Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->The Arcana

->Dungeon Information

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

Latest topics
» In the Eye of the Storm
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:25 pm by Rumi

» And so it begins [Rumi]
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:08 pm by Rumi

» For Whom The Bell Tolls (Awakening)
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 5:46 pm by Rumi

» Final Zelia III [Cherry]
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 1:30 am by Cherry

» Stroll through the Parco [Cherry x Huayan SL]
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 7:39 pm by Cherry

» An Audience of One [Huayan]
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 5:12 pm by Snow

» Huayan's Log
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 8:28 pm by Huayan

» Just a test
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 4:29 pm by Rumi

» The Host and her Parasite (Cherry Logbook)
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 10:51 am by Cherry

Current Events
Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

In the Eye of the Storm

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zain

Zain

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 2:53 am

The righteous fury of Agnolo's dramatic entrance was soon curtailed by his first exchange of blows. He hissed and recoiled sharply, superficially unwounded, but panting; it had felt as though the thing hadn't carved at flesh, but rather had clawed the breath from his lungs.

""Right!" The dutiful student affirmed, re-fastening his grip on his spear - he had no qualms with falling in with whoever had assumed command of the situation.

Coasting atop the most insurmountable adrenaline high of his life, the confusion surrounding him hardly seemed relevant compared to the battle at hand. Agnolo reached out with another extension of his newfound power, Diomedes' spear rocketing out again towards the foe.

Stats:

Action:

Bonus: +1

Random number (1,6) :

Random number (1,6) :
Back to top Go down
Huayan
Admin
Huayan

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 20, 2024 7:52 pm

The force of the attack would indeed cause the young man to stumble backwards a bit, only avoiding toppling over in any way by using the spear as a makeshift leverage by stabbing it into the ground to then hold onto. The phantom pain was not making things any better for him, honestly the only thing keeping him going right now was probably the sense of self-preservation. No matter how unpleasant things were, it wasn't like giving up and letting himself be an easy target to tear apart was the better option. He was definitely going to be feeling the aftereffects of this once it was all over, but that was for future him to deal with.

It would take a few moments for him to regain his balance enough to be able to pull his weapon back up, squinting at where those creatures were, trying to find a good point to aim at despite some cold sweat getting in the way and trying to get into his eyes at this point. Eloy's words were easier said than done, there was no real way to know which way these things would dodge, nor could he do anything about how fast they could do so. All that could be feasibly done was to attempt to cover as much ground as possible with an attack...without friendly fire being involved, of course.

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 VMvAgIv

"You seem...awfully confident..."

Combat:
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 11:14 pm

Zain's second attempt didn't fare much better, as the Persona's wide swing found no purchase with any enemy, thougbh he got closer this time, barely scraping the armor of the one wirebug protecting the bigger shadow. Huayan seized this opportunity for a follow-up strike, brandishing powerful gale strikes, knocking the banshee off its feet, while striking the insects not quite as hard.

"Heh, there you go. Solid hit! But why stop there? Keep going!"

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 Sample_e1f9caac7e45654a71fbafc006094559b3822f5f
"Lets level the playingfield a bit... Shall we? ENKIDU!"

The tall, spear-wielding phantom knelt to the ground, and breathed cold ice all over the bridge, seeking to anchor his enemies, making them for easier targets to hit.

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 28bb7v5

Huayan has been offered a ONCE MORE! From hitting the Gehennan Banshees Weakness.
In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 DTVPxVq
Enemy Team:

Eloy:
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 11:17 pm

The Enemies struggle against the ice, and all of their movements slowed down to a halt as they were anchored to whatever surface they clung onto. And with Huayan's attack soon to follow, things were definitely looking a lot better than they had a few moments ago.
Back to top Go down
Huayan
Admin
Huayan

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2024 12:09 pm

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 5Gj8KSi

"Please stop yelling..."

Combat:
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 6:57 am

Rolling for Hindering Tag placed on all enemies:

Last edited by Rumi on Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 7:02 am

While Huayan's first attack proved very effective, the same could not be said about the follow-up, which its only target managed to dodge, ducking away to the side. One Wirebug froze completely solid, while the other was clearly affected by the ice. The Banshee's eyes turned an ominous red color, and the shadow seemed to glow an eerie purple. It was definitely preparing something

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 DTVPxVq
Enemy Team:

Last edited by Rumi on Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 7:16 am

The piercing Gale struck Eloy, knocking him back a few feet, and threw his hat into the water. A minor setback, but nothing he couldn't handle.

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 Sample_e8912e2d2fff310aa0ed7dfd043376e7aadb3c85
"Oh, did I piss you off, little guy? Come on now, you need to do better than that."

He taunted, looking almost disappointed. Was this really everything Gehenna had to throw at him today? They did however prove to be quite a handful for the rookies, so maybe it was a good thing these shadows weren't on the level he was used to. "You could just get out of our way, y'know? We got places to be."

Eloy:
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 7:08 pm

Agnolo’s shoulders tossed and heaved - the boy staggered back again, the fragility of the situation and that of his life catching up to him. Shit. He raised his spear again, Diomedes interposing himself between the undaunted shadows and his beleaguered master, the thrum of static shocking life back into the amber-eyed youth.

Stats:

Action:

No bonus.

Random number (1,6) :

Random number (1,6) :
Back to top Go down
Huayan
Admin
Huayan

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 7:19 pm

Eloy's oddly nonchalant attitude towards this didn't really sit all that well with him, to be honest. Even if the man didn't think this was a big deal, when was taunting ever a good choice? Still, it was too much effort to bother trying to say anything in response to things right now, he frankly just wanted this to be over with as soon as possible.

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 5Gj8KSi

"..."

Combat:
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2024 1:36 am

Eloy:

Stats:

Action::
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 6:26 pm

Huayan's blast of wind tore into the flesh of the shadows, cutting deep before they all liquefied, their remains splattering all over the ground before them. "Well, I'm pretty sure they're dead. Is everyone alright?" Eloy looked over his shoulder at the mass of students behind him. No-one seems to have gotten hurt, aside from Agnolo and Huayan themselves, who had bravely fought back against the invaders. "Great job, guys. Especially for your first time. Though we're not quite out of the woods yet. We still have a ways to go before everyone here is safe." Despite the dire situation they found themselves in, Eloy couldn't help but feel proud of the two fledgelings he had impromptu taken under his wing. Sure, he could've probably handled this situation alone, but having them around eased the burden on him by a lot.  "Apollo, the students are safe and sound for now. We got two among them who awakened. Both students at the school, no less. I'll take them, and the rest of the group back to the Garrison, then I'll regroup with you and Tenorio." The voice of a stranger called out in reply from a small speaker on Eloy's wristband. "Rog. Things aren't moving quite as smoothly as I would've liked. I can't contact Tenorio." Eloy's proud smile quickly turned to a troubled scowl. "Shit. What about Luca? Have you asked him?" An exasperated sigh sang from the transponder device. "I asked as soon as I was unable to reach him, and so far, no luck. He's completely vanished. It doesn't make sense!" "I'll keep a lookout for him. If he's not responding by the time I get back to the garrison, We'll have to close the portal ourselves."

VICTORY!
The Party Earns: 10 EXP
- EXPLORATION PHASE BEGINS -
Objective: Reach the Vanguard Garrison at the Gilded Rose
Optional Objective: Find any clues regarding the whereabouts of the Missing "Syr Tenorio".

"Alright, people! Listen up! Right now, you're taking orders from me, and in case something goes wrong, these two right here. Keep up the pace, and don't fall behind! We have to be quick on this one, before the next wave of Shadows are upon us!" Eloy called out to the group with practiced authority, and no one was quite inclined to argue, after seeing the danger they all found themselves in. The crowd was definitely stressed out, and Eloy thought he could hear some of the girls sobbing. They must be terrified... "The goal is to reach the Vanguard Garrison. From there, Congregation officials will take you to safety. Leave it to the Adamant Vanguard to take care of things here. And whatever you do..." He looked at both Huayan and Agnolo. "Don't try to be a hero. Your safety is paramount. Let me, and these two handle any problems."

The throng of people made it across the bridge in one piece, and slowly began moving towards the Gilded Rose, though it was a long walk, with untold dangers ahead. You're now responsible for these people's lives. Keep as many of them alive as you can. The goal is to reach the Garrison.

Back to top Go down
Huayan
Admin
Huayan

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 7:36 pm

In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 UfDyP6C

Ugh…

His head felt like it was ringing, it was honestly a miracle he wasn’t passing out here and he could only hope that wouldn’t actually happen at some point…at least until he wasn’t right in the middle of trouble. If he had the choice, he would probably gladly trade places with some of the other students right now, at least they weren’t expected to casually be able to take lead or deal with those…things. This type of pressure wasn’t good for him. Maybe if he did pass out, he wouldn’t have to think about how to deal with any of this and it would all be far simpler instead. Alas, fate was cruel in strange ways as it didn’t seem he was getting any easy out of this one right now.

There wasn’t much else to do than keep up pace with the man for the time being, and hope nothing too terrible got in their way. “You came here…alone. Does that mean the Vanguard…has few capable people to spare…or were you that confident you’re enough…to deal with the situation?” On one hand, things did not sound like they were going perfectly according to plan, but at the same time, Eloy kept coming off relatively confident about all this, as if this was just an everyday operation that was more or less guaranteed to go his way. Was this going to be fine or should the expectation be that it could turn out badly…?
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2024 2:17 am

Diomedes faded as though caught and carried off by the wind, and with him he seemed to take fighting breath that had surged in Agnolo's full breast. The battle was over, but they were still fighting. The weight of Eloy's collected seemed to gather atop his tensed shoulders, and they slumped accordingly. He pulled himself to his feet, chest heaving, words similarly inarticulate."...shit..."

"I...shit. Yeah."
Back to top Go down
Rumi
Forum Moderator
Rumi

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 2:55 pm

Eloy gave the young fisherman an encouraging pat on the back. "Don't let it get to your head, kid. You'll get your time to shine. You're still alive and kickin', right?" He smiled, before motioning for the rest to follow him. "I had orders to handle something else, but on the way, I realized that the Campus had been left unattended... It was on the way. I couldn't just leave you all to die." He sighed, shaking his head. "Syr Tenorio and a few others were sent to deal with the Riva Mare situation. I figured something was up when the campus was left unattended. We now know why, and its because my superior's gone MIA. I was going to seal the portal away, and have him as back-up in case I couldn't make it in time. And now... I'm stuck with both." How and why Tenorio just vanished was honestly aggravating. At such a vital time too.

"You two, stay on guard. Keep your eyes peeled, especially on rooftops and windows. I'll take point." Enkidu was dismissed in a bright flash of blue, as its owner did a basic pressure-check of his firearm. "Alright! Lets move!"

With the mass of students in tow, Eloy, Huayan and Agnolo pushed further up into the city, with the acrid scent of ash hanging heavy in the air. Things definitely looked bad. And with a crucial member of the city's defense having gone missing, Eloy didn't like their chances. That being said, he had to appear confident and reliable for the sake of the students. They were his responsibility now, and right now, having them panic would just make matters worse.

"Hey!" Eloy looked up, only to see a woman approach them. She was clearly wearing a Vanguard Uniform. "Sergeant Maura...?" Like her superior Eloy, she too held a gun in her hand, and she had a similiar necklace hanging from her neck too. "Apollo sent me to help. He said you could use it." Eloy sighed, shaking his head. "I had things under control, but... I appreciate the gesture. Havin' an extra pair of hands never hurts. Could you bring up the rear?" Maura gave a short nod, clutching her necklace. "Right. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm    In the Eye of the Storm  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Eye of the Storm
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next