Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Derrick

Derrick

Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:19 am

Spending the day tromping up and down multiple flights of stairs in Kizuna Academy’s student dorms looking for her sister was not Destiny’s idea of fun. The blonde had been searching for literally an hour and a half, double checking every single floor and questioning every person who she’d ever seen with Kari (and that number was definitely not small). Stopping for a moment, Destiny winced slightly, shifting the heels on her feet. Maybe she should invest in a pair of sandals or tennis shoes or something more…functional. At least so she could wear them on her weekly “Where’s Kari” hunts around Ueitawa. Why couldn’t her sister ever tell someone where she was going? Did she have to play hide-and-seek all the time? Honestly. Sometimes the blonde wondered if her parents had made a mistake; maybe she was the 19 year old and Kari the 16 year old. It would definitely make a lot more sense.  

Growing steadily more annoyed with each moment her sister was out of her sight, Destiny just barely managed to resist the urge to stomp up the last flight of stairs. The only place she had left to check now was the rooftop. When she’d been talking to the students, she’d kept up a bright façade; now that she was away from other people, the blonde felt feel to purse her lips so tightly they turned almost white and cross her arms underneath her chest, glaring daggers at each step she passed.

Finally reaching the door, Destiny opened it, willing her features to relax. It wouldn’t do any good to unleash her anger out on anyone up here; after all, they were innocent in all of this. Stepping out onto the roof, the girl closed the door behind her, taking a quick cursory glance around. At first, she saw no one. “…Je vais la tuer!” Destiny muttered under her breath. She normally wouldn’t speak another language besides Japanese, but this was a special occasion. Besides, French was, in her mother’s words, “the pretty way to unleash your anger”. So it seemed appropriate, given the situation.

Turning, the blonde caught sight of a figure. A rose tint invaded her cheeks at the thought of them hearing her, and her blush only worsened as she recognized the person. Goodness, how could she have forgotten that Naito lived in the dorms? Reverting back to Japanese, Destiny blurted out an apology. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t realize someone was up here, a-and—!” Heavens, why couldn’t she say something coherent? After stammering for another second or two, Destiny opted to bow and apologize again. "M-My apologies. I'll be leaving now. Sorry to have bothered you.” After saying this, she'd start to head fo the door, anxious to leave after that embarrassing outburst.

Translation:

Last edited by DestinyE on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] 33nyowo

Chance had decided to go to the dorms dressed as a normal human, instead of her usual attire when she was focusing on her duties. It wasn't everyday she could appreciate the humans who weren't her guests. Of course walking through the dorms did get her some looks because she was not a member of their school, or atleast not a member they recognized, and the teacher made her both anxious and excited to be counted amongst humans. When she finally made it to the meeting place, being the rooftop of the dorm, she'd go to exit with the help of the door but would instead be greeted by a blonde haired girl apparently leaving. Her golden eyes looked towards the young woman and then towards her silver haired guest. "Oh my, am I interrupting something here?" Chance asked with a kind tone of voice as she twirled a finger in her hair and looked back and forth between the two. After a few seconds, she would bow her head to the blonde haired girl that she believed was a friend of Naito-san's. "Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Chance. I am a new student here at Kizuna Academy. I have dark hair, yellow eyes, and I govern power." She was obviously trying to pass as a human but was having some difficulties making the small talk. Looking over to her guest, she gave a wave and walked over to him with a smile. "Naito-san, I'm here. I must say these "dormitories" are quite something. So many students all in one place. It must be the epitome of studies!" The slender Attendant pumped her arms with a smile towards the taller guest.
Back to top Go down
Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Naito raised a curious brow as the doorway to the rooftop swung open and a familiar face came into view. Though he was expecting his Attendant, instead he saw the figure of Enduex. Crossing his arms over his chest as she apologized and began to head back down, he spoke up with a calm voice. "I see you still have that habit of apologizing without reason. It's not as if I own this rooftop just for myself; if you'd like to join me you can stay." His sullen silver eyes looked towards the young female as his hair draped over his forehead in an unruly manner. His attention would soon be shifted towards another who had made it to the rooftop. His first thought was the figure was rather attractive for a student of Kizuna Academy, but the moment she spoke, he recognized who it was. Raising a brow, he looked the Attendant up and down and nodded his head. "Interesting, Chance. You're attractive when you want to be. You have perfect timing, allow me to introduce you to a colleague." Naito pushed himself off the rails of the rooftop and walked between the two females, putting his hands in his pockets nonchalantly.

"Endeux, this is Chance. My Attendant from the Velvet Room. Though she appears to be human, she is not human whatsoever. Those blue doorways you've most likely seen throughout the city lead into the Velvet Room where you can meet her, Igor, and the various other Attendants that assist us Users throughout our journey. They are there only to assist, so they can not hold our hands for every matter of our lives." The Tsurinai looked towards chance and gave a slight nod. "She's helped me on more than one occasion, so I could say we're relatively close now. To the point I'd even go as far as to say we're close to being "friends", even though I tarnish the word." Looking back towards Destiny with his sullen gaze and hair draped over his eye, the pale faced young man would give her the floor. "Feel free to introduce yourself, Enduex. Though she probably always knows you." With that said, he'd let the two meet at their own pace.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Why couldn’t she walk faster? Maybe if she could, Destiny wouldn’t have heard Naito’s words. Ah, that’s right; he had that odd little quirk about hating apologies. Why couldn’t she remember that? It seemed a lot of things were slipping her mind lately. Perhaps it was the whole Limbo business she’d found out about; stress shows up in funny ways, after all. The silverette went on to invite her to stay, causing her to pause and turn back to him. Shaking her head lightly and giving him a weak smile, she tried to explain that she was actually doing something. But before she got much farther than “Oh, no, I—”, the door opened, and Destiny cut herself off as she jumped slightly in surprise. A girl walked onto the roof not a moment later, glancing back and forth between her and Naito. The next words out of the girl’s mouth didn’t help the blonde’s blush any, and Destiny shook her head in reply, smiling shakily. “Not at all. I was just—”

Couldn’t she get two words in without someone or something cutting her off? Biting back the comment—after all, it wasn’t Naito or the girl’s fault her sister was being so troublesome, and they didn't deserve one bit of her frustration—Destiny listened to the girl’s introduction, blinking at her last sentence. Uhm…why exactly did it matter that she had dark hair and yellow eyes…? The “governing power” bit was a little strange too. Still, the blonde gave Chance a bright, although slightly confused, smile. Turning her gaze to Naito as he launched into an explanation, Chance’s strange greeting suddenly made a lot more sense. True, she’d seen the blue doors, but she thought it best not to go into them; after all, besides the color, she didn’t see a difference between them and the red Limbo doors. Now that she thought about it, it seemed logical—although in a funny, childlike sort of way—that a blue door would go to somewhere peaceful and a red door somewhere more dangerous. Red for chaos, blue for tranquility, after all. But this girl, Chance…she wasn’t human? She was…an “Attendant”? What did that mean? And…why would Chance already know something about her? That was a little unsettling. After all, this was the first time Destiny could recall ever meeting her.

She was lost in thought for a moment, snapping out of it once Naito was done speaking. Giving Chance a quick once-over, Destiny decided that she seemed nice enough. Besides, the child-like innocence she’d displayed not too long ago about the dorms was rather cute. So, pushing aside her questions and worries, the blonde bowed lightly towards Chance. “Pleasure to meet you. My name is Destiny.” Straightening and adjusting her posture, she gave the dark-haired girl a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 pm

The Slender Attendant took Destiny-san's hands in her own with childish excitement. This was the first female guest she had ever officially had, so the questions that she couldn't ask Naito-san about humans could now be asked to Destiny-san! "Hello, Destiny-san! My name is Chance! It's such a pleasure to meet you!" There was redness in the Attendant's cheeks as she bowed her head and released Destiny-san's hands. "I must apologize for my rudeness. As an Attendant, I have the purpose of guiding humans to finding the answer to life's greatest question. Before you, I've only had a few guests, and Naito-san is the only guest I have that has accomplished so much in such a small fraction of time. I actually know much about you, Destiny-san, from the pages of my compendium. You're important to Naito-san and because of that, there is a strong bond between you two that has formed into a social link. I must thank you for leading my guest on the right path. I know sometimes Naito-san can be tough to get along with." Chance gave an innocent smile before looking at Naito-san with a titled head.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Destiny couldn’t help but blink in surprise, momentarily stunned by the girl’s enthusiastic greeting. Her features softened after her initial shock, and she listened to Chance’s words while keeping a small, pleasant smile on her face. Ah, so that’s what an Attendant was for? Guidance, more or less? Good to know. Destiny felt awkward about asking Naito or any of the other Persona users she’d met too many questions about her new abilities or Limbo; it made her feel as if she was a hindrance, not a help to the whole investigation. If she had any questions about her persona, it was nice that she now had the option of asking Chance. …Wait, what did Chance just say? She and Naito had a bond that formed into a…“social link”? …That was something Destiny would have to remember to ask Chance about later, if she remembered.

The girl let out a light laugh at the Attendant’s last sentence. Mmm, perhaps that was true. Naito did have some interesting quirks, but they made him interesting. Besides, Destiny had dealt with worse people before. She was about to say something to that effect, but the silverette himself broke in, shooting her a glare that quieted her giggles. “R-Right. Flattering.” Once she realized he wasn’t actually upset, though, the blonde smiled. Whew. An angry Naito wasn’t something she was particularly eager to see.

Oh? Questions, hmm? She could handle those. And play tour guide? It seemed rather fair; after all, if Chance was doing things for her, shouldn’t Destiny return the favor? …Wait, what was Naito doing? // …That looks painful… // In all honesty, Destiny was a bit shocked to see the boy play around like this. He’d had his moments of naivety, but for the most part, he was always so…controlled. Hmm…he and Chance must be close, then.

Of course, Naito had to direct the conversation down a more solemn path. It was rather obvious that whoever was behind that particular Deepnight Deadline segment had a rather warped concept of “fun”, and an even more insatiable desire for amusement. That only meant that the incidences would keep occurring until he was caught. Of course, Destiny knew she’d be helping take care of the culprit and the other suspicious character, “Smiling Man”, when she agreed to help Naito, but she still didn’t feel any better about it. Rather, she felt a little sick every time she thought of either of the two. Tempting as it was to back out, she knew she couldn’t; she’d made the promise to herself to stop running from everything, to face her problems and stop turning a blind eye to them.

Well…that was…sweet…? Sort of? Maybe if he’d left out the “idiots” bit and kept facing her and Chance, it would’ve been more of a poignant speech. Now, with that pose….Destiny bit her lip, trying to force down the overwhelming urge to grin at his behavior. It really didn’t help that she wanted to laugh on top of it. Pressing a hand lightly to her mouth, the blonde tried to keep her giggles to herself, her shoulders shaking slightly despite her efforts. Was this really happening? Was Naito—cool, calm and collected Naito, the one who she’d watch effortlessly defeat a Shadow easily twice his size—really pouting? “We’ll be careful.” No amount of willpower could’ve erased the amusement laced in her tone. Turning her head towards Chance and smiling pleasantly, she added, “Won’t we?”
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 2:42 am

Chance flailed as Naito-san pinched her cheek. Had she said too much? No, that was impossible. She had read that humans enjoyed hearing the truth about everything! So why was Naito-san doing this? Perhaps as a form of flattery? When he released her cheek, Chance rubbed the red spot with a smile. "Ah, Destiny-san, is this what they call tough love?" The Attendant was already asking her new guest questions about this world. Though Naito-san was quite hard to read, so she should have known the answer would be difficult. Chance's attention went back to Naito-san when he asked her a question himself. If she wished to be human. The very question took her off guard and made her look to the side in question. She had never really thought about it until now. "I don't know, Naito-san. Humans are interesting... I sometimes wonder how it would be to not have the purpose of living in the Velvet Room, and to be free like you all. But, the thoughts are soon abolished. I enjoy my purpose, because it gives me the opportunity to meet such interesting guests such as you two." The Attendant gave them both a nod and a smile.

To continue onward, Naito-san spoke of how things were quite troubled in Ueitawa. More importantly it involved the disappearances and killings recently. Chance was well aware of the incidents. When he called her a comrade, it caused the Attendant's cheeks to flare red, and she'd begin to play with her hair in a nervous reaction. She had never seen this side of him. The side of a child wanting to protect what was dear to them. It made her feel wanted, and put a smile on her face as Destiny-san looked her way. "Yes, I agree, Destiny-san. Everything will work out in the end!"
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:37 pm

“Uhm…” Well, Chance certainly asked an…interesting question. Really, it was a wonder the girl was still smiling after that. Judging by that mark on her cheek, it must’ve hurt considerably. Destiny took a moment to consider her answer, somewhat hesitant to respond. She wasn’t quite sure about the “love” part; but it didn’t seem too far-fetched, really, considering how loose Naito seemed around the Attendant. Smiling warmly at the dark-haired girl, she gave her answer. “I suppose you could call it that, yes.” If she was wrong, Naito could correct her if he really wanted to, but he seemed content to push the conversation forwards.

The blonde had to smile at the silverette’s resolve. She’d been feeling positively on edge lately, worrying incessantly over what exactly she and the others were going to do to stop Limbo from seeping into their world, but his words lit some spark of hope. After all, attitude is half the battle, if her mother was to be believed. Besides, Naito and the other persona users she’d met had proven they were rather capable at handling their own abilities; surely they had a fair chance at bringing an end to these incidents and preventing the Limbo apocalypse.

// Wait…what? // A letter? From the killer? Well, this was the first she’d heard of it. Of course, she hadn’t been on the investigation that long, so of course she wouldn’t know all of the details of the case. But he’d been holding onto that since winter? Why in heaven’s name hadn’t he brought it to the attention of the police or some other authority? If that note had arrived long before the recent incidences at the Academy, surely the law could’ve done something to prevent the murders? To Destiny, that was the logical thing to do. Surely Naito must’ve thought of that. But if he opted to keep it a secret and hide that letter from others…was he just trying to keep certain information to himself, or was there an actual reason for his actions? Looking back at Chance, she awaited the Attendant’s response, curious as to her reply and what exactly Naito had planned.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:58 pm

When Destiny-san agreed that it was tough love, the Attendant gave a smile and continued to rub her red cheek. So this was tough love? She had read about it in books, it was truly fascinating and it hurt. When Naito-san went towards the railing of the rooftop, her yellow eyes followed him in curiosity. He spoke of the recent events and of his own personal resolve when it came to the current cases going on in Ueitawa. The Attendant looked on with a curious expression, as she thought to herself mostly. She had known Naito-san for awhile, but personally he never really let her know what he cared about. Only from his personal social links could she ever know who he was bonding with.

When they continued on, the silver boy mentioned the letter her previous guest had received from the killer. Tapping her chin, Chance pondered. If the Velvet Room still had the letter, perhaps they could get it back. Surely her siblings kept it in storage. "Hmm, Naito-san I'm sure my siblings still have the letter. We could always ask, and it'd be nice to show Destiny-san the Velvet Room for once." Looking over to Destiny-san, Chance tilted her head with a smile. "I'm sure you're quite confused Destiny-san, but long ago the Killer left a message for another User that threatened he'd kill someone if they continued to save the people he put into the Dreamscape. I think Naito-san wants to use it to find the identity of the Killer. I think it may work. I mean it's worth a shot." The Attendant would nod while twirling a strand of hair between her fingers, still curious.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Resting her chin on one of her hands as she listened to Chance’s explanation, Destiny couldn’t help but frown lightly. That didn’t sound right. Stop saving people or someone would be killed…? Weren’t people being put into the Dreamscape to be killed in the first place? At least, Naito had said so after he’d rescued her from her Shadow. “Someone put you in there to die,” or something along those lines. Unless…did the killer just mean that instead of using Limbo, they’d kill someone on this side to make sure the job was done? If so, was the Principal that unfortunate victim? Or was that an unrelated event? …Perhaps Destiny was just overthinking this. Nodding lightly at the Attendant, Destiny wrapped her arms around her waist loosely, focusing her gaze on the ground as she digested the information. Taking a closer look at that letter seemed to be the best place to start. It was better than waiting for another murder to happen, or searching blindly for the culprit. Besides, while they could theorize all they wanted or try to deduce the identity or motives of this person, in the end, all they had were theories and conjectures that they couldn’t prove. They had to find some evidence; otherwise, this killer could just walk free and continue his little “game” if he so wished. That was definitely an outcome they had to prevent.

Naito had been quiet for some time, gazing over the rooftop railing. Now he had changed the subject again. Oh? He was leaving? …Mm, it made sense. After all, Destiny could clearly recall that the first time she’d spoken to him, he’d seemed unimpressed with Ueitawa. Of course he’d want to go back home after being sent away for a time. His reason, though, caught her by surprise. It seemed rather…personal. Why was he telling her? Chance she could understand; Naito had obviously known the other girl for some time now. But herself, on the other hand…sure, he’d said some flattering or charming things before, but Destiny hadn’t really thought he was serious. People, she knew, were fickle; one moment, they swear they’ll never forget you, and the next month, you’re lucky to be remembered at all. Yet if she had any more doubts about his sincerity, his request pretty much dispelled them; despite his apathetic features, his words convinced her that he was genuinely asking for their help. “Of course.” Destiny smiled softly, offering a light nod in acceptance. She agreed to help him that day he’d saved her from Limbo. Nothing, as far as she was concerned, was going to make her break that agreement any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Things had gotten quite quiet after her explanation. Destiny-san seemed to be thinking upon herself, same with Naito-san aswell. Her guests were quite intricate, yes? It put a smile on Chance's face, especially when Naito-san turned and openly asked for her help. With a gentle nod, Chance would grasp her arm. "Of course, Naito-san. I'll help you not because it's my sole purpose, but because you're also my friend!" With that said, the slender Attendant would give a bow to her two guests. She had used up her time in the real world and needed to return home to her siblings. "Thank you for your time today, Destiny-san and Naito-san. I must return to the Velvet Room now. Please do come pay me a visit sometime." Chance gave a bow as she promptly turned and disappeared within a blue doorway that appeared infront of the doorway back into the dorms. With that, she'd be gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]   Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny] Empty

Back to top Go down

Rooftop Paradise [Chance/Destiny]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next