Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chance

Chance

The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:08 pm

"Shadows exterminated." Chance would raise her compendium and watch it vanish in an azure light. However, even after the Shadows were destroyed, the sky still seemed tinted red and things were not returning to normal. Was there a chance that more Shadows were still outward in the carnival? Looking towards Naito-san and Azame-kun, the Attendant would bite her lip. "I see. The sky is still blood red even after we have eliminated the Shadows. Does this mean there are more somewhere in the Carnival, or is it possible this area will always be masked in the Red Mist? Should we search the other end of the carnival just to make sure we're not missing something?" The Attendant, who was still currently dressed like an average schoolgirl, patted her skirt and awaited a reply from her team mates. Well, her guest and other, but in this moment she saw them like her own siblings. She wouldn't want either of them to suffer the same fate as the unfortunate ones who had been trapped in Limbo previously.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 am

Seeing the tower go down, Kahn would do a quick fist pump, "Alright, nice work everyone we took them down. Now everything should...." He would trail off as he looked at the sky seeing that it remained a crimson red, "Not change...at....all?" A puzzled look crossed his face, Chance suggested that there were more shadows. That seemed logical, but where were they? The red haired young man ordered his persona to return to the card from whence it came. The knight would fade away almost immediately. Naito took charge and said that they were going to need to do another sweep of the carnival and head toward the other end of the carnival and that he would need Kahn's radar ability. Furthermore, his classmate warned that they would need to stay low and out of sight, lest other shadows find them. Kahn would return the nod and follow Naito, but choose not to summon his own weapon due to the additional weight. Not that it wasn't anything he could handle, he just had to keep up with Naito.

"There were no other signatures around here from what my last scan detected, it only detected the two shadows we fought and you two. Furthermore, I should warn you that my scan has a limited range, and I can only use it when I am standing still. So I propose we get within a good distance of the other end of the carnival before having me scan again." He would inform his two allies, before returning to weaving his way through the crowd. However, this thoughts drifted toward the situation they were in. What did the Masked Man mean by where the clowns meet? If he wasn't here than where? Where else did clowns meet? Maybe he didn't mean literal clowns, but figurative ones or fools? Too many questions, not enough answers. However, they soon got close enough to the other side, and he would come to a stop and call out to the others.

"Hold up, we ought to be in range now. Just give me a second...." Kahn would pause for a moment, and activate his radar. After a moment he would open his eyes, he had multiple readings. He pointed toward the readings, "I have four readings that way. One confirmed shadow and three unidentified sources of power. Could be persona users or it might be something else." He would say, before gesturing the others to follow him. They took a right at upcoming intersection, and then ran down that way a little bit. Kahn saw something that looked like a wooden tank of some sort, but the red aura it gave off informed Kahn that it was the shadow he sensed earlier. The identity of the three tags were obscured by the shadow's large body.

"Can't see them from here...keep low, I think we can get a good view from that game stand over there." He would tell the others and quickly lead them over to the stand. It appears that even the goldfish were in a catatonic....or maybe they were dead. Peering out from the stand, Kahn would look at the three unidentified tags. After about half of minute, he identified all three of them. Lorielle, Gabby, and.....the criminal Kogami? While he was confused as to why Lorielle and Gabby were working with Kogami, he realized that his friends were in danger. He looked to the others, "Come on we gotta help them! That shadow could kill them!"

Stats::

Skills Used::
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:42 pm

The Attendant followed along with the two humans while staying rather quiet. For some reason she was contemplating her own actions. Would she be punished for this? She was dressed like a human, and even assisting the humans with matters that dealt with their own world. For someone so committed to her duties, she was surely neglecting them right now. It caused her to become flustered as she ran behind Naito-san and Azame-kun. When the red headed User pinpointed the direction of another Shadow, the Attendant found some hope and a smile. "So then this means maybe if that Shadow is destroyed, this area will return to normal?" Chance spoke to the two Users with a hushed tone as the group moved behind a stand to watch. These three other users they had come across were strange. They were not guests of the Velvet Room, and their powers did not seem as pure as that of the actual Users.. And one of those Personas seemed rather familiar. Who were they, and were they a threat?

The Attendant stroked her face while thinking, but when Kahn spoke out loud about helping them, she placed her soft hand over his mouth. "Wait a second, Azame-kun.." She spoke in a hushed tone while placing a finger on her own lips in the "shh" manner. "It would be unwise to reveal ourselves to others, would it not? They seem to be handling their own, so this gives us time to determine exactly what is happening, doesn't it? Rushing from battle to battle is headstrong, but rather foolish. Please understand this." The "female" Attendant released her hand from the boys mouth and would place them both on her lap while on her knees behind the stand. Her eyes looked over to Naito-san, expecting him to input something. What could he be thinking?
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Kahn found that his message came out muffled as both Chance and the Tsurinai were telling him to be quite. Naito seemed to know more details about Kogami's attack on the school, which was not that surprising considering the fact that he was part of the student council, supposedly where the attack started. Granted, he was not on good terms with Kogami, considering they met after the red haired young man thrashed two of his thugs. Lorielle and Gabby on the other hand....they did not seem like the kind of people who would hang out with a criminal. A dangerous one at that, given what Naito said. Not to mention....Kogami did mention "Persona" and the fact that some of the people with "Persona's" were hunting him. The question is, what side did that place him on. Philemon or Nyarlathotep?  Whatever side he was on....would determine the side that Gabby and Lorielle were on. He turned back to the fight and watched the battle continue, taking in their Persona's in deep detail. Kogami had a winged creature of some sort, Gabby had a creature with the front of a lion, but the back of a fish. Meanwhile, Lorielle had a black figured creature with what looked to be tree branches forming the head. Well, none of them attacked him for as far as he knew. His attacker had a metallic Persona with a treasure chest.

Naito however, interrupted his train of thought with a monologue of how this works to their advantage. How three for many was a good exchange, which it was, but Kahn would grumble a bit. How about no causalities?  That was better than one or three. Furthermore, he went and said that he could not trust them. That was a given for Kogami, and maybe Gabby, but Lorielle? Kahn felt like he could trust her a little bit. Though he did find a few problems with his theory, "I'm not so sure they are associated with the Masked Man, if they were...why not ambush us when we were fighting earlier? Furthermore, I never told anyone about our little plan, or the fact that I have a persona. They would have gotten very little information out of me, nor have they questioned me about supernatural things. The girl with the long hair is the only one I have really talked with, and I kept those conversations to normal observations and knowledge. As for following me, if they were following me as you say....how did they end up on the other side of the park? If they were following us, then they would have remained behind me, not this far away from me. I'm more willing to chalk up their appearance to coincidence then some conspiracy, but you are right. It will be difficult to trust them....now that I know the power they possess." That point he would concede, after all Naito's point about not knowing who they were associated with. They could be allies to the one that attacked them especially if they were Nyarlathotep's pawns.

The silver haired young man then asked Chance to dig up information on them, and why they could use persona's, if they were not guests. Kahn knew the answer to the question, it was one that he was afraid to answer though. He did not know what Naito would do if he told him. Would he seek their destruction or simply see if he could use them. The red haired youth would offer Naito his own theory, granted it was not the one that he was afraid of giving, but it was still an answer. "Well, I didn't know about the Velvet Room or anything when I gained my Persona. Aren't you only a guest when you choose an attendant like Chance or Noctis? At least that is how I assumed it worked, or do you become a guest the moment you awaken to your powers?" This was Kahn's best explanation with what he had experienced. Granted, Noctis' knowledge told him the answer. If Chance said they were not a guest of the Velvet Room, then he would know what side of the three before him stood on. Sadly, it was not his side, but maybe there was no line. They were both fighting Shadows, were they not? They had a common enemy, why not work together like logical people would do. After all the enemy of my enemy, is my friend.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Chance looked back and forth between her guest and Azame-kun. She was looking for her opportunity to say something herself. The red headed user had some valid points, but at the same time she could already see flaws in them. Stroking her cheek, Chance would speak in a soft tone before Naito would respond with his usual bluntness. "Azame-kun, those with the potential have amazing abilities. Just how you are able to be a sensor, they could also have been watching you from afar while here in the carnival. There is also a chance when the Shadows attacked, they attempted to escape but ran into this fellow here. There are too many variables for you to honestly doubt what Naito-san is saying here. Especially since their Persona is not as pure as your own. There is something extremely different between the Persona summoned by a guest of our room, and that of someone who is not a guest. Who's to say they do not have an ability to read minds either? You can not rule these three out as enemies just because of your human emotions for one of them. It could cause not only your downfall, but the downfall of your true allies. For once, think of consequence before taking action." The slender Attendant nodded her head and looked back towards the group of three with worried eyes. "When it comes to being a guest of the room, you have full access. Even my siblings usually send messages out to users specifically aswell. However, out of all my time within the room, I have not seen either of these three mentioned or even within the confines of the room. And with all that is going on in your world, simply trusting them is foolish." With that said, Chance's eyes would shift to look at Naito-san. She would only nod to his demand of learning information about these three. Reaching into her school vest, Chance removed her notebook and began to jot down appearances and information while observing their overall mannerisms, and more.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am

Kahn was paying attention to the battle, and turned toward Chance when she began to refute every single point in his argument. Of course....he had to imagine that the power of the Persona is nearly limitless, regular and logical rules no longer apply. He had to be prepared for the unexpected, and assume almost every situation that was plausible in these scenarios. After all he was not dealing with human thugs, no he was dealing with shadows, and Persona-users. Chance asked him to think about the consequences of his actions, before endangering his true allies. Fair enough of a point, but it was difficult to sit there and watch a friend suffer. A concept he was fairly certain, Naito would not understand. The attendant was just wisely informing him of knowledge he should already have. After all, he knew not to make stupid mistakes like picking fights he could not win. No, one must use strategy and wisdom when fighting an enemy that could be superior to him or herself. A concept that he seemed to have forgotten when it came to his friend....were they even his friend anymore. Based on what Chance said they were undoubtedly pawns of the god of chaos.....would one of these pawns attack him if they knew that he was fighting on Philemon's side?

He looked over to see Naito's scabbard raised and aimed at him. His classmate called him a fool, and the red haired young man did not bother replying. Perhaps he was foolish in light of what Chance told him, revealing himself would have done no favors. As the world returned to normal, he would follow Naito's lead and remain out of sight and mind. His mind was drawn onto ways he could use the information he had on Lorielle, Gabby, and Kogami. Perhaps, he could draw information out of them. Granted, Naito would most likely dismiss what one of them said as lies and deceit, but what if he could guide the topic to the point where they could not lie? Maybe then he could get some truth, and perhaps to the bottom of this. When Naito turned to him, Kahn left thought of subterfuge behind and met his classmate's stare. Naito made one thing clear, endanger his comrades again and he would kill him. That did not surprise 'The Avenger' one bit. In fact he half-expected it, he would merely nod toward the more experienced Persona-user as a sign of acknowledgement. Revenge was something he could understand fairly well, it was a simple feeling that drove many people. Afterwards, he would follow Naito into the Velvet Room, where he assumed they would discuss the next phase.

((Exit))
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 pm

The Attendant followed Naito-san's lead out of the carnival, and when they finally arrived at the entrance to the velvet room, she took a deep breath. Even though the sky returned to normal and the crisis was averted; she could still feel some tension between her guest and the other Persona-User. She had no place to interfere, so instead she stayed quiet and only watched as Naito-san made a threat towards Azame-kun if he ever endangered them again. The slender attendant could say nothing, as her eyes drifted downward and she followed them back into the Velvet Room. Her mind could only wander back to that of the red area, and how she felt in her stomach that this wasn't the last she would see of it.

(exit)
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Users have all ranked up in social link with one another..
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile   The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Masked Invitation - Looking for the Smile
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2