Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sand & Snow [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 am

Hyde would laugh and blow some bubbles in the water before rising up again. Alright, you are definitely a watermelon. The whole entire process of eating a watermelon is just like you. One I bit into you, it’s sweet and tastes good. However, with every bite, there are a few seeds that you have to spit up and go through to fully enjoy the fruit as it is. The seeds could be the bits and pieces of your personality that each person has to learn how to mesh with. Once that happens, you become just a good tasting fruit.”

Hyde would then snap his fingers at Sharaku with a grin. “How’s that for an explanation?” It definitely seemed like a weird explanation, but this was Hyde were talking about here. ”Well, it’s the fact that you put in the effort to try and hold a conversation that counts. I know you like to keep to yourself, or I kind of get the feeling that keeping to yourself is one of your preferences. However, I guess anyone can take it as a blessing when one person takes an interest in another in any kind of positive way. Your silence only makes them want to know the real you, and your talking makes you seem more inviting. Guess you can’t win there. …
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 am

What? Ermmm...''Wait a moment. Wouldn't that apply to most people? Everyone has some quirks you need to swallow.'' Sharaku would frown in slight confusion. Not that watermelons were bad, but that could fit just about anyone. After all, you needed to go through slight bumps with a person, unless you were lucky enough to have met your soul twin or something. Eh, whatever. He would roll his eyes in amusement. ''Either way, I still like lemons more.'', he'd declare nonchalantly. Point made, that was good enough.

''Ah, no.'', he would shake his head at Hyde's following guess. ''That's not really it.'' He would attempt to flick Hyde in the forehead. ''Saying that I keep to myself is not truly correct either. I just hold conversations better in my way. Which is usually not the talk kind.'' He wasn't that bad at talking either, but it was usually worse when he had to listen for a long while, and do just that. ''Let's just say I prefer actually doing to talking. Easier that way.'' Just not so easily done with most people. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:15 am

Hyde would quickly duck into the water and appear on the other side of Sharaku after that. “You are going to have to be a bit quicker in order to catch me.” Hyde would say this with a wink as he thought about the lemon. “ Well, you usually make fruit comparisons because you strive to make sense of it. I guess you can be lemonade flavored then, you won’t be too sour that way. “ Hyde would give a little bit of laughter.

oh, so you would much rather do the talking and I do the listening? That could be arranged, that’s a good idea actually. You have my full , undivided attention Raku. Say whatever’s on your mind, whatever you want to talk about, and ill simply listen and respond to you when I think I need to. This way, you would be In the driver’s seat for once.” Hyde would then fold hi arms with a smile, waiting for sharaku to say something.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:52 am

''....'' Alright then. ''I wasn't necessarily trying to 'catch' you.'' Sharaku would retort, splashing a wave over Hyde's head with a smug smile. Oh, he had every mind to chase the redhead after this, but that would be counterproductive here. This wasn't a pool made for flailing around. He'd have to settle with what he had for now. ''I think of fruit as food. Maybe pick something more plausible for a comparison, like animals. On the other hand, I wouldn't say no to lemonade.'', he'd chuckle faintly. Honestly, as soon as Hyde mentioned fruit, it just made him think of eating. Who cares about associations in that sense.

At the following prompt, he would sort of facepalm. How did that..? ''No. God no. Bad Hyde. That's not what I meant.'', he would jokingly scold the redhead. But really, how did the younger man come up with that? ''Did I just not say that talking wasn't my prefered method? I meant that both ways, though, I'll admit I do somewhat better at talking myself than listening for a long period of time.'', he would kind of explain, before squinting at the redhead, contemplating something. Maybe....no. ''And I like having the driver's seat, but I'm afraid it won't do here. I'm stuck in a small moving space, surrounded by liquid that does no help. I'd rate it 1 out of 10 if it wasn't for the fact that the cold weather annoys me.'', he'd complain half-heartedly sinking a bit more into the water.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Well, you could consider this as your training wheels. Can’t let you go off on your own just yet unless I think that you’ll be ok when you are at the helm of things. This can serve as good practice, and some of the situations might be even more limited and uncomfortable ones.” Hyde did have a point; you don’t necessarily get to choose your location when you are in the drivers seat, you would have to go with the flow mostly and make sure that you don’t mess up along the way.

“Aww come-on, I thought you lived for the spontaneous moments that we go through sometimes? They really are fun.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:07 pm

''...???...''

Now, Sharaku was officially confused. What was Hyde even on about? Training for what exactly. Right now, he wasn't entirely sure what was Hyde's idea of 'leading'. What was he supposed to do? He figured he could just throw the redhead out of the tub for good measure, but that most likely wouldn't do. ''What am I, a kid? What practice do you even mean? If you want, I can flip you over, but I'm afraid I'd cause a tsunami that way. Otherwise, no idea what you're looking for here. I can't exactly lead anything when sitting in a limited space of water. I am not uncomfortable or anything, but I'm not getting what to even do in this situation.'', he would frown a little. ''Be my guest and give an idea, and I just might, because I think nothing comes to mind.'' He would actually love to hear what Hyde's deal was. Even if he was to take it literally, there was no way. You can't drive in water after all.

He would wave his hand at Hyde's exclamation of dissapointment. ''Depends on what you define spontaneous as. I don't think we see the word the same way.'', he would hum faintly. ''Speaking of which, what do you even mean by that? I don't even know what from my previous words prompted this.'' Ugh, he was really feeling stuck now. He wasn't understanding Hyde's current motion at all. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:39 pm

“You seem so distressed, sometime I think you need a hug when you get like that….lol..” Hyde literally started to laugh as he placed a hand on Sharaku’s shoulder. “ Take a deep breath brother, I just wanted to know what kind of things you would come up with if it was up to you to start and lead a conversation. It was mostly done out of curiosity, but guess I should even the playing field by giving you a hint.” Hyde would then think of something to talk about. “How about something controversial? What’s going on between you and Shun? Describe your relationship with him, if it’s not too private to ask”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Distressed? More like perplexed, and badly. ''I..what?'' Sharaku would stare at Hyde for a while, having literally no response to that. A hug...for what? Of course he was all over the place, when Hyde thew out such vague speeches that just made him wonder what was expected of him in the first place. ''I am perfectly fine.'', he would state firmly, a while later, after composing his thoughts into something intelligible. He wasn't going to let Hyde trip him up much more than he already was.

.....Come on. ''Hyde? If I may ask. When was the last time you cleaned your ears? I think I've already said twice that I'm not talking about me giving you a speech here. Why do you insist on that? So much for being worried about my distress, when you're the one causing it. Maybe I should just go take a nap. Or throw you out of the water. That would be a good way to entertain myself without involving any philosophical talking. Speaking of that, who ever said a longwinded conversation is the right way to go? Actions can tell more than mere words more often than not, so why should I bother wasting my breath, when I know a solid conversation is not my strongest point? You know, sure, going out of the way is not a bad thing, but I don't see a reason for it. I can speak when needed, but I prefer not to unless actually necessary for the situation on hand. I won't get plus points for rambling on the battlefield or the like. Nor for telling an information in the longest way possible, if I could just give people a short rundown. Therefore, I don't see a reason to insist on something like this. I'm sure it's less troubling on one's hearing as well. Which reminds me, am I grating your ears YET? He was literally just saying whatever came to mind right there and then. Let's see what Hyde makes out of that. Fun? He personally often got lost when having to listen to a lot of talk. And Hyde was a master of that. Still, wasn't it more peaceful to be to the point, rather than involving pointless random observations, and unusable stories in the middle of a speech? He had never understood how was talking a lot so interesting to do. He was doing this just to spite Hyde, and see whether the redhead enjoyed having stuff blurted out at him quickly, and in one go.

He would whistle innocently after that. ''Now, actually on topic. It's complicated. We both get along and don't. What exactly do you want to know? Since I don't think I want to unnecessarily waste even more of my breath right now.'', he'd finally take the liberty to respond to what Hyde so nicely suggested as a topic. He wouldn't say that was the best thing to start off with as a conversation, but he'd humor the redhead for now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:44 pm

Hyde did exactly what he said he would do, he folded his arms and listened to Sharaku speak. When Sharaku asked if he was grating his ears, Hyde shook his head. “ No, of course not. I’m listening….” Hyde wasn’t an easily person to be rattled or bothered, and he enjoyed listening to Raku talking. IT didn’t really matter to him when it came about the content, it was just mostly based off of what his friend thought in the first place. “Well, about the shun thing, I figured that something would be going on from the way he chases you. I guess dating would be a bit of a forward statement, but I was wondering if you two were that fond of each other like that, or you don’t see him that way?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Sharaku would frown briefly. ''You're completely missing my point, but whatever.'', he'd complain blankly, closing his eyes. ''No fun.'' His interest in talking was actually even lower than normal when Hyde just sat there like a statue, and remained silent. That was just like talking to a wall, and he could do that without the redhead if he ever felt the need to. Besides, he had been trying for something else in the first place. Tsk. Either way.

''Yes and no. I'm fine with him, but to be honest, we disagree a lot. I'm no good with the kind of feelings he's after, and I'm afraid that him complaining about it won't solve much. Things can't be done with a wave of a magic wand.'', he'd say, shrugging. To say the truth, that subject was just meh. Not that he believed Hyde would understand much. Did the redhead even know anything specific about dating, and what all this involved, or was just asking because? Really. If it was the latter, he wasn't sure he felt like explaining. He was not the one for that job.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Woah woah woah!” Hyde would say, stopping the flow of the conversation and poking Sharaku’s left nipple. “Don’t you ever associate me with anything that’s not fun. I’m fun! Or I’d like to think that I’m fun. As for that long speed you had back there, is that how I sound sometimes when I go on and on without giving the other person a chance to talk?” Hyde would say that while scratching his head, was he really like that? “I just picked something that’s controversial, it’s not like I understand relationships like that anyway. Anyway, no hints this time, why don’t you pick something else?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:26 am

''Mhn..?'' Sharaku would give Hyde a puzzled look, shifting away from the poking finger a bit. ''What are you doing..?'' He was rather baffled at the moment. Poke, okay, but why not elsewhere...? Depending on the context, this could be taken quite weirdly. Thankfully, he knew that Hyde probably did not think about what he was even doing. Still didn't change the fact that it was something you don't normally do so casually.

He would flash Hyde a smirk afterwards. ''I can do what I want. And no one is fun all the time, so you aren't either. And yes, depending on what you're talking about, you can be. Still, I wasn't necessarily refering to that.'', he would state, before rolling his eyes and imitating Hyde's previous pose with his arms crossed. ''I mean this. I was trying to get a response out of you, not a silent statue. You know, what's the point of talking, when the only thing I get in return is the fact that you're listening. I could just as well be talking to a wall in that case, and get almost the same result. I'd call it demotivation.'' Afterall, a conversation is supposed to be input, and output, no? What good did it do to waste breath on a long speech, and get 3 words in return? That wasn't much of a fair exchange. Not worth it in his mind. He could just convey the same meaning in a shortened version, and be done with it.

''Can I just pick not talking? I'm getting tired of this. Can't concentrate anyway.'' He just felt like a piece of jelly right now. Honestly, the longer they spent sitting there, the less talk would Hyde get to hear. That one speech was an exception, and he had to go quite out of his way for it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 5:30 pm

I guess you’re right, it’s about time we got on out of here, and we have been sitting around for about an hour now. “ Hyde would get out of the water and reach over for his towel. He would then wring out his rag on the cement floor. “Alright, maybe we should start to dry ourselves off and head on over to the restaurant indoors. Did you know? There was an all you can eat buffet inside of the this place, all azores style foods. Maybe we could settle our hunger there?” Hyde would then wait for Sharaku to get out of the water while Hyde wrapped his towel around his waist.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Sharaku would snort vaguely. ''And once again, you're only responding to my last comment. Is there any problem, or do you just like passing over what I say? I even asked you something.'', he would inquire as he watched the redhead wade out. He didn't want to be bothered by that, but it could be annoying. He was saying something, and Hyde just chose to totally ignore more than half of it. What was he, talking to the air? Hyde's all, go talk, and then doesn't respond in return. Pff, why should he go out of his way then? He wasn't here to tell stories for his own amusement.

He would follow Hyde out with a sigh. ''No, I didn't know. Nor did I say I was hungry. But if you want to.'', he would shrug, not really bothering to keep correcting the redhead at the moment. He didn't mind it as a suggestion, but the way Hyde put it, made it seem like a sure thing. He hadn't mentioned he wanted to eat, had he? Hm.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 7:30 pm

You asked if you could pick not talking, I was under the assumption that you were getting tired of the water, so we could finish our conversation while eating if you didn’t mind. I was actually starting not to feel so good, so I figured that I wouldn’t be able to keep up if I stayed in there for too long. Sorry, I was worried about you being in the water for too long, and here I am being the first one wanting to get out of it. “ Hyde was having a latent headache that didn’t seem to be pounding, but it was there. He thought it would be a good time to eat and hope it will go away.
Once they changed and went to the buffet, Hyde would pried to pay for himself. “ I know you don’t like it when I pay for you, so we could start getting out plates after you do. “ As hyde walked forward, he would look back at Sharaku. “I’m sorry about that Raku, I didn’t really want to punk out to early. But then I made it seem like I wasn’t listening to you at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand & Snow [Hyde]
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next