Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Paradise [Rita] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Paradise [Rita] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Paradise [Rita] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Paradise [Rita] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Paradise [Rita] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Paradise [Rita] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Paradise [Rita] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Paradise [Rita] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Paradise [Rita] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Paradise [Rita]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paige

Paige

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:39 pm

"Meet me tomorrow at 3 PM in San Malarus, if you can, alright? There's a cafe restaurant near the station with a plaque saying 'Paradise'-"

Rita's voice cut off abruptly as Julian shut off the call to his voicemail, putting the phone back into his pocket with a contemplative sigh.

The last time he'd heard from Rita was a rushed message telling him to check out the radio tower. While that was a nice lead, it really only caught him up to what the general situation was, not what she'd been doing or how things were on her end. Which, to be frank, was troubling for him. Ideally, he would've gotten ahold of Hyde's many friends and the few others he knew had access to supernatural powers and formed a little network of users. That way, everyone could stay in touch and share information. Everyone could work together while still being independent if they so wished (which, he would have to admit, would be a better option for him in his opinion). But they didn't exactly have time to socialize and work on the trust necessary to make a system like that work.

Keeping his eyes focused on the road ahead of him, the teen briefly wondered what Rita could possibly need from him. Last he remembered, she seemed content to be on her own. What exactly did she want him to do? And what had she done in the couple of months they hadn't seen each other?

Julian came to a stop right across the street from the designated meeting place. Seeing as the light was currently flashing red for the crosswalk, he took the chance to check the time. 2:45PM. Alright, he was still a little early. Excellent.

In no time at all the light would turn green, and he would walk across the street, looking over the tables outside for any sign of Rita. Should this be unsuccessful, he'd check inside the establishment for her. If she was there, he'd walk over to her table and offer a light smile in greeting. If she hadn't arrived yet, he'd take a seat at a secluded table outside and await her arrival.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:55 pm

"This is honestly confusing to me..." Pacing around a room, Rita tapped her foot, slightly unnerved. It was still early... good, she had some time until she needed to go down and meet him. "Some times, I wonder what actually needs to be done. Hey, Kristina... don't ever try to get involved in this, okay?" The silvernette looked backwards, a pink-haired girl standing behind her and preparing some kind of drink. A pair of fake cat ears were also sitting on the counter behind her.

Paradise [Rita] OjeENxe

"Come on now, you know you don't need to worry about that... I trust your judgement. I don't know what's going on, and I honestly don't want to know, but you always have me to vent to, alright?" The waitress smiled softly, clearly with a different attitude than her regular one at the shop. While she didn't really know what all was happening to the islands and why things were happening as they were, Kitty still worried for her friend. Perhaps they hadn't known each other for that long, but Rita had already proven to her that her judgement was worth putting faith into.

"I know that... it still worries me, though. If you ever get signs of this island being next... I want you to run, alright?" To respond to that, Kitty only nodded, turning around and handing the silvernette a small cup, filled with the coffee brand Rita most enjoyed, made just to her liking. Some times, it was good to have a friend that could do things like these for you... it helped the silvernette relax when she needed to.

They both took a moment to have their small meal, Rita choosing to only have the coffee and nothing else. Kitty, in turn, just had a slice of cake. The silvernette glanced at her phone... 2:45 PM. "Might as well go down now. He should be here any moment." Sitting up from the small table, Rita moved to the door, descending the stairs and moving into the shop from behind the counter. Judging from the time it took her, Julian should be able to see her doing so as he approached the shop itself.

Paradise [Rita] 5TKYOq8

"Yare yare dawa..." Needless to say, the silvernette didn't really see Julian, as her sight was more concentrated in front of her while she took a seat. Despite her haircut, though, she'd be easy to recognize, as her face seemed to hold the same serious one it did before. Though... this expression just looked off. Tired, in a way, but mostly annoyed. It was still early, though, than what they had agreed on, so it wasn't directed at the meeting itself. More so, she just seemed to be turned off by something...
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:05 am

Well, there she was. Now at least he could find out what this was all about. The front door of the cafe opened with a tinkling little chime that Julian barely registered as he made a beeline for Rita, glancing over her form as he walked. Well, she looked pretty much the same, from what he could recall. Except for the chop she'd taken to her hair, of course.

"Ready for summer, I see." he came to a stop at her table, one hand shoved into the pocket of his jeans as he gave her hair one last look over. If the comment was well received or she reacted somewhat positively, he'd offer her a small smile before taking a seat across from her. If she was all business, he'd respond in turn, his features relaxed and serious , yet still take a seat across from her.

"So how may I help you?" raising an eyebrow curiously, the teen rested on arm on the table, propping his chin in the same hand as he waited for Rita to fill him on why exactly she needed to see him.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 am

As he entered, Julian wouldn't actually have much problem reaching Rita. The cafe was mostly empty, with only one customer sitting in a side-room near the entrance, enjoying a cup of tea while looking outside through the curtained window. For better or for worse, it seemed that they had the privacy they needed to talk about this.

Rita blinked and turned at Julian's comment, slightly surprised, then chuckled. "I wish it were something so innocent as that." She shook her head, though. "But regardless. It's nice to see you again, Julian... you're early." The silvernette glanced at her watch, marking the time as still fairly before the agreed-upon time. Fair enough, better to start this early. Rita did appreciate it.

"Anyway... I need your help with something..." She didn't exactly enjoy getting right into it, but best to just do it straight off, without fear. "Everyone knows about what's happening in the islands, shit's going down, it isn't new... before I get into the main deal, I need to ask you if you already know what's going on. Like... we haven't spoken for a while, sorry for that... I need to catch up on what everyone else knows first before trying to think of what to do." Rita's facial expression was a bit awkward. She was torn on how to speak of this, actually, but for now, that was all they needed to talk about. She had other things to ask, but making sure all the cards were on the table was her priority.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 3:42 pm

He wasn't quite sure how to take her response. That reply had a lot of serious undertones behind it that he wasn't sure he should pry into. If she really wanted him to know, she would've told him. Best not to get too into her personal business. He gave her a short nod to acknowledge that he understood, but made no further comments on it. "Better three hours too soon than a minute late, right?" he gave her a small smile. True, he was early, but this seemed important; he figured the sooner the better, in case Rita actually needed some kind of help. Besides, it was the courteous thing to do.

As Rita spoke, the teen merely watched her quietly. Was this the way he looked when he talked to others about the "business" he'd wound up in? Hm...no, not quite, he thought. He probably looked more conflicted and pensive. Then again, those other times involved him explaining things to people who had no idea what was going on. Was this something the silverette didn't talk about very often, then? Or was it just him?

"Well, I have the gist of everything." His free hand came up to rest on the table, fingers drumming silently against the wood as he spoke. "I talked to Angel and Hyde a little bit. They caught me up. I found out a few things about Penecia, too." Here he stopped and met her gaze, tilting his head slightly. "Before I get into that, is there something else I should be aware of?" Best to get up to speed with her before delving into what he'd found out from Emmilene, or planning that venture before finding out if Rita was able to accompany him. From what he could tell, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a few people to look into that one thing...
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 pm

Rita appreciated Julian's action there, as he didn't inquire further. To be perfectly honest, she wasn't proud of the reason she cut her hair, but you could argue it was a definite turning point in her life. "Of course. I've always thought the concept of 'fashionably late' was bullshit anyway." She chuckled softly. The comment was made to commend him, in truth, Rita liked how quickly he came.

As soon as Julian stopped speaking, they'd both hear light footsteps tapping against the stairs going up, behind the door Rita came into the shop just now. In a few seconds, a pink-haired short girl came out from that door, taking a small notebook from the table and walking over to the table where they were sitting.

"Ah, is this the friend you were speaking of, Rinya-dono? Welcome to Paradise, nya, it's a pleasure to have you here. May I take your order?" Rita had to admit, it was a bit intrusive, but Kristina was a friend of hers, and she also had a job to do. Naturally, she just came in when she felt it necessary. Should Julian order anything, she'd write it down in that notebook of hers, not bothering asking Rita since she had already had a bit of a meal with her not too long ago. Once Julian was done, or if he didn't order at all, Kitty would walk back behind the counter after taking a bow, leaving them alone again. Sure... that was a bit random, but again, Kitty had a job to do.

"Hm, sorry about that. I already told her what we're gonna be speaking about... you don't have to worry whether she overhears anything or not, I can assure you that she's trustworthy." Just to dismiss anything that could have gone through his mind. "Regardless. I'm glad you've met Angel, at least, that means you have knowledge of the Primordials and all, right?" Rita took a bit of time to process what he said about Penecia and the answer to that question of hers as Kitty walked back, putting a glass of water in front of Rita and whatever Julian had ordered, if anything, in front of him, returning to her post right afterwards.

"What if I told you I faced off against a Primordial, face to face? Would you believe me?" The silvernette took a sip of her water. "I met Ananke, the being ruling over fate. I heard from Sharaku too, about what happened in Zela and its Alternate World." To make matters simple, Rita explained to Julian the details of what happened inside the Alternate World, as well as her fight against Ananke in Penecia. At this point, she had already met with Sharaku to discuss at least that, after all.

"That's all I really have to say. You said you found something out about Penecia, right? Care to share?" Though her speech before would take only a couple of minutes at most, she had shared details regarding people that were at the fight with Ananke, exactly what transpired in the battle and after it, not to mention before it, and anything Sharaku had told her about Israfel and the battle inside the temple, so information regarding either of those subjects wasn't lost on Julian in the least, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 10:35 pm

This was going to be a running trend whenever he talked to anyone about this, wasn't it? Either they'd talk to loud or someone would come too close to hearing. Well, he figured Rita would be smart enough to refrain from the former (unlike a certain someone). They just had to wait for the person to pass.

If there was one good thing about growing up with a woman addicted to card games, it meant that Julian was forced to adapt a brilliant poker face. He forced his features to stay relaxed, hoping to give the impression that this was just an awkward lull in their conversation or something similar. The mildly surprised blink he aimed at the waitress that stopped at their table, however, didn't need to be faked. // ...Cat ears...? //

...Right. Rita's friend. What did she call her? "Rina-Domo"? ...No, he had enough on his plate. As if he was going to try and deduce women's relationships on top of the other things he was supposed to be sorting out right now. Julian gave the pinkette a friendly grin as he spoke up. "Water, please."

Nodding as the woman left, he refocused on Rita as she spoke up again, giving her a nod in understanding. So she had a friend like that too? Well, possibly. The waitress could be a user too. Who knows? Regardless, Rita had proven herself competent before, so he had no qualms about trusting her judgement on this one. "Yeah, I do."

The teen let Rita do most of the talking from there. He listened quietly, occasionally taking sips of his water, letting his mind picture the events as Rita described them. It was hard to imagine that a fight like that had happened so close to home. God, Penecia was where his dad worked, where Trinny and Casper and the rest of his extended family were staying. What if they had gone out that evening? What if his father had worked late? His gaze became half lidded and his mouth a thin line as he considered it. This was the kind of thing he'd been hoping to avoid, but now...damn, things were heating up and fast.

He was almost relieved when she finished and requested he share things he'd learned. the information was good, but he needed to stop considering the things that could've happened. Everyone was safe for the time being, and that would have to do until they got some more work done. Julian raised his glass and took a sip, setting it down a few seconds later with a quiet thunk. "Not at all. It concerns you too, after all." Folding both hands and resting his chin on top of them, he began recounting what he'd learned. "Recently, I managed to talk to my contact in Penecia. Lately, there've been soldiers spreading stories about an angel. On top of that, A light appeared in the distance. It changes location sometimes and disappears others, and it's understandably roused the curiosity of everyone there. Now, Emmilene--I did tell you about her, didn't I?" He paused for a moment to get Rita's confirmation or denial. If she said no, he'd briefly explain her role in the war and her importance. If she said yes, he'd give her a short nod and small smile. "Well, she was considering going and looking into it herself, but apparently this light is appearing closer to the other side's territory. I think it's a little risky if she goes, so I offered to look into it for her. You're welcome to come along; I'd prefer to have someone watching my back in case we happen to run into a fight." She really was one of the only people he trusted to accompany him into another world. After all, they worked well together on his first venture, and she proved herself more than capable.

"So besides filling me in on your end--thank you for that, by the way--what did you want me for?"
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Kristina didn't seem too bothered with the silence as she came in, or the look Julian gave her. Really, once you had been running a cafe like this for a while, you got used to the surprise people got from seeing you.

Regardless, after the whole exchange, Rita just listened, a grin slowly but surely running up her face as Julian spoke. Now THAT was luck. "I believe so. Regardless, if she's a friend of yours, even if you haven't, I'm sure she's trustworthy." To continue the conversation faster, the silvernette simply waved her hand to dismiss that, an ally of Julian's was an ally of hers as well. Though, as he continued, Rita couldn't help but lean back, closing her eyes with a full blown smirk on her face. "Seems fate does want something from us after all." She chuckled lightly, putting a hand up to her bangs to brush them off her face. After that, she just straightened her posture, letting out a relieved sigh.

"Actually, I think I want you for the same reason you want me. I've been interested in investigating the Alternate Penecia for a while now, to see if it's possible to prevent its corruption. I was going to ask you if you wanted to come along, since I already knew you were involved... but I wasn't counting on you actually asking me first. Aha, this is the best possible scenario." Rita still couldn't help but smile, holding her head as her arm rested on the table. Truthfully, it was very relieving to know that Julian already had plans to go into Alternate Penecia... all that was her life anymore was there. Lia was there... everyone had reasons they wanted to protect their home, and Rita understood that, but when she did find a chance to actually accomplish that goal... it was just too good.

"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed, huh... it seems the cards do favor me today..." Rita whispered that almost inaudibly, pondering this twist. It was just... funny to her. "In a few days, I'm joining Sharaku for an expedition into the Alternate World of Malstu to take care of that corruption." As she was saying that, she brought out her phone, displaying a message that Julian should know all too well, the one that called for help regarding a door in the Velvet Room. "This... you need to take care of this as soon as possible, hopefully before we go into Penecia. Trust me... it'll be very worth it for you to go through it." After gaining her Prime Persona, Rita couldn't recommend it more for anyone to go through it as well. If they were going into that Alternate World to investigate, they should be at their highest potential... Really, it was the only way she'd feel safe.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:30 pm

A grin matching hers spread across Julian's face as she spoke. It was hard not to laugh at how neatly this was working out. What were the odds they wanted to use each other for the same thing? It was too perfect. Which was nice for a change, really. All those months of investigating and searching only to come up empty handed...was this life's way of saying sorry? If so, he'd take it. "Heh, you can say that again." he chuckled, nodding slightly. Really, how could this have worked out better?

Right, Malstu had fallen under some hard times, to put it lightly. Good to know Rita was taking care of that. Along with that man he'd met once, apparently. It was still strange to think someone he'd bumped into so long ago had a hand in all of this. How many other people were like that? How many other people in Azores were there with ties to all of this? He didn't have time to dwell on that unsettling thought for long. The same text he'd received not too long ago was suddenly pushed in his face, and reread the words he'd nearly memorized by now only to look back at Rita curiously. "Right...something like this came up for you some time ago, didn't it? What is it?" Might be a good idea to know what he should expect by checking out this "door". Knowledge was power, after all; the more he knew, the better he could prep.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:12 am

This was interesting, they seemed to have the same reaction... oh, that made things easier. "As soon as you can, give me a call. I'm sure I can keep my agenda open for that." The silvernette tapped a few buttons on her phone, bringing it back to her. Really, she was just checking her plans for the immediate future... there were things in store for her, that much was true.

"Hm, how to say it..." To Julian's question, she brought her head down, pondering it for a while. "It's... a bit hard to explain, but behind that door is like... a world, something that's made from your subconscious. That seems to be a theme, from what I've heard. In there, you have to fight against... recreations, I'd describe'em as, of people that are important to you or somehow affected you in a large way. At the end, you have to face yourself, I guess. Your Shadow, more aptly. Once you defeat them, they turn into a new power, a new Persona." That was really the best way she could explain it, she hadn't explored everything in that world and... from what she knew, it was gone now. It was up to Julian to know what to do with his world, after all, but Rita just hoped her explanation was useful.

"I suggest you get it out of the way quickly. I... wish I could go help you, but knowing how personal it is, I don't want to intrude on it. Besides, I'm busy for the next one or two days so... I can only wish you good luck, really. Someone like you, I'm sure you'll be able to finish it without any trouble." That was a genuine compliment. Rita was eager to cheer Julian on in this event, it was his time, after all. Knowing how important it was, well... there was nothing else she could do.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 11:48 am

So in the end, he was supposed to fight himself? That's what it all boiled down to? If it wasn't real, Julian might've laughed at the clicheness of it all. C'mon, how many times was "facing yourself" used as a plot device in movies and games? Too many to count, that's how many. From what he'd seen though, the Velvet Room didn't exactly care about being inventive and creative. It cared about getting things done, albeit through roundabout, vague channels. So if the room wanted him to be cliche, he would do it.

Julian gave Rita a small, thankful smile. That was actually pretty considerate of her. If this was just another fight, he would've waved off her concerns and invited her along. The tentativeness with which she spoke of the subject, though, made him think twice. Just how personal was this challenge going to be? And did he really want Rita to be privvy to secrets he might not even know of himself? In the end, no, he didn't. She was a good ally, but he hardly saw her as anything more than that. Personal matters could stay out of this arrangement as far as he was concerned. "Thanks. That means a lot." Nothing like a good confidence booster before a battle, right?

"Well, that's pretty much all I have to say. Anythign else you need to tell me or ask about?"
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Rita shook her head at the question. "No, I'm pretty sure that's all. I'm glad I called you here, though, I've gone too long without getting in touch with you." She nodded, stretching. There wasn't anything much she could say... well, aside from a warning, that was. Breathing in deeply, Rita closed her eyes, leaning back.

"Just be careful. Whatever you see in that place, you have to know that all of it, no matter what, is meant to help you grow. There will be things you won't accept. There WILL be things that are plain wrong... but all of it is a part of you. Even if it's a lie, it's what most worries you about a certain person, how you think they view you. You may not realize it at first, though." She looked up at the ceiling and got up from the table, walking over to its side before extending a hand out. "You'll make it through, all of us do in the end. Stay safe, Julian." The silvernette smiled openly, relaxed. If Julian too her hand, her eyes would seem to glow, almost, showing how happy she actually was.

"Alright, I have a lot to prepare for now. I should get going out back. Remember, though, half as long, twice as bright!" It seemed that had become a sort of catchphrase for her. Only her Shadow was to blame for that, probably... regardless, she'd let go of Julian's hand afterwards and, if he had nothing else to say, walk back behind the counter and up some stairs. The meeting didn't take that long, but it was extremely useful in the end. She just hoped nothing serious happened in the meanwhile...

-Exit
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:54 pm

User's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paradise [Rita] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise [Rita]   Paradise [Rita] Empty

Back to top Go down

Paradise [Rita]
Page 1 of 1