Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sand & Snow [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Then I guess everything about these angels, you don’t believe in that either? If you managed to side with an angel whose ideals you agree with and win whatever game that’s planned, wouldn’t you be supporting a wish that you in fact always wanted for yourself? It’s simple, practical, believable… of all the things we have in front of our faces… that’s the one thing I think you’ll be able to believe… As for me…….” Hyde would take out a coin and close his eyes briefly, flipping the coin in the well. “I guess we are all entitled to believe whatever we want. “ Hyde decided that it was up to Sharaku to come up with his own answer to stick with his own claims about everything

“Anyway if you aren’t tired of hanging out with me already, we could have a seat over there. “ Hyde would say as he pointed at the bench close to the fountain, it was one of his favorite places to sit in fact. There are times when it’s a lot warmer that Hyde gets to see the little kids play around the water fountain.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Sharaku would just sigh, rolling his eyes at the redhead. ''Were you NOT listening to me? I said there's a difference between things like that and a lame piece of metal. Techincally speaking, the Angels might have that power, yes, and I'm not going to argue against that. However, I think in the end, that exact choice of a wish is what might split us all apart. Think about it. Everyone wants something else, and fighting for one side just puts you against other people, with no guarantee you will end up winning. And if you do? Plenty people who believed in something else would end up being unhappy with your choice. Not everyone can have what they want, therefore it is not as simple as you put it, nor practical, really, because no matter what comes in the end, someone will be on the losers' side.'', he would shake his head. ''I can have faith all I want, but ultimately it may mean nothing. Life isn't fair, and I'm somehow doubting it would ever be, the way things are headed.'' The set up they had was honestly not very favorable. A few people deciding the fate of the world, being given different choices from several Angels? All it will lead to is competition, and in the end, only one side can win, putting all the rest down in misery. Was that even fair game? All of them would be fighting for what they wish, yet, a good majority would not get it. If all it took was believing, then world would be an awesome place. Maybe everyone should live in their own world or something.

''Tired wouldn't be the right word anyway. Nor do I mind. I'm the one who asked you out in the first place.'' And he frankly thought it would go much better than this. Tsk, maybe he should start taking into account that him plus other people never went completely smoothly. Disregarding that always tripped him up in some way or form. That said, he would go sit down, staring ahead in a non-specific direction.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 pm

I was listening, I’m not necessarily happy with everything that’s headed to us either. I doubt that we all would want the same thing, but I would consider this as a test overall. A test to see if bonds could necessarily overcome such ordeals, but like you said human beings are pretty selfish in some cases. Though, I would like to think that we all had a pretty good chance of seeing this through together. “ That the way that Hyde had in mind, but that was completely dependent on the others. Could this really split them apart?

“Ahh, that’s right. You did invite me, I really thought that it was a special occasion that my best friend would invite me out without me pestering him initially. At the very most, I would have figured that we could have fun today; I don’t think that the day is completely unsalvageable. I mean, we just gotta pull ourselves back into a good mood, but I don’t really know how to do that. But it doesn’t mean that I won’t keep trying.“ Hyde would say with an embarrassingly laugh. He was pretty stuck at the moment when it came to this particular vibe. “ What about you? What was your initial idea planned for today?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:58 pm

''Right. A test that could easily turn us against each other.'' Sharaku would snort, almost amused by the prospect. ''Sounds like a ton of fun to me.'' His tone was obviously sarcastic right there. ''You'd like to think that it will work out, but what if everything outside you thinks differently?'', he would look Hyde up and down thoughfully. ''Answer me this then. Hypothetically speaking, let's say there's me as your best friend, then you'd have a girlfriend you care about a lot. We would each follow a different Angel with very different goals and war against each other. Who would you pick to follow, hm?'', he'd ask, keeping a steady gaze at the redhead for a response.

''Not really special...I just wanted to...Nevermind.'', he would frown, looking off to the side. It wasn't working anyway, he had proof of that already. ''Good mood...'', he'd mutter. ''My mood is finicky. I can't sprout sunshine on command.'', he would sigh with a slightly bothered expression. ''I did not really have a specific plan, because I can never think of any when it concerns you. After all, you always manage to twist an activity in a different direction it originally went in.'', he would shrug, choosing not to elaborate on anything exact.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:25 pm

What’s the point of having our own wish if we end up going along with others instead of our own purpose and reasoning? I don’t know about you, but I can’t live like that, I would want my own wish to be genuine and come from the heart. Depending on the angel, if I agree with that and you do as well, then I would most likely be agreeing with you. I wouldn’t want to split up the team or lose you. If I had someone as close to me as you said, I wouldn’t want to lose that person either.” Hyde would sigh as he looked up at the sky. “ I would follow my own path and make sure that my wish ensures that everyone involved wouldn’t necessarily lose as well. No one has to die, and we shouldn’t have to hurt each other as well…”

Hyde would then look back at sharaku. “You just wanted to what? I’m sure that we had this talk before it’s a no judgmental zone when you are with me. Speak your mind freely and fully, I wouldn’t reject you for it. “ Hyde would the laugh and rubbed his head. “I’m sorry about the whole plans thing I seem to think of things to do off the fly, I never really plan anything, even when I say that I do. I know it can be a bit irritating at times, especially if it looks like I carjacked any kind of direction you had In mind for this day to go.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Was that so? ''I see. On the other hand, I still think you contradict yourself in a way. A wish that is altered to ensure everyone you care about gets something. Is that your own then? If you happen to genuinely disagree with someone you care for, would you still try to make it better for them? It wouldn't be what you yourself wish for in your heart then anymore, would it? Your own path, eh? And if someone dislikes that, and actually attempts to end your life, will you let them or? Because no one has to die? I happen to either not understand your way, or see a lot of plotholes in it.'', he'd stare at Hyde for a while, before giving a halfhearted shrug. ''What do I know, however? Sometimes, I'm not even sure whether I have a heart anymore.'' It felt like it, at times.

He would frown at the redhead, but answer anyway. ''I wanted to try if I could spend time with you without it ending in something like this, or me getting too annoyed in general. And I guess it doesn't work.'' That's how it was, right? ''I'm trying to accomodate that...but I'm just tired...'', he'd mutter, trailing off at Hyde's explanation about 'carjacking'. With that, he would lean backwards against the bench, closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:29 pm

“ I don’t know, but ill figure something out. Maybe my selfish wish is to lose nothing that's important to me.” Hyde didn’t really know what to do if he was face to face with someone that didn’t like his ideals and tried to end his life. Would it be as easy as some people made it seem? To fight back and even kill the person that was in their way? Hyde wasn’t too sure if he could keep doing this anymore, he hoped that it would be for the last time in the other world. However, it seems as if fate has different plans for them.

“I’m sorry; I guess I ruined that with flying colors. Though, friends fight as well. It’s not necessarily based off of perfect connections without any sort of time that we bump heads. I think that things might even get better after we bump heads every now and again. We learn something about each other and we learn something about ourselves, and then our bonds might even become stronger for it. “ Hyde frowned when sharaku mentioned being a bit tired. “ If physically, we could always get a coffee. If mentally, I could show you a few yoga poses that always helps me clear my head.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Sharaku would blink a few times. That was all, eh? ''Hm. Good luck on that one. I am not sure whether that is possible in the kind of world we have. I commend you for wanting to attempt that, if nothing else.'', he would comment calmly with a thin smile. If that was what Hyde wanted, it was his call. But he wasn't going to think it was an easy task, no matter what.

''Hm?'', he would draw his eyebrows together. ''Hold on a moment. I never said it was you who did anything. In fact, I'd say I am the one that started this whole fight.'' After all, he was the one to blow at Hyde, not the other way around. A few blinks later. Well. ''Either that, or we get so mad we'll just break it off.'', he would huff, though moreso jokingly this time. ''Where do you buy your optimism from? You make it seem like they hand it out for free somewhere.'' Yeah, as if that was possible. Either way. ''Mentally, I suppose...but I don't think that will help...I just, everything I do ends up in some sort of struggle...why does life have to be so tiring all the time....''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:37 pm

“On the contrary, it’s because of the world that we live in that anything is possible here. I’ll find a way to make sure this selfish dream of mine comes true, then, maybe I could make as many people as happy as I can along the way. “ Hyde laughed at the joke about his endless amount of optimism. “ Well, It’s pretty safe to say that I have more than enough left over to give. It’s just a matter of if you manage to want what I’m selling. “ Hyde would say with a smirk he was just as jokingly fun with his words as Sharaku was. “ Well…. I think that the struggles that you go through are just as important they are apart of the journey through life. If life was as easy as some would think, there would be no suicides right? The obstacles help shape your personality and resolve, and I think you would be stronger for it I you manage to live through it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 pm

''Well, do whatever makes you happy.'' Honestly, Sharaku had no will to keep arguing over the subject by now. He wasn't even irritated anymore, just sort of complacent. He usually didn't get angry for too long. Sure, he could blow hard, but only for a short time period before he deflated straight back down. Unless the argument kept being fueled on purpose, it wouldn't last very long. That's just how it was.

''I get it. You're owerflowing with it. Guess that explains a lot of what you do. You should go donate.'', he'd jab back, igoring the part about him wanting it. That would most likely just develop into another discussion he did not feel like facing at all. ''Hm. Easy to say, don't you think?'', he'd mutter, looking up into the sky. Some people lived a fancy life for pretty much free, and it did not necessarily make them weaker, or being unable to have a strong resolve. Was pain that necessary? He would cast a solemn glace at the redhead. ''You know, I have actually considered suicide a few times in the past. But then again, whatever is after death may just be worse than life.'' Wouldn't that be ironic?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Hyde frowned when Sharaku mentioned that, he didn’t know his friend actually considered it. “ With all of the experiments being done to you, your whole body changing and being separated from your family I wouldn’t blame you. Some would want to give up at that point, but that’s why I admire you as well. No matter what, you didn’t give up on your life you kept going through the pain and the tears. It’s funny you should mention that… that’s the question that I’m trying to answer currently. What happens after you die, that is…”
Hyde took a deep breath, remembering the entire wild card conversation he had with alphonso.” Death is definitely something we have to consider; things that live will eventually pass on as well. However, it’s due to that reason that I always try to go through each day with a smile on my face. You know?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 am

Hm. ''Admire, eh? And I, on the other hand, just keep wondering why do I even keep doing it. Sure, I am better off than I had been in the past...but, is it worth it? I can't say I know that. I have a hard time understanding what exactly it is that supposedly makes life amazing.'' He couldn't say life had ever been kind to him without a reason. He always had to get what he wanted with his own hands. It sounded fair at first, but when one considers that some people are lucky enough to be born to a family where they have to do nothing, and get whatever they wish for...it doesn't seem so anymore. It all depended on coincidence...and those that got a bad roll? Well, too bad for them.

''...What reason would you have to think of that now? I thought your dream was to have no one dying. Why ponder over death unnecessarily then?'' Sharaku would give Hyde a slightly puzzled look. Why would Hyde, out of all people need to know that, after saying no one should be dying? He would frown a little at the next words. ''Consider yes, but aren't you a bit young to think of that already? I didn't think you would want to test dying now. Still, what is there to smile about? I can't do that genuinely for no reason. I've never felt the need to smile just because one more day passed with me alive. Then again, what defines happiness in the first place...?'' At times, he wasn't sure he even knew what it meant to be happy. Mainly when he saw others be joyful about something. He had never felt like acting that way...or at least couldn't remember an occassion like that. Was there a special reason for it? He could pull off the image of being content with something, but...he rarely actually felt that way for real. Frankly, he tended to just draw a neutral line over everything in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 5:33 pm

The simple fact out of thousands and thousands of sperm, you were the one that made it to the egg first. You were the one that got a chance to live out of all of them which means your will to live was much stronger but of all of them. There was no luck there, I’m pretty sure if you faltered in the inside, you wouldn’t have made it on the outside. Life is basically about the struggles, making the most of what you have, enjoying it, and the legacy that you leave behind. “ Hyde would then pat on Sharaku’s shoulder with a smile. “You’re here….. you made it…. And I’m glad you did….”
Hyde gave a deep sigh as sharaku asked what made him want to think about it. “ Well, there is an off chance that my actions aren’t very redeemable to say the least. There could be one thing that I did that I can’t really come back from. I remember a meeting we had a long time ago when I tied to explain something new that happened to me. I couldn’t explain it clearly so I guess you guys brushed me off. I received a power called the wild card, it’s when I have access to other persona’s besides my own, and their power reflect the bonds that I made with others. I guess this is a fun fact, but the strongest persona that I have right now is yours, which means I’m the closest to you out of everyone. “

Then there was the down side.” The downside is that…. At the end of this all…. Umm…. Well… I could die. I think that’s the exchange for this power….. “ Hyde never really liked talking about that part. “I chose this power because this was my new home, and you guys are important to me, I wouldn’t want to lose everything. We need all the help we can get; I just didn’t know that it would have literally spelled the end of me. But when I think about all of the sins I committed in the other world I came from, regardless of the fact I did it in the case of survival…. Maybe….. its…. Just going full circle….”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Um, what? Why in the colorful hell did Hyde have to put it this way? People normally don't talk of stuff like that so casually with everyone. That's...logic? Sharaku couldn't resist making a slight face at Hyde's words. Really. ''...Is there a reason why did this turn into a sex related talk all of a sudden? Do you even know what you're talking about..?'', he would shake his head, not sure whether to be amused, or just taken aback by this. ''Speaking of which, I can't say I'm really enjoying life that much. It's honestly nothing to be overjoyed about from my point of view.'' Even though he managed to gain some things with time, he wouldn't say he actually felt happy as it was now.

He would frown when Hyde tried to explain. Seriously now? Nothing against the redhead but...wasn't knowing the terms of contract the first sensible step when faced with such a thing? Hello..? Who accepts a deal that big without knowing what is the price for it? ''You....think?'', he would give Hyde an incredulous look. ''And how does that happen? You don't even know? I personally was under the impression that a person that has their head in the right spot makes sure what all is included in a contract before accepting or signing one. How can you agree without knowing a price, mainly when you can clearly see you're getting something big? It's blaringly obvious it wouldn't be for a little penny. I thought it's common sense to make sure...'', he was honestly not sure how to feel about it.

'Could die?'. It's been ages since that meeting, and the redhead was still only making guesses now? ''How long has it been since you got it? I mean, seriously, how can you be only questioning the possible payment now? You say you could die. You don't even know for sure after all the time?'' This was seriously rather exasperating. What was really up with Hyde's brain? Goes on a rant about how struggling to live is important, but does not even check something so grave.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 pm

I was having nightmares lately, so I wanted to think it over. When I spoke to Alphonse, I mentioned the words that appeared in my mind after I signed the contract. All it really said that I would have to take responsibility for my actions, but then the words “Memento Mori” popped up. After asking Alphonse, it means, “Remember, you will die.” So..... does that means I’ll die? I don’t know, but I guess it’s too late to egret my decision, that’s one thing I’d like to avoid… regrets…”
Hyde wasn’t feeling as bad as he was when he spoke to alphonse about it. “ Sorry about the sex thing, I didn’t know how else to explain myself or make a proper comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand & Snow [Hyde]
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next