Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Prelude (Tommy & ????)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sosina

Sosina

Prelude (Tommy & ????) Empty
PostSubject: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 7:24 pm

The Park was a great place to relax in the central area, At the moment travel to Central was allowed due to the Coming Festival this would allow other people to come look around get used to navigating the area, and allow those that wished to set up shops, to get the paperwork squared away and approved and gave them time to set up and prepare for the festival.

One thing that was quite the common sight in central, the Presence of a Waddle-dee, these little Creatures seemed to be absolutely everywhere, running little errands and cleaning and preparing the place for the Festival along with people who where doing the same. In the Park however The Waddle-dee's seemed to be taking their time off, likely being told to go rest or go play as normally the little spirits would work till they were quite tired and told to rest by a Waddle-doo. But in the Park groups of them  could be seen sitting in the grass with others, napping under trees and tending to flowers or simply running around playing with other Waddle-dee's.

And among the Multitudes of Waddle-dee's wandering about, there were a few Waddle-doo's keeping a protective eye over them, to make sure the people that showed up to play with the Waddle-dee's were not being mean to them.

It would be in the middle of the park that an old man was sitting petting a Waddle-dee and giving food to a few others and gently humming a tune to them.

Prelude (Tommy & ????) Ondu_210
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 4:00 pm

If there was any reason why Tommy was there, it was because "The Animus" was going to be stationed there and he figured that having something akin to a press badge would be useful. Besides the interviews that he would be able to get, simply observing the festival and possible performances as a whole was something that could be retold via live stream on the website and things of that nature. In moments like this, Tommy loved his job. Or at the very least, in spite of the stress he receives at times, he tried to love it in order to keep at it.

*huff*

Sitting down on a nearby bench, Tommy took out a capsule pack and took about two pills before washing it down with a bottle of water that he had on him. Afterward, he slowed his breathing for a while as he waited for it to work. He didn't want any kind of hallucinations to flare up randomly, so for Tommy's sake, he wanted to be ahead of the curve.

"Waddle-Dee....and Doo.."

For now, Tommy just watched the waddle dees as he sat down and took a break. He managed to accomplish what he wanted, and there was no need for him to do anything else for a couple of hours. He did see an old man though, taking care of the waddle dees the same way that they would take care of a pigeon back in the old times. He did have some of his breakfast, should he try to share it as well? But instead, with Tommy's personality, he actually tried to share it with the Waddle doo's. From the perspective of being a boss of others, he knew that sometimes it's hard to show the vulnerable side of yourself. You needed to appear invincible, or dependable at the very least so that the people who follow you won't lose faith.

But you are still human like them, it's a facade, you still get hungry and tired.

"Hey.. waddle doo..... good work."

Tommy said as he offered half of his pumpkin spice pop tart pastry he didn't eat this morning.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:06 pm

The nearest Waddle-doo looked over at Tommy when it was called and then looked at the offered pastry, it then looked up to him and smiled... well... it's eye showed it was smiling, as it gently took the pop tart and looked around before it spotted a group of Waddle-dee it then looked up at Tommy "Thank you very much" it said waving as it scooted off to the Waddle-dee and when it got over to them it broke the pop tart up and gave them each a portion, and before they ate the Waddle-dee gently broke a little piece off that the Waddle-doo gave them and gave that smaller fragment back to the Waddle-doo and smiled as they tried to protest "Okay... thank you" it said as they all enjoyed the little snack.

By this point the old man had noticed Tommy and was looking over at him and nodded and gently waved him over as he sat there petting a Waddle-dee, he didn't want to shout and as he clearly was rather surrounded by Waddle-dee with a Waddle-doo overlooking everything, he didn't seem to want to move ether, though likely the Waddle-dee would move to accommodate him, he seemed to be trying to make their rest time enjoyable and restful for the little spirits.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 7:05 pm

After seeing the fact that the waddle doo decided to share the food with the waddle dee and instead decided to break it and share, he figured that he was right about the creature in terms of how it viewed its own responsibilities. With that being said, Tommy turned to the old man that was relaxing with all of the spirits around him with a rather inquisitive face.

"Besides the fact that these spirits are notoriously friendly, I never thought that so many of them would swarm a person like this. Due to their innocence, either they are naive, or they can really see that you are a kind person. "

Tommy only mentioned it due to the fact that spirits were rather particular with their actions. One or two of them being around a person was nothing out of the ordinary. However, a handful can actually make a person question the character of the person that they were around.

"Why do you hide your face with the hoodie? Such a beautiful day, and yet you are larping in the middle of Concerto park. Then again, that's most rock stars these days."

strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:20 pm

"Oh I do not mind them coming to me, it allows me to spend time with such gentle and kind spirits such as them" he said with a chuckle as he pets another Waddle-dee, a smile on his face as he does so. With a bright smile and placed the Waddle-dee down and picked up another as the man started to ask his question, and the old man smiled once more.

"Hmm... a fair question... though.. that is like asking someone, why do you wear a shirt? or Why do you wear that pants? The answer is much the same really to what those would be, I like to wear this robe, it's comfortable, and it keeps these old bones warm, it also lets me do this" he said as he took out a wrapped sandwich from one of the sleeves, the appearance of the sandwich also caused the Waddle-dee to look up at the sandwich and follow it with their eyes.

He chuckled as he noticed the Waddle-dee's following the Sandwich, and so he unwrapped the sandwich and started to take parts of the sandwich and hand them out to the gathered Waddle-dee's "fun things like that for instance..." he said chuckling.

"So tell me my young friend how do you like the central district hmm? Are you enjoying the Festival? Any interesting tales from your District to share with an old man? Maybe your view on the city or district?" he asked
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 11:09 am

"I guess that's fair. Crime is at an all-time low, it's not as if I suspect you of anything. It was just peculiar, don't mind me. "

It's just that Tommy didn't want to end up seeing a face that either reminded him of his trauma or any sort of manifestation of it. He questioned everything, but in his own way, that was to ensure his own safety and peace of mind.

"You seem quite fond of those little creatures, kind of reminds me that they can serve as a substitute for visits from grandchildren at old age. You certainly play with them as they are."

" As for stories,  I'm not one to actually tell any sort of stories of my own. My purpose in life is to sell them to others,  or make them accessible to others that wouldn't listen in any other way in spite of that."

Taking out a business card from his pocket, Tommy handed it to the old man.

"I'm an editor at the animus.A magazine, both online and offline. I do interviews and cover artists. "
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 10:40 pm

The old man smiled "It's no worry, I have asked questions as well, sometimes questions come to ones mind and won't leave until asked, and as long as those questions are nothing mean spirited then I see no problem with them being asked" he said with that kind smile on his face.

"Oh these little ones? Yes I am very fond of them, when I was so much younger, these little ones were the ones that fought their hardest, losing many of their kind, to save me... Or I thought they lost so many of their kind just to protect me, that was before I learned how they could come back.. but regardless I owe them my life, if it wasn't for them I would not be here today... and also yes... it feels like playing with my Grandchildren as well" he said with a chuckle as he continued to hand out bits of sandwich to the small creatures, and they all in turn seemed to be making sure that they all got an even amount each. some even starting to break some off to give to the Waddle-doo watching over them.

As he Finished handing out the bits of Sandwich, the Waddle-dee's and the Waddle-doo all started to happily eat, while the old man looked up to Tommy and listened to him with a smile, and he took the business card with a nod of his head "ah I see... even your personal views? feelings on the Festival? You would have others pay then have a conversation?" he asked, not in an angry tone, in a quizzical tone, simply asking for clarification as he looked to the Business card a moment and nodded putting it into the folds of his robe for the time being
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 4:37 am

"A story of self-sacrifice? Yes, that seems like a good reason to have harbored such an attachment to the waddle dees in addition to their demeanor. Thanks to them, you get to lie a long life and talk with young people like myself about the good old days. I'm assuming that's where this conversation is going right? Of all the things that we could say and possibly share with you, the world today is not what you have seen and grew up with."

It was only an assumption, but it was more or less the talking point of all boomers. It was hard to accept change. To them, things were a lot better in the past and the future seemed bleak.

"It depends on the star power when it comes to charging. Unfortunately, we take subcontracts in order to host a few interviews that we wouldn't normally take. Besides the ads, clicks, and popularity online, we try to get it from that instead of taking payments directly from the artists themselves. Sometimes the conversation is what gets us the pay, depending on what I can get out of it. "
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 9:17 pm

"You seem the type to avoid answering any questions asked of you my young friend, while expecting everyone else to answer the ones you present, As for the good old days, perhaps I should give you the same non answers till you feel like actually talking? I have asked you a few things already, and you have simply danced around them, assumed my response and then changed the topic..." the old man said with a smile.

"If anything one would assume you are scared of something... perhaps you are scared to speak your mind? perhaps you are scared that you will be wrong in your views hmm? Well regardless, I have asked a few questions of you, in hopes of having a conversation about those things... and I would appreciate an answer... even if that answer is you don't with to talk about those things, an honest answer like that is much preferable than the round about way of dodging answering you seem to be employing" the old man said nodding as he gently picked up a Waddle-doo who seemed quite confused that it was picked up but relaxed as it was petted, looking very content.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Tommy sat there silently for a while, thinking over what the old man mentioned before. When it comes to certain interviews, he tries to talk as little as possible to milk as much of the conversation as he possibly could. Sometimes it was hard to turn it off, the idea of having to work so tenaciously for his living.

"I believe that the festival is a chance for those who believe that they had the skills, or were unsure of their skills, to prove it on the big stage. It is more of a right to the people for me to provide unbiased coverage, because all types of music contribute tot he culture here. If the dominant ones get too much screen time, it shuns the rest of performers that work with something else."

Was he scared to speak his mind? No, that wasn't it.

"It's not fear, it's more of necessity. Weighing the cons of giving an opinion, it's a definite stance on something that could in turn paint a picture that may not be 100% accurate of my character. If I work with only facts and keep it less about myself, it would be better for everyone. "
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 6:10 pm

The man listened as the man finally started to speak the answers to his questions and he smiled, "Well my Young friend, you must remember your not meant to be in that mind set at all times... otherwise how would one ever know the real you? to know what it is you stand for? Facts are all well and good but if you don't know where the person speaking them stands you have to wonder if they are leaving out any facts that they disagree with, but regardless of that, you have to learn to let that go at times, so you may meet people and that they may learn who the real you is, you will find it will make life so much richer" he said with a smile.

"you won't have people understand your character, if you never speak your mind or let yourself be yourself.. it will all get lost in the noise.... that is another reason I ask your views on things, it's why I ask people for their views, as you can get a feel of who they are by their views or at least you can start to understand them, to do more you would need to talk with them, to get to know them better you would have to see their deeds as well" he said as he pets a Waddle-dee.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:49 pm

"The real me huh...."

Tommy didn't think the old man wanted to know that. The real Tommy was a hard working junkie who was still taking medication for something he was cured of.  It was apparent to doctors, but it came back in waves like the common cold. It was due to this that Tommy ultimately decided not to be off of it at all instead, it was his path of safety. Would he be ok without it? Was it a risk worth finding out? Maybe not today.

"I can't speak for anyone else in that regard, that's why I figured that one of the easiest jobs in the world. Everything that has been achieved in those interviews or quick quotes is something that was addressed toward other things in showbusiness, or  factual things that happened in the past or that wasn't being covered.  My opinion, i guess it's great to have one. But what i treasure most of all is something that's considered irrefutable. That's not something an opinion can be, which is why i only reserve them in private conversations like this one. "

Other than that, Tommy understood his point.

"You are right though, developing an off switch is one of my biggest challenges. "
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 8:43 pm

"Yes the real you, the one that you hide from others.. the one that you keep hidden by speaking nothing but facts, people need to know the man behind the words, or the words may seem hollow, the message my be diluted" he said with a sage nod as he continued to pet the Waddle-dee who was looking up at Tommy and nodding in agreement to the old man.

The old man listened to his reply after that, and the old man nodded slowly "I see.. however you have to realize sometimes, the breath of fresh air, hearing one's own opinions can be... But I am old, I may be out of touch with the world today... I suppose one such as you may know more of the city and it's young ones then a Wizen old man like me" he said with a chuckle.

hearing Tommy agree he gave a kind smile "Trust me... when you find the people that are willing to listen to YOU and not just the words you say... but to listen to the REAL you.. then you will find people that will stand by you regardless of flaws, or choices.. you may come to disagreements on them.. but you will work it out... you are still young yet after all" he said as hew continued to pet the Waddle-dee who was slowly nodding off in the old mans arms.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 5:36 am

"That's all wishful thinking old man, but thanks for the wise words. It seems as if you lived a full life. Besides the loud music from time to time, the city is actually peaceful. Retirement suits you..." Checking his watch, Tommy figured that he should probably head back to his place and take a small nap before working on preparing the site and the magazine for the event that was going to occur. "I won't take up too much of your time, you have my business card if you want to contact me or log on to the website to see the show live-streamed. I'm sure everyone else is doing that, but people are vain, you might get to see an interview no one else may have. "

With a smile, Tommy gave the old man a smile and waved at both him and the waddle dees before going off to his next destination.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 2:20 pm

The old man smiled a bit "wishful thinking is what helps the world the most sometimes, as those wishes can often come true with enough effort put towards that aim, I hope you never forget to have some Wishful thoughts of your own, and to perhaps let others know the real you and your opinions more often." the old man waved to him as the younger man left.

"Let your mind rest easy, and consider... perhaps you survived for a reason.." the old man called after him, and if Tommy turned around, he would see the bench empty as the Waddle-dee's wandered off and started to simply take naps apparently not noticing the old man that had been giving them attention was now gone. or perhaps... like he wasn't there in the first place.

-exit-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Tommy & ????)   Prelude (Tommy & ????) Empty

Back to top Go down

Prelude (Tommy & ????)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next