vigilant as they walked on and in within the dungeon. As he walked, Genji became aggravated with Naito's constant tearing down of his confidence. He was honestly just trying to make the other two feel better, but apparently, that wasn't flying so well with Naito. Genji sighed frustrated as he continued on behind them. He would stay behind them, guarding the rear while staying out of the front lines, in case anything would try to take him out.

He would walk on with them, reading all of the creepy bloody writing on the wall, it was weird that some place like this could do something like that so normally. Genji found it rather unnerving, he didn't like where this was going, having Naito and his bluntness being shoved down his throat wasn't something that tried to ease the tension. Genji felt dread and tension form around his mind as he continued behind them. He didn't want to be here, but he had to be. It was the least he could do for them, plus, it would bring them a step closer to solving this mystery and making sure others weren't thrown in here, either.

Genji couldn't take many more of Naito's comments, so he spoke up as they traveled. "I'm not some overconfident jerk that is boosting up my ego in front of you, I'm just simply trying to ease the tension. I do know that this is dangerous, I just feel that being too uptight about it might distract us in case anything happens. I also don't think that my healing abilities are amazing, they are just a little stronger than yours. I also don't mind splitting up into groups if it's necessary, luckily I don't have any weaknesses." Genji couldn't find it in himself to be rude to Naito, so he ended up saying this in a rather normal tone, not angry or frustrated. If there was one thing he didn't like, it was being called out for things.

The enemies had to be close, Genji knew. He tightened the grip on his pitch black lance, getting ready to strike in case something happens, whether it would be from the front or the back, that was the good part about taking up the rear of the party. He just hoped that this was going to be a dungeon without any battles, but Genji wasn't going to delude himself, he knew that battles were going to happen, the only question was when.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Well wasn't this just a grand day. It seemed those traversing Limbo were more at each others throats than focused on the tasks at hand. The strange world would take advantage of this, as a tar like substance began to leak down from the ceiling infront of them. The black ooze would fall to the ground and immediately take the form of their enemy. Two globs formed into a human sized hand with a head where the wrist were located. Behind them, another black substance would erupt from the earth like a volcano, forming that of what appeared to be an eagle with a golden mask. The three users would now be surrounded with two enemies infront of them, and one enemy behind from the way they came. With these enemies infront of them and behind them, the group would be temporarily blocked from pushing forward into the dungeon, or pulling back to the exit.

The Venus Eagle would begin the combat by using its Sukukaja to raise dancing hand number one's agility for three turns. The moment this occurred, the hand would dash off towards Ejji and initiate a regular attack. However, with the boost in agility, it would raise itself and literally slap the snow white haired boy twice before retreating back amongst his group. The final Shadow would snap its fingers and cast a mabufu to strike all the members of the opposing team.

Dancing Hand 1:

Dancing Hand 2:

Venus Eagle:
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 pm

As expected, the enemies did not wait long until appearing to attack the group of travellers. Ejji expected many things to show themselves - horrible monsters and demons, ready to tear and rend with claws, spikes and maws with rows of sharp teeth, but instead the creatures that came out were... comically disturbing. Actually, Ejji would laugh at their appearance if not for the fact that the floating hand-creatures attacked. One doing a double slap and the other using an ice-based attack.

Enemies were both at the front and back.

Ejji cursed, uncharacteristically. "Bastards." and proceeded to summon his Persona. His right hand to his side, he shattered the blue card that appeared above it and felt the familair sensation. "Persona!" Amatsu-Yarikami appeared above him, spinning the spear in it's hand and thrusting it upwards, unleashing flames upon all their attackers using a spell called Maragi.

So it began.

Ejji's Stats and Actions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next