Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
School Lab [Destiny] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
School Lab [Destiny] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
School Lab [Destiny] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
School Lab [Destiny] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
School Lab [Destiny] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
School Lab [Destiny] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
School Lab [Destiny] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
School Lab [Destiny] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
School Lab [Destiny] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

School Lab [Destiny]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Derrick

Derrick

School Lab [Destiny] Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 pm

The thick, sour stench of formaldehyde assaulted Destiny’s nose the moment she walked through the classroom door, causing her face to twist into a grimace. She cupped a hand over her face, fingers barely covering her nose, and scurried to the one unoccupied table at the back of the room. Before she could reach it, however, she heard a sharp, “Endeux!”

The blonde froze mid-stride. Straightening her spine and turning towards the voice, she saw the teacher striding towards her, the woman’s mouth in a peculiarly pursed line. Panic washed over the teenager. She hadn’t walked into the wrong class by mistake, had she? Was there some event today she had forgotten about? Or was it possible that she was suddenly failing and would be serving immediate detention? Through her frantic thoughts, all the girl could manage was a soft,  “Y-Yes-?”

There wasn’t time for her to say much else. Without warning the teacher took Destiny by the arm, tugging her over to a table where a silver-haired teen was working quietly. Releasing her, the woman added, “Endeux, you’ll be working with Tsurinai,” before she scurried back to the front of the room.

Destiny released the breath she hadn’t realized she was holding. After taking a moment to set her belongings underneath the table, she offered her partner a small smile before she glanced down at his progress. The frog was still intact, its limbs flopped uselessly to the sides. Quickly averting her eyes, she focused on reading the basic instructions the teacher had written on the board.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 pm

She was growing anxious again. Reflexively her hand rose to her neck, two fingers lightly running across her collarbone in a habitually nervous gesture. Forcing herself not to panic at the prospect of slicing the animal open herself, Destiny glanced around the room, noticing that the other students were already shrieking in awe and disgust at their experiments.  It wasn’t as if the instructions on the board were in-depth, anyway, she supposed; all that had been written were basic warnings such as “handle scalpel with care” and “don’t hurt each other”.

Sucking in a somewhat shaky breath, she turned back to the teen. “Alright.” She hoped the smile she gave him was bigger than it felt.

It took her a minute to tie her hair back and don the gloves the teacher had left out. While some of the other students seemed perfectly at ease handling frog intestines with their bare hands, the girl wasn’t one of them. Only then did she pick up the instrument, keeping the blade down and pointed away from both her and her tablemate, and hover over the dead creature.

//….oh dear.//  She paused, staring at the little amphibian, quite at a loss of what to do. She could make a shallow cut straight down its stomach, but would that damage the insides they were supposed to study? Cutting off its head, like she’d seen some cooks do with fish, didn’t seem quite right either. After all, fish and frogs aren’t the same thing. But then…what was she supposed to do?

Desperate to have some idea of where to begin, she looked up at the boy standing next to her, meeting his stare. Forcing a weak smile on her face despite the embarrassed heat rising in her cheeks, she wondered, “Anything in particular you would like to see first?” At least the question would give her some time to plan out how exactly she should proceed.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:05 pm

It was hard not to notice the ease with which the boy manipulated her hand and, with it, the scalpel. She forced herself to note the pressure he applied and where, making sure to remember it for future labs. He was right, after all. The frog was indeed dead and wouldn’t be protesting against two high-school students prodding through its belly. And a failing grade on either of their records just wouldn’t do, no matter how plausible—or in her case, she corrected, silly—the excuse was. The moment he stepped away, she turned to face him, hands clasped in front of her. Bowing her head, eyes downcast shamefully, she murmured, "I-I’m sorry."

Her green-blue hues raised back up at his curious questions, the rest of her apology dead on her lips. Listening intently, she waited until he had finished his piece before she made any move to reply. "Oh…no. Not at all. It’s just…it still seems almost cruel, I suppose."

She paused for a moment, reviewing her words. Did that even make sense? Worried that she’d just made him more confused or possibly aggravated, she added quickly, "I-I mean—I…uhm…" she dissolved into a murmuring mess, growing more self-conscious the longer he stared at her. Frustrated with her lack of coherency, she finally sighed, switching topics for the time being. "N-never mind."

"Ah, no, actually. I’ve only lived here about--" her voice died out for a moment as she glanced at the ceiling, counting quietly to herself, "...four years now. I was actually born in England." A corner of her mouth crooked upwards in a lopsided, sheepish smile. "I suppose my hair is a bit of a giveaway, no? Most people from this area aren’t blonde."

Destiny’s head tilted to the side as she smiled gently, asking, "And you? Have you lived here for very long?" She studied his face closely, noting his own unique traits. With a twinge of childish excitement, she wondered if the guess she had in her mind would match his answer.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:34 pm

The girl couldn’t help but frown at him. Despite his kind, reassuring gesture, she felt guilty for unintentionally dumping the entire workload on his shoulders and then earning a grade for doing nothing. It wasn’t as if she was physically incapable of helping him, after all. But he seemed to know what he was doing, and she decided it was best to let him work in peace. With her luck, she’d do something that would either injure one or both of them should she try and help. With that thought she set the scalpel she had been holding with the other unused instruments. //Why can’t I ever be useful…?//

Her guilt started to run deeper as he fixed his harsh gaze onto her face. She flinched at the intensity, subtly raising her shoulders as if trying to become smaller. //Murphy’s Law was made for me, wasn’t it?// she thought forlornly, forcing her body to relax when he proceeded to calm down and answer her innocent question.

“Oh…only two months?” she smiled pleasantly. “You seem quite comfortable here, nevertheless. It’s impressive.” After all, Destiny had moved numerous times in her relatively short life and knew all about the difficulties of settling into a new place.

She was tempted to ask what “business” his family ran, but after recalling his reluctance to her earlier inquiry, she instead focused on their project. After all, she didn’t want to make him upset again by prying into his personal affairs.

It didn’t quite look like a frog anymore. Rather, with its organs removed and spread out on the tray, it was similar to a toy model, albeit a rather grotesque one. However, it made the creature seem less like a living thing and more of an object, and that was enough to dispel the blonde’s earlier sympathies for the amphibian. “My you work fast. Very neatly, too.” Casting a cursory glance over the organs, she realized she could name a few on sight. The perk of having a chef for a father, she guessed. “Hmm…I suppose there’s really nothing left to do, is there?” She placed a hand on her chin, deep in thought. After a moment of racking her brain, she realized that he had single-handedly finished their experiment.

With a sad shake of her head, she turned to him, a rueful smile on her face. “I wish I was of more help. I’m sorry I’m not a very useful partner.” The grin slipped from her face as she recalled his annoyance—or, at least, that’s what it appeared to be—at her earlier apology. “I-I mean…” her words trailed away. How was she supposed to apologize for saying sorry without actually apologizing? The dilemma made her head spin for a moment. Finally, Destiny let out a small, awkward laugh, her hands raising to cover her pink face. “Oh dear…you must have terrible luck to have been paired with me.”
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Slowly, Destiny’s fingers lowered from her eyes, allowing her to blink slowly at the boy in front of her. Did…fine? Yes, he did say that, didn’t he? She replayed the words a few times in her head, the anxiety boiling inside of her mellowing into a stagnant calm. Allowing herself a soft sigh of relief, she finally removed her hands from her face, instead holding them close to her chest as she fiddled with her gloved fingers.  

She took his comment concerning her amicability lightly. The blonde knew she was far too quiet and a little on the awkward side. But maybe he just preferred people like that. If he wasn’t all that comfortable in this place, perhaps he was more at ease with someone who felt a little out of place herself. His question, however, temporarily derailed her train of thought.

The childish part of her caused her to blink owlishly and another blush, this one of embarrassment, to grow on her cheeks. But she didn’t quite notice, for her rational side was busy trying to figure out why he’d ask something like that, especially if he’d just met her. He didn’t seem to be that kind of person, but then again, she’d been wrong about people before. For a moment, she wondered if he’d just mispronounced a word, like she used to when she was first learning the native tongue. //But he said he’s from Japan. Japanese is probably his first language.// she mused to herself, a once probable explanation flying out the window. After running the inquiry through her mind again, she realized he didn’t quite mean it in the way it sounded. After all, who said “I have use of someone like you” before asking someone on a date?

“Pardon?” she tilted her head to the side. After another moment, she recalled that he also expressed a slight interest in learning about Ueitawa. The memory cleared her confusion, and she gave him a soft smile. “Ah, did you have somewhere you would like to go? I wouldn’t mind showing you around, if that’s what you want.” She met his gaze, standing just a little straighter. She may not have been able to slice up a dead animal, but she could play tour guide. That, at least, she was certain she could do.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:42 pm

“Commoners”? “Attendant”? Well, no wonder he’d have problems holding a conversation with some of the more prideful members of town, then. That, and the fact that he was a little…innocent? No, oblivious was a better word. An “innocent” person wouldn’t have such a jaded look in his eyes, or carve into a frog without a second thought. Yes, oblivious was definitely the right adjective.

Realizing that there was no further need to wear them, Destiny peeled off her gloves and let her hair out of the ponytail she had drawn it back into. As she combed absentmindedly through the strands, attempting to straighten them, she nodded. “That sounds fine. I need to go there anyways after school as well, so it’s no trouble at all.” When he mentioned returning the favor, she shook her head lightly, a light laugh springing out of her mouth. “I don’t think that’s necessary. After all, you did save my grade just now. I rather think that this is my way of returning the favor to you.”

She paused to give him a grateful smile. “Before I forget…thank you.” She meant for everything, such as the comforting words and the understanding actions, but she figured he’d only think of the grade. Oh well. As long as he understood she was grateful, the blonde was pleased. “Would you like to go there right after school today, or would you prefer to wait? Ah, you’re probably involved in a school club, aren’t you?” She worked the ends of her hair with her fingertips, toying with them as she thought for a moment. “If you have something to do, we could meet at the Market. Either way, my schedule is rather light, so I’m willing to go with whatever makes it easier for you.”
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Her smile widened a fraction at the acceptance of her offer. Normally, people tended to argue with her over things like this, insisting that she didn’t owe them anything and it was, in fact, they who had a debt to repay. It was actually nice, for a change, to have someone who, after hearing her logic, agreed with her.

The only indication she gave that she’d heard his pause was a small nod of agreement at his words. In all honesty, she didn’t find it so odd. Most of the students nowadays were a little on edge after all of the disappearances around town. Some openly admitted it, others hid behind what they thought was “normal” behavior. Perhaps he was just nervous to walk the streets alone? It seemed unlikely with the personality she’d seen so far, but one could never really be sure.

“Ah, you’re right.” Her fingertips pressed against her lips as realization dawned on her. “That does sound like a rather good idea. Yes, of course, it works quite well.” She took his hand gently, a bit self-conscious with the hand-shake her mother had once told her was more appropriate at a royal tea party rather than a business agreement.  

Releasing his fingers from her grasp, she gave him another smile accompanied with the tilting of her head, an expression she often used at her waitressing job. “Should you need to change the meeting place or time, please don’t hesitate to find and tell me.” She doubted he would take advantage of the offer, but she laid the option out for him anyway. Who knows; perhaps he’d be dragged to the kendo club for whatever reason, or he’d simply find someone else to accompany him home. Still, he seemed set on visiting the Market, and she doubted he would have a sudden change of heart throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Lab [Destiny]   School Lab [Destiny] Empty

Back to top Go down

School Lab [Destiny]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next