Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Icy Reflections [Snow]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 5:49 pm

The half-smile and words were met with a small amused one as the odd man's eyes narrowed with the emotion. "You are a clever and preceptive young man. Though I cannot deny what you say. We adults tend to wear all types of masks in the end, don't we? I suppose children are the ones to wear the least amounts of masks and be raw because they simply do not know any better. I wonder just how chaotic the world would be if we didn't hold back or hide behind masks anymore." He'd tilt his head contemplatively at this as a hand moved to rub his chin in thought. He wouldn't make any attempt at speaking for a long while, the silence that wrapped around them rather soothing and warm rather than cold and unwelcoming like the landscape around them.

When the other responded to him with age and a bit about his traveling habits, he would give a nod and hum. "You've traveled less time on your own, and yet you are 5 years over me. How curious," he'd say rather casual with the exchange of information. "What happened your mother, if you don't mind me asking," he would ask after a small pause of silence as he observed the man. Did he expect this one to spill his guts or answer every question. Not really. The guy had already proven he could be rather firm and controlled in what he gave and did not give. This one wasn't naïve like another he met along the way either, yet he wasn't exactly the typical surface dweller either.

This one talked to him and when they fell into longer silences, the man didn't seem to mind it or try to chase him away when he lingered about instead of going on his merry way. However, the strange man saw no need to rush off. A small moment of speaking with another was never a bad thing in this world. Even if they were to never meet again, a brief connection was better than none in this world in his opinion even when he wasn't desperate for said things. As for the offer he made, he'd hum making a low rumbly sound as he looked at the items balance in his hand. Shifting a bit, he picked one up with his free hand.

"Cigarettes...is what they are called. They are a thing I like to smoke. The act of smoking is relaxing in its own way thanks to what is in them. I hand make and enjoy the small activity quite a bit. It is a small luxury I allow myself in this world that has so little. I thought to offer since it is rare, I have one to share it with." That and well due to what he made the item out it worked in not only relaxing the body, but staving off hunger to. Smoking was a habit, but one he could not place where he had gotten it from in the end. Ah well.

In the end, he wouldn't push the other to take one as he looked up from the item over to the other. "Do you mind if I smoke?" he would ask, remaining polite and respectful of the person he was currently sharing a space with.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 8:11 pm

"I say it how I see it." Did that make him clever? In some people's eyes, perhaps. "I think what matters more than the age, is life experience. I do not think societies would work smoothly if everyone were to always be honest however. The major component of being able to coexist is our willingness to adapt even against our own wishes at times." For the sake of the future or a goal of some sort, more often than not. No two people thought the exact same on everything after all. That said, he'd give the other a contemplative look up and down, before shrugging lightly. "So...what you're saying is, you're not human. Unless of course, you intend to say you've been wandering out here since you were a literal baby and somehow made it." 5 years younger would make the guy 25, and he was claiming to have been out here for essentially the same amount of time, which left almost no room for having been anywhere else before that. Plus, he was well aware of this guy's odd vibe and looks even though he had not commented on it before. As for the other matter though... "She's no longer alive. Demons aren't exactly kind out here." He didn't seem overly upset over that, but then again...was it anything beyond a fact at this point?

Moving on past some silence however, he would find himself giving the guy a mild frown. "I have never considered having any sort of smoke inside my lungs to be a particularly pleasant experience, so I'm not certain I'd agree with the idea of this sounding relaxing. I don't fancy coughing my insides out." Even if it were not the same as breathing in the smoke coming off of fire or the like, it did not sound entirely pleasing. Why would that be a luxury anyway? "...as long as it's not in my face. Though, if I may ask, why exactly are you choosing to do that right now?" Combined with his lack of understanding why doing that was desirable, and the fact that he still wasn't sure why this guy was sticking around randomly like this...he just had to try to ask at least.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:53 am

"Hmph." The amused sound would escape him as the other made his comment; however, the amusement would turn into a hum after a moment of thought on the next topic. "Perhaps you are right on both fronts. We certainly don't seem to be design to accept everything as is and in a way someone always has to bend to get along." It was a strange give and take there, but it could not be denied that everyone couldn't be happy or have their way. Perhaps the world was designed this way to keep balance. One had to wonder. Speaking of wondering the next question would certainly get him frowning a bit as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Human?" he asked, the word a bit dry as he looked down at his hand for a moment and then sighing shook his head as he let out a small sigh. "I want to say I am human, but sometimes I question that. As for traveling as long as I have. I just know that I have been traveling that long. I don't recall where the journey even began or how I got to this point, I just know that is what I can remember." Did it make sense? No. Hell even he didn't understand, but from the moment he woke up, he already knew he had been traveling for a long time now. Though how or why he knew that was a blank in his mind. That same frustrating static screen appearing every time he tried to go back beyond the time he awoke in the Bellows and rose from the waters. Was he scared to share this with a stranger? Not really. After all it was just facts to him and nothing so personal he felt the need to hide it. As for the mother thing, he would give a small nod to that one. "I see. I am sorry for your lost then." The comment was respectful despite its shortness, but at the same time he didn't see the need to linger or pull at things that either didn't seem to bother someone or just weren't needed to stir up. So he let the subject sink into silence.

The silence would continue until the topic of cigarettes came up. To what was heard, the pale man hummed a bit as he put the one in his hand in his mouth for the moment and rested the bundle on his lap so he could pick up the lighter. "It is certainly not for everyone and to be frank probably not the best for the lungs in the end," he would begin before pausing to light the thing as he was given the okay to do so. He was quiet as he took a small puff of it before letting the smoke out slowly via his lips in a way that it mostly stayed around him and did not drift heavily towards the other despite the light wind in the area. The item would give off a relaxing mint smell nonetheless. Placing the item back in his mouth, he would go about rewrapping the items in their cloth as he addressed what the other was saying. "I don't recall where I picked up the habit or even if I had difficulties with smoking when I started. All I know is that it is something I like to take part in from time-to-time. I usually do it alone, but since I have rather good company I decided why not. Besides, despite the cold I am in no hurry to my destination anyway." He'd say the words easily enough around the item in his mouth as he put the package back within his sleeves and robes. Once that was done, he'd take a small drag from the item before letting the smoke out once again and holding the cigarette loosely between his fingers as he narrowed his eyes more to focus on the other than anything. "Why you ask? Planning to leave or something?" Didn't hurt to poke back right?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am

"The world isn't fair, never has been, and never will be. That is a simple fact." It by all means favored those who were good at playing the acting game, or at the very least enjoyed that whole social dance for what it was. Even then, one unexpected happenstance could ruin your life at any moment, regardless of how hard you worked or how skilled you were.

He would eye the other, his tone levelled as he spoke. "If my opinion is of any worth to you...I will say you don't feel entirely human. Whether you want to believe that or not is on you, although the amount of amnesia that you describe certainly points at something being off." He couldn't tell what exactly this guy was, but given his personal experience of having been near demons before, and even knowing the feeling of being stuck together with one...this guy definitely gave a vibe more similar to a being of that kind than a regular human. The claim that he somehow didn't remember pretty much any of his younger years or anything was a big indicator of something being abnormal as well. Could demons or the like lose memories? He had no idea on that front, but anything was probably possible. "..." He wouldn't say anything to the condolences given, but honestly was there any need to?

Regardless, he would watch the other do his thing, staying mostly still with a neutral expression on his face for the time being. "It doesn't seem all that pleasing to me." He wouldn't give much more than a passing comment at that moment. Honestly though, he could smell the mint somewhat still, and he wouldn't call it a relaxing experience. If anything, it actually mildly stung which was likely because he was in no way used those types of scents. It was probably a good idea he didn't take the offer, because all that menthol stuff would really send him into a coughing fit with this in mind. Plus, they were out in the freezing cold already, and he did not see any need for further 'refreshing'. "...sooner or later. I can't stay here forever, lest I freeze myself to the rock." Now that would be a very unfortunate thing to allow to happen, would it not?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 11:46 pm

"So it is," he would say softly as he looked to the sky closing his eyes for a moment as he shifted his legs a bit to keep them from locking due to the cold that was slowly sinking into him. The world had a certain order and rule to it, whether it was designed by human or nature. Those who learned to tango with such order survived and those that didn't either died or suffered in some way. Still even a master of the dance could slip up and without batting an eyelash that order and rule could ruin one forever. The idea of fairness and mercy were really shaky topics within reality. Even more so in a situation like the world they lived in. Anyway, blue eyes would reopen and refocus on the other as the topic flowed from the world to him. As for what the other said, well....

He'd give a light huff there at that one as he shook his head a bit. "It is hard to say what to believe when it comes to myself. Between what you say and just my existence so far, it is hard to say what is what at times; however, maybe one day it will all click together. At least I have a small bit of confirmation that I may indeed not be human, but I will do some more digging about before giving the final call on that." He was a researcher through and through. While he did believe in some things that could not be proven, when it came to himself, he rather take all the information he could in, lay it out, and hope somewhere in that mess rested clarity and truth. Something that would unlock what and who he was or give him a clue where to look for such answers. Digging inward and going on that journey was the only way find the truth or make his own truth in the end and perhaps finally settle the chaos within. It was hard to say where he'd end up, but he knew in the end he would have to try and keep walking on the path no matter where it took him.

Speaking of trying, he certainly didn't try to apologize or make any comment on the silence given by the other at his condolences. The other remained rather neutral making it hard to tell if he was upset or not. Still, he wouldn't do anything to poke any further into the matter as he became quiet until the conversation turned to smoking for a bit.

"Mmm," the hum was a low rumble as he continued to hold the cigarette in his hand for now watching the other. "Well, it isn't for everyone." The words fell out of him naturally enough though inward it seemed like someone else was speaking through him. It was so weird and in turn caused him to lift the cigarette to his lips once more and take another drag off of it to try and steady himself within the cold. Outwardly, he would appear only slightly uneasy, but nothing that would linger for long as he seemed to relax when he exhaled the smoke.

"Hmph. You'd make a nice statue to look at, but I would think that be a sad way to be taken out." He would say, a light tease in his voice as he shifted in his spot a bit to keep things his own body from getting too stiff. Though for the time being he did not get up to leave or anything like that as he simply continued to watch the other as he smoked.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 pm

He would stay silent for a good while before eventually raising a question. "Is you wandering out here related to that then...?" Honestly, Retuo couldn't come up with a whole lot to say there because what was there to talk about when the person appeared to not even remember much in regards to the topic of the conversation. He also didn't want to pry too much either, but since staying completely silent could give the wrong kind of impression as well, he went with an open-ended inquiry there, letting the guy choose how he responded to that.

"..." He'd just blink a couple times there. "No, I suppose it is not." Just like pretty much anything. Unlike the other though, he'd find himself getting up once that comment was made. He wasn't making a move to leave yet, but he really did not wish to actually freeze his butt to the rock, so standing would have to do for now. He hadn't originally intended to get himself distracted by talking to someone after all, so he had to adapt differently now. "Hm. I think I'd rather stay alive, but thank you for the compliments." Obviously enough.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 7:54 pm

He felt the silence between them, his expression and body language calm as he simply moved his hand to lift the cigarette to his lips and take another puff. As he was blowing out the smoke quietly the other asked his question. "Hrmmm..." he'd begin with a low rumble in his voice. "Not entirely. I heard a voice that called me here, but about time I arrived the voice had ceased speaking leaving me with the only clue as to where to being that building I was eyeing earlier, but it seemed Fate wanted us to meet so here I am speaking with you instead." He'd give a small smile to the other before moving the cigarette back to his lips and holding it there with his lips. It was kind of annoying to be frank, the whole voice thing that is, and the fact he had not really rested well since then helped nothing with making this whole process less of a headache. If anything it made it more of one. Still that was his problem and not the others, so he wouldn't make to big of a deal out of it.

Anyway wherever that went it would go leading into a soft hum coming from him at the other's comment towards his words in regards to the cigarettes. When the other made his move to get up, the smaller pale man would only watch calmly before giving an slightly amused smirk. "You're very welcome and well alive is most certainly better than dead. They don't exactly make the best conversation partners." He'd give a slight smirk to the other, his fangs somewhat showing. Though he wasn't hostile and only seemed to be trying to lighten the mood even if joke choice was rather dark.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 7:18 pm

Retuo would just shrug lightly. "Well, you're late to the party either way." There wasn't much else to say to that one. He wasn't sure whether he'd consider this fate, but it was what it was. Regardless, he would find himself thoughtfully rubbing his fingers against a few spots on his jacket which were getting frosted over a bit as he listened to the rebuttal towards his comment. "I would wager to say that it's debatable. If one is not looking for conversation in the first place, a dead person might be the more tolerable one. Unless we are operating under the assumption that they'd be a ghost or anything of the kind, in which case perhaps you're right on it being better to pass. It's easier to shoo a living person than a more abstract being." He'd rather not deal with those at all, although perhaps that was just wishful thinking at this point. After all, weren't some of people's powers showing up as some strange apparition creatures? Did that count? He wasn't sure, but he'd put in a similar realm of in terms of it being concerning anyway.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 11:12 pm

"Mmmm," he pause to let out some smoke from his mouth though the cigarette remained in his mouth for now. "I suppose I am and that is really too bad. It would've been interesting to see what all that was about." It made him wonder if he had made it here on time what would've happened to him. Would he be suffering from the shit he had been suffering with since he heard that voice or what? He wondered, but it wasn't like he was going to get answers to those thoughts now anyway, so he'd let it go as he watched the other rub at the frost covered areas of his jacket. As for what was said, he'd hum a bit there. "Spirits can be a bit of handful especially the ones that don't shut up. Can't escape those unless you are some sort of specialist in getting rid of said things. As for the dead making better company than people when you want silence, I dunno there man. Most don't seem comfortable with the dead." He would say as he looked at the ground shifting the snow with his shoe a bit. He couldn't really speak on spirits or powers for outside of the voice that called him here he had nothing to go off or compare with. Unless visions and nightmare were counted, but surely that was something else.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Retuo would simply raise a brow at the guy. "You see it as interesting?" That was an odd word choice in his opinion. Under the assumption that the other man saw exactly what everyone else did, he wouldn't think the idea of people being possibly in trouble or something ominous happening fell under the 'interesting' category. Calling it that made it sound like it was akin to an entertaining show to potentially be around to watch more than anything else after all. He would shrug lightly. "Ah...why though? A dead person can't do anything anymore, assuming no special circumstances are at play. It's just a lifeless body at that point. Not all that different from when you're near a dead animal which you hunted for the purpose of food. The only reason people get uncomfortable is because of the sentiments we attach to human life. As long as it isn't someone I knew, or had reason to mourn for extensively...I don't find it uncomfortable. Well...maybe if they've started rotting and it stinks. I wouldn't like that." Perhaps one could say his view on it was a bit insensitive, but in his mind there was ultimately nothing to be done anyway once someone was dead.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 8:18 pm

He'd give the other a small smirk and snort around the cigarette at the reaction given. "Yeah. It would've been interesting to see why I was called here and have more answers than questions right about now. But alas Fate decided differently." It was true learning about whoever was there when this supposed party happened would've been a nice bonus. Thouhg he wasn't really highly interested in being just entertained. He sought answers to things revolving around himself and this word, so the fact he had somehow arrived too late for an answer or a hint left him a bit sad inwardly. Ah well. He'd pause taking on last puff of his cigarette and letting the smoke out of his mouth as he dropped the butt into the little indent at his feet. He'd crush the little nub under his shoe before using his shoe to cover the item and the indent with snow again. As he did this, he listened to what the other said about the dead before getting to his feet and stretching a bit to knock out the stiffness settling into his body. He was careful not to cause any of his clothing to shift and reveal the mess his body was underneath all the clothing.

"You come at this with logical and not so usual perspective. I agree and don't agree with you though. Death is not something people can look at and face easily. If they do the reason for it is because they either have become desensitized to it through some means or can really keep themselves in check with logic. The sentiment part is a thing. In fact, the closer one is to someone the harder the loss unless you are that detached. The thing is whether it is family, a stranger, or an animal one hunts down for a meal, the reason most would flip out being around death is because it forces them to face their own mortality and the unknown of what happens when their number is called and death claims them. It is this unknown and truth that makes the dead not the best company, even less so when there are millions of ways one can be taken out. Everything else such as rot, stench, sentiments, etc are just extras added onto these facts," he would say as he took a few steps to the left. "I personally am not bothered by the dead. You can say I even live around them if you want, but then again I probably am little more detached than most and see death simply as it is: a body or a meal and just part of life. The one standing still is just trying survive and get by most of the time so there is that too." Sure there were some exceptions to the rule, but it was what it was in the end since he didn't exactly attach deeply enough to most have that lingering sentiment that made one sad or what not. Either way, the dead were just as common as the living now a days so anyway.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 9:57 am

"...." He would just shake his head at that. "If that's what you wanted, you didn't actually miss much. Unless you'd see getting attacked by demons as an answer to your questions. It isn't like any of us know why exactly we were called this time specifically." To that, there was currently no answer. What made this one different than any of the other times demons swooped in on humans? Other than perhaps the people having some communication technology, but the occurrence was still highly unusual even for a distress call. One could only speculate, so if information was all the guy was after, he wouldn't have gotten a lot out of this.

In any case, he would raise a brow at the other casually as the guy spoke on death. "When you die, you die. That's it. I don't think about it, because speculating about some unknown that there is no answer to is not a productive way to spend my time. Everyone dies eventually, whether it happens sooner or later and dwelling on the fact in my opinion has no meaning. Naturally, we do not wish to die early and take actions to avoid such a fate, but I don't consider that to fit into the same category as being downright uncomfortable with death. We're all mortal and I don't see why I would need to see someone dead to remind me of that. I already know that." Perhaps in a sense, he was a bit desensitized to it thanks to his past experiences both with his mother having died and himself being stuck in conditions that could have ended up with him dying during those experiments, but his more rational approach to the subject likely also contributed to the way he viewed the subject. Nobody wanted to die unless their life was just that unbearable, but there was no use in being anxious over it when it wasn't actually looming over you right then and there. He'd shrug lightly. "I wouldn't want to actively spend my time around dead bodies because that seems like a perfect way to get yourself sick with all the plagues that can come from a decomposing person, but I certainly do not see a need to freak out over coming across someone who died." Was it sad to know that a person probably died before they got to live out their life fully? Kind of..but there was nothing to do but to pay them some respects at that point.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 6:27 pm

His blue eyes would drift to the side in thought as he lifted a hand to his chin in thought. "So no clarity for anyone then...Just an out of nowhere call that had those who answered it attacked by demons...For what reason though?" he'd mutter mostly to himself. It was a bit suspicious. Even more so when said voice just poof after the battles were all said and done without explanation. That certainly left a whole lot of unanswered questions to mull over, but where they ever to be answered? He wasn't sure about that one, even less so since he wasn't even sure what was even gained by such a call and attack. Though if that spear the other held was part of what was given, what then? Why give people weapons to fight demons all of a sudden when that has never happened beforehand? So many unanswered questions floated about that was for certain and for the time being at least, he would let them sit in the back of his mind. There was nothing he could gain after all without further information. Where he would get some interesting information was with this one's view of death and the dead.

"You don't sit back to reflect on the unknown, life, death, or the world then?" he would begin and then humming he'd shift his direction and move towards the right pacing in a slow casual way as he thought. Folding his arms behind his back as he looked ahead at nothing in particular he would continue. "I don't see it a waste to reflect on the known, unknown or even death. When it comes to what disturbs us about death I find it a mixture of things. For some, it is unnerving to see what they once loved go from being alive and warm to cold and unmoving. For another staring at the coldness of death on another makes them fear that they too will end up the same way and so they fight against the idea instead of accept the truth that death claims all. From what I observed, it seems the way one dies has a great impact on the perception and fear of death also. Combine that with hyper focus on the subject or event and one can become very much afraid of the matter. Death is not easy to swallow for most and brings distress and discomfort when brought up. However, you are a rare case. You take death for what is and don't worry or let this or that aspect about death shake you. Your way is simple and less complicated than those with sentiments attached to the lost. Though I wonder how you came to be this calm about such a taboo subject so to speak." He'd pause in his pacing tilting his head at the other questioningly, though giving him the option to answer or not on his own. Whatever the other did in the end though, he would find himself giving a soft chuckle to the next topic. "I have lived around and seen so much death that it does not bother me in the same fashion as others. It is something that brings sadness to me, but not in the crippling way. I have spent time burying the bodies I've could of a whole town and I have even helped one or two on the brink of dying. I suppose with my wandering and my choice of both trade and home, I view death in a different light and see it not as something to fear, but rather a part of life that will get us all eventually. Especially in this harsh world we live in." One could try to help the dying and sick, but once they passed and joined the earth once more all one could do is bury them, pay respects and leave. While his view had a slightly different edge to it. He and this one were in a similar boat when it came to not fearing death, which was interesting considering not many lined up or came close to his views.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 12:21 pm

"..." He'd sigh. "The demons weren't there to attack us because we came. They would have done so regardless of whether anyone came or not. I personally took it as a call for help of some sort. If there is anything to question about it, it would be the means by which it happened seeing as nobody has been able to do that before." One could argue that it could have been an elaborate trap to draw a lot of people in and kill them all at once, but to him it just didn't feel that way. Against normal people, the demons really didn't need to go to such lengths just to kill a few more people faster. Them figuring out powers to fight back seemed to be a side effect that wasn't planned for either, unless there was some well hidden motive somewhere. Honestly though, overthinking it without any available information at hand would most likely only lead to confusion and possibly theories that were completely wrong anyway.

He'd cross his arms over his chest with a mild frown. "Why should I? Thinking too much about stuff that has no answers to it and about potential unknowns is what often makes people paranoid and anxious possibly over nothing. I see no need to invent ideas in my head unless they serve a purpose for me in the here and now or my goals in the near future." Why think about death now? He wasn't that old yet so he wasn't about to croak any minute, and if he got killed in some way...well, so be it. Thinking about it way ahead of time wasn't exactly positive in his mind. And unknowns were often best left as unknowns. If they could actually be figured out and answered, then perhaps there was a point...but if it were to always remain an unknown no matter how much one thought about it, why waste time on it? "Everyone fears death to some extent. It isn't like I'd be fine with it if I was told that I had to die within the next few days. I don't want to. That said, I also do not wish to fret over the concept unnecessarily. We may not want to die, but fact remains that inevitably we all will unless someone discovers how to attain immortality in the near future. I find that unlikely though, and the world would collapse anyway if new people were constantly born but nobody ever died. The cycle of life is what it is. A force of nature that governs us all." He'd shake his head. "I've seen people die, and I have come close enough to it myself in the past. I honestly don't consider it to be a taboo subject, especially in this day and age, when dangers are all around us near constantly. If you cannot accept death these days, you're going to be miserable sooner or later." Whether because you got to witness others die, or were faced with a decision that required you to take a life for the sake of your own survival. It was hard to escape it out here with the way the world was.

"I'm not overly bothered by death per se, but I would not want to spend extended time around corpses for many reasons. It's not really sanitary, among other things." Even less so when you took your time to bury them, because that meant close contact with the dead bodies. That could spell very unpleasant things if one was unlucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Icy Reflections [Snow]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2