Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Icy Reflections [Snow]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Icy Reflections [Snow] Empty
PostSubject: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySat May 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Once he was done assisting the people and making sure there was nothing more for him to be done for the time being, Retuo would find himself choosing to take a break from the group-focused social interaction, heading a little ways off from where everyone was staying. While he didn't mind lending a hand, he really wasn't used to staying cooped up with a lot of people, especially ones he didn't know all that well yet. There was something peaceful in a bit of solitude.

In fact, he wasn't alone even then, was he now? Sitting upon a hard stone rock that jutted out of the frozen land, he'd contemplatively eye the spear he currently had summoned in his hand. He had always been aware that the weapon wasn't just some regular item, and his memory was a little too vivid for him to forget the events that transpired and led to him obtaining it. Still, it had never showed any signs of sentience up until this recent fight, which was by all means a strange turn of events. He wasn't the type to be overly worried even though he was not as optimistic as some, but something about these recent happenings was giving him a not so pleasant feeling. There was no way this was all a bunch of coincidences piling up.

Unfortunately, he had nothing to go on with at the moment, and the weapon in his hand didn't seem to be very interested in communication besides some vague flashes of feeling and slight vibrations, which he was finding hard to interpret at the moment. He'd sigh, his breath turning into near frozen clouds in front of him, though he appeared to be willfully ignoring the cold for the time being.

"..."
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun May 16, 2021 9:21 pm

He left the home he had crash landed in earlier after dealing with an rather interesting event and addressing the issue of his box's strap breaking due to said fall. While he had survived the event, he was beginning to feel exhausted from the none stop travel and the strain he was currently under due to whatever that call had disturbed with him. He had created a small hide away within the icy landscape to take a nap in and stay warm...or rather he tried to take a nap. He couldn't close his eyes long enough to get rest before discomfort or something within his mind jolted him awake. He wasn't sure what this was all about, but in the end it didn't matter as he gave up on sleep. He would secure his hideout and things before picking himself up and heading out into the icy and snow. It was still cold though the area had enough warmth now that it was morning that it was it more or less bearable at least to him it.

In any case he would wander about the area drifting further and further from his spot until he could see in the distance a different building from the one that he had previously been in. He was at a slight disadvantage on seeing it propperly since he was on lower ground, so he decided to climb along the uneven ground balancing well enough on his wooden shoes as he moved up the path he decided to take. He would keep moving until he reached the top, his intention to get a good look at the building in the distance. However as he got to the top, he would find his focus going from the building in the distance to a well dressed man sitting on a rock holding a spear. A rather strange spear to say the least. The sight certainly caused him to pause as he unconsciously pulled up the top part of his shirt that was trying to slid off of his pale shoulder. He was certainly less kept than usual, but oh well. He was decent enough as he watched the other keeping his distance for the time being as he eyed the weapon curiously. Why did it smell familiar in some way...? What was it...?

His mind would continue to turn as stayed where he was in plain view, but unmoving. No breath really escaping him even if he seemed to be quite alive.

"...."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyMon May 17, 2021 8:50 pm

He had wanted to be alone..

...and yet, it would appear that fate chose otherwise. To walk up that close without a word was certainly a bold move in times like these, and had this been anyone else, maybe it would have gotten the stranger a rather unpleasant reaction. Retuo was not a very hasty or reactive person however, and would find himself mostly just shifting his weight on the rock a bit, his brows furrowing as his lips set into a thin line out of mild concern at the situation. He didn't wish to find himself having to fight again. This cold was really a pain now that he's been in the area for a solid 24 hours at least. In fact, he had chosen to come out here in part to help get himself better used to it in case he needed to stick around more. No better way to adapt than through exposure, right? Even though at this pace his teeth were going to start chattering soon, no matter how hard he was trying to ignore the frost.

That said, he would not make any big moves, keeping a solid grip on his spear in case, as he turned his gaze to stare at the strange newcomer pointedly. This one gave him a bit of a strange feel, albeit since they were not making any hostile moves at the moment, he had no reason to do so either. He'd speak up in an even tone.

"Is there something you need?"
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyThu May 20, 2021 8:31 am

The cold. It settled into his body rather quickly, but unlike others this did not bother him as he remained where he was watching the other who had taken notice of him. He took notice that the guy had tighten his grip on the spear, blue eyes eying the weapon before drifting up to look at the other as he asked a simple and direct question. However, it would take a few seconds to get a response back as the pale man continued to watch him with an unreadable expression, hiding any thoughts on how he felt about the other's caution. A second would pass by and then another before the strange man's eyes would narrow and his lips would part.

Icy Reflections [Snow] QeMApol

"Need something? No. Not really. I just came here to get better look at the building I spotted and then happen to spot you." He would begin before shifting his weight to his left foot, his arms folding loosely across his chest as he gave the other a rather calm look in response to the pointed gaze that was on him. "Though perhaps I should be asking you that question. Are you not cold in this weather?" He had to wonder. After all most prepared quite well for this place, but this man didn't seem to be covered in the usual heavy gear he had seen on others.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyThu May 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Amber eyes would not leave the stranger as Retuo remained silent for a couple beats, his brows furrowing slightly before finally speaking up. "I see. Might I, ah, suggest approaching a little less mysteriously then? It's generally not safe out here, some people could actually attack you when you silently creep up on them, thinking you to be a demon looking for prey." Just a word of advice, really, assuming this guy truly wasn't trying to make himself a target in any way. Being unclear out here and especially in times like right now was not smart, and even less when you were walking up to someone with a weapon already in hand, and giving a strange vibe yourself. He couldn't quite tell what it was, but this one did feel a bit different from an average person for some reason.

He would shift his position on the rock slightly, testing the faint numbness in his muscles. Well, he was cold, yes. Albeit he wasn't certain why it was this guy's concern, seeing as the line of questioning came a bit out of the left field. "Yes." The answer was obvious after all, and he didn't see a point in denying it. "I am well aware however, and did come out here on purpose." More or less. "Is...there a reason for why you ask? I am not quite certain as to how this relates to my original questioning." He hadn't been going around or disturbing anyone, why would there be a need for someone to ask him that without any prompting?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyFri May 21, 2021 11:22 pm

He never did like how the first instinct most had upon seeing or encountering him was to tense and prepare to flee or fight, but alas this was his lot in life so he dealt with it gracefully enough. The situation here was no exception as he kept a calm neutral expression on his face as he watched the other make a face before breaking the cold silence between them.

He'd tilt his head at the suggestion made, closing his eyes as a small hum escaped him as he thought. "I did not approach quietly nor did I try to hide. I admit my silence could be worked on, but other than that I am not sure where else to improve to not be 'mysterious' as you put it. He'd reopen his eyes and lock them on the other. "If I wanted to be quiet or harm you, trust me when I say you would never know. Luckily for you I am not in the hunting business nor a demon for that matter. I am just drifter with high curiosity. As for your words, I'll definitely consider them. Thank you for the suggestion." He would say it all calmly ending with a very small smile upon his lips. Strange or not, he did appear to be rather gentle, kind, and polite so there was that.

Though the smile would fade after a moment as he looked towards the building in the distance his eyes narrowing slightly at the place. "That said, you seem rather tensed. Did... something happen here?" This place was where the voice brought him before fading and the first thing he ran into was a man with a strange spear seemingly on edge about something...Coincidence? He thought not, so he had to wonder about some things.

Blue orbs would look back at the other watching as he moved and then responded back to his question. To the answer, he recieved, he'd lift one hand from his arm and tap his lips in thought.

"Most do not just sit out here for long even with a purpose. Most don't want to freeze, so I had to wonder if you would not want to go some place warmer... or perhaps I could get you a jacket or something to keep you warm if you intended to stay out longer is all." That was honestly all that was to it. Sure, he had just met the guy and really didn't have a reason to poke his nose into someone else's business, but alas they had met and so his priorities shifted. Even if hated and feared, he still sought to help or at least understand things he came across so there was that. Now how that would all work out was left yet to be scene. As for himself, well he certainly wasn't bothered quite yet by the cold as he shifted a bit in spot to keep his joints from locking.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySat May 22, 2021 11:40 am

In all fairness, Retuo did not see such reactions as inherently negative because it made sense for people to be cautious out here. It could become unpleasant if the person remained seemingly hostile even after you've proven to them that you mean no harm, but as an initial reaction, he couldn't say it was warranted to get overly upset by it. He'd rest the spear across his legs a bit as he listened to the stranger speak. "As a matter of fact, I would say the silence is the biggest factor. Words are the next best thing you have after your actions when it comes to showing your true intent. When you remain deathly silent, people have way less to gauge you by and are more likely to stay wary of what you're thinking about possibly doing to them." Not being quiet and not hiding weren't very informative factors, given that a lot of the beast-like demons out here didn't seem to have the intelligence levels to play smart. They'd come at you without playing games, maybe because they didn't even think that they needed to plan to catch some weak human. "We can never know someone's intentions for sure, but communication is what helps us get closer to understanding them. In my opinion, at the very least." It made things less confusing.

"...." He'd briefly follow the other's gaze to the building before looking back at the guy with a sigh. "I think I always am. Although, you're not wrong to assume that things are happening. There was a demon assault recently, that's all." Well, no harm in saying that much, though whether he'd give more details or not would depend on how the conversation went. He didn't know this person enough to say what they were all about yet after all. That said, he would blink a couple times, his brows furrowing slightly. "Ah...the purpose at hand is exactly that however. I'm trying to improve my tolerance to the cold. If I run to go get warm first thing, that will never happen. I also could very well go inside if I so wished, so you needn't worry about me. I didn't do this carelessly." He had gone far enough to not be randomly disturbed, but not so far that he could not make his way back to the hotel in case he found himself unable to endure the frost for any longer. Were he that short-sighted, he probably wouldn't have made it out here as long as he has. "...thank you for your concern though." He'd add a comment posthaste after a few moments. While he didn't need the assistance, it would be rude to dismiss it entirely.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySat May 22, 2021 4:49 pm

Being caution was indeed not negative; however, when said reactions usually led to being shunned or attacked more often than something positive, the way it was viewed could become rather jaded. While the feeling was there it was thankful one easy to push away and just deal with. He had done so for this long, so he saw no point in mopping in it now. Besides, this one didn't seem to be in the hostile boat so he saw no need to take offense at the behavior. As for what was said, there would be a low rumble of a hum from the pale man as he considered what had been said, his hand going to his chin to rub it in thought. "I...see. I suppose I will keep that in mind and work on my silent habit." His tendency was to stay quiet and watch thanks to the usual unwelcoming treatment. Perhaps if he said hello or what not, people wouldn't get at him as much... Or maybe it would just get him into more trouble. He would definitely have to test some things and see. He seemed to have some good luck with the last two folk he had run into and this one didn't seem so bad so who knew. Maybe not all in the world would hate him off the bat. Anyway, he'd let his hand drop back to his side as he gave a nod. "I will definitely make a note of this. I rather not people get the wrong idea about me after all." His existence alone brought a lot of headaches on its own, so maybe working on his communication skills or making it clear he wasn't trying to harm would help ease this headache instead of add onto it.

He would ponder that in silence for a bit before his eyes went towards the building. He took note the other had looked away from him, though he did not make a scene about it as he heard the sigh and the response given. "Not one to relax so easily, huh?" he would ask softly and then tilting his head his eyebrows would furrow a bit. "Is that what it was?' Though the question was rather faint, his mind seemingly elsewhere as he observed the building some more, that voice still fresh in his memory even though its call was long gone now. He would look back at the other and the spear he held. "Did you use that weapon against them?" he would ask curious yet still cautious. He couldn't tell if it was the weapon or just his current state of mind that made him leery of the thing, but for whatever reason right now it made him slightly uncomfortable to think about. It made whatever was stirring in him twist and turn in odd ways and in turn add onto uncomfortable state of being. Wherever that would go he would let it go as he shifted and took a cautious step closer to the other, he could see a rock he could sit on that would put him even closer to the other, but he wasn't too sure how safe that was right now or if him getting that close would make the other tense again or grab at his weapon again, so for now he just tested the water.

"Ah. Well I cannot argue with that logic and exposure is certainly a way to gain that tolerance. However, if you say I should not worry, then I will leave it alone," he would begin and then giving a slow nod he would continue. "Of course," he would say in response to the thank you as he took small deliberate steps towards the rock he wished to sit on deciding to take chances instead. Besides, he was getting tired of standing anyway. Assuming the other didn't stop him, he would arrive at his destination before sitting down on the rock in a rather heavy fashion, his body more exhausted than he first guessed. Even so he would not let the fatigue pull him down too much as he pushed a bit of his hair behind him as he got comfortable on the rock. "I assume you don't do well in the cold then, Mister....?" His tones were casual and laid back as he left the last part open for the other fill in if he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySat May 22, 2021 9:32 pm

Retuo would simply watch the odd man quietly for a while there. "...I assume you care about what others think of you then?" Not to say that it was unusual, but one would think that when you care enough to make a comment about it, you'd already be going out of your way to do as much as you can to present yourself as more friendly without needing to be told. Then again, perhaps he was simply lacking the full picture here. Whatever it was, would remain to be seen for now.

"Mm. Getting a moment of peace here and there is relaxing enough to me." He probably saw it as less of a big deal than some, but it could also be said that his views were a little different than the common average at times. That said, his brows would furrow slightly when the guy questioned the attack, finding himself coming up short in regards to what answer to give there. Was the answer to that not obvious? If he had a spear on hand, what else would he have used? Surely he wouldn't throw snowballs at the demons instead. He'd tilt his head, his frown deepening a notch as he tried to process this. "Is that...not what weapons are for? Naturally, I'd use it." Was he missing something here? Ah well...

Confusion aside, while he would keep an eye on the guy, he'd make no movements that would imply he had a problem with him coming closer. He wasn't going to act unless he got the distinct feeling that the man was a threat, and while the other was kind of strange...he did not have a reason to think there was a need to do something at the moment. He would however shift his position slightly, frowning to himself a bit at the faint goosebumps the cold was causing him. "It is not pleasant, but there is hardly ever gain without pain...though yes, me and cold don't get along all that well." While he could try to improve on it, he'd probably never be able to say that he wasn't feeling it at all. He would turn to face towards the rock the other sat on more directly, giving the man a nod. "My name is Retuo Sylvain. A pleasure to meet you." The 'I suppose' went unspoken this time around, though he had to internally admit he wasn't sure about how to feel about this just yet. At the same time, he had no real reason to take up an issue with a stranger just because of the circumstances surrounding a meeting.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm

He would hear the question and would look off to the side as he shook his head. "Not exactly. I just...." he paused looking for the proper way to word himself here as he gave a small frown of thought. "Would like things to be less tense between myself and the world is all." His situation was complicated to be frank. On one hand, he cared and didn't care. Cared because he did not wish to be shunned and hated or bullied for his ways or for just existing, but at the time not caring because in the end he was going to be himself like it or not. It was rough sometimes carrying that cross though, so he did look for ways to make the weight a little easier to bear in his life and make connecting with others perhaps less difficult. Unfortunately, being a being of the wild and not exactly having the best interactions as far as others went, all the ways he could become less intimidating didn't cross his mind. It was a tough spot to be in to be frank.
The heavy thoughts would go through him though on the outside the only thing that could be seen was his silence, serious expression, and a slight narrowing of the eyes as he looked down at the snow beneath him.

The moment would last for a second or two before he stored the thoughts elsewhere and turned his blue eyes towards the other as he spoke on relaxing. He'd give a faint smile at that one. "I see. Well I can't argue that a moment of silence and solitude can do wonders at times." Though a lot of it could be damaging. Still, he did his best to be more or less content with what he had and just take small steps improve where he could. Speaking of small steps, he seemed to still need to work on being clear when he was speaking. He would see the furrowing of the brows and hear the response given. To it all, he'd give a light huff as he shook his head a sheepish smile on his lips. "Of course you would. Though I suppose my question is more about the weapon. It doesn't seem like a normal spear, so I am curious as to what it is exactly and how you came about such a weapon." His eyes would drift back towards the spear on the other's lap, its scent still hard to match up to things he encountered before, but it was certainly not normal. He hoped being more direct would help, but at the same time he didn't expect the guy to spill his heart out to a stranger either so there was that. In any case, all he could do now was wait and see what happened.

And watch he would as he got to the rock without any issue and sat down on it. He took notice that the guy kept his eyes on him, but he didn't mind as he settled on the rock. He'd move his sleeves about making sure they kept the marred skin underneath covered as well as to add a bit of warmth to himself before he folded his hands in his lap, palms facing up and relaxed. Unlike the other not a single goosebump or shiver was coming across him for the moment as for why well...

"I like the cold. I find it quite nice to be frank; however, if I were to try to do the same as you to build up tolerance for heat and such, I think I'd literally melt or turn to ash," he'd chuckle softly. It honestly made him quite miserable in the end and let's not even start with too much light. No. No. No.

Anyway, he had a name now and with that, he'd give the other a gentle smile. Mr. Sylvian, the pleasure is mine. My name is Snow Li Fang," he would say managing to still give a bow even though he was sitting.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyMon May 24, 2021 9:38 pm

He'd eye the other contemplatively, quiet for a few moments before resigning himself to a simple light shrug. "Fair enough." He really couldn't come up with anything better to say, and he had no reason to argue against such a statement either. It was one's own choice as to whether they wished to rid themselves of tension surrounding them or not at the end of the day. "Mm. I consider it more calming than people, therefore yes, it does wonders if that is the wording you wish to use for it." If he had to make the choice, he would almost always prefer to be by himself over being around people. He was by no means anti-social, and would do his best to get along with those who were not showing him any hostility....but he was ultimately still not a people person by nature.

He'd blink when the guy explained himself further. "Ah..." What to answer with was the real question there though. "I will not deny, you are correct to assume that the weapon I wield is not a normal one...however, I'm sure you understand that divulging certain personal details to a stranger one has just met falls in the 'none of your business' category at times." And one of those times was now. While he was not adamant about hiding the nature of his power, he wasn't going to spit it freely in the face of any person who asked either. He had to be at least a bit cautious when it came to that type of information. If nothing else though, he was clearly doing his best to be polite with his 'refusal' to answer, because despite it all, he was not trying to imply anything truly negative.

"Hm...." He'd shift his hold on the spear slightly, moving his hand up the handle closer to the blade, breathing out in a cloud of frosty mist before he shook his head lightly. "It is certainly...quite cold here, but it is not cold enough to kill me as long as I'm mindful of what I allow myself to go through. It may not agree with me, but I have lived outside for long enough at this point. I think my body is accustomed enough to dealing with strain by now." It was going to complain for sure, but it wasn't going to full on give out on him super easily. That said, he'd offer a nod in return, not wanting to attempt bowing himself, lest he accidentally impale a part of himself on his own spear or something. He would no speak further however, letting the other man set the course from there on...or fall into a silence, were that his choice.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptyMon May 24, 2021 11:08 pm

The silence, shrug and simple comment that followed his words did not seem to bother the man much as he let the topic rest not seeing a need to try and keep the matter alive. As for the comment about people and silence being calming, he'd give a faint smile. "Indeed it is. People can be draining to me, so it is nice to recharge at times." Not that he minded company, but still. He did need his space away from people too so there was that. In any case, he'd tilt his head slightly at the other, curious once more. "Do you prefer silence and solitude over people then?" For himself, it was kind of a balancing act. While he did enjoy being alone, there were times he wanted to be around people too, but most certainly not as frequent as a social butterfly would. That would be a bit too much for him in the end and would more than likely stress him out. So yes small doses and small groups or one-on-ones worked best for him.

As for the results of him poking into the matter of the question, he would find himself closing his eyes as he gave a slow deep nod. "Ah. I see and yes I do understand. Forgive me for prying too much." His tones were gentle and soft. The pang of disappointment at not getting much there was felt, but in the end one that was more or less easy to push away. Like the guy had said they were strangers and it wasn't like the behavior was a surprise either. He just thought to give the question a try and see what happened. And now he knew and would let it go for now. At least he took the refusal gracefully enough, remaining calm and polite all the way. His true thoughts and emotions were well hidden, but even so he didn't see the event as a negative thing. It wasn't like the guy was being an ass about it, so there was that.

Hm?

He'd hear the sound made, his eyes watching the other's hand as he moved it up the spear and towards its blade; however, he would make any move that showed alarm or tension as he focused on the words said. "The cold here is nice and comforting to me in comparison to the heat. Though as far as forcing myself to sit out in the elements to acclimate to them? I would say, I was built up due to having no choice, but to deal with them at times." It just came with being a surface dweller instead of a vault one. "Anyway, you said you have lived out here a while. How long have you been out here?" he would ask before falling silent to see where that one went. As for the introduction thing that turned into a nod and then silence, well he certainly didn't rush to break said silence nor did he seemed bothered by it as he watched the other quietly for a few moments before looking back towards the landscape. A cold, but gentle wind would blow pushing some of his hair into his face. Without really thinking, he'd move one hand to brush the hair back behind his strangely pointed ears, the sleeve slipping back slightly on the arm to reveal something like inky black cracks on his white porcelain like skin. The sight was brief quickly vanishing once he had let his hand drop back to rest on his lap causing the sleeve to slip over it as he continued to watch the area around them. At the same time he was not ignore the other. He was highly aware he was there still even if he wasn't looking directly at him.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun May 30, 2021 11:39 am

"..."

He'd stare at the other quietly for a few moments. "You could put it that way. People have their uses...but I do not seek the company just for the sake of not being alone. With that factor being unimportant, it comes down to how comfortable and genuine you can be around a person, and I think we can all agree that there are rarely many people who can fit that criterion well enough. Ultimately, putting up faces around a person usually brings more tension and stress than simply being alone." The person you were conversing with was probably not being fully open with you either, because who was really so naive and willing right away? All in all, the social game maybe appealed to some, but Retuo found it to be a distracting noise more often than not. Sure, he could navigate around it in short bursts when he needed to, but it was hardly ever an activity he would seek with enthusiasm. It wasn't like he would outright decline company most of the time because he was aware there was no other way to build possible connections, but he was also not going to go out of his way to explicitly hide the fact that he didn't tend to see the process as a fun past time. Oftentimes, they were just motions one went through to make sure there wasn't any animosity between them and the person they happened to come in contact with...

"...I don't think there is anything to forgive." Not yet anyway. There would have been had the guy pushed for it for a longer while before finally conceding, but in a situation like this he couldn't blame him entirely. While on one hand it was an obviously bold move to ask such a question towards a person you've only just met, it also remained true that sometimes getting information was impossible without being willing to ask and take the fall. It was about knowing when to go for it and when to back off, after all. In any case, he would glance down to study the blade for a few moments before opting to simple dismiss the spear away for now. He wasn't going to be able to focus properly with random company by his side, and he didn't want to take any risks either. He wasn't sure what could happen just yet, and he wasn't going to do testing around someone right now. That could wait a little while. "Assuming the question is a general one...about 24 years?" He'd shrug lightly. Honestly, at some point it probably didn't even make much of a difference anymore. After the first few years it was just a matter of time passing further and further.

That said, he was not overly bothered by the following silence. "...." He didn't really have anything he wanted to say either way. Although, there was a part of him that did wonder as to why did this guy feel the need to waste his time sitting in the company of a random person, given that wasn't even what he came here for, right? Also yes, he was taking notice of the strange features...but he wasn't all that surprised since he could sense a strange vibe from the very beginning. Nevertheless, he saw no reason to get all jumpy and skittish over it as long as there was no threat being issued towards him. That'd only be a waste of energy on his part, and the last thing he wanted to do unnecessarily while he was already suffering out in the cold.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun May 30, 2021 4:35 pm

He didn't mind the stare as he watched the other back calmly, a slow cat like blink occurring once the other had finished speaking.

"We are similar there with the not seeking out people to not be alone. As for being genuine, well that is always a tricky spot. Most do put up a face or two to interact with people. That is what we are taught to do. As for myself well, I would say I do not necessarily do that. My energy usually goes elsewhere when interacting with people and thus contributes to the drain. It can be a pain at times, I won't lie there, but at the same time a necessary one if one wants to connect and such in the world." Yes one could indeed stay alone and do things on their own, but in the end to get to places you wanted to go you often had to rely on others...and that was something that was at times less awkward when you went out of your way to connect in some way with folks that could help with your goals. People did indeed have their uses, but even so he did not view them as tools just to use and toss away once whatever was gained either. For him there was a balance.  

That aside, he give a small smile to the comment on forgiving as a soft "I see" passed his lips. He didn't seem overly excited about it or all so eager to jump over the fact that the other wasn't getting at him for what he had done. No his reaction was more subtle and calmer than that, suggesting that perhaps he was used to not getting his way or at least working through failure with a bit more grace than others who would throw a tantrum or do something more emotional based instead over something like this. It was disappointing not to get information yes, but at the same time it wasn't so bad he needed to misbehave in such a fashion. Even less so when he was already at low energy in an area that was slowly sinking its cold fangs into him. However, he would not shiver or complain as he took in the other's action with the blade noticing how he could dismiss at will. It certainly made him wonder many things about it, but for the time being he would not ask his questions since the other decided to answer one of his.

"24 years. Hmm. I beat by a year in timing," he would say giving a small smirk to the other though his voice remained calm and soft before he tilted his head becoming curious again. "Yet you look rather young still. Have you been traveling since you were little and by yourself? Or...?" He would ask his question before trailing off into a silence that neither one seemed to want to break. In the silence, his actions remained more or less harmless as he watched the scenery, his body relaxed as the wind played with his hair and the snow. He would stay like this a moment longer seemingly still as a statue before he shifted in his spot a bit to get more comfortable as his hand went into his long sleeves to find what appeared to be a small cloth wrapped around something. He'd take a moment to unwrap the package carefully revealing a few rolled up items and a single black lighter with a silver bird etched upon it.

He wasn't quite sure what it was about this small pack and lighter that brought him joy. He didn't understand why he liked to pass time with said items or why it felt so natural to look over the other with serious yet soft expression and ask, "Do you smoke?" in soft tones as he moved the packet slightly towards the other as a slight offering though one that could easily be taken back if the other said no or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 1:21 pm

He'd only offer the other a faint half-smile. "Almost all people who say they do not put up faces are lying. It's nigh impossible to always be fully yourself. The moment you hold your tongue for any reason at all, even if simply because you don't want a person to know something, you're already altering your behavior to suit the encounter at hand. No matter how honest anyone claims they are, basically everyone lies or omits some things about themselves at some point." To never do that would in many cases spell one's end, even. People were far too easy to rile up, and one would have to be a downright fool to never hold back on what they were thinking or wanted to do deep down. That was how fights got picked, and unfortunate results came up.

Regardless, the conversation would lapse into silence at the guy's very simple comment, and would remain there until the topic of time and age differences came up. The dark haired man would furrow his brows slightly. "...I'm 30. You can take that as you will. I used to travel with my mother when I was young." He had no reason to hide that fact, although he had every intention to remain mostly general if the guy kept asking more detailed questions. While he was quite willing to be honest with most things, there was only so much he'd truly reveal to someone he did not know well.

In any case, more silence would come in afterwards, neither of them showing a lot of interest in chatting it up but in all honesty, Retuo didn't particularly mind it. He'd speak when he needed to or took an interest in a matter, but he was no social butterfly by default, thus this suited him just fine. Even if it made him wonder why the guy would stay around just to be mostly silent. After all, he did not come here with that as the purpose, right? When the guy did speak again, he'd find himself looking over kind of blankly before simply shaking his head "...I'm afraid I do not know what that is for, but thank you for the offer I suppose." It wasn't like he had real exposure to these things as a kid, and once he was out here...well, it wasn't something he would have paid a lot of heed to one way or another seeing as scavenging for stuff that didn't have much use for survival didn't seem worth it to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icy Reflections [Snow]   Icy Reflections [Snow] Empty

Back to top Go down

Icy Reflections [Snow]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next