Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sand & Snow [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:56 am

Sharaku would furrow his brows when Hyde launched a speech at him, before sliding down mostly underwater, blowing a few bubbles. ''Exactly that.'', he'd mutter. ''I've spent approximately the last 9 years on my own. I had no one to celebrate with. What was I supposed to do, put a party had on my head for a day? I just got used to not making a fuss over it by now.'' Hyde's talk about friends was kind of moot for him, in regards to the past. Perhaps, now was a little different, but he had been talking about what was before when he mentioned he had no serious reason.

''Erm. I don't think witches and cakes go together well. Unless you plan on cooking some sort of bubbling mess, it'd just look out of place.'' Frankly, he had no idea what was the redhead tyring for with this suggestion exactly, but it didn't make much sense. Unless, Hyde was commenting on the whole poison deal, though, witches didn't always make toxic stuff, did they? ''Well, do what you want. I'm not stopping you.'' Besides, that was practically impossible, even if he wanted to. Hyde would do it anyway, no matter what. That much he already knew.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Aww, cheer up man. I was only joking with you. I was kind of hoping that you would play along.” Hyde would say as he gave Sharaku a nice pat on the back. There were a bunch of people having their own conversations as Sharaku and Hyde spoke with each other. “You know, i feel as if the reason why people move around a lot is because they can’t really find themselves stable at one spot for too long. Besides the beauty and the culture there is always the alluring presence of other things that prompts them to stay.”

Hyde was quiet for a moment before he decided to ask Sharkau.” I know you like to travel a lot, and maybe I don’t have the right to ask this because it is your life. But with all the friends you made and the fun you had, all of the memories. Do you think that enough for you to stay in Azores with us? Maybe I’m not asking the question properly, and maybe this is an assumption that I’m basing off of myself. But I always seem to be searching for something that I can’t really explain, I thought we were the same… you know?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow. ''I think I didn't get the punch line of that joke.'' Whether it actually was a joke or not, it didn't really strike him as that funny. Maybe they had a different sense of humor. Either that, or warm water slowed down his thought process. He would follow up with a confused look, when Hyde suddenly brought up moving. What did that have to do with the current conversation? He hadn't even mentioned that. Why was the redhead talking about it out of the blue? He was kind of lost. ''Maybe for some, but I doubt that's the only possible reason.'', he would state somewhat unsurely. He had no idea what was this all about.

''Why are you even asking that all of a sudden? I never said I plan on leaving anytime soon.'', he would state, kind of out of the loop. Maybe he still wasn't used to the randomness. Why change the subject in the middle of a talk with nothing leading up to it logically? That only served to confuse him. This had pretty much nothing to do with the previous talk, and he just wasn't getting it right now. He himself had been talking about something else, and Hyde just goes and responds with a completely different topic. Where's the timeline in that?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:43 pm

“I know that, sorry. I guess my mind is moving all over the place. It must be because of the warm water, I can’t seem to stay on one topic for too long.” Hyde would give off a shy laughter, he wasn’t too sure if it was the water or if it was just him mentioning too many things at one.” Well, you know how random I could get at times. I just think about things and end up saying too many things at once. Sometimes I wonder how I would be if I was a rather quiet individual. Well, it’s not too far off of how I used to be.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 pm

''Warmth makes your mind hyperactive?'' Or so it appeared from Hyde's explanation. Which, Sharaku found fairly amusing, considering that it was the exact opposite for him. As much as he complained about the cold weather, his thinking seemed to get worse in extreme heat. Maybe he wasn't resistant to brain fry, boil, or whatever. He would hum faintly. ''You didn't necessarily say too much, more like you jumped from one subject to another a bit too quickly for me to follow. I mean, we weren't talking about travelling to begin with.'' That was the only troubling element there. Right now at least.

''Being quiet would probably make you look depressing.'', he'd guess with a faint shrug. It was rather opposite of what Hyde usually did, so it would just seem that somethign was wrong, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Really? I would seem depressed? I guess that appearance would definitely see like a thing. I wonder what you would think if I was quiet and I had a pair of reading glasses on, would I seem like a book worm too?” Hyde was laughing again, he thought that the appearances of some people could leave off the wrong impression. You know, I personally don’t like to judge off of appearances. One of the students of my school is a victim of the perception of our peers, even the teachers look at him funny. I kind of feel sorry for him, and I wonder why things have to be like that.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 pm

''Can't say. Depends on whether you'd act the bookworm part too, instead of just looking it. Appearance isn't everything. I said you'd seem depressed because I know that's not what you usually do. It'd be obvious something's up, if you started acting that way without a reason.'' Sharaku would huff. Of course, in case Hyde was like that from the start, he wouldn't assume such a grim possibility right away. But, with what he knew so far, it would be weird nowadays. That was what he was going off of with his answer, not just the initial appearance. Afterall the saying 'Don't judge a book by its appearance' usually applied. Except certain occasions, that is.

''Well, maybe it doesn't bother him that much? I don't know, but if I were in that situation, I'd say something to prove their assumptions wrong. People can only assume until they see that it's not the truth.'' Really, why would one need to take that even from teachers? It's not that hard to tell people they're wrong. It shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Though, it’ll be to say something. However, something that easy isn’t met with the best results. I mean, If you already tried saying something and it didn’t work, what would do then Raku chan? I wouldn’t want my friend to play into the hands of that and start becoming something that people see him as in spite, other than being himself. As to why I care…. Well…” Hyde would move his hands around the water. “ I always seemed like a person who would end up getting involved no matter what, you know? Maybe there are some things I should stay clear of, but I can’t help it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Sharaku would laugh. ''What would I do? Simple. Ignore them. If they can't get something through their thick skull, then they're not worth my time. Why care what they say, when you know the truth? As long as you have enough confidence in yourself, it's their fault for thinking that way. No need to feel truly affected by that.'' Sure, it could be demotivating, but what was the point of getting upset when you knew they were wrong? That was the worst route to take, and he knew that.

''I don't know how much help can you provide. Think they'll listen to someone random standing up for another person? If your friend is bothered by it, he should try his best to prove them wrong himself. That's the best bet. You can provide him with moral support, but I think that's that.'' If other people assume, they could just as well write off Hyde's defending attempts as assumptions as well. One person will hardly change the opinion of the majority. A hard task to tackle. ''You know, maybe sometimes, you should look out for yourself more than others. It might do you some good.'', he'd declare, splashing some water at the redhead.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:36 am

Ahh! Hey I wasn’t ready!” Hyde would say this as he laughed and splashed Sharaku back. “ It’s a good thing we got used to the water, it would have been an entirely different story if you splashed me before we actually got in.” After he finished having his small laughing fit, Hyde would lean back against the wall and closed his eyes. “Maybe you are right Raku maybe I should look after myself more, but I wouldn’t want to see too selfish. There are people that I care about other than myself, I guess it’s only illogical when I start to look after people I didn’t know as long as you or alphonse.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:47 am

''What do you think would have happened? It's just water. Unless you mean you would have drowned in that case...'', Sharaku would comment flippantly, as he closed his eyes to avoid getting the water in them. That would sting. The rest was whatever, seeing as he was already wet from the start. ''Too selfish? And what is too much in the first place? I could argue that on the other hand, if you keep helping, you'll be seen as overly benevolent. Is that any better? Maybe you should try to balance then.'', he would give Hyde a questioning look. Neither extreme would probably get a good result, unless you knew how to play it well.

''I wouldn't say entirely illogical, but it does make you seem a bit too kindhearted at times. Not everyone will return the favour. When you don't know a person, they might backstab you in return for your reckless choice to be helpful.''
, he would shrug faintly. Being nice all the time was a good gesture, but towards strangers, it could end up being a double-edged sword. How would you know you're not trying to help some uncaring criminal or such? There was something else though....''I wonder...I thought you were being helpful? You dropped the previous subject of your friend rather quickly. Is it just me, or do you always jump topics like that? Sometimes, I feel like you choose to respond only to one part out of all I've said.'', he'd inquire, frowning a bit. He had noticed before, but always forgot to say it. Seriously, however, it often felt like Hyde only took the thing that stood out in consideration, and let the rest float away or replace it with another conversation, whether they were actually finished with it, or not. When looking back, they've jumped several through their short visit here, and it didn't feel like the matters got truly closed in either.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:04 am

Me? Drown? There is no way that would happen. I wouldn’t call myself an Olympic swimmer, but I could tell you that I often excel at sports activities, or any kind of physical activity. However, I wouldn’t stand out too much like a body builder or something, my build isn’t meant for something like that.” Hyde would say this playfully as we thought about the balancing part. “Balancing is pretty hard; I guess you could call me the kind of guy that acts on instinct. I know it’s bad, and I’m trying to change most of my bad habits, but it isn’t something that’s going to happen overnight.”

Hyde would stay silent for a moment until Sharaku called him out on being too kind and the fact that he liked to jump topics. “ I don’t usually do it for people to owe me anything, but you are right about being more reserved when it comes to the I associate with. Not everyone’s going to take my actions as well as you do, and we even we have a bumpy ride from time to time. “ Hyde would then give Sharaku an innocent look and raise his hands. “Ok, you got me. Sometimes feel as if I don’t have a proper answer to some of the things you inquire about. I guess if this was a conversation where there are no right answers, and maybe it is. However, I get a bit nervous and dodge it all together. It’s not that I Dont want to talk about it Raku…
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:27 am

...Then what was the problem again? ''Why were you worried then? I don't think doing it beforehand would have made a big difference, right?'' Sharaku wasn't really grasping the concept. What exactly would make the splash worse, if not that? The temperature difference? It wasn't searing hot, so he doubted that one. Hm, maybe he should give up. This kind of thinking did him no good. ''Splendid.'', he would mutter at Hyde's explanation about the balance. ''I can't say I don't do that myself, but the difference probably is, that my instincts don't have the habit of telling me to help anyone I see. Quite the opposite, actually.'', he would retort in an amused tone. Perhaps that was where they differed so much. Technically, he did act on instinct a lot himself, but it was on a whole other line. If he wanted to be helpful, he often had to go out of his way, and ignore what he'd do without thinking first.

He would close his eyes, trying to think. ''Maybe you don't do it with the intention to make people owe you, but it's kind of natural for one to feel that way when they get something for free. Unless they're the greedy type that doesn't care. Then, they'd probably just demand you to keep doing it on your expense.'' Honestly, he'd say it's never too easy to just take a favour from someone you don't know very well, without feeling like freeloading at all. When Hyde explained his jumps, he would raise an eyebrow. ''You nervous? How does that happen? Besides, who says you need a proper answer. You said you act on instinct. Then why not just say what is on your mind at the time? Or do you think I'd bite off your head? Though, maybe it would be tasty...'', he'd counter, with a faint laugh at the end. He hadn't expected Hyde to be the type to be afraid of saying something wrong. After all, no one was always right.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:59 am

No I don’t think you are that cruel about it, I hope I could keep my head in tact. Then again, the things that come out of my mouth could be a little wild sometimes.” Hyde would share a laugh with Sharaku.” Well, you ae one of the very few that I’m the closest with. As a matter of fact, I am the closest with you the most. Though, when I think about how we used to argue and get off on the wrong foot, I became a bit picky at what should say or what I feel like saying unconsciously.” It was a bit off topic, but hide did start to think about it

“You know, if I had a flavor, it would be some cray blend of fruit punch. I’m pretty sure I would taste pretty good to you if you was a fan of it. For as long as I known you, you kind of strike me as a black berry kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:22 am

Hm. Sharaku would make circles in the water with his hand thoughfully. ''Well, if I were to be cruel, it would be much worse than just your head getting bitten off.'' He wasn't lying about this one. Getting rid of Hyde's head would be the nicest thing he could do in case he wanted to hurt the redhead. He would lean his head back at the next words. ''As long as the wild part stays in words, I think I can live it. It'd be more problematic if you actually kept doing what you're saying as well. We argued yes, but I'm kind of tired of that. To be frank I'm not the best conversationalist most of the time. It's not my thing, even though I keep trying to do just that.'', he'd say in a lighthearted tone, looking upwards at the ceiling.

''Hm? I'm fine with fruit. I think I'd be more worried if you tasted like vegetables.'', he'd comment, blinking a few times at the sudden statement. Before making a slight face. ''I don't know. I don't like black berries much. How about lemon?'', he'd stick his tongue at Hyde. Was there a reason everyone associated him with something black...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sand & Snow [Hyde]   Sand & Snow [Hyde] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand & Snow [Hyde]
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next